• Pros

• "We really enjoy Loyalzoo! It's very easy to use and our customers love it as well! They really enjoy the different types of promotions we are able to show and love that they get free stuff! "

• "Integration was very simple and easy to launch. What I like most is that I can use the least amount of personal information possible and the mobile sign in is awesome."

• "I really enjoyed being able to store information on two different formats. The ability to text and email is quite helpful."

• Cons

• "The only problem I have had is the glitches with updates. But they iron these out relatively quickly."

• "Sporadically the service will go out from time to time. It is always resolved but it sometimes tends to be annoying."

• "I wish it allowed us to create more than two types of punch cards in the system, but it's not too big of a deal."

Browse Loyal Zoo Reviews

Ben from Iinline Designs

Best Loyalty Program We Have Used To Date!

Pros

The price for what you get is really unbeatable. It has most of the features we need in a loyalty program. Love the 2x loyalty points and ability to push out promotions any time.

Cons

My only issue is so far I have been unable to figure out how to connect it to my WooCommerce store. It would be nice to be able to sync our customers that shop online and in store so they could earn points regardless their method of shopping.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied January 2018

Thanks for your feedback Ben! To connect to Woocommerce, you can use Zapier. Please check loyalzoo.com/integrations. Cheers.

hoang from Lacquered Up

Most bang for your buck

I love the ease and the pricing for this product makes it an easy choice

Pros

Loyal Zoo does exactly what I need it to do. It's a digital stampcard for clients that's very inexpensive and does everything other similar products offer. 1)You can customize your points 2)It has a history of clients' activities 3)It is inexpensive 4)You can also use their texting feature to text clients for promos 5)You can add notes for each client essentially creating a client profile

Cons

For the approximately 2 years that I've used Loyal Zoo there were no issues with the software itself. There was one problem when I was away from work and I needed to look up a client but forgot my password. I emailed them and I was not able to get it until the next day.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

Spot was just as expensive as FiveStars and Clover was not easy to use

Reasons for Switching to Loyal Zoo

I switched because the price increase did not match the needs.

Hope from Java Mama at Central Square

Great potential ...but it’s not there yet!

Customer experience is amazing!

Pros

LoyalZoo has great potential and it’s definitely an affordable option if you’re already using the POS system, Clover. The messaging and promotions feature is great.

Cons

If you’re not using Clover, it’s a LOT of work around and manual labor to add loyalty points. The paid membership platform has great potential but needs work. The aesthetics, back end, and website widget option definitely need work. It’s clunky but doable. The promotion and messaging feature doesn’t work well on a mobile device. You have to create your promotions on a desktop.

affordable

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied November 2020

Hi Hope, Thank you for your great feedback as always, unfortunately, without the likes of Clover, we lose a lot of value-added features. It's always best to have our software as part of your POS to have the best experience. All of your feedback is already noted and in our pipeline for the near future. So watch this space :)

Shannon from Compounding Corner Pharmacy, Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Loyal Zoo Rocks

Excellent ease of use and speedy transactions.

Pros

Ease of saving credit card information and ease of charging future purchases

Cons

There are couple of times at the beginning when we were trying to enter new customers and an existing customer's profile was still open. A different customer's credit card was then loaded onto the new customer. We have learned to refresh every single time to avoid this issue.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

Better functionality, better customer support

Faster + better PCI compliance

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied March 2021

Hi Shannon, Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We always really appreciate it. I think you might be referring to an old bug we head where previous customers remained selected, but if you are still seeing anything like this persist, just let us know at hello@loyalzoo.com so I can investigate for you. Thanks again Shannon : )

Jeff from Sussex County Dog Training

Cant believe it took me so long to install this!

As you can see from the rest of this review the software is brilliant and definitely encourages repeat business and equally the team from loyalzoo are on hand to help with any issues. Brilliant service!!

Pros

This software works perfectly for my business. It encourages customers to repeat spend with me, even if they have a more convenient place to shop. Because the software is customisable, it allows me to reward customers with other elements of my business, which encourages cross selling.

Cons

I would like a better interface and easier way to customise messages to customers. Although we can create an email or push notification for VIP's (a brilliant part of this software) the end result to the customer is pretty basic and needs to be smarter.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

I needed something that allowed me to customise rewards

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2019

Hey Jeff, Thanks so much for your kind words! If you wouldn't mind dropping us an email to hello@loyalzoo.com as to what you would like to see with our promotions feature, we are always looking for direct suggestions from our clients when improving the software :)

Gregg from Game Trade LLC

Best Loyalty Texting Program I have found.

Overall Loyalzoo is great and I will continue to use it unless the price becomes too high. It does everything I want and more.

Pros

I like the price. For my business I only send out a text every month or so, so I do not need some overly expensive program that lets me send 5 per day. Plus the customer service everytime I have had a problem has been great and it was fixed very quickly.

Cons

-Easier way to look at customer point history.

Reasons for Switching to Loyal Zoo

Fivestars was just too expensive for what I was using it for. They didn't have a cheap package like Loyalzoo does.

Brittany from Allegiant Gaming

A great loyalty program for small businesses

Pros

The software provides all of the basic and most important functions of a loyalty program, without extras, at a fair and reasonable price point.

Cons

While it is generally user-friendly, editing points or merging customers could be improved upon to make the experience even more user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

Price point, integration with WooCommerce/WordPress website, non-pushy sales, and great customer support.

