All Typeform Reviews

Melanie Latrelle

Design, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2022

Fun way to gather client testimonials!!

I've been using Typeform for years!! I find it very easy to use and create beautiful forms and questionnaires. It is definitely at the top of its class when it comes to create fun and engaging forms. I highly recommend this tool to any business that needs to collect client feedback and wants to improve the experience and visual appearance of their forms.

PROS

I love that I can customize the colors and designs of my type forms and feedback questionnaires. I can make it match my brand colors for a cohesive client experience. Typeform is by far the best platform I've used to gather client testimonials. No one really likes filling out forms, however with Typeform it is fun to create the form and fun for clients to send feedback!! Being able to add icons, graphics, photos, etc to my forms makes it more engaging for clients and makes it more likely that they will give me the feedback I need!

CONS

The free version is great as it allows 10 questions. This can be improved because even if I add a statement /separate page and not an official question, it is still counted as a question. It would be nice to be able to add separate pages without it being a part of the 10 free questions. I would also love it to fully connect with my Honeybook CRM where I can have client feedback go from Typeform to Honeybook.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Nothing else compared to Typeform because it is easy to use and has a fun interface. Being able to make it match my brand colors and add photos and icons, makes it a joy to use and I get excited about sending my clients my Typeforms. Also, when I receive a Typeform to fill out, I'm more likely to fill it out because of the fun to use interface.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Google forms is nice as it is free, however, Typeform is so unique and I have more freedom with customization.

Ciera

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Limited but reliable and clean

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

PROS

The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

CONS

The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Much easier to use and customize on back end for quicker and less in depth projects

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Superior visually as a presentation and for users to access, complete and submit [less roadblocks in accessing survey, completing, and exporting data]

Alicia

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

Didn’t have enough flexibility for me

It initially felt like it would be a great option to me, but started to feel limiting, which led to frustration for me and giving up on trying to use it.

PROS

I liked the format used to build the form. It allowed for the format of the form to be visualized as you built it.

CONS

I didn’t like that you couldn’t really customize the form but so much while using the free option. It also didn’t feel like I was able to easily locate a of the options available to me.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Was just testing my options before making my final decision.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Was looking for something a little more robust with options to build a form.

Nicole

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Quick and Easy to collect data

Great tool and super helpful for gathering data of any kind.

PROS

It's quick and easy to set up your form, survey, or registration. The free version allows for a good amount of customization and allows for enough questions to fulfill basic needs

CONS

I wish we could pay for "per form" as well instead of the regular rate. I don't need the more detailed options as often (like conditions for example) so it would be nice to have one-off "for 1 form or 3 form" bundle options to be purchased instead of monthly/yearly subscriptions.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

curiosity and to try a different platform

Atour

Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Superb selection of templates and integrations.

Because of its sophisticated branching and conditional logic, I can design customized routes for responders.

PROS

With Typeform's user-friendly drag-and-drop builder, anyone can easily design visually attractive surveys and forms. With so many pre-made templates at my disposal, I can get started right away and customize each form to meet our unique requirements. I can keep our forms looking professional and match our organization's identity using our custom branding options.

CONS

The cost is somewhat exorbitant. The responses received from the customer service staff could be better.

Reason for choosing Typeform

The ease of integration of Typeform with well-known third-party applications improves productivity.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Although sometimes challenging to utilize, generally simple to figure out.

Azizur

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Data collection & management made simpler by Typeform's integration with a number of other apps.

To monitor performance and make adjustments, Typeform offers comprehensive data on form submissions. This information can be used to determine how many people filled out the form, how they responded to the questions, and how long it took them to finish.

PROS

Even those without prior technological knowledge can utilize Typeform with ease. The built-in templates can be utilized to jump right into creating and customizing forms thanks to the drag-and-drop interface.Typeforms can increase response rates because they are visually appealing and engaging. Forms can be made more engaging and interactive by using graphics, videos, and animations.The development of new products, marketing initiatives, and customer service can all be enhanced using this data.

CONS

It costs money to use Typeform. The premium plan costs $99 per month and the basic plan starts at $15.Few customization options are available with Typeform. Businesses who need to design forms that adhere to strict branding guidelines may run into trouble because of this.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Businesses who need to design aesthetically beautiful and engaging forms might consider Typeform. It is simple to use, provides in-depth analytics, and interfaces with many different other programs.

Nika

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

TF is the best pal for collecting responses

Overall, TF is my go-to tool when I need to collect any kind of answers. My clients also ended up using it after my recommendation...

