What are BirdSeed users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using BirdSeed software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love that this tool can grow with my business either by volume or variety of the need of the customer. It is nonintrusive especially in the mobile experience which is so important."
  • icon"I really like the ease when setting it up. I like the ability for my clients to reach me easily and quickly."
  • icon"We are testing this app with one of our sites, and it's working like a charm."
  • icon"It seemed a bit glitchy when I first started to use it. The chats wouldn't load or I wouldn't get notifications for the chats, which defeats the purpose."
  • icon"My score of the likelihood of recommending is lower only because I am having trouble embedding the snippet. I really think it is my site, but I have to doublecheck it."
  • icon"I don't see anything I don't like. If I ever need something, they try to roll out specific features quickly."

Browse all BirdSeed Reviews

• Have you used BirdSeed and would like to share your experience with others?

Cherlyn

So many little engagement widgets in one thing!

Great! I know that site visitors coming to my site want to get their information immediately, as well as possibly get in touch, so this meets all of their needs.

Pros

I couldn't have imagined this myself. What a great, innovative piece of software! I was looking for something to replace my tawk.to chat tool, and found this. It so smoothly gives my site visitors exactly what they need immediately, it's almost divine! I am greatly excited about the uses of this tool once my site gets more traffic.

Cons

Really, there's nothing to dislike about it. I am impressed and pleased with the tool.

Reasons for switching to BirdSeed

I didn't like that tawk.to had their branding on the chatbox and was looking for a replacement.

Response from BirdSeed

Thank you so much for the review, Cherlyn! We really appreciate that you have used our product extensively and really understand the value of having different things for different visitors.. and provide them immediately! We will continue to improve our product and hopefully have some things coming soon that help you convert even more visitors to engaged contacts!

Love this App

Overall I have had a great experience with increase customer time on my sites, better engagement and much more professional looking layout in a easy to find tool.

Pros

This app can do so many things and is all inside the popup. Not only can you use video to connect with clients on any level you decide ( For FAQ questions, For Demo etc. ) but also Live chat and email. It offers more that I have not used as of yet.

Cons

Really no major cons. Sure a few minor technical issues due to so many different themes being used but all are taken care of fast. The developer is hands on and very responsive.

Response from BirdSeed

Hello There~ Thank you SO much for the review. We have really worked hard to create a product that is easy to use and valuable for engaging more of your website visitors. Really appreciate you taking the time to write the review and the kind words! We will continue to build a more trusted and feature-rich product!

Replied February 2020

Nice all in one platform!

Pros

I loved that I would allow me to add a chat function to my site that I could customize to send clients to different places. Being able to schedule meetings directly in the chat was really nice. There are lots of helpful tools to help you connect with and direct customers.

Cons

It seemed a bit glitchy when I first started to use it. The chats wouldn't load or I wouldn't get notifications for the chats, which defeats the purpose. I would love if this integrated with something like Slack and even messenger to have a unified chat inbox.

Response from BirdSeed

Thank you so much for your review! We are in the process of making substantial updates to our live chat tool and would love it if you check it out in about 10 days. Regarding notifications for the chats and getting notified in Slack, I would be happy to help you get those setup in minutes! You also are able to add in FB Messenger and I can show you how to do that as well. If you could open a ticket by emailing Support@birdseed.io, we will get those sorted out for you very quickly!

Replied July 2019

Cristian

February 2022

If you hate bots and want a simple tool for Leads, this is it.

Overall is a great tool. I like it and it works. Would be better to have a ground integration with different CRMs out there. Also will be great to have more native tools like Whatsapp and Messenger. By all means, it works fine and specially if you hate bots like me.

Pros

I love the granularity of having 12+ tools under the same roof. The UX inside and for the customer, are great an needs to mention. Is simple, and deployment is awesomely fast.

Cons

I like the app to work on autopilot. The Chat can work better in iOS app when someone ring the bell. I say it needs more work in integrations, not zapier i mean. Specially to CRMs like Keap that can send automatic e-mails in case of an emergency.

