TOP PRODUCER

TOP PRODUCER Reviews

• icon"Top Producer is a great CRM/Transaction Management tool for agents and brokers growing their business."
  • icon"I love it and will continue to use for many many years to come. So user friendly that anyone can use it."
  • icon"I like that it has many features - statistics, built-in feature sheets or the ability to design your own, and it keeps contact lists."
  • icon"You will have to purchase additional subscriptions they do not disclose. IDX is very crappy and unprofessional, unless you purchase from 3rd party and install on your site."
  • icon"I find it is not the easiest tool to organize unless I am on it everyday. I have no time to do that."
  • icon"It can be awkward, and we used to use the flyer-maker feature but I found it to be a little slow and clunky."

Browse all TOP PRODUCER Reviews

• Have you used TOP PRODUCER and would like to share your experience with others?

Orly

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Top Producer is a foundational product in real estate needed by all realtors

Arielle

Excellent Real Estate CRM

A great program for the price and really provides a lot of helpful features

Pros

Top Producer is a great CRM that can link to your listings, automatically email clients, set client anniversary dates & touches, just an overall excellent CRM to help with transactions

Cons

The interface seemed a little difficult to learn at first and the set up was a little strenuous however it became the most used platform we've ever had

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

Top producer had many more features to handle a large client base

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you for your feedback Arielle! We appreciate being a part of your business !

Replied October 2020

Ryan

Great for large brokerages, terrible for end users

I did not like it at all. I was never a fan the more I learned, and the more I got frustrated with the overdone workings of it. Too many steps for simple tasks. It is too time consuming to use, and discourages follow up with clients, when the CRM software is the burden.

Pros

It is a tried and true platform for brokerages and teams to track deals, clients, and every aspect of the business. it can do a lot, and I mean a LOT. This is the industry standard software that has been around for ages in Real Estate.

Cons

It is severely outdated. It is cumbersome, not easy to navigate, and just clunky. Its a step above an old DOS system that has been modified to work in windows. Its behind the times, and difficult for end users that, especially if they are not very tech savvy, to use and operate. Deals and clients seem to get lost in the mist, its hard to know what way is up.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

Brokerage wanted to use this software. I hated every minute of it.

Gerald

July 2022

Another change I’ve lived through hope it will get better

They have been forced to reinvent the wheel. top Producer has always been my favorite software to use for my business. Even with the ups and downs I’ll probably still stick with it.

Pros

Open using Top Producer close to 20 years. Originally on floppy disks in that version what is this best overall. Each new iteration I’ve seen features I like disappear. I have hopes for this version and I like the different approach they’re taking. But they have a ways to go.

Cons

. They have been forced to reinvent the wheel.

Constellation R/E Group Destroyed Top Producer

Great for 20yrs but completely ruined in the span of about 7 months. They have completely derailed our systems, lost our data and cost us a lot of additional dollars and headaches.

Pros

Originally it was highly customizable and worked great for decades. Constellation Real Estate Group purchased the system and botched the data transfer. They lost all of you historical communication email and letter templates and were unapologetic about how much this cost my team to recreate. Then to top it off they doubled their prices.

Cons

it is down all the time and the keep scaling back the features to try to get you to sign up for their new system which is a Joke!

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

We when with TP over 20 years ago and are now looking for alternatives as it is no longer a viable system and overly expensive - Constellation also owner Market Leader so that is probably in the same boat.

Orly

May 2022

Top Producer is a foundational product in real estate needed by all realtors

Top Producer helps track all leads, vendors and expenses in any profession. Overall extremely happy with this product.

Pros

Top Producer helps track all your buyer / seller leads in one place. Helps with systems and reminders of what clients to follow up. Helps keep notes of what was last spoken etc. Amazing product.

Cons

Top producer needs the campaign designs to be more social media ready. The are pretty dated compared to other CRMS.

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

Other real estate professionals highly recommended the product and are not dissapointed with the choice. Highly recommend to anyone looking to keep all their clients in one place.

