Wix

Wix Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The customer supports from Wix is really good and I noted Wix getting better progress with the time."
  • icon"We've easily integrated a google calendar into our page, which has been helpful for our neighbors. One of my other favorite features is the ability to uniquely edit the mobile version of the site."
  • icon"It's easy to use, easy to onboard, offers a ton of templates and features, great customer support, and amazing documentation."
  • icon"The main issue I have with Wix is the price when compared to other Web hosts out there. The contract also auto renews without warning, which is very frustrating."
  • icon"What I dislike most about Wix is that it seems to be missing a few features that other website building softwares offer."
  • icon"The main disappointment for me with this software is that it's limited as to customization."

Browse all Wix Reviews

• Have you used Wix and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 9,022 reviews

Jimmie

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

June 2022

Wix is trix!

Noman

October 2022

Website Building was never this easy! My team loves it.

Wix is a simple and quick website builder that helps you create aesthetically appealing landing pages and web pages. You can start your website from scratch and get it ready in no time. Wix has been a savior for all eCommerce businesses and small businesses as they can now build their website with a few clicks with no prior coding knowledge.

Pros

Wix is a great content management system that helps build amazing websites and landing pages within no time. The features of this tool are very simple but unique as it gives you templates that can be used and customized with just a few clicks. The quality of the landing pages and web pages built with Wix are great and give a professional feel and touch.

Cons

The pricing for hosting and domain is high on Wix. Also, the controls to customize are lesser when compared to WordPress. Their support is quick and helpful.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Templates and themes are better on Wix.

Robinson

Industry: Individual & Family Services

August 2022

Make the Website of your dream, quick and easy to handle and of high quality presentation.

I use it daily and am satisfied with it. Really simple to handle. Just a little too expensive... But the quality is there

Pros

Affordable to eventually realize the website of your dreams. Easy and quick to learn, A little expensive to get the domain name and SEO but very good and of a very high quality of presentation, any layout and total freedom of design and arrangement, all the functionalities of a commercial site can be set up.

Cons

It'sz a bit too much Expensive. The subscription is not given and of course all the important functionalities are paying. But I would say it's worth it, even for the quality offered. And we are really taken by the hand so for any beginner who would like to create his website this is a good solution.

Reasons for choosing Wix

It seems easier to use. But I haven't tried any others. So I can't really say, it was an instinctive choice. I don't know if it's the best but hey...

Katya

November 2022

Highly customizable and intuitive UI

Wix was quick and easy to learn and I would recommend it for small to medium sized companies that want to have an online presence but don't want to spend time on the developer side of making a complex website.

Pros

Wix has the customization options that many website builders do not have. Learning curve was pretty low and we were able to create a fully functioning basic website in under a day. It is very user friendly.

Cons

I would have preferred to have more control over the aesthetic of the website, and a downside is that if you are switching to a new template, you have to redesign your entire site.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wordpress is more customizable, but has a much larger learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wix has many more customization options and allowed us to make a more unique looking website with more functionalities.

Lena

Industry: Veterinary

October 2022

I like Wix but it is limited

Overall Wix is great for building a basic site without knowing anything about coding. The templates and plugins are well designed and help save time. You are able to customize the templates, but it is only to a basic extent. Advanced editing isn’t available. The plugins can be a bit hard to install sometimes but they have a lot to choose from. My biggest complaint is that they hold your content hostage to their domain unless you pay a subscription. For this reason, I wouldn’t recommend Wix.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create and build a website. The templates save so much time.

Cons

I don’t like how I feel my content isn’t truly mine. I can not attach it to my domain without paying a subscription.

Reasons for choosing Wix

The features seemed easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I was looking for a more efficient option.

Brian

August 2022

Stay away. Reverse learning curve is enticing, and approachability will draw you in. Look elsewhere.

I needed to create a website for my business, and Wix seemed easy and straightforward. I quickly realized it WAS too good to be true.

Pros

It seemed very user-friendly at first. However, once you get confused or stuck on any one thing, you're pretty much stuck all alone.

Cons

Literally everything after the first couple hours. Not extensive enough, not nearly close to adequate support, and they own all of your IP on the platform. Unless you pay subscription fees for life, they own your domain and all you designs.

Reasons for choosing Wix

It seemed cheaper and more simplistic. That is the draw, though. They entice uninitiated rookies to take on their platform, and by the time they amass enough knowledge to know better, the user has already invested so much time and effort into something that WIX will never release.

