Slack

Slack Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I like this app and was first introduced to it when I joined a technical support team. It is fast and reliable and has a nice interface which is easy to navigate."
  • icon"I liked it because it has this great feature of integration with other software like google drive."
  • icon"Love that it's user friendly and was very easy to set up. It is real easy to communicate with other team members."
  • icon"When te connection is down, the messages stay grey and after some minutes, they fail, so sometimes the internet connection come back and those failed messages are sent after the previous ones."
  • icon"The only thing that I dislike is that I can easily get distracted by the notifications."
  • icon"From keeping message history to other basic necessities, Slack charged for a lot of it. Comparing it to Discord, it cannot compete."

All Slack Reviews

1-25 of 20,206 Reviews

Justin

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

It can do everything, but sometimes you don't want it to

Charles

Fast and Efficient Team Collaboration App every Company must have

Feedback from the team is the overall experience of using it for collaboration is very smooth and good.

Pros

I like it a lot because there is practically zero learning curve. The platform is smooth and fast and the features are very intuitive. It is great for collaboration especially for remote team.

Cons

Except for some problems when uploading videos, there isn't much to complain about this app. I see some people complain that for the free plans, the storage size is too little. But entering into a paid plan isn't that costly either.

Reasons for choosing Slack

Better features and cost efficiency is the main reasons we chose Slack over the rest.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Slack is a much better app for our use case. And it is very easy for the team members to pick up and use easily without any problems.

Eli

October 2022

It's a great Communication tool and the pricing is fair!

We felt that we made the right move by switching to this pro tool. Our communications it's very effective, and there is no mistake in mixing private or personal communications. This helped our team to stay focused and always reply in business mode.

Pros

We are a marketing agency and have several types of contracts and clients who love fast communications and avoid long email threads. We cannot live without it.

Cons

We are glad that restrictions for free accounts were removed, which allow new adopters to get to know the tool better and incorporate it into their daily activities.

Reasons for choosing Slack

Because having an independent communication application with no need to have an opened browser tab was a great choice. Also, the versatility to move between workspaces is a must.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Management was becoming chaotic.

Nina

October 2022

Slack is a good software, but does not bring something extra to the table.

Overall, I'm happy with Slack. The tool does exactly what it is supposed to do and no more than that. I don't feel the urge to change, but if my colleagues feel the need to switch, then I don't mind either.

Pros

The best thing about Slack is its convenience. The tool is easily accessible from both desktop and mobile, and as a person that often works remotely, it is a plus that my chats are synced on all my devices. The tool is easy to integrate, and colleagues that are new to the software never have trouble using it

Cons

Something I personally don't like about the software is the following:In group chats, multiple topics are often discussed at the same time. When I want to reply to a specific thing my college mentions, it will be hidden under the phrase of this person, which makes it easy to overlook my response. In other communication software, show your comment along with the message you are replying to, making it easier not to overlook a message.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Not all departments were using the same communication software, therefore we switched to match the others.

August 2022

Experience after 3 years of useing Slack

Slack demonstrates a strong scientific link, particularly when used for internal company communication. Slack is also user-friendly, with an easy-to-use layout and a login interaction with LinkedIn. Furthermore, as compared to other programs, this application is quite light on computers and phones.

Pros

It is highly handy for this application to combine login with Linkin, which helps to improve connection possibilities while eliminating many redundant login processes. Also, because Slack is cross-platform (desktop, Android, and iOS), everyone in my firm can communicate with one another regardless of device. Furthermore, the possibility to connect to other storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, GitHub... Slack's free plan allows users to save up to 10,000 messages exchanged by the team, 5GB of storage, and connect up to 5 additional carrier services.

Cons

The storage of messages only takes place for a short time and it is necessary to update the paid application versions to use more features. This makes the free version quite limited and unpopular for long-term storage of information.

Reasons for choosing Slack

I went through all the possible applications to find the most user-friendly channel in my software company. Done Slack clearly shows multi-app friendliness so I chose it.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Slack presents more versatility than telegram and is easier to use.

October 2022

Slack has become the easiest way to get in touch with your teammates.

There cannot be a better way to communicate among teams than Slack. Slack has made our lifes easier since we have been working from home remotely from different parts of the globe but stay unified and connected with the help of this tool. They also have a mobile app that lets you access all your chats and files on your phone. Its a great tool for every organization.

