All SurveyMonkey Reviews

Kristi

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

SurveyMonkey Review: Is A Turn Key Tool.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Easy and Cost Effective

Overall, I highly recommend Survey Monkey for quick and easy survey creation. Even at the free version level, there are a variety of quality features that will make this program very useful for both collecting and analyzing data. The interface is incredibly user friendly, and when used in tandem with the mobile app, this product is very convenient and effective for basic survey needs.

PROS

The Survey Monkey platform gives you a variety of ways to customize your surveys, including multiple choice, short answer, and true/false. It also allows you to easily duplicate previous surveys so that you are not re-creating templates you wish to use regularly. The platform also provides excellent analytics for reviewing responses and trends so that you can better understand and track the results of your surveys. The option to make surveys anonymous is also extremely beneficial for more sensitive topics. The best part is, all of this functionality is available through the free version of the platform. The mobile app is also incredible accessible and easy to use.

CONS

The ability to truly customize your survey (logs, fonts, footers, etc.) is strictly reserved to paid subscriptions. The free version of the application gives you up to a maximum of 10 questions, so unless you want to pay the monthly fee, your surveys need to be very concise. For business use, a monthly subscription requires a minimum of three users at $25 per user. This cost adds up quickly, so unless you are implementing surveys very regularly, you may not see the full value.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

The free version had a majority of the features we need to periodic use.

Fishery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Can't think of a better software for our forms and surveys

SurveyMonkey has been very very handy for our form and survey needs. We mainly use it to manage the registrations and attendee feedback for our events. We used to use Google Forms but it was nowhere near as advanced as SM. It's easy to set up, has lots of advanced form fields like hidden fields and conditional fields, and has better reporting features. Great tool to have overall

PROS

Th etemplate library has dozens of ready-made event-related forms and surveys. It's saved us time from having to design them ourselves, and it's given us new ideas for different fields and question types. The interface also looks smooth and is easy to use for our respondents.

CONS

The lower-tier limits are a bit too low in my opinion. We had to upgrade before we could become 100% confident about using it.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey had the best pricing for the limits we wanted, and it looked more than enough for what we needed.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Google Forms was very basic and didn't have a lot of design options and templates as most other form and survey tools. We decided to make the switch after our events grew past a certain audience.

Doreen

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Your customer service STINKS!

I need to speak to a live human being on the phone or on chat to explain what the issue is and all I get is a bot or an occasional email that doesn't do anything to help me!

PROS

Nothing so far because I can't use it yet!

CONS

Your customer service. You took my money but are refusing to help me when I need to actually SPEAK to someone. It seems if I don't open a very expensive and totally useless account you won't give me the time of day.

Muhammad

Events Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Best Survey and Poll App

I personally like SurveyMonkey for all my office needs. We have almost 200+ employees so SurveyMonkey helps us in polling.

PROS

The interface and easy to make surveys and Polls

CONS

We had a poll in our office for the new internet connection provider and it gives a very good result in polling.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

it was the only best option i knew in the market

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

excel was so hard to make the survey and polls

Martha

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

User-friendly survey solution - SurveyMonkey review

In Human Resource I use Survey monkey mainly for Employee Engagement Surveys; Training Needs analysis, Organizational climate health.The Data gather help me to make decisions and policies/processes that are employee-centric to higher levels of employee commitment, enhance employer brand as a best place to work and ultimate maximize overall staff productivity

PROS

SurveyMonkey is a user-friendly fast to assimilate and caters for wide range of survey needs . The survey process is easy and smooth and the analytics tools are great. Customizing questions feature allows you to tailor the survey to your specific objectives and target audience. This helps gather high quality data that leads to valuable data that in turn helps in well-informed decision-making

CONS

Maybe improve on price structure to a more pocket-friendly

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

Mostly on account of a) user-friendliness and b)) the specifics of the survey requirements

Austin

Wholesale, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Survey Monkey created a few flaws but is definitely recommended for feature members

SurveyMonkey gave me a whole new idea of creating a community of happy clients based on multiple reviews it gave me a very in deep thought of what I can change in my own community

PROS

Keeps your private information anonymous The customers has no complaints

CONS

Relatively easy to use but a bit difficult Survey designs

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

The use of survey monkey gave me a absolutely beautiful experience than what I experienced before although it wasn't my first option but definitely the best one

Gift

Textiles, 2-10 employees

My Testimony

I have been able to keep myself busy with survey monkey, and it's been an amazing journey,an amazing thing to do, the best app to play ,plan and work with.

PROS

I love every features in it and It helped me a lot in Creating my own survey,and yes it's very say to use,I will use it again and again.

