• Pros

• "This app is very easy to use and does exactly what we needed! "

• "Love how easy it is to use this software. It allows me to keep contacts regardless of what unit I am using."

• "The software seems easy and intuitive. It also has a nice feature to sort for clients and types of clients"

• Cons

• "My only con for them so far is their support team not being 24/7 available. We have a time zone difference so the turnaround time can be a problem. But we do not have to contact them very often."

• "The process to get started can be slightly better or shorter. Also, sometimes syncing can take a while."

• "I do not like how I can delete a contact from my phone and it still syncs with my new phone because it is still synced to Gmail. "

Browse Shared Contacts for Gmail Reviews

Tiffany M from Department of Social Services

Industry: Individual & Family Services

It helps so much when your schedule is so full and can share it all with everyone!

Pros

It is so helpful when your schedule is full to the max and you have 10 people who need to know where you are and at what time. It's so simple to invite everyone to my calendar to view my schedule instead of contacting each person individually.

Good Option

This allows me to have multiple accounts and keep lists updated for me and my team.

Pros

This solution does what it advertises, allows sharing of contact information. It works across many Gmail and Gsuite accounts.

Cons

It is a bit challenging to configure and a bit pricey. Items shared seem to keep dropping off "My Contacts" but that is sort of minor

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied December 2018

Hi, Thanks for your review! Could you please indicate what exactly was unpractical to set up? We would like to improve the service and give you a better experience. Perhaps it has been difficult to get around the new Google Contact Manager? This isn't one of our in-house made products, but we created a guide that could perhaps help you :) http://blog.gappsexperts.com/2018/09/new-google-contact-manager-101-guide.html Let us know if you have any questions!

Chris from CANDDi

Easiest way to create shared contact books

Pros

I am a huge fan of their service. It really offers the easiest way to create shared contact books that are synced for all the members in real time and is completely centralized. Simply share the contact label once and then keep on adding more contacts into it to increase the quantity and it will reflect on everyone’s devices.

Cons

The most powerful app they have is their website dashboard. I only wish the other apps are that powerful.

Melissa from Arizona Department of Housing

Worked in the Beginning, now it's a nightmare

Labels are randomly deleted from contacts so they no longer show up in groups; in one instance all A-L contacts were no longer in a particular label, but M-Z was still there. This goes on frequently and we can no longer rely on this. I update my contacts regularly, but it won't reflect in the "shared" version when others in my office try to use them, even though the change I made was MONTHS ago, and then with the random removing of labels, it's just a shot in the dark that my lists any certain day are going to be accurate. It's like it stopped working. I tried to email the company and they have not gotten back to me. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product. Google needs to fix the non-shareability of their contact product themselves since they constantly say their collaboration is what makes Google so great (so why is Contacts the only application you can't share?).

Pros

This product was easy to set up and use at first, and I had high hopes it would be the solution we needed. It worked well for a few months.

Cons

The unreliability is definitely NOT a good thing.

Reasons for Choosing Shared Contacts for Gmail

This was the only one I could find.

Bratislav from Emitto

Sharing our Google Contacts was never easier

Pros

Shared Contacts for Gmail has really made it not only possible for us to share Google Contacts, but it is extremely easy to use. I really love their Gmail app and Chrome extension as it works directly into Gmail and Google Contacts interface. Works nicely and does not require a lot of training or effort to get anybody to use it if they know about Google services.

Mukesh from University of Nevada, Reno

Online contacts

Overall, it’s a wonderful software.

Pros

When we add contacts in Google, then we can sync it with any devices including phone, tablet, and laptop.

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like about this software.

Bienvenido from In-Home Supportive Services - San Mateo County Health

Sharing contact details with synching capability made easy using Shared Contacts for Gmail

Overall, this software simplifies my online contact list. This software makes it easier for me to sort my Gmail's contact list and with this anytime I need to communicate it is easier for me to search and figure out the right person.

