SurveySparrow Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2020

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Every step in creating a survey form is super simple and almost no learning curves needed before working with this software."
  • icon"It is nice to experience a survey that feels so much more like a conversation than just answering questions. The interface is clear and easy to navigate and the analytics are top-notch."
  • icon"The feature I like the most in Survey Sparrow is their ability to save a response that was partially filled."
  • icon"Also, the whole having to resign in every time you go to the site is a little annoying."
  • icon"Lot of dependence on developers, which is a huge time suck. Doesn't allow you to handle bulk loads such as deleting or copying an audience list."
  • icon"Lack of email marketing features. There is no way to send reminders easily or even segment audiences."

Have you used SurveySparrow and would like to share your experience with others?

All SurveySparrow Reviews

More than just a survey tool

Halimatun

Create and distribute survey easily

Pros

Great things with SurveySparrow is, i can build a survey form easily with the build-in template that they have provided and select the survey theme that match with my objective. I also can select the question from the suggested question section.

Cons

I have tried to moving around some of the text field on the survey form, but it just not snapped on the grid that i want and it making a mess to the form layout and design. I have tried it multiple time, but it just not happening and i don't think there is any way to do it properly.

Saurabh

Missing key features!

It has been a roller coaster ride. There are high points of using them and lot of cons. They seem to lack the maturity required for handing huge workloads. My recommendation to others would be to clearly review the product and understand email limits etc before selecting them. If you are looking for email based surveying capability then stay away.

Pros

1. Chat based survey capability 2. Open integration 3. SMS Text capability

Cons

1. Poor chat (only) customer support. Takes hours to get a small thing done. 2. Lack of email marketing features. There is no way to send reminders easily or even segment audiences. 3. Lot of dependence on developers, which is a huge time suck. 4. Doesn't allow you to handle bulk loads such as deleting or copying an audience list. 5. Webhooks have trouble connecting to AWS public gateway.

Hak Chong

Industry: Information Services

June 2022

Like a Sparrow, it has all component to fly like a bird.

SurveySparrow was my first Survey Application to garner the feedback of my audiences and it works very well with the younger folks as its Chat mode is very intuitive and friendly.

Pros

To upgrade to the next level can be costly.

Cons

Basically, SurveySparrow does its role for simple form, and when I intend to upgrade to include more features, I held back because of its pricing.

Reasons for choosing SurveySparrow

Not at the moment of purchase

Reasons for switching to SurveySparrow

Although Google Forms does its work very well, its design is rather 'old fashion'

Sthefany

Industry: Investment Banking

June 2022

Robust platform for data collection

Pros

It facilitates the collection of omnichannel data through email, web link, social networks, among others. Surveys have a nice modern look. Ready-to-use templates are very useful and help save time. Offline surveys work perfectly and 360 feedback surveys are very versatile as well.

Cons

This platform is very complete and versatile, the only problem is that, to enjoy the advanced functions, the cost rises considerably.

jason

April 2022

Survey sparrow review(2022)

Helps to better understand how my visitors interact with my business, providing possibilities to improve on it. Will recommend it!

Pros

Survey sparrow is a tool every business needs if you really care about improving your customer shopping experience and satisfaction rates. With its powerful features, you can understand how your clients behave and easily track the way they interact with your website. What impresses me most is the logic feature which lets me build brainstorming forms that appear as live questionnaires to my visitors- it gives the visitor the impression that they are interacting with a live agent( that's the sensation I had the first time testing it). The LOGIC section is what you should accentuate more on if you ask me. With this tool, you get to define factors that will trigger the form's display on your website( for pop-ups) usually defined by the percentage scroll rate or an average session duration(measured in seconds). I find this extremely helpful as it keeps my web pages clean and nice-looking, especially for my service pages. You equally get to choose between inline and side widgets placements as well. This software will help your business understand how to better serve your clients.

Cons

nothing complicated yet and hopefully, the developers keep making updates.

Reasons for switching to SurveySparrow

offers poll options, however, are not professional.

Ngenge

July 2022

Survey Sparrow

Survey sparrow is very helpful for creating awesome and professional surveys-I firmly recommend it.

Pros

Survey Sparrow is the B.O.B survey builder we've ever used. Its results speaksout better than Jack Sparrow himself. The logic functionality is as smart as Jerry the cat and with this tool, you can collect usefull data on how your customers, site visitors and team members perform vis-a-vis to your business. Survey sparrow makes quizze nad polls building experience highly simplified and is very accurate and smart. It has a ton of pre-made templates to use and this helps to reduce the stress-anyway. It equally provides a trial period, where you can test out the power of this tool. There is much to say but, in a nutshell- It's the ideal option for your business and I will always recommend it.

