Browse Giftbit Reviews

Rob from Autodesk

Modern Platform, Easy UI.

I would recommend Giftbit to anyone wanting to incentivize or reward people. This is a minimal-hassle platform that takes the pain out of keeping track of hundreds or thousands of gift cards sent.

Pros

The Giftbit interface is lightweight and intuitive. I can easily check on the status of Giftbits I've sent to recipients, and know who has and who hasn't activated their rewards yet. I also like the bulk options, for sending hundreds of Giftbits at a time.

Cons

We would like Giftbit and VISA to allow Visa Incentive Cards to be sent (and used) outside the US, this would greatly expand our use of the platform.

Powerful and good overall for large quantities, but not without hiccups

This streamlined option for sending large quantities of gift cards is worth the hiccups along the way due to some great features and exceptional customer service. I know that Giftbit cares about satisfying its customers and I believe they will continue to optimize the experience going forward.

Pros

There are not many offerings that I could find that would facilitate mass gift card sends as well as provide the recipients multiple options as to where to redeem their gift. This saves a lot of time as well as avoids 1000 different charges on your credit card (which might even get blocked by your bank)- it's all consolidated! They also have different gift card options for various international regions, which is important to note if you have international recipients (you will have to do separate projects by region) - but that guarantees they won't have any trouble redeeming from where they are! The best aspect of this company is the customer service, though. They were super fast, helpful and resolved everything for me, free of charge, even when I made some mistakes that probably cost them some money. They have a live chat feature which I utilized, and copies of messages are sent to your email when you are not online! Another exceptional feature is that you get 50% of your money back from any unredeemed gift cards. Normally you'd send out gifts not knowing who uses them or having any shot at recuperating unused money! Overall, some super smart features and offerings. I would definitely use Giftbit again.

Cons

I was able to resolve all of my issues; however, initially I ran into some hiccups related to contact entry in my recipient database 95% of my excel sheet imported but I had to scan for the missing ones and manually enter them. As well, some recipients could not receive the Giftbit email because their company domains blocked Giftbit as a sender due to firewall protections. For those who could not receive, I sent to them individualized links for redemption via my personal email. This is a fine solution, but time consuming, and defeats the purpose of utilizing a system like this.

Wanted more options besides Amazon

Brandon from BBVS INC

Industry: Music

The idea is great, but the execution is poor.

Clients used the gift cards, but it was a huge waste of time getting it setup. However, I dreaded having to login and use their software everytime I had to because it was very confusing and their support team was quick to respond, but not very empathetic apologetic about the issues on their UI.

Pros

I like that you can get some money back for unclaimed cards. A great choice of vendors to select from for the gift card purchase.

Cons

A confusing user interface that lacks basic functionality such as confirmation messages after purchase, lack of notifications, holding former draft orders in limbo. After some back and forth with support, they said I wasn't using the software "correctly". It shoudln't be used to purchase gift cards, but rather as some kind of marketing automation tool.

Response from Giftbit

Replied May 2018

Hi Brandon, Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback - we always want to ensure our customers have a great experience and I'm sorry to hear that you did not. I would also love to gather more of your feedback. As your email is not displayed, please feel free to email operations@giftbit.com to chat further.

Emily from Lucia Capital Group

Great for recognition

Pros

Giftbit works really well for our needs as a weekly recognition program. It is easy to send, and use the gift cards. Love that you can save templates to use quickly but you can also create new templates just as easily. They have an extensive list of gift cards that satisfy anyone's preferences. Overall, would recommend Giftbit to others for it's ease of use.

Cons

Most difficult part is the reporting. I wish there was an easier way to run reports without having to wait for them to be generated and sent to your email. Also from the contacts, you should be able to click each one and find out how much you have gifted/any outstanding balances immediately. Would like to see those features improved upon.