Jyoti

Reliable and Relatively User-Friendly

Overall Wix has been a great asset. I went from using an expensive website designer to doing it all myself. Wix has been very reliable.

Pros

Wix fairly easy to use, although there is a bit of a learning curve. It just takes time, so as long as you are willing to put the hours in, you can come up with a really good website design. It's well worth watching the Wix tutorials. They are well put together and easy to understand. Wix also does online classes covering various areas. I don't find these as useful. The presenters are obviously experts but are not necessarily great teachers. Mostly I find they try to include far too much information and deliver it too quickly. Wix has a large range of good, modern designs, with inbuilt SEO options that make building your own website pretty easy. I also like that there is an inbuilt mobile website version which you can preview as you go along.

Cons

Wix also does online classes covering various areas. I don't find these particularly useful. The presenters are obviously experts but are not necessarily great teachers. Mostly I find they try to include far too much information and deliver it too quickly. Customer service is very response and has helped on a couple of occasions to quickly resolve an issue with the website's function. It does have some glitchy areas in the website builder, but I think if you follow the tutorials and use the recommended browsers they are less likely to be bothersome.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I found Wix to be the easiest out of all the products I tried out.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I wanted to be in control of making changes to my website instead of waiting till my designer has availability in their schedule. It's important for me to be able to tweak things as I go. It's also a far less expensive option for my small business.

shakeel

July 2022

Wix: world easiest drag-drop website builder

My overall experience with Wix has been positive. My expertise in website building is limited, but Wix made it easy for me. There are a lot of features I love about Wix, including e-commerce, multiple payment gateways integrations, and automation emails.

Pros

Wix is best tool for quick starting web designing without coding. If you are an entrepreneur or a small business owner, you can build a website on a budget. Wix also offers paid and free plans with a lot of feathers, built-in templates, and SEO tools. There are all the features you need to build a simple, customizable, and pleasing website at first glance with this tool. Probably, the biggest reason people prefer Wix is the speed at which they can build a website and the ease at which they can update it.

Cons

Compared to other platforms, Wix websites can sometimes appear less professional. Your website's user experience will be diminished when you build it with a DIY site builder, which can lead to lost customers and revenue. It is not good to use the free version of this platform because it contains a watermark.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I was looking for something simple and fast at the time, and Wix provided exactly that. It was less expensive and more customizable.

Caitlyn

October 2022

Wix is the perfect website management platform training wheels

The platform was great at first, when I was just starting out. However, when I moved up to using the paid plan, it didn't really seem to improve from being the basic package it was to begin with. All of the supposedly upgraded features only basically worked. My site still looked as one customer described it, "Super Hacky." Enabling multiple sections, posting videos, and having large amounts of people in the forums at once caused the site to lag. There was issues with overall design management capabilities of the site. However, I would still recommend it to someone who was looking for something they could use as a one page, landing page, blog and maybe integrate their merch store. Other than that, if you are looking for something that you can use for a more professional website hosting platform, I would choose something else that is more capable of handling something large scale.I would also recommend, if you are going to use it for a landing page or a blog, do not enable the ability for people to become members of your site. The reason for this is, there is a significant problem with spammers and scammers creating membership accounts and flooding your inbox. Then, when you try to delete and block these users from making accounts, it is made extremely difficult. Finally, when you try to get a hold of support to help you solve the problem, you are not able to get into contact with an actual person to help you.

Pros

It is great for anyone who needs to get experience managing a website for their small business. It is also great for someone who is just looking for a basic landing page sort of platform for their blog.

Cons

The biggest issue I have is the fact that it is very difficult to block bot accounts and scammers and spammers from becoming members of your site and filling the inbox with spam. I contacted support several times about solving this problem and since support is not run by an actual person and is completely automated, it seems, I was able to get no help.The other issue was the fact it kept trying to give me options for "my restaurant," even though I filled out the questionnaire and was clearly set up as a publisher/entertainment company.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I watched a demo and was led to believe it would be a better fit for the kind of business I was running.

Kaya

Wix is a game changer!

I made this website instead of coding it and it was a game changer! i did everything within a day and it looked amazing!

Pros

I loved how easy and simple wix is to use especially for a first time userI made a website from scratch within a few hours!The website is a game changer

Cons

I wish it was totally free but it still is good for the price point

Reasons for choosing Wix

It was too costly and time consuming and you need high expertise

Reasons for switching to Wix

It was too complicated and time consuming

November 2022

Wix Made Me a Designer

Love Wix! It totally changed my range of products to help my clients!