Mike from Chesapeake Pipe & Cigar

Stuck With It...

I am stuck with this program because I'm stuck with a VERY poorly supported EPOSNow system. It's the best worst option.

Pros

It works with EPOSNow, which was an even bigger mistake that I'm also stuck with.

Cons

The interface should be seamless to implement, but it isn't. In EPOSNow, you've got to exit one application and go into another to do any editing of the customer record. While in the Back Office, you can not ring up customers.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

It was the only one that worked with the POS system i chose.

Reasons for Switching to Loyal Zoo

We have outgrown Square's payment system, so we won't be using their POS anymore.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied March 2021

Hi Mike, Thank you for your honest feedback. We always really appreciate it. We're in talks at the moment with Epos Now about changing their infrastructure so it's a much faster process switching between Epos Now and our software. Just a heads up, you can just simply create and select customers using the Epos Now customer CRM when closing orders and Loyalzoo will still give points automatically. Therefore you'll only have to switch to Loyalzoo when redeeming a reward. If you want me to call you and explain over the phone let me know by sending an email to hello@loyalzoo.com Thanks Mike!

Brianna from Gemini Games

It's not bad

Overall, things have been good.

Pros

It was pretty easy to implement and the customer service was always really quick to help whenever I needed assistance. It is usually a pretty user friendly program and does what we need.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to give out specific rewards instead of blanket ones. I would like to be able to change the rate of regular rewards from 1:$1 to something else, preferably customizable based on my preferences. It would also be nice to be able to do triple or more rewards, rather than just double points. I would also like to have an auto-add of points when someone registers for the rewards program.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

It was recommended by our Clover rep.

Reasons for Switching to Loyal Zoo

Because I switched from Lightspeed to Clover.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied March 2021

Hi Brianna, This is great feedback, thank you so much. In regards to issuing a different 1:1 ratio with points, we do have a feature where you can give more or fewer loyalty points based on tagged inventory items. So. you can align loyalty points based on the margin you have on each item. I've placed an article here to show you how: https://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/844680-modify-automatic-points-clover-and-epos-now but if you do need more assistance just touch base at. hello@loyalzoo.com We also have a special promotional tool that awards customers when they register and become "new" customers, it's called Handsfree Marketing and I've also left an article here on how to get set up: https://help.loyalzoo.com/en/?q=handsfree+marketing The feedback on the double points has been sent to our product team :)

Pierre from Aloha Dollar Store, Inc.

Good.

Good. I would like to fix the issues in the con list,

Pros

Pretty Easy to Use Customer Service was easy to reach when needed

Cons

When you contact customer service it leaves a window open on your POS system blocking necessary procedures and important functions. This window also makes it impossible to enter in any customers info. The software sometimes glitches and keeps customer info up so the former customer is getting the points from the current customers sale. There is a lag when putting in customer info sow end up creating duplicate accounts when the info doesn't pop up in time.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

Could use it with POS right away.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied March 2021

Hi Pierre, Thank you so much for your kind feedback! I just wanted to touch base on some of your "cons" - We use a third-party chat system tool so unfortunately, we don't have control over where the chat system sits in our software sorry particularly if you are on a small screen. - We do recommend you reboot your Clover system daily on top of the automatic reboot it does overnight. Only because we make updates to our software sometimes every couple of days and the Clover needs to be pick up on these updates to operate really well, so by rebooting your device and getting those updates, it should resolve any little things you noted in your feedback: ) Thanks again Pierre

Dima from Gobo VR

We have been using it for 3 years by now and love it

The team behind Loyal Zoo is super responsive, even on weekends. Per our request, they implemented for us a tier system that fits better with our vision on loyalty system, at no additional cost. Even helped us with the customer-facing screen customization. These moments are very valuable for us. They are patient and thorough in answers, always trying to get to the bottom of the question and easy to approach.

Pros

We were looking for a loyalty product that would not require a customer to download an app. Everyone has hundreds of apps these days, offering another one for a rare usage goes with resistance and unnecessary steps. They still have an app available, but optional for those who want it. The sign-up at the front counter is instant. People can use emails or phone numbers to register. The app is fully integrated with Clover POS, and a few other POS to some extent. The customer gets a notification that points have been applied. They have a backend app just for staff to use for manual check-ins and quick adjustments. There is also an admin panel where you can see all the trends and general business settings. All three accesses (the customer-facing one, staff's access and the admin panel) can be open also in your browser, so you can literally open them on any device. A nice bonus that you can send scheduled promotions to the signed-up customers via the admin panel. It is easy and powerful, the email looks professional and optimized for mobiles and desktops. The clients agree to the promos during the sign-up process and can easily unsubscribe within a promo email. It is a fast, simple and efficient tool.

