All Mailchimp Reviews

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

One of the Best Email Marketing Software

Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it. I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

PROS

I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp. Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy. While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

CONS

In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does. I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved. Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I was getting an offer from Mailchimp while I wasn't getting one by Getresponse so Mailchimp had an advantage. I also researched a bit and found that Mailchimp has a bigger userbase than Getresponse. I gave Mailchimp a try instead of Getresponse as I didn't need to pay any amount to start using Mailchimp. After I liked Mailchimp, I upgraded my plans.

Rachael

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2024

Strictly straightforward email marketing tool

Overall, Mailchimp is a great tool for managing and analyzing your customers data. It is helpful to see trends and target audiences based on your needs. Its fairly straightforward and easy to use and aims to make your business more effective when it comes to marketing.

PROS

Mostly i liked how Mailchimp was easy to start-up and begin using. I learned as I went along and I never got too over my head in features because this platcform basically sticks to e mail marketing and customizing.

CONS

I thought Mailchimp could have offered more templates for email design and maybe could have included a indepth tutorial to determine if this platform is appropriate for your type of business.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I chose Mailchimp to basically give it a try and see how it fit the needs of our business.

Wendell

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

MAILCHIMP WILL NOT TURN OFF RECURRING BILLING AFTER MULTIPLE REQUESTS.

MAILCHIMP WILL NOT TURN OFF RECURRING BILLING AFTER MULTIPLE REQUESTS. I’ve been trying to get this POS company to stop my recurring billing for 4 months, and they won’t even respond to my emails. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re the subject of a class action lawsuit in the future because of their deceptive practices. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

PROS

Nothing. Their software is over complicated. The user interface and design is not intuitive. The worst part, is they’ll hold you hostage and not let you cancel.

CONS

Deceptive practices. They will not let you out of a contract.

Janelle

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Can't think of a better tool to run our email campaigns

I love using Mailchimp to run our email campaigns. It has a very intuitive and user friendly interface, which makes it a lot easier to use in the beginning. But it's also got tons of advanced features like custom metrics and design features. It's got good performance and great uptime. Overall, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to start doing email marketing.

PROS

1. It's very easy to start using for the first time. All the KPIs are already on there automatically, so all you need to do is upload a contact list, choose and edit a template, and schedule it to send whenever you want. 2. There are tons of integrations available. It makes it so much easier to connect your CRM and other tools.

CONS

Many of the newer features (like forms) kinda feel incomplete. They're good for basic stuff but don't have all the features of standalone tools.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp looked so much more developed compared to the others. It had the edge both on the design side and advanced features. And the pricing was very similar, so we chose to go with it.

vito

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2024

My MailChimp experience

easy and fast, no major issue, imported the contact list, design the email and send it out

PROS

easy to use, easy learning curve, up and running in less than 1 hour

CONS

price is not on the cheapest range total contacts number in the free version not as large

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

The previous email marketing contact list was too complex

Reviewed March 2024

Good for small businesses, too costly for Premium

PROS

Mailchimp is a quite simple to learn and use. It has a friendly UI and some built-in tutorials. It's good that it allows you to import xls files with some mail database. It also integrates with self-made websites on HTML or WordPress.

CONS

It becomes costly when you actually need it. Shifting to an all-in-one CRM may be the better choice in this case.

Maxime

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Best email marketing tool in my opinion

Great experience and user friendly! It's good for people like me who have zero knowledge of technology... :)

PROS

It's user friendly and helps build an important engagement with loyal costumers. It's also not costy when you have a small data base!

CONS

It's annoying that you have to pay for the service if you want to schedule your email marketing

Alex

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great to see if your business could become a real business

Great im glad I got to see if I could make a business out of an idea

PROS

I liked the survey I did for it and got positive responses from people on if my possible business could do well in sales

CONS

Nothing it was great just be prepared people will be honest in their survey

Riccardo

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

The best in class email marketing solution

PROS

Super intuitive and with tons of options, you can really scale up your email marketing performances

CONS

Plans are not so cheap, but they are worth every penny

Angela

Retail, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Mail Chimp for the Affiliate

MailChimp is a God send it helped me get everything done in a fraction of the time.