Pros

We have been using Slack for almost a year now and all our departments love it. It is a great way to catchup internally within teams or also coordinate with cross functional teams. We use slack for daily followups and project management and task tracking. The IT department of our organization also uses Slack for bug tracking and remote work. Team communication is now just a click away and we feel connected with Slack.

Cons

Slack has no issues or bugs that we have faced so far. Works like a charm.

Reasons for choosing Slack

Slack has better features and pricing compared to other competitors

features and functionality

Mario A

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

November 2022

Para mi el mejor software de comunicación

Es muy amigable, incluso para personas que no estan acostumbrados a usar sistemas de comunicación de colaboración-

Pros

En muchas empresas en mexico el estandar es usar whatsapp para comunicarse con grupos y compañeros de trabajo, pero la información siempre se pierde entretantos mensajes, esta herramienta soluciona precisamente eso.

Cons

es muy costoso para una empresa pequeña o mediana.

Reasons for choosing Slack

Porque es mas amigable y fácil de organizar

Reasons for switching to Slack

En whatsapp siempre perdía información con tanto grupo, y es muy dificil de encontrar con el tiempo.

Aryan

Asynchronous working simplified

It has helped me streamline and automate a lot of the flows that we would generally spend hours on. Slack has improved efficiency across departments and makes sure that I never miss out on any crucial updates. not only that, it is super useful for working remotely, which is the reality of our life!

Pros

The best part of using slack is the huge user base and the peer community that has solutions for any integration or problem you might face, ready to troubleshoot it. The platform is trustworthy and has a lot of essential features that let me focus on my business first.

Cons

The video-conferencing feature isn't the best and hence I have to pivot to using external software for any call or meeting I have to arrange.

Reasons for choosing Slack

It is much more suited to business environments and their support team is much more proactive as well.

Raj

October 2022

Ideal team management and communication software

Pros

Slack allows collaboration with other team members by having different features like messaging, notifications, online meetings, etc. It allows team members to share files of different formats. The public and private channels help in coordinating with concerned members in a more efficient manner.

Cons

There is a limit to the number of messages that can be viewed in a channel. Sometimes notifications do not appear when a new message is received.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Slack is simpler to use and manage a project.

Joel

November 2022

Slack is perfect for cooperating with your team, for conversations and for creating groups

Pros

You can create groups per project or issues with all relevant people and you can share documents, images and everything really simple. There are icons and emojis which are funny and the notifications are very well integrated and help distinguish the important from the not relevant.

Cons

Video-calling and audio-calling are just not working well and slack for cell phone does not update really well and there are some conversations that you can miss.

Reasons for switching to Slack

My company just switched from Teams to Slack and honestly I can say that Slack is way better in almost all features except calls.

October 2022

Instant messaging for small/mid sized teams

Pros

- Ease of use- Fast and resources-light- Modern UI- Free integrations (e.g. Pipedrive)

Cons

- Some minor problems with notifications on mobile

Reasons for switching to Slack

Google chat was email-dependent and not realy fit for growing organisation.

Satish

November 2022

Discussing about pros and cons with features.

I am using Slack for the last 3 years in my daily life. It helps in my daily usage of communicating with my firm colleagues and work partner. It helps me in different in this period like audio calls, messaging, and sharing documents and files. The magic link feature is amazing. I think only a few apps or software have these types of features.

Pros

I feel the most marvelous features in Slack are magic links, a separate channel, real-time messages, and notifications. Real-time messages and notification help to easily communicate with co-workers. Magic link is an easy way to access your account without email and password. It is faster as well and sometimes it is not necessary to remind email passwords. A separate channel is a secure way to access or have project discussions. It is also good in security ways by it have own URL to join its particular channel to those who are authorized. Due to this slack brings people together to work as one unified team

Cons

Slack is a messaging app for businesses. One thing about being dissatisfied with slack conversations get deleted after 14 days, so if we sent something important within a channel it will erase so this feature kept me having difficulties at some sort of times.