Cons

A few things that I wish could be changed or added to the app: - The app divides customers into three categories, depending on their frequency of purchases: New, Slipping away and VIP customers. You cannot control that algorithm or place a person into a category manually when just implementing the system at your business. As an owner of a business, I like to have control of all the aspects that influence the experience at my facility, with some customers you develop more special relationships that cannot be calculated by unclear algorithms. One time a person comes as a VIP and another, as New and you can't really explain why. We are currently not using this option at all. -The app offers your customers to sign-up for the loyalty program either by phone or email, they choose only one of them during the registration process. We could not leave the email as the only choice. I am sure it is not a big deal for the most, but in our case, we wish to eliminate phone numbers. People generally forget what they used in the first place and sometimes it creates confusion with missing points due to the multiple accounts. Considering the cost and the load of benefits you get with Loyal Zoo, I can't really complain about anything.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied April 2021

Hi Dima, many thanks for your super nice review. With regards to customising the three categories, the VIP rule is fully customisable. If you're interested, please get in touch in the usual ways, and we'll sort it out for you :-)

Jen from Abbott's Frozen Custard

Nice addition to our operation

Good. Have had to spend time educating the customer on the process. They "check in" but don't always tell us they're here so we can apply the points from their purchase. We've made signs for POS and have run several social media "how to's" to assist in the process. We still get kick backs from customer after purchase (phone call, social media message, return visit) with them saying they didn't get their points. We have multiple POS, so even if they check in, we don't know who they are. Educating the end user has been the biggest hiccup. The initial roll out was overwhelming for our staff. For a few weeks, we had A LOT of interest in the program. Sign up takes some time and was slowing down operations. We created a business card to hand out to people with the points they earned. There is spot for them to write the data we need to enter them into the system. When they bring it back, we enter the info and the missed points from the first visit at our convenience when we're not busy. Corporate has since contacted you and created a link that brings the customer right to our location and they can fill out their own data. That was a great addition.

Pros

Relatively easy to train staff in use of loyalty program. Our parent company (we have 2 franchise locations) set up the parameters for the redemptions, but it seems easy to set them up if I needed to do it myself.

Cons

I have run 2 promotions. The first one was a learning curve with importing graphics and text, etc. We have 2 locations and I want to run the same promo for both. It was annoying that I couldn't copy and paste the promo. I had to assemble it from scratch which took about 30 minutes. I also wish I could view the promo once I uploaded it to run. I couldn't remember the exact wording I used or the spacing. Our promos from one location to another were almost identical, but not quite. I also wasn't able to show the staff what it would look like prior to the run to prep them for what to look for. Also, when I run a report "show transactions data", there are columns that can't be seen on the dashboard even when I minimize the menu on the left. There is no side to side scroll bar, only up and down. I am only able to see timestamp, first, last, email, phone, reward type, reward name... There is clearly another column because I can see the start of a word, but I can't access it. When I select "email transactions data" there is also reward count, customer ID, staff ID, order ID. These are not visible on my dashboard. It would be nice to see these rather than have to download a .csv every time.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

We are a franchise (2 locations out of about 40). Our parent company rolled out this program after several of us requested info on loyalty programs. They are paying for all of the locations to use Loyal Zoo. Bonus!

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied October 2020

Hi Jen, Thank you for your kind and detailed feedback. We have in our immediate pipeline to make promotions more user-friendly so watch this space. In regards to the report, this is likely an issue with your browser/device you are viewing from. I have logged into your account and I can view this information by scrolling across. If you want to send an email to hello@loyalzoo.com and let us know what device and browser you are viewing on, we can investigate for you :) and also discuss any other feedback you would like to provide. Unfortunately, it sounds like customers are checking-in and expecting points to be automatic for a check-in but of course they have to make a purchase as well. We really try to make this obvious to the customer by telling them they need to visit a staff member to collect points but this feedback is very helpful. I'll report back to our tech team and we'll try and brainstorm to make this more clear. Thanks again!

Anna from Scrapbook Zone

An Amazing Time Saver!

When I complete adding each customer into the digital loyalty program, I'll be saving a lot of time. Before Loyalzoo I had kept most of my customers loyalty cards in boxes on my desk. I used to have to hunt for cards, and the odd time a card would be misfiled or ended up paperclipped to another customers card which caused frustration. Now with Loyalzoo, my customers check in and there is no missing cards, and they usually have their profile up even before I'm completed ringing in their purchase. I know immediately if they have qualified for $10 off and they can choose to save it or apply it. I have been using the program for just over 2 weeks and the feedback from my customers has been wonderful. I have yet to try a promotion, so I cannot give feedback on that at the moment.

Pros

I love the time saving this program has created. Instead of having to ask the customers name and search for the customers card, they can check in while I am ringing up their purchase. I used to have customers come back and ask if their points were added to the paper version if they didn't see me do it. Now they receive an email confirming it is done. It is easy to use, I am using the POYNT terminal and I highly recommend Loyalzoo! My customers are definitely enjoying the ease of use, even the few that were resistant to the change.

Cons

When I ask a customer to check in using to bring up their profile, sometimes the check in button doesn't show up on the screen. At that point, I open up the app on my side of the terminal and then the check in button shows up. This is not a deal breaker for me but it is a little inconvenient. The other thing I haven't figured out is if there is a way to remove given points due to a return. You can undo the last points given but there doesn't seem to be an option to choose how many points to delete.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

I didn't even consider looking for an app for my loyalty program before I received my POYNT terminal because I have an old casio register. I did not even have a tablet for my store. I'm grateful that I gave POYNT a chance, both the terminal and the Loyalzoo app have created a more modern atmosphere for my store.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied February 2020

Hi Anna, Thank you for your great feedback. In terms of the check-in issue, you are having we are aware of the problem but it's very difficult to fix due to a technical limitation of Poynt. We're working with them closely to try and iron out some of these issues. If you want to edit a customer's points further than using the "undo" button, you can edit them from our dashboard under the customers tab. Here is an article on how to do so: https://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/418957-updating-a-customers-points-balance

Joshua from Wushiland USA

A small-business hero in disguise

Overall our experience with LoyalZoo have been very positive compared to our last loyal program (FiveStar). I think the only issues we've come up with more frequently is monitoring our points from different stores (as our client base is linked with both accounts, sometimes it's hard to determine where the point is coming from since the purchase history is linked to the accounts). However, any questions or issues we have usually the customer service online replies and gives us guidance as soon as possible and is one of the strongest reasons we've continue with LoyalZoo, the customer service is simply impeccable.

