• Pros

• "This tool is great for usability studies. It is easy to create a study and launch it using their panel. "

• "It’s very easy to use, for the most part, and the payments are quick to receive, always on time and reliable. "

• "This software is EASY to use and has an INCREDIBLY HUGE user pool to pull from. Tests complete within an hour!"

• Cons

• "The price. If it were up to me, we'd definitely use this platform for user testing moving forward, but the price tag made it a tough sell to the higher-ups in my company."

• "There were a number of glitches and it can get a little expensive, but it is worth it for specific problems that you can pin point and need to solve. "

• "There is not much like a disadvantage of using usertesting, it is bit expensive but i think the feedback from the testers worth the expense so it is very good."

Browse UserTesting Reviews

Rabindranath Robby from Self Employed

Industry: Information Services

UserTesting Review

Overall, I like Usertesting's communication with testers who are using their app and website. They are able to get back to you as soon as they can. The app may crash at times which can be annoying, but they give out frequent tests and is the most used website. I would continue to use their app and website. I just wish some of the crashes were fixed.

Pros

I like the app a lot. The design of the app is very sleek. The functionality works good where I do not have many problems with it when it comes to tapping on the menu or when I receive tests. I am able to communicate with Customer Support fairly fast and they are able to compensate when it comes to finding bugs at times. They also have an option where you can check to see other tests on the laptop / desktop which they can allow you to test multiple devices. You do get paid to take their tests and they are very good about giving payment. Though, it may take a little longer to receive at times.

Cons

There are times when the app takes a long time to open after receiving a test. There are other times while you are taking one of the tests which you received that there will be lag time for a minute when clicking on the plus sign. Once tapping on the plus sign on the app, it may freeze, and take awhile to get to another page they may request for you to use. Sometimes after you do that, the app crashes.

James from WestJet

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

UserTesting Review

Love it and have recommended it to friends in the same field.

Pros

First and foremost their customer service and feedback is beyond anything I have seen. If I run a user test and there is an error not only will they get back to me in real time, they will walk you through what caused the error so you can avoid it in the future. As for the product itself it took me about a day to feel like a power user, its very intuitive and is such a welcoming UI.

Cons

Every once and a while prototypes using adobe XD will cause about 5% of testers to load a prototype that does not work.

Reasons for Choosing UserTesting

They had the best customer feedback and responses. They were always available to chat and walk us through anything we did not understand.

Outstanding Usability Tool

UserTesting is an awesome tool to get high quality feedback about your products in a matter of minutes. As an example, I might have three different potential designs for a new feature that I want to test. I can show all three designs to a testing panel and receive qualitative and quantitative feedback that is clear, insightful, and meaningful. As a software product manager, it's awesome when you have data to support your product decisions. UserTesting provides that data. Again, I highly recommend it for product managers, designers, usability researchers, and anyone else looking to gather customer and product feedback.

Pros

UserTesting is an essential tool for any product management, design, or usability team. In a few minutes, it's so easy to set up and design your own usability test. And the best part is that there's no need to recruit participants. Through upfront screener questions, you can leverage UserTesting's panel of high quality testers, with responses typically available within a matter of hours (or sooner). As a Product Manager, I've run several tests with UserTesting and the responses I receive really help to guide our product roadmap decisions. I highly recommend it.

Cons

Occasionally (i.e. 1 in 50), you might encounter a tester who shouldn't be on the panel, but UserTesting is really good about replacing that person with a new tester if you request it. Other than that, I struggle with citing any negatives for UserTesting. It's a terrific tool.

Craig from CC'S Lingerie & Bras

Usability Testing made simple

My overall experience with UserTesting platform is good because it was able to help me determine user experience hurdles which my customers were facing. So, I could combine those qualitative insights with quantitative analytics from Google and come up with an optimization plan for my website. Once I fixed those high priority usability issues, I saw a high lift in customer engagement, drop in cart abandonment and spike in conversions. Hence, the dollars invested in UserTesting to test my website more than paid for it.