Response from Top Producer

Thanks for the review and recommendations Orly! We're happy to help you build lifelong relationships

Replied May 2022

Kristin

Everything a CRM Should Be

Excellent. From purchasing the software to getting everything set up... I have had a great experience.

Pros

Functionality, tools available, interface, style and design of the software

Cons

When using 8i I need to use Internet Explorer. That's the biggest downfall. I use Chrome for everything so having to have another browser open is a little bit frustrating.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

I didn't want to use the traditional CRM provided by my broker so they could have access to my database if I ever decided to switch brokerages. Otherwise, I most likely would not have even looked at using another CRM. But glad I did. I love Top Producer!

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you for your feedback Kristin! We appreciate being a part of your business.Upgrades will continue to come!

Replied May 2020

Mohamed

July 2022

It's Help me to Communicate with my Client in regular Base.

You Make Great Job

Pros

This Software Easy and keep touch with my Client in daily.

Cons

I use This Sft Since 1995. And I am very Comfortable to use it

I am Lucky to choose.

Elvera

July 2022

Top Producer Not Worth The Money!

Was using Top Producer since 1998 and the service and software has declined. All email marketing out of date. I am cancelling my CRM. Not worth the money.

Pros

Nothing! Program Software runs very slow

Cons

Top Producer Software has declined and runs very slow. I've been using TP since 1998, but have changed because there is no customer service or resolution to the issues and concerns. Also email marketing letters are very bland and out of date.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

Top Producer is slow and out of date. Horrible customer service and software.

Corinna

June 2022

Extremely disappointed, would not recommend

Absolutely can’t stand TopProducer. Every time they hit me up for $60 a month, I get upset all over again. What a waste of money and their refusal to even suspend my subscription until I find it more useful, has guaranteed that I’ll never use their software again.

Pros

Zero pros. There isn’t anything that I like about this software.

Cons

Extremely disappointed. Wish I would have done more research before investing in this software. Was talked into it by my mentor and now I sit here, 6 months in, and unable to cancel my subscription. Customer service is extremely unhelpful and I can’t wait to be done with my 12 months hostage situation, so I can find a CRM that I actually like and will utilize.

Jeorgina

August 2022

Buyer Beware **Difficult to use ** UNBREAKABLE CONTRACT **

HORRIBLE Ive been requesting for months to cancel my service i was right outside of my cancellation period and Top producer is HOLDING me hostage to a 1 year contract service that I can’t use because i am unable to learn the program its challenging , YES I’ve tried all the webinars and YouTube, its not for me and unfair that your making me pay for a service i cannot use, BUYER BEWARE ** review on the unfair practices and horrible experience

Pros

NOTHING , UNFORTUNATELY service was very difficult to use

Cons

I got this service hoping to Intergrate mortgage and real estate clients into a CRM and found it to be quite difficult to use. Its not user friendly and takes Webinars and YouTube , and i have tried !! and decided its too much work to learn and takes too much time. I was right outside my cancellation window and called and spoke to several Customer service agents , who absolutely refused to cancel my 1 year contract. Ive paid 7 months in my contract and have never used it.. $700 and going.

Response from Top Producer

Jeorgina, sorry to hear you haven't had a good experience so far. One of our guiding principles when designing our next-gen CRM, Top Producer X, is to make it as easy as possible to use. We know it can be hard learning new technology and also know that real estate agents are busy people. Your time is best spent with your clients. We would love the chance to help you in any way that we can. Our Customer Care team has a Success department - their job is to help you succeed with our software. If you need help and don't want to watch a webinar, we're here for you. A member of our team will reach out shortly to see what we can do.

Replied August 2022

Benjamin

December 2021

Great Product - Even Better Company

This helps me as the lead track what our future flow of business will look like and a benefit we are soon to realize - onboarding NEW agents is made possible through the transaction and communication management system.

