What are WordStream Advisor users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using WordStream Advisor software through verified user reviews

• icon"The 20 Minute Work Week is awesome to keep my campaigns fresh, and the dashboard is easy to navigate."
  • icon"The ease of use when it comes to optimizing paid ads is great in this app, Wordstream assists hugely with the technical side of things. And great client support."
  • icon"The tool is easy, and the environment is comfortable and unassuming; their support and training team is wonderful - that's the best part."
  • icon"It's hard to figure out all the ins and outs of what it does and doesn't do. So that can be rough to get your arms around."

Browse all WordStream Advisor Reviews

• Have you used WordStream Advisor and would like to share your experience with others?

Subash

Perfect For Managing PPC Campaigns at Scale

One stop shop for managing PPC to save time & make more money.

Pros

Wordstream handles the large PPC channels like Google AdWords, Microsoft Bing and Facebook advertising campaigns. This is a big advantage as you don't need to use multiple tools to handle ad campaigns on different PPC channels. Wordstream helps you automate the PPC management process and employs machine learning / AI helps you analyse the campaign data quickly & feed you with actionable one-click fixes or optimizations. this reduces the time taken in mundane data crunching and optimization of campaigns - this frees up more space for strategic thinking on the campaigns.

Cons

It's too expensive, to begin with - way out of the league of small businesses and agencies. The business needs to be highly profitable or you should be running an agency that charges well. Another drawback is that it is not for beginners - you need to know PPC and each of the channels in great detail to make use of the platform to make your PPC process efficient and profitable. Also, the tool can other channels like Linkedin, etc - which is an important channel today. I haven't taken the help of the Experts & paid more - can't comment on that part.

Ellen

A very user-friendly tool, with plenty of troubleshooting content & A+ customer support

Pros

I want to say everything. I was very new to PPC when our company signed on with WordStream, but the tool makes it so simple to just plug in and go. That, combined with a very knowledgeable customer support rep, makes planning a PPC campaign a lot easier. I've been able to see where we were overspending and I've been able to really optimize to drive traffic/ get our customers quality leads. WordStream has saved me so much time so far and I believe our clients will continue to see the value it provides.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. Everything on the backend is never pushed lived until you actually click the button to push it live. I will build out a full campaign and then completely forget to push the button. It'd be cool if there was a pop-up reminder or something along those lines.

Warning to Ad Agencies Using this Product

Warning to Ad Agencies that use the "Free Grader" provided by wordstream.. They will use this tool to call and steal your Clients. It has now happened to me three times. The last time I used the grader, I put my info in as an agency. I even put in the comments "DO NOT CALL MY CLIENT". Within a few days customer service rep called me three times and my Client three times. They even called my agency partners. He left voicemails to my client saying the account was being mismanaged and to call him directly. He was trying to sell them their tool and managed PPC service. He also called one of my agency partners and did the same thing. My client was baffled, their results have skyrocketed since we took over the account and they are extremely happy. Their cost per sale was cut in half with us. Yet he told them we didn't know what we are doing. (I have been managing PPC since 2007, with millions managed) To make matters worse, Wordstream has now done this with three different clients, over two years. The first time they said was an honest mistake, second time I contacted them again and they promised it would not happen again. Now here we are with the third salesperson doing exactly the same thing. They say they don't train their salespeople to do this, yet three different people did it within two years. Hard to say this is a rogue salesperson when three different people did this. I used the "Free" grader three times and they called my clients three times. That

Pros

Its good for people who have zero experience with PPC management. However most of the features they promote are outdated or useless. Google will give you the exact same advice in their Recommendation sections . Before Google released Rec's, this product was way more useful. Now you can get the exact same info right in Google. Making this tool necessary.

Cons

Most of the recommendations do little to actually help the account. They spread out basic advice that is

Reasons for choosing WordStream Advisor

At the time, it seemed like a better product. However now optmyer is much more advanced and will actually help manage your acct. Wordtream advice is almost useless.

