All SugarCRM Reviews

Shanie

Media Production, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed January 2024

Level Up your Business with Sugar CRM!

Victoria

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Excellent Community CRM

SugarCRM Community edition has been a great daily driver for my music business. It's reliable, and has enough functionality to enable me to record all the key data that I need. The ability to self-host the platform is fantastic, because it helps keep costs down, and when you work on a small-scale, you don't need all of the processing power of a paid hosted solution. Definitely a great option if you have the savvy to install and maintain your own instance on your web server.

PROS

I used the self-hosted community CRM for several years for my own music business. It has a ton of functionality that matches a lot of the basic features you find in Salesforce Classic. It's a great tool for keeping track of client data, deal tracking, etc. It's also nice to be able to self-host the platform as well as it's a lot more affordable than using a paid SaaS solution.

CONS

SugarCRM Community Edition looks pretty dated. If you don't have a lot of experience with the typical CRM data model concept, it can be hard to figure out how to use the system. The interface could be modernized to make it easier to navigate and find your way around. Another downside to being the Community Edition is that you need to know how to install and maintain the platform on your own server, but this is also a plus if you do have these skills.

Casey

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Round the clock support

PROS

First of all SugarCRM has a great set of features that outperforms many competitors. It comes with round the clock support and user forums for quick fixes and learning. Pipeline management and analysis powered by AI both thoroughly impressed me. I liked the integration with marketing.Dashlets are great organizers and lists are adjustable by filters. SugarCRM is customizable on many fronts.

CONS

I don't like how much we're paying for Sugar CRM. I don't like the learning curve that comes with it, it's hard even with great support. To me it doesn't look like enough care was taken to make a user friendly interface.Permissions for the entire team proved to be one of the worst tasks next to getting contacts imported which I had to do manually.

Reasons for switching to SugarCRM

SugarCRM offers such a great set of features.

Josh

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2017

SugarCRM Review - Walz Scale

We have been using Sugar for several years, but only in the past six months have we really dug down to fully utilize the software. The tool is fairly simple to use, I like the reporting functions, but the feedback I get from my sales team is that it is just 'clunky' to use. I'll give you one little example. For the Opportunity 'Actual Closed Won' date, I found through coming across some bad sales data for the month, that if you close a sale in January, and that same month you mark it as Closed Won. But lets say in March you want to go in and add a note to the description. Once you edit that note, (thus changing the Modify date) you autimatically changed the 'Actual Closed Won' date to March. Really messes up sales reports! When I contacted Sugar, there really wasnt an easy fix. We found SierraCRM (third part software) and Bill Convis from there helped with a solution to this problem. We have now purchased this software and believe that this will help take us to the next level of using Sugar. Sugar Support via email is usually pretty prompt, but as far as hearing from our 'Account Manager', just 2 weeks ago was the first time I heard from someone regarding our account. At that point, I had already reached out to SierraCRM, so I did not need anything from Sugar. To summarize: Great tool, though a little clunky, but the price is not bad. Customer service could be improved, especially for companies like us who are invested in the process, and just need some help taking our sales process to the next level. Thanks!

PROS

I like the Online (sugar on demand) that allows Sugar Support to get into your software and look and something you may be struggling with, like reports...

CONS

Design is little clunky. Think with some improvements, it might be easier to convert leads, update opportunities. Need less clicks!

Marco

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

SugarCRM Is a Great and Reliable Solution

PROS

I like the effective features of SugarCRM. SugarCRM has been a brilliant and reliable CRM solution.

CONS

SugarCRM is amazing and flawless. SugarCRM works so well for us.

sanjay

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

Robust Platform to have wide customer relationship

SugarCRM is a robust and feature-rich platform that can help businesses of all sizes improve their customer relationships and streamline their operations. It has a large and active user community, with regular updates and new features being added to the platform to ensure that it remains relevant and competitive in the market.

PROS

SugarCRM's lead management capabilities can also help to streamline sales processes. By providing a platform for managing leads, assigning them to sales reps, and tracking their progress through the sales pipeline, SugarCRM enables sales teams to work more efficiently and effectively. This can help to reduce duplication of effort, improve collaboration between different teams, and ultimately drive higher revenues and profits.

