All SendPulse Reviews

The future of marketing

Zachariah

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2018

SendPulse fits our needs for bulk mailing to our many thousands of readers of our magazine.

The ability to send thousands of emails in one go. It helps manage campaigns to all our subscribers readers. We also get to use it to send messages to select smaller subgroups of our readers and subscribers or even our advertisers (in some cases).

PROS

The User Interface UI is fairly neat and tidy. The buttons and controls are fairly easy to figure out even without a walkthrough or guide. The software allows you to send a huge number of emails (to clean email addresses) with ease. They maintain a high level of integrity with regard to not sending spam (to protect themselves and yourself). Their support staff are polite and pretty prompt in dealing with queries and complaints. They tend to offer solutions where possible. (For example, we had a mailing list that we had built over several years which had older addresses which had lapsed and expired and changed. When we tried to launch a campaign to those addresses many bounced back and they shut down the campaign midway. Initially, we were disappointed and irritated but after getting to chat with the support team we were offered good advice on cleaning our list. )

CONS

It would be good to have an email cleaner built into the software rather than having to use an external service. I hate to pay for anything but sometimes you have to. In the case of SendPulse i got a good deal on a special and am happy with the price i pay. Those using the software can control their budget and choose packages that suit their pocket but be aware that there are cos

Gabor

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Best newsletter service

I have switched over to SendPulse about a year ago or so. Before I was using another software doing similar functions. I never regretted the switch and have switch or newly signed up my customers to it too. I highly recommend.

PROS

This is one of the easiest software to use from all the newsletter software I have been using in the past. This is also one of the cheapest.

CONS

There are a few parts which needs a bit more polishing. The newsletter building part could be more user friendly.

Faster customer support.

Reasons for switching to SendPulse

Mailchimp became much more expensive and also harder to use.

Reviewed September 2016

Good but API is hard work

So – I am going to caveat this whole thing with – if you’re not interested in using the API or you are not coming from another service with an existing API integration, this probably won’t apply to you. Summary: 2 different API’s, both awfully designed, both poorly documented, both with completely different authentication methods, credentials etc. however, the application itself is great, so if you’re not using the API, it’s probably fine. Full Review: SendPulse has a functional API, but it feels like it was created by someone that read a REST API book of best practices without really thinking about how people would / should use it. My biggest problem is the way authentication works (on the main API which is for sending your campaigns, managing subscriptions etc.), sure it follows all OAUTH standards, but this means you need to manage identify on your application so you send all the correct tokens etc., it feels very Salesforce, not Slack (if you have used either of these API’s you will know, Slack is easy, Salesforce is really really hard) – another comparison would be that it feels like IBM made this software when you are using the API, not a start-up. If you are coming from something like MailChimp – the MailChimp API is easy, send a request with your API key and whatever you are requesting happens or you get a meaningful response, I have seen many garbage responses from the SendPulse API – you cannot guarantee JSON will come back, sometimes you get HTML, sometimes you get a weird HTML 404 page with some Yahoo copyright notices all over it, it all depends on how mangled your request is – so on top of having to worry about handling identity, you need to handle all sorts of strange responses not just JSON – and therein lies the next problem – DOCUMENTATION: The API documentation is god-damn-awful, and because the API is quite complex and / or obscure in terms of how you request stuff, you often end up with garbage responses and have to trial-and-error how stuff works. SendPulse has created a bunch of libraries to make this easier, and if you want to hang your PHP application by using their library, then go ahead – but if you have some kind of background task manager you will probably have to write your own stuff, which in most cases would not be too hard, but because the documentation is sparse, I really struggled to do even the basic stuff with CURL on the command line – if I was to suggest anything, provide CURL examples like Slack does, at least that way I could reverse engineer the CURL to sort out the lack of actual documentation (again, it’s a problem because the API responds with junk HTML if you get your request wrong so you don’t know what is actually wrong and have to trial-and-error a lot). On top of all of this, if you are planning on using the SMTP send-alone API, you have a completely different authentication process – one that I still have no idea how to make work – this is what the documentation says about how to authenticate: http://i.imgur.com/sVAc3II.png (the original documentation is here, but I think you need to be logged in to view it: https://login.sendpulse.com/manual/smtp-api/) I personally have no idea how to authenticate against this SMTP API. I have not yet asked support about it because they are looking at something else for me that is more important, but I just don’t…….. what….. from the documentation (a required parameter to authenticate, IV): “iv – an initialization vector, encrypted by a public key with an OpenSSL Library usage” – what is this? Why is it never mentioned again? how do I get it? And most importantly, why on earth is it different to the (already convoluted) other OAUTH authentication on the main mail API? Anyway, to wrap this up, I picked up SendPulse because I needed both templated / campaign based email and SMTP / transactional email and I previously had MailChimp, but did not want to pay for Mandrill because my SMTP volumes were super low. SendPulse is fine, but I have wasted more time than the money I would have saved just using Mandril, however if you can get over all of this, the product is actually pretty good which is why I have not left a steamer of a review score, and as I said at the start, if you are not using the API it is great. I just hope they release a new version of the API that focuses on functionality rather than horrible REST standards (although I’m not convinced all of this is standards compliant), which I think have generally been thrown away by the new-wave tech start-ups so people can quickly deliver value.

