All Telegram Reviews

Life saver

Ngha

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Very powerful social media, file sharing and communication tool

Telegram goes far beyond just communication. It is a school on its own. I have been blessed by telegram with very educative channels and groups. Telegram opened my business up to new client bases. Telegram has been a wonderful app for me. I am subscribed to telegram channels that are very useful for me. Channels that post educational content, free courses, software applications, video tutorials etc. Because of the nature of my employment, it is imperative that I cultivate my professional network, and telegram provides me with the ability to do just that. It enables me to search for and join a variety of channels and groups of people. It provides a comprehensive range of features and capacities to choose from. I take great pleasure in putting it to use.

PROS

Completely unaltered media transfer is a feature it offers. Using the dancing emojis is a lot of fun. Owners of businesses may now respond to customer questions with the help of automated systems bots. It's a fantastic way to get the word out to a wider audience. In addition to groups, users may also join specific channels. Using this method, you can reach out to many more people. The robots help with a variety of critical processes. Data and file sharing have never been easier.  Compared to other messaging apps, it provides a better level of privacy and a plethora of extra features.

CONS

One person on his side can clear the chat between the two of you completely with no trace. I find this a little extreme. Telegram is still growing in popularity and this is limiting its use as you can make the most out of it by interacting with other telegram users

Reason for choosing Telegram

Telegram goes far beyond social communication. I have gained more from telegram that from any other social media platform

Reasons for switching to Telegram

Though I still use Whatsapp, I was looking for more, like channels, reaching a wider audience and connecting with a different people that we do not necessarily share contact. Telegram offered all that and more

Nnakwe

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

My WhatsApp Alternative

Overall, one of the best things I like about Telegram is the group feature, if you want to pass down an important to a lot of people in the same place then this software is for you. It is also a great place to create a community for your business. Great software I highly recommend.

PROS

I like how I could chat and communicate with others.I also like the versatility of the group feature, I like how it allows more than 5000 people in a group unlike other similar software.One other thing I like about Telegram is the ability to store long stream of old chats in a group and make it available to new participants and you could also pin important chats and access them at any given timeLastly, I like how you could make use of bots to help coordinate and keep your group organized by blocking unnecessary chats and unserious members. Additionally, I like how tight the security system is, once an account is reported for fraudulent activity, the account gets blocked and restricted from accessing the platform again.

CONS

One thing I dislike about this software is that you could receive messages from random people you don't know and due to this there are lots of scammers available on the platform and a lot of people have fallen victim to these scammers while it has a tight security, I really wish this matter should be looked into and something should be done to prevent unnecessary messages.

Reasons for switching to Telegram

I switched from WhatsApp because Telegram allows me to communicate to a more larger audience

Ahmed

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

A unique experience with Telegram

The overall experience with the Telegram program is very good and so far it is an essential program on my phone.

PROS

I very much liked the chat method, its simplicity, the beautiful emojis in it, as well as the transfer and storage of files, video calls, and the security of my data.

CONS

There are no negatives except voice calls, as my experience with them was not good.

Gustavo

Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 employees

Communications security

PROS

Is a very secure tool in terms of information retrieval. Comfortable to use

CONS

Very frequent audio and video call failures. delayed notifications.

Piotr

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A Platform's Promise Unfulfilled

In 2013, I joined Telegram, captivated by its promise as a bastion of privacy and a platform committed to safeguarding free speech against the encroaching shadows of censorship. This belief held my loyalty, even as the platform grew and evolved. Yet, a recent series of events has compelled me to reassess this faith, revealing a disconcerting divergence between Telegram's proclaimed values and its actions. My disillusionment stems from an unexpected encounter with censorship on Telegram—a platform I had long defended and trusted as an open space for discourse. My channel, @lukazone, dedicated to disseminating crucial insights into political repression in Belarus and the unfolding conflict in Ukraine, was inexplicably removed. This action was taken without warning, significantly impeding my ability to engage in public discussions or establish new channels for sharing information. This unilateral decision by Telegram not only undermines the trust I placed in the platform but also significantly hampers collective efforts to bring global attention to pressing human rights issues. The channel, an extension of the https://luka.zone/ initiative, meticulously shared information within the bounds of public domain, focusing on names and workplaces—far less intrusive compared to other channels that remain unaffected. The lack of transparency and the inability to appeal this decision casts a long shadow over Telegram’s commitment to freedom of expression. It's disheartening to witness a platform that once stood as a champion of free speech, now engaging in practices that stifle critical voices and obscure the truth. I call upon Telegram to revisit its content moderation policies, to establish transparent, fair, and consistent guidelines, and to restore access to channels that play a pivotal role in the global fight against tyranny and misinformation. A platform’s true value is measured not just by its technical prowess or the security it offers, but by its steadfast commitment to the principles of open communication and liberty. Until Telegram realigns its practices with the ideals it purports to uphold, this review will serve as a stark warning to those who cherish free speech and the free flow of information.