Pros

I use UserTesting platform to do website usability testing for my own e-commerce site. So, I can know if my customers are having issues with how my website is designed or if its content is not relevant to customers' expectations. I hire testers through UserTesting platform at an affordable cost. And, give a specific use case. For example, browse a product detail page and confirm if the user was able to navigate to it quickly. And, once the user landed on product detail page, did he find the content per his needs. I was able to improve conversion rate and revenue driven from my e-commerce site through UserTesting.

Cons

I sometimes get test results where the audio and video of the user test is not of top quality. Because the user may not have the best headphone or microphone or a stable noise-free environment when testing. If UserTesting team can ensure testing equipment used is of highest quality, the insights gleaned from those tests will be more reliable and actionable for e-commerce businesses like mine. Additionally, sample size of user tests is sometimes too low to trust the results. Because only one or two testers may have tested a specific use case. So, the user testing team should ensure minimum number of test results.

User testing helped us to provide real insights for our products.

We have used many testing platforms but User testing is one of the best one which allowed us to create tasks for the testers and to know their feedback about our websites and their testers provide us very helpful feedback and corrections that are needed in our website, overall user testing is really good platform for us.

Pros

One of the best features of user testing is that we can create Number of tasks for testers. we can add multiple choice and text based questions. it provides us real feedback from their experienced testers, which is always helpful before launching our product. their feedback and queries are true and helpful if we need to make any changes to our program.

Samuel from TalkTalk

Amazing tool

Pros

I guess the tool overall is very easy to use, you'll find your test have participants assigned in less than 20/30 min or around 2 hours for live conversation moderated tasks. The team at Usertesting is also amazing and always willing to help out.

Cons

there are a few things that need improvement, but these are very small things and mostly on new functionalities that are being worked on.

Reasons for Choosing UserTesting

The team at Usertesting is just amazing, that in itself was a factor we considered, but also I'd say the pricing was more appealing.

Jonathan from Direct Energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

My UserTesting Experience - GREAT!

The Usertesting tool is very easy to use. There is such value that is brought through the ability to examine how others experience your products and services. Even if you're not a professional researcher, UT makes the tool easy to use, with tons of pre-made templates for your use and editing ability. The support team is very helpful and informative.

Pros

There are many parts of the tools I enjoy. The pre-made templates makes it easy for a non-researcher like myself to create tests and edit them based on my specific need. The support team is very helpful and knowledgeable. The ability to mark up the videos by taking notes of important thoughts/sections. The ease of use and dynamic functionality.

Cons

I still think there are areas of improvement but it's clear that they are always adding new features and additional value to their products. One thing that sticks out to me is that there could be some improvements in terms of the collaboration between larger teams. For instance, a team mate can create a test and add notes to it but I want to review and take notes also. I have no way of knowing whos notes are whos.

Lainie from State of Missouri - OA/ITSD

Excellent tool to capture usability information

I have been a usertesting user for over four years and it has been a very positive experience overall. I truly enjoy the oportunity to use the software and to provide feedback on a wide variety of sites and services. The company is very professional and the tool just keeps improving over time.

Pros

This tool has great flexibility in what type of testing you want to do: Public website, mockups from various mockup tools, card sorting, task testing, etc. For the end user taking tests, it does a great job working in a wide variety of scenarios and platforms When taking a test and you have a technical issue and the issue is not on your end, they kindly will still pay you for your time, I appreciate that.

Cons

For the end user taking tests, it still has its share of technical issues you run into, but overall, I don't experience many.

Evelyn from Optum

Great for user testin!

Overall, it is a great usability study tool however it lacks depth as a tool. it does not have all the features of other tools.

Pros

Cons

I do not like that they are only used for usability testing. There are a lot more methods that i would like them to integrate.

Stephanie from Family dollar

User testing

Pros

This software was easy to navigate and account settings were easy to complete.