Pros

LoyalZoo is simple to use, the interface is clear, and functions are straight forward. It provides us most of the time with exactly what we need, a system that charts our customer's loyalty and nothing else. It was the simplicity that enticed us to use the software in the first place, but ultimately the extremely positive customer service that made us stay.

Cons

The interface, although clear, could be a little outdated in terms of style. There are frequent lags in between and the system could be hard to load at times. There seems to be a few more features that could be added, for instance, changing the avatar on a person's profile or making the numeric selection more flexible (instead of getting 9 from 5+2+2, it would be nice if we could just have the option to click out there). I understand that the software isn't complete and that LoyalZoo is always coming up with new stuff though so that is quite the bonus and something we are looking forward to.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied November 2018

Hey Joshua! Thank you for your feedback. Exciting news we are announcing this week the release of our feature to change your customers profile picture (avatar). I'm not sure what device you use our software on but if you use a computer or a POS that has a keyboard then you can simply just type how many points you would like to add to the customer, rather than using the manual point buttons :) Make sure you have a nice strong internet connection to assist with any lag time as our system relies on that :) Glad to hear you are enjoying the system! And feel free to drop any further notes to hello@loyalzoo.com or via our chat system

John from Just er-Juice Limiteds

Loyalzoo in our vape shop

I feel that it was a good decision to start using the software and the customers certainly find it good (well the ones who install the app that is.) it does however need some tweaks to become an exceptional addition to our EposNow Till.

Pros

I liked the ease of installation and the speed that we got up and running with our EposNow till system. I really like the fact that we no longer have to spend funds on loyalty cards which customer usually end up loosing anyway. The app is getting some good feedback from our customers too!

Cons

the fact that it doesn't fully integrate with our eposNow system and sometimes it feels like we are running two systems instead of one. The bouncing back and fourth between our till screen and the loyalzoo screen can be a pain. i wish that when we search our existing customers the loyalzoo customers would also comeback and be more like a plugin. the fact that you cannot automatically use the points without searching the app for the customer first then removing the points and then going back into the eposnow screen and remembering to then apply the points at the point of currency changing hands.. real pain..

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2019

Hey John, Thanks so much for your great feedback. Unfortunately, it is a limitation of Epos Now's capabilities that prevent us from having a deeper integration with your till. We would love to have a sleeker experience but we can only go as far as Epos Now's functionalities. Don't forget customer's don't have to install the app, you can add them into your loyalty program with email and they will get any points and marketing messages in email. You can even set-up a customer-facing check-in tablet so they can add their own email, using these instructions here: http://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/492777-how-to-get-customers-to-register-themselves-in-store If you require any assistance with the above, just reach out at hello@loyalzoo.com :)

Wendy from Vape Pros LLC

Industry: Tobacco

Glad I switched

Excellent

Pros

Less expensive than other companies out there and better customer service!

Cons

I miss being able to write notes on customers accounts

Too expensive

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied October 2020

Hi Wendy, Thank you for your kind and lovely feedback. I just wanted to let you know that there is a comments section in each customer profile where you can write notes :) You'll be able to add notes when you register a customer or by tapping the "edit" button in their profile. This feature is available from the in-store software - store.loyalzoo.com If you need anything else, feel free to drop us an email at hello@loyalzoo.com or chat with us on our chat system.

Jason from Sole Perfection

Perfect rewards program for businesses

My previous rewards program was a ok, but kept trying to up sell me with programs and offerings that didn't work for my business customers and or cost to much. Eventually they were going to more than double the cost. I found Loyalzoo and it has been nothing but great. They were super responsive during the switch over and the system has worked seamlessly. Nothing but good words for Loyalzoo. If thinking about switching or starting a system definitely go with Loyalzoo. It will be worth it. They also offer scalable programs to serve you as you want to expand or try new things with your program. I have not gone beyond the basic package, but love it.

Pros

The process of switching my previous system to Loyalzoo was so so easy. They worked with me, with real people helping, to get my customers ported over. Seamless!!! The software was easy to put on multiple computers and the employees picked it up super quick. Nothing but good words for Loyalzoo. I am not paid to say this!!

Cons

Had Loyalzoo for about a year and I can't think of a problem with the software. The method of getting quick help works extremely well. I only had to use it early on, when I had a question or two.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied June 2019

Jason, Many thanks for your super kind words!!! Cheers, Massimo

Desiree from Boardwalk Elixir

Great Loyalty Program But...