PROS

I enjoy that TF lets me customize my forms to detail (also in other languages). The user interface is straight-forward, easy to understand from the beginning. That I can easily integrate with other tools I use.

CONS

Definitely the price and how slow it is on loading. I didn't know that I had to set up the integration with Notion before receiving answers...

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Google forms is not customizable (or very little), has obsolete feeling to it and is very boring.

Jake

Computer Software, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed September 2023

Modern style and customisable questions, but not very brand customisable

Overall, I love Typeform - especially it's main style and the templates. It does so much that's so useful, and it's definitely mainly a good experience. If I had to choose all over again which product I use, I would choose Typeform again for sure.

PROS

The default (and only) style is modern and looks great, and there are a huge range of options for the question and response types. There are a huge amount of great templates, which make it very quick to create a still detailed form.

CONS

There's a lack of brand customisation, so you can't match the form to your brand's style. This makes it look less native if you embed it into your application or website. Also, while the stats are mostly alright, they lack a feature that Jotform has that I love - turning all your statistics into a presentation automatically.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

So I initially used Google forms, from which I switched to Typeform, and then I tried out Jotform. I did switch back to Typeform, however.I switched to Typeform from Google Forms because Google Forms simply doesn't look as good as Typeform does, and it's a lot less customisable in terms of the types of questions and fields.

Jared

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Modern, Smart Form Builder!

Typeform allows us to learn more about new customers about to start the onboarding process while also saving us time by collecting the info we need from them using their logic jumps.

PROS

Typeform has developed a tool with not only a modern, engaging design, but also extremely powerful. You can create a map of logic jumps depending on answers submitted by the registrant.

CONS

Typeform can be a bit complex to use and it's hard to tell if something has saved automatically or not.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Logic jumps plus we already had an account with Typeform for another department.

Filip

Higher Education, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2023

Beautiful form creation tool for all purposes

Simple to use and easy to start working with surveys. Logic option gives you another dimension for feedback.

PROS

Beautiful design of forms can help get an attention from respondents. Great tamplates to start from begining.

CONS

Price plans are to high for small teams.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Still using SurveyMonkey for some type of surveys.

Nadia

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Beautiful, online forms in a highly user-friendly format

Typeform has allowed me to present beautiful surveys to my clients so they can share their thoughts, opinions and needs. It's pleasant to use, both for me and for my clients, and it's fun and fresh in the design and style. I have also been able to get further insight into the data collected thanks to the Typeform analytics dashboard. It's great to have a tool I can use when I need to rapidly create and publish a survey and engage my customers in completing it! I can rely on its well-thought out features and analytics tools.

PROS

I love how the forms work for the user: they're original, nice looking and highly functional. When someone fills out your questionnaire, they see each question individually. Once they answer it, they hit "enter" and they see the next question. The forms are very nice looking, with a good color scheme and font--it's definitely eye-catching and helps the user to focus on the question on the screen. Typeform looks professional and is an excellent way to gather information from your clients or anyone else you need to survey. It's also easy to create the survey itself and equally intuitive with its drag and drop style. The one-question-at-a-time format also helps to increase the number of completed forms, as it's not overwhelming, like a page of questions might be.

CONS

The price is reasonable but definitely adds another cost to your business for a single service that could be replaced by a free product. It is, however, worth the price if you regularly use surveys in your business. For those who'd like to add a logo or other additional business-specific designs, Google Forms would be a better bet as Typeform's branding possibilities are minimal. For my business I think Typeform is ideal, presentation-wise, but I have thought about how it might look less professional depending on whom I'm surveying (for example, very formal or traditional clients).

Reason for choosing Typeform

The look of Survey Monkey is not as modern and timeless. It's also a little clunkier to use and re-organize surveys. Overall, Typeform is much more functional for entrepreneurs, particularly thanks to its powerhouse analytics tools. In that regard, Survey Monkey cannot compete, and this was the main reason I chose Typeform over Survey Monkey.

Pius

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Typeform

Typeforms are awesome! It's been really easy to use from the start and is extremely reliable when it comes to third-party integrations working smoothly without regular errors. It's easy to collaborate and manage with fellow team members and as a team, we love it. It has its shortcomings but with a few improvisations of extra fields and third-party integrations here and there, you can get the best out of Typeforms.

PROS

What I like most is the opportunity to extremely personalize forms. You can do this with the data the user has just filled in or with data you have coming with from third-party apps, in my case Airtable. This gives you an opportunity to connect better with your lead and get a higher form completion rate.