PROS

I liked that Mailchimp takes all the stress off of me and works had to ensure everything is done to standard and beyond!

CONS

Customer service can be very poor at time.

Reviewed September 2019

A Necessary Tool for a 21st Century Business that's Reasonably Easy to Use, with Great Support

We are required to send out newsletters to our investors (over 800 of them), and this had made it easy to design good-looking emails. And you can save templates, etc., to use over and over and modify them each time. We've never had a technical problem with it, although we've had issues with 3rd party apps and linked software connecting to Mailchimp. But I contacted their support and they were able to help me fix the issue, even though it wasn't their own software! I thought that was nice of them. They could've said "That's not our app, so we can't help you," but they didn't -- they walked me through a fix.

PROS

It has to be their support chat function and their useful Help articles. I did not get into my business so that I could run mail marketing software, so I appreciate anything that helps ease the learning curve. Email marketing is a necessary evil, and Mailchimp lessens the unpleasantness considerably. With no prior experience, we got up and running quickly. (We tried a few of these apps, and this one seemed the easiest.) It's complicated running email campaigns and newsletters, but once we mastered a few basics, I was very happy with the results. And it scales up as you grow. When our mailing list grew, it did not become exponentially harder to use. They offer a lot of bells and whistles that we don't need/use, but our emails look good and are easy to compose, adding graphics, etc. It automates a lot of repetitive tasks for you -- like your footer and address, etc. And we've never had a problem getting reported as spam. And this may seem minor, but I like the whimsical nature of the occasional chimp graphics. Don't get me wrong -- this is work, not play, but it's nice to see a little chimp every once in a while when you complete certain tasks. Business is hard, so a little levity along with the functionality is welcome.

CONS

The price! It gets expensive quickly. I guess the upside to that is it makes you hone your marketing so you are profitable. You have to cut out waste and hone your mailing list so that it's more efficient. And from my research, the other programs cost about the same. I don't mind paying for ease-of-use, but I wish they would explain "cleaning" and "archiving" and other functions that would help me get my monthly costs down. I'm not planning on jumping ship anytime soon, but if they raise their prices again (they just raised them recently), then I will be gone.

Easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp was easier and suited our needs more. Also friends recommended it.

Eve

Media Production, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2020

Free for the first 250,000 subscribers no cost - must have a mailing address

Positive experience sending emails and letters but you need to have a mailing address a real physical address a po box doesnt count. I guess hoping people do not come to your house is a big deal. I was very scared about having a real location and I was scared random people would show up as they did before at offices to stalk. I guess at this current timene place it's safer to use your real address but many years ago it was not or may not have been. It is important to make sure all your ducks are in a row- your corporation is current for example, the po box or the mailing address is current for example mine wasn't and I saw peoplel at the post office that i would rather not see.

PROS

Mailchimp is pretty easy to use and has increased its features in the last few yeqrs. The first 150,000 to 250,000 subscribers are free and then you pay after so it gives you time to build your fan base. When I used old emails I got reports for using old emails and it got disbanded so I recommend using current email subscribers so there are no surprises - or make sure they know they are signing up for your newsletter inbox. For example we threw an event and I emailed all subscribers but they did not know we were the organizer it was for working women so most unsubscribed. In hindsight I should have had people subscribe or put on a disclaimer that we would market.

CONS

The fact it's so easy to be taken down if you get one negative report. I guess we got a few negative reports and quickly a lot of unsubscribers the first day we emailed a few hundred people from a tales of extraordinary women event. The problem I gu ess you encounter is how to try and get these customers or clients or readers to read your services that I am still working on ideas for how to get people to sign up.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Cost that it was a free product even though the newslettter was not as striking.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Emma created a beautiful design but charged money for each subscription so that is why we moved

Jonathan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers

Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

PROS

This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

CONS

The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Ease of use and a great developer API are the primary reasons I choose this product.

Stephanie

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

A Great Solution to Email Marketing that's Getting Better

My experience has been great and consistently delivers for over 20 years now as I work in email marketing on a daily basis. I've brought many new customers to them over the years by recommending them to my own clients. I have that much confidence in the reliability and usability of Mailchimp.