CONS

SugarCRM's contact management capabilities also provide powerful analytics and reporting tools that can help businesses to gain deeper insights into their customer interactions. By leveraging this data, businesses can identify trends and patterns in customer behavior, adjust their marketing and sales strategies, and ultimately achieve better results. This is a least like about my softwares where i can get the same feature in the other platform like salesforce.

Reasons for switching to SugarCRM

CRM systems can have a significant impact on the product, by helping businesses to better understand their customers, improve their sales and marketing efforts, streamline their operations, and make better decisions. By leveraging the capabilities of CRM systems, businesses can achieve their goals more efficiently and effectively, and ultimately drive higher revenues and profits. So i would like to switch from zoho crm to sugar crm

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Indeed a great CRM with effective results

Overall my experience with this CRM is great. I am using it daily and I can say that my daily work is incomplete without it. It is so simple to use and provides amazing results for reports and dashboards, their customer's support team is very responsive.

PROS

I am using it for more than three years and like almost everything about it. This CRM is very easy to use because of its simple design and easy to use user interface. I like the way SugarCRM provides reports and dashboards which is very easy to understand. SugarCRM provides secruity of data and information and now I can handle the different campaigns, create a different campaign for anyone and even get a complete picture of it very easily.

CONS

I would like to highlight one thing that I dislike about it which is its overall cost. A small organization may not afford this CRM but overall it is worth to spend on it.

Reason for choosing SugarCRM

We choose this because it has strong customer support team and it is less expensive compared to there products.

Julia Maria

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

A complete history of calls, emails, and customers in one location only

SugarCRM offers you a way to monitor all the clients and leaflet details so you can keep everyone within the business on the same page, from ads to distribution to support to everyone to work with a system to get a detailed view of what is going on for each and every customer and future buyers. This is where I can show the details that are most important for my day, whether it is my channeling of potential clients, the weekly operation and predictions from my staff, or my allocated customer service cases. The home page can be personalized for any division of Sample with exactly the right details for every user. The browser bar at the top of the screen is the preferred position, but it can be placed sideways, floating or at the bottom.

PROS

The software provides a robust search feature that allows you to search by name, phone number, and other data values that I need. A standard profile account view would highlight the key information in the configuration of the presentation card, which may include phone number categorizations and to whom the account is allocated, for example. Admin software provided with SugarCRM enables the setup of each screen such that The company wants, including adding personalized infinite areas, changing values on any deployable list, and arranging everything and all. Another main way in which I can use SugarCRM phones or tablets when out of the office, helps you to extract some data through searches and tables, you can quickly call a contact and when you have a call.

CONS

You will choose to separate and divide the data into different categories. one way that you might do this is through searches, you will get to sort so many that you can get lost in so much dating.

Brent

Reviewed December 2017

The low cost alternative to Salesforce

Its a CRM so it holds our customer data, but it fails at basic things like contract management, support ticketing, opportunity management, forecasting and searching

PROS

Its going to be difficult to provide any pro's about SugarCRM. I inherited this CRM after coming from multiple companies using salesforce. Sugar is about 40% less expensive than salesforce, and we use the on-premise, but cloud hosted model.

CONS

There are a lot of downsides to sugar. We had corruption issues each time we upgraded, dashboards are extremely limited, and you cannot push out dashboards to users. I find it difficult to use from a UI perspective, where expanded panels make the UI sluggish and busy. searching in the global search bar is odd and you never get proper results, results sets only return up to 1000 rows, other than that you need a report which is extremely difficult to use. Forecasting requires the individual to select the commit button, not the sales manager. You cannot set global quota, but rather a quota per month manually.Probably the most non intuitive UI i have ever used. Every new sales person is just bewildered by its use.

Michele

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

A basic out-of-the-box CRM system

Overall, SugarCRM is a good tool to manage all your contacts and create marketing campaigns (by email, by text messages, etc.). Import/export tools are quite well developed, whereas other integrations and features are to be paid separately.

PROS

SugarCRM is fairly easy to set up on a php+mysql (or other database) server.

CONS

Support is not always very responsive. Also, the GUI is quite outdated.

Reason for choosing SugarCRM

We chose SugarCRM because it was developed on PHP, that worked well with our systems.