PROS

Telegram's user-friendly interface and rich feature set, such as channels, groups, bots.

CONS

Its inconsistency in upholding its proclaimed commitment to free speech and anti-censorship principles. The platform's arbitrary and opaque moderation policies, especially when it comes to removing channels or restricting accounts without clear communication or a straightforward appeal process, undermine the trust users place in Telegram as a secure and open space for dialogue.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Review of Telegram

PROS

Telegram is easy in use, has multiple useful features and is a great application for texting.

CONS

Not everyone has Telegram so you can't connect with some people.

Martin

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Fast and Reliable messaging app

got the best value out of my money by purchasing the premium

PROS

No delays in sending messages, messages get delivered and received in no time with active notifications and pop ups

CONS

A lot of the accounts that exist in the app are fake

Reason for choosing Telegram

telegram is secure, has very good security protocols

Reasons for switching to Telegram

delays in sending and receiving messages

Bruno

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Telegram a review

Very good

PROS

File Sharing, instant text messaging, audio messaging, audio and video call and conference tools.

CONS

SSL Security, name and personal phone number disclosure from the outset.

Reasons for switching to Telegram

Isolate my private/social contacts from those for business.

Cleiton

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Intuitive and easy

In general, it is a very good application, easy to handle, configure, but the fact that it has not been well publicized leaves it with the image of inferiority to the competition.

PROS

I see a lot of positives like: speed, performance, group chats and channels, These I see are references, but they are being copied by the competition

CONS

Not very popular in some regions which can limit contacts, weak in audio and video tools, has a lot to improve

Reason for choosing Telegram

Tools that best meet my needs and ease of use and handling

Reasons for switching to Telegram

Weak in channel and group issues and chats can be improved

Blake

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

The best instant messaging app on the market

Wonderful. Telegram has been a wonderful app that has more features and capabilities, and any other instant messaging app I’ve ever used. Once they get their customer service up to par, they will be unstoppable.

PROS

I am very impressed with the quality and features that telegram offers. Since using it, I have found that I am much more communicative than via text messaging, and the share button is a godsend. You can share anything to telegram in a single click. I also love the ability to send things to your own personal folder for later.

CONS

The customer service. I have tried reaching out to them for an on onboarding session multiple times, but have received nothing from them. Imm

Reasons for switching to Telegram

Because of the amazing features and benefits telegram has compared to WhatsApp. I was also very tired of receiving unsolicited sales and marketing messages through WhatsApp from people. I have no idea who they were.

Banala

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Useful and Ease to Use Anybody

PROS

Telegram is one of the best and successful Application for Communication and Privacy.and its famous for its secrecy

CONS

I think it must having some good features like add friend like facebook and linkedin have.and its better when its suggest some people without search

Reasons for switching to Telegram

Whatsapp didn't having much Privacy features which telegram have

Lucas

Banking, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

Telegram: Innovation with more privacy

In general, my relationship with Telegram is very good as I see more positive points when working with it than negatives.

PROS

Telegram is an excellent app for communication and also very safe, we had no problems working with it

CONS

Telegram's big problem is its bad policy regarding repressing hateful content

Reason for choosing Telegram

for the ease of communicating with potential customers via chat

Andressa

Automotive, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Communication and work

I like it and use it a lot. Various groups and chat rooms. I can even study through Telegram

PROS

I can talk to various groups of people, make calls, meetings.

CONS

Sometimes we have some problems with large files. But they are small flaws.