Pros

This product is really incredible - we didn't have to be tech experts to set it up because the onboarding team at Top Producer was so amazing - they helped us every step of the way to make sure we were optimizing our use and continue to communicate with the team - answering questions and helping as needed. As for TPX itself - we love the interactivity level it gives us with our clients and our transactions - we've built our very robust transaction templates and WE DON'T MISS ANYTHING in the transaction processing - we also intentionally build relationships with the people who matter most.

Cons

We want to be able to manage conversation tracking and transaction updates on the go from a phone - the web app is not great for that. Each member of our team invested in a large tablet with Data so we could use the CRM from a car as easily as from a desk.

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

It was far more robust than the others and the transaction template set up was so much easier than any other CRM

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

The software was unpredictable in its "Automated" features and limited in it's communication management systems. It also cost more.

Response from Top Producer

Thanks Ben! Lets keep building relationships together!

Replied February 2022

Francine

STILL THE BEST - EVEN BETWEEN TWO CHAIRS ( X & 8i)

The quality of the products will attract the most discriminating clients/users and the strength of the support/technical support will get you through any of your challenges and will keep you there

Pros

The "X" is bringing along new wonderful features including integration with Realtor.com, MLS, Outlook and Gmail emails and social media - NEW FEATURES such as to text directly from contacts files, property insights, transaction management are simply wonderful and addressing today's needs - ..it is an ongoing process, still in beta version and the staff is dedicated to listen to our feedback and implement suggestions from seasoned veterans - very refreshing....

Cons

We need a tad of patience - the sophistication of Listing & Actions plans experienced in 8i is not yet available in X - which forces old users like me to navigate between the two versions to fully complete my work ( not ideal but bearable for the time being) - while Top Producer may not be offering the most user friendly product, you would be hard pressed to experience the power and sophistication it conveys with any of its competitors - like anything worth having, there is a learning curve with it and it is 100% worth it - the blessing in disguise is that you are never alone, the support team is the best I have witnessed in my life and I have been a Realtor for over 30 years - while the staff is unbelievably knowledgeable, they have agreeable personalities and they have the talent to listen carefully and explain patiently - rare for nerds LOL!

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

I try to keep abreast of all that is going on and ways to improve...X came into the picture after a tad of "stagnation" with 8i...I was considering leaving when X started to beef up the features and I started to see its future potential I started to use Top Producer when it was not yet "online" ( TP6 on floppy disks), the product(s) have come a long way since, continuously adapting to the times and the needs newly revealed....

Tamara

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Real estate focused solution with easy-to-use web interface in Top Producer X version

The sales and support interactions were all excellent, at every step of the way, from initial sales contact to following up to make sure I continue to be successful. Their sales and support people know their product roadmap and have input to product developments. This shows their product management is on point. Good product management is the key to having a system which will support their users continued success.

Pros

The contacts are easy to import and easy to set up in the Top Producer X web version. I enjoy seeing my email conversations within the contacts. It is a good addition to my normal work environment, using Win10 touchscreen laptop. I keep Top Producer X as one tab open in a Chrome web browser alongside social media and property information throughout my working day. The layout makes it easy to update information and next steps for multiple clients and contacts.

Cons

The web version doesn't have all the features of their legacy 8i product. They have an active development team working on porting features from an older system (which is still functional) into the newer system I started on, Top Producer X. Mobile version still needs updates to newer interface. Text messages sent from the TPX CRM are hard to view and act on responses on my mobile device. It's not perfect, but I have trust that they will incrementally provide updates that solve these issues and more.

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

MLS integration. Out of all the companies I talked to when I searched for a CRM, Top Producer has the most real estate focused solution. They appear to be invested in supporting real estate activity as their primary market.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

Changed brokerages - PropertyBase was included with my desk fees at my previous brokerage. At my new brokerage I had to research, pay for and administer my own CRM.

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you for your feedback Tamara! As a real estate CRM we value your feedback to and will continue to improve

Replied December 2020

Neomi

Keeps me organized!

Great.