Cons

It's working very well and haaven't got any issues with it yet.

Reasons for switching to SurveySparrow

It's good, howevern doesn't have nice looking designs and It's also expensive

Maszni

A very good survey software

Collect feedback from customer and client. Very easy to deploy it into different platform and saves my time when collecting feedback and leads.

Pros

Every step in creating a survey form is super simple and almost no learning curves needed before working with this software. Distributing and sharing they survey into email or medial social also can be done easily as they has a shortcut to share it to Facebook or Twitter for a survey that we need opinion from the public.

Cons

The drag and drop question box is quite buggy and not correctly snap into the alignment. It make the customization process with the survey form more harder than it should be, and i hope they can look into it as soon as possible. User will need to upgrade to premium plan to access to more complex feature.

Reasons for switching to SurveySparrow

Google Forms only suitable for a very basic survey and not much data can be displayed on the report.

Everly

Excellent software and alternative to Typeform!

Excellent service and fast support!

Pros

I love that the software is flexible and not too expensive. Support are great and helped resolve my clients issues fast! My clients and their clients love this software. The best resolution to typeform issues!

Cons

There were a few issues at first with partial submissions and submissions still being submitted without consent but the team resolves those issues fast, no other company was as customer centric as surveysparrow.

Reasons for choosing SurveySparrow

No other software was interactive or functional

Reasons for switching to SurveySparrow

The software didn’t work with Facebook advertising causing my clients’ client to miss valuable leads

SurveySparrow - A simple and easy way to make surveys

I am solving getting customer feedback in a simple and easy way without making it a big task for them to complete or be put off by the complexity. So far I have had good response as customers dont seem to mind the surveys and they work well on a mobile.

Pros

The free trial of the Enterprise was an excellent idea to make sure you can see all the options, it was very simple to use and a lot of templates to get you started. There are a lot of addons which would be very useful when connecting to others online services.

Cons

It could do with a few more customizations and add ins for the program I use on a daily basis but it still works well and some of the buttons are not logical.

Reasons for choosing SurveySparrow

It worked better on a mobile, it works with Zapier and the free trial without the hassle of entering your payment details was a good plus point.

Louise

SurveySparrow..potentially the only solution you need

Overall SurveySparrow is already good with the potential to be amazing.

Pros

Easy to use Demo's Templates Image Bank

Cons

Inability to move through the visual view of the survey without going from start to finish to see edits Renaming is only available on the Enterprise subscription Price of the Enterprise subscription Lack of ability to have 2 connected short questions in 1 view Lack of intergrations

Reasons for choosing SurveySparrow

SurveySparrow contains many, but not all of the advantages of Typeform, but is more cost-effective.

Price

Romaric

November 2022

SurveySparrow

Survey Sparrow is my #1 online survey builder. Nor the purpose of my surveys, Survey sparrow has always met my needs. It's easy to work with and has a lot of advanced customizable options that are very great for user experience feedback.

Pros

Survey sparrow is the best survey builder I know so far. The developers are innovating the overall user-feedback building experience and that's amazing.The conditional logic feature in survey sparrow is far way more advanced than those in alternative tools I've used so far. It's damn too smart and sounds rather too conversational and friendly.With this natural and friendly touch, the customer feels extremely engaged and that boosts the overall conversion rates for whatever purpose the form was built for.I like to start my surveys with a warm message, that makes the reader feel important and increases the overall interaction and engagement rates.then; I enjoy giving users multiple options as this keeps them more focused on providing just simple answers than putting them to work (thinking).The logic condition helps me to assign a suitable option to each question asked. This creates a specific condition that will trigger a particular answer or option for multiple choice and all the questions in general.The survey sparrow form builder is very neat and there are even tons of pre-built templates available. These templates are suitable for beginners and can help to save some time too.The analytic & reporting parts of the tool also work well and provide in-depth data on how users interact with my forms and this helps me to know how good or bad the form is doing.

Cons

The cost for this plugin is quickly expensive and I must say, it's not suitable for most start-ups and individual businesses. It would be great if the company makes little adjustments to the spring options or even add custom-pricing options to the tool which will enable each user to only pay for a certain amount of features they want.

Reasons for switching to SurveySparrow

It's quite nice but, the formidable forms builder is mostly inclined toward building tabular review forms ( e.g product ratings) which is rather too complex to work with.

Fly Like A Bird, Survey Like A Sparrow!