Cons

The software didn't give enough opportunities to keep installed on my phone.

Phong from Self Employed

UserTesting Review

Things being what they are, is it going to supplant extraordinary client specialists? By no means. Is it going to be an incredible instrument that scientists can use in explicit conditions to make particular sorts of testing quicker and less expensive? Completely! Maybe the best contention for utilizing Usertesting.com is that you can bring it into organizations that aren't as of now doing any client research whatsoever. Whenever someone in your association says they don't have the opportunity or financial plan for client testing, chuckle twistedly and refute them.

Pros

There is no mediator. Extraordinary arbitrators are incredibly useful for client testing. Tragically, most undeveloped individuals are horrendous mediators. They lead, they clarify, they won't shut up… essentially they do all that you can envision to guarantee that you'll have a one-sided test. It is amazingly quick and modest. Client testing can be costly and tedious. Selecting alone can cost many dollars. Regularly, selecting firms need in any event seven days to arrange members, and you generally need to plan additional individuals to compensate for flake-outs and suddenly insane individuals. This is essentially false with Usertesting.com. Set up your test, pay a ludicrously limited quantity of cash per member, go out for a longish lunch, and return to finished recordings of individuals utilizing your item. It is extremely simple to share the recordings. Be that as it may, conveying a connect to online recordings of individuals utilizing the item immeasurably expands the quantity of individuals who will see in any event one client test. What's more, indeed, you could video tape or screen catch face to face tests, convert then to video, post them on a server and send the data to individuals, however this is simply a lot simpler.

Cons

I have not yet discovered a decent method to test models with Usertesting.com. At the point when I structure, I make extremely scrappy, fragmented mockups of items. Normally, these solitary disagreement one program, they have no visual plan, and huge pieces of them won't generally work or will utilize counterfeit information. I can manage these issues in a one-on-one meeting by clarifying that the models are not genuine, giving the member some assistance in territories where the model isn't great, or delicately reminding them not to focus on the visual structure. This isn't generally conceivable without a human mediator. Frequently, when I'm trying, I'll plan a break of a couple of hours or overnight between the initial scarcely any members and the last not many. This gives personal chance to roll out quick improvements to the model. Suppose that the main couple of meetings show a huge issue. By rapidly fixing that issue, I can get clients past the issue and locate the following most serious issue. Different occasions, I'll really change the conversation manage on the fly since something fascinating comes up, and I need to become familiar with it.

Kane from Chico's FAS, Inc.

Amazing

How can you build a product or service that meets the needs of your customers... if you never bother to ask those customers what their needs are? UserTesting is a platform that allows you to interact with the people who matter the most -- the people using your product or service -- and gather valuable insights regarding how they feel about what you're building for them. From simple design preference tests to in-depth moderated studies, UserTesting allows you to place the customer where they belong: at the center of everything you do.

Pros

Cons

Nothing! I love UT and use it every day.

Pricing and pool

Kristen from Vernier Software & Technology

UserTesting Encourages a Consumer-Centric Mindset in Our Company

We primarily test our messaging and marketing materials through UserTesting, and we have found this platform to be essential to supporting iterative processes. Being able to test through UserTesting has encouraged our stakeholders to ask questions and contributed to stronger content overall. UserTesting also provides unmatched customer support through chat, phone, or email. The training provided by the online community and the support is exceptional when it came to launching our first tests through UserTesting.

Pros

UserTesting is intuitive and provides a multitude of templates for quick test deployments. It has changed the way our stakeholders think about qualitative feedback, and they frequently ask if we can test ideas through the platform. We have found that the participant pool is sufficient for targeting the exact participants that we are looking for, and the additional screener questions are easily customizable. The tools for creating highlight reels are easy to use, especially when it comes to assembling highlight reels through the available tagging feature. Plus, we have started to investigate the available integration with Slack to quickly share results.

