All SurveyLegend Reviews

Sara

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Easier to use than bigger brands

Highly comparable to Survey Monkey, but better bang for the buck!

PROS

- Drag and drop function - The ability to add page break but stay within the same page

CONS

- Sometimes the drag function freezes while being moved up and down

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

Ease of use for me (the administrator) in creating the survey and easier navigation for the survey respondents.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Pricing and better user experience

Kyle

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Easy to user and an excellent interface

I love it and do do our clienst when we build surveys for them

PROS

I love how easy to use the interface is, Its simple straight forward and gorgeous

CONS

There are no downsides for me, its a great surveying platform

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

because it fits our requirments - like i said we needed the visual component

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Because we have a very specicif need and that is to show questions in a more visual way, This does that

1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Review as a student

Overall it's a great site with an easy to navigate interface, not much more to say there

PROS

Compared to other form sites like google forms or Microsoft forms, I found this easier to use and had more features, I had to search a lot to find a survey maker site that offers pictured questions as Microsoft and google weren't offering it, I'm using the site for free as a student and I find that the features available is pretty good for no payment.

CONS

That there are simple things unavailable like the Opinion Scale which is usually free was unavailable and it prompted me to upgrade to pro, I found this a bit weird because on most, if not all sites this feature is usually free, I wouldn't have been shocked if the slider or even the picture format you had to pay for but seeing as there's a way to get the pro version for free even if it's only a week given I didn't make much of a fuss about it

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

I was looking for features that weren't offered on other form builder sites, and the questions were important for my school project

Keren

Religious Institutions, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Great product, easy to use!

PROS

Setting up fields is a piece of cake, and it's so easy with SurveyLegend's intuitive approach to customise your survey. The presentation of data is also visually appealing and easy to engage at a glance.

CONS

With the longer paragraph-style answers, one has to export data to be able to see the full response... for which one has to upgrade to Pro. As this is a one off, I don't really want to pay a monthly fee! Can there be another option, eg to purchase a particular survey results? Flexibility would be a good addition to this product.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

I switched because of cost. I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for something I'm only going to use once in a very blue moon (once every 2-3 years)!

Emin Çetin

Government Administration, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Practical and easy to use

In general, I liked it and benefitting from it.

PROS

It is very practical and user friendly. Also, cost effective comparing with similar options.

CONS

Question types are limited and available questions are not customizable as well. For example, I want to insert a prioritization question, but I cannot do it with available tools. I have to compromise with my survey and ask such questions in different ways. Also designing sperate questions is also not available. For example, I have several likert-type questions but I have only a carousel-type of a design for all of them. I cannot see all the subquestions together in a table. Finally, I couldn't upload all or a part of my questions at once. I had to write them again.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Survey Monkey's free option is extremely limited and pro version is too expensive.

Environmental Services, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Useful survey creation - limited free functionality

I'm trying to introduce social science and marketing techniques to biologists to help save the North Atlantic right whales, and I'm using the survey as part of this effort. It'll be useful, but could be more powerful with a few more back-end functionality.

PROS

Creating a survey was super easy! Features and functions were intuitive to use.

CONS

Free functionality isn't clear ahead of time. Yes, the number of responses is clear. However, the lack of access to individual responses or export for free accounts should either be made crystal clear up front, or (better still) limited access provided.

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

Because I needed 50 responses or so from a survey. I didn't realise that I wouldn't be able to actually access the responses when they came in until it was already running.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

More free responses per survey.

Scarlett

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Sunflower Childrens centre

amazing, no issues with it at all, effective

PROS

it was very easy to use and set up, helped us a lot gain feedback on the business.

CONS

sometimes a bit hard to see the extra comments.

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

it was easy to use and straight forward and simple but very effective

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

it was so expensive just for a comment box and a little difficult to use

Lise

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Created a survey for a non-profit

I would like to download the results of my survey. I don't mind answering these questions but I got to the end with one method but wasn't able to download a screen shot. I hope I am not asked for the same at the end of this survey!

PROS

Creating a survey with SurveyLegend was easy and intuitive.

CONS

Downloading the results, not as much.