Pros

I gave Top Producer 3 stars for ease of use because it does take some time to learn the platform and get everything in place and running. But once you do it's easy and customer support has been great and always walks me through whatever issue I'm having. I like all the features and reports and how it connects with my gmail account. Great way to track your pipeline and stay on top of your prospects and past clients.

Cons

Sometimes there are miscellaneous features I wish it had that come to mind when in the program, but can't think of any at this very moment. Nothing to the point of wanting to switch to another CRM. I do wish it was a little cheaper each month of course. : )

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

It's been a while since I made the choice, if I remember correctly I didn't care for the platform as much. It didn't have some features that Top Producer did. I felt it was more for just keeping track of prospecting and keeping in touch.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

Top Producer had more options and features available. Realty Juggler is very easy to use and is great for a more simplified need of tracking at a great price.

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you for your feedback Neomi! We appreciate being a part of your business! Our next generation CRM in beta offers streamlined workflows and a modern interface to help ease of use! You can check it out using your username and password here : https://CRM.topproducer.com.

Julianne

BEST CRM for Real Estate E V E R!

My experiences with TopProducer have been nothing short of fabulous! The customer service is amazing and every person I have ever needed to speak with at TopProducer has been friendly and knowledgable.

Pros

TopProducer is a complete CRM with so many features that Realtors need! From contact management and lead conversion, to transaction management - this is the sole reason I have been successful as an individual agent for over 15 years and now my entire team of basically brand new agents are also incredibly successful as well!

Cons

To be perfectly honest - there isn't anything I don't like. It does everything I need to manage my business and my team! I'm excited about the new features coming out in 2020! This just keeps getting better and better!

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

My team, which consists of mostly new to business agents, all love using TopProducer and are enjoying all the features that are available to them for their listing and sales and they are converting leads and following up with clients easily and efficiently! TopProducer is making my job as a Team Leader easy to check on team productivity and address any situation quickly and easily and gives my agents a lot of confidence to excel and still have a life outside of real estate! This was my goal: life and business in total balance and TopProducer provided this and more for me and my team! Thank you TopProducer for this awesome system!!!

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you Julianne for your feedback! We appreciate being a part of your business!

Stephanie

Top Producer in real estate

Our experience has been good overall. The customer service is terrific! What I love most about customer service is the clock to chat feature. Agents are always ready and able to answer my questions.

Pros

It is very robust! I love the way you can add tons of information about a contact. I also really appreciate the “Coach”. It reminds me to be in contact with 5 new people every day based on parameters I set up for different contact types. I also like how easy it is to send an email to select contact types making it even easier to stay top of mind.

Cons

The thing I dislike most is the way that contacts have to be entered when there is a household of two or more. For example, I help a husband and wife list and sell their home and buy a new one. I am normally working with both parties throughout the process and build a relationship with both. Unfortunately, Top Producer requires two individual records of I want both individuals to be included in the Coach feature, market snapshot and other very powerful tools. On the other hand, by creating two contact records for the same household, I have the risk of duplicates when sending a mailing. Plus that means there are two records to update with changes and notes.

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

MoxyWorks was a benefit provided through my broker. I wanted my data and records to be fully portable if I chose to leave my company - which ultimately I did!

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you Stephanie for your feedback! We're happy to be a part of your business. Our next generation CRM is currently in beta, you can save multiple phone numbers and emails under one contact. You can check it out using your username and password here : https://CRM.topproducer.com.

Gina

Top Producer keeps your leads and contracts in one spot

The company I work for uses Top Producer for the transaction side of the deal. We do actually use another program for the drip campaigns and most of the marketing side. I dont remember why we switched but there were some bells and whistles that the other software gave that Top Producer did not, however it does not have the transaction side and I like the way that Top Producer has the front page set so that all your listings and transactions are very visable with close dates and such.

