What are Shared Contacts for Gmail users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Shared Contacts for Gmail software through verified user reviews

• icon"This products allows you to share contact information across different Gmail and GSuite accounts, as well as share images."
  • icon"Functionality seems intuitive and easy to set up. Dashboard is clean and easy to understand."
  • icon"Easy to use software that does something that should be table stakes for GSuite as they encourage enterprise use of their products."
  • icon"Gmail is not always user-friendly and can be confusing to navigate. For people who are not computer-savy, it may take a while to adjust to it."
  • icon"No e-mail stating this was not possible, nothing, no response whatsoever. Multiple e-mails have been sent and over 2.5 months have passed with only crickets in return."
  • icon"The UI is a partially a little confusing and - even though it is build on Material UI components - seems a little outdated."

Browse all Shared Contacts for Gmail Reviews

• Have you used Shared Contacts for Gmail and would like to share your experience with others?

Tiffany M

Industry: Individual & Family Services

It helps so much when your schedule is so full and can share it all with everyone!

Pros

It is so helpful when your schedule is full to the max and you have 10 people who need to know where you are and at what time. It's so simple to invite everyone to my calendar to view my schedule instead of contacting each person individually.

Stefanie

April 2022

Shared Contacts makes me want to share this Tool with the world!!

My overall experience with shared contacts for gmail has been honestly amazing. It has become an integral tool that we use daily to ensure efficient running of our team and A+ customer support and I intend on using it as long as I am in business

Pros

I really enjoyed the simplicity of the user interface. Very very user-friendly. The system is easy to set up and use and amazingly seamless performance with zero struggle. Plus it is straight forward, it does what it's meant to do sans complicated functions. Such an efficient tool to add to your business.

Cons

I just wasn't happy that there was a limited time frame for customer service availability. But I can overlook this problem because of how well this works for our team, I don't really see the need for contracting customer support.

Hamidah

Manage contact list easily

Pros

I really like that managing all my contact list and exporting it outside the Gmail or importing the contact list inside the Gmail is very easy to be done with this software. It let us to shares the contact list with my team easily and it is the cheapest option to do it.

Cons

There are nothing wrong with this software, except i wish it can be work offline. It will be more flexible if i can saves the contact offline. It will also be good if they can linked with other email service application, as for now i had to export it manually.

Melissa

Worked in the Beginning, now it's a nightmare

Labels are randomly deleted from contacts so they no longer show up in groups; in one instance all A-L contacts were no longer in a particular label, but M-Z was still there. This goes on frequently and we can no longer rely on this. I update my contacts regularly, but it won't reflect in the "shared" version when others in my office try to use them, even though the change I made was MONTHS ago, and then with the random removing of labels, it's just a shot in the dark that my lists any certain day are going to be accurate. It's like it stopped working. I tried to email the company and they have not gotten back to me. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product. Google needs to fix the non-shareability of their contact product themselves since they constantly say their collaboration is what makes Google so great (so why is Contacts the only application you can't share?).

Pros

This product was easy to set up and use at first, and I had high hopes it would be the solution we needed. It worked well for a few months.

Cons

The unreliability is definitely NOT a good thing.

Reasons for choosing Shared Contacts for Gmail

This was the only one I could find.

Easiest way to create shared contact books

Pros

I am a huge fan of their service. It really offers the easiest way to create shared contact books that are synced for all the members in real time and is completely centralized. Simply share the contact label once and then keep on adding more contacts into it to increase the quantity and it will reflect on everyone’s devices.

Cons

The most powerful app they have is their website dashboard. I only wish the other apps are that powerful.

Maryna

Efficient contact sharing app that also helps in managing our contacts in a better way.

Very good.

Pros

All the apps are very intuitive and easy to use for anyone who uses Google apps. The level of precision at the asking price is really hard to find. Exactly does what it is supposed to do i.e. sharing contacts and syncing them all. Best bang for our buck!

Cons

The process to get started can be slightly better or shorter. Also, sometimes syncing can take a while.

Tushar

Solid for Google Users

Pros

This software is great for teams using Google Workspace. It has literally helped us save a lot of valuable time and efforts that we used to spend of contact sharing and management.

Cons

Wish to see some more features that are in the web dashboard in mobile versions too.

IFITUMI BARNABAS

Excellent Gmail Contact Sharing Software.

Pros

The software gives room sharing of contacts. It is easy to use. Has great functionalities. It is user friendly. The contact can be shared across device.