Cons

Integrating UserTesting was difficult, as our stakeholders are primarily scientists that lean more on quantitative data. The metrics provided in UserTesting are not considered as a statistically significant sample size, especially since our license is limited to 5 participants per test. Now, however, UserTesting an essential part of developing our marketing materials. In addition, after witnessing the benefits of utilizing UserTesting during prototyping stages, our software teams wanted to join in and use the platform for testing during app development. The opportunity to test on mobile devices is exciting.

Nice and easy way to get some reward while helping companies

Pros

I like these kind of cooperation websites where you can help companies test their websites and you also get some compensation in return. With UserTesting, you just need to create an account and you get notified whenever a new testing is available for you. Sometimes you need to answer some screening questions first to see if you are a match for the test. These questions can be related to where you live or from where you are from, most of the time. If your answers are a match you can then move forward to the test. They are all different, as it will depend on what a given client needs to check. So it can go from browsing the Internet to look for a potential present for your best friend, to trying to find some specific information from a given website. Your screen is being recorded during the whole process and you need to speak your thoughts out loud so that the client knows what comes to your mind while you are performing the test. There are no right or wrong answers as it's just what a normal user would do. If you complete the test successfully (that is you get to the end and the recording and audio are uploaded successfully), then you get paid for it!

Cons

Sometimes you don't pass the screening questions, which can be frustrating. :) Also, since this works as a first-come-first-based basis, it can happen that the test is no longer available when you click on it. Otherwise, the platform works great and I love the idea behind it.

Get the right users easily, but annoyingly

User Testing enables me to get in front of the right user provided you're crafty with how you screen your participants. I've used them to conduct usability testing, user interviews, and comparative UI research. It enables me to reach potential users that, for business reasons, I wouldn't have access to in order to conduct user research.

Pros

They make it really easy to get the right participants for your studies, mainly because they have such a large panel. Note-taking and tagging is fairly useful.

Cons

Their plans come with limits on the number of participants per study, if you want more participants per study you have to pay more. Instead they give you this annoying workaround where you can do an unlimited number of studies, which means you have to send them out in batches and then combine the data later, which can get tedious. When you need to replace a participant for one reason or another they make it a little difficult to accomplish. You have to either give the participant a bad rating or report an issue with the video. For such a common issue you'd think they'd have an option to directly replace a given participant.

Shamraiz from Finastra

If you are in the market for fast, valuable insights this is for you !

Pros

Huge pool of users across the globe and especially Canada. This saves me time and I have never had to wait more than a few hours to get my tests back. The users are well informed and provide good feedback, sometimes you get a bad apple but the folks at user testing are more than happy to resolve it for you.

Cons

It can be a little hard to board new users. That being said, the community managers are there to guide your new team members and get them started.

Response from UserTesting

Replied December 2019

Thanks so much for the review, Shamraiz! We really appreciate it! We're also always looking to improve--would love to chat with you about your onboarding experience and see how we can make it better! Cheers, Lauren

Great for quick, on-the-surface feedback and User Testing

Love it for what it is... A quick way to get test participants in the un-moderated User Test realm. You do gain a lot of insight from being able to just focus on the video recording instead of having to keep track of the recording AND moderating at the same time. You can usually get results back quickly and are able to analyze findings and reiterate quickly because of it.

Pros

Generally easy to set up a test. Being able to get participants is very easy and quick. Usually get results and feedback quick because of fast turning candidate pool. The features it comes with can help and the results options and stats are somewhat telling.

Cons

Features can be limited for what it is. Politics of pay per test are sometimes what keeps me from not testing here because the value gets decreased if it's something small I need to test(I'm paying more than I'm getting). Results stats are sometimes misleading to an overall picture. The instructions need to be carefully written so that you're not giving instructions that are leading or given on the wrong screen.

Juan from Choice Hotels

Easy to use and quick turnaround for research

I am helping my designers and product owners get feedback on new concepts, redesigns, or existing products.

Pros

The quick turnaround on studies is the best part about Usertesting! I am able to launch a study and get results in a few hours. It is also very flexible, you can bend the platform to your will.