Pros

The Program as a whole is really great! They are always offers updates and continue to add new features while keeping the price the same. The pricing is great especially compared to other Loyalty apps out there like Fivestars, which is almost double the price. The fact that you get to send text and email straight to your customer base really helps to keep traffic coming to you store. All in all i am very happy with my service

Cons

There are just a few thing I feel need work. They offer double points that can be turned on manually at anytime. I wish you were able to have the double points put on a schedule to automatically be turned on when you set it to. I also wish they offered a birthday offer to our customers. The previous reward system we used offered this service and our customers really liked the extra little bonus during there birthday month.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied November 2018

Hey Desiree, Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We do have the ability to schedule double points ; ) The instructions here tell you how to set it up: http://help.loyalzoo.com/marketing-to-your-customers/setting-up-double-points In terms of Birthday offers we plan to have this as a feature for you Q1/19 Enjoy!

Madison from RedEye Coffee

We use Loyalzoo to give our customers rewards and send push notifications.

Customer information and tracking of stats.

Pros

That it just needs a name and phone number. Our customers love that they do not have to give a ton of information to sign up.

Cons

It can be glitchy at times. When trying to merge or delete customers it doesn't always work. It also has problems with adding points in at times. I don't like the animal cartoons instead of pictures now either.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2018

Hey Madison, thanks for the feedback! We are currently working on a better merge/delete function which will be available in the dashboard area soon, so we'll let you know once it's released :) Customer profile pictures are still available as long as the customer checks-in using their Facebook profile. We implemented the animals to help you further identify your customers who didn't check-in with that facility. If you need any assistance with the above or to provide any further feedback feel free to reach us on hello@loyalzoo.com

Shannon from Pet Wants OC South

Seamless with Clover

Excellent! Very pleased!

Pros

I love that this program integrates seamlessly with my POS system and it's very simple and easy to use. Installing it was a breeze! It's very easy to set-up a basic loyalty program, and I like the double points feature when I'm having special promotions in the store. I've been using it for almost 2 years and have been very pleased.

Cons

I've had a few minor instances in which the software wasn't working, but it worked itself out after a few hours and was up and running again.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied March 2021

Hi Shannon, Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it! Unfortunately, when you experienced things not working it was when your Clover POS was down and not passing us any of your customer orders and their data, so we could not give loyalty points automatically. I find this happens on the odd occasion with Clover but when it does our software goes back to any of those missed orders at the time and gives points when Clover are back up and running. Glad you're loving everything else : )

William from vip custom vapors

Industry: Tobacco

Not a bad product

Good programing, customer service is good just has a few limitations

Pros

Software input is easy to use. Adding customers to Loyal zoo extremely easy

Cons

Text limit needs to be extended for text messages Number of promotions per month month needs to be increrased. We are at the highest amount and it isnt enough.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2019

Hey William, Thank you for your kind review. You may not be aware that you now have the ability to send more text with your promotions. You just need to write the extra content in the details section (instructions here: http://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/77547-how-to-setup-a-marketing-promotion). In terms of more promotional messages, they are capped at 4/month because we want to ensure you have a high opt-in rate, rather than having a lot of "opt-outs" from your customers and deeming future promotions useless. You are more than welcome to download your customer list from our dashboard and send your own email marketing campaigns :) For any further assistance/feedback feel free to start a chat with us or drop a note to hello@loyalzoo.com

Zachary from Phoenix Fitness

Great App - Nearly Perfect

Overall, this app continues to improve and is quite functional compared to other applications. Although I can find a few things that can use some improvement, the developers continue to make this app better. It does the job well and I will continue to use it.

Pros

The user interface is very logical and well put together.

Cons

The lack of bi-weekly payments as an option. The only way to change a client’s payment plan is to cancel their membership (which they get a notification for) and to create a new plan (which they don’t get a notification for.) Refunds from the app would be great too.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied November 2018

Hey Zachary, Thank you for your lovely feedback. Indeed we will be bringing out more options like bi-weekly in the new year. Refunds too maybe around that time ; ) Full disclosure it's a bit tricky to edit payment dates because if a customer has paid a certain amount prior it's uncertain how to rectify that in the edit function. We're just trying to figure out technically the best way to execute that feature. Once again thank you for your great feedback. Anything you find along the way, just drop us a note to hello@loyalzoo.com as we're always looking for feature recommendations. Cheers!

Jason from Sole Perfection

Perfect fit for your loyalty program

If you are looking for a customer loyalty system but don't have the need for all the bells and whistles or can't afford what many other systems require but you want a full package of use and services Loyal Zoo is perfect.

Pros

Loyal Zoo is the best customer loyalty system on the market. We used a few others before discovering Loyal Zoo. The transition from my old system to Loyal Zoo was amazingly simple. The day to day interface is fast and easy.

Cons

Honestly I don't have anything negative to say about the Loyal Zoo.

Reasons for Switching to Loyal Zoo

The cost jumped more than double. I didn't need or want all the options they wanted me to pay for and had no basic package.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied March 2021

Thanks so much Jason for your kind review :)

Jessica from Snociety

Great that it is integrated with our system and loyal points are automatically added per transaction

Integrated with our Clover system! It's own application. No bulky items.

Pros

Whenever I have questions I would email their support and they would answer very quickly. They're also very personable! I definitely like Loyalzoo a lot more than Five Stars because this is way way cheaper and is integrated into our Clover system. So no clutter on our cash register area!

Cons

I wish I was able to subtract points from the user's history. I'm able to do it right away but if I needed to subtract a specific amount of points I would need to apply a pre-made discount and balance that discount by adding points. It's a pro and con to have our customer's phone numbers linked to their credit card. I had a problem once where our customer's credit card was linked to their friends' phone number so I had to contact support to make sure it was no longer linked.