Justin

Wordstream - Paid Ad Software Done Right

Overall, our experience working with Wordstream has been very positive. The platform itself is very very good, and the team that supports your use of the software and overall advertising goals is really best in class.

Pros

The thing I like the most about Wordstream is two-fold. First, their customer service and support are topnotch. Additionally, the Workbench inside of the software itself makes it super easy to review and work on multiple campaigns across different channels all from one space. Ultra convenient, and ultra effective.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that it forces customers to manually sync up any changes to ad accounts to make them live. A way to auto-update at certain intervals or add an option to select whether or not this occurs would be helpful. For example, let's say you spend a bunch of time working on campaign optimization tasks in Wordstream, and then forgot to hit the push to live button, then you could potentially miss out on the benefits those optimizations could provide because you forgot to sync platforms. Now, it's a pretty easy fix to make sure this function is part of the overall account management workflow, but still worth mentioning.

WordStream Advisor will really help you dial in your Google pay per click marketing campaigns!

1st off Wordstream advisor saves me and my team a ton of time trying to figure out how to optimize our PPC campaigns. We manage multiple PPC campaigns for small business owners (we are an agency) and any tool that saves us time which saves us money, and we appreciate that. We will use this software as long as we manage PPC campaigns. It is a no-brainer. My team & I are very skeptical with any software that we purchase and use, having been burned numerous times by over-hyped promises on software. To be honest, I can't really find anything that I dislike about WordStream Advisor. It does it's job, is easy to use & saves me and my clients money and headaches.

Pros

Once you have your basic PPC campaign(s) setup, WordStream Advisor will analyze everything and then make suggestions for budget changes, ad changes, keyword changes, ad set splitting and most importantly, negative keywords, on a weekly basis. You can then review their suggestions and accept them or not. Two big things that I have noticed is my "Google ad quality score" has risen across all my ads and my actual cost per click has decreased as well. This software is very easy to use and also will work with your Bing and Facebook ads too. You really can't go wrong with this software if you run PPC ads on Google.

Adam

Glad I Invested In This Tool

Pros

As a one-person marketing agency, I always envisioned harnessing a software that allowed me to get into the weeds of my client's adwords accounts easily, keep me updated on their budgets, and allow me to do audits and account re-structures quickly. WordStream is just that. I love the 20 minute work week, as it allows my to get all my account maintenance out of the way for the week on Sunday/Monday and I have the rest of the week free for meetings, building new campaigns and anything else that pop's up mid-week. It's also made upsells to clients on Facebook ads very easy as the integration is very simple/easy.

Cons

I mean, it's not perfect. There's some work flows that you need to get used to, but in the end I feel like I've gotten more than fair value for my subscription fee.

Marshall

Powerful Tool, Great Support

I am able to manage dozens of AdWords accounts and get insights quickly.

Pros

The ability to manage dozens of Adwords tasks, get intelligence, and actionable items in just a few minutes are very good. Making rapid-fire changes to accounts is easy. The features and interface are always evolving.

Cons

I'm not a fan of their Facebook Ads management as I am a more advanced marketing person but the insights they provide on ads I make with other tools are good.

Obedience

Wordstream is an adaptable instrument to utilize and learn as you go.

Because of the instrument. We can check and deal with all our present missions relying upon the online media channels. Another beneficial thing is the advertising dashboard where we can set the target per crusade.

Pros

Incredible is the customization and every one of the opportunities for advancement and programmed transformation to all current web-based media channels. I additionally like the shrewd element to pre-plan our missions. It is additionally simple to utilize.

Cons

Not all the suggestion are helpful. I would say that a large portion of them and their cost is high. I think about this one made for medium and huge organizations

Ryan

A marketing guide for novice marketers.

WordStream offers a great solution for small business owners who are just starting out with paid advertising and need some expert guidance. As you learn and grow, however, paying a professional will be worth it.

Pros

WordStream was super easy. Log in, do what it says. If I recall, you could even integrate it with your Google Ads account and apply changes automatically. The recommended changes were decent, especially compared to many of Google's recommendations.

