(14,893)

5,134

Browse Slack Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 20419 results

Sourabh from Oracle

Slack makes business communication easy, efficient and engaging

I have enjoyed every bit of using slack, it gives me a feeling of using a robust yet state of the art communication platform. Hats off to the folks at slack, keep the good work going !!

Pros

It has carved a new segment in business communication and remote collaboration. Right now it is the gold standard as far as combining email and chat go. The User Interface is peppy and fun. The User Experience is very intuitive and efficient. We can edit messages that were sent without much noise. Love the slackbot as well it is very effective if used correctly. There are some really cool geeky features like Marvin etc which add the much needed spice to the remote work environment.

Cons

I haven't seen/used a native audio or video calling feature on slack, there are some advantages of having 3rd party video conferencing integration support but an inbuilt audio and video calling would have made this an absolute front runner in its segment. There should be a feature to notify when someone has logged in back to slack.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

I changed my workplace hence i had to switch to slack. But overall iam very happy with the experience of slack compared to its peers. Cisco Jabber is just out of date in comparison to other chat applications. Microsoft teams is too worried about not eating into Microsoft outlook's market share and shy's away from supporting a full fledged team colloboration support features.

Carmel from Images Enterprises LLC

Innovative Tool for Team Building!

Overall I really enjoy slack! I prefer the desktop version over the web version. The desktop version allows quicker access! Also the direct message feature is important feature in slack that I use. Often at times sensitive message have to be share with an individual rather than the group. Also the emoji's are plentiful selection! I love the mass variety and options available!

Pros

The greatest thing I like about slack is the ability to create different channels to assist on different topics , groups, and teams within the organization! I also like the accessibility features! You can access Slack from virtually any device! I travel a lot and this feature is extremely important!

Cons

The software features can take some time to get use to if you have no computer experience. For me my biggest challenge was learning on how to use the alerts and notification features within the program. But in fairness I was able to grasp everything within a few days. So not that long at all.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

I loved the features that slack offers compared to the limitations of the Whatsapp. Also I like the application in Slack that are more innovative!

Matthew from EnergyLink

Industry: Environmental Services

Slack is great for all business types

I love using Slack. It just makes working remotely so much easier because your coworkers are just a quick message away on your phone or computer. You can also organize things very easily by creating "channels" for certain topics, which makes it so you know immediately the context of what people are asking of you when you get messages. It's a fantastic tool for small, medium, and large businesses.

Pros

The features I like the most about Slack are their API integrations and app marketplace (which makes it easy to connect the software you currently use to perform automations) and how it streamlines team communication by making it so easy to message your colleagues.

Cons

There's not a lot to dislike about Slack, but the one thing I would say is that I wish Slack would let you assign tasks to colleagues and send automated reminders. I think this could be done by using one of their integrations, but I'd prefer for this feature to be built in.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack was chosen over LeanKit because it had a much nicer user interface and clearly had more integrations.

Jon from Beck Business Solutions LLC

Slack is essentially advanced texting for business users

I started using Slack because my client required it. I find that it cuts down on my email dependence but I'm often frustrated when attempting to compose a message without standard elements such as tables, inline images, etcetrera.

Pros

I like the ability to stay in touch with our users via whatever device I'm currently using. For example, I can respond from my home computer, tablet, work computer or via my phone. I especially like the ability to be notified of a new message via my phone where I can read the message on the phone but can step over to my laptop to reply. I also appreciate the ability to add an email thread to a Slack Channel by simply adding a slack email address (each channel has a unique email address) to the CC field when I reply.

Cons

The biggest con for me is the extremely limited amount of formatting available to Slack messages. I can make a font bold and add links to files/images but I really miss the rich text features many similar apps provide. It's also frustrating to need to keep typing adding the user name(s) when I'm responding to a message. I'm assuming that this is by design but it would really be nice to be able to "Reply All" to a conversation thread. The desktop Slack application (running on Windows 10 Pro) has a "clunky" feel to it. It's written with a framework that allows the Slack developers to write HTML and JavaScript code that is essentially compiled into a Windows application and it definitely shows. Something as simple as selecting text is counter-intuitive (until you realize that it's essentially a web page mascaraing as a Windows application.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

My client required us to use Slack.

Alexandros from The inventors, Next Generation Kids

A great collaboration and communication platform for teams - even young aged ones

Coaching a team of 10-15 children from 12 to 15 can be quite challenging. However, we have been able to incorporate Slack in our day to day work. All of our communication is in Slack, independent of Facebook etc and the children had no problem with it. Great features, easy creation of subgroups and sharing. Overall great software and I probably one of the only options offering these kind of feature for free and so well integrated.

Pros

I love the easy creation of team channels for different topic, and the message threads. I honestly find it very difficult to use a platform without this feature any more. Not needing to spam the whole team with a smaller conversation is great, especially for younger teams. Also third party integrations is a feature I use all the time, mostly Google drive and simple poll for now.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications on my phone don't work very well and i occasionally have some complaints from third party apps (which has little to do with Slack though), like not being able to edit polls from simple poll etc.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Well, hangouts is kind of a mess, hard to use and minimal features. I would generally advise against it.

David from Samaritan Ministries International

The best remote collaboration tool I have EVER used!

Slack is the easiest collaboration tool I've ever used. I am currently acting as Scrum Master for four agile teams, and it's easy to keep in touch with all of them and coordinate standups. File sharing is extremely easy

Pros

Slack is a user-friendly, robust collaboration tool that allows for quick setup and access to channels both public and private. Asynchronous communication is a cinch and the Mentions and Reactions feature allows for easy access to what recent messages you have received.

Cons

Due to Slacks' third party app space, there are some features that might seem to be missing at first but need to be found as a third party feature. This involves an admin or an owner having to approve the app being installed. This can sometimes be a bit of a headache on the admin end, as it requires going to obscure parts of the app to approve. It could be an easier experience.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Teams lacked a lot of the features Slack has, such as custom reactions, quick calls and file uploading. We decided to stick with Slack as it offered what a more agile-friendly experience.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Yammer was too slow and "social media" like for us. We wanted a faster, easier tool for us to quickly communicate with one another.

Angelo from Aura Systems

Best App for Software Development Teams

Slack is great, is the best app in its cathegory integrating with 3rd party apps.

Pros

What I like the most is the architecture of information in the app, the ability to create different channels per project or purpose enable users to work in an organized way. Also de User Interface and usability of the app is amazing.

