All Sprout Social Reviews

Ashley

1 employee

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2023

Quality software but overpriced for the everyday social media curator

Tara

Defense & Space, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Dashboard Metrics and Report Generation Make My Job Easy

I really like the customer service experience I've had here. I'm very new to YouTube from a marketing standpoint, and Sprout gave me a lot of resources to learn.

PROS

I work in marketing and report to professionals who don't have as much marketing expertise as me. Having a dashboard view of the social media statistics really helps me explain and analyze the significance of changes.

CONS

The software itself is tough to navigate. Things change around a lot, and that makes it difficult if you present metrics on screen share.

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

It is the easiest option for me to generate reports.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Dashboard metrics, budget of company was significant enough to use it.

Dieudonné

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Fantastic Social Media Management Tool - Sprout Social

Overall, I have had a very positive experience with Sprout Social. It is a great tool for managing social media accounts, and I have found it to be very helpful in helping me grow my presence online. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the reporting features are top-notch. Highly recommend!

PROS

I have been using Sprout Social to manage my social media presence for quite some time now and I can honestly say that it has been an absolute pleasure. The dashboard is extremely user-friendly and intuitive, and the features are laid out in a very logical way. It's easy to manage multiple accounts and the reporting features are great. Highly recommend!

CONS

One of the main issues I have with Sprout Social is that it can be quite expensive compared to other social media management tools. There are also some features that I feel are lacking, and it would be nice if there were more options for customizing reports and other views.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Sprout Social offers an array of features that make it stand out from its alternatives. The reporting features are very advanced and customizable, making it easy to track the success of campaigns. It also integrates with a wide variety of other platforms, allowing for seamless management of multiple accounts. Highly recommend!

Niki

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Good, but needs improvement.

I appreciate the quick response to problems I have. Also your blog is top notch.

PROS

In concept, I really enjoy the publishing feature that assigns certain posts on certain days and hours. However, there are a LOT of tiny things that can be fixed which reduces the overall value of this feature. The "ideal times to post" is a great feature but I've noticed that some "high peak" times do not garner the results I expected.

CONS

The LinkedIn post feature is pretty limited. I CONSTANTLY get error messages that the app cannot tag names. Also, I cannot tag individual people within the app (OnLinkedin), so I have to "assign post" in order for the final post to have the names I want tagged, OR edit the post after it's published. Huge no-no. Again, this defeats the purpose of the app, as it's more hands-on than I want it to be. The same with Instagram. I haaate that I have to assign a post if it's multiple images. The reason I wanted this app was to be as hands-off as possible. I understand that it may be a Facebook/Instagram issue, but it's just annoying. Also, the emoji list has yet to be updated, even after various suggestions to update. I end up having to use my "emoji keyboard" to insert the missing emoji's in your app, which defeats the purpose of a social media app.

Virginia

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

Sprout gives us a competitive edge.

Currently, our marketing department is utilizing the Sprout platform for real-time scheduling, planning, and analysis of our social media presence. Sprout has provided my team with advanced insights into brand conversations across multiple digital spaces.

PROS

I am thrilled with the significant impact that Sprout's collection of analytic tools has had on our social media operations. In particular, having access to key social media engagement metrics has eliminated the guesswork from our social media strategy by simplifying the measurement of the most critical metrics, providing complete oversight of every social media profile linked to our account, and facilitating quick comparisons between our social media performance and that of our top competitors using historical data filtering.

CONS

Occasionally, I have faced minor challenges when attempting to tag company names and locate users directly from the Sprout interface. This bug has been observed solely while engaging with the LinkedIn social space through Sprout.

Reviewed May 2021

Good tool, but need to keep an eye on it

Overall, Sprout Social is a great tool, but it shouldn't be used in a way that ignores your physical social media pages. It is important to continue to monitor those pages, check how posts pull through as the end product, etc.

PROS

The best part of Sprout Social is the ability to preview your social media posts. These previews allow you to see if a photo will crop properly or if it will crop in a weird way, and they allow you to adjust text so it best fits the page. It is also great that you can schedule posts to multiple sites, plan ahead, and easily duplicate posts.

CONS

While the post previews are a great tool, sometimes they are deceptive, especially with Twitter. Most of my posts to twitter end up looking different in the final post, as preview photos are not always pulled through. Additionally, if you make adjustments to the photo or crop in Sprout Social, it is important to double check that they actually apply on the back end.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

The ability to use multiple social media accounts for a similar cost was one reason for the switch. We also made the switch based on an institution-wide recommendation.

Dan

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Simple Social Media Scheduling Tool

Good.

PROS

Sprout Social is an easy-to-use product that allows the Beginner Social Media Manager/Coordinator the ability to save time and be efficient. It has a basic reporting cluster and overall, it's a good tool.