Cons

If you accept every recommended change, as is the case with Google's recommendations, you will waste a lot of money and see a decrease in performance. It's better than managing ads with no guidance and no experience, but take the recommendations with a grain of salt.

Interesting software - even better support!

Overall, it is a great product/ service and I would recommend it to anyone just getting started with running Google Ads.

Pros

While I found the software helpful, I actually received the most help through their support team. They have an option to hire their team for a couple of hours each month and our organization chose to do this for while. It was extremely helpful.

Cons

I did not find their software to provide many insights beyond what Google Ads already provides, but they do have some useful features.

Brian

Industry: Security and Investigations

One of the best experiences I have ever had. I am truly grateful for everything that I have learned

Simply put I got a crash course on how to use google adwords without having to take college classes. Money well spent!

Pros

I new very little about Googles adwords and after about 4 months of trying it on my own I new I was going to need some help. I needed to turn our eCommerce sales around much faster than I myself could do. So I did some research online and came across Wordstream. I did the free trial and quickly realized this is exactly what I was looking for, it could split my keywords, show me the best keywords, what keywords where good for my ad and not good for my ad, it showed me what ads needed work, where I was spending to much money, where I wasn't spending enough money and so forth. Now 4 months later i have tripled my eCommerce sites sales, no joke! I never went to school for adwords, I new nothing about adwords when I took over this project in September of 2016. I even get my own account rep that will answer any questions I have, and believe me I had hundreds. Alasdair Johnstone was able to provide me the type of support I required and he was quick about it. Knowing that I had that support I required really gave me the confidence to tackle this project 120 percent. I have monthly meetings with Ali and he goes through my entire account teaching me new techniques each and every time, he sends me an email explaining everything we did so I have a reference on how to do it on my own. I have yet to be steered in a direction I feel uncomfortable with. I cant thank the Wordstream team enough and my rep Alasdair Johnstone enough.

Cons

Gotta get the Facebook add portion of Wordstream to work with the Instagram option that Facebook provides! Missing out on potential impressions and sales, plus it causes an error anytime you try and post your add to Facebook. I have to create my adds in Facebook then import them into Wordstream =/

Brent

Powerful PPC tool with high cost, aggressive sales team

Wordstream is a tool I want to use, and a tool that I understand the need for. But it doesn't come cheap AT ALL. And if you decide you just want to use their free resources, they will annoy you with sales emails and calls. It is very unfortunate because the tool itself is powerful, even if the interface could use a refresh.

Pros

Wordstream is a tool that is probably more powerful than most other tools in their space. Managing PPC ads is a very difficult and time-consuming task, and Wordstream does a decent job of helping you save that time. The features are powerful and there is a little artificial intelligence there as well to help you make better decisions, and even automatically manage certain aspects of your campaigns for you (if you actually want that, which is not always a good thing).

Cons

I found myself frustrated with the interface when I tried Wordstream. They have improved it over time, but it's just not as smooth as it could be. But probably even more frustrating is the sales team. If you visit their site and want to try their software, or even use their FREE tools, you will instantly get a call from a salesperson, and an email, and another call a couple of days later, and 5 more emails that week, etc. And if you visit their site again after telling their salesperson to leave you alone? Yep, they will start all over again and keep contacting you. And when they DO get you on the phone, they will keep telling you about "another option" each time you say no, and try to sell you on lots of different payment options, and they won't let go easily. It reminded me of timeshare salesmen. They really need to lighten up on that tactic.

Dennis

Easy to use software to streamline the search ads efforts

A more pro-active workflow for smaller clients without blowing up the budget for managing them. Also a great environment for starting specialists to get to know adwords and how to focus on cutting costs and lowering CPA's.

