• Pros

• "This product works similarly to most of the survey products. Its less expensive and it has excellent service. There are people you can reach to address issues."

• "Survey Methods was very easy to setup and it was highly customize-able to my needs. Very good price "

• "Ease of use. Walk through process to set up a survey. Support is very friendly and helpful. Survey results are emailed right to us quickly. "

• Cons

• "Interface is a little dated but it does everything we need it to do."

• "None. I experienced an issue but the customer service was top notch and address the issue and we had a resolution immediately "

• "I wish the skip logic was skip to question, rather than skip to page. But that isn't really a big deal to work with."

Browse SurveyMethods Reviews

Andy from The Village School

Easy to use survey software with strong analytical tools

We have used this for a large variety of information gathering needs. We survey parents about their experience in our school. We conduct board and staff surveys to evaluate their work experience and the work of our administration. Students use the survey to learn the basics of online survey approaches. When we have a meeting to schedule with somewhat complicated parameters, we use Survey Methods.

Pros

Intuitive interface. Offers many survey question methods, ranging from the simplest input to more involved, responses allowing scoring and multi factor correlation. Strong, graphically-oriented reporting options Transfers data easily to MSWord, PDF, Excel for further analysis. Various confidentiality options. Allows categorization of email respondents. Allows many style templates. Allows quick vs. more involved editing of questions.

Cons

Because of the many features offered, the program can take a bit of time to explain to other employees. This is to be expected, however, from any program.

Jenny from Pacific American School

Survey Methods is a user-friendly and comprehensive survey tool generating easy-to-read results.

Using Survey Methods, our school was able to disperse questionnaires to all stakeholders of our community, and to use the data collected and analyzed through the software to further our organization's visions and goals. It was an essential tool for us during our school's accreditation process, and we relied heavily on the software to collect the necessary information for our school to successfully get accredited. Survey Methods provides free services for educational purposes, and this aspect of its giving back to the larger community is definitely worth praising. We have worked with Survey Methods for more than 5 years and find that the company continues to add features to make this tool ever the more useful and easy-to-use. It's very user-friendly and intuitive in its application. I highly recommend this tool to anyone who frequently has the need to conduct surveys.

Pros

It is relatively easy and intuitive to set up questionnaires in Survey Methods, which provides options of anonymity of the interviewees. One feature that I especially like is that it allows you to download the results in various formats so that you can easily analyze the data collected. In addition, there are various types of charts and graphs for data display which makes publishing the results a very simple process.

Andy from The Village School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Surveymethods is a very powerful and full featured survey program. We use it regularly.

Surveymethods allows us to evaluate our administration, our school services, major proposals requiring customer (parent) or staff input, and review the results in easy to digest reports, or with MS Excel. We think it does really well, and respondents generally find it easy to use.

Pros

SurveyMethods has a lot of capabilities and flexibility. We use it for staff and customer (parent) feedback, evaluations, student data gathering projects, staff opinion gathering for major decisions. We like that we can put together many different types of questions for various situations, and receive the data in several different formats (word, pdf, xls, etc). It allows us to do surveys that target specific people via email and remind them as many times as we want if they haven't responded. It also allows us to categorize responses by department, and many more subdivisions if needed. I'm fairly sure we don't use all of its capabilities but we really appreciate all of the functionality we use.

Cons

We've been using the software for at least 6 years now, and we find the interface relatively intuitive. For new users, we do have to get them acquainted with the key features and controls, which are many. I wouldn't say this is a complaint because this is to expected from a program that allows a lot of customization, output variables, confidentiality settings, outreach settings, etc.

Nancy from CAGGNI (Computer Assisted Genealogy Group of Northern Illinois)

Easy to create surveys with flexible, additional features.

Pros

The ease of creating the questionnaires. There is lots of assistance on creating proper survey questions.

Cons

The reports are not at intuitive as I would like. There are multiple steps to creating the report I want, and I have to rethink the process each time.