CONS

Survey monkey have their downs but it's sure one of the best app that I have used, the most amazing thing about survey monkey is the free trial, it's not every app that give such opportunities, wow and the premium version is super cute.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

I switched because I was satisfied with what I was getting and I wasn't satisfied with the customer service.

1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Survey monkey

Overall it looks great and is a really useful tool

PROS

Its a user friendly way to create surveys and get data from your audience

CONS

It's good quality but can be expensive if you need more than 2 people on it

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

It looked more professional and had more data analytic options

Mariah

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Terrible Subscription

Terrible. I will never recommend this to anyone. Especially since you can online surveys for free. This platform serves no purpose in my mind other than tricking people into buying a subscription.

PROS

I didn’t find survey monkey useful at all. I used it one time for a survey during my subscription and realized it was not worth my money. I requested a refund after a one time use and was told no. I paid $408 dollars to use this platform one time.

CONS

The fact that the support team was so unreasonable after clearly being able to see that I did use the platform and still denied my request for a refund.

Shivalay

Accounting, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

Does exactly what I need

PROS

SurveyMonkey has allowed me to send forms and gather crucial information out to gather information

CONS

Could be more mobile friendly, but I still think its great overall

Ben

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Aesthetically pleasing, effective, and highly customizable

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with SurveyMonkey for our organization's needs. Working for a social organization, our marketing efforts deviate from the standard corporate or business needs. One of our biggest efforts is receiving feedback from programming or educational content and SurveyMonkey has been instrumental in allowing us to do that.

PROS

Having used other products similar to SurveyMonkey, I can safely say that SurveyMonkey is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Its customization allows for branding and personalizing forms to keep marketing efforts in-line with brand standards.

CONS

To have access to more robust analytics, it requires a higher paid plan, which is unfortunate. Paying for a mid-tier option, it feels like those analytics should be included.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

I think SurveyMonkey's ease of access, user-friendly interface, and affordability were all considered in making this the final selection for our organization.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Our desire to make the switch to SurveyMonkey is contained within the name; surveys. Wufoo was a little more form-dense, while SurveyMonkey was better for surveying and engaging our members and soliciting their feedback. It was simply a better fit for our needs.

Alex

Construction, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2021

Advance Survey creation and collection software at a reasonable price

SurveyMonkey met our required needs, which was running a semi-anonymous internal survey for approximately 100 employees. The survey in question was large enough that it could potentially take up to an hour to complete and we were able to make full use of the built in skip logic to allow the submitters to avoid entire sections that did not apply to them. The cost was also extremely reasonable for what was being offfered.

PROS

SurveyMonkey offered all of the features our company required in order to run a employee supervisor satisfaction and evaluation survey at a reasonable price. Our primary requirement was the ability to run the survey semi-anonymously so that we could track who responded to the survey without linking response data to a particular submitter and SurveyMonkey handled this perfectly. Additionally the ability to use survey logic allowed us to design the survey in such a way as to save the submitters time by not exposing them to portions of the survey that were irrelevant to their position/location/circumstances. The pricing model was extremely flexible which was a huge benefit as we only needed to run a few small surveys over the period of a single month, so not being required to sign up for a year saved us a significant amount of money.

CONS

While most of the features are easy enough to use that a none technically included user could handle most of the creation, issuing, and analyzing process there were some areas that required our IT personal to provide advice and assistance. Mostly this was due to the language used to describe certain features not being intuitive enough. While most things were very straight forward the skip logic and collector logic required some experimentation in order to fully determine how they would behave since we found the descriptions to be to ambiguous.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

SurveryMonkey offered the best compromise between price and features for us. The survey that was being run was a employee evaluation of their supervisors and thus our human resources needed to make sure that every employee only submitted the survey once, but also that the information submitted could not be linked back to a particular employee so that they would not have to worry about facing retaliation from a supervisor over their feedback. Traditionally we have used paper survey to accomplish this but decided to attempt to use a more high tech approach to reduce data entry times on both the submitters part and on human resources who would need to manually enter the results into a excel sheet. Free solutions such as Microsoft and Google forms could have met our needs in terms of survey creation but did not offer a robust enough collection solution to ensure both anonymity and user verification. Since our company has extremely limited needs for running survey's more expensive solutions such as SoGoSurvey and Microsoft Dynamics were also quickly removed from consideration. SurveyMonkey provided us with the ideal middle point of price and feature to meet our needs.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

This monkey see what this product does for other so this make this monkey do too!