Reasons for Choosing Giftbit

Giftbit allowed for a quick approval process. Gyft I had to set up an account and wait 5 business days for approval. After waiting one day, I went forward with Giftbit because they verified me quickly, and let us start recognizing employees immediately. It felt like Gyft was too slow and didn't really want our business. They never got back to me after submitting the application.

Justina from Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority

Easy and cost effective

Working with Giftbit has been great. We've been sending gift cards with them for a few years now, and we've seen the platform improve a lot.

Pros

We chose Giftbit because we realized a large chunk of our digital gift cards weren't being redeemed. Giftbit was the perfect solution to help us recoup some of that money and apply it to the next order. It's easy to upload contacts and make templates. They also allow for a bunch of different gift card options which shows that we care about our recipients (by letting them choose which type of gift is right for them).

Cons

You can resend an email individually with the click of a button, but it would be nice to be able to do a bulk reminder or resend to those who haven't claimed their offer yet, maybe with the ability to add some text. While the ability to get some of your unclaimed money back is great, our first preference is for recipients to use their gift cards!

Reasons for Switching to Giftbit

We were just buying bulk Starbucks gift card codes and emailing them through our system.

Kimberlee from Allstate

Giftbit has saved me!

It has saved me so much time and stress- very thankful to have found Giftbit!

Pros

I use to spend hours sending referral gifts and asking people what they wanted and Giftbit has taken all of that away from me and saved me hours. Our referral sources love it and always say how cool it is they get to select so many great options. ALSO I am able to track and see who has not used a gift card and easily resend to them.

Cons

I wish I had a way to revise the email if I accidently put it in wrong as I have made a few mistakes and then not been able to resend. Usually customer service helps right away though!

Sandra from Campbell Homes

Easy and Convenient

I have used GiftBit both at this job and my previous job. Previously we used it extensively to reward people for completing post-event surveys or for watching a webinar. At this job, we use it to send a $50 gift card to our home buyers on their 6 month anniversary.

Pros

Love that I can download links and send email myself. Love the fact that the recipient can have an option on what gift they want from three choices, if I set it up that way. Love the reporting to see if any recipients haven't claimed their gift, so we can remind them.

Cons

Sending an email from the system lands it in junk mail at times, so I use downloadable links to circumvent that.

Reasons for Choosing Giftbit

COVID demanded a change in plans, as people didn't want us coming by their house to drop off the card and our salespeople didn't want to do that either anymore. Also this way we don't pick the card for them, as they can choose between the three choices.

Archna from Punjab Kesari

Giftbit helps us a lot in effectively managing the Rewards and Incentive Programs.

Pros

We loved how easy it is to buy and send e-gift cards to our users with Giftbit. Giftbit offers various gift cards to choose from and also offers the sending of gift cards in bulk. They also offer Visa Gift card for just additional 2.95$, which is most loved by our users. We can manually customize the Reward Template and add our brand logo, details of the incentive program and reward message. By using the Giftbit API, we can automate the whole incentive/loyalty program. We can effectively improve the reward program by monitoring the gift card delivery and redemption.

Cons

The major issue we face while using Giftbit is that if a recipient does not accept a gift card, we get only 50% of the face value back. We really wish that they should do something about it. Other than this, we so far haven't faced any major issue with Giftbit.

Brittany from Directions for Living

Easy way to send gifts

So happy that I found Giftbit and our agency will continue using this service for years to come.

Pros

Giftbit allowed me to send a gift to over 200 employees with multiple options that pleased everyone. During the pandemic, it wasn't realistic to send gift cards to everyone's home when we wanted to reward them. All of the staff loved and appreciated being able to choose their favorite store or restaurant to use their gift card at.

Cons

To ensure we didn't lose money on the project, I purchased the links and had to individually send the gift cards to each employee - that way, if they didn't redeem them in time, I could redeem them and send them to their email (which happened a lot) before we lost half the value of the gift card. It just made it tedious for me.

Convenience

Drew from Gubagoo

Low friction way to get gift cards out in bulk

Very low friction to get started, and support is helpful and responsive.