Debra from Cabell County Family Resource Network

Great survey tool for nonprofit organization

As a small nonprofit, we use the software for registration for meetings and doing surveys to get input from people who participate in our activities. It is very important to have a tool that is simple for the end user to complete and for the administrator to implement and get reports. I have found that it is a superior tool to the Constant Contact service that we use to have.

Pros

Survey Methods is easy to use and provides great reports that are easy to generate.

Cons

I haven't found any negatives with the software.

Response from Survey Methods

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the feedback Debra! We are happy that the application is working well for you but please don't hesitate to reach out with any suggestions or questions.

HS from CLC

I've used others, but SurveyMethods has stayed my favorite. Personal and quick tech support!

Easy to use to create surveys, easy to launch and distribute, easy to analyze data, can download directly to slides, affordable, but #1 is their personal, quick, and helpful tech support has been there for me. They have helped me problem question format as well as any other technical issue. Even when I have the "duh" stupid questions they are patient and helpful. I feel like I have a personal working relationship with them and that can't be beat.

Pros

The technical support is key for me; it is awesome. Pricing is also good. Options for templates is helpful. Choices for question format is helpful including some complex formats. Easy to analyze and manipulate the data, especially with the download to excel.

Juvy from Somerton Middle School

Survey Methods is a software that changes the way surveys should be conducted.

This software makes survey conducted in simple yet effective manner. Without this software, I think survey is tedious and time-consuming. Thank you for the developer of this software, alas surveying is both fulfilling and satisfying.

Pros

Survey methods is an online software tool that makes research surveys for my students interesting and dynamic. It is really an amazing survey mechanism that provides easy to use graphical user interface in flexible manner. It helps me as a teacher to make sound academic decisions based on the results of the surveys conducted. I like also the results of the surveys presented in different chart forms. Survey methods makes surveys simple, easy, enjoyable and responsive. I could definitely say that this software changes the way survey gets done.

Cons

Survey methods generates reports instantly, perfectly and accurately and so there is no reason not to like this software. It is the only software I rely whenever I conduct a survey and for me it has no features that I don't like.

Todd from Parkview Huntington Family YMCA

Survey Methods has made it possible for us to assess and address the needs of our community

Pros

Survey Methods has a very user friendly interface. I can develop an extensive survey and have it launched in a matter of minutes. I can customize every aspect of the survey, including the message that users see before and following completion of the survey. The reporting options are phenomenal. I personally prefer the pdf reports that I can email directly out to my staff and board for their review and discussion. The ability to publish results that can be monitored in real time has been extremely useful for my team.

Cons

I have not experienced any needs that I have that has not already been addressed by Survey Methods..

Great tool for easily gathering customer feedback

If you're looking for an easy-to-use survey solution, SurveyMethods is the best option I've come across. Highly recommended

Pros

We signed up and launched our customer survey in a matter of hours. The email import tool worked perfectly and I especially like the advanced email lists, which allowed us to send custom surveys to each recipient. Solid functionality at a very good price compared to the other solutions out there.

Cons

We would like to be able to use a custom URL using our company name. I discussed it with their customer support and it is supposed to be in the works but it's not available yet.

Response from Survey Methods

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We are working on the custom URL feature and should have it available for Professional and Enterprise users towards the end of this year.

Dan from Deciision Research

We started using this product when we shifted some business to business from phone to online. This was about 2000. For international research, printed, available at any time surveys are the way to go.

Pros

Cons

There are no real issues that we have found.

Response from Survey Methods

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We will continue to work on improving the product and we look forward to helping you meet your survey needs!

Omowunmi from Immaculate Conception High School

This software has enabled my school to collect and analyse data with ease

Pros

It is easy to create questionnaires either from scratch or by copying an existing questionnaire. The option of making the responses anonymous is also great . The results of analysis is presented simply with diagrams and can be shared via e-mails. Questionnaires can be resent with ease and it is possible to prevent multiple responses from one respondent. New features are added from time to time.

