What are SmartOffice users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SmartOffice software through verified user reviews

• icon"I liked that I could use my CRM any where and not worry about back-ups, theft, fire...etc. That exist with a desktop format."
  • icon"Information is easy to input for client contacts."
  • icon"The ease of use, and the integration with other software. Also with the world of compliance we live in, the notes capacity is outstanding."
  • icon"They don't, they understand the software, that's it. The conversion process is outsourced to India so there is lag time as well as problem with understanding my comments."
  • icon"Hate to say it...but sometimes too many features and/or options, is not a good thing."
  • icon"Sometimes it is down without warning , other than normal maintenance. Aside from that, I can't think of anything bad to say about it."

Browse all SmartOffice Reviews

• Have you used SmartOffice and would like to share your experience with others?

robert

March 2022

smartoffice

Used this since 1989/90, and always found it to be extremely helpful. during the last BD change smartoffice was a life saver, and still is to this day, as other clients continue to stagger in to move their accounts back to use.

Pros

the ease of use, and the integration with other software. also with the world of compliance we live in, the notes capacity is outstanding

Cons

needs more on tracking todo lists, and also a more open architecture, so we can modify our platform

Reasons for choosing SmartOffice

first one presented to me, early in my career, and the only one that showed real interest in me at the time. today we manage $375mm and over 500 households

PETER

I have been using this for longer than 10 years and it's a great tool that will make you look smart.

I am able to access my practice's data from anywhere and give answers to my clients instantly. It makes me look smart and organized and my clients appreciate the quick response, which by the way they want and expect.

Pros

Easy access to my practice's data anywhere, anytime; helps me deliver great service to my existing clients ; helps me meet more of my clients' needs; expand client base by converting new prospects to clients.

Cons

Sometimes it is down without warning , other than normal maintenance. Aside from that, I can't think of anything bad to say about it. It makes your life easier and it's worth the cost for sure!

Allyson

SmartOffice Review

Pros

Collects a lot of client data and information

Cons

Not the most user friendly to navigate between different screens

SmartOffice

I like it. But I have looked for other alternative products from time to time because I don’t like the way it handles workflow. For example I have looked at Pipedrive and Trello.

Pros

It integrates with Microsoft but sometimes the scheduling feature changes times for my meetings. I like the ability to capture my client information.

Cons

Functionality is dependent on back office set up. We have two agencies that use it but input data differently.

Scot

Industry: Investment Management

Relatively Easy to Use

I can't imagine doing my job without a CRM like SmartOffice. All of the info I need is there.

Pros

I like that the interface is customizable. I can decide what client data I want to see when I'm viewing them.

Cons

For all of its features, it's not the most intuitive and user friendly. It could really use some internal guides, or a learning mode

Patrick

Smartoffice

The product was useful to me at that time. My practice needed greater capabilities with configuration, integration, and an intuitive platform to save time. There was no great learning curve for this product, which i appreciated.

Pros

I was using the desktop version for years as it was the product of choice with my firm. I then switched to the cloud based version that does not exist today as it transformed into a full cloud based format. I liked that I could use my CRM any where and not worry about back-ups, theft, fire...etc., that exist with a desktop format. Quick learning curve.

Cons

At the time, over five years ago, Smartoffice cloud based version was limited in its ability to be configured. I felt it was behind the curve with its peers.

Jolie

SmartOffice

Pros

The product is very user friendly & adaptable to your own business process.

Reasons for choosing SmartOffice

SmartOffice can literally do anything you want it to do & report. It is that versatile.

Brandon

Not user friendly

Pros

Can't really think of one that other CRMs don't do also.

Cons

The software is not user friendly at all. There is a steep learning curve even for individuals that are tech savvy.

Response from Ebix

Hi Brandon, Thanks for sharing your opinion of SmartOffice. We provide onboarding assistance for all users on our retail servers. We offer free "Getting Started" and "Beyond the Basics" classes. We also offer customized training. Additionally, free tech support is available for all subscribers. Lastly, the entire manual is available online with step by step instructions and references to pertinent videos on the topic. The bottom line is that our team is always willing and eager to provide product support to all users.

Replied September 2021

Lisa

Can't get list of top 10 clients, Difficult to use, Conversion Nightmare!

Frustrating experience. I am looking for another CRM.

Pros

Has a lot of fields and has customization. The people who work there are very nice & helpful. It has a lot of fields particularly under the insurance side.

Cons

Wish we could view the top 500 or even top 10 clients! The system can't combine Fixed annuity values with brokerage or held away account values. The system categorizes Trusts under the Business category. Wish the customer service people would understand the financial industry. They don't, they understand the software, that's it. The conversion process is outsourced to India so there is lag time as well as problem with understanding my comments. Also, every week I bring up the same problem and they say, "oh, we will look into that and get back to you next week" The next week comes, and they act like I never brought the problem to their attention and they say the same thing. It's like a recording! My patience is wearing thin. The data from our old system placed annuity Values into the Premium fields, the occupation was switched from husband to wife and visa versa. Policies were attached to the wrong person within a family.

Reasons for switching to SmartOffice

(CAMS) is sun downing & it was getting glitchy with windows 10

A CRM

This could be the CRM for you if you can't afford Salesforce.

Pros

Well SmartOffice has leads, reports, a calendar, email syncing, and client/account profiles like other CRM systems but in my opinion they are the least intuitive. Hard to navigate/learn if user is not familiar with it already.

Cons

All right as a system to store/access/manage client customer data but could be improved by implementing an "easy" mode

Seth

Good CRM works well.

Pros

Very easy to use, tracks my files and client information well. Very happy with the price and customer service.

Cons

Would be nice if there was a little better integration for life insurance case management and tracking.

Tara

Smartoffice

Pros

Input of data is easy adding notes is great

Cons

running reports or lists not as easy as it should be

There's better out there

Not very good,. Sure others had better but after ,2 years we are giving up and going to redtail

Pros

When I was trying to use this my company was bought out and the system we had replaced with this we at first were excited but after using it for almost 2 years we are excited to switch to something anything else. It was very outdated for us. We will be upgrading to redtail

Cons

This application was outdated, slow and just not user friendly. I needed more than this can handle and after 2 years I finally give up

December 2021

Outdated Tech

Poor experience. Much better products out there.

Pros

Basic CRM for case notes and follow up reminders.

Cons

Reminders are often duplicated. Customer service is terrible. Interface is very outdated. I’m moving my practice to Red Tail, and even getting a copy of my file has been a nightmare.

Brian

March 2016

SmartOffice good CRM

Pros

Ease in operating. Information is easy to input for client contacts.

Cons

Takes time to enter information, seems like more clicks that necessary sometimes.

3.63/5 out of 15 reviews