Gabor

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

A free CRM - not worth the price

It is a good startup CRM for base use. Not nice looking not always working but cost no money.

PROS

It is a free CRM and you can fully customize to your needs.

CONS

Very hard to actually customize it. The templates do not fully work and thus many times the system just breaks. Not feasible to use without a programmer putting it straight.

Free

Thank you for your review and feedback, however it is important to highlight that you have provided this feedback on a product that is no longer supported by SugarCRM. Sugar Community Edition is the legacy version of our platform for the open-source community, which is traditionally utilised by developers and not by businesses to run day-today operations. If you require a flexible platform that is inclusive of support and frequent upgrades, then we please do check out the 3 versions of Sugar Sell on our website: https://www.sugarcrm.com/uk/pricing/. Sugar is frequently recognised for exceptional UX and ease of configuration, without the need for any 3rd party support which are a couple of the many reasons we are recognised as an industry leader by many analysts and most importantly, our customers.

Replied April 2022

Damion

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2019

SugаrCRM: Bооst yоur busіnеss

Thе Sugаr рlаtfоrm wоrks vеry wеll аnd іs quіtе sсаlаblе асrоss оrgаnіzаtіоns оf аll sіzеs.

PROS

Eхсеllеnt dаtаbаsе systеm. Cаn bе соріеd tо оthеr sеrvеrs. Custоm fіеlds. Abіlіty tо lіnk CRM dаtа tо dеаls. Gооd usеr іntеrfасе. Wе usе SugаrCRM аs оur рrіmаry tооl іn trасkіng аррlісаtіоns, dеtеrmіnіng еlіgіbіlіty, аnd mаnаgіng раymеnts fоr сhіldrеn іn рublісly fundеd рrеsсhооl рrоgrаms. Althоugh іt wаs рrіmаrіly dеsіgnеd аs а sаlеs tооl, wе usе іt lеss аs fоr sаlеs (gіvеn thаt wе аrе nоt а sаlеs оrgаnіzаtіоn) аnd mоrе аs а rеlаtіоnshір mаnаgеmеnt аnd ассоuntіng tооl. Wе hаvе а vеry smаll tеаm (10 реорlе tоtаl), but wе аll usе Sugаr оn а dаіly bаsіs.

CONS

Rеаlly, rеаlly fіnd іt а hаsslе (аt lеаst rіght nоw) tо synс Sugаr wіth оur mаrkеtіng аutоmаtіоn sоftwаrе. Wе usе а 3rd раrty API аs оur соnnесtоr bеtwееn thе twо systеms but I fіnd glіtсhеs іn іt thаt соnсеrn mе аnd mаkе mе wоndеr іf аll my іnfоrmаtіоn іs bеіng ассurаtеly trаnsmіttеd аnd mаtсhеd uр. Sugаr wаsn't vеry іntuіtіvе whеn I fіrst bеgаn usіng іt. Wе rесеntly hаd а 3rd раrty соmе іn tо rеdеsіgn thе systеm fоr us аnd оnсе іt wаs сustоmіzеd, іt wаs muсh bеttеr. Sеаrсh funсtіоn dоеsn't аlwаys sееm tо wоrk іn thе tор nаv bаr- frustrаtіng whеn I'm tryіng tо fіnd sоmеthіng fаst аnd dоn't wаnt tо gо іntо а mоdulе tо dо іt.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Management of the commercial area

It is really a good product, they are currently making important changes, and integrations with other apps, it is very quick to learn to use and manages similarity in all its modules.

PROS

One of the points that we like most about Sugar is the possibility of generating any report, all the modules are related to each other, and generating modules to our own needs.

CONS

What we like least is that for the trends or projections to work, all the data in the system must be very well loaded.

Reason for choosing SugarCRM

Based on product costs and our requirements,

Adam

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great, customizable CRM

PROS

Easy setup. Cloud-hosted environment means low maintenance. Easy for small teams to customize without requiring developers.

CONS

Cloud hosting means no direct DB access, or config changes, instead relying on UI tools to customize and export. Nothing crazy though.