Pros

Sharing contacts among workers in the caregiver industry is important to easily figure out the right person to communicate with whenever help arises and one way to do this is to utilize a useful software called Shared Contacts for Gmail. This software has a synching feature that updates the contacts list as quick as the tap of your fingertip and the mouse click. This software has a GUI that can easily be used and manipulated by any type of user.

Cons

Shared Contacts for Gmail was designed perfectly for simple applications and uses and there are no features, functionalities and usefulness that I don't like about this software.

Maryna from Snovio

Efficient contact sharing app that also helps in managing our contacts in a better way.

Very good.

Pros

All the apps are very intuitive and easy to use for anyone who uses Google apps. The level of precision at the asking price is really hard to find. Exactly does what it is supposed to do i.e. sharing contacts and syncing them all. Best bang for our buck!

Cons

Shared Contacts is simple to use and serves as a solid alternative for a CRM

Sometimes you only need an easy way to share contacts but most CRMs are overhead and offer to much and not necessary functionality.

Pros

Does what it should and promises. Easy to use CRM alternative.

Cons

The UI is a partially a little confusing and - even though it is build on Material UI components - seems a little outdated.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied December 2018

Hi, Thanks for your feedback! We're always trying to improve our product and we would like to hear more of what thinks you would change to our UI. Perhaps I could send your observations to our designer :) Feel free to message us at any time!

Scott from United Printing

Industry: Printing

Contacts for Gmail

Overall my experience with shared contacts for Gmail was great.

Pros

Shared Contacts of Gmail has worked out great for sharing your contacts in Gmail. It went easy without any problems.

Cons

I don't know that there is anything I like least about this software and what it does for someone using it.

Angel from Bristol

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Easy way

I give it a 9

Pros

It’s simple to use when you are using the mobile software

Cons

Sometimes hard to find on desktop and it kinda not as simple but not to complicated also

Never Lost Your Contacts

MY experience is un-explainable because since my kid days I am still using Gmail Shared Contact features to store for all my contactability needs.I still have details which were used long long ago ,decade almost i should say. If you ever look back towards than only ,one would know how valuable it is which store precious details so easily . Moreover I would love to go out of my way to say, I love it so much that I am still using the same GMAIL account/ shared features which I created 20 Years Ago as a kid.

Pros

Gmail shared contacts is one of the easiest tool one would ever imagine that value you contacts with ease with absolute security.It never let your contactablity go away from yourself.It is so easy that if you ever used a contact details using this source to communicate with anyone than no matter what happens it will always be there however details need to be synced..I think 80% of people as a computer user is very much aware what a shared contacts gmail is .and It is exceptional because it touches millions of people around the world by giving a opportunity and value every contactability one has ever used keeping everything easy.

Cons

The lease I like about it is, the customer service response because as per my personal experience it took three long days to respond any little query over a simple glitch occured .We are in 21st century and it is not appreciable in such a fast pace world.

Alev from Self-Employed

Gmail is the best for sharing contacts as well as saving passwords or history

At first, I didn't understand why none is saved on the phone just my email. Well, what if I don't have my phone I can log into any device and bc I'm on shared emails I can have everything updated in one click and I love everything Google.

Pros

the format is very easy to learn and with just one click you will be forever in sync with all your shared devices and emails. It's set up to where what u are looking for is right at your fingertips. If you have Gmail then you have it all together synced in your email. Life is better with simple things. Google has become the number one smartest fastest most current updated maps and information that is used the most in your daily routine.

Cons

I have no complaints about Gmail but one thing Yahoo had was less security login or 2 step verification sign-ins. It's very easy to recover a yahoo forgotten account but Gmail has extra security that can be annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Shared Contacts for Gmail

Bc since gmail is google I decided to sync and combine all devices with my one gmail account and google maps will always be needed and shared for important documents

John from Anesthesia Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great for sharing contacts

Pros

Simply create a "Global Shared" group for your contact and the system automatically shares the contact with others in the organization!

