• icon"We used a few others before discovering Loyal Zoo. The transition from my old system to Loyal Zoo was amazingly simple."
  • icon"Really easy to use, Value for money aswell. We have built up a huge customer base via loyalzoo."
  • icon"Integration was very simple and easy to launch. What I like most is that I can use the least amount of personal information possible and the mobile sign in is awesome."
  • icon"Lack of customizability for each shop unless paying for a full year up front."
  • icon"Seeming inability to restrict sales to walk in business only. Our commercial customers and off premise catering customers also get reward points."
  • icon"The bouncing back and fourth between our till screen and the loyalzoo screen can be a pain."

All Loyal Zoo Reviews

Ben

Best Loyalty Program We Have Used To Date!

Pros

The price for what you get is really unbeatable. It has most of the features we need in a loyalty program. Love the 2x loyalty points and ability to push out promotions any time.

Cons

My only issue is so far I have been unable to figure out how to connect it to my WooCommerce store. It would be nice to be able to sync our customers that shop online and in store so they could earn points regardless their method of shopping.

Response from Loyalzoo

Thanks for your feedback Ben! To connect to Woocommerce, you can use Zapier. Please check loyalzoo.com/integrations. Cheers.

Replied January 2018

hoang

Most bang for your buck

I love the ease and the pricing for this product makes it an easy choice

Pros

Loyal Zoo does exactly what I need it to do. It's a digital stampcard for clients that's very inexpensive and does everything other similar products offer. 1)You can customize your points 2)It has a history of clients' activities 3)It is inexpensive 4)You can also use their texting feature to text clients for promos 5)You can add notes for each client essentially creating a client profile

Cons

For the approximately 2 years that I've used Loyal Zoo there were no issues with the software itself. There was one problem when I was away from work and I needed to look up a client but forgot my password. I emailed them and I was not able to get it until the next day.

Reasons for choosing Loyal Zoo

Spot was just as expensive as FiveStars and Clover was not easy to use

Reasons for switching to Loyal Zoo

I switched because the price increase did not match the needs.

Hope

Great potential ...but it’s not there yet!

Customer experience is amazing!

Pros

LoyalZoo has great potential and it’s definitely an affordable option if you’re already using the POS system, Clover. The messaging and promotions feature is great.

Cons

If you’re not using Clover, it’s a LOT of work around and manual labor to add loyalty points. The paid membership platform has great potential but needs work. The aesthetics, back end, and website widget option definitely need work. It’s clunky but doable. The promotion and messaging feature doesn’t work well on a mobile device. You have to create your promotions on a desktop.

affordable

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Hope, Thank you for your great feedback as always, unfortunately, without the likes of Clover, we lose a lot of value-added features. It's always best to have our software as part of your POS to have the best experience. All of your feedback is already noted and in our pipeline for the near future. So watch this space :)

Replied November 2020

Alicia

Industry: Photography

100% Best Loyalty Program for Small Businesses

I have been researching loyalty programs for months to find a product that works for us. My business is not your standard brick and mortar shop and required integration with many forms of purchases both face to face and online. Every other system I looked into and trialed was complicated and not user friendly for my staff and customers. The apps were clunky or extremely overpriced. Within 2 weeks I have been able to set this system up, connect it to both my online order forms and face to face purchasing system and even managed to link a login page to my website so customers can easily check in with us at any time to see their points balance and rewards. The application is easy for customers to use and points/rewards can be received instantaneously by my customers. I have received amazing customer service with instant replies most of the time. Nothing was too much trouble and requests were attended to promptly. Very happy with the service so far and look forward to using this system a lot more in 2022!

Pros

Ease of setup and integration with online systems.

Cons

I am a travelling photographer and videographer for dancing and events so my customers purchase both face to face and online. Because the software is designed for brick and mortar businesses, you have to be within a short distance to "check in" through the application. However I was able to work around this by putting the login/register hyperlink on my website so my customers can check in from anywhere.

Response from Loyalzoo

Many thanks for the incredible review Alicia, we really appreciate it :-)

Replied November 2021

Jeff

Cant believe it took me so long to install this!

As you can see from the rest of this review the software is brilliant and definitely encourages repeat business and equally the team from loyalzoo are on hand to help with any issues. Brilliant service!!

Pros

This software works perfectly for my business. It encourages customers to repeat spend with me, even if they have a more convenient place to shop. Because the software is customisable, it allows me to reward customers with other elements of my business, which encourages cross selling.

Cons

I would like a better interface and easier way to customise messages to customers. Although we can create an email or push notification for VIP's (a brilliant part of this software) the end result to the customer is pretty basic and needs to be smarter.