Pros

Giftbit is relatively easy to use, and allows us to quickly get bulk sends of gift cards out into customer or employee hands. We usually use Giftbit rather than Sendoso (who we also work with) for digital gift card sends, as it's more cost efficient and quicker for bulk sending.

Cons

The template is rigid and has awkward wording built in ("[Company name] sent you an offer"), which does not relate to 90% or more of our actual sends. No way to change that. Lacking a few notable options in Canada, despite being a Canadian company (such as Uber Eats, so we have to use Sendoso for those.)

Katie from Trust

Industry: Information Services

The answer to your reward issuing problems

Pros

-Template feature -Ease of ordering -Contact retention (with the ability to resend or see if someone has claimed the gift card yet) -Customer Service Team is quick to answer and can always resolve my issues

Cons

I wished that there was additional currency choices and gift card type. Also wish there was a way to view the orders by number, when its monthly reporting time, digging through my emails can be a pain.

Angel from Opencare

Easy to use and navigate. Superb customer service!

I am a very happy customer! It made my work easy and I will definitely recommend. Even in times that I needed to ask some questions, the customer support were quick to respond. :)

Pros

What I love about Giftbit is that it's very user-friendly. Easy to navigate and customize. You can create a campaign in a few minutes. I have been using it for more than 2 years now and I haven't had any issue so far.

Cons

Haven't encountered any issue so far- so all good! :)

Hayley from FormAssembly

Easy to use, No frills

Positive and simple.

Pros

The simplicity of sending and customizing gifts, multiple options for sharing the gift, and the availability to create templates and repeat the process again.

Cons

The lack of gift choices, inability to send internationally, and the contact import isn't very user-friendly.

Heather from Lovepop, Inc.

Easy to send out a LOT of gift cars

Overall, this is a great tool. But I find that I use the other program more because I'm not pressed for time, and I come out better financially with the other one.

Pros

This is really easy to use and allowed me to send out gift cards to everyone at my company. There are lots of gift cards options. And anytime I had a question, the team was so quick to answer politely and completely.

Cons

I can use other programs that don't charge me per order. Those same other programs gives me rewards back, meaning money back to me.

Scott from Southeastern Predictive Health

Industry: Medical Devices

Fast and easy gift cards for customers

Couldn't be more pleased. This was the gift card solution I was looking for.

Pros

It's very easy to purchase credits and send gift cards. I send customers gift cards after they participate in an educational Zoom meeting. It takes me less than 60 seconds to send the gift card. The incentive drives participation in the calls, which in turn drives sales. My customers really like that they get a choice of gift card as well.

Cons

I had trouble getting my logo sized properly and looking good in my template. However, I asked for help through the online chat box and my problem was solved in less than a day. There was a lot of effort and conversation by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in order to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. The support was stellar.

Ashley from Built In

Tech-forward way to reward employees

Overall great - ease of use and efficiency were amazing with the automations and templates.

Pros

The ease of use to send Giftcards via links or email to many different people, on different teams at the company. It also has a great template setup and makes automations very quick.

Cons

We do have international employees and the functionality isn't there for Giftbit to send internationally — which was a small snag but since we're U.S.-based, it wasn't a huge issue. I can see it deterring international/global customers though.

Reasons for Choosing Giftbit

It had a sleek, intuitive interface and had automated templates for customization. We're a tech company, so anything we roll out to our employees needs to be top of the line in terms of usage and design, which Giftbit is.

Alfredo from SimpleTexting

A few minutes to set up, hours of time saved

Pros

In that past, we would manually purchase gift cards for our users. Then I discovered Giftbit. In just a few minutes, I was able to integrate our CRM with Giftbit via Zapier. Now all our team has to do is tag a user in our CRM and BOOM the card is sent automatically. We also had a spreadsheet where we would keep track of how much we were spending on gift cards. Guess what? That's automated now too. Giftbit has saved me hours of time. It's only been a few weeks, but I'm hoping to never go back to the old way!