Cons

Sometimes the system is a little slow with respect to seeing an updated contact for others in the organization (usually 10 minutes or less)

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hi John, We're happy to know that the app has helped you to share your contacts and that the overall experience has been good :) Regarding the synchronization time (if automatic), this one might take sometimes a while if you're sharing a big group. Remember that you can always access the app and hit on the sync button if you want for the changes to appear faster. If you have the Enterprise Plan on the other hand, you can also add our Sync Booster Chrome extension. Don't hesitate to message us if you have any questions or need assistance!

Chris from Fire Sentry Systems Inc

Perfect solution for Google apps users

Fantastic, if we ever had technical issues they were quickly resolved by the support staff.

Pros

Easily shares select contacts across Google apps accounts

Cons

There is a short sync delay, usually about 15 minutes.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hey Chris, Thanks for your feedback! We're glad that your support experience was good. Regarding the synchronization time, we understand that sometimes depending on how many contacts you share, might take a bit. But also remember that you can always access the app and hit on the sync button manually for more immediate changes. Also if you're in our enterprise plan you can use our Sync Booster Extension for even faster results! Here's a note on the extension: http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2017/12/waiting-is-out-instant-synchronization.html If you experience any other delays, feel free to message us at any time :)

Paul from Baxter Sound Pty Ltd

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

One Set Of Contacts

It has solved our problem with global contacts and overall we are happy with it, except for the little problem as described above.

Pros

We really like this as it's a seamless way to have a common database of all the business contacts across all our users, but we can also choose to have certain contact groups not shared with everyone.

Cons

When a user who's got access to add, edit or delete contacts in the shared group makes changes, the changes sometimes do not appear in the group owners contacts. We often have to go into the contacts sharing online and switch on and off sharing for it to work properly.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hey Paul, Thanks for your feedback! Sometimes changes could take some time to appear to all of your users, but you can always hit on the sync button to see changes faster. Also if you're one of our enterprise users, you could use our Chrome Extension for faster results! Here's a note about it: http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2017/12/waiting-is-out-instant-synchronization.html Don't hesitate to message us again if you need further assistance :)

Gail from Gail H Reddoch Consulting

Industry: Information Services

Contacts

This makes life simpler. Sharing cuts out a lot of copying/pasting.

Pros

It is essential to be able to have everyone's demographics in an easy to find format. I especially like the NOTES section since I frequently have more data to save than I have spaces for.

Cons

I hesitate to say this is a "con" but I don't like having to find all of the fields. I wish I could just have a list of items. and make my selection.

Silas from KreativeFaith

Industry: Graphic Design

Shared contacts for Gmail

Overall Shared contacts with Gmail have saved me from losing a lot of data. Saving customer's information is a plus.

Pros

I like when I buy a new phone and I know that I can sync my contacts to my new phone through shared contacts for Gmail.

Bethany from nurseneighborhood health

Simplifies life daily

I have realized how to put my contacts into categories to make it so much easier to share certain i formation with the target contacts needed.

Pros

This is do dimple to use. I deed helpful with organizing emails and frequently used contacts. Which on a daily us do useful and huge time saver.

Cons

I have no complaints in over two years of using this particular flatform.

Tim from Ace home services

Great product

We use this software to allow contacts to be shared across multiples devices. It’s super easy you and simply to explain

Pros

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I didn’t like about this software. It really does what you need it to and is kept up very well

Jonathan from Heartland Payment Systems

Quick access

In our company we have well over 900 individuals within the building that we may need to contact at any given time. With the ability to simply start typoing the name and having access to the complete company of people.

Pros

Able to find the right contact almost instantly even if I'm not 100% sure of their name.

Cons

No drawbacks. Provides contacts and multiple emails if needed.

Eric from Mt Mansfield Ski Club & Winter Academy

Pros

Allowed us to keep our staff up to date with email lists

Cons

It doesn't tell you when you don't have enough subscriptions, it just doesn't share the lists with the staff member.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hi Eric, Thank you so much for your review. And now that you mention it, I'm pleased to inform you that we're currently working on those notifications! You'll have them very soon and will be informed about them as well, briefly. Thanks for always letting us know how we could improve your experience. I can tell you that it has become a priority to integrate the notifications feature.