Cons

What I like least is the pricing, you need to pay US$7 per user to enable collaboration of full team. Some users just answer messages on Slack, others use all the features.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack has the most integrations available for facilitating daily work. For example, we use a bot for having automated Scrum Dailys through slack.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

I needed integration between gihub, project management tools and chat.

Brent W from Wagento Creative LLC

The communication tool you can't do without

Slack has improved our communication workflow with our team and improved the way we interact with clients. It allows for multiple language to be spoken by using some translation tools, thus including more staff and especially non-english speaking staff.

Pros

Slack is a great collaborative software that helps users to collaborate across cities, countries, and timezones. It is a crucial part of our project workflow and helps to let developers, project managers, and clients speak to each other in a collaborative enviroment. It has numerous integrations that allow for third-party apps to interact, create, and receive messages and alerts. These integrations allow us to have one place in which all communications can flow and makes it easier for a worldwide team to be up on the latest updates and critical alerts that may happen.

Cons

The slack tool can be a little battery intensive, especially as you add more slack channels. It also gets quite expensive as you add additional paid members to the group. If you are not aware of all your paid members, or you add guests as paid it can get very expensive quickly. Because this is a discussion, it is also possible that critical conversations can get lost in the stream of texts coming through.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

The number of integrations, ease of use, system platforms available. (i.e. Linux, Mac etc)

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Skype was not meeting our collaboration needs and did not work well on the mac

Todor from CloudSigma AG

Better than the others

It works. It helps better with notification and content management. It is wonderful that you can work on your own add-on and make integrations for alerts from production systems, other companies, enormous archive even with the free version.

Pros

We are easily reachable. Slack works everywhere and usually doesn't miss a second to notify. Easy contact management, continuous collaboration with other companies, integration with Google applications and even Zabbix.

Cons

The Windows and Debian clients can certainly improve on sync. Sometimes Slack freaks out in the following manner: I start the PC and at some point later, I decide to open Slack. Opening starts, the window of it appears blank, then hides itself in the taskbar and 5 minutes after that reappears on a random place in the monitors (I have 3) and overall starts in a questionable fashion. Sometimes it can't keep up with my keyboard and mixes letters with one another.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

It didn't achieve our standards on collaboration and sometimes configuration of chat rooms was just too much of a burden.

Luke from Graphic Alliance

I sometimes wonder how collaboration worked before Slack

I find it hard to remember life before Slack. We all worked in a single open plan office but, like most offices, still communicated predominantly from our desks. Our go to IM tool was Skype and it was an easy way for conversations to get siloed. Slack brought those conversations out into the open, made them discoverable and brought in automations to make them richer. If you're debating whether to use Skype or Slack there really is no contest. I'd also suggest it outperforms Teams and other competing collaboration and instant messaging tools for it's deep integrations.

Pros

Real-time instant messaging, file sharing and integrations with key apps that automate important proceses mean a high percentage of tasks can be managed all in one place.

Cons

Threads are often difficult to keep track of. Slack has done its best to elevate Threads but I still find myself missing things when people don't @ mention me.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Better integrations, better interface, more automations, better suited to a creative/tech environment

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Skype made conversations difficult to discover and groups were transient forcing you to recreate those groups over and over again. It also had no integrations and automations of value to us.

Pallav from Wipro Ltd

New digital workspace

Overall it's a great product that increases productivity . It will slowly replace mails and internal communication mediums inside a large organization.

Pros

The move towards a digital ecosystem has led to rising of collaboration tools . Software teams now work in a highly modular environment that needs an integration platform for communication. Slack is moving away from the mail which has a lag in response and is not real-time. This is unacceptable in the current business enviorment .

Cons

It still lacks in terms of utility-like Microsoft teams which have a much more integrated outlook.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Better User experience and the learning curve are not steep.

Never going back

Fantastic

Pros

I honestly have no idea how remote companies were productive and connected in any sense before Slack.

Cons

Only minor improvements needed in certain areas. They’ll likely be addressed in coming years.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack’s UX/UI is so much better. G-Suite and Zoom support were also important factors.

Chavez from Version 75 Inc.

General Ideas for Improvements

It is one of the best apps for collaboration despite those cons I mentioned above.

Pros

I like that it's always working for me and my team and is a convenient app for collaboration.

Cons

Does not support multiline code snippets: ` x =1 y=2 ` I have to be redirected to the browser to manage my apps. I wish it can be done right from the desktop app. I wish video conferencing can stop lagging so much when my network traffic is at a peak with other developers working. I wish it can at least warn me.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT] found out that our business partner company was using slack so to cause less friction we made the switch.

Anas from Freelancer

slack is the minimal software to manage your work with ton of freedom

regadless of the the fast switch i did from hangout and zoom to slack, i found it very easy to manipulating files and work conversations in the same software, and to me that a bit tiring to switch from one to another, slack could not be for everyone even though it was the best choice for me, give it a try before you judge

Pros

saving and sharing files have never been easy to do, and no limit to what can you share with minimal interface it is very easy to use, the control is effortless and time saving messaging is now quick and more clearer than before with instant reaction collaboration is much more fun and tourble-free to handle with slack

Cons

the video call set up need more strengthening for more use the tech support need to be wider due to the global os of slack i like the price for the pro plan, but it could be a little bit matching to freelancers

Reasons for Switching to Slack

mainly for time management and minimal use of it

Mateusz from SGH Warsaw School of Economics

Sufficient communication software

Slack was my first communication software on which I worked in my first company. I was impressed by the slack possibilities he had. Thanks to an exemplary configuration, he informed you about many important company events and events on the servers.

Pros

Thanks to the good slack configuration, I was always informed about important project events. I was also quickly informed about the errors that occurred on the servers. And I reacted quickly to fix them. One of the better solutions was editing messages, which saved time when I typed something wrong.

Cons

At that time, I did not see any major disadvantages. One clear downside is the pro version's price and how it's charged. The standard version provides enough functions to build efficient communication with the team. The price for the pro versions is too high.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

I used Google meet mainly for projects that I had at university. When I started using Slack at work, I immediately recommended it to my colleagues at the university. Until the end of the university, we mainly used this software.

