All Whistle Messaging Reviews

Dan

Higher Education, 201 - 500 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Fantastic platform, continous improvement and innovation

Mackenzie

Reviewed February 2021

A great tool for streamlining communications with our guests.

Very pleased, it is a valuable asset to any small hotel especially when managed remotely by a small team. It helps maintain personal connection in a time when that is becoming increasingly challenging.

PROS

As a boutique hotel with a very small staff and unconventional operations, Whistle has made communication between myself, my staff and our guests much more efficient. As an adaptation to Covid-19, we have modified our property to run with a contactless, self check-in model and Whistle automatically provides our guests with the information they need immediately and improves the guest's overall experience. As it is 100% my responsibility to ensure the guests questions and issues are addressed promptly, at all times of the day, it is a relief to know I have this tool as support.

CONS

The only issue I have encountered is that if one of my staff members (typically housekeeping) opens a message from a guest, it no longer shows as unread on my platform. There have been several occasions where I have missed an important notification because it was already read and not translated to me by my team as typically this happens on their day off or with something that is not their responsibility to attend to. It could be improved with improved communication between myself and my staff but it would be nice to know that messages with only show as READ as I myself have read them, regardless of if my staff has opened them on their device.

Thanks for the positive review, Mackenzie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Rebecca

Reviewed February 2021

Need further interaction to provide fair review

I am finding it to be more and more useful as I become more familiar with the product. I believe once I take the time necessary to focus solely on the features I will find it to be hugely beneficial to my property as a whole.

PROS

Automated messaging is hugely helpful with communication with our guests! Integration with our current program was simple as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was invaluable in setting us up!

CONS

I cannot honestly evaluate any negatives as I do not have experience with other products to form a fair comparison.

Reason for choosing Whistle Messaging

Another associate has used other products and been nonplussed so we decided to give Whistle a try!

Thanks for the review and feedback.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Vacation Destination

It's ok.

PROS

When guests opt-in after being told about the system is works very well.

CONS

Not all messages require a response and the 5-minute alert that a message hasn't been responded to is annoying. This has been mentioned to the company on more than one occasion.

Dean

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Whistle While You Work

Our overall experience with Whistle is we will never live without it. I highly recommend anyone in the Resort/Hotel service business to get hooked up with the software. It will make your life so much easier!

PROS

Whistle software has greatly enhanced communication throughout our Resorts. Both with internal customers & staff but also with all of our guests. Guests just LOVE the ability to text our front desk and our front desk staff LOVE the ability to get information out to all guests or just some guests instantly. This communication has increased our boat rentals, length of stays and even our concierge services. I would not run a Resort without Whistle!

CONS

I cannot say there is anything I dislike about the software. However, it could do more tasks within the software, and we have spoken with the company about the possibility for them to adapt the software to our needs. This is not a Con, as what the software was built to do, it does very well. We have simply asked them if they can make it do more to fit a need in our Organization, and they have responded, which is really a Pro!

Reason for choosing Whistle Messaging

We didn't know much about these products but #1. Whistle representatives were very responsive to our questions and concerns. Most other products did not even return our first call. #2. The product does everything we needed it to do. #3. The price was the same or cheaper than the alternative products. #4. Most alternative products took days to respond to questions which lead us to believe we would never get good customer service with these others.

Jordan

Reviewed February 2021

Efficient and approachable multi-tasker's dream

Overall the experience with Whistle has been great. The response time for our guest services is near-instantaneous as we can now respond to requests or questions while working on something else.

PROS

The best part of the Whistle software is its approachability. By utilizing the texting app on a guest's phone, our guest services become just like they are texting a friend. It is great to see guests progress during their stay from short, sometime pointed communication, to adding emojis!

CONS

At first, the dashboard was a bit cluttered and therefore there was a bit of a learning curve. Navigation became easier after some use. However, I do wish there was more definition or contrast in the dashboard. This would greatly improve "quick-glance" reference as often front desk staff is multi-tasking.