Joe from Rich City Vapors

Review for use with the Clover POS

This is a cheaper alternative to other loyalty programs, but limits you in quite a few ways

Pros

It was an easy transition from 5 Stars program to Loyalzoo. Anytime we had an issue, Loyalzoo was very quick to help correct. They are easy to along with and get ahold of. The software took a lot of work from my employees freeing them up for other work.

Cons

I don’t like the promotion limits and other limitations they have.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied October 2018

Hey Joe, thanks so much for your feedback! We've just updated our promotions feature so you can include images and as much content as you like, it would be great to understand what you mean by limitations. We're always improving and creating new features based on what our clients need so feel free to drop us a note at hello@loyalzoo.com

Greg from The Shrink Tank, LLC

Our customers really like using an electronic app vs. the old paper style punch cards.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. It performs well and does exactly what I need it to do without trying to sell me numerous additional features which I'm not looking for. Also, the weekly reports are quite useful as well. In the past when we've had minor issues the staff was very responsive and had us back up and running quickly. We haven't had any issues recently- it's probably been over a year now with everything working nearly flawlessly.

Cons

When we have to perform a customer "look up" it does not immediately indicate that the card has been punched. When we are busy this can cause some confusion. It used to work that way- assuming it's a fairly easy fix.

Ben from Love Boutique Vista LLC

Pretty Decent Loyalty Program

Overall Im pretty happy with LoyalZoo, I just wish it had a few more features and not such limited SMS messaging.

Pros

Its a pretty simple to use interface and offers basic loyalty features as well as limited SMS messaging.

Cons

There really isn't a good way to integrate it into our online shopping cart WooCommerce so it really only works for us in store.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied November 2018

Hey Ben, Glad to hear you are loving our system. In terms of connecting your in-store loyalty program with your e-commerce, you can use our Zapier integration to do so, instructions are available at help.loyalzoo.com With SMS messaging, feel free to drop us a note at hello@loyalzoo.com to explain the limitations. We SMS point notifications, your blast marketing messages and promotions to your VIP, New and Slipping away customers which is far more than what any of our competitors offer. We're always improving the product based on your feedback so feel free to send us any comments along the way. Cheers!

Jamie from Your cbd store port richey

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Loyalzoo review

We have been happy with the product and the company. A couple of times I got a little frustrated with the method of communication but our issues are always resolved quickly and explained very well.

Pros

This is such an easy program to use. We have had very few minor mishaps and overall have been very happy with the convenience and ease of this product.

Cons

Really I have no complaints. We are very happy with the program.

Cost, ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Loyal Zoo

Cost, control over discounts/promotions, ease of product

Johnny from Cafe Socrates, Inc.

Using LoyalZoo for nearly two years; Love it!

Pros

I like the ease of use of Loyalzoo and its integration with Clover specifically on the front end of the transaction. It's extremely easy and intuitive to begin a transaction looking for the last four digits of the customer's phone number. It would be great if there was a tablet facing the customer (much like five-stars) whereby customers can come to the counter, enter their account number / phone number, and Clover to quickly register the account and the cashier can begin the transaction.

Cons

Need to find more online ordering platforms that integrate with Loyalzoo. Zapier did not work for me as it does not have Chowbot as a list of apps it recognizes

Samantha from Cluck n Cleaver

Loyalzoo Review

We really enjoy the ease of use and that customers can easily check in with the app so we don't even have to look up their name or email to reward/redeem their points.

Pros

Super easy integration with our POS software, very easy to navigate for customers as well as staff, nice to be able to set your own discounts!

Cons

We haven't had any issues with Loyalzoo, no customer complaints either, only feedback would be that customers are sometimes unaware they have points to redeem for discounts.

Laura from Victor Aquatics

Laura

Good, great customer base

Pros

Easy to use, free messaging to customer. Quick help reply’s from customer service

Cons

Doesn’t fully automate with Epos now so it can be slow to add points at the till.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2019

Hey Laura, Thanks so much for your kind feedback. In regards to the integration with Epos Now we have an automatic points integration that was released as an option quite some time ago. Your account currently remains on manual points. If you wish to change to automatic points feel free to drop us an email at hello@loyalzoo.com :)

Rose from Fogarty's House of Vapor

Loyal Zoo review

Every day when I first log on to our system the app is not accessible. After a few minutes it comes back on but it happens everyday. Sometimes it's very slow to respond when you're trying to pull up a customer. Adding points to a customer from the back office is really easy. Adding new customers is pretty simple but if someone sets up their own account from the app the retailer can't change anything on it. Sometimes that causes problems.

Pros

The ease of use at the register

Cons

No reports

Response from Loyal Zoo

Replied November 2016

Thank you for your feedback Rose. It's great to hear that you would recommend our product to others. In regards to slowness when starting your Clover station up in the morning, this has got to do with the Clover station itself and starting many applications at once. For customers signing up to your loyalty program via the free Loyalzoo app it is the customers prerogative to provide their contact details, hence the reason why you can't edit them on your Clover station. We look forward to having you as a long term customer with Loyalzoo.

Fonda from T-swirl Crepe Baltimore

Manager

If customer can check in by own , not our cashier have to do it.That will be much more easier . Thank you.

Pros

I like this reward account software. Easy check in with customer phone number. Automatic earning points. Much more better then punch reward card, it may lost or forgot. The handsfree marketing is so cool!