Magic tool for remote work communication

Love it-Hope to use slack regardless of where I end up throughout everyday life. May even use it for individual utilize and can undoubtedly make bunch visits with companions,

Pros

Slack makes informing proficient and puts together messages into various channels. It is extremely helpful to private message just as make gatherings. Moreover, records are saved and filed for simple access. I likewise enjoyed the usability and capacity to work together with anybody in your association. My most loved uses out of the product 1.) Unlimited number of channels-Public/Private 2.) Ability to make shapes that get distributed to explicit channels 3.) Love utilizing the/remind piece so I can get pings about undertakings requiring finish or a straightforward subsequent update 4.) You can have some good times and tweak. For instance: We have a 'Jokes' channel that the leeway bot will make you wisecracks on the off chance that you ask 'bot make me a father quip'- It's astounding

Cons

Difficult to think of any as a client yet heres a shot: 1.) The limitless assortment of channels makes the high opportunities to get steady pings in case somebody @'s you in a channel. 2.) You get dependent and wind up using your organization correspondence application 'Slack' off hours and simply signing on as though it were a web-based media page. I disdained the failure to make a public gathering "private" after it's creation. Would incidentally slack and my. messages would just come through on my telephone and not work area

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack is really a brand and have some valuable feature for remote work.

Ryleigh from Team SI

Much better than Hipchat

Overall, Slack is my favorite communication tool I've used. My company used Hipchat prior to Slack and we all rejoiced when the switch was made. It's more intuitive and much more customizable.

Pros

I like how I can set my own color themes and pick my notification sound. I have access to all the Apple emojis as well as Slack's fun emojis to set a status. The developers in my company have created new emojis as well and those are fun to use. Slack is the easiest way – and I have several tools at my disposal for this including Google Meet, Zoom and Uberconference/Dialpad – to do an audio call, video call or screen share with one other person. I prefer to use Google Meet for meetings with several people, but my go-to is slack for a call with just one other person. The pencil tool to highlight something is so handy when someone is sharing their screen with me. When on a call, the little phone emoji appears next to my name so others know that I'm on a call and can't respond right away. I like being able to respond to a message in a thread too. My company has a channel for everyone in the company and the notification can get out of hand if lots of people are responding back and forth. But threads simplify that and make it so I can respond to a message in a thread versus the entire company seeing it. They can see the thread if they click on it, but it requires an extra step. I also love the shortcuts for sharing gifs from giphy, setting reminders and others. Oh, and setting notification preferences is amazing. I have my Slack set to only receive notifications during certain hours during the day so I'm not getting them all through the night and before the next workday starts.

Cons

I don't like that I can't create a Slack channel on my own. My company has it set up that only the admins can create new public and/or private channels. I can create a group to direct message with, but that's it. If I want a channel created, I have to go to the admin. I think this is more of a gripe for my company making that rule and not a Slack thing, though. I also wish I could blur my background or set a fun background like you can in Google Meet and Zoom.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

My company chose to switch to Slack from Hipchat. I think they said Slack is more expensive, but it has better tools to use as a company chat platform. It was a switch that the entire company welcomed.

Kavya from Vanderbilt University

Industry: Research

Slack is one of those products that has no direct competitor because they're so good

I've used Slack in multiple arenas--as an employee of a young startup, a researcher at a large academic institution, and as a member of student clubs/organizations. In each of these environments, Slack was a terrific way to collaborate with my team. We considered Microsoft Teams and other similar environments, but Slack was always the clear choice.

Pros

The things I love about slack: single sign-on for multiple workspaces, the 'magic link' to sign in with your email, the custom animated emojis (this seems silly but it's become a hallmark of one of my slack workspaces and my team enjoys them!), the ease of creating a new workspace and adding channels/teams, and the way we can quickly share files. I don't use many of the integrations in Slack but from what I've seen in workspaces that aren't managed by me, they work seamlessly and effectively.

Cons

I mentioned this elsewhere as well, but there are some issues with real-time synchronization; if I get an alert on my computer and open it, there is still a popup number on all my other devices that remains until I physically open slack on each device. This isn't a huge issue but it is very irritating when you constantly have a notification on the app.

Best Team Communication Tool on the Market

Fantastic, smooth and enjoyable - Slack is a powerful team communication tool with integrations to expand its reach and gather all of your notifications in one place!

Pros

Easy to use direct message, comment threading and channel topic separation - the ultimate communication tool that will help your organisation scale online at speed. It's fun to use, full of GIF and Emoji related acknowledgement styles - bringing communication into the 21st century.

Cons

It can take a while to learn how to automate your functions, short cuts and features (reminders etc) - this could be sped up with better training and a clearer user experience.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack has the best of all worlds.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

We wanted a better way of mentioning, discussing and segmenting our workload into specific conversations or topics.

Kaushik from IBM

Review of Slack

Slack is the fitting programming for little, medium, or enormous organizations, this product is equipped for adjusting to any workspace and permits all areas to keep up with wide correspondence that assists them with having a superior sharing of data and information vital. Its talk channels are truly steady, it has an ideal interface that is extremely simple to utilize and very agreeable. The visit channels are exceptionally finished, permitting you to move a wide range of records and offer any picture with the individuals from the talk channels. It doesn't make any difference in case Slack is in the venture area, or in the Sales area, it will likewise get noteworthy outcomes execution, arranging, and work correspondence.

Pros

The fundamental component that I love about Slack is the part beneath the principle board, where I can get to uninitiated messages, explicit strings of discussions and furthermore gives me admittance to every one of the notices that have been during my vacation . Moreover, I additionally have a perception of the messages saved in this segment, so I have everything in one spot, everything exceptionally coordinated.

Cons

Slack's inquiry framework is one of the provisions that doesn't work effectively. This inquiry framework has a long defer when I embed a word in the pursuit, it consumes a large chunk of the day to play out the hunt, what's more, it doesn't show every one of the consequences of the looked through word, it just shows the most extraordinary and latest outcomes.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

We required a tool that permitted us to impart among people, groups and various pieces of the associations (Product, Support, and so on). By utilizing Slack, we can without much of a stretch offer data, make channels to share information and afterward coordinate numerous different devices that we routinely use.

Meghan from Tribeca NW Real Living

Great for teams at the workplace

I have had many benefits using slack. For example, increased communication between team members and they are more willing to communicate using this tool. It is very interactive and can be fun in a way for our team as it is a very easy tool to use.

Pros

I have used this software since I was in college. It was used for group projects and to communicate with our fellow colleagues. Slack makes it so easy to instantly send files and documents without the hassle of going back and forth with uploading them to emails and hoping they deliver. Slack is great in my current workplace as we have many real estate agents who need to share information. This allows us to avoid massive group texts and have everyone in one place. It makes our work much easier and more organized. I especially like how we can break off into smaller conversations if it only requires certain people. Amazing tool.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of many things I don’t like. One suggestion I think that would make this software better is being able to see what time someone sees a message and who those people are who have read the messages. Cause that way I know who has seen it and who hasn’t. This can allow us to communicate better by knowing who is informed and who isn’t yet.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

We chose slack instead because most of the team was already familiar with slack and how it works.