It's definitely a platform that has a lot of pages and features to it but if you're not paying for a package then you're probably going to be very disappointed because it is simply for quick results from both internal people that you are serving or your customers. There is some ability to customize the survey by putting your own brand or logo on it so that it looks more appealing to those who are you're sending it out to, however, it does have its limitations and could definitely improve in this arena. The biggest problem with the product is that it's doesn't allow you to go as in-depth as if you were to use Google Forms, for example.

PROS

The part that I like most about SurveyMonkey is that the developer and user interface are extremely easy to use. I am able to make a survey for either my group or for other teams that I worked with in my company and I feel like this has helped me work much more efficiently because I'm able to get a sense of how people are feeling towards various projects or procedures that we have put in place in recent months. I also use SurveyMonkey for my customers from my private business that I run apart from my position as a quality manager and it has given me incredible insight into what my customers want and need from me or what I could be doing better.

CONS

The part that I dislike the most is that SurveyMonkey is very limited in terms of the depth of knowledge that you can obtain through surveys. By the way, if you are using the free user interface, you are not able to really collect and analyze your data as good as if you were a paying customer for it.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

Most people are more familiar with SurveyMonkey and I wanted people to want to open up the survey and do it, not discard it because they didn't know what they are receiving.

Rob

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Power your surveys with SurveyMonkey

Recently I was reading often about the SurveyMonkey app and that many people use it and finally decided to try it and see whether is cool or not. I was little skeptic at the beginning but when I created my account and saw the design and how easy it is to work with the app I got involved with it. As I said earlier it brings joy to create your surveys such easy and finally they look even better than you imagined. I think this app can help many personal needs as students, pupils and some kind of personal surveys. Also, the app is very cool and powerful for big business surveys which can save you a lot money, find what people think about your product, help people to register for the event and many more things to do. I pretty recommend it for everyone who wants to power his or her business and personal needs.

PROS

I think this is a cool software because of: 1. It is very easy to use web application. 2. It has an intuitive design and you do not have to waste time in understanding how to create your survey. Everything can be done in a few minutes. 3. You can either create the survey on your own or you can even just answer some questions and the program will create the survey for you. Of course, you will need to edit it a bit, but with automatic creation, it will save you much time creating the design of different questions. 4. Your questions can be very variable - you can use text boxes, multiple choices, insert images, you can use register forms, radio buttons and many more things which will help you express your idea. 5. You can implement logic in your questions which for me is very cool because you can skip or show some questions based on the answers of people. 6. Another powerful tool is that you can get a link to your survey and send it through e-mail, facebook or other social media, you can even embed it to your website - no need to print the survey and go and give it to everyone. 7. When you got the answers, the info is all there and the app visualizes it to you with such cool charts. Even though you can edit the charts and if you do not like them you can choose what is best for your needs or understanding. 8. And finally, there is a responsive design which in nowadays I think is very important because your survey will get to your clients in the best way.

CONS

I didn't found any inconvenience using the app so I think it supports many things and it gives you a good feeling using it. Maybe some people will not like that for some features you need to pay some price, but I think the price is very good for the many features it brings to you. And if you want powerful surveys, this is your app.

Edward

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2018

Professional Survey Creator

Survey Monkey has benefited the company that I work for because it allows us to quickly create surveys that are professional and that make it easy for people to respond. The feature that allows you to filter responses has been one of the most beneficial for my company as it helps us to ensure the people that respond to our surveys are the intended audience. For example, if we want to survey supervisors, Survey Monkey allows us to have the first question of a survey ask if the respondent is a supervisor. If the respondent answers no, that they aren't a supervisor, we can immediately have them directed to a thank you page that explains how we appreciate them taking the time for the survey but that at this time we are only seeking responses from current supervisors. It has been a feature that has helped increase survey response accuracy and save the time of those people who are responding because if they aren't the audience we are looking to survey, we immediately filter them out with the first question so they aren't wasting their time responding and so that we aren't wasting time sorting responses that aren't valid four our purposes.

PROS

The thing about Survey Monkey that I like best are its survey templates. Survey Monkey has so many templates of surveys that are professionally built and designed. The questions that are in the templates are diverse, educated and are all designed with the purpose of the survey in mind. Each question in the templates have its own purpose and is important for the bottom line. I like that if you want to use a template but don't want a specific question or you want to add an additional question or edit an existing question - you can. Survey Monkey's templates are fully customizable.