CONS

There was no drap-and-drop ability. This may seem petty but when you're scheduling 60-90 pieces of content per month, having to manually open each desired post to edit the date and/or time so that the posting doesn't clash with another post is quite cumbersome. Furthermore, when you have all of these posts on different days and at different times, it's hard to go into a day and recall which date had which post on which social platform at which time. Seeing all of this in a calendar view and literally moving the desired post and everything that corresponds with it, to another date is soooo easy and pleasant to the mind. The lack of a social queue was a major deciding factor as well.

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

This platform was selected by the previous person in my position and was the platform we used as I arrived.

Stacey Van

Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Amazing Experience with Sprout Social

Overall, I'm very pleased with Sprout Social and would highly recommend it. It's been great for organizing all of my social media accounts in one place and has saved me a lot of time and energy.

PROS

Sprout Social is a great platform for managing and boosting social media presence. It has a simple and intuitive interface, great customer support and a wide range of analytics and reporting tools. The scheduling feature is especially helpful to stay on top of content and keep my social accounts active.

CONS

The cost of the paid plans can be a bit high, especially for small businesses. Also, I find that some of the more advanced features can be a bit confusing to use.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Sprout Social has many features that its competitors don't, such as built-in team collaboration tools, detailed analytics, and automated reports. It also has a great customer support team that is always available to help if any issues arise.

Ellie

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Good product, expensive for businesses with multiple social channels

PROS

Easy to schedule posts, cool upgrades for tracking & analytics. User experience is great

CONS

No snapchat or Tiktok integration. Also, its really expensive if you have multiple social channels. Reasonable price for 10 channels but since each FB, insta, twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest etc counts as 1 channel, 10 goes fast. Also, Insta & FB are owned by same company and you can push your insta post to FB automatically so why do each count as a channel against your 10? We have 3 brands so that means I would have to pay for 18 channels (6 for each) with insta, twitter, FB, GMB, LinkedIn, Pinterest, that pricing gets crazy.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Ease of use. User experience is complicated and not ideal

Wiseman Kajidori

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Sprout Social the best, affordable, high quality, all round Social media management tool.

PROS

Spout Social reduced the time that we needed to spend on Social media, by consolidating and automating our posting.

CONS

We are waiting for Sprout Social to fully integrate with Google my Business.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Sprout is easy to use and it consolidates all our important platforms in one place.

Chetan

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed July 2021

Amazing Social Media Management Tool I have ever used!

It was a wonderful experience with the Sprout Social. We have made many automation campaigns which helped our consumers a lot with no manpower needed.

PROS

Sprout Social is the best tool for the social media management, and analytics as comparison to others.

CONS

It's the complete tool we have ever used. We liked the software a lot. It the best with quick analytics, and automations.

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

We have selected Sprout Social as comparison to others because we have have a great experience from it customer service, and we lot the functions and the deliverability.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

It's the best tool we have ever used as comparison to others.

Nathaly

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Super Charge your Social Media

Definitely enjoyed the user friendliness of the platform and their support was also really great. I enjoyed the smart inboxes, competitors social analysis and scheduler. I would say the platform is easy to get into straight away and is easy to build a fell formed strategy from. Not much else too it. If it wasn't for the cost, I would have definitely gone with this platform and I'm still a little sad that I was not able to use the software just because of price. Definitely a Happy, Easy and Joyful experience.

PROS

Firstly. Sprout is extremely user friendly and simple to use. I honestly really enjoyed that all comments and direct messages from any platform are collected in an inbox for me to respond to as soon as possible and never miss a comment. This was very important to me and something that I could not find on other platforms. I also enjoy the Scheduler, which is important to be but similar to any other scheduler. The competitors analysis of their social media was very enlightening and brought a whole new spin to the game which I also really appreciated! The software has your typical reporting and listening tools, which is also essential. I would say that sprout is very on point when it comes to doing a cohesive social media strategy. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants One place to take care of all things social media related.

CONS

You can not control any Ad accounts from sprout, but you can engage with boosted posts and ad's once they are live. Hence, sprout will work in compliment with the original ad account. I also struggled with the fact that I was only allowed 10 accounts. We are not an agency but still need more than 10 social accounts. Their price to add accounts asked too much for us to beable to continue with the purchase of the software. We operate in South Africa. So going from Rand to Dollar is quite a big leap. Although the software has many lovely tools, the price just didn't equate for us. The only other tool I can think of which would be missing is SEO in terms of Social. Otherwise Sprout Social pretty much has most tools you would need from a Social Managing platform

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

Sprout was the the only one with competitors analysis as opposed to SEMrush., but SEMrush is more of an SEO listening tool than a social media management platform. Sprout also had the smart inboxes which were the most helpful to our team in collecting comments and message for quick engagement. Hootsuite was too clunky whilst Sprout was more streamlined and user friendly. Postcron is only a scheduling tool.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Hootsuite was a bit difficult to use in terms of it's user friendliness. It was quite clunky to use as well and we found that we were only using the scheduler. So we were paying a large sum for not actually much. They also didn't seem to have any good support and were lacking in streamlining each part of a social media strategy into one platform. They could definitely be a more powerful tool with some tweaks.