Slack is complex, but the best option currently available

Overall I Slack is a good tool, but it can be so much better by making it more simple/friendly to use and by improving the tagging mechanism there.

Pros

I like the fact that it is an internal team communication tool where all discussions are labeled under one "channel".

Cons

The tagging/and notifications. We miss a lot of sent messages there for some reason and I blame the tagging/notification algorithm of the software.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

We've been recommended to use Slack by many of our friends and eventually decided to stick to their recommendation.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Because we were looking for a more productive tool than emails.

Yann from 360 Entrepreneur

Industry: Online Media

THE digital tool for team communication

Pros

I think that, these days, Slack is among the most popular picks for teams that would like to work remotely, for instance. So, through Slack, teams get a sort of a centralized digital hub where they can gather and exchange value and info. I'm a fan of the ability, that nowadays, Slack gives to its users, of being able to host call straight from Slack. No worries about third-party platforms working with Slack, you can use the platform's own technology to communicate with the members of your team, video calls included. Plus, the smartphone app enables you to work, access your Slack channels and interact with people from anywhere. And lastly, I'm a big fan of the Apps integrations that can be used with Slack. Would you like for your Slack channel to do something you can't do right now? There's probably a Slack app for that. Are you looking for a better way to use Slack in combination with a project management tool you use? It's doable, and so is providing customer support by connecting your customer service tool to Slack.

Cons

I'm probably not the first to say this but, when it comes to Slack notifications, there must be a better way to control them. Think about having a very engaged Slack space with several channels... and each channel received and keeps receiving a notification after the other. It can be disruptive and distracting, and I think it's something that Slack should address and change as soon as they can so that users don't get "bombarded" by a ton of notifications.

Eric R. from NEON ID

Slack is the solution for internal communication and collaboration

Slack helps our team stay coordinated, interact in a timely manner, and track information in channels that provide context.

Pros

Slack's ease of use and understanding it paramount. While I find Teams to be over-extending itself into the Office world, Slack is just about making sure you can keep communication clear, timely and open. The ability to shift between private DMs, open channels, and private channels nicely delineates the way you can manage communication across a team. We use Slack for all internal communication, relegating email to external comms, which works really well.

Cons

The channels can overwhelm casual users at times. While the system tries to clean things up with suggestions, I think Slack should do more intentional hiding of under-used channels to keep it clean.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Teams is too Microsofty, which is not a company we like much. Hipchat was too weak and got shut down eventually. Slack is the real deal - a key part of high-energy and performance work cultures. I cannot imagine startups running without it.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack is smarter and has all of these amazing plugins.

Travis from Griswold & Griswold

Mostly perfect

Slack has been fantastic for keeping our remote workforce connected, fostering a sense of community within our organization, and freeing up our inbox for more important items. There have been a few quirks over the years, but the UI changes have been mostly positive. It seems like the platform is constantly improving with features that are actually useful instead of features for the sake of adding new features.

Pros

Slack Connect is great for facilitating efficient communication with partner businesses, vendors, and clients. Slack was already a vital part of our business and the ability to connect with other organizations on Slack cuts down on email significantly.

Cons

My only complaint with Slack at the moment is that Slack Connect conversations are placed at the top of the conversation list, even above starred conversations. Internal communication is more important to me and not having an option to place conversations with outside organizations below the ones I've determined are most important is an annoyance.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

We made the switch from chatting through Hangouts to Slack because our office went from being all in the same building to scattered across the country. We needed a more robust platform to maintain the level of communication required to have a functioning business.

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

A great free product with a high cost of entry

Slack is a great free platform for team collaboration and communication, that really helps simplify our communication process. While it has some issues, overall the free tier offers a great option for any team looking to improve their communications.

Pros

Slack creates a simple & powerful interface for inter-team communication, allowing for simplified communications that move beyond emails & facebook messages by creating a secure platform for teams. Slacks best features are perhaps the ability to setup channels (which allows for very focussed spaces dealing with a particular topic), and the ability to reply to individual messages in a thread. Channels help keep my teams focussed and on topic, while also providing a space for random chatter (in our "Random" channel), while threads help keep channels from turning into a brutally long, confusing message thread. That paired with the ability to "react" to messages with emoji's, share individual messages with a specific individual, create private or public channels, and send group messages to team members, this platform helps create a simple space for teams to collaborate and communicate in a way that feels more natural than text threads, facebook messages, or emails.

Cons

Slack is a great platform, but can be a bit confusing to administrate on the back-end, or confusing to new users. Setting people up for success on Slack can take a bit of time; as there is a learning curve for tech illiterate people. Perhaps the most difficult issue with Slack however is in managing team members who do not check Slack frequently. Simple notifications (via email, text etc) for @channel, @everyone or @specific_user would be beneficial, as it would help eliminate some of these issues. Supposedly, Slack offers email notifications, however in all my testing I've never been able to get it to work properly, and it is something that team members need to setup on their own - it is not something that can be set across the workspace & then opted out of by team members.

Simple and easy to use with intuitive designs

I'm very happy with my overall experience with Slack and it has all the features you wish you had in communication software. After we started using Slack, the number of emails exchanged had decreased because we can always refer back to the old message within slack by using search. It has a customizable notification setting so that you can pay most attention to what's most important to you, which is a great feature when you have dozens of channels that you belong to.

Pros

It is very intuitively designed and you can start using this software from day one without much of a learning curve. You don't have to be a tech person to get it started. I like the feature like being able to send codes/commands in a differentiated text (framed with red color etc) and directing message in a large chat group by using "@", or copy and pasting older message, etc.. those are all very practical features that I use often. I also like the mobile app version which allows me to be connected even when I'm away from my computer. I also like the reminder feature which I set up for recurring meetings or just as my personal reminder.

Cons

It seems like they do have a service interruption a couple of times a year. When the entire company is relying on slack for internal communication, the service outage stops our operation (although we use google chat for a backup during those outages). Also, image loading via mobile app seems to take quite a long time even with a stable network.

Shane from Jellyfish

Slack Recomendation

- Slack has definitely improved my productivity and made communication much more effective. This applies to the whole organization at scale to. - Since we migrated to Slack as an organization, majority if not all the user's in our company have adapted well to Slack. Overall it is a success as Slack is a really powerful communication & collaboration software package. - It provides functionality and can replace email, text & instant messaging. It syncs all data on it's web, desktop & mobile apps. This allows for communication/collaboration on the go - literally anywhere - anytime!