CONS

Typeform needs to expand its integration with Airtable. You can create forms within Typeforms from tables on AIrtable but it has shortcomings for me. I have my data stored in Airtable but it's not possible to bring all multi-select field types or linked records when creating a form. I can easily export the responses to Airtable and add missing records later, manually, but It would be much better if I could have all fields on the form as it is on Airtbale with linked records. Also, it's sustainable to keep doing this manually if you collect a lot of data.

Reason for choosing Typeform

The conditional logic offered in Typeforms helps create better converting forms.

Dave

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Top of class Form & Survey Tool

Working with Typeform has been a joy. The fact that it integrates with just about every other tool under the sun (either through direct integration or via Zapier), really allows you to streamline your processes.

PROS

Typeform is a really solid product with a great team behind it. The admin panel is very intuitive and easy to use. Even if you’re new to a tool like this, you can get up and running fairly quickly. I also love the ability to create conversational forms that allow users to focus on a single question at a time. This is a way better approach that shoving a ton of questions in front of someone at once.

CONS

Overall Typeform is an incredible product. My only concern is their pricing.. Its fairly expensive for a form tool.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Again, I have to go with the amount of integrations. There are several other tools that offer a similar experience to Typeform, but nothing comes close to the amount of integrations Typeform has access to.

Tommy

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Typeform is top tier!

Typeform allows me to create forms that help engage and support my old and new customers that are looking to get more information or inquire about doing business. Overall, the experience has been great and I look forward to continue utilizing this great software to stand out from my competition and create a unique customer experience.

PROS

What I like most about this software is its intuitive ease of use and customizability. Typeform allows you to create stunning forms that engage your audience all while collecting important data to improve service.

CONS

Typeform does not have many cons, my least favorite feature is that ultimate features are unlocked with a higher paying plan, but that's not that bad.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Typeform made collecting data fun and engaging for potential clients in a way that google forms did not. Also the integration to put a type form anywhere (website, email, etc,) was so easy.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Typeform presentation was more customizable and gave my forms a much more polished and tailored feel.

Ed

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Elegant survey solution that just flows one question at a time

Great app, positive experience

PROS

Ability to seamlessly conduct a survey, one question at a time

CONS

Support was slow getting back to me on questions and still got me the answers

Reason for choosing Typeform

Elegance and flow of surveys using single question pages

Functionality, integrations and price

Aimee

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Lost access to years worth of data without warning.

Using Typeform taught me that you can pay every month for a service and they have the right to change the terms of the service agreement and you can lose access to data that you’ve collected over years. For a long time I felt scammed by this situation. Now, I know that it was my own fault and you can’t trust a software company with your data. You either need to have it backed up or have it on a platform that emails you records of all the data. I currently use Airtable and every single form that is completed I’ll get an email with a full record of everything that was submitted in the form. This means that even if for whatever reason I lost my data I would still have all of my information backed up in my email.

PROS

In the beginning I really loved the software because it was so simple and beautifully laid out. I loved the design of it and I loved that my students and customers would only have one question of time that they were looking at when they were completing the form. It seem to really streamline the form process.

CONS

I used this software for three or four years and had collected hundreds of testimonials and data from my customers inside of the forms. Then one day without any advance notice I lost access to 10+ forms - specifically I lost access to the forms that had the most data collected. I didn’t receive any notice or opportunity to download my data or take screenshots of it before I lost access. The only way that I could regain it was if I paid 10 times more that I was currently paying. For this reason I will never use Typeform again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Stephanie

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2023

As far as I'm concerned, Typeform is the ultimate tool for surveys.

Typeform is our team's go-to platform for creating customer surveys. The intuitive interface, conversational survey design, and customizable options have made it a top choice. Thanks to these features, our target survey respondents find our surveys engaging and easy to use.

PROS

I find Typeform's interface to be incredibly user-friendly, which adds to the visually appealing design of their surveys, forms, and quizzes. One of the standout features of Typeform for me is its conversational approach to survey design. By presenting survey questions one at a time, in a chat-like format, Typeform creates a more engaging and interactive experience for respondents. This unique presentation style has consistently led to higher response rates in our Typeform survey campaigns.

CONS

From my experience as a Typeform user, I have not encountered any shortcomings with the platform. The combination of its user-friendly interface and conversational approach to survey questions make it an excellent choice for my survey campaigns. I highly recommend Typeform as a scalable and reliable survey-making platform to anyone looking for the best features for their surveys.

Jamie