Cons

The Zapier integration is still in beta, so there were some quirks as I was setting it up. Nothing too challenging.

Jason from Tucows Inc.

Giftbit was easy to use

It was great experience. None of our prize winners had any issues redeming their prize.

Pros

The platform was easy to use and helped me keep track of which gifts have been redeemed or not.

Cons

The software covered all of my needs and was easy to use. I don't really have any negative feedback. However, I used it for one event, so I didn't use multiple campagins.

Nadine from AccessNurse

Giftbit Is AWESOME!

Great!

Pros

Giftbit is easy to use. With only a few clicks, you can send a gift to a large group of people. It's been a life-saver, especially in this COVID/remote world. Plus, the Giftbit team is extremely responsive and helpful. You can't beat that type of service!

Cons

I think Giftbit was easy to use and self-explanatory.

None.

Caitlin from Home Captain, Inc.

Easy to use gift card company!

It's a great platform that helps us connect with our clients which is an essential part of our business.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the platform and how easy it is to send our clients gift cards. I also like the reporting feature.

Cons

The cost of each gift card is a little higher than the other software we used to use but the quality of the platform makes up for it.

Reasons for Switching to Giftbit

The fact that you can send virtual gift cards with pre-written emails and reporting is provided.

Stacey from SYPartners

Nice easy way to fulfill gift cards.

Pros

Loved the Zapier integration with our survey system. Super easy to customize. Lots of gift card choices. Good customer support.

Cons

I wish I could just attach a credit card and get billed for the cards as sent, versus the buying credits situation.

Reasons for Choosing Giftbit

Ease of use, and simplicity.

Great instant Product - Easy UX (Needs more Canadian Selection)

Employee rewards are always relevant in the moment and you don't always go ourt and buy gift cards...And variety is another issue...These guys solve that problem...

Pros

- Visual - Instant reward & Gift - Tracking and utilization

Cons

Need more Canadian Options to be able to match the vast selection in the USD side

MICHAEL from Ancora Education

Make It Easier

Good but far from great.

Pros

Once you get it, not too hard to use. Recent changes have actually made it harder.

Cons

The template build feature stinks. At times I just want to send something quick and it takes longer than it should.

Reasons for Choosing Giftbit

Liked how it was at first.

Melodie from Plan to Protect

Ease of gift giving at your fingertips!

I have had not problems, it has exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Giftbit has made it so easy for me to send gifts of appreciation to clients and staff. I can customize the gift for the recipient. I love the ability to loo to see if the gift has been opened and/or redeemed.

Cons

I can't seem to be able to give an Amazon gift card from USA. For almost 6 months it says pending. We have clients in both Canada and USA, and it would be nice to have Amazon gift cards available in either country.

Recommendation.

Ease of use.

Kathleen from Friends of Foundation Academies

Great product -- especially in virtual world

A great option for staff appreciation.

Pros

We typically gave in-person incentives to employees at various company events. This product allows to to recognize our staff virtually, customizing the experience for them. A great option for staff appreciation.

Cons

The fees associated with VISA giftcards are high so we typically do not choose to use VISA.

Giftbit Review

Love it -- would recommend it to anyone who needs to distribute gift cards at scale

Pros

All the giftcard options they offer and overall workflow

Cons

API is a bit clunky and wish they had better reporting

Angela from Genentech

Industry: Biotechnology

OK option for ordering bulk gift cards

Rated it a 5 for ease of use and a bit costly of $24.50 service fee to do bulk orders.

Pros

I mainly used this software when I need to purchase large bulk orders of over 25 gift cards

Cons

It's not user friendly and sometimes awkward to navigate. But I had a lot of help from tech support for this site otherwise I would be lost.

Erika from Teen Challenge Canada

Second to None

Fantastic. We have appreciate the quick turnaround with customer service and the unique concept that this webpage offers.