Reasons for choosing Loyal Zoo

I needed something that allowed me to customise rewards

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Jeff, Thanks so much for your kind words! If you wouldn't mind dropping us an email to hello@loyalzoo.com as to what you would like to see with our promotions feature, we are always looking for direct suggestions from our clients when improving the software :)

Replied July 2019

Gregg

Best Loyalty Texting Program I have found.

Overall Loyalzoo is great and I will continue to use it unless the price becomes too high. It does everything I want and more.

Pros

I like the price. For my business I only send out a text every month or so, so I do not need some overly expensive program that lets me send 5 per day. Plus the customer service everytime I have had a problem has been great and it was fixed very quickly.

Cons

-Easier way to look at customer point history.

Reasons for switching to Loyal Zoo

Fivestars was just too expensive for what I was using it for. They didn't have a cheap package like Loyalzoo does.

Jamie

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Loyalzoo review

We have been happy with the product and the company. A couple of times I got a little frustrated with the method of communication but our issues are always resolved quickly and explained very well.

Pros

This is such an easy program to use. We have had very few minor mishaps and overall have been very happy with the convenience and ease of this product.

Cons

Really I have no complaints. We are very happy with the program.

Cost, ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Loyal Zoo

Cost, control over discounts/promotions, ease of product

Jen

Nice addition to our operation

Good. Have had to spend time educating the customer on the process. They "check in" but don't always tell us they're here so we can apply the points from their purchase. We've made signs for POS and have run several social media "how to's" to assist in the process. We still get kick backs from customer after purchase (phone call, social media message, return visit) with them saying they didn't get their points. We have multiple POS, so even if they check in, we don't know who they are. Educating the end user has been the biggest hiccup. The initial roll out was overwhelming for our staff. For a few weeks, we had A LOT of interest in the program. Sign up takes some time and was slowing down operations. We created a business card to hand out to people with the points they earned. There is spot for them to write the data we need to enter them into the system. When they bring it back, we enter the info and the missed points from the first visit at our convenience when we're not busy. Corporate has since contacted you and created a link that brings the customer right to our location and they can fill out their own data. That was a great addition.

Pros

Relatively easy to train staff in use of loyalty program. Our parent company (we have 2 franchise locations) set up the parameters for the redemptions, but it seems easy to set them up if I needed to do it myself.

Cons

I have run 2 promotions. The first one was a learning curve with importing graphics and text, etc. We have 2 locations and I want to run the same promo for both. It was annoying that I couldn't copy and paste the promo. I had to assemble it from scratch which took about 30 minutes. I also wish I could view the promo once I uploaded it to run. I couldn't remember the exact wording I used or the spacing. Our promos from one location to another were almost identical, but not quite. I also wasn't able to show the staff what it would look like prior to the run to prep them for what to look for. Also, when I run a report "show transactions data", there are columns that can't be seen on the dashboard even when I minimize the menu on the left. There is no side to side scroll bar, only up and down. I am only able to see timestamp, first, last, email, phone, reward type, reward name... There is clearly another column because I can see the start of a word, but I can't access it. When I select "email transactions data" there is also reward count, customer ID, staff ID, order ID. These are not visible on my dashboard. It would be nice to see these rather than have to download a .csv every time.

Reasons for choosing Loyal Zoo

We are a franchise (2 locations out of about 40). Our parent company rolled out this program after several of us requested info on loyalty programs. They are paying for all of the locations to use Loyal Zoo. Bonus!

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Jen, Thank you for your kind and detailed feedback. We have in our immediate pipeline to make promotions more user-friendly so watch this space. In regards to the report, this is likely an issue with your browser/device you are viewing from. I have logged into your account and I can view this information by scrolling across. If you want to send an email to hello@loyalzoo.com and let us know what device and browser you are viewing on, we can investigate for you :) and also discuss any other feedback you would like to provide. Unfortunately, it sounds like customers are checking-in and expecting points to be automatic for a check-in but of course they have to make a purchase as well. We really try to make this obvious to the customer by telling them they need to visit a staff member to collect points but this feedback is very helpful. I'll report back to our tech team and we'll try and brainstorm to make this more clear. Thanks again!

Replied October 2020

Anna

An Amazing Time Saver!