Reason for choosing Whistle Messaging

We did a lot of research, which took longer than you would have thought as finding specific search terms to Google was harder than expected. After settling on a few options it occurred to us to ask if our property management system, ThinkReservations, had any suggestions of even better yet direct integrations. Turns out they were already working on direct integration with Whistle as we were researching so it all came together smoothly from there.

Thanks for the positive review, Jordan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Sandy

Adds a Personal Touch to Social Distancing

Guests like the ease during their stay. Prior to arrival, they MUCH prefer a text to a phone call--our calls are seldom answered, but the texts almost always are. The first day we used it we tried to run a charge that had an outdated credit card date. We called the guest--no response. We tried Whistle (then a new tool) and the guest called us back 30 seconds later. We knew then it was a winner.

PROS

When we reopened last year, we put a lot of processes in place to keep our guests and our team safe. Unfortunately, many of these changes meant less interactions with our guests. Whistle lets us interact in a safe way--while actually offer BETTER service. Guests frequently mention how easy we are to reach, and how quickly we respond to requests.

CONS

It is frustrating that hitting the 'return' button automatically sends your comment to the guest, even though there is a 'send' button at the bottom. When responding to a complaint, the text is typically longer and I'd like to break it up by a space (but not break it up so much that the guest thinks that sentence is my only response). Also, it seems like when I click on a guest name, the page 'hiccups' and I get the guest below the one I've clicked on. I've learned to be careful and check the name before I send the message.

Thanks for the positive review, Sandy! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Rod

Reviewed February 2021

Everything that we required and more

It's been a pleasure, to say the least. There are a few key members of their operation that differentiate it from the rest. Quick action and tickets around for a day or two rather than 3 weeks is something that I can't speak enough about.

PROS

The features and integration is something you can only find in the much more expensive products. If you have a custom application, this is your solution. The API is flexible and with a team behind it who actively searches and destroys bugs for breakfast. The automation feature has increased our ROI substantially, and adding custom fields with the API makes even transactional SMS/Whatsapp messages possible.

CONS

There is a learning curve, but I don't think there is a way around that. It's come a long way in the last two years, and I wouldn't say it was too hard to catch on.

Reason for choosing Whistle Messaging

Price, feature set, and our needs, support and their roadmap.

Thanks for the positive review, Rod! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Kamila

Makes communication a breeze

Overall, this is a great way to keep in touch with our guests staying at the hotel and for them to communicate with us, it makes everything much more easier and convenient for both staff & guests to communicate without having to come to the front desk. A welcome text is sent out for the arrivals on the day of, a mid-stay text is sent and when guest is leaving they get a departure text as well. Very well done system.

PROS

I like that I'm able to communicate with guests so simply & guests are able to communicate any problems, concerns and feedback without leaving their room, just a text away. Especially now during this whole pandemic, it makes both the guest and the staff feel more comfortable when they do not need to come down to make a request, complaint or have a concern. I like that you're able to set up and customize the texts that are sent out to the guests - makes it more personal.

CONS

Before the updated whistle, I did not like that you could not organize the requests from guests to know what is done/ taken care of and still needs a follow up. Since the update they have listened to suggestions and improved incredibly. Makes everything so organized.

Thanks for the positive review, Kamila! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

kayla

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

My overall experience with Whistle is a 10/10. I would definitely recommend it to any business looking for texting software to use within their employees or to reach out to clients.

PROS

I love everything about this software. I wouldn't say there is a negative side when using. Working with a lodging company and be able to communicate with our guests, owners, and vendors makes everything so much easier. Not many people like to pick up the phone and call to ask a simple question. This helps a lot with fewer incoming calls coming in when we are busy. You can also set up templates for questions that get asked often which is really nice to have.

CONS

Nothing at all. Everything is easy to navigate.