Cliff from Global Wellness

Great Tool To Share Contacts Across Your Organization

Love it! Well done team!

Pros

It's is clean simple and has not messed up my 18,000 contacts like some other tools have.

Cons

There are no cons that I have experienced so far.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hey Cliff, We're really happy to know that you like our solution :) thanks for taking the time to review us and for staying with us all this time. You rock!

Jimmy from E Dog Spa

Great G Suite Add-On

Bottom line, Shared Contacts for Google works flawless and is a great value overall.

Pros

Hands down the best way to share your gmail contacts in a g suite organization. Price is great.

Cons

I would not change a thing not being able to share contacts as an organization is crazy. ... this solves the problem.

Cristiano from Movendo srl

Very good tool

Pros

It's easy to share contacts between multiple accounts Synchronizations works very well

Cons

The user interface should be improved. At the moment it is somewhat lacking

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hi Cristiano, Thanks for your feedback! Could you tell us what exactly you think should be improved in the user interface so we can work on it and make your experience better? It is precisely feedback like yours that help us to take the solution to a higher quality every time :)

Alice from Montessori Children's School

I like gmail

My overall experience with Gmail has been positive and productive. I like the ease of using Gmail.

Pros

The ease and flexibility are what I like about this software.

Cons

It is frustrating when the software is getting sluggish, causing me to refresh my page.

James from Blue Carrot Catering

Essential addon for Gmail

We share several address books within our company and it's great knowing they are always up to date for all users

Pros

This app is very easy to use and does exactly what we needed!

Cons

Not being able to share an email group with all users at once makes sharing with more than 5 people a little time consuming. Although it is something you only need to once.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hi James, Thanks for your feedback! It makes us really happy to know that the app was able to address your needs. Regarding the possibility of sharing a group with more than 5 contacts at the same time without feeling like your time is being consumed, I'm glad to inform you that it is possible!!! Just check out this article we wrote about it and you won't have to spend so much time doing it anymore: http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2017/02/how-to-share-contact-group-with-many.html Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to let us know how it goes

Aidah from Afri-white

Gmail contacts share

Its not possible to loose contacts since they are easily shared

Pros

The ease at which you can get contacts without having to type

Cons

getting contacts that you barely want to keep

Brooke from Sturdevant-Beach & Associates

Love Gmail

as a company we can all share our contacts with each other

Pros

Apps is easy to use and I can customize it any way I want

Cons

There is not anything that I can find to not like.

Jesusa from INSIGHT Structures

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great App

This App allows us to have our contacts wherever we go and it flows through our mobile device nicely.

Pros

Cons

I prefer that is did not cost money. It should be included in the G Suite monthly subscription. Office 365 includes this feature in their service.

Kim from Nimbus Financial Pty Ltd

Fire the Techie!

Easy peasie lemon squeezy!

Pros

Who needs a techie when it is so easy. It just works and all the staff pick it up instantly.

Cons

What isn't to like. It just works with no fuss.

Phillip from Pryor Realty, INc.

Great solution for sharing controlled contact lists in gmail

We were using another product that was too glitchy. Shared Contacts has worked seamlessly and provided us with the ability to share contact groups across the team and control the quality of the lists.

Pros

Easy to set up and maintain with no bugs.

Cons

The cost. This feature should be built into gmail.

Evelyn from A Customer's Point of View, Inc.

Industry: Market Research

It does what it says it does

Great product. Does what it says it does.

Pros

You set it up once and you are good to go.

Cons

A little difficult to find the location to add users.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hey Evelyn, Thanks for taking the time to review the solution. Do you need any guidance with the app? Please don't hesitate to contact us and we'll be more than happy to help! Regarding the location to add users, feel free to message me directly. Is it because of the new Contacts Manager design? Thanks again :)

David from Company-X

Shared Contacts

Pros

We can share our contacts effortlessly across users and devices.