Pros

It user friendly format, functionality and cost effectiveness.

Cons

The ability to schedule reports. Email prompt to be sent to admin re: upcoming expiry deadlines.

Sarah from Stability Healthcare

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great Experience for our employees and Clients!

Pros

We love using Giftbit to send surprise gifts to both our employees and clients. They are able to choose their giftcard based on our selected options and redeem it easily. It makes sending birthday, anniversary, thank you gifts and recognition awards so easy and I can't express how much I appreciate that!

Cons

I wish the notification emails looked a little less like SPAM!

Valentina from Elite Window Fashions

Giftbit review

Pros

easy to use great interface great customer service

Cons

not enough vendors too bad that you can't choose your own amounts for certain vendors, only fixed.

Reasons for Switching to Giftbit

Too expensive Too high of a markup Not the best program for our company which sells through dealers

Mallory from Caleres

Terrible Scam of a Company

Overall I had a terrible experience and would not recommend using them. Your end users will NOT be happy

Pros

This isn't software-- they scam you into using them to issue giftcards with little to no flexibility

Cons

This company is a complete scam and their customer service is useless.

Luigi from The LeadersTrust

Overall, good software

Pros

It was easy to use and send out gift cards for our focus group participants. Helpful to track the acceptance rate.

Cons

I wish it was easier to automatically push out reminders to folks (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.) instead of manually pushing out the reminder.

Roee from Yale

Excellent product - does what it advertises

Pros

Great product if you value having the correct email address - found many incorrect email addresses in real time Amazing customer service

Cons

Reports could be more customized. Currently, a very general excel file is generated which required some processing.

Jennifer from CICS Prairie

Highly Recommend

Pros

I use Giftbit for staff gifts so they can select what they like. It has been very well received!

Cons

It would be nice to have more templates to choose from for sending the "cards." Also, the photo upload feature makes the picture very small.

Taron from Soapbox Influence

Giftbit

Sending bulk gift cards saved us time

Pros

This saved my team so much time when needing to send bulk gift cards. I also like the gift card selection

Cons

Truly I cannot think of anything that stands out to me

Reasons for Switching to Giftbit

You had to send gift cards individually and pay pees individually. It racked up the costs

Main Features are Easy to Use and Valuable

Pros

It has a decent price point and is easy to pull reports of which gift cards have been used.

Cons

It is difficult to access things that should be easier, such as receipts and FAQs are not comprehensive.

Nora from Wysdom.AI

Human Resource Manager

It's a great and simple tool that I can manage.

Pros

easy to use, and easy to manage. I like that I can pull records for AP.

Cons

I don't really have a problem with the tool.

Nick from PushPress

Easy to Setup and Use!

Great!

Pros

Super easy, with good options for rewards

Cons

Manually adding clients for 1 off rewards isn’t as easy as it could be

Robert from Sewickley Academy

Great Gifting Tool

Great

Pros

The implementation was easy and the rollout was smooth.

Cons

We did not like the Additional fees for visa.

Steve from JSU Media

Game Changing

Pros

With the zapier integration literally makes this software sooo easy to use. I can now easily track referrals and how much my referrals are collecting. LOVE the ability to set expiration times and dates as well as getting 50% refund for unused gifts

Cons

No affiliate program. Would love an app for this

Ivo from Myka Technologies

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Good, easy-to-use product

Pros

Very easy to set up. It worked without any issues for our company and our users.

Cons

When I started using the product, I thought you could get your money back if you put more money towards gift cards that is needed. That turned out not to be true, so we had to spend the excess gift cards even if we didn't want to.

MEERA from SML technology Solutions(PVT)Ltd

Review about Giftbit

It is very helpful to offer gift card to the customer and allow customer to choose many brands.

Pros

It useful for large and even for small enterprises to contact and communicate their customer and offer any gifts.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this product because t very useful to get gift cards and buy and can select multiple brands