Cons

Gmail contact cannot be shared across other email platform.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi Samuel, Thanks for your feedback! We're glad to know that you're making a good use of our solution to share contacts in Gmail. In case you wanted to share your contacts with another email platform like Outlook, you can do it! For more information, just check this article on the topic :) http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2014/06/shared-contacts-for-gmail-now.html We're currently working so you can share your contacts with more platforms . Once again thanks for trusting us and feel free to contact out support team in case you have any question.

Replied December 2018

Pamela

Industry: Cosmetics

Shared Contacts save me time

as a business owner, saves me time and money- being able to share my contacts quickly and effectively

Pros

saves me time and that is important as a business leader

Cons

nothing, love the easy way to use and quick reference to find

Usman

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

My Review

Pros

It is most beneficial for sharing the contacts with another user.

Cons

There are no cons detected in this beautiful tool.

Elliott

March 2022

Shared Contacts for Gmail

If you want to provide to the correct person some info in order to manage account for business solution this is the tool you need.

Pros

Allow you to shared no matter where you are located to your colleagues.

Cons

Right now I don't see any Cons just Pros.

Never Lost Your Contacts

MY experience is un-explainable because since my kid days I am still using Gmail Shared Contact features to store for all my contactability needs.I still have details which were used long long ago ,decade almost i should say. If you ever look back towards than only ,one would know how valuable it is which store precious details so easily . Moreover I would love to go out of my way to say, I love it so much that I am still using the same GMAIL account/ shared features which I created 20 Years Ago as a kid.

Pros

Gmail shared contacts is one of the easiest tool one would ever imagine that value you contacts with ease with absolute security.It never let your contactablity go away from yourself.It is so easy that if you ever used a contact details using this source to communicate with anyone than no matter what happens it will always be there however details need to be synced..I think 80% of people as a computer user is very much aware what a shared contacts gmail is .and It is exceptional because it touches millions of people around the world by giving a opportunity and value every contactability one has ever used keeping everything easy.

Cons

The lease I like about it is, the customer service response because as per my personal experience it took three long days to respond any little query over a simple glitch occured .We are in 21st century and it is not appreciable in such a fast pace world.

Alev

Gmail is the best for sharing contacts as well as saving passwords or history

At first, I didn't understand why none is saved on the phone just my email. Well, what if I don't have my phone I can log into any device and bc I'm on shared emails I can have everything updated in one click and I love everything Google.

Pros

the format is very easy to learn and with just one click you will be forever in sync with all your shared devices and emails. It's set up to where what u are looking for is right at your fingertips. If you have Gmail then you have it all together synced in your email. Life is better with simple things. Google has become the number one smartest fastest most current updated maps and information that is used the most in your daily routine.

Cons

I have no complaints about Gmail but one thing Yahoo had was less security login or 2 step verification sign-ins. It's very easy to recover a yahoo forgotten account but Gmail has extra security that can be annoying.

Reasons for choosing Shared Contacts for Gmail

Bc since gmail is google I decided to sync and combine all devices with my one gmail account and google maps will always be needed and shared for important documents

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great for sharing contacts

Pros

Simply create a "Global Shared" group for your contact and the system automatically shares the contact with others in the organization!

Cons

Sometimes the system is a little slow with respect to seeing an updated contact for others in the organization (usually 10 minutes or less)

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi John, We're happy to know that the app has helped you to share your contacts and that the overall experience has been good :) Regarding the synchronization time (if automatic), this one might take sometimes a while if you're sharing a big group. Remember that you can always access the app and hit on the sync button if you want for the changes to appear faster. If you have the Enterprise Plan on the other hand, you can also add our Sync Booster Chrome extension. Don't hesitate to message us if you have any questions or need assistance!

Replied October 2018

Perfect solution for Google apps users

Fantastic, if we ever had technical issues they were quickly resolved by the support staff.

Pros

Easily shares select contacts across Google apps accounts

Cons

There is a short sync delay, usually about 15 minutes.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hey Chris, Thanks for your feedback! We're glad that your support experience was good. Regarding the synchronization time, we understand that sometimes depending on how many contacts you share, might take a bit. But also remember that you can always access the app and hit on the sync button manually for more immediate changes. Also if you're in our enterprise plan you can use our Sync Booster Extension for even faster results! Here's a note on the extension: http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2017/12/waiting-is-out-instant-synchronization.html If you experience any other delays, feel free to message us at any time :)

Suryani

Making contact management easier

Pros

I used this software to help me manage and shares my contact list with my colleague for the Gmail application. We can merge our contact list on one single list, and everyone can access to the contact database from this application easily. All the device that linked to the database will automatically synchronized for the latest contact list addition.