Pros

I like exactly what the title says, it imports the leads from the our Zillow account without any extra work. The drip campaigns and nurturing is easy to set up and customize. Once a lead becomes a client and writes a contract they are all right there in the system. No extra typing or moving of items. Also listings are easy to convert to a sale upon a contract. I have a lot of realtors under me and and I hate redoing things like typing in data again and again. This keeps it all together.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that I dont particularly like is that it allows for duplicates in contacts. There is a solution to it but it requires doing a search and would be helpful if it didnt allow duplicates in either the contacts or the transactions which I have also accidently duplicated or at least give a warning. Okay maybe one more thing. The reports are difficulty. Because all of our transaction info is in Top Producer, sometimes I need to pull a report or a spreadsheet of say closed buyers names addresses and emails maybe for a customer party we are throwing, the reports are very limited and not even able to be customized to create a usable spreadsheet that I could take and upload to the invitation site, so it requires a great deal of time to pull the info I need out and it would be much more helpful if the reports were customizable or at least a usable spreadsheet format.

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you Gina for your feedback! We're happy to be a part of your business! You can visit https://www.topproducer.com/campus/ to see dozens of videos, blogs and tips on every aspect of your CRM. You can also reach us for free live support at 1-800-830-8300. (M-F, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM PST)

Blaine

Top Producer Contact Managament System

Staying with all prospects and clients makes it all worth while. I have had prospects in my system for several years before they purchased a property. Not every lead is ready to pull the trigger immediately. I have had any clients say over the years that because I was consistent with my follow up is one reason they dealt with us!

Pros

Top Producer has been our go to software for over 15 years. I have several thousand contacts in my data base and it would be impossible to manage them without such a system. The pre written emails and letter are very appropriate for the real estate industry, although we have added dozens additional for individual specific applications. I insist that out new associates use the program, 1 so they can do the proper client follow up, 2 so I can over see that prospects and clients are being followed up the right way.

Cons

Sometimes getting the signatures correct on the bottom of our emails need extra work. The drafting sometimes needs adjustments before sending out the email. I always check the finished email before I hit send, so this can be somewhat cumbersome id doing 10 to 30 emails in the morning.

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you Blaine for your feedback! We're happy to be a part of your successful business! Our next generation CRM is currently in beta, but it includes great new email technology that will use your current account (gmail,outlook, etc) + signatures when sending any communication! P.S. We'll also track who opens every email! You can check it out by using your username and password here : https://CRM.topproducer.com.

Tammy

Top Producer, just about everything I need, all in one place!

Inside this awesome program, Top Producer... I track my closings, I track my leads, I track my client's important dates, to include birthdays, I track all my closed transactions as well as stay in constant contact with my buyer & seller prospects. Everything I need is here in this CRM. The customer service is superb and they are very patient! If you are considering this software, look no further, totally worth your investment!

Pros

I love the follow-up coach as well as the activity calendar. I am an experienced user and would not know what to do without it, it tells me who to call on a specific day to remain in touch with my prospects and past clients.

Cons

I do not like that TP is not able to send voicemail drops and text messages. I am waiting for those features as this technology is very useful in my industry. I think the drip campaigns could be improved to make it a more usable feature, I had to create my own for specific types of follow up, but TP does allow you to do that, so I just use my own plans, designed by me.

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to be a part of your business. Our next generation CRM is currently in beta, and includes texting functionality! You can check it out using your username and password here : https://CRM.topproducer.com.

Renata

TOP PRODUCER CRM IS THE BEST!

Amazing results. Fast, efficient and cost-effective. I truly appreciate having access to such a great system!

Pros

Top Producer is truly the best CRM program out there! I have been using it for about 8 years and find it super easy and quick to use. They offer great training courses and are always happy to help me with any questions I have. I used other CRM systems before and really appreciate the difference. I am able to efficiently community with my database, organize my appointments and send effective emails. They offer a great template library, a calendar, and a follow-up system. I wish that I had started using it at the beginning of my career. If you are a new or experienced agent this is the perfect system for you to use. I have invited many of my friends to use Top Producer and everyone is ecstatic with the results!