When I complete adding each customer into the digital loyalty program, I'll be saving a lot of time. Before Loyalzoo I had kept most of my customers loyalty cards in boxes on my desk. I used to have to hunt for cards, and the odd time a card would be misfiled or ended up paperclipped to another customers card which caused frustration. Now with Loyalzoo, my customers check in and there is no missing cards, and they usually have their profile up even before I'm completed ringing in their purchase. I know immediately if they have qualified for $10 off and they can choose to save it or apply it. I have been using the program for just over 2 weeks and the feedback from my customers has been wonderful. I have yet to try a promotion, so I cannot give feedback on that at the moment.

Pros

I love the time saving this program has created. Instead of having to ask the customers name and search for the customers card, they can check in while I am ringing up their purchase. I used to have customers come back and ask if their points were added to the paper version if they didn't see me do it. Now they receive an email confirming it is done. It is easy to use, I am using the POYNT terminal and I highly recommend Loyalzoo! My customers are definitely enjoying the ease of use, even the few that were resistant to the change.

Cons

When I ask a customer to check in using to bring up their profile, sometimes the check in button doesn't show up on the screen. At that point, I open up the app on my side of the terminal and then the check in button shows up. This is not a deal breaker for me but it is a little inconvenient. The other thing I haven't figured out is if there is a way to remove given points due to a return. You can undo the last points given but there doesn't seem to be an option to choose how many points to delete.

Reasons for choosing Loyal Zoo

I didn't even consider looking for an app for my loyalty program before I received my POYNT terminal because I have an old casio register. I did not even have a tablet for my store. I'm grateful that I gave POYNT a chance, both the terminal and the Loyalzoo app have created a more modern atmosphere for my store.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Anna, Thank you for your great feedback. In terms of the check-in issue, you are having we are aware of the problem but it's very difficult to fix due to a technical limitation of Poynt. We're working with them closely to try and iron out some of these issues. If you want to edit a customer's points further than using the "undo" button, you can edit them from our dashboard under the customers tab. Here is an article on how to do so: https://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/418957-updating-a-customers-points-balance

Replied February 2020

Joshua

A small-business hero in disguise

Overall our experience with LoyalZoo have been very positive compared to our last loyal program (FiveStar). I think the only issues we've come up with more frequently is monitoring our points from different stores (as our client base is linked with both accounts, sometimes it's hard to determine where the point is coming from since the purchase history is linked to the accounts). However, any questions or issues we have usually the customer service online replies and gives us guidance as soon as possible and is one of the strongest reasons we've continue with LoyalZoo, the customer service is simply impeccable.

Pros

LoyalZoo is simple to use, the interface is clear, and functions are straight forward. It provides us most of the time with exactly what we need, a system that charts our customer's loyalty and nothing else. It was the simplicity that enticed us to use the software in the first place, but ultimately the extremely positive customer service that made us stay.

Cons

The interface, although clear, could be a little outdated in terms of style. There are frequent lags in between and the system could be hard to load at times. There seems to be a few more features that could be added, for instance, changing the avatar on a person's profile or making the numeric selection more flexible (instead of getting 9 from 5+2+2, it would be nice if we could just have the option to click out there). I understand that the software isn't complete and that LoyalZoo is always coming up with new stuff though so that is quite the bonus and something we are looking forward to.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Joshua! Thank you for your feedback. Exciting news we are announcing this week the release of our feature to change your customers profile picture (avatar). I'm not sure what device you use our software on but if you use a computer or a POS that has a keyboard then you can simply just type how many points you would like to add to the customer, rather than using the manual point buttons :) Make sure you have a nice strong internet connection to assist with any lag time as our system relies on that :) Glad to hear you are enjoying the system! And feel free to drop any further notes to hello@loyalzoo.com or via our chat system

Replied November 2018

Matthew

June 2022

Loyal Zoo is great

Need an offline mode that once internet is reset and online, it uploads

Pros

Low bandwidth usage, able to use easily

Cons

Can't use it offline or when internet fails

Brianna

It's not bad

Overall, things have been good.

Pros

It was pretty easy to implement and the customer service was always really quick to help whenever I needed assistance. It is usually a pretty user friendly program and does what we need.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to give out specific rewards instead of blanket ones. I would like to be able to change the rate of regular rewards from 1:$1 to something else, preferably customizable based on my preferences. It would also be nice to be able to do triple or more rewards, rather than just double points. I would also like to have an auto-add of points when someone registers for the rewards program.

Reasons for choosing Loyal Zoo

It was recommended by our Clover rep.