Janeris

Industry: Photography

Birdseed is great all around

Anytime I have an issue, their support online and on facebook answers right away. They help roll out new features as requested.

Reasons for switching to BirdSeed

I had lifetime access opportunity

Response from BirdSeed

Janeris, Thank you SO much for the review!!! We really, really appreciate it and we have some powerful updates coming very soon!

Replied March 2020

Craige Hardel

Perfect agent for small businesses

It's a good tool and filled a lot of holes in our marketing. Especially the livechat and call request I do recommend if you want something you can use right away and know what you want

Pros

Birdseed saved me a lot of time and energy when interfacing with my clients and potential ones too. It's features are actually unique compared to what's on the market The tools are well thought out and covers a lot of use cases you would combine in several other applications

Cons

Integrations are still missing and can be optimized a bit. They have zapier but it's a bit slow. Not enough native integrations. It would nice if they have a few like slack and autoresponders

Reasons for choosing BirdSeed

It has more features right from the box. Even the free plan is way better and not too restrictive and it's affordable

Response from BirdSeed

Hello Craige!! Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate that you find our offering unique as that is exactly why we built something we felt was different and needed.. we also wanted something that would work for all businesses looking to better engage website visitors and allow them to "take their next right step" in the process of becoming an excited customer! We are still working on ways to improve the integration process as we know that easily connecting to other products is very important for businesses to complete the loop of responding to their leads. Thank again!

Nicole

Industry: Sporting Goods

Good Start To Cover What We Need

The overall experience is good and no negative comment at the point of writing

Pros

1) Constantly improving app 2) Simple and easy to use 3) It is a Swiss Army tool for our business 4) It is on par with Intercom

Cons

1) To have more integration for the calendar feature not just Google Calendar 2) More integrations with email marketing systems such as Mailer Lite, MailChimp, etc

Response from BirdSeed

Thank you Nicole!! We really appreciate the review of BirdSeed. We know we aren't perfect.. but improving and trying to add value every day :) Thanks for the review and for taking time out of your day to write your review.! We will make it easier to integrate with email marketing systems in the near future!

Carol

I wrote a harsh review -- and now my tail is between my legs because it was ME that was the problem!

Overall, it's a good app

Pros

Most: the commitment to the customer experience of the founder Next up: the options for engagement with website visitors

Cons

I was confused when I first installed it as a fairly new app -- parts weren't working -- now this was a LONG time ago and when I left it for a while to become more mature, I went in with the same attitude. Unfortunately, it was I who was the problem. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked me through my "issues" and now it's working as I expected.

Response from BirdSeed

Carol, I can't tell you how much we appreciate this updated review! I hope that we can continue to show ways to help with finding new ways to engage your website visitors. If you run into anything else, we are here for you!

Replied February 2021

Leonardo

Interact Easily with your Prospects and Boost your LeadGen

Pros

We are testing this app with one of our sites, and it's working like a charm. We started the test about 3 months ago, and I saw an increase of 38% in lead gen, since we can engage with our customers at breakneck speed. This app allows us to use videos, pro-active actions, even have a FAQ within the widget. It's a total of 12 tools and you can enable/disable depending on your use case. It's a very good tool for lead gen, and quite unique. They have a very good free plan, so go ahead and test it!

Cons

It's an awesome app, can't say I found something that bother us.

Response from BirdSeed

I can't thank you enough for this review!! It means a great deal when someone has spent time with our app to see the value experienced when combining our tools to work together to increase lead generation! We have even more in the works and doing everything we can to get better every day! Thank you again!

Shane

Weird Name, Great Software!

Pros

Everyone's familiar with Intercom, some people know about the other services that are common (Olark, Gist, etc.) but Birdseed should be at the top of your stack for website support programs. It isn't just a chat, it has integrated newsletter signups, call requests, knowledge base, videos, so many features and integrations. If it isn't in this suite you probably don't even need it.