Cons

Build up your own relationship with customers

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied November 2018

Hi Fonda, The customer can check-in themselves already by either downloading the Loyalzoo app on their smartphone or by using our customer facing check-in feature for tablets. Here's instructions on how to set it up: http://help.loyalzoo.com/using-loyalzoo-in-store/how-to-get-customers-to-register-themselves-in-store We'll be releasing a customer facing solution to Clover hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Customers will be able to sign up or check-in with their email or phone number directly from the Clover device :) Enjoy!

Catherine from Bubblewerks Car Wash

Can't say enough good things about this app

Pros

I searched high and low for a reward app that fit my needs. After using Loyalzoo for a month or so, I decided to try another app to compare. I went back to Loyalzoo within hours of trying the other app. The people are Loyalzoo are amazing. Customer service is wonderful and they're always willing to take suggestions to improve the app. My business relies on Loyalzoo on a daily basis and they keep improving it.

Cons

I wish the comment field was a little bigger but they are working on that and it may be bigger by their next update (because they actively listen to suggestions).

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied January 2018

Thanks for your lovely feedback Catherine! And yes, a bigger comment field will be part of our next big release in a couple of weeks time, and search will also search within comments :-)

alejandro from Boardwalk Vapor LLC

Fast and easy way to engage your prospective audience.

I would say the main benefit that I receive. Is being able to reach out to my customer base whenever needed. I have an immediate response mainly to SMS messages and we are very happy with that.

Stacy from Angel Hands Thrift Shop

A GREAT starter customer rewards program

It is a GREAT starter took for customer rewards, very easy to use. No punch cards solves so many problems.

Pros

Love it's simplicity and ease of use. Customers love that they only have to provide a phone number amd name and do not need an app.

Cons

One phone number per program does not work for our older population or Amish who do not use smartphones or email. Many users share same phone number. Also wish there were more bells and whistles, more ability to collect time/day usage, send out surveys, hold contests, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Loyal Zoo

Cost of service, ease of use

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2019

Hey Stacy, Thanks so much for your kind feedback. The reason why we only allow one phone number or email is because we use this as a unique identifier to prevent fraud. As a workaround I can add a modification to your account which means you can create customers without email or phone number, that way the customer can simply track their points when they come in-store. If you would like me to do this, just drop us an email at hello@loyalzoo.com :) We'll be looking at more bells and whistles Q4/19 - Q1/20 and will take your recommendations on board. We're already looking for providers to help us with reviews etc. Thanks!

Pete from Perfect Aquatics Ltd

Words very well. Pleased with it.

Pros

User friendly, hardly any staff training required. Tech support is great.

Cons

Customer generating multiple accounts and needing to 'merge' accounts. There should be a way to prevent duplicate accounts in the first place. Something like, when inputting the customers new second account by accident and push notification of 'Joe Blogs already exists, is this a duplicated account or another Joe Bloggs' etc.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied January 2018

Thanks for your feedback Pete! If you try to create a new customer profile using a phone number or email address already in the DB, we prevent the duplicate already. It is when details used are different that it is difficult for us to detect duplicates. We will keep testing ways to prevent duplicate profiles, and your continuous feedback is appreciated :-)

Jonathan from spl. coffee

Great for our shop!

Pros

It is very easy for customers and staff to use. Free to download and setup an account. We didn't need another device so it helps us avoid device clutter.

Cons

Lack of customizability for each shop unless paying for a full year up front.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied October 2018

Hey Jonathan, thank you for your lovely feedback! We don't force you to pay for a year to customise, you are more than welcome to apply your branding for a small monthly fee. Here's how to do so: http://help.loyalzoo.com/getting-started/how-to-apply-your-branding If you have any further questions just drop us a note at hello@loyalzoo.com :)

Mark from Tasty Pastry Bakery, Inc

Customers love this app

Amazing customer service. very quick response time.

Pros

I like the ease of use for the staff; it is almost automatic to track customers' rewards points.

Cons

Seeming inability to restrict sales to walk in business only. Our commercial customers and off premise catering customers also get reward points.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied June 2019

Hi Mark, many thanks for your review. We can restrict points to just people who are explicitly selected using the Loyalzoo Checkins button in the Register. Please let us know if you'd like this setting enabled :-) Cheers, Massimo

Brandon from Camano Commons Marketplace

Great Loyalty app

They have been quick to respond to our issues, and the support team is very helpful.

Pros

We've been using Loyalty zoo for over a year now. And we have really enjoyed it's functionality. It allowed us to move away from physical punch cards and store them locally for our customers.

Cons

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2019

Hey Brandon, thank you so much for your kind review! Just to let you know you can create up to 3 stamp cards. If you need any assistance please reach out to hello@loyalzoo.com or start a chat with us at www.loyalzoo.com :) Glad to hear you are enjoying the software.

Amy from Springbank pet Resort

Works as advertised for payments

it has made keeping our client payment information safe, secure and easy to use. When dealing with customer support, if they do not know an answer they can be a bit snarky and unhelpful. It would be better to say they don't have an answer.

