• Pros

• "Podium is a top-notch company and I am so glad our company uses them. Their staff is outstanding and responds quickly and eagerly any time we have questions. "

• "Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well"

• "It makes collections, review solicitations, and even internal communications much easier than any alternative I've found."

• Cons

• "Price is a bit steep for SMB, but well worth it if you maximize the value of your positive reviews."

• "Everything. They thrive on one goal! To get the hook in your mouth and get that one year contract. Once that happens good luck. No demo, no service, no concern. This company is dismal. Be warned"

• "Sometimes redundant if you already have texting capabilities through your crm etc as well as a review solicitation process"

Browse Podium Reviews

Katie from Newton Nissan of Gallatin

Good product, poor execution

I liked the concept of the product, and it did gain us a good number of reviews. But it was not worth keeping long-term without product enhancements and better customer support.

Pros

I like the automated features in this software, though it was slightly oversold. But it does automatically contact customers via text after their service/purchase to ask them to leave us a review. We could choose which site(s) to direct them to.

Cons

Customer service was not as good as it could've been. High turnover of employees, lack of communication, and then the refusal to upgrade or help out with different tasks such as splitting up customer feeds so we could direct service customers to a different review platform than the one we had set up.

Baylee from Self employed

Fantastic for Growing Online Reputation

This has helped us immensely with capturing reviews as customers are leaving the store with their experience fresh in their minds!

Pros

In addition to being extremely easy to use and straightforward from a backend and frontend standpoint, this software is such an easy way to grow and manage our online reputation. I love that all I have to do (once my campaign is set up) is enter a phone number and hit "send"! It's way easier than asking our customers to leave reviews, and most of them actually do it.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like about the software. The only thing worth mentioning is there are a few creative limitations when setting up your campaign. However, nothing that a few tweaks couldn't fix!

Rebecca from Mattress city

my assessment for podium

Pros

I love that I can communicate one on one with all of my customers and potential customers.

Cons

I dislike very much that the software does not recognize all cellphone devices. some of my customers click on the link provided but it wont let them access the link or sometimes I will send the podium link and the customer only recieves part of the message and not the link so I end up having to redirect customer to go to a different site to post a review and that defeats the purpose of using podium if customer has to be redirected. they get fruserated by that point and I lose a review.

Podium was the first, but you pay for the name!

Good

Pros

Podium changed the way I manage my reputation online before I was really even thinking about it

Cons

It is expensive. Newer, comparable competitors have entered the space for lower price points

Great product for texting clients

Pros

Being able to text information to a client and then have the, submit a review!

Cons

Sometimes we have clients send us photo tos and they dont always come through

samantha from dixie rv

Great software

Love it!

Pros

This is very helpful and helps our business with customer feedback drastically! It is a great program

Alicia from Diamond Couture

Podium makes getting reviews easy

Recommend to any store looking to build their online visibility! You can choose where to direct the customer to give the review such as Facebook or google. Works great! They also give you credit if you refer a business.

Pros

Not only can you easily get tons of reviews for your store, you can also easily text customers anything you need to without getting a whole phone line.

Cons

A little pricey but overall worth the money. Sometimes my customers say the link doesnt work, but most of the time its fine.

Daniel from Specright

Seriously such a cool and on-spot way to handle chat

Pros

I love the fact that they are bringing something that is done at almost all points of our day into this industry. I am constantly on my phone, so this is the simplest, least effort way for me to respond to someone.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. I would just recommend always focusing on keeping it as simple and intuitive as possible!

Dan from Revampt Goods LLC

Hook in Mouth Sales Force

Do not trust Podium, as a review company they have horrible reviews....isn't that ironic? The good reviews are employees. The real customers are speaking out, they hold you by force. It is ridiculous!

Pros

The idea of it... Other than that there is nothing good about this company. They want you to sign, they fill you with false statistics, they show no demo, then they dump you like a bad habit

Limited Analytics

Pros

It has great preset templates for you to go off of that are both aesthetic and simple. They have a high response rate on the text messages they send and ultimately do show results in higher reviews on social media.

Cons

The analytics side is very primitive. The sentiment analysis that they herald is nowhere near as definitive as they sold me on. I'm not sure their NLP algorithm is that good because as I went through many of our reviews, I did not see it aligned with the sentiment analysis they gave us.

Daniel from Revampt

Don't fall for fake reviews

Pros

The idea is all there is. They are already looking for the next one to sign a one year contract once your is signed

Cons

Everything particularly the customer service. They could care less about any concerns. All the reviews are fake. As a user I warn you stay away from these guys. Do your own leg work to seek reviews the platform is bogus.

linda from We Tuck'em Inn

Beware of the contract. You can't cancel.

Don't sign the contract. They have no hardship clauses and a no excuse policy. You will get sued for the balance of the contract.

Pros

The program works like most review platforms but is very expensive

Cons

The complicated and demanding approach needed to obtain the customer's cooperation in responding.