PROS

I've been working in email marketing for over 20 years at this point. I discovered Mailchimp early on during that time and have been using it every since. I have clients that were using other systems before working with me. Most are cumbersome and offered little in the way of being able to design stunning emails that captured attention in the inbox. Plus, Mailchimp's deliverability rate has never been matched. As times have changed, and so has email marketing, Mailchimp continues investing in their platform to make the work of email marketing more integrated into other platforms like social media, eCommerce and more systems. They've added features that have helped make my job more of a one-system stop which has been a positive impact on my workflow. Can't recommend them highly enough.

CONS

As they are investing in the platform, there have been many usability and design changes that have come with these improvements. As a user, that can add frustrations. The dashboard and menus can literally be completely changed on you from one day to the next. It's annoying, but it's bearable. And I think they may be almost done with these complete redesigns in adding functionality to their system.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp's developers just had it right out of the gate with their product. And it has only improved over the last 20 years. I found these other products to be less intuitive, versatile and user friendly. A lot has changed over the years, but I keep coming back to Mailchimp time and again because it is just the best out of all the options available for email marketing.

WENDY

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Not for a Beginner

I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content. Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

PROS

It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan. Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

CONS

Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms. I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times. For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated. It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake. As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

HUBSPOT is a CRM software which can easily store my Leads from my lead form and therefore I could set up my email campaign to the contacts from my form directly. It is very structured and straight forward to use and I love how they even provide a series of educational video tutorials to guide you through the usage of the software. Their email platform is also very simplistic and direct. Although, it may not be as versatile as Mailchimp in the sense of designing and creativity, it offers an easy-to-use set up which ease a beginner throughout.

Sushant

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Simplest email marketing tool for startups & digital creators

I'm using Mailchimp for more than 3+ years now and I'm pretty satisfied with it. In fact, I've referred it to my friends as well. While building my own startup, InternStreet - we were using Mailchimp a lot. The idea was to build an engaging audience of students. The marketing automation feature helped us a lot in building email courses. We literally created the free version of all the tech courses in the formal of 5 - 7 days daily emails. This helped us in increasing overall engagement and creating a recall factor of the brand. At the end of the day we had a whopping conversion of more than 35% into paid courses.

PROS

I really liked the overall simplicity of Mailchimp from getting started to building complex marketing automation. I started with the free plan and then converted to paid one for using the Marketing Automation which I liked the most. It also has an amazing collection of templates which definitely helps the beginner in getting started quickly.

CONS

Overall at this price point, I think everything is great but user segmentation can be improved a bit.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

The price point was very important for me at that point in time. We did explored other tools but the power of marketing automation was available for free for 2k subscribers (Now it's available under the paid plan). We used the multi-step journey and later on upgraded for paid plans.

Dylan

Printing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Solid program, but cost and introduction of subscription pricing made it unviable for us

We still have a positive perception of Mailchimp. It served us well over a long period and was low-stress and reasonably priced. However, as they changed direction with the software (and pricing) it no longer became appropriate for email newsletters only. There is probably tremendous value for those who want to take advantage of segments and the more CRM like features!

PROS

Mailchimp is incredibly solid, the UI is familiar to many staff (so learning curve was slight), and they seemed to maintain high quality sending ip integrity (so open rates remained high). Other competitors we have tested over the years seemed more flexible with their sending quality, so we noticed sharp open-rate drops (even after warming up the list). Campaigns were easy to setup and it was relatively easy to set up attractive emails (or pull in templates from elsewhere). Reporting made sense, and it was useful to be able to track client engagement over time.

CONS

We were very committed to Mailchimp over a long period (10+ years) but primarily for email newsletters. As the software developed, they continued to introduce more and more features, but in some ways this just complicated things for us. We used Mailchimp for infrequent mailouts to large mailing lists, and this worked well when they allowed you to buy adhoc credits. However, when they introduced subscription pricing only (arguably fair enough given all their new features) it made it entirely unviable to continue.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

At the point we made the switch, Mailchimp represented the ideal value between value for money and ease of use (Amazon SES in particular had a much higher tech curve than we had the capability to deal with initially)

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

We switched because it was a much more robust solution, and easier to delegate email newsletters to staff (who don't necessarily have the tech background). Since Mailchimp we switched to Amazon SES with a front-end.