Cons

There was nothing that we don't like about this software. It provides the capability that G-Suite doesn't.

IFITUMI BARNABAS from University of Jos

Excellent Gmail Contact Sharing Software.

Pros

The software gives room sharing of contacts. It is easy to use. Has great functionalities. It is user friendly. The contact can be shared across device.

Cons

Gmail contact cannot be shared across other email platform.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied December 2018

Hi Samuel, Thanks for your feedback! We're glad to know that you're making a good use of our solution to share contacts in Gmail. In case you wanted to share your contacts with another email platform like Outlook, you can do it! For more information, just check this article on the topic :) http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2014/06/shared-contacts-for-gmail-now.html We're currently working so you can share your contacts with more platforms . Once again thanks for trusting us and feel free to contact out support team in case you have any question.

Dyllan from Namm California

Easy to view new Contact!

Pros

I enjoyed using this when I had to convert all my contacts to my new email. Fast and easy and very user friendly!

Cons

It could take up to about an hour depending on how many contacts you are rolling over or sending to another account.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hi Dyllan, Thanks for reviewing our product! It certainly make us very happy to know that the solution helped you to convert all of your contacts and share in an easier way. Regarding the sync time, have you tried our sync booster Chrome extension? This one is available to all the Enterprise Shared Contacts for Gmail® users and will detect any change in your shared contact groups to trigger the sync process in the Shared Contacts for Gmail® App faster! Here's an article about it: http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2017/12/waiting-is-out-instant-synchronization.html Also, remember that if you're not in the Enterprise plan, you can always hit on the sync button manually for faster results :)

Good Colleagues or Family Contact Connecting, Gmail Does it Free

I was able to share my contacts with my colleagues and family for a low price, but in the end I ended up just assigning a few assistants to my gmail contact for free.

Pros

I've had the need to share my personal contacts with both my family members and my coworkers and with Shared Contacts for Gmail, I can now do just that! I don't have to wait for my husband to get home to get an address only he knows, and my associates can reach out to my contacts without waiting for me to see their e-mail request or land on one of my frequent business trips.

Cons

You have to be sure your groups are set up correctly or you can end up sharing the wrong contacts or far too many contacts. You don't need your boss to have your Aunt Cindy's birthday, address, and favorite dessert. It's inexpensive, but gmail allows you to add an "assistant" who can manage and access your contacts for free - but they have more access to your personal account than this would provide.

Great product... heartily recommend

Pros

We needed shared contacts at the office and this product is easy to use and seamless in background operations.

Cons

The documentation could have been a little more clear at a couple of points but overall we were able to get up and running very quickly.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hi Arthur, Thanks for your review! Feel free to send your suggestions at any time, including if something isn't clear. We will always be happy to help you for any inquiry :)

Karreecha from Serve Well LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Gmail for Us

My overall experience is for storing contact information only.

Pros

It's easy to use. This app helps us combine all of our important contact information in one place. Anyone has access to it which makes it beneficial.

Cons

When we use it to store large quantities of data or contact information, it is very "TIME CONSUMING".

Megan from Wellington brewery

Sharing is caring

My overall experience has been a very positive one. This software is so easy to use you don't even realize you are using it anymore.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease and convenience of all your contacts already being synced into all the Google softwares, the ease and convenience if sharing contacts with documents, spreadsheets is perfect.

Cons

For this software I haven't really experienced any cons as it is a very effective software doing exactly what it says it will

Stephanie from MANSARTIS FINANCE

Contacts disappear

Frustrating. Nobody at the helpdesk advises us of problems.

Pros

Promise to share contacts between all company users on different devices : a centralised company address book

Cons

Regularly, contacts disappear of our lists, we don't know why. Also, it generate duplicate addresses all the time. Erratic! Impossible

Shared contacts

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use that is provided daily when I use this application

Cons

I do not have any negative comments at this time

Works in the background silently but doing its job.