Reasons for switching to Loyal Zoo

Because I switched from Lightspeed to Clover.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Brianna, This is great feedback, thank you so much. In regards to issuing a different 1:1 ratio with points, we do have a feature where you can give more or fewer loyalty points based on tagged inventory items. So. you can align loyalty points based on the margin you have on each item. I've placed an article here to show you how: https://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/844680-modify-automatic-points-clover-and-epos-now but if you do need more assistance just touch base at. hello@loyalzoo.com We also have a special promotional tool that awards customers when they register and become "new" customers, it's called Handsfree Marketing and I've also left an article here on how to get set up: https://help.loyalzoo.com/en/?q=handsfree+marketing The feedback on the double points has been sent to our product team :)

Replied March 2021

Pierre

Good.

Good. I would like to fix the issues in the con list,

Pros

Pretty Easy to Use Customer Service was easy to reach when needed

Cons

When you contact customer service it leaves a window open on your POS system blocking necessary procedures and important functions. This window also makes it impossible to enter in any customers info. The software sometimes glitches and keeps customer info up so the former customer is getting the points from the current customers sale. There is a lag when putting in customer info sow end up creating duplicate accounts when the info doesn't pop up in time.

Reasons for choosing Loyal Zoo

Could use it with POS right away.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Pierre, Thank you so much for your kind feedback! I just wanted to touch base on some of your "cons" - We use a third-party chat system tool so unfortunately, we don't have control over where the chat system sits in our software sorry particularly if you are on a small screen. - We do recommend you reboot your Clover system daily on top of the automatic reboot it does overnight. Only because we make updates to our software sometimes every couple of days and the Clover needs to be pick up on these updates to operate really well, so by rebooting your device and getting those updates, it should resolve any little things you noted in your feedback: ) Thanks again Pierre

Replied March 2021

Dima

We have been using it for 3 years by now and love it

The team behind Loyal Zoo is super responsive, even on weekends. Per our request, they implemented for us a tier system that fits better with our vision on loyalty system, at no additional cost. Even helped us with the customer-facing screen customization. These moments are very valuable for us. They are patient and thorough in answers, always trying to get to the bottom of the question and easy to approach.

Pros

We were looking for a loyalty product that would not require a customer to download an app. Everyone has hundreds of apps these days, offering another one for a rare usage goes with resistance and unnecessary steps. They still have an app available, but optional for those who want it. The sign-up at the front counter is instant. People can use emails or phone numbers to register. The app is fully integrated with Clover POS, and a few other POS to some extent. The customer gets a notification that points have been applied. They have a backend app just for staff to use for manual check-ins and quick adjustments. There is also an admin panel where you can see all the trends and general business settings. All three accesses (the customer-facing one, staff's access and the admin panel) can be open also in your browser, so you can literally open them on any device. A nice bonus that you can send scheduled promotions to the signed-up customers via the admin panel. It is easy and powerful, the email looks professional and optimized for mobiles and desktops. The clients agree to the promos during the sign-up process and can easily unsubscribe within a promo email. It is a fast, simple and efficient tool.

Cons

A few things that I wish could be changed or added to the app: - The app divides customers into three categories, depending on their frequency of purchases: New, Slipping away and VIP customers. You cannot control that algorithm or place a person into a category manually when just implementing the system at your business. As an owner of a business, I like to have control of all the aspects that influence the experience at my facility, with some customers you develop more special relationships that cannot be calculated by unclear algorithms. One time a person comes as a VIP and another, as New and you can't really explain why. We are currently not using this option at all. -The app offers your customers to sign-up for the loyalty program either by phone or email, they choose only one of them during the registration process. We could not leave the email as the only choice. I am sure it is not a big deal for the most, but in our case, we wish to eliminate phone numbers. People generally forget what they used in the first place and sometimes it creates confusion with missing points due to the multiple accounts. Considering the cost and the load of benefits you get with Loyal Zoo, I can't really complain about anything.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Dima, many thanks for your super nice review. With regards to customising the three categories, the VIP rule is fully customisable. If you're interested, please get in touch in the usual ways, and we'll sort it out for you :-)

Replied April 2021

Cheryl

March 2022

Simple to use and very effective

I have been able to issue loyalty points without the need for loyalty cards which are expensive to print and annoying for customers. I have been able to easily get customers to sign up to the weekly marketing by incentivising them with loyalty points. So it's a win/ win.

Pros

I like the way it integrates with my current epos system so that I can issue loyalty points as people shop. I like the email marketing - just one email a week to promote may offers to loyalty customers ensures they keep returning.

Cons

I am frustrated that I can only send four marketing emails per month without paying more. Also, I would like to be able to attach a video/ reel to my emails rather than just flat images. Also the loyal zoo button on my epos till is slow - it takes too long to switch from the till screen to the loyal zoo screen and back again. Sometimes it gets stuck and takes forever to get back to the till screen.

Reasons for switching t