PROS

Price Web Interface Email Builder

CONS

API Can't use Email Builder emails in the SMTP email interface

Chilem

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

A worthy EDM serive for you to try

thought some small thing I think it need to improved, this is very great platform and worthy a trial

PROS

the EDM marketing is very helpful to our trade business, it helps me to deliver my company news feed to all our customers timely and of course fully customer covered. I am sure anyone in trade marketing needs such a Sendpulse service.

CONS

I think more integations API should be developed, and give more help on this. also I think email verification number limits should be enlarged. such as My plan is for 5000 subscribers, but I can only verify 100 contact list on the standard plan, I think it would be better enlarge this number to 500, that will be more helpful

it is more easy to use.

Reasons for switching to SendPulse

Mailchimp is too strice and critical for user, not friendly enough to me

Keith

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Great email marketing and SMTP offering

Fantastic experience so far. The only product I've found that fits my needs to send API programmatically driven email campaigns. I've only had to contact support twice during deployment and both times they were extremely helpful and responsive to solve my edge case queries, and I am still on the free tier!

PROS

I was looking for a low cost provider to set up API based email campaigns at a low cost. After trialing numerous providers including more established companies, Sendpulse was the most suitable for my needs with the most features and came with the lowest cost.

CONS

Some of the API and user documentation could be improved, but I have found their customer support easily fills the gap if there is any. More examples in the documentation for common use cases like using API to send emails from contact lists would be super helpful.

Features and cost

Reasons for switching to SendPulse

API lacked the features for my intended purpose

Thanks for your review, Keith!

Replied August 2021

Kristen

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Great for businesses just starting out

I really haven't had any negative experiences with SendPulse, other than some minor complaints detailed in the "Cons" section of my review. They've been very helpful and friendly in fixing any issues I've had, and overall I've enjoyed working with this software.

PROS

I like the fact that it's inexpensive/free to use for most business owners with a small contact list. Most email marketing sites offer a pretty pitiful number of contacts/email campaigns for their free trials, and then hike the price up significantly for those who are in between just starting out and having a huge following. They don't have a lot in the way of ready-made templates, but it's easy enough to customize your own, and their interface is pretty user-friendly.

CONS

It can take a considerable amount of time between sending an email campaign, and the delivery of said email campaign. I also don't like that, after going through the proper steps to make my newsletters comply with standards, I may still be regarded as spam and not be delivered to the inbox of the person receiving the newsletter.

Reason for choosing SendPulse

While other sites had better features and template options, their overall costs were far too expensive for a business just starting to build a customer base, and their free trials were incredibly limited.

Gervais

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

The BEST newsletter service I have ever seen !!

Honestly I had explored several other email marketing tools before, and did not know Sendpulse. But WOW ! What a POWERFUL tool !!!

PROS

-The first service of this kind I see with a 24/7 customer service. Very responding, very professional -Features for automation are the BEST I have used so far -A very simle interface, easy to use -They also implement SMS marketing and web push notification, all gathered at the SAME place and INTEGRATED together

CONS

Nothing to say, seriously. The software is EXCELLENT !

Reason for choosing SendPulse

-Sendpulse offers also SMS marketing and Web push notification -Sendpulse offers 24/7 technical support, EVEN WHEN the plan is the FREE plan -Sendpulse is very affordable

Not satisfied

Leonardo

Paper & Forest Products, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Interesting features

good so far

PROS

I am interested on creating a chatbot and my necessities may grow and Sendpulse already has lots of good features.

CONS

Not used enough yet to say. My intention is to create a chatbot to automate 100% of the buying journey. For that I need to integrate whatsapp and mail, maybe some sales systems from the partners

Vijendr

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

A multi-purpose marketing tool.

This software helps in a lot in my profession. It helps me to build my customer base significantly. It also helps me to make new transactions also.

PROS

Its user interface is very refreshing which stands it out from other similar category softwares. It has all the required features for effective email marketing. This software integrates well with my CRM and the whole process is very smooth and streamline. Its Automated Email Flow makes my work super easy. I also use its mobile application when I travel and I must say it's very convenient.

CONS

For last couple of months I am facing one error while signing in into my account through its sign-in widget available on the top right of its web page. I need to fill my credentials twice because first time it asks me whether I am human or robot. Rest everything is fine for me.

Reasons for switching to SendPulse

Its user interface is very difficult to understand. I never get expected results also.

Rassem

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Thanks SendPulse for this product

Really very attractive, very quick in their responses even during COVID19.

PROS

Really, I love working with them, they know our needs as they developed them for us. Thanks once again and continue Rassem

CONS

Really nothing, I found all what I'm looking for

Reason for choosing SendPulse

I found all what I'm looking for, especially total solutions.