Price

Juan

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2018

I have made product configurations for a company that provides technical consulting services

Management of all information related to customers and sales in a single software in a centralized manner that can be accessed by any type of device in real time, providing valuable information for decision making made by the management controls

PROS

The tool is intuitive and very easy to use, there is the option to use the cloud in a private server or use the software tool as a service, it has a variety of modules to carry out the management of clients, such as sales, marketing campaigns, opportunities, potential customers, everything related to meetings and appointments to be carried out by sales executives, among others. It has a module to carry out project management related to opportunities and contributions made. It also has a version for mobile devices that allows you to review information or keep the information of the CRM updated from the comfort of the smart phone and / or tablet. It has the ability to add new fields to the forms by further personalizing the tool, there is a version in which you can by role display a certain form. It has the capacity to extend it by adding new modules

CONS

It has a module to record tasks, which can be used for assigning different activities to employees, in this part you may be able to add some type of SLA and in this way to measure the time it takes for users to complete tasks according to the assignment date and the SLAs registered for a specific type of task. Workflows are very basic for the professional version

Used free trial

Reviewed November 2012

Best CRM I've Ever Used

Starting at $30/user/month - this is by far the best value I've seen on the market for sales and marketing CRM software. It's not Salesforce.com which is a good thing because Sugar is easier to implement, easier to use, a fraction of the price, and does just about everything that higher end systems can do if you're creative and work with a partner to tailor the application to your business like we did.

PROS

We are a Sugar CRM reseller but this review is from my perspective as a user of this fantastic software. Most CRM is the same functionally - manage accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc. But what sets Sugar apart from the rest of them are three fundamental things: 1. Simplicity - Sugar CRM is clean. It's super easy to get any information you need without needing your IT guy to build you a custom report. 2. Customization - Every business is different and you need your CRM system to adapt to you. Sugar Studio makes tailoring your software easy - even if you're not that technical. Dare I say - even a marketing or sales person could do it. 3. Plug-Ins - There are tons of plug-and-play add-ons to extend SugarCRM in virtually any area - support desk, email marketing, and much more. We use Inbox25 for email marketing and are leaning toward InsideView for integrated list management but there are so many other options to consider.

CONS

We are using the hosted, On Demand version which limits our access to source modifications (somewhat). We have been able to work around all of these so far. If we get to a point where we need more access to modify the underlying program we can always bring the product in-house and customize to our hearts content. There have been a few minor bugs that we've found - certainly no more than we had in our previous CRM system but Sugar's support team had them resolved - almost immediately!

Mashudu Hilary

Computer Software, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2022

An effective software to keep a great relationship with your custormers and clients

Sugar CRM has been a great software for my business. Ever since I started using it, I have been able to manage and sort out organization structures easily. The way I deliver customer service and manage a relationship with them has changed for the better.

PROS

Sugar CRM as a software is great because it comes with a customizable home page since it is an open source platform. Features such as the new user wizard tool, shortcut bar and downloadable plugins are just ingenious. I like how the software comes in a diverse range of languages which number 9 in total. Sugar CRM provides data and information security meaning I am assured of protection from internal and external corruption which might have dire consequences. The software can be intergrated with other software such as Zendesk, Happy fox or Pardot just to mention a few. Sugar CRM is a very good marketing platform which has aided my small business to grow exponentially. With the software, I am able to keep track of client data and track deals with ease. With the lead management feature, I am able to generate potential business clientele, acquire and manage potential clients up untill the point where a deal can be closed.

CONS

From my time using the software I have found the software to be very slow when running through Sugar's own servers. The sheer number of options present on the dashboard can be perplexing, especially for users who might not have much expirience in CRM data models. Lastly, over the years the software has become a bit dated and this has forced me to move to other CRM software such as HubSpot.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Great CRM, but the FREE version is the best

The main benefits I got from this software was the ability to keep my contacts all in one place. It was excellent in scheduling tasks, creating contacts, assigning tasks, etc.

PROS

The thing I liked best about the Sugar CRM Community Edition that is free is that our developers could customize it for our company and add great features, something we can't do with the big name CRM solutions.

CONS

The thing I like the least about this software is it is very limited in features which makes their competitors a better bargain. Additionally, the functionality can be off. For example, our developers had difficulty incorporating some features into their free CE because of bugs. I have heard from others the paid version is overpriced, not worth it, and there are other better options out there.

Pia