Cons

When questionnaires are being launched, each e-mail has to be entered on a different line. This makes the process slow if the the addresses were copied and pasted as one would need to go through to ensure that only one address is on each line.

Carol from University of Roehampton

Excellent product supported by excellent customer service.

Creating surveys has never been easier and editing is so simple. Being able to copy and share the surveys saves time and also allows me to monitor how students are progressing.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Students require no additional teaching before using it for themselves Very good range of questions types and with the ability for answers to be coded to enable data analysis in other statistical packages. Anonymity feature. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Minor niggles only. Finding the option to export the data is not intuitive. It would be useful to have the option to choose how answers are coded, especially when using academically validated questionnaires.

Lucien Paul from Claremont Project

Easy to use, powerful analysis, and professional reports

We can easily evaluate how we're doing operationally and share high quality reports with funders and potential funders. It makes a big difference for us.

Pros

I've used all kinds of survey products over the years, from very basic to super sophisticated/expensive. I've been using SurveyMethods for several years now - mainly to do our customer satisfaction surveys. It's really easy to construct even complex surveys. Pushing them out via email, web or even in paper form is easy too, as is data entry. Once all the results are in, it's also been a doddle to create good looking, professional reports, suitable not simply for internal use but for our various funders and potential funders. On the rare occasions when I've wanted more analysis, I've been able to export the data and crunch away at it to my heart's content. If someone wanted a recommendation for survey s/w or service, I'd certainly suggest SurveyMethods. It's good stuff.

Chris from Logan's Heroes Animal Rescue Inc

Surveys are extremely easy to set up and launch.

This software has helped our organization grow quickly and get animals adopted.

Julie from Durango 9-R School District

We love the ease of use in designing and sending surveys to compile information quickly.

Quick responses that help us effectively help in making decisions that will benefit our school district.

Pros

Very easy for employees to learn and create surveys, and to personalize for different departments and their respondents.

Cons

At times not getting a person at the other end of customer support and having to leave a voicemail, however that is very minor in the big scheme of things because we do finally get our questions answered and able to come to an effective work solution.

Jerome from Hennepin County Medical Center

More feature laden then Survey Monkey.

It is used to regularly gather information from a staff that is spread across the entire city in a dozen different clinics

Pros

Highly customizable interface. Features laid out in a thoughtful way. I have regularly recommended this software as the most intuitive to use.

Cons

preview can be awkward, but that may be more due to unfamiliarity with the interface. As users get more familiar with the product, it becomes much easier to use

Rachel from Cazenovia College

best online survey product I've tried!

Pros

Survey Methods has excellent customer service and provides a free education account for our research. The anonymous feature allows us to collect data securely and in accordance with institutional ethical standards. The interface is easy for faculty and students to use and requires minimal to now training for student projects.

Bill from TEAM Arizona Motorcycle Rider Training Centers

Survey Methods Exceeds Our Expectations!

I'm the marketing director for a school. I often send out surveys to our educators and students. This tool makes the process of creating and managing these surveys a breeze. We can't recommend it enough.

Pros

It is easy to use and understand. The learning curve is very short with this survey tool.

Cons

Nothing. It exceeds our expectations for every survey we've ever done.

Michelle from Nebraska Masonic Organization/Grand Lodge of Nebraska

The web site is excellent and very easy to use.

Pros

I like that the surveys are very easy to create and easily duplicated for new needs. The surveys are easily launched from the site or via url.

Cons

The analyze survey results page is a little bit hard to maneuver sometimes to figure out how to get the report results that you're looking for.

Perfect solution for tenant surveys

Great service, setup was a breeze and we will use them for our annual tenant survey for the foreseeable future. Highly recommend if you're looking for a simple, affordable solution.

Pros

We put together a tenant survey with their software in a matter of days. Super easy to use and we were able to get actionable results quickly using the advanced reporting module.