Pros

The 20 minute workweek is helpful to get things going. The dashboard gives a nice overview of where things are headed. And the GUI is helpful because of the presentation of data. It's simple and has no clutter, where as Google is going in the opposite direction. Wordstream is extremely useful when optimising for clients with smaller budgets, but still need incremental improvements with only a small amount of time. Also - Wordstream is ideal for new colleagues to get the hang of doing AdWords. So, it's also some sort of e-learning environment. The focus on cutting costs and improving quality scores and CPA's is great. It's real easy to add negatives from the Query Stream to multiple ad groups at once. The software comes with some nifty features to easily see improvements that can be made. Finally, Wordstream is very actively improving the software and adding features on a almost weekly basis! It's moving towards display and social advertising more, which is important!

Cons

The 20 minute workweek becomes less helpful when optimising bigger, complex campaigns or already tightly managed campaigns at this moment. I also miss the option to segment data by conversion type for example. Or the compare different periods other than on the dashboard. So in some cases I need to go back to the Adwords GUI for that. Maybe Wordstream could add more features or specific reports to focus more on things that matter most when lowering CPA, cost in general or improving CTR.

Kate

Essentail software for my independent digital marketing consultancy

I am I one person shop for digital marketing services. A major part of my business is digital media planning, setup and management. Wordstream makes the management and reporting of my client's Google, Bing, and Facebook ads campaigns much easier.

Pros

I really like the 20 minute week feature. It's not telling you anything you couldn't already do in Adwords pretty easily but the interface, process, and routine of the tool ensures that I never skip over the weekly basics needed for management of a paid search campaign.

Cons

The reporting feature use to have some more predictive narrative text that they've done away with and I really miss that - even though the copy wasn't always super informative, it was always a quick cut/copy/paste into a client report when introducing some data. There are some inconsistencies with the reporting when you create a certain FB or Google campaign type in FB or Google (rather than creating them IN Wordstream) - which can be frustrating because there isn't any warning on the WS end that the data might be inconsistent.

Sara

Thank You for FINALLY making my AdWords account work for my business!

I started with Google Adwords in September 2016 with the highly competitive market of online floral orders. After multiple calls with the Google Adwords Advisors, I found out that they had set up the account incorrectly, and with their mistakes, I was spending thousands of dollars with no results. I had been following Wordstream through Facebook, as we set up the account, and found their webinars and blog postings were more helpful than anything I found through Google itself. In December 2016, I took the plunge and called Wordstream for help. As a small business, paying for their services seemed like a stretch for my already overspent advertising budget. However, in only a few minutes of the intro call, I knew I had to make the change. Within weeks of signing up with Wordstream, and working with my rep, Betsy, doing all my 'homework' and generally watching the account more carefully, and better informed, I saw instant increases in our online sales. This February, we had a record year in online sales and continue this growth month after month. I have already started working with my second business to create Google Ads to increase its online bookings, with the help of Wordstream. For anyone considering this, I would say, go for it! You will thank yourself over and over again. As a small business, I know we wouldn't be where we are now, without their ongoing support and assistance.

Pros

How simple it makes Google Adwords. For a system that should be easy for a business owner to use, Adwords is overwhelming. Wordstream's software is easy to navigate, changes are simple to make, improvements to your ads are done, step-by-step, often better and quicker than ever possible through Google itself.

Cons

There a lot of great functions within the system, however, without someone helping you find them, they can be lost on the average user. That said, with counselling, you will find these tools invaluable, once they are explained.

Wordstream allows us to navigate complex PPC layouts quickly

Wordstream allows my team to quickly plan, execute and manage PPC campaigns. From simple Facebook promotions to complex A/B testing Google AdWords campaigns, it's easy with Wordstream.

Pros

The 20 minute work week has made my time navigating PPC menus infinitely more impactful. The Wordstream software allows me to optimize, add or delete features from each individual campaign quickly and efficiently. I enjoy that Wordstream has the tools needed for not only Google's PPC but Bing and Facebook as well. This allows you to consolidate not only the campaign details but budgeting as well. Setting up complex campaigns such as A/B testing, geotargeting and different landing pages is easy with Wordstream. This is normally a long and tedious process when done within the PPC providers built-in application.