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

I chose SurveyLegend over SurveyMonkey because it seem more user-friendly.

Sunima

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

SurveyLegend - a good alternative website to create surveys

PROS

Easy to create a survey and offers many more features in the free version compared to any other websites that I have found. The platform is also very user-friendly.

CONS

You have to upgrade to paid version before being able to see the individual responses from your survey.

Chavely

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Chavely Taveras - Syneos

PROS

Easy design for my survey, multiple options for what I needed.

CONS

that I wasn't able to obtain my survey results unless I subscribe

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Survey Legend offered more options to design my survey the way I wanted

Ronel

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Survey Legend to gather EXPO data

It was easy to set up and it looked very professional. Also the fact that it was highly customisable made it very user friendly.

PROS

The ease of use as well as the interface.

CONS

There was nothing I did not like. It was easy to use and I really like the product.

Tanjin

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Easiest to use and cheapest on the market for its value.

I have only used it for one survey but I check the responses daily and the emails that let me know when responses have reached 5/10/etc. are also very helpful. Overall, it’s my favourite survey tool to use so far.

PROS

I really like all the data tools that are given to us and that there is an option to export and share the data in various formats. All the information on the individual responses are very helpful. The survey itself is also very customisable so you can personalise as much or as less as you’d like!

CONS

The only suggestion I would have is that it could provide with an estimated time taken or average time taken to the users before they take it. Or give the survey creator the option to show those times.

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

It was the cheapest option while still being highly customisable.

Hi Tanjin, Big thanks for your great review, we are really honored to have amazing members like you :) We do our best to offer an easy to use yet powerful solution with a competitive price. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Ray

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Best survey software I've ever used

Easy to use, great customer service, and helped me achieve my small business goals!

PROS

I am a user experience designer and small business owner. I love how SurveyLegend combines ease of use with beautiful aesthetics. This is a survey I actually enjoyed creating and wanted to put in front of my customers. I needed a survey that customers could rank their favorite products (with photos) and SurveyLegend was exactly what I was looking for. Not to mention, their customer service team rocks! Every question I fielded was answered by their gurus. I will definitely be using their service again. Thank you SureyLegend for building an incredible product.

CONS

I only send about 1 survey every 3 months so an option to pay based on number of surveys sent in a year (or maybe a survey package) instead of a subscription would be helpful for my small business.

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

Mobile friendly, ranking products with photos (two features that were a MUST) and SurveyLegend hit a home run with these

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Survey monkey did not have an option to rank favorite products (with photos), the analytics were harder to distill, and it was hard to do the survey on mobile

Hi Ray, WOW! Your review made us all smile here at SurveyLegend. Glad to hear you found our solution easy to use and helpful, nice that you use the picture ranked question type, it's really an engaging question type and makes surveys, forms and polls look much more modern and fun. Ray, we do have monthly plans, and you can downgrade whenever you're done, even during month one. Go to this page www.surveylegend.com/pricing/ and above the plans you have two buttons, one is yearly and one is monthly, click on the monthly button to get the monthly prices. Thanks once again for the great review we are honored to have amazing members like yourself. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Clare

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great interface but useful features only available with upgrades

I use the system to send out voting forms for my magazine's awards ceremony and track the results.

PROS

The design and user-friendliness of creating the survey is great - very simple to understand and easy to put together.

CONS

Some of the functionalities which could have been free, such as a thank you page and adding links into the survey, are only available with upgrades. Also I would have appreciated an integrated email/message send system within the platform so that I could email out the survey and then send reminders to those who haven't answered automatically, rather than having to keep track of respondents manually.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

SurveyMonkey was getting very expensive. I can have most of the functionality of that system with SurveyLegend at a lower price point.