Cons

The users on the platform tend to be "professional" testers. Profesional meaning that they do testing so much that you have to screen carefully if you are looking for somebody that is more like your typical user.

Response from UserTesting

Replied December 2019

Thanks, Juan! We really appreciate the review!

Best user testing service I've used

It's made A/B testing and getting user feedback on interfaces, prototypes, and other ideas quick, of high quality, and more affordable than doing face-to-face user tests.

Pros

The backend is incredibly flexible. You can set up robust, multilevel screeners and target a very specific slice of the testing population. Reviewing responses is smooth and you can do nice things like annotating, bookmarking, etc. at certain points in users' responses.

Cons

You do need to be careful when setting up screeners. Once I made a mistake and didn't get the subset of the population I was intending to target, and had to pay for tests that weren't particularly useful. However, that was my mistake so I can't blame the vendor too much for that!

Response from UserTesting

Replied October 2019

Thank you for your review! We love to hear feedback like this that confirms we're heading in the right direction.

Joani from National Institutes of Health

I Love UserTesting

I have been testing with UserTesting for 2+ years. Testing websites and smartphone apps is lots of fun for me, so I typically have a great experience with UserTesting.

Pros

Software is very user-friendly. Notifications are provided regularly when tests are available and payment for testing is always on time.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is you have to wait 7 days to be paid for tests you have completed.

Great little way to make a few extra $$...if you're sitting at a computer all day!

It's a great way to make a bit of pocket money on the side, if you're sitting at your computer for work all day anyway, and have a bit of flexibility to take a 10-20 minute break on essentially no notice. Overall the software itself is really easy to use. Even someone with little IT knowledge could probably figure it out with all the instructions they provide every step of the way.

Pros

The software itself is VERY easy to use. It has a lot of walkthrough instructions (even when they put out mandatory new releases and changes are made to the UI). They make it really simple to understand how to use it. Step by step instructions, and the UI is laid out in a very easy-to-use way.

Cons

Seems like it must be a resource hog. Every time I use it my fan starts running, the computer seems to heat up a lot, etc.

Jenipher from Jenipher Lyn / Nightly Doodles

I almost 100% love this program.

Pros

I was super excited to find Usertesting. When I first started a couple years ago, I was able to take a bunch of tests which I was super thankful for.

Cons

These days though, it's very hard to even get accepted. And I don't really love that the same test comes up like 10 times. It takes up too much time to sort through dozens of the same test I don't quality for.

Response from UserTesting

Replied July 2019

Thanks Jenipher for being a valued tester! We love that you're finding UserTesting to be high quality and encourage you to continue providing outstanding feedback like you always do.

Pawel from paulmuha

Industry: Photography

Amazing tool

Pros

You get to test and provide feedback on new and latest applications and websites.

Cons

Screen recorder on Android quite often freezes, especially when you have to download an app before start of test. Also lately customer support has been very slow to respond to issues.

Lorali from Great Clips

Easy Money

This software is great all around. It is an opportunity to earn extra income on the side all while giving your opinion about using certain websites. Easy work. Every time I have come across glitches in the software, I have had great experiences with customer support. Fast response and always help solve the issue.

Pros

This software is simple to use. It is very self explanatory and I get paid for my opinion about the website I am testing. If you are accepted as a tester, it is well worth your time for short testing sessions that pay at least $10 each.

Cons

I wish I had more opportunities for multiple tests a day to ultimately earn more extra income on the side.

Maria from Vimeo

My Go To tool for Testing

My experience has been generally really good and it's my go to tool for testing. The pool of participants is so large, I feel like I'm getting feedback at a faster pace than I would with other tools.

Pros

One of the most thrilling parts of this project has been when I've set up a test, added the details of the types of users I'm looking to test, launching it and viewing a live feed of candidates found. There is a sense of excitement involved in this process and I really like that usertesting.com makes that an aspect that I can see.