Pros

I used to use Wordpress for web design and I am glad to say that Wix has saved me so much time! I am able to create sites in weeks rather than months! As a freelance web designer with NO experience in HTML, I can create beautiful, functional sites for my clients with the skills I have

Cons

The Wix ADI is very complicated to use if you choose that option from the start

Reasons for switching to Wix

I didn't feel like they offered enough templates!

Abhinav

Wix - One of the best website builders out there

Website building and management have been made extremely simple by Wix. The way the tool functions and lets you analyse data is critical for any business. The user doesn't have to worry about being on their toes to keep the website up and running.

Pros

The ease of use and the multitude of features that the tool provides. It is extremely simple to build a website using Wix and it can cater to any kind of business category. No matter if you're a small business owner or a large company wanting to build a quick website, Wix has a variety of templates that can be used to build the right kind of website.

Cons

The pricing. Currently, the website building category is saturated with a lot of players and all of them have competitive pricing compared to Wix. If the software reduces the pricing slightly, it will be the leader of the pack.

Reasons for switching to Wix

The options for templates for a website at GoDaddy are very limited. While a novice user might profit from GoDaddy, it comes with tons of limitations as well. Hence, we made the switch to Wix

June 2022

Great application

My overall experience with wix is one of learning, discovery, growth, and enjoyment.

Pros

I really like the flexibility that wix offers me as a designer. I'm able to design every single aspect of the my websites either from scratch or from a template. The interface is intuitive and is packed full of useful features. Being able to add widgets and my own html code makes my sites truly unique to me and allows me to embed flexibility and functionality into the designs.

Cons

Because of the complexity of the tool is can often use a lot of resources.

Reasons for choosing Wix

The ease of managing the website designs and the speed of building the website and publishing them.

Jasmine

Industry: Cosmetics

Wix for Small Business

All in all, I'd say Wix is a great program to use to build websites on. It's very "user friendly."

Pros

What I like most about Wix is that you can build a website and then use apps to enhance the design and experience of your website.

Cons

What I like least about WIX is that they upsell a lot.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I chose Wix over GoDaddy because Wix seemed like an easier website building platform to navigate and they also offer more support.

Giuseppe

Industry: Philanthropy

Versatile, ma impegnativo

Abbiamo realizzato un sito web in men che non si dica, ma poi eravamo abbastanza ingessati. Serve l'intervento di un tecnico esterno.

Pros

Il prodotto permette una ampia personalizzazione dei servizi offerti, ma occorre un livello di preparazione più che avanzato per realizzarne appieno le potenzialità.

Cons

Non sono riuscito a pubblicizzarlo al meglio e il RSVP resta sempre

Reasons for choosing Wix

Perché è ben pubblicizzato ed ha un'ottima assistenza

Richard

Wix Website Designer

I first tried another web design software that the church used and did not find it user friendly as Wix is.

Pros

Pre-made editable templates that are professional in appearance for a novice website builder.

Cons

Uploading spreadsheets of weekly schedules

Reasons for switching to Wix

I did not find it nearly as user friendly as Wix.

Jobin

August 2022

Wix Review: Is it Really Good?

Pros

Among many site builder software available, Wix distinguishes itself from others since it offers a wide variety of user friendly tools to customers. Among the many advantages of the software following are the most attractive. 1. The design templates available are upgraded and with the drag-drop options any one can create a website within a short span of time. 2. User friendly interface of wix offers different tools to create, manage and update websites and its content. 3. We can add animations for texts as well as for other elements in a flexible user interface. 4. There are a number of website apps that the user can add to the website using the App market tool. 5. Built in SEO management makes it easy for the user to market products and services. 6. Flexible payment plans. 7. Free logo maker tool and free https. 8. Customer support is excellent.

Cons

Even though Wix is among one among the best of its kind, there are some areas in which they can really make improvements which would enhance user experience and the quality of service provided. 1. Ads are a major problem for users using the free and connect domain plans. The Wix banner is also a hassle. 2. Even though Wix offers a smart assistant to build websites through Artificial Design Intelligence, a major drawback is that its not available to all types of projects. 3. Lack of a unlimited plan and the need to have a paid plan for tracking and analytics are among the things that need some improvement. 4. If you wish to go for a redesigning, no option is available to change the template already chosen.

Reasons for switching to Wix

As a person having less knowledge in coding, WordPress seemed so complex with its complicated tools in designing websites. On the contrary Wix seemed a good choice since less coding and web designing experience is needed to build a website from scratch.

Geoffrey