Cons

The only negative I can think of is the lack of support for other platforms. Most marketers stick to Google and Facebook so most other platforms are generally a waste of time so this isn't a huge issue.

We use it for Bing and Google ads. It helps to keep the week to week upkeep simple

Campaign reviews, keeps me on budget for AdWords and simplifies Google ads.

Pros

I like the dashboard, ease of duplicating campaigns to Bing, the Querystream and keyword builder. The keyword builder has been a game changer for us, since you can put in a competitor website and see what they are talking for, at what bid price. The 20 minute workweek is okay, it might be ideal for a mainstream company, we just serve a niche market, so many of the suggestions don't make sense. Even if I dismiss most of them, at least it gets me looking at the campaigns once a week instead of putting it off. I really like the academy and help/support articles and on page help that they provide. Their onboarding process and support were fantastic and I really appreciate the monthly training check up. The few times we ran into technical issues the support staff were on top of it and got it resolved with a couple of days. The true value of word steam is the fact that they adapt and integrate all of the changes and upgrades that Google is constant making, so I don't have to constantly be checking.

Cons

The conversion tracker has never worked for us, despite numerous support calls. The landing pages were also a waste of time

Crystal

Best software I've found to manage our PPC accounts.

Easy to use management of Bing & Adwords. Simple and accurate weekly optimization improvements through 20 Minute Workweek.

Pros

The 20 minute workweek really does simplify PPC optimizations. It provides priority suggestions weekly that I implement early Monday morning that allows me the rest of the week to manage individual campaigns. We have a rather large account on Adwords & Bing and it has always been way too difficult to manage by myself in the past. With Wordstream, I can implement changes with ease to both our Bing & Adwords accounts in bulk. Between the Wordstream assistance creating expanded ads, the easy to identify improvements and ability to copy/duplicate new changes over to Bing has been a game changer for me as a PPC Marketer. Working with agencies have never benefited my company in the past as we have a unique niche in the online world. Wordstream has removed my need for additional assistance and we've watched our metrics improve greatly in the short 4 months we've been with Wordstream.

Cons

There's always room for improvement. It would be nice if we could copy existing campaigns/adgroups/kws/negative KWs over to Bing. Currently, it's limited to offering that suggestion to copy only new changes we implement. Would be nice to have a little more control over the 20 minute workweek suggestions and tailor fit to our business needs, but it's still better than anything else I've seen.

Zack

Great product and company

I've been with WordStream for about 3 years now. I do the Premier Consulting and have even visited their offices in Boston. The team they have is top notch and are experts in the field. Most importantly, I feel like they really do care about my success. Many times their team has gone above and beyond, which you don't always find in mature SaaS companies. They're continually adding more useful features, like the Smart Display Ads and Proposal Generator, which are nice value adds. Most importantly, their team is friendly, helpful and full of solutions to help you grow your business. I plan on being a WordStream client for a long time and would recommend them to anyone looking to scale their campaigns to the next level.

Pros

Saves me a lot of time. We're able to properly optimize all our clients ad accounts in minutes.

Cons

I'd love to see more bidding suggestions in the 20 min work week.

Lori

Industry: Restaurants

Wordstream has taken the complications of pay per click advertising and made it a simplified process

This software simplifies paper click advertising in order to save time and money.

Pros

By using the 20 min workweek process, I'm able to prevent wasting our marketimg bugets (in the advertising itself and by saving my own time) since the 20 min work week stream lines everything for me. The software also combines multiple platforms and accounts so that I can handle them all in one place and we're able to make simultaneous changes across each platform at once. The time I'm saved alone outways the money spent on the program itself. My consultant is extremely proficient on the software and has amazing marketing ideas of her own on how to increase not only my click through rate but to close the sale. This is the first company I've worked with that actually took the time to understand what my business is and what I'm selling. Being a business that sales to a specialized audience and really can't be categorized into one box or another, this makes a huge difference.

Cons

The only downside I can see about this software is that there is still a learning curve involved in understanding how it all works. The pay per click advertising is not a simple one step method. There are multiple factors that come into play which means constant changes and monitoring but that's truly more about the paper click advertising itself versus the software offered.