Cons

It doesn't have a steep learning curve but it does take a minute to try to figure everything out. Typical though when a service has so many features.

Response from BirdSeed

Thank you so much for your review, Shane! We really appreciate that you would consider us along with all of the other quality products out there. You are so right that we are trying to cater to many different types of visitors with our product! Hope to continue to add value to your website visitor engagement and we have some great new features coming!

Dustin

What a great sales/support tool for your site

Easy to setup and install on your website. So far it has been a cool addition to my website.

Pros

Love the knowledge base and video features. The tool does a great job of giving you a support dashboard/chat bubble for your site.

Cons

Wish it had more native integrations with other applications. It does have Zapier ($$$) which helps, but it is still limiting.

Reasons for switching to BirdSeed

I haven’t switched completely, gist is great, using birdseed as an additional tool to help warm leads up before contacting them.

Response from BirdSeed

Thank you SO much Dustin!! Reviews like this mean the world to us! We will continue to hopefully add additional lead conversion value in the future.

Rithvik

Industry: Research

Truely amazing tool for lead capturing and knowledge base

Collecting leads have become easy after installing birdseed on my site. Popup were annoying my users but now with birdseed changed everything.

Pros

Having 12 tools in one app is just great. Right lead generation to knowledge base everything is present in one app and integrating it to my site was just so easy it just took 2 mins to add birdseed to my site. All you need is to paste the java script code into the site. You can later add or delete the tools in the birdseed dashboard. Setting up the tools is also easy which can be done is few clicks. I never had problems with birdseed or faced any bugs it the platform till date. This is a very good software for capturing leads. The best part is it is free forever. Until you need advanced features. The free plan is sufficient for most the small business owners .

Cons

Right now I can't point out any cons in the platform they have given everything for free which is just amazing.

Response from BirdSeed

Thank you so much!! We really appreciate the kind words and glad that we are able to add value!

Replied May 2019

Esther

Industry: Photography

Great for Customer Service

I am able to have a HELP section on my website that is very easy for clients to find and get their questions answered

Pros

I love their FAQ features. I can put those directly on my homepage under the question mark and clients can easily reference what they need.

Cons

There are still some bugs they are working on. It is a great platform, so I trust that they will be fixed soon, but bugs are still annoying at times. I trust that the platform will mature as they continue to grow. :)

Response from BirdSeed

Esther, Thank you so much for this review!! We will continue to improve every aspect of our product in the coming months and hope you are able to make use of these enhancements!

Replied July 2019

Fonda

Wow...there are several tools in one

I am not a long time user but am super excited to see where I will be able to take my business with this tool.

Cons

Response from BirdSeed

Hello Fonda! Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate that you see the value and look forward to where our product is headed in the future as well!. We would love to help you get the code on your website quickly.... could you please submit a ticket at Support@Birdseed.io? We should be able to explain or show how to do it really quickly!

Replied October 2019

Use for consulting blog

I stopped to the setup because of the confusion.

Pros

The variety of the tools available to use within birdseed ecosystem.

Cons

The setup confusion. It is not that easy to setup the product.

Response from BirdSeed

Hello, and thank you so much for your review! We are sorry you had an issue setting up your account. If you could please an email to Support@BirdSeed.io, we should be able to respond to your ticket quickly and help get everything setup for you quickly! I really apologize for the start of using our product, but hope to make-up for it quickly!

Replied June 2019

Retno

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Tools to Increase Site Visitors Engagement

Pros

Birdseed gives users many tools to increase visitor engagement. But the ones that I like most are the feedback, contact form, and email capture tools.

Cons

Choosing which tools are the best for your site requires trial and error.

Response from BirdSeed

Hello Retno! Thank you so much for your review of BirdSeed. We really appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience thus far. We realize that one of the things we need to improve upon greatly is explaining all of the different way to make sure of our product since there are so many options. You will find that we will greatly improve customer education in the near future! Thanks again!

BirdSeed