Zaius

Zaius Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Something that has seemed quite attractive to zaius is that it allows the administration of advertising campaigns. It is very good to analyze these campaigns, and execute them in parallel."
  • icon"We have had great support in getting Zaius integrated with our Magento website and campaigns set up to help convert visitors that visit our website or were once a customer and have fallen off."
  • icon"It is also good for working with ROI tracking."
  • icon"For users who will only use it occasionally, I could see Zaius frustrating them. But, as someone who uses it daily, my familiarity overcomes some of these shortcomings."
  • icon"The organization of campaigns makes it relatively difficult to understand unless you are implementing all the campaigns."
  • icon"Overall, the onboarding process was a bit frustrating and took too long."

Have you used Zaius and would like to share your experience with others?

All Zaius Reviews

Steven

Early adopter, big fan of platform, even bigger fan of the folks who stand behind it.

Pros

I've been a customer since their early days and have seen them grow, which is no surprise. I've found them vastly superior to other "Enterprise" email service providers, like Bronto, Salesforce (Exact Target), Responsys, etc. What's awesome is Zaius stores everything each site visitor does, whether personally identified or not. So when the user is finally identified, all their past website interactions are attributed to them and voila, you have rich customer profiles you can market to. And boy, can you market to them. Fundamentally, if you can dream it, the odds are quite good that YOU (and I literally mean "you, the marketer") can do it on your own. And I/m not talking about cart abandonment or browse abandonment, but MUCH cooler stuff. We just started a campaign that takes customers who browsed 1) Any one apparel brand's products three times within 14 days , and... 2) Didn't buy any apparel from that brand in the last 14 days, and... 3) Haven't gotten an email from this campaign in at least 5 days, and... 4) Haven't gotten any marketing emails from us in 2 days, will then get 5) A dynamic email with that days most popular apparel items from just that manufacturer, and... 6) With only be the gender of apparel they were looking at. What other platform can do something like that? None. And how long did it take to build this continuously running campaign, including the responsive creative? A few hours. If you can dream it, you can probably do it.

Cons

Because the platform is just a few years old, there are some things that are not in it yet or are still maturing as it gets used by customers. Having a subscriber center where users can signup for or unsubscribe from any or all of the campaigns you have is not ready yet, but it is finally coming. Same with a customer API we can get at some of this customer information, but it is on the roadmap. Recommendations were just released, but as a v1 feature, it will need some time to mature. They have a nice WYSIWYG email designer, which has gotten a lot better over the past 18 months, still has some rough edges to it, but they are working on it too. The best part about having any cons with the product is they really do listen to their customers and I never feel like there is no hope or chance that we will get what we need. And for that, I am grateful.

On the Path to Excellence

Solid. Live chat support is good but not great with occasional long response times. The contracts have been fair and easy to deal with, to this point.

Pros

As business becomes increasingly driven to data-driven decisions, the ability to easy access and analyze data is paramount. The decision to combine an ESP and a data network makes sense, especially for a business like mine that uses email as a daily form of marketing and communication with customers. Since it ties directly into Shopify, Facebook and other channels, it really does help conglomerate the data in one spot.

Cons

Zaius is clearly still evolving and the features can use some improvement. The organization of campaigns makes it relatively difficult to understand unless you are implementing all the campaigns. Filters and behaviors are powerful but not the easiest to learn. We've had times where their data servers have been bogged down, making work on the fly difficult on occasion. However, in the time we've been with Zaius, they have continued to make improvements. They are certainly one of the more expensive ESPs out there.

Reasons for choosing Zaius

We switched from MailChimp to Zaius because of the data capabilities of Zaius.

Drew

Bad experience

Pros

We had a few really bad glitches with this email system right off the bat so not a great first impression. We sent out emails to our customers and since Zaius had a "Glitch" all of our email list got a dead link. Very embarrassing. Zaius customer response to this was almost like it was no big deal. Very arrogant company.

Cons

Full of glitches and over priced. So many better email programs now that Zauis just isn't worth the headache. Since switching to our new email service it is night and day different is customer support. Zauis customer support is really lacking in response time and any sense of urgency.

Reasons for switching to Zaius

The program seemed to offer more solutions.

The Perfect CRM System for a Mid-Size Company

Zaius customer support is top-notch. You will be supported by a dedicated live person that gets to know your business, not a call center (just wanted to add that!-it was a big deal for us).

Pros

After an extensive search, we recently implemented Zaius as our CRM system at our mid-size retail company. It's the perfect system for a company of our size because it has many of the features of a larger CRM platform (think SalesForce) without the unnecessary bells and whistles or HUGE investment. It scales to fit your needs. However, I have all the segmentation and automation tools I need to take my email and loyalty programs to the next level.

Cons

It's a young company so there a few tweaks in the system in terms of reporting and just overall organization of data I'd make. They seem to be very receptive to feedback from end users-so I know those adjustments are just a few updates away.

Reasons for choosing Zaius

Initial investment, Overall Scope and Capabilities

Software Shortcomings Overcome by Customer Support

Cohesive omni-channel marketing with 3rd-party audience syncs, and agility in deploying campaigns thanks to its responsiveness and features.

Pros

The software itself is fast and not bulky, which used to frustrate me when using other marketing automation tools in the past. We have over 250,000 users come through our site every month, and waiting around for 30 minutes while an audience is built so I can preview the size or investigate more behaviors. We primarily chose Zaius as audiences can be synced to Google and Facebook as remarketing audiences, which allows us to put out omni-channel campaigns to reach users where they spend the most time. The Email Template Editor is hands-down better than anything I've used in the past, allowing me to quickly design an attractive campaign quickly. The dedicated on-boarding team made implementation easy, and the assigned account manager onboarding consistently goes above and beyond to answer questions or even do what you needed for you (like verifying/creating a very complex audience or segment), which I find refreshing. It's indicative of a partnership, not just some software we're paying for access to.