Craig

Wordstream Review

Helps from an organization and reporting perspective.

Pros

Simple to use interface with analysis of the ad campaigns base on data metrics. Also is great from an organizational perspective to help ensure all clients are being worked on regularly with alerts and last day worked on the campaign field which is in the main dashboard for all clients. This serves me well as a digital marketing manager of an agency. Good reporting template as well!

Cons

Can only do about 80% of the tasks that can be done in the Google and Bing Interfaces. Thus part of ongoing work has to be done directly in the main interface.

Alex

Wordstream is the Defacto PPC Platform of our time

Ease of use in PCC management.

Pros

The intuitive layout of the UX/UI dashboard is second only to the value that the Querystream function provides in daily optimization of both our Google Adwords and BING accounts. We've probably saved about $50,000 over the past 6 months and our CPA has steadily dropped over time,... and still dropping. Can't say enough good things here. Oh, and only spending about an hour a week managing it is pretty sweet too! I should probably mention that their customer service and account management team is top notch.... we got our site suspended with Google Ads over a minor issue (no one's fault, just Google being Google),... and their team stepped in and ironed it out with the big G within 24 hours. They simply bring resources to the table in dealing with this world, that you don't find anywhere else.

Declan

Wordstream Advisor is great for Adwords, especially for smaller businesses outpriced by Google

There's a huge gap between those with enough money to spend on Adwords - like $10K a month to get a decent agency at least - and those without. Wordstream fills that gap with a strong solution that will allow you to focus on keywords, learn, adapt, develop creative, and even get premier consulting which is a valuable way to gain professional insights without having to contract with an expensive agency. It's an excellent tool if keywords are your game, especially with Google and Bing (Facebook is not a keyword play, and while the tools are there, there are better tools).

Pros

This is a powerful tool to create and manage your Adwords bidding. optimization tools so you know which words are performing and can adapt your ads accordingly, negative keywords which alone is a huge value, and the intelligence that it gives you to manage Google. Many competitors have tools that are overwhelming and lose you in the details, and you'll find this by managing Google Adwords without Wordstream. It streamlines and simplifies as best it can a process that is confusing and costly.

Cons

I like the basic toolset, but once you get beyond that the challenge, like all Adwords platforms, is managing the diversity and complexity of details. Ad integrations with Google, Bing, and Facebook are good, but more would be helpful. Display ad support is not a strength here, mostly keyword support. Reporting is also a bit all over the place for me, so I rely on other sources to get my reports that share relevant data.

Kevin

A great asset when it comes to online advertising & keyword research

We were able to drive up click-through traffic rates and conversions by about 20% the first month we used the paid tools.

Pros

There is an abundance of really powerful tools that help drive up conversion rates. The FREE tools like adwords grader, Facebook Ad Performance Grader, & the Landing Page Grader offer free & insightful advice for optimizing your ads and landing pages. Add in Keyword Tool & Facebook Opportunity Calculator and you're sure to look like a superstar to your boss. The Paid platform is even more robust and will push your online advertising performance through the roof.

Cons

The paid service is a tad pricey and may be so much so that it is out of reach for some smaller budget brands. While the benefits definitely outweigh the cost, SMB's may have an issue affording it. But at east the free tools still work great!

Alyssa

It has been extremely easy to use and I have definitely gained benefit from it.

Pros

I like that I can access nearly everything from this platform. The 20 minute work week is a life saver as it lays out suggestions for my campaigns. If I have keywords in multiple places it lets me know or if I have a bid too high/low, or if an ad is underperforming. It also shows me best practices, where I need to improve, and how I can do that.

Cons

I do not like that I can not access my ad extension through this. It tells me what needs to be fixed/added but I have to go through ad words to do this. I also have my businesses set up as different campaigns instead of accounts. It doesn't effect me too much, but it was a little difficult in the beginning. Now that I know what I need to see for each one, it's not an issue.

WordStream Advisor