Reasons for switching to SendPulse

There is no complex issues at SendPulse

Thanks for your glowing review, Rassem!

Replied April 2021

Aliaksandr

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2021

Good Tool for Email marketer

It is one of my favourites Email marketing tools. With a lot of good features and great analytics tools. It will be great if SendPulse will be better in cold emailing. So, if you want to start with Email marketing, you know what service to use.

PROS

Good pricing plans, nice delivery to recipients, web-push, Viber and SMS delivery.

CONS

For me it is template builder. He is so simple for me. I mean, he looks like for beginners.

Reason for choosing SendPulse

My Email marketing tools are Mailchimp, Close.io and SendPulse. They are better for me.

Reasons for switching to SendPulse

eSputnik is not good in international Email delivery. He is good only for CIS.

Victor

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Excellent Email Marketing Tool with Great Features and Analytics

My overall experience with SendPulse has been positive, primarily due to its robust communication capabilities and impressive results. It stands as one of my favorite email marketing tools, thanks to its extensive set of features and powerful analytics tools that provide valuable insights.

PROS

I really liked the user-friendly interface of SendPulse, making it incredibly easy to use. The customer support was exceptional, providing fast and efficient assistance whenever needed. Moreover, the software's affordability was a significant advantage, making it a great choice for small businesses or startups. I also appreciate that they frequently introduce new features and support educational events, which adds value to their services.

CONS

One major drawback I experienced was the lack of a fraud protocol. I encountered an issue with a scammer using their email, and the company didn't have a clear procedure to handle such situations. Additionally, I faced problems when my email campaign had more than 10 bounced emails, as they blocked my account and refused to offer any customer service. This was quite disappointing and affected my overall experience.

Reason for choosing SendPulse

The information doesn't provide details about the specific reasons for choosing SendPulse over other alternative products.

Sushil

Photography, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Pushing thousands of emails only takes minutes with SendPulse

We have a wonderful experience with SendPulse. It easily allows us to quickly upload and manage our large pool of customer's email addresses so that we can push regular newsletters, and promotional offers, and updates. Now, we don't have to worry about sending emails to each of our customers manually, killing colossal time.

PROS

Sendpulse is quite affordable and offers a free plan that can meet the needs of most startups and small businesses. And, not to forget, they have very dedicated and responsive support representatives who are always willing to answer any of the queries made. Also, the usability is quite impressive and does not require much technical knowledge to build an email marketing template even from scratch.

CONS

The only dislike that I would like to mention about SendPulse is that it allows sending test emails only to one email after drafting any email templates. We cannot add additional email addresses to receive test emails so that our entire creative team could cross verify the draft.

Thank you for your review, Sushil. If you want to send test emails, uppi can create a separate list with your team's emails and send to this list first. It's easy to send the same campaign to a different list later.

Replied August 2021

Sunitha

Program Development, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2023

SendPulse review

PROS

I appreciated SendPulse's comprehensive marketing platform that enabled me to manage my email, SMS and web push campaigns in one place. This made it effortless to stay on top of my marketing and guarantee smooth operation. Furthermore, the platform was user-friendly and came with helpful tutorials and support. I also enjoyed the various features, such as automation, segmentation, analytics, and A/B testing, which made it simpler to optimize campaigns and tailor content for maximum impact. Lastly, the pricing plans were very economical, making it a great option for businesses of all sizes.

CONS

No, for now i dont have any problem for using sendpulse

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

they do not clearly communicate the changes, it smells like a scam

I think it can improve

PROS

It seems to me an acceptable service, not very ergonomic but acceptable

CONS

I have worked on the platform and it seems comfortable to me, but they have made last-minute changes and they have not published or notified by email, I am still waiting for answers from a person in charge

Robert

Automotive, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2018

Use it every day

The ability to send multiple personalized emails and sms message to my whole list or I can segment down to a small group. Very good value.

PROS

The best thing I like about sendpulse is ease of use. You can very easily set up a automated email flow along with sms message all in the same program. You can build custom temples emails and SMS message. You have the ability to use variables to make your campaign be more personalized. You can import emails or build them with HTML builder also. Click and drop email builders make it very simple. You also earn credits that can be used to pay for services. Customer support is fast and. Very helpful.

CONS

The big issue is speed, they do have an issue when it comes to. Page speed when saving email templets. It can be a little frustrating when you are trying to fix something small.

Abdul

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Best email services

I have been using third party email services for 10 years now for my marketing and transactional emails through eCommerce software. And SendPulse is the best that I have ever used. I tried many in the past but had to change from time to time due to delivery issues. But once I used SendPulse, I not only using it for myself for last 4 years but also have referred many people who were facing same issues like me. Email services depends upon on delivery time and exact statistics which Sendpulse fulfills without any issue ever.

PROS

Best email delivery time Always land in inbox on all providers Very detailed statistics on each delivery

CONS

I haven't found any con in it and that is why I am using it for last 4+ years.

Kevin