Jessi

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2017

One of my go-to SM management tools

PROS

Great user interface (I like it much better than Hootsuite's interface). Customer service is superb! Anytime I had any issues with using SproutSocial, their customer service was a chat or email away. Their customer service seems like a very small team of people, but they are very quick to respond and get to a solution. I've used SproutSocial for several different companies, both large and small, and it works great for managing it all. Analytical reports are clean and better than the ones in Hootsuite. My favorite features are the reports, social listing tools (You can see who's interacting with your company or specific keywords you set up) and being able to 'check off' messages or notifications that you have seen or responded to already. In HootSuite, you cannot do this and sometimes messages can be missed. Another favorite feature in the reporting is being able to compare your company page with competitors and see how you stack up agains the competition. Following/unfollowing accounts on Twitter is another great and useful feature.

CONS

There are a couple social networks that cannot be integrated with SproutSocial, and therefore I have to resort to also using Hootsuite. Things like LinkedIn Showcase Pages, Youtube, Vimeo, LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups to name a few cannot be scheduled or automated. SproutSocial covers the larger social media pages you need to manage like Facebook pages and Twitter. Because it cannot schedule at all social networks, I have to do most of my scheduling in Hootsuite.

Kim

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Sprout is really user friendly, from both an interaction point and management. Good blogs too!

Using Sprout along side another platform for a different client (their choice) the overall functionality of Sprout is really clear! It is much faster and user friendly.

PROS

Sprout is great for interactions. Having over 1000 pages to look after means we need to be able to access specific pages quickly, and view messages for just the one page in a set profile group - this is really easy with Sprout! In terms of quality reviewing responses from a management point of view, it is great - you can see full threads and who did what. For reporting, you can tailor reports for each clients needs. After using an alternative platform, Sprout is MUCH faster all round - finding interactions and, general interaction in terms of loading and sending messages. In regards to task management, it is really good at making sure that you keep on top of things, as you can add an internal note which is front facing when you click into your tasks. The updates are also handy, as you can now select oldest to newest or newest to oldest - when there is a large number of incoming interactions it means there are less loading issues.

CONS

Sometimes there are bugs, which can cause functionality issues (but this does happen with all software). Because we are a UK company, and Sprout's support team are in the US it does mean that we have to wait until the afternoon on our time for any additional information - although you are able to log the error you are experiencing.

Kiran

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2022

The Best Social Media Management tool

PROS

1. Scheduling posts 2. Chatbots 3. Social Listening

CONS

1. It is quite expensive 2. Add on features costs more than the tool itself. Other than these two sprout social is a great tool to have.

Shannon

Banking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Improvements and Satisfaction from a Graphic Designer/Content Specialist

It has been great to consolidate all our social media to one spot. It saves time in planning and gives us the ability to track data, which is the most valuable feature for us. Too many great things to say. Always appreciate the drive for continuous improvement of Sprout Social. I think staying on top ever-changing social features and trends sets Sprout apart.

PROS

So many great features and usability! Truly the the most innovative tool for social media on the market.

CONS

- It would be nice if when you select multiple social media profiles to post to at the same time it would automatically post to the most optimal time for each instead of averaging the time of all of them. - If we have a piece of content that we really want people to see, it would be nice to know optimal send time over a given week instead of only being able to see optimal send time on one given day. Maybe it is a a stat that shows up on your dash board like "the best time to post this week is: Thursday at 12:05 PM." Optimal send times could be its own page or report. - It would be GREAT if you could see a breakdown of business demographics vs personal profile demographics. I think our demographics for Twitter are inaccurate, because most of our followers are businesses/organizations and automatically assign a male gender and random age when they create their profile. - It is not clear in your "Always up-to-date" specs for LinkedIn the exact size of an image when you post it. - Exact image specs for social is kinda confusing. It looks like Twitter's in-post preview doesn't match the specs - graphics get cut off. Also, it looks like Twitter and Facebook also previews different content sizes in addition to what is listed on your specs pages. For example, in-post square images show up on Facebook and Twitter without getting cut off. It would be nice to know all the different sizes each social media sizes that are offered as they change.