Reasons for choosing Slack

If I have to purchase a product besides slack, I will choose Microsoft. Because of Storage space, Microsoft teams have 1 TB of space in the basic package but slack has 1 TB in Enterprise. We have to agree that Microsoft has well storage than slack. And another reason is audio sound of Microsoft in a good n comparison to slack.

Amanda

November 2022

The Best Communication Tool for Business & Also Easily Misused at an Organizational Level

Ultimately, I gave up Slack in my own organization and only use it when clients add me to their accounts. The ability to have task-related conversions in Asana is initially where I migrated my team off of Slack.

Pros

I love the immediacy of the tool. The ability to hash out a conversation entirely online, grouped by subject matter with the exact amount of people you need to be involved on a team. The price is a dream since there is full functionality with a free account as long as you don't need access to older files. When the Slack interface is set up well for an organization, it makes department-wide communication effortless.

Cons

Since each user tends to have different communication styles, organizations that don't create frameworks and guidelines around how their organization uses the tool devolve into chaos. I've had clients who have a beautifully streamlined tool that functions in a way that serves their business and other clients who have let the tool become a complete distraction to their workflows.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Email threads are cumbersome, confusing as soon as there are a few replies, and slow as molasse.

Caitlyn

Great Team Communication Software For Anyone Just Starting out

My overall experience with Slack has been alright. I loved the communication features and the fact that it was perfect for my team and I when we were just starting out. It really gave me the power to start my team even though I didn't really have the budget for a centralized communication software for my business at the time. The ability to coordinate and communicate with me team in real-time, as well as guest freelancers and others was great. It served us very well for the time that we used it. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is looking to get started using a multi-person communication software for their team. If you are looking for something that is geared more towards focusing on tasks and project management as well as communication, I would recommend looking into something different.

Pros

The great thing about Slack is, first of all, it has multiple pricing plans. Especially, the fact that its first pricing plan is completely free. So it is great for anyone who is just starting a team, whether it be for a start-up for either a non-profit or a business. You have the ability to share files, communicate in real-time, receive real-time notifications, and communicate with multiple people at once. As well as do some small project management functions.

Cons

The only shortcomings I would say Slack has, is the fact that they are obviously a software that is mainly built for the purposes of communication between people in real-time. More like a glorified messenger app. So the file sharing, collaboration, and other project management features leave somethings to be desired.

Reasons for choosing Slack

We decided to choose Slack because they had a Free option to start. So, I felt like they were the best and most accessible option for someone in position who was just starting out.

Reasons for switching to Slack

GroupMe was just a text messaging app and we needed something capable of doing more.

October 2022

Collaboration tool that has enabled unicorns across the globe

Indispensable tool that has made remote work a possibility across the globe.

Pros

I LOVE the digital workspace that Slack offers. I don't know how any company would be surviving in the pre-Slack era. Slack is extremely easy to use and has instant messaging, video calling, voice calling, screen sharing, file sharing and integration features that makes it a boss of professional digital workspaces of the remote future of work.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to not like about Slack today.

Reasons for choosing Slack

Engineering team loves Slack.

Reasons for switching to Slack

No product beats Slack in professional collaboration at scale.

Great Tool For Organizing Communications

I cannot over emphasize the need for clear and consistent communications, especially when working with a team that is frequently spread out over a region. It keeps our flow and processes moving smoothly and makes it very simple to reach out and chat with one another through out the day. I feel like Slack is a valuable addition to our company.

Pros

The ability to customize channels and lock them for management conversations versus daily chatter has been an absolute blessing. This makes it so that our team knows where to go to result on their day, drop a marketing idea, or ask a question. The 'slack bot' is especially helpful in auto timing a nudge for sales results from the team or nudging managers to drop topics for the next meeting.

Cons

Integration was simple, setting up is easy. It's as natural as texting or using messenger. The channel lay out can look a little messy, I wish we could nest it down a little. Otherwise, I have no complaints. The free plan and the paid plans are fantastic - we have used both.

Reasons for choosing Slack

Google Workspaces, Meets and Chats feel scattered. The information is laid out like a computer desktop. Sterile and not intuitive at all. Slack is set up in a format that is similar to the messaging and emailing platforms we are already used to without a bunch of extras in the way. On top of this ease of use and adaptability, it remains simple. There are no extra features getting in the way, no constant upsells. It fills the need perfectly without slowing anyone down.

Richard