With the coming overhall of Google Contact, i don't know if this Addon is still needed and to be honest i hope not.

Pros

The Addon works practically maintenance free.

Cons

It takes quite some time until all the contacts are synced.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied December 2018

Hi, Thanks for your review! Regarding the synchronization time, the automatic sync runs about 2-3 times per hour. For more immediate changes you can force the sync of a group by clicking on "Sync now" button at the top right of the app. If you are using a Chrome browser, you can install Shared Contacts for Gmail® Sync Booster Chrome extension to get instant sync (available for Eval and Enterprise versions only). The extension will detect any update you do to your Google contacts in your browser and update the changes immediately. For more information about the Chrome extension: http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2017/12/waiting-is-out-instant-synchronization.html Once installed, Sign In to the extension, and start using it ! Hope this helps :)

Emma from PAYNET ZIMBABWE

Great contract share

A few sync delays but it's a fantastic software

Pros

Great at syncing with all my shared devices and emails

Cons

No disadvantages. No complaints its works well all the time I use it

Does what it says

We are happy to be able to share contacts & groups with this app. It allows us to contact groups of people (and individuals) such as sales etc, more easily.

Pros

It shares contacts between users of GSUITE within my organisation, which has proven valuable.

Cons

Some functionalities are missing, it seems. Such as automatically sharing new contacts, or easy group management. However, it seems like this *should* actually be a core feature of Google Contacts within GSUITE itself, so I guess Google is more to blame than the developers here.

Response from Gapps Experts

Replied October 2018

Hi Pepijn, Thanks for your feedback! We're always trying to improve the app and your suggestions are always welcomed. Regarding automatic sharing, once the groups you have decided to share with other users are sent, any change will be shared automatically as well with the app's synchronization :) Don't hesitate to email us to contact@gappsexperts.com for further suggestions or inquiries.

mari from education

review for shared contacts for gmail

Pros

I like the ease of this and how seamless it is

Cons

I dont have any cons, I like this the way exactly it is

Melissa from Compass

Product Did Not Work - No Response to Refund Request

Pros

This product did not work, otherwise I would love to write about its Pros. :(

Cons

We had very high hopes for this product and spent months in preparation to roll it out just right. Unfortunately, Shared Contacts for Gmail® did not work for my team. So much so that it began DELETING the 3,471 contacts from our G Suite Google Contacts Super Admin Account (the account being shared from)... And the company did not know why. Worked with the rep and his team for several weeks (kudos to them) but ultimately we were too uneasy to continue as we cannot afford to lose that which we are trying to protect and streamline the use of - our contacts! I am posting this review due to our experience with the company after realizing the product simply wasn't working as advertised. When asked to receive a refund we were completely ignored. No e-mail stating this was not possible, nothing, no response whatsoever. Multiple e-mails have been sent and over 2.5 months have passed with only crickets in return. This is extremely disappointing and I would hope Shared Contacts for Gmail® has the professionalism and integrity to issue a refund when their product does not work. We dedicated an excessive amount of time to make things work only to have Hundreds of Dollars lost. Do not trust this company with your time, money, or contacts.

Keegan from Engineering

Industry: Industrial Automation

Extremely helpful!

I am very satisfied and glad this feature exists, makes my life that much easier!

Pros

This software is very helpful in my job as it seamlessly allows me to share important contacts with my coworkers

Cons

I have no negative comments about this software

Colin from River City Boat Sales

Industry: Maritime

Shared Contacts for Gmail.

Pros

This app has helped sync our Gmail contact groups from our River City Boat Sales group email very quickly. We can share with no limits of contact or groups.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative at this time.

Elisa from Citizens Disability

Easy to Share and Keep Track of Contacts

Pros

It's easy to use and syncs quickly -- great to have a shared database to store and share contacts. Easy to set up account as well. I haven't had to contact support, but someone I work with did and had a very easy experience.

Cons

No real cons so far - very easy to use and I love how it auto-updates for everyone after a contact is added.