Pros

- Allows superb enterprise-level communication. - Integrates with other software seamlessly and allows productivity to be maximized. - Allows simple tasks/interactions to be automated - which ultimately saves time per user & organization. - Great user interface on desktop, web & mobile app. - Lots of functionality available - in terms of user groups/channels.

Cons

- Initially, it takes some time to get used to fully. Although eventually its worth getting used to! - It doesn't work perfectly on slow wi-fi but that's understandable and area dependant. - Doesn't show user/contact last seen as it time specific. - If you have alot of groups/channels you can possibly miss priority messages if your settings are not adjusted to bring messages to the top. Although this can be customised to your liking and only is a problem initially.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

- Slack has proved to add value to organization's especially fast paced tech companies. It offers functionality that can cover almost every use case in terms of communication & collaboration. It has also improved over time and innovation is always something that is being implemented.

Dulce from R&R Law Group

Best app for messaging!

Slack is very fun to use and easy to get used to. I think every company should use it. It’s also very private so only people within the company have access to message you. External users cannot find you or message you. Great software overall!

Pros

This app is very easy to get used to and it’s very customizable. You can choose a color theme or create your own and manage which channels you want muted or you got want to receive notifications. I also love that they have an mobile app, a desktop app or you can use the web browser to login. It’s a great way to communicate with colleagues 1:1 or by group chats (channels). You can also generate polls or gifs in the chat bar, respond to messages in a thread to not overflow the chat with responses and react to messages with emojis. I love it. I’ve used it for years!

Cons

Every so often the software does have issues. It’s happened maybe once or twice a year where it crashes for a couple of hours and messages cannot be sent. I think it has to do with the server or something but it usually resolves pretty quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Jabber was reliable but very outdated. Felt like I was stuck in the 90’s chatting on AOL or messenger. It doesn’t have half the functionality that Slack has.

Tom from Hyperkin, Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

Best Task Management

Overall I am content with Slack. Comparing to the previous ones we have tried using, Slack definitely kept all of us on the same page when it comes to the progress of a project. There's no confusion or misunderstanding. Slack makes everything transparent for me and my team. Before we use Basecamp, Asana, just to name a few. After years of trials and error, Slack works the best for me and my organization.

Pros

Personally for myself, as a manager who is too busy to follow-up and check on my staff's progress. Slack has been very helpful in allowing my staff to update the board without me having to reach out. I just log on daily to see the progress of my team on an easy to view dashboard.

Cons

Sorting & Filtering old projects - Perhaps maybe achieve old projects I no longer need to view. It can be quite a clutter to see a project that was discuss 2 years ago. Its not a big deal since the project are able to have old ones at the bottom.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

So far, Slack has eliminate the issue with users not knowing there's an update. The slack app helps alot when users get notification via the app on their phone. Responses are done immediately without having to worry we would miss a delayed question.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Some function was too complicated for some staff to use. We had staff not replying to others due to some technical issue where they didn't see the notification of the update. And this delayed responses that needed a reply.

Selcuk from Sycamore Informatics

Mostly reponses what a company needs but some improvement need in product

Overall it is fine. I enjoy the product. I would be happier with the features I mentioned above.

Pros

Useful, have a lot of features, making video calls, file sharing, adding bots etc. Product supported in variety of platforms, which is nice! Macos, Windows, Linux, IOS, Android, and Web.

Cons

First of all, the product uses a lot of computer resources, which makes computer really slow. Especially having GIF emoji's in chat, even if the product in the background, uses a lot of CPU resource. Second problem is about the video chatting. I started my job with an old Macbook, which is fine for most of the time. However, if I would want to make a video call/meeting with someone over slack, it is almost impossible to interact with my computer. I do remember myself asking the person that I'm talking, lets switch to Google Meet and continue from there, since I can't show what I need to show on my screen. Third one also related to video chatting, drawing to someone else's screen is really good feature, I like it, but if the person you are drawing in their screen Zoomed in their Slack Messages, lines are not properly drawen in their screen. Slack dev team should calibrate that. About getting calls, it rings all devices that you have logged in at the same time, which is annoying. there should be a feature, "Last/Mainly used device should ring first, if there is no answer, other devices can ring after 10 seconds or something." Because sometimes I even answer my call from my computer, but my personal computer still ringing, and the person who is calling me, also annoyed by that loud ring tone coming from my other computer.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

The perfect Team Collaboration Tool

I really like Slack, and it saved me a lot of money and time because I have an online business and now I really don't need to have a real-life office to run my business and stay organized with the team I just use Slack with other tools Slack support and that's it, It's perfect for everyone especially small businesses like mine. I use Slack daily and I will keep using it because I think it's the best tool for me and for my team and I really don't need to use another one because I can do everything I want with Slack and I know the team behind it is trying to do their best to improve it and add more useful and powerful features to help us stay organized.

Pros

It's a very cheap and easy to use tool with a friendly user interface and I can change it to a dark theme which I like a lot. I like the chat option because I can send and receive real-time messages and chat with my team directly and the Slack messaging app is very powerful and amazing. I also like the emojis and gifs in the chat because it brings a lot of fun to the workspace. I feel very safe using Slack because they have a strong security system and I don't need to worry about the safety of my files when I share them. It helped me to save a lot of time and to stay organized and have all my projects in just one place and I really don't need to use other tools to do this. I really don't need to train my VA's to use Slack because some of them used it before and some they find it very easy to use and they get used to it in just a few days. I improved my productivity and now I don't need to waste any time because Slack helped me and the Team to developed focused channels and to focus on what's important for the company and for the business in general. I love the integration option Slack has because I can use it with multi-useful tools now for example Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Zoom, Trello...etc. Their support is amazing and they have a lot of videos and tutorials about these tools and I learned a lot from them.

Cons

They can improve the mobile app and add more cool features in the future. They can Improve the search feature because sometimes It's really hard to find something especially if the workspace is big and there are many channels. They can add a video chat feature to this tool because a lot of companies now are using the video option in other tools for better communication.

Karen from Spider Wall Systems, Inc.

Great team tool

Easier communication, daily reports are put on Slack for all jobs. Using Slack has meant administrative folks having access to files more quickly and field personnel having to make fewer trips to the office with paper forms.