Cons

There are time when the server is down and we can't access to the contact data for a long time. I would prefer if they has lower server downtime so user can have access to their data ready every time. Other than that problem, everything else is okay for me.

Good Option

This allows me to have multiple accounts and keep lists updated for me and my team.

Pros

This solution does what it advertises, allows sharing of contact information. It works across many Gmail and Gsuite accounts.

Cons

It is a bit challenging to configure and a bit pricey. Items shared seem to keep dropping off "My Contacts" but that is sort of minor

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi, Thanks for your review! Could you please indicate what exactly was unpractical to set up? We would like to improve the service and give you a better experience. Perhaps it has been difficult to get around the new Google Contact Manager? This isn't one of our in-house made products, but we created a guide that could perhaps help you :) http://blog.gappsexperts.com/2018/09/new-google-contact-manager-101-guide.html Let us know if you have any questions!

Replied December 2018

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

One Set Of Contacts

It has solved our problem with global contacts and overall we are happy with it, except for the little problem as described above.

Pros

We really like this as it's a seamless way to have a common database of all the business contacts across all our users, but we can also choose to have certain contact groups not shared with everyone.

Cons

When a user who's got access to add, edit or delete contacts in the shared group makes changes, the changes sometimes do not appear in the group owners contacts. We often have to go into the contacts sharing online and switch on and off sharing for it to work properly.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hey Paul, Thanks for your feedback! Sometimes changes could take some time to appear to all of your users, but you can always hit on the sync button to see changes faster. Also if you're one of our enterprise users, you could use our Chrome Extension for faster results! Here's a note about it: http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2017/12/waiting-is-out-instant-synchronization.html Don't hesitate to message us again if you need further assistance :)

Gail

Industry: Information Services

Contacts

This makes life simpler. Sharing cuts out a lot of copying/pasting.

Pros

It is essential to be able to have everyone's demographics in an easy to find format. I especially like the NOTES section since I frequently have more data to save than I have spaces for.

Cons

I hesitate to say this is a "con" but I don't like having to find all of the fields. I wish I could just have a list of items. and make my selection.

Silas

Industry: Graphic Design

Shared contacts for Gmail

Overall Shared contacts with Gmail have saved me from losing a lot of data. Saving customer's information is a plus.

Pros

I like when I buy a new phone and I know that I can sync my contacts to my new phone through shared contacts for Gmail.

Cons

I do not like how I can delete a contact from my phone and it still syncs with my new phone because it is still synced to Gmail.

Jonathan

Quick access

In our company we have well over 900 individuals within the building that we may need to contact at any given time. With the ability to simply start typoing the name and having access to the complete company of people.

Pros

Able to find the right contact almost instantly even if I'm not 100% sure of their name.

Cons

No drawbacks. Provides contacts and multiple emails if needed.

Bethany

Simplifies life daily

I have realized how to put my contacts into categories to make it so much easier to share certain i formation with the target contacts needed.

Pros

This is do dimple to use. I deed helpful with organizing emails and frequently used contacts. Which on a daily us do useful and huge time saver.

Cons

I have no complaints in over two years of using this particular flatform.

Tim

Great product

We use this software to allow contacts to be shared across multiples devices. It’s super easy you and simply to explain

Pros

Love how easy it is to use this software. It allows me to keep contacts regardless of what unit I am using.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I didn’t like about this software. It really does what you need it to and is kept up very well

Annie

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

have used it for years

Gave our team the ability to work out of one set of contacts across the whole team. Really helpful!

Pros

I liked that I could avoid an expensive CRM while having the functionality of sharing contacts across a small team.

Cons

Some issues sharing with another domain that restricted the app. Worked fine with Gmail and my domain.

Eric

Pros

Allowed us to keep our staff up to date with email lists

Cons

It doesn't tell you when you don't have enough subscriptions, it just doesn't share the lists with the staff member.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi Eric, Thank you so much for your review. And now that you mention it, I'm pleased to inform you that we're currently working on those notifications! You'll have them very soon and will be informed about them as well, briefly. Thanks for always letting us know how we could improve your experience. I can tell you that it has become a priority to integrate the notifications feature.

4.46/5 out of 83 reviews