Cons

Not many tools for reviewing the feedback from users. Currently, I can speed up the frame rate and view the sections where my tasks/questions were listed for the participant, but it feels like this is an area that has more potential in terms of tools and features. Setting up a test is seamless, however reviewing it is rather dull. It would be great to see more interactive tools or insights about the participants, or maybe more tips on how to improve the test in the future.

Bartosz from GEOKRAK sp. z o.o.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Superb platform for getting user feedback.

I've been a participant in their tests. The recording app is light, doesn't affect the performance of user's PC, and the pay is competitive.

Pros

Clear and transparent rules and guidelines for their tests. They ask their testers to be as thorough as possible, and I am certain, that the feedback coming to the client is accurate and worth the money.

Cons

Literally nothing. They are fair and their UX testing gets the job done.

Great tool for marketing

Overall, UserTesting works great for all types of marketing testings and projects. It won't disappoint you.

Pros

I use UserTesting's marketing solution to test campaigns (big budget ones) before launching them. For instance, I recently tested a funnel with UserTesting and tweaked it based on the feedback. The best thing about UserTesting is that it gives instant results. You can have campaign tested in less than a day. It is also helpful in improving customer experience on your website, landing page, or app onboarding. You can test pretty much anything as a marketer with UserTesting. They have a huge database of people who are willing to test and give you feedback.

Cons

It isn't recommended for time-sensitive marketing campaigns and projects. If you need user feedback on a very narrow campaign with tight scope, you won't find a lot of users and this will delay your project.

Brittany from Appen

Easy to use most of the time

I’ve had mostly positive experiences with Usertesting and customer service always helps when there is an issue.

Pros

Cons

Ive ran into a few issues where recording will randomly not work or the microphone won’t work but this is rare.

It can improve UX tremendously

Pros

Easy set up and great quality, the insights that you gather from how people really use your site are eye opening. This is a must have for anybody that is experiencing difficulties getting their users to complete tasks or to simply look more professional and understand how to make it easier for users to find the information they need.

Amanda from Alleluia! Preschool

Great Extra Income

Pros

User Testing is an excellent way to test new products and get paid! I love the extra income and love seeing new websites or apps in the works before they're officially out. It's also a great way to see websites you haven't visited before.

Cons

I know that when I told a friend about this software, she was creeped out that you had to be recorded to test. I do understand how this can be a safety concern for potential testers, but I also haven't experienced anything concerning personally.

Giving Feedback in the Best Way

Working with UserTesting is a really wonderful experience overall. I enjoy completing the tests and providing my opinion on the prototypes. Some tests can be really short and other tests can be really long. They usually are very good about letting you know how long a test will take.

Pros

I really enjoy UserTesting's entire platform. As soon as you come to the home page, you already get a good feeling about the site. UserTesting gives you a chance to make some money by testing different prototypes and websites if your answers to the screener questions match. I really like how the tests are conducted and the entire interface of the platform.

Cons

I really don't like how customer support can take a while to get back with you. I think they need a better way to offer support to its users. They could offer a live chat option if the issue is very urgent.

Katrina from ARI

UserTesting Website Usability Test

The overall experience was fantastic!

Pros

The UserTesting platform is a breeze to use! It's so user friendly, the tests practically write themselves. We submitted a test for 7 participants and had all responses back in less than 45 minutes. The participants provided valuable feedback which we used to improve our website designs and layout.

Cons

Response from UserTesting

Replied December 2019

Thank you Katrina! Great to know you're seeing value from fast feedback to humanize customer insights from our remote video research platform. New features are coming in 2020 to make the value ever better. Happy UserTesting!

Don from William S Hart Union High School District

UserTesting

I have used this software as the tester. I enjoy providing feedback for companies about their software. By using their software in real time and explaining what i am seeing and what is confusing, I am able to help comanies make their websites and apps more user friendly.