Pros

Slack enables our team to submit reports quickly and easily. They can also take pictures of potential issues at jobsites and send those to individuals or to a group with ease. Slack Bot can help with reminders, tasks and scheduling and is a great resource. Part of our setup process for any new project is to set up a slack channel for the project and assign users to that channel. It is a great messaging software that can be used for so much more. It is so much better than sending a group text and causing everyone's phone to blow up. Highly recommend Slack.

Cons

I have never seen a way to search within channels for an item I may be trying to find. Having a way to search would help. I have a pretty good memory for a time frame of when something occurred so as it is now, I look for something by when I think it was put in Slack.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack was actually being used by our IT company. They came to the office to do some work for us and made notes about what they had done in a channel they created for our company. In this way all of the techs were able to keep with what had been done by the last tech and also to keep up with any ongoing issues we might be having. I quickly saw the value in how it could be used for our business and downloaded the app.

Matt from Logan City School District

Great communication tool

We have loved it. It has become the primary (almost exclusive) means of intra-department communication for our IT team.

Pros

I love pretty much everything about Slack. I love the ability to easily create new private and public channels; the ability to create conversation threads; the ability to pin comments; the huge selection of app integrations; the customizable Slackbot responses (we have had a lot of fun with this one); dark mode; the ability to quickly and easily share files with other members of the Slack workspace; the awesome Slack call feature; the ability to quickly access multiple Slack workspaces by adding them to the left sidebar; the native rich-text editor for enriching comments (including the code block option, which has been hugely useful for us); and the ease of management. We have found Slack to be a tremendously useful communication and collaboration tool for our organization.

Cons

I don't have a lot of complaints about Slack. One small annoyance is the truncated "Direct messages" list on the left side. This list displays team members to whom you have recently sent a direct message. However, it would be more useful if it was just a scrolling list of ALL team members (alphabetized), maybe even with a quick search box at the top, so you could quickly send a direct message to anyone on the team, and not just those with whom you have had a recent direct message conversation. That's really it in terms of cons. It is a great tool that has become indispensable for us.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

It just seemed to be a much more robust solution, with a vast set of features that we love, such as the ability to tie into other applications we use. Also, the interface is much more intuitive, and communication feels more efficient.

Hamid from The Linus Group, Inc.

Industry: Market Research

Slack is the answer to Email's poor usability

In one word, Slack is excellent. It makes work fun, lively, dynamic, transparent and much more real-time. Even though our team is fully remote, we can feel connected because of the communications and collaborations tools that Slack provides.

Pros

Our team adopted Slack in preparation of becoming a fully virtual, distributed company, and also as an alternative to email, which creates blind spots of knowledge within the organization. Our work has been completely transformed by adopting Slack! First, we had 100% adoption of the platform as our primary internal communications medium. Second, the transparency of information and project cycles have allowed us to be far more efficient and effective for our clients (response times, clarity of recommendations, deliverables), and finally, it has eliminated about 50% - 75% of our daily emails. A massive win!

Cons

While Slack has several tools for tagging information and prioritizing information, it provides limited tools for prioritization. While it's primarily a communications/collaborations platform and not a project management tool, adding ability to better prioritize certain tasks would help make this tool even more effective for a professional services company.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Ease and adoption. People started using Slack naturally, even during a trial period.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Workamajig is too rigid and too outdated, and not nearly as nimble.

Marie from Mechanix Wear LLC

Slack keeps us together

Over the past 2 years of using Slack I have come to really like it. I like that it is customizable. I can choose to only alert me during my chosen work hours and I can extend or shorten those times as needed. I can express who I am and let my coworkers know a little about me (or not) by having a picture for my profile.

Pros

Working from home can make training a new employee difficult, but with Slack we have been able to be successful. Slack provides us the ability to share screens and use the the draw feature to point out important items. We are also able to get the team all on the same call for collaboration and even to socialize. Slack lessens the feeling of isolation from everyone having to be in a different location instead of all being in the office together.

Cons

The only feature that I would like changed is that when looking at an attachment and I choose to enlarge it, I have to maximize Slack's window in order to see it full size. I would like the attachment to enlarge outside of Slack's window size.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack has additional features needed for collaboration outside of the office setting.

George from Blaz Inc

Slack is not Slacking for your Business

We believe Slack deserves a 9/10. There is more interaction on this platform than any other platform I am apart of! Wish they had fixed the group call features better! Maybe an investment in cloud?

Pros

Slack gives users and business the ability to communicate on a platform that doesn't feel to formal like Microsoft teams and it great for the Gen Z/ Mellinial generation of workers. This is importanat because I believe flow of work is also correlated to work habbits. The user experience is flawless for chat and it also create the ability to easily make channels with persmissions like flipping light switch.

Cons

I think one of the cringiest problems with slack is the inability of having a lightweight screenshare and the ability to not have dropped calls. There are many scenarios where we had clients or even our own team meetings struggling to have everyone on the call in sync. It has been a pain so we ended up using Zoom for group calls. We wish Slack didn't have this problem in the first place.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Costs! Too expensive and no need to have Office 365 for every member of the organization.

John from Renu Energy Solutions

There's Everything Else, Then There's SLACK

We were having to find a way of maintaining connectivity as the company went into a fully remote work environment. Prior to COVID 19 we were heavily dependent on in person communication to get tasks completed and communication organized. Post COVID we've actually increase our productivity in task completion and maintained or increased out teams communication and morale through the features of Slack. Without it out company would certainly have had a bigger negative impact from COVID, now we're not just surviving, we're thriving!

Pros

Mobile and desktop notifications, specific channels to tailor communication based on the audience, having a log history to lock back on, easily sharing files, integrations that make workflows easy, increasing productivity and connectivity with remote teams, creating a culture that cares

Cons

Nothing overly stands out as something that isn't to like. There's so many customizations and personalized controls that give the users the level of interaction that they want and need. Slack continues to set the bar.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack was out of the box the easier adoption.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Better integrations, easier access to contacts and more personalized controls per user.

Jamie from Base2 Solutions, a Belcan Company

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great for DevOps Teams, Project Teams, and School Users

I have used Slack as both a student and worker. As a student, Slack was incredibly important for our classes to stay on top of assignments, changes, team work, and basic communication. The university's email server constantly had issues. Slacks mobile app, local device app, and availability via web made schoolwork and school projects so easy to stay on top of. As a systems administrator, Slack's ease of use and functionality have proven invaluable. We utilize Slack for project management, systems reporting via API calls, scheduled messages, communication with our consultants on client sites that are within a secure VPN, as well as employee engagement. While we used Slack as an employee engagement tool prior to the 2020 plague, it has become even more valuable with it's trivia, polls, and the number of channels we have created to help with the strain of not seeing another human being for months at a time in some cases. For instance, we use channels for word games, posting pics of pets, posting pics of office setups, etc. It has proven a life saver. The only gripe I have about slack is the Security offerings being tide to pay structures. We used Google Suite and chose Slack based on their ability to use GoogleSSO. However, we were recently acquired and had to discontinue our use of Slack, which meant no more Google SSO. Our bill would have doubled in order to configure SSO or SAML Authentication. Unfortunately, due to this, we will be losing Slack next year.