Hi Clare, Thanks for the review, we do our best to offer as much as we can for free but we are not Google :) meaning we don't sell ads or track your data to provide better ads. We sell our software and do our best to provide live support and amazing ease of use, and in the end, we hope that our members that need the premium features consider paying as the world still requires money for us to live and to be able to offer our services. The same way as you and others need to bill for your services at some point we also must do so. Thanks for being a member of SurveyLegend, we are honored to have you as members bee it free or paid. But please don't forget we have costs :) Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Isaac

Program Development, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2021

the best choice for creating the most visually engaging surveys

Training new staff on how to build surveys and administer them has never been easier. And having worked with a great many different projects, each with their preferred surveying software, surveys built on Survey Legend have been the most visually captivating and has achieved the highest participation rates in our mass or public polls.

PROS

My favorite feature of Survey Legend is the ability to share a secure link to the analytics page for direct monitoring of incoming live data by all team members. Previously, we had to keep uploading exported data into DropBox at regular intervals for everyone to have access to the updates. With this feature, no additional work needs to be done to keep everyone updated; and we do this without compromising the security of the system with mass access.

CONS

The list of third party integration software options is quite thin when compared with other survey platforms within the same range. More services need to be integrated for easier workflow management.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Survey Legend always gave us the least number of incomplete responses, and also always had the highest number of participating respondents. Feedback received from respondents who tried them all said Survey Legend was the most easy and engaging option.

Mariana

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2020

What I think of Survey Legend

It was easy and it makes beautiful surveys but since I have no budget I had to switch

PROS

Beautiful user interface that lets you make beautiful surveys. Easy to make surveys

CONS

The pricing. If you dont pay you can not see one by one data

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

Because it allowed me to do more beautiful surveys.

Pricing

Anikah

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

SurveyLegend as a great platform

My experience was very fruitful as I was able to design my questionnaire in a professional manner at the same time learning new aspects which I can include in my assignments as well as during exams.

PROS

This software was very user friendly. Should you feel lost, various options were available to learn how to use the different components available.

CONS

The main problem I had with this software is that you could not interlink questions. On another note, if users were not eligible to take the questionnaire, there was no way they could skip the rest of the questions straight to submit without having to go through the other questions.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

I made the switch mainly because I was unable to customise my questionnaire to my liking which SurveyLegend does perfectly.

Hi Anikah, Thanks for the review, you seem to have missed our logic and branching feature see link here: https://www.surveylegend.com/user-guide/survey-logic/ You can use logic to send the respondents to the thank you page (an exit page) if they aren't the correct candidate. Our support is always here to help, next time please ask and our support legends will assist :) Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

giselle

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Great trial and no trying to upgrade every minute like survey monkey

Gettin dipstick existing clients views on change post covid

PROS

easy to use and could get help chat to help on questions

CONS

not sure how to use images yet and it was not easy to find out exact needed to look good it will take a bit of practice and we only get 3 frees surveys

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

Better trial product with unlimited responses, looks better for respondents

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

survey monkey - I have used few years ago and subscribed. gone back to trying again and it is impossible to get survey done without upgrade messages all the time and it has limited repsonses

Jessica

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Best Survey tool for companies

I am more than satisfied with their product and will use it again in the future! If you're looking for a way to engage people and make them more willing to answer a series of questions, don't look any further. SurveyLegend is the way to go. I have many positive feedbacks from people I've sent the survey to who were pleased by the design and how intuitive it was

PROS

I was looking for a tool that I could use to start a market research on the type of product i'm developping in my country. Regarding the current situation it was necessary for me that people take the time and enjoy answering my survey. I also needed a tool that would allow me to add pictures in it. The features SurveyLegend has to make the survey more appealing and intuitive are just perfect!

CONS

Maybe an automatic way of collecting emails without having to ask them as part of the survey would be a perfect addition to what you offer already

Reason for choosing SurveyLegend

Better choice, gathered all the features I needed. I look forward to using it again in a few months from now

Zuhairah

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Collect feedback from customer and internal usage

PROS

I have use SurveyLegend both for collection opinion from customer, returning customer and as an feedback collector for our internal staff. It offer many ways to distribute the survey, as an example, it can be shared directly to the email contact list, or to the public using the social media account.

CONS

SurveyLegend is lacks of option for third-party, or outside software integration. We are processing all of our marketing data thru Jira, and if they can integrate their service with Jira, it will definitely improving our workflow as we don't have to export the data manually.

Joël