Pros

This software allows you to have your target customer try out your website or app. The tester speaks aloud and provides feedback about what they like and dislike about the website or app. It is a great way to get unbiased feedback.

Cons

The software works great most of the time. Sometimes during tests, if the tester closes out the screen, the test will not be uploaded.

Pranav from Harman Connected Services Inc

Best Remote Usability Testing Platform

Super easy to user. Great customer service. 100% recommend for remote testing

Pros

Absolutely love the quick turnaround times for small scale usability study recruitment. Additionally, they have excellent customer support service on deck to help with any issues you might run into while testing. Appreciate the ability to sample across the globe.

Cons

Their screener feature is extremely cumbersome at times to deal with regardless of PC/browser combo. The screener also does not allow logic which is limiting when recruiting specific demographics

Andrew from Blue Ridge Community Church

Get real-life user tests on your interface!

I've been a UserTester now for more than 6 months and have greatly enjoyed taking part in the community and helping make sites and products better!

Pros

UserTesting is very straightforward and easy to use. Once it's installed on your machine it enables real-life people to interact with your user interface or sitemap. You get real time feedback as testers speak their thoughts out loud as they perform actions. It's very valuable feedback for developers.

Cons

I have not found any cons to date...it's excellent!

Response from UserTesting

Replied July 2019

Thanks for your review, Andrew! Great to hear you confirm how easy to use our platform is to get valuable feedback for developers. It's also great for product managers, marketers and customer experience professionals! :-)

Great platform for testers and users alike

Great experience! Customer service is helpful, but you won't need them since the platform itself is so accessible!

Pros

While there are other services that offer similar functions, this is the most trustworthy and well-used platform I've encountered. As a tester, they make it very easy to see what opportunities are available, and walk you carefully through any steps and set-up to make it a very easy experience. Their customer service has been prompt, polite, and extremely helpful. I'm very glad I found UserTesting!

Cons

I wish I could see a record of tests complete that went back further, or even all-time. Still, this is a very small note for a great platform.

Professional Software, Digital, Banking and more Reviews

User Testing is high quality, very legitimate, very steady and always have tests that have a decent payout

Pros

typically when I sign in to User testing or sent to my email is a current list of test for the reviewer to take. Some of these tests a reviewer may qualify some but not all tests. A test requirement may be Country specific, require a certain User Testing level of experience or other test case requirements.

Cons

There are certain tests which are very time consuming and may be difficult to understand all the procedures to follow

Amber from Big Lots Stores

wish there was an 11

the ability to pass on the data collected to the employers is huge fro my employer

Pros

i am just going to say that User Testing is committed to improvment and innovation. Since i began using this software i have seen lots of changes impllimented due to the feedback from the testers

Cons

not quite worked out all the kinks just yet.

A great way to earn a little extra money

Its a great tool that is kind of fun and feels like your opinion matters.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use. Its a great way to earn a little cash, by going in and answering questions about past experiences or testing out protoype websites.

Cons

Sometimes its hard to get a hit on a test that you are suitable for. And the app for the phone constantly has updates which is a bit annoying

Maya from University

UserTesting Review

Pros

I defintely like the idea of getting paid for reviewing online software. I was able to set up an account as a tester, however I have not yet met the requirements for any of the tests. I'm not sure how this is to be on the side of a customer wanting to get reviews for their website. But I image this is valuable feedback to have.

Cons

There seem to be many tests available, but I have not been able to qualify for any of them. I have tried dozens of times to qualify to be a reviewer, but have not been accepted. I've been a reviewer for other similar programs, and haven't had any difficulties with them, so I prefer to work for them as a tester.