Cons

When I first started using Top Producer I had many questions and through the Top Producer University and their customer service department I had all of my questions answered quickly and efficiently.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

Even though Top Producer is more expensive. It is easier to use, has great templates offers reliable and fast service and even keeps track of the emails I send through google.

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you for your feedback Renata! We appreciate being a part of your business! Free support and coaching will continue to be a focus for us !

Roz

Good Product for Transaction Mgt pay attention to the contract

The experience with Top Producer is good, the customer support is polite and helpful. Do pay attention to the contract when signing up. You can't get out of the agreement easily and if you sign up for a bundle you are in it for a 1 year contract. My recommendation would be to sign up for the basic plan see if it works for you then go on to a bundle plan. I did the reverse, and later switched companies where I didn't need the website or Market Snapshot etc and it I couldn't adjust easily I was stuck paying for it for 5 months at $114/ a month and not using it.

Pros

We had used Top Producer from 1999 to 2010 an decided to buy it again because of our past success with the transaction plans. I think Top Producer is a good suite of products for the right person. Activities management is probably the best feature. It's great to use when you have a transaction coordinator.

Cons

Learning this product is time consuming. Plan to spend the time to immerse yourself in this. I personally did not find it to be intuitive but I'm not the best at technology. I think if you are a single agent this may not be the easiest option. If you have a good administrative assistant that has the time to learn this and dig deep, I've found assistants really like the plans.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

I switched companies didn't need the entire suite I had signed up for, and wasn't able to get the pricing down to something reasonable for the basic plan.

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you for your feedback Roz! We appreciate being a part of your business! Ease of use is big focus for us in the new Top Producer? X!

Aaron

Awesome

Pros

Ease of use and functionality I have used Top producers for over 17 years is by far the easiest to use a maneuver around

Cons

No app I wish there was an app for top producer make it a little bit easier so that you don’t have to get online

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

Delta net is complicated hard to use

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you for your feedback Aaron! Have you considered adding our mobile widget? Check out this article : https://www.topproducer.com/campus/top-producer-mobile/getting-started/bookmark-tpm/ We appreciate being a part of your business!

Replied October 2020

Beth

Couldn't work without it

It is the only thing keeping me on top of things. This product allows me to set plans and then just do the tasks as they come up. It keeps my schedule, if it isn't on the schedule it doesn't get done. I couldn't do have the work I do without TP keeping me organized and on schedule. It would be impossible to juggle all my clients without this product.

Pros

This product has got all the bells and whistles. It is easy to use and as your knowledge and experience grows the product grows with you. Customer service is wonderful. Very knowledgeable and very helpful.

Cons

Doesn't show the zip code on a search result page

Reasons for choosing TOP PRODUCER

Value of services vs. cost

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

Need easier way to manage my clients and schedule

Response from Top Producer Systems

Thank you Beth for your feedback! We're happy to be a part of your business! We love to hear that you're looking for ways to target clients and segment your audience. Please contact support to see how we can help. Our next generation CRM is currently in beta, updates include streamlined functionality for targeting customers, leads or custom lists! You can check it out using your username and password here : https://CRM.topproducer.com.

Travis

Top Producer user for 11+ Years - Great All Encompassing Real Estate Database Management Tool.

Our whole database, follow up systems, listing systems, closing systems and business is in Top Producer. We use Top Producer to remind us to stay in front of our prospects and clients - and to ensure we do not drop the ball with anything. Great software at an affordable price!

Pros

The best part about Top Producer is the ability to customize the content that is within it. You are able to build your systems, action plans, listing plans, closing plans and follow up campaigns all in one spot. What I have found when working with a team of agents over the past 11 years is that when building systems, the best thing to do is to have them all in one place - Top Producer does that. You can grow your business and/or team as big as you want - Top Producer is scale-able by being able to add users (either admin or agents). Our team would be lost with out it.

Cons

Some of the content in Top Producer is a little dated or irrelevant. We use all custom content that we have built so it is really a non-issue for us.