Mohammed

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2020

It's now the My Best Chatting App

Telegram is the Best chatting and calling app, it's free, stable and full of features

PROS

1- chat and calls free with your people. 2-Telegram Network is more secure than other chatting apps . 3-Telegram calling service isn't blocked in my country, but other apps are blocked. 4- you can share pictures files or docs freely with your contacts. 5- Secret Chat feature too is a very good feature to be added. 6-all languages are supported. 7-Privacy and Security section is very detailed and secure for users. 8-the app include a pass-code feature so you can make sure that even your phone gets unlocked no one can see your messages. 9-Bots are supported and auto messages . 10- all Languages are supported. 11-The Dark theme mode is looking awesome .

CONS

1-the account deletion takes a very long time to go under effect (6 months) this option should be adjustable by user. 2- the user don't have the option to choose theme colors. 3- there's no option to choose the chat background.

Reasons for switching to Telegram

Whatsapp Calls is blocked in my country, I not totally sure about the app security since Facebook purchased Whatsapp and I don't like the image quality sent on their network, they compress the image very bad and make it look creepy to be sent in chat dialog.

Vincent

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Communicating via Telegram in Fiji Businesses

Telegram allows for fast & efficient communication lines that is critical for the business. I would definitely recommend it to other business owners as an alternative from the conventional apps like Viber or Whatsapp.

PROS

Telegram is a great 'messenger' type communications tool that is widely unknown and underused. Something that is really great is that you can use it on your phone and on your computer. This may not sound like much but when you are responding to emails and also telegram messages, this feature makes a huge and valuable difference. Also, with the capability to handle large file sharing, Telegram becomes very helpful & an alternative to sending emails every time you need to send a document or media file. This is vital especially when you are out in the field and you are sending documents back & forth between employees or clients. One main reason Telegram became the communication app of choice for our company was that all messages and information exchanged was encrypted and private. This meant a lo t for our business as we had a lot of intellectual property in terms of helicopter routes and procedures we wanted to keep private. Telegram helped a great deal.

CONS

Since you can automatically exchange info with a contact on Telegram once the usual permissions are granted, you risk having information from your phone leaked to the other party. An example was when a new employee installed Telegram on his phone, all his contacts were synced to another employees phone.

Reasons for switching to Telegram

It was suggested by my boss after he did some research. We didn't have much of a choice as employees but it turned out great for everyone in the end.

Kelvin

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2021

User friendly, free tool for team messaging and collaboration

Overall very satisfied. Easy to use, value for money, functions are well constructed. Well coverage of all necessary tools for instant messaging and team collaboration

PROS

Telegram is free. Its instant messaging tool is quick, notifications are customisable which respects privacy preferences and frequency preferences. Video conferencing finctions are stable and convenient for urgent meetings and quick responses, connection is stable. Sharing of media and files is seamless, resolution is never compromised.

CONS

Overall very nice and highly recommended for personal and business use. One cons is its layout is a bit dull given its monotone color scheme.

Reason for choosing Telegram

Teams is less userfriendly, and more costly. The usage is also lower overall which makes it hard to connect with people on the application.

Reasons for switching to Telegram

Jabber is much more expensive, the connection is less stable. Sharing of files is not allowed on Jabber.

Reviewed March 2021

My Favorite Instant Messaging App So Far

The fact that the file size limit is high coupled with Telegram actively protecting its users' privacy, allows me to quickly and efficiently exchange files with co-workers at times. This is rather convenient since emails have rather small limits in comparison.

PROS

My friends and I dowloaded Telegram when one of the most popular messaging apps (WhatsApp) went down for a full day. When the app was back online most people went back to it. We didn't. Why? Let me go down the list: -Up to 2gb file size limit -Plugins -Doesn't ruin your photos when you send them -No status updates (personal preference) -Very, very private (your information is safe, guys) -Better storage options -Themes and colors And that's not even half of it. I use it on my phone and on my computer and you can even make video calls in the desktop app, in contrast to the other apps I've used so far. And it keeps getting better overtime. It doesn't even feel like just a messaging app anymore but something better.

CONS

I have no complaints about Telegram honestly speaking. The only thing I'd consider downside (just a bummer, really) is the fact that it's not as popular as the other messaging apps so I always have to resort to those since most of my peers don't use it.

Reasons for switching to Telegram

I made the switch when Whatsapp crashed for everyone one day.

Josip