Thanks for the positive review, Kayla! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Kitt

My customers and I are happier than ever with Whistle

Very easy set up, good directions and very quick response from customer service (although you have to text and wait for a reply). I am very happy.

PROS

This is a great product, even for a small Inn like mine. It is the only method of communication that gets an immediate response and makes guests feel like they have a positive relationship with us before they even arrive. I purchased this to be able to easily confirm arrival times and eating restrictions for guests without having to spend hours on the phone, particularly since nobody wants to answer potential robo/sales calls. I had no idea that guests would also use it to ask questions and let me know about any concerns or issues that they have, so that I can address them immediately. It is also nice because I can respond to the texts on my computer or phone easily and don't have to step out to take a call.

CONS

It is taking me a while to learn about all of the features, but this is no different than other software.

Thanks for the positive review, Kitt! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Kendra

Time saver!!

I would definitely recommend Whistle to any business that values communication with their customers!

PROS

Whistle has been very integral part of our companies workflow, and is a huge time saver! Our customers love the constant communication, and the automation they offer makes it possible for it all to happen with minimal effort on our part. I love the quick responses from customer service when we need support, and they and great about adding features that help their customers.

CONS

Every time I have had an issue Whistle support has solved it with the next update.

Thanks for the positive review, Kendra! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Manuel

Great Communication Tool!!!

PROS

I like being able to send out pre-arrival messages to all guest checking into my property and being able to chat with my team/guests through whistle adds an extra layer of peace of mind.

CONS

The only thing I wish I could do is browse pages without losing information I've already entered, for example I use campaigns to send out specials and information to guest and often I find myself needing to open another whistle page to check a different page as to not lose my campaign information.

Reviewed February 2021

Best communication tool for our guests

It has been great. The amount of issues resolved has easily doubled. A lot of guests inform us of things wrong that they would not have via phone call or in-person, allowing us to find out about issues from the guest instead of a review after the fact.

PROS

I feel this is a much more efficient way to communicate with our guests. Being able to rapidly answer questions and handle requests or concerns, has led to better reviews. Also, the fact it integrates with our PMS>

CONS

Sometimes the notification tones are annoying and too frequent.

Thanks for the positive review, Michael! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Lindsey

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Whistle Review - 2.4

PROS

I love that it has an app and the ease of overall use.

CONS

I don't like that once someone reads a message on the app, it shows read for everyone. This makes it difficult for everyone involved to stay up on messages without causing our front desk to miss the message because notifications cease.

Thanks for the positive review, Lindsey! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Danielle

Whistle while you work!

A great tool for the hospitality industry in the day and age of technology. We love being available to our guests via a quick text.

PROS

Love that guests can easily reach out whenever they need. especially during covid it helped contactless check in and out go swift and smooth. also guests are more likely to reach out to us via text than calling.

CONS

So far so good. We don’t use all the features bc we are a small property. But are happy to have the options to do so.

Reason for choosing Whistle Messaging

Our marketing company said this was the go to product for our needs.

Martin

Perfect for our times

Helps us with contactless check-ins.

PROS

Integrating this with our hotel software was easy and simple. But the fact that this allows us to now have contactless check-ins to our hotel, has given us a feature that guests love and appreciate. Using Whistle before was a convenience, today, in these times, it has become a necessity!

CONS

Importing guest information could be easier.

Reason for choosing Whistle Messaging

Seemed to be easiest and most simple to use.

Thanks for the positive review, Martin! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Marlee

Reviewed February 2021

Great way to communicate with guests!

I enjoy Whistle, it's easy ton use and train employees on. It leaves the line of communication open for the guest, if they choose to.

PROS

Personally, I enjoy the upsell feature! Great way to text over product information and give clients options. Regardless of if they're clients or friend of clients.

CONS

I find it difficult to make the texts look good without proper spacing. The spacing tends to only work on certain templates.

Thanks for the positive review, Marlee! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Deborah