Cons

There's a lot of thought that has gone into the product itself, though its little idiosyncrasies can be a little frustrating (like using a filter with a "matching" expression and bookending your phrase with asterisks). With certain aspects of the software it doesn't seem intuitive (though it isn't a result of there not being thought put into it). For users who will only use it occasionally, I could see Zaius frustrating them. But, as someone who uses it daily, my familiarity overcomes some of these shortcomings.

Stephen

Highly recommended Email/CRM platform for online retailers

We were able to increase email revenue substantially and develop better customer retention practices with lifecycle emails. (post purchase follow-up, winback, abandonment and customized product suggestions). Some time saved as well thru having a reliable partner where the client didn't have to figure out every aspect of campaign out for themselves.

Pros

Very high support level from account managers and their internal customer service. Higher than the competition. The platform is very flexible with intricate personalization possible. We've been able to get very creative and hyper targeted with campaigns because of that. For example, created an email blast called Price Drop where we targeted viewers who browsed a product page months earlier and then, sent them a notification that the same item "just went on sale" and was available.

Cons

No huge negatives to speak of. The only gripe would be that we spend so much time on developing email blasts that it's been difficult to carve time for the advanced reporting capabilities of Zaius.

Keiron

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Powerful behavioral analytics and campaign management for B2C CRM

Pros

Flexible UI that allows complex analysis of our event stream data. We love the attribution modeling and funnels. It's great to be able to take our behavioral insights and use them within Zaius to drive campaigns to reach our customers. They have a full set of APIs through which we can access all our data and reports, making it easy to integrate Zaius with other tools.

Cons

Since it's so powerful, it can take a newbie a bit of time to understand the building blocks needed to generate their own reports.

Kevin

Great way to jump into automated emails for Magento e-commerce websites.

Pros

We have had great support in getting Zaius integrated with our Magento website and campaigns set up to help convert visitors that visit our website or were once a customer and have fallen off. Automations for Abandoned Cart, Browse Abandon and filtering email campaigns based on buying / browsing patterns has greatly improved our open / click through rates.

Cons

While this is a big leap ahead of where we were at, there is still some room to improve on for features, such as customer preferences for emails. One goal we have for our customers is a method to control what types of emails they receive and how often instead of simply unsubscribe from all future emails. An option to open up a preferences and check what they want to receive or "pause" emails for a period, would be a nice feature that we are seeing more and more with email subscriptions today.

Ben

I've been a long time customer. I implemented Zaius as a CMO in two different eCommerce businesses.

Pros

The quality of support is good and the fact that it's fully automated and dynamic. The editor for creating emails is very well designed.

Cons

Even though it works fine once set up, the set up phase took a while, the technical documentation is not good enough. Overall, the onboarding process was a bit frustrating and took too long.

Kenny

Flexible tool for personalized marketing delivered 3x ROI compared to other ESPs

Pros

Its very flexible, meaning you can create segments and campaigns that are as complex and nuanced as your business.

Cons

Because of the flexibility, some parts of the tool are hard to understand, but the great customer support and continually improving documentation make this less and less of an issue.

Michelle

Access to customer information at my finger tips + Fantastic customer service

It's a great tool for the price. Have access to a tremendous amount of data that I'd typically need tech support to help pull. Able to make decisions and iterate on learnings very quickly.

Pros

TESTING! Like all marketers, I love a good A/B test, and Zaius allows me to run tests all day long and I'm able to create my own test buckets without needing tech support. I'm able to access my user data and create segments that I'd normally need to request through another team. Love having the ability to do so many things on my own! The tech support team is a huge help. They respond quickly and are knowledgable in helping me through any issues that I've encountered.

Cons

The tool has it's quirks, and some of the features aren't very user friendly -- when I'm creating complicated segments, I often have issues with setting up (they are working on a fix for this). Also, I'm also not super savvy with their reporting suite. I often find myself needing to rely on their customer support team to help me with reporting. Finally -- wish it had more predictive features -- used machine learning/AI for recommendations.

Industry: Fine Art

Zaius gives us a view of individual visitors across our digital channels and lets us act on it

Helps us drive incremental revenue with truly personalized email. Dynamic segmentation around user behavior is also a key benefit.

Pros

- Great support getting us up and running. - Relatively easy to onboard data. - Email authoring made a huge difference for us. We were going to have to find someone else to help with this -- but this has enabled us to do a lot more with the data we have and create much better experience for our clients

Cons

- Needs levels of access control -- we have plenty of people who should be able to run reports, for example, but we don't want them to be able to mess with templates.

Excellent platform

Pros

This was the best product I have encountered with the ability to dynamically analyze member/traffic data for behavioral segmentation. Zaius was a great partner with assistance and an ability to create customization within their product to suit specific business needs.

Cons

Only con would be it takes adjustment to learn terminology used by the product. This was easily overcome.

Jason

Powerful solution with capable support - differentiated in a very good way

Pros

The flexibility to apply its strengths to many business situations while providing meaningful and structure to assure data is actionable. So often data is simply collected or aggregated - Zaius help extend this capability to insight and action, natively.

Cons

The development roadmap is ambitious and expansive. The more you use the software the more you want to push limits, and sometimes those limits aren't ready to be pushed. Time will improve this.

Collin