Pros

-Ability to integrate chatbots with API calls for reporting -Ability to collaborate with team members -Ability to use from beginner level and on -Ability to review old messages from departed users -Great for students to collaborate and learn with -Customer Service

Cons

-SSO is only offered at lower paying tiers and it has to be with Google -SAML Auth/SSO using other vendors is only available with higher paying tiers

Finn from Banking

Easy software for managing various team related activities, free version comes with limited feature

Very easy to use app and quite a life saver when it comes to various team internal activities. However, the features included in the free version are quite limited and the price for the full version can easily be considered too much especially for startups, smaller companies or very big teams. All in all, I believe that Slack is a good and really useful app but it´s value, what you get for the money you spend could still be improved.

Pros

Possibility to have 1:1 discussions with colleagues. Valuable when dealing with a task together. Group Collaboration - The capability to bring an undertaking together and share with a team. Gathering Chat - The ability to have one zone/space where the group teams up, shares thoughts, and cooperates to convey issues. Bot Integration - The ability to incorporate different apparatuses and bots that can make the day simpler. Capacity to integrate web conferencing devices such as Zoom, Webex, Teams etc. Able to make plans for the day, track time, and so on Oversee a Team - Great approach to deal with a group that is working distantly in remotely geographic areas. I am especially fond of how easy and respectful the communication with other team members is. Practically all different Saas suppliers are integrated which permits the user to do practically all activities inside the Slack. The Advanced Search History is another extraordinary component for group correspondence Channels are keeping correspondence simpler inside the team or with non-team members.

Cons

Some of the time the ´´Search in History´´ function does not work as it is supposed to. However, this is the case with most visiting instruments that occasionally you have to look up one small step at a time to discover the set of experiences you are searching for. Video and voice meeting actually need to improve. anticipating utilizing Slack just as opposed to having different programming introduced The by far greatest limitation of the app is that the free version has a constraint of messages that can be saved, which incorporates the documents that are sent. Slack's paid arrangement is extravagant for new companies and organizations having low income/large groups.

Frankline from Equity Bank Kenya

PERFECT BRIDGE BETWEEN AGENCY AND WORKERS

Slack qualifies to be the best collaboration tool of our generation with users navigating the app with quite a lot of ease. The experience at large is very positive and with such competitive prices, indeed there lies infinite potential with slack. It offers several intergrations iclusive of outlook and zoom among other essential plugins.

Pros

As a messenger app, the basic functions enabling communications are on a perfect edge with a simple, precise interface very easy to navigate. The search option comes in as a plus as you are able to trace your target messaage on a long thread with simple typing of words on the search bar. With slack, we are able to share files with quite a lot of ease and now with the IRC style, we can separate the conversation threads in the presence of multiple members in a team to set up off-topic discussions.

Cons

When sharing your screen with another team or individual, you have to go back to the initial chat to send a message, I would prefer this being done from the same UI of the screen-share. Also the limitation to the number of users attending a video conference does not confer with large organisations such as ours.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Inavailability of notification alerts for meetings made it unreliable.

Matthew from Galactic liquidators llc

Staying on the same page is important

Slack really helps my employees stay on the same page but only if they use it. Sometimes I need to remind them to use it. It definitely helps keep people informed of current events at the company.

Pros

What I like most is that slack is incredibly customizable. If you can think of a thing that needs to be done in the workplace slack has an implementation of it. Keeps everyone on the same page

Cons

Notifications can get out of control without setting up when you want to be notified. If you sign up for the free plan it doesn't save your conversations for more than a few months so you'll need to send any critical important data through email.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

We just the free version. Price reasons are why we chose slack. Although, we are considering getting the paid plan now.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Mainly because it forces people to look at situations and helps hold them accountable.

Muhammad Daud from Continuum Economics

Slack - The collaborative tool to manage and share

Slack has overall allowed us to work effectively with the team and organize the projects/documentation properly with different channels. The search feature is great for the team to review any former staff messages in various channels

Pros

We use Slack on daily basis to speak to the team, share files, manage channels with automation, using built-in apps, and much more as per demand.

Cons

Slack takes more memory (RAM usage) due to which when multitasking, the application is quite heavy and slow to use.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

For the Dev and IT Team, we recommend using Slack in our organization due to the applications, features, and coding purposes. For the Normal team, we took Microsoft Teams product.

Limited Features

Nelson Kipchirchir from ICT Authority Kenya

The best collaborative app.

As a business, we benefit most from Slack in terms of unified communication. Slack brings all the teams in the organizations together by collating the various channels they use and more so their conversations are stored very well in a database which later on they can be searched and used or viewed any time.

Pros

What I personally like most about slack is its ability to be easily integrated with other already existing external services. The app is so powerful with built-in external and external sharing options which give it the ability to share files with anyone. The application also has a read state synchronization between a phone and a PC, in that when you check a message on your PC the phone also automatically checks the message as read. I also I like that fact that they have Slack mobile apps for both Android and iOS, The ability to share documents in all formats is also a plus

Cons

It is very hard to change invites only channel to public and also it takes a lot of time when it comes to channel clean up since one needs to access the archives in web interfaces to delete the messages which sometimes takes ages especially in channels with so many messages.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Teamviewer was not reliable when it comes in merging different channels to one as compared to slack

Adam from GoDaddy

Makes it easier to work with other people & teams

I spend most of my day in and out of Slack and it helps to keep things moving quickly. No need for long winded and formal emails or bulky ticketing systems with Slack around.

Pros

I like how easy Slack is to use. It’s as simple as you would expect an instant messenger app to be, but it has so many more features than that are just as easy to use! I can start a zoom call with a simple command, I get a message to remind me I have a meeting about to start and I can keep up to date with things happening across the company at a glance without having to trawl through email threads constantly.