Pros

holds card numbers easy to find client able to search the notes line (which we use for client number) fast works great with the clover machine and on the computer

Cons

if 50 cent auth happens on a different day then the first transaction it can be confusing for reconciling accounting . cannot give partial refunds with the card on file.. only way is to look up the clients last payment and refund the whole bill and then charge the correct amount again.... or get the number from the client and do a separate transaction.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2019

Hi Amy, thanks so much for leaving a review. Unfortunately because of the limitations with Clover the 50c auth charge has been implemented in the only way we can for now. They have communicated that they will hopefully be providing better alternatives to this in the near future. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the answers you were looking for with our customer support team, I know that sometimes we get questions about Clover POS itself and unfortunately we do have to simply refer you back to the Clover team if it extends further than our expertise. Glad to hear you are enjoying the fast service. If you have any direct feedback you can always drop it directly to hello@loyalzoo.com as we are always looking at ways to improve.

Courtney from As You Wish

The program is easy to use, but glitchy

Pros

It Is easy to use, when it is working. It is easy to set up the discounts Nice that people get notifications of points when they purchase

Cons

Does not push out reward info to customers. It is frequently not working. I can't fix when points are given incorrectly.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2018

Hey Courtney, thank you for your feedback. We will be releasing a more intuitive communication shortly, so when a customer has a reward to be redeemed they will be notified. In terms of editing a customers points balance, that functionality has now been released and is available in the "customers" tab in your admin dashboard. If you need any assistance or have any other feedback please feel free to reach out by emailing us at hello@loyalzoo.com

Joe from Lucky Mojo LLC

Loyalty

It has helped our business a lot especially since we do not have a big budget to use for marketing

Pros

Ease of use, and its exciting to see the weekly reports to see how many new customers we have added.

Cons

only 2 text messages a month, wish at a minimum one every week.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied March 2021

Hi Joe, Thank you so much for your kind review. At the moment your plan includes SMS for point balances, 2x blast marketing messages/month and Handsfree Marketing messages (sent to your VIP, new and "slipping away" customers). If you would like to increase to 4x promotions/month we'll get you an upgrade link across to your email shortly where you can get more promotions :)

Crystal from The Chempistry Store

Positive Outcomes

I like Loyal Zoo because it allows me to easily be able to allot my loyal customers rewards without having to track a lot of details.

Ariel from Filistix Downtown

Industry: Restaurants

Loyal Zoo Review by Filistix

Loyal Zoo has been so great during the last couple of months for us. Our customers are starting to get familiar with it and hopefully they will all have their names on by the end of 2021.

Pros

What I like the most is how it integrated so smoothly with our Clover POS. It is very easy to use and our customers like that they can check their points whenever, wherever.

Cons

I have asked about this before ~ I was wondering why it doesn't have a personal card feature - the kind that you load and can use for your next transactions so customers need not have their bank cards every time they purchase from our restaurant. I think a great loyalty program app should have that.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied March 2021

Hi Ariel, Thank you for your kind feedback. Storing payment cards and using them to pay for a customer's order is available in a different product we offer on the Clover app market (More Tools). It's called Memberships & Recurring Payments. I'll get my colleague Annabelle to ring and email you with more information. Thanks!

Emily from Cluck n Cleaver

Loyalzoo Review

Very good :)

Pros

It’s very easy for the customers to use and easy to reward points

Cons

We aren’t able to allow the loyalzoo point redemption on our online orders

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied December 2018

Hi Emily, Thank you for your kind words and feedback. There is a way for you to get customers to redeem online if you so wish. Follow this link to see how: http://help.loyalzoo.com/account-management/setting-up-online-reward-redemption Touch base at hello@loyalzoo.com if you need any assistance.

Cu from Press creamery

Simple and affordable

Best customer service 24/7

Pros

Easy to use and you can reach customer support anytime.

Cons

Nothing I love everything customers love this also

It's affordable

Karolina from Green Cup Cafe

Useful app but with significant limitations

Increased customer visitorship and engagement

Pros

Handsfree Marketing feature with Deluxe (most expensive) tier allows for automatic SMS promotions. Ability to create up to 10 rewards.

Cons

When used with the Clover system, app frequently experiences down time and has trouble updating data in real time as customers earn points or redeem rewards. Online dashboard is frequently slow to update. Multiple inventory items cannot be assigned to a reward and automatically deducted from the cost of an order in the register checkout screen (must manually apply percentage off discounts). Unclear when SMS promotions expire. Very small character limit for reward title/description (can't elaborate on size, color, or any other product particularities).

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied July 2018

Hi Karolina, many thanks for the candid review. Rewards can be configured to inject the discount automatically into the order, there is no need to apply discounts manually. This would work much better in your case. Please get in touch with us and we can set it up.

Joyci from House Of Kava

Loyalzoo is wonderful! Our customers love this loyalty program and so do we!

Pros

Cons

The only problem we have is that it only allows up to three promotions/point stamps at a time. We would prefer to be able to make up to 5 at least!

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied January 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We have an upgrade available that allows up to 10 rewards, and more marketing options. Let us know if you'd like more info :-)

Elizabeth from Krave Kava Bars

Quality replacement for Perka

Pros

It's easy to use. I don't have to have customers sign in each time bc I can look them up on the store iPad. Customer service is always prompt And on top of any issues we had w set up.

Cons

I'm not able to retrieve all the data of Customer history like Perka. There are no other cons to using this software.

Response from Loyalzoo

Replied January 2018

Thanks for your feedback Elizabeth! We have recently implemented Customer History, just tap on "xx days since last purchase" within the customer's details screen :-)