Cons

Interface is a little dated but it does everything we need it to do.

Response from Survey Methods

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We are working on refreshing the look and feel of the interface and hope that you like what you see when we roll it out. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions.

Kimberly from Mid-Ohio Psychological Services, Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very positive software, easy to use, and effective

Pros

We enjoy the reports and different ways to analyze the data. This has been really helpful for our staff and board.

Cons

We have some difficulties with sharing the reports with our team as after we launch the report the weblink is quickly no longer active.

Robert from NYSACAC

Wery useful tool that allows you to create a final product in a quick and efficient manner.

Pros

Survey methods is very easy to use and proves a quick setup. The export of data is easy to understand and useful for reporting.

Cons

It would be useful if the logic had the ability to be more complex. I would also love the ability to brand the survey a bit more with graphics of varying sizes.

Marilyn from Association for Business Communication

I depend upon SurveyMethods to deliver secure and anonymous surveys. Love your product!

The greatest benefit is being able to confidently tell others that we conduct secure and anonymous elections.

Pros

It can be anonymous, plus the survey can be re-sent to those not yet responding. This means we get a better overall response to the survey.

Mary from Impact Consulting

Excellent customer service

I am offering salary surveys to my clients, and I can customize them to each client, and be assured that I have great support from the company.

Pros

Intuitive, easy design and functionality.

Cons

Still adding new features that will help address my few concerns.

Response from Survey Methods

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the positive feedback Mary! We're happy you've had a good experience using the application and we look forward to building features to meet your needs in the future.

Dawn from Western Academy Charter School

Survey Methods is an easy program to use with great features.

Pros

We like it because of its ease of setup and use. It allows us to survey our staff, parents, and students.

Patrick from Sacred Heart

Very positive and great software to collect data in a profession way.

Data collection, survey storage, easily access data, able to copy surveys.

Pros

Love the options, ease of use, and skip logic. There are a variety of ways to collect data and send surveys out. I also like that there are few limitations with professional. Superior to others and there is a non-profit option for schools.

Cons

My only recommendation would be a little more versatility on the header graphics when setting up surveys.

Ralph from Health Information Management Association of Australia Limited.

Great software providing professional results. We would not consider using anything else.

Useful feedback from members about our products, services and events. We use this to improve what we provide and to assist in creating new products and services that are relevant to members.

Pros

Range of question types. Reporting options. Customizable welcome and thank you screens. Response tracking. Options to export to multiple formats. Easy analysis. Great graphs. Easy for non-technical staff to use.

Robert from American Rare Breed Association

Survey Methods Survey

Communication with the organization was always very responsive, without having to go over the issue time after time.

Pros

The software is put together very well and is easy to use. Especially for me, because I am a novice with regards to survey software. It has good templates and they are to the point of a survey.

Cons

I have not found any issues that concerned me.

Jack from Free Reformed School Association

Survey methods is easy to use and provides professional analysis of your data.

This product makes survey management simple and professional.

Pros

The ease to send out surveys, using the deployment method you choose. The built in choices give a lot of flexibility enabling you to send the survey with the best possible design.

Cons

There seem to be some restrictions in the reports. I often use the export feature to do further analysis in Excel.

Brian from Baptist Health

Love Survey Methods - Highly Recommend

Great option for anonymous employee surveys. Survey Methods delivered exactly what they agreed to and it was even ahead of schedule. Highly recommend this product

Cons

Response from Survey Methods

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We enjoyed working on your project and look forward to the next one!

Miriam from Baycrest

Industry: Research

Excellent tool

We used if to survey employees and volunteers on satisfaction and also for participants.

Pros

It's really easy to learn , not a steep learning curve. We use it across the board and makes surveying very simple and not tedious like it used to be.

Cons

Just like any program you do need someone to show you the ropes but it's quite simple and you can get away learning by yourself.