Cons

I haven’t come across something I particularly like the least about the software as of yet. One thing I have tried to do but been unable is to quote a particular part of somebody’s message. Sometimes it’s useful to refer back to something myself or someone else in a conversation said, but the only option I know of is the forward/share message function. It would be good to have a simple ‘quote’ feature which allowed you to quote all of or a section of the message. But this isn’t a fault, only a potential improvement on an already great product.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

I believe we switched from Slack to Teams due to the cost savings but switched back to Slack due to the necessity of its features. I guess that proves it’s worth the money!

Rashmi from gemalto inc

Slack Experience

My overall experience with Slack is great. Except when I have to record meetings/demos, I like to use Slack. And for pure messaging, it works great as it also allows me to send files and also edit/delete past messages. Not all messengers provide these capabilities, so overall I love Slack

Pros

I use Slack all day to communicate with my team. It has most of the usual features that other professional messengers have. But one thing that I like the most is its ability to let me edit/delete the text even after I have sent it. In other messengers that I have used, once I have sent a message, there is no going back. So, if I typed something wrong by mistake, I cannot edit/delete it. The only thing I can do is to write a new message and explain the mistakes in the previous message. This can be OK sometimes, but in a lot of scenarios, it just add to a lot of confusion for the recipient and it can turn out out be a pain. I do not want to waste time explaining the messages that I accidentally typed wrong. I would just want to be able to edit the message, correct it and make it really simple for the recipient as well as for myself. After using this amazing feature, I hate to go back to other messengers that do not yet provide this capability.

Cons

Few other messengers provide very good recording capabilities, example record the meeting/call/demos. when it comes to this feature, I have to switch to another messenger. Also, @here usually sends alert to everyone subscribed to that channel. But when the conversation is in a thread, @here does not work. Probably a bug?

Christopher from Atlantic Images Ltd

Why We Use Slack For Our Start-Up

Slack has been a great addition to our daily work ethic. Being able to use it on a mobile device as well as desktop is key and it has become an integral part of splitting up our tasks. I really couldn't recommend it more.

Pros

The overall ease of this software is superb. Every one of our team members found it easy to use immediately.

Cons

The one thing that bugs me is the return button. If you are writing a message then if I want to use a new line by pressing return Slack actually sends the message. So I then have to go in and edit my message. Return in Slack is another key. You would think would be easy to remember but then every other product has the return key used as a new line so I'm always having to edit my messages of they are spaced out.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack offers a free version so that was great at the beginning. Once we started to use it it really was the software we were looking for to chat about specific projects. We work all over the world and in different time zones so this was the best fit for our start-up company.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Asana just didn't have an easy user experience compared to Slack. We wanted to chat more about our creative projects and Slack filled that area better than Asana.

Daniel from Vendcore

Slack -- Great for Startup companies or enterprises

Collaboration problems solved. Excellent plugins, and even writing your own (for example have a Git commit hook setup, that shows any commit, and also, any deploys to staging and production, so the entire team can see what is happening.

Pros

Very easy to share files, and have separate conversation threads (IRC style), with multiple members of your team. You can create channels to and invite members to, to discuss a particular topic -- such names of different projects, or groups within the company. Really allows you to organize your thoughts and help manage your teams projects and tasks, as far as communication.

Cons

While it offers great collaboration tools, the actual project and task management is kind of lacking. Even though we use Trello and Jira (and you can have Trello and Jira plugins for Slack, but they don't really integrate into the UI), I wind up assigning and following up on tasks from within Slack. For example, i will message a developer and ask them to fix a list of bugs, or post 5 or 6 detail fixes/feature requests, after reviewing a new branch on staging. The problem is that you then send subsequent messages on that channel, and the tasks get buried. Then you have to scroll up, and find the task, if you want to review. There is no way for the developer to mark the task as done, or for me to easily see if they did it. Sometimes, I will have to scroll back into conversation thread for weeks, to find the 5 or 6 requests I made to the dev, and then re-ask the dev if he completed them. Now, this may be a nit unfair, since Slack is not a project management tool, however, it lends itself VERY EASILY to being one, since it natural to assign tasks within Slack. The slack team could very easily build tasks as a native feature in Slack, and make collaborating on tasks and PM much easier, as it's too time consuming to hop into Jira each time a bug is found -- I simply don't have time.

Best-of-Breed Messenger Platform

Been using Slack and admin in Slack since 2015. It's gotten a lot better and they definitely list to customers and what we want to see.

Pros

-UI is very easy to use for anyone to jump right in -Easy to navigate and admin -THE platform companies use to chat. Far better than GChat, Teams -Customizable to user -TONS of integrations -Shared channels with our clients or companies we are clients of. Easy to manage and end when contracts end.

Cons

-Pricing. Definitely need the "Plus" license for HITRUST compliance and it's 2x more than a standard license. Paying twice as much just to have a feature we haven't used in over a year did not make the Finance team happy. Also need Plus to use onboard/offboard functionality in Bettercloud automations. -Recent outages. Since march 2020 we've experienced issues almost every month even though Slack's status website only reported 3. I would get spammed with emails or Google Chat(our backup if Slack goes down) messages asking me what to do. I can't do anything, they went down. -Private channels are invisible even to admins- even as the admin I can't see private channels which have been a problem when trying to create a channel but getting an error that channel already exists. -When inviting users, add them to a user group that automatically that would add them to all channels they need like Eng, CS, Sales each get their 5-10 channels automatically.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

FAR more powerful with integrated apps like GSuite, Atlassian, and other platforms.

Sanskriti from F1soft International Pvt. Ltd

Implementing Slack at work was an absolute decision

We implement slack for inter-office communications. Slack made the communication possible and managing workflows was a lot easier. We often use slack for real-time messaging not, particularly for archives. Overall, slack has enhanced our business productivity, collaboration between project teams, and managed to provide streamlined communication.

Pros

Slack was easy to use and implement at work. The web version of slack works completely fine. The slack interface is streamlined and ideal for business communication. We are able to replace emails at work and use communication on slack, which is quick and easy for project teams. The most significant thing I loved about Slack is, it can be integrated with other productivity, communication, and collaboration tools to make the work more streamlined and can be an optimum choice for automation and scripting.

Cons

The only downside to this application is its pricing. The standard plans lack most of the important features, so we thought of upgrading to Plus. Since the price is based on per person per month, we found the pricing for Plus too high. So, we had expected if the price could be pay-per-module, but that can’t be helped either.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack is easy to use and implement at work. Well, it has ability to integrate with lots of apps, and outruns all other alternative applications in performance.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Salesforce has lot of complexities at work and all we need is an easy and efficient tool to beat the performance. And we found Slack worthy of it.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 20,419 reviews