The way SurveySparrow can handle input from visitors via chat is a tremendous help. People tend not to fill in surveys when just linked to a more static "normal" survey. But with the survey integrated into their chat application, we see more people responding. Meaning we are able to gather more valuable data than before. We made some adjustments to the website as we learned that some parts of our navigation was not that simple, according to our visitors feedback. That is a clear benefit we have realized and could not have done without the feedback we got via SurveySparrow. Give it a try, this is something you really need to experience first hand. No review will do this justice compared to just “flying in”!

Pros

The feature set is incredible and apparently ever growing. I like that SurveySparrow are continuously working on new functionality. Sure there was a learning curve, but it was not steep. We like it so much that we upgraded to a (newer) higher tier, which gives us even more functionality. We are already actively looking at our internal processes to so see how we can further improve our integration with SurveySparrow. Special shout out to their support team; they are good listeners, knowledgeable and solutions focused. I had some small feedback on a SurveySparrow newsletter, got a mail back the same day thanking me for my comment and got asked if I had anything else to share, improving future outreach.

Cons

SurveySparrow changed their tiers (for the better), but did not notify us. Improvement could (and always should ) be made regarding their external communication. We had some difficulties to login in the past, but it turned out that at that moment there was some maintenance going on, and we did in fact received an email about this (which we overlooked). Can happen, not a big problem.

Pratap

December 2022

Best survey building platform

Data and opinion collection is used to implement our best ideas into public. This collection of data and opinion is easily done by using the SurveySparrow. We can obtain feedback and opinions from the customers.

Pros

SurveySparrow allows us to create most interactive and conversational surveys. The surveys created using SurveySparrow will get more responses from targetted participants. This platform has several types of templates in it which are used to create surveys instantly.

Cons

SurveySparrow platform has some best features than other survey builders but they are only available for paid subscription only.

Reasons for choosing SurveySparrow

Based on the subscription prices and familiarity among the users.

Reasons for switching to SurveySparrow

The SurveySparrow provides more features than SurveyMonkey. SurveySparrow allows us to create more responsive and conversational surveys.

Ramon

Make surveys delicious again. For both sides, enquirer and queried!

- Acquiring feedback and other information from customers in an easy, clean and fashioned way - Survey Sparrow saved us time and money because it is beautiful out of the box with minimal design options

Pros

- Beautifully designed front and back end. Very easy to set up a survey, send it via email by their service, create different weblinks for one survey, post it within the dashboard to your desired social media channel or embed it on your website. - Two options to embed it on your website: Inline or as a gorgeous chat widget (automatically or triggered by user) - Change default language & string translation to make it fit your way to speak to your customers perfectly (Unfortunately only on account level and not survey level) - The team behind Survey Sparrow is very open to user feedback and replies fast to queries, issues and recommendations - They develop the software constantly. Every month you receive an email with the newest improvements

Cons

- The chat theme doesn't support multiple rows. If a person writes a longer answer to a question, only the part which fills the row is visible to him. - You cannot change the branding for each survey. If you like to use the chat theme for some surveys and the form theme for other questions, the color and image choice may fit for one of them really well, but for the other not. - Webhooks are only available for the enterprise plan for bugs a month. Other services like Typeform provide Webhooks even at the free plan. - They don't save your login beyond your browser session. Every time I have to log in again.

Nice tool for short surveys

For a detailed interviewing tool with complex question trees, it can definitely do the job, but the lack of easy copying of groups of questions and logic branches makes the builder labor-intensive.

Pros

While looking for a TypeForm alternative I came across SurveySparrow. Since we ultimately were not able to use it, I can only comment on the builder tool. Compared to TypeForm (which I worked in as a premium user for several months), SurveySparrow was faster for large survey with multiple logic leaps, the UI did not have the bugs I became accustomed to in TypeForm and SurveySparrow had good optionality for a technical survey (the number field accepts decimals, which TypeForm does not; matrix-type questions have a reasonable amount fo flexibility). Overall: fast, flexible with good optionality on questions. Great, responsive customer service.

Cons

Unfortunately, we ended up not selecting it. We had difficulties copying groups of questions and entire logic branches (which we need to be able to do), so building a large, complex survey would have been too labor intensive. Maybe it is possible, but I could not find an easy way to do it and was working against a deadline.

Reasons for switching to SurveySparrow

(1) On a large survey with multiple logic leaps, TypeForm got very slow in the builder. My experience of SurveySparrow was that it was quite fast. (2) TypeForm was not able to support a quantitative survey of the type that we needed due to inability to enter decimal points in the numbers field. So '3.54' input by a respondent would come through as '354'. (3) TypeForm had lots of bugs in the UI.

Paige