CONS

I do not like that the Survey Monkey logo and branding appear on all surveys that you create with Survey Monkey. The branding even appears in most of the paid versions of Survey Monkey. I think that - especially if you are paying for an account, that you should be able to opt-out of having the Survey Monkey advertising or branding on your surveys. This is important because when you distribute a survey, you do so with the intention of getting as many responses to the survey as possible. In order for people to participate in surveys - especially electronic surveys, they must trust the source. I have found that many people are concerned when responding to electronic surveys that their answers or personal information will be shared. With the Survey Monkey branding - especially for people that are not familiar with Survey Monkey, it could decrease the likelihood of people trusting the source and responding. I think that all versions of Survey Monkey - even the free account - should have the option to remove the branding. However, I especially think that the paid accounts should have the option to remove the branding.

Grace

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2023

A versatile tool for collecting, disseminating, and/or digesting any desired data

Overall, survey monkey, has a TON of very valuable uses and is generally user friednly for all levels of experience both on the user side as well as with those developing and deploying their products. The features that allow for real-time data collection with the ability to report that data live, have been crucial in my workplace. I hope these in-the-moment capabilities will continue to increase the ability of all workers, to hold those in power accountable, as well as allow for the demand of responsiveness at the time those responses are needed. :)

PROS

I appreciate the range of access to their products, that comes at no cost! aka the features that are Free :) I don't use their products enough to warrant a paid subscription, so being able to create a survey occasionally has been great for a committee I'm on, within my organization. Also being able to use polls to gauge real time reactions to changes within our workplace has helped drive pushback to undesired policies and also increase engagement of co-workers from seeing our peers wrestling with similar feelings/concerns, as they are happening.

CONS

As a user of a couple survery's that were sent to me from partner agency's - outside of my organization (which I tried to respond to while using my work computer & email) I could not tell if my response had been submitted at the end of the survey. One was to register for a training and the last page of the survey monkey registration questions was very confusing as to whether my information had been processed successfully and if I was in fact done with the registration form. I tried to re-enter the information multiple times but each time ended at the same spot. The page included a header on how to create your own survey monkey product but did not direct me on my status or next required steps. I had a very similar experience when presented with an employee feedback survey from a community based organization and I still don't know whether my survey responses were included in that analysis of work satisfaction!

Mary

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Useful, but awkward

Overall, a great option to allow many people to have the desired input at their convenience.

PROS

People can use this online immediately. The survey setup user may need a minute to decide how to lay out their survey with the limite options available, but actually creating the surveys can start right away. Respondents don’t have to sign up for anything, which means an excellent response rate. The survey options allows for open-ended responses, which many other programs do not. You can also limit answer choices, and determine if a question requires an answer or can be skipped. The program will let you determine if the survey closes out at a certain time, or after a certain number of responses, or after all invited respondents have answered. An email notification updates the surveyor on the status of responses.

CONS

An option to rank answers would be a huge advantage, letting the surveyor determine whether all answers need to be included in the ranking. (“Of these 5 entrees, please rank your choices, making an ‘x’ for any that are not options for you at all.”) A preset “scheduling survey” option would be very useful, especially if it allowed ranking of answers. I personally use SurveyMonkey most often to help set meeting dates, times and locations for professionals with divergent schedules. It could be much easier to repeat a question in setup so the next question will have the same setup, answer options, an phrasing as the prior. This option would allow quicker & more consistent survey question setup. I find the current version awkward for sending the survey to specific recipients, moreso than in prior versions. It can be done successfully without too much trouble, but the screens and fields and directives were unclear and not as user-friendly.

Aaron

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

A Powerful Yet Simple Method to Survey Your Offering

Very easy and straightforward to use. You don't have to make your surveys complex. However, it allows you to get to a deeper level if need be.

PROS

I'm developing an online retailing presence for physiotherapy and wellness. And I've used Survey Monkey in every step of our company's development. From market surveys of our logo, to product-quality feedback, Survey Monkey was incredibly helpful when it came to acquiring the data we needed to streamline and tailor our offering, and eventual launch. There are many features that make this software exceptional. Particularly, the design and interface, which is not only customizable, but also professional looking and minimalistic. I think it certainly makes a lasting impression to an audience when your surveys look the part. It also makes data acquisition seamless for both surveyor and respondent. However, the true power of Survey Monkey is in it's data analysis. Especially when you've collected answers from hundreds and even thousands of respondents. This is where it stands out from the rest. It compiles all of the acquired information seamlessly into a single database. From there, you have an arsenal of tools to analyze the data: pie charts, bar graphs, and scatter plots. You can drill down your variables further to get a deeper understanding of what your market is looking for. And finally reveal statistically relevant correlations between features of your product/service your target market. Truly powerful stuff.

CONS

There is none I can think of. We've used this software since the beginning of our inception and we're continually using it for our many projects.

Heidi