Joshua from Defence

Great with free time

Very Good! It been a great way to pass the time when i dont have much to do

Pros

I like that the payment plan, it works really really well compared to different testing sites

Cons

i feel like the pre screening can be too picky sometimes and it could take along time to before you can actually get a survey

Response from UserTesting

Replied April 2020

Hi Joshua! Thanks so much for your review--we're so happy that UserTesting has been useful to you! Have you checked out our CommUnity? It's where you can learn additional skills, network with other UserTesting customers, and get rewarded for your participation! You can join by creating an account at https://community.usertesting.com/join/eves I hope to see you there! Best, Lauren Turner, Senior Manager, Customer Marketing

Matthew from Rite Aid Pharmacy

UserTesting is a great way to earn extra cash on the side.

Honestly, I wish I would have discovered UserTesting years ago. It's a great way to earn supplemental income testing websites and apps. Simply voice your experience testing a website and submit your review. You must monitor your dashboard constantly in order to get first dibs on most tests. The only drawback is not qualifying for many of the tests because the are catering to a specific demographic.

Pros

Once the program is installed it's very simple to get started reviewing and testing websites. They pay promptly to your paypal account every 7 days. Good technical support is available if needed.

Cons

You might not qualify for all the tests available, so you have to be diligent in checking for new tests.

Natalie from Jonah's Project CIC

Great way to earn extra monies!!!!!!

Its been a great way to earn some extra money for my opinion, who would believe you could be paid from your home to give your honest thoughts!!!!!

Pros

I love that this software gives you an opportunity to earn some pocket money to give your opinions and thoughts on sites and apps. Some of the sites and apps are really interesting and I can definitely say since using this software to record my voice and screen I have learned a lot about my expectations of online services.

Cons

The uploading of the test recording takes a very long time and seems to cause a lack of internet connection if you try to continue using your laptop or mobile.

Jim from University of Toronto

A good legitimate company that always pays on-time for feedback

Overall, this company is very legitimate and I can vouch for it.

Pros

In my experience, User Testing has always paid monthly and on time in exchange for feedback.

Cons

They did delay the pay out date once - although they communicated this far ahead of time.

Simon from Take The Lead Marketing

UserTesting review from the perspective of a user who wants to make some extra income

I am really enjoying use UserTesting. Tests occur regularly so I have been able to earn a little extra money each month. I can do it all from my computer and each test usually takes 10-15mins so it doesn't take up much of your time.

Pros

The software makes it simple to let you know when a test is available and to give you screener questions. You are able to easily update your profile info.

Cons

There is the odd time where a test is buggy - the test doesn't load properly, the links or pages in the test don't work as said in the test brief.

Chris from Fresh Egg

Expensive, but delivers good quality user tests

I enjoy using the software. It's super valuable at revealing users impressions of a site. Watching their actions will often show key usability issues.

Pros

It's easy to use and effective. From setup to reviewing user tests (I use 1.5x speed to review them quicker). It's easy to make video clips and create a highlight reel.

Cons

It's a little clunky when trying to edit a clip length. (It's hard to be super accurate).

Response from UserTesting

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your review, Chris! Love hearing that you find UserTesting to be easy and effective. And thanks for your feedback to help us make clip editing even better.

Tino from Tinos copy

User testing review

I like user testing overall they pay well for your time and in reasonable timeframe customer service is great and usually understanding

Pros

I like all the different ways u can make money with this it pays as they say and always new opportunities to earn a lil extra when needed

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to upload test but other than that its good

Candace from ITEC

Great windows application that allows customers to test or navigate through business products.

Pros

Great responsiveness from customers. Great video quality from customers. Great communication via the User Testing team.

Cons

Limited resources depending on the scope of the test. Limited testers with low compentency of testing products.

Jen from Financial Services

Great product that brings the usability lab home.

I love UserTesting! It's helped me take my research remote and get quick results.

Pros

I love their panel! So wonderful. Great editing and playback features too, export notes, and just overall great support.

Cons

It's a bit expensive and the live conversation feature needs work to make it easier for users.

Joe from MailTag

Fast, efficient and useful QA for just about any software

Pros

I was able to setup the test and get real human walkthroughs within 24 hours.

Cons

Not as fully featured in terms of hyper targeting the exact customer profile I'd like, but pretty close.

Price