Browse UserGuiding Reviews

Buğra from Tractific

Great onboarding tool!

We use UserGuiding to highlight certain important features in the trial -> paid funnel. It has been increasing conversions so far. Before, we felt like customers don't understand how to work with the product; now we have less support tickets than ever.

Pros

We were on the brink of building an in-house solution for onboarding when we met UserGuiding. It allowed us to design a beautiful product walkthrough within minutes, without a single line of code. Less support tickets, more free trial conversions, happy product managers :)

Cons

The analytics part is probably enough for most teams. We needed a little more control over data, which led us to use another product for it.

Reasons for Choosing UserGuiding

UserGuiding is by far easiest to set up, their demo explains everything clearly, all there is left is to write the guide.

Kent from Geo Workforce Solutions

Very customisable onboarding software

It is pretty clear that having a clear and effective onboarding process is vital for engagement and retention of those new users. Userguiding is helping us make sure we guide and assist our users in how to get the most value from our software.

Pros

UserGuiding is a powerful way to add onboarding to your browser based app or website. We needed an option that was more customisable than other offerings, like Intercom. Userguiding allows you to adjust the look and feel of your onboarding product tour to look like it is part of your application. You can add much more than just a picture or video to your tooltips as well. You can adjust size of modals and pop-ups all of which allows a much finer level of control.

Cons

The actual experience of adjusting settings, look and feel can be a bit cumbersome. The preview of a step within a guide looks quite different to the version that will be rendered on the preview so you need to keep swapping back and forth between the two views. It would also be good to have control of the location of some other elements, like where on the screen a tooltip appears, and where within a tooltip or modal the quit icon (X) appears. Finally, it would amazing to have some extra controls over when a particular guide starts - for example, the guide starts 30 seconds after landing on a page. Another option would be to have elements on previous screens trigger the start of the guide. In our case, we have a native welcome screen that the user has to complete before the user guide should start. But the welcome screen is the same URL as the landing page. Because the URL doesn't change when the user completes the welcome screen, we had to do some workarounds to trigger the user guide on completion of the welcome screen.

Reasons for Switching to UserGuiding

Intercom has very limited customisation options and we could not get it looking like we wanted.

Response from UserGuiding

Replied March 2020

Hello Kent, thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions. I've forwarded your review to our product team. Thanks for being with us, and stay healthy! Mert

Youssef from Enova R&T

so good

Pros

Easy to use without any code implementation

Cons

less functionnality i would like if add possibilty to insert audio like we inject a text

the easy one

Powerful User Onboarding Tool

UserGuiding allows me to create interactive product guides for my users in seconds. The platform is easy to use and allows me to create user guides at multiple language and in different formats. I can also segment my users into groups and create surveys to understand their needs. Most importantly, I don’t need to hire anyone to build my guides. I can do it all myself with UserGuiding.

Pros

It's easy to build and it has a lot of onboarding documents and videos.

Cons

The price is a bit high. It would be great there is a free plan and feature based pricing.

Reasons for Switching to UserGuiding

UserGuiding has powerful and comprehensive feature set. It takes advantages against to competitors.

Konrad from City Pantry Ltd

Great tool to onboard your users

UserGuiding is going to help us solve issues with new user onboarding that currently takes a few hrs and requires our employee and customer to be in front of computer to guide them through over the phone. Now our users will be able to self-serve.

Pros

Fairly easy to use and a lot of functionalities for developers to build on.

Cons

Less skilled people (non-devs) would struggle with implementation and customisation to fully benefit all the features.

Reasons for Choosing UserGuiding

Much more competitive pricing. Great value for money. The same functionality.

Mehmet Ali from Doguş Teknoloji

Best Quality of Service and Easy to use Product

Since the first day I started using it, I was able to warm the product immediately because it was easy to use with its User-Friendly environment. I made an on-boarding pages for 2 sites in total with this product. One of these sites was for an in-house website and the other was for an off-site website, the feedback of them were really good.

Pros

The best thing about software is being User-friendly environment, really easy to use with GTM. The configurations or changes that you make on site directly effects which is really useful to improve and maintain. The User Interface is also great. Also I cannot pass over the concern of staff they are helpfull as much as they possible.

Cons

İ havent found any cons about this software, almost everything is perfect, also when i face a problem with custom configrations, the staff immetidiately intereferes the situation.

Reasons for Choosing UserGuiding

We chose a company that can provide direct communication because of being a company originating in Turkey At the same time price performance is also very successful.

Tuğçe from Popupsmart

More users in action!

Overall, User Guiding was a great experience. I am able to increase Popupsmart's sales thanks to analytical intelligent system that they offered. The more I see the problems, the quicker I provide solutions to our customers!

Pros

As a digital marketer, I don't have much coding experience and User Guiding enables me to create and use onboard flows without technical knowledge. I used to use multiple tools to segment my users according to their needs, browsing behaviors and geographical locations. I can simply say User Guiding is all in one tool to segment your customers correctly. Lastly, with the help of NPSs, I clearly see our customers' and leads' opinions, product experiences and their thoughts about us so that act according to the feedback we collect thanks to User Guiding.

Cons

They don't offer free chat on their website but the team responds quickly via email and try to solve your problems as soon as possible.

‪Saleh from saleh

"Irresistibly simple"

Customer engagement and conversion rates have skyrocketed thanks to UserGuiding. My consumers' adaptation process was sped up by using user onboarding solutions that gave interactive product instructions for new features.

Pros

This is completely insane! In less than 30 seconds, you can demonstrate how your product works to your consumers! The team is so talented and resourceful that you may reach out to them at any moment. They provide excellent customer service.

Cons

They don't have a live chat option on their website, but their team replies swiftly via email and works to resolve your issues as rapidly as possible.

Emrah from Thundra Inc.

Ridiculously easy

As a monitoring product, it takes time to get used to our product. We've been thinking of creating our guide ourselves but then we wanted to check the tools for that. UserGuiding was the easiest to use and we decided to use that. The product is already very nice but I should talk about customer success separately. They are proactively warning you whenever they notice something unexpected in your product. We already outsourced UI testing to them with their incredible help. Can recommend to anyone.

Pros

- Easy to create guides - Targeting is so flexible, we can have different guides for different sets of people - Customer success is incredibly helpful. They know our product better than us. - UI is very intuitive.

Cons

- Sometimes it takes an nondeterministic time for the guide to be effective. Not a big problem.

Aslı from American LIFE Dil Okullari

So easy!

Thanks to UserGuiding, the customer engagement, and conversion rates have increased insanely. User onboarding solutions provided interactive product guides for new features to fasten my users’ adaptation process.

Pros

This is literally crazy! You can show how your product works to your customers in less than 30 seconds! The team is so great and clever so that you can reach them anytime you like, Excellent customer service.

Cons

I am using it for a month None, so far.

Response from Ynot Partners

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to work with you!

Hannah from ProfitWell

Boosts new feature adoption immediately

We’ve been using UserGuiding for a while now, and it became a great addition to our stack immediately. Especially when introducing a feature we use UserGuiding to let our users know inside the app, and create short tours that help them understand the new function. There are also many options when designing an onboarding experience for new users.

Pros

We use UserGuiding for training new users, and the product tours are nice enough. What helped us most were the hotspots and tooltips for new features and updates. With hotspots, we were able to dramatically increase awareness to our new features. Also, the integrations with Segment and Intercom are offering us great value, as they provide us with amazing insights on our customers and their journeys.

Cons

Although we could integrate some of the tools we use with UserGuiding, it was a downer when I saw there is no integration with Heap yet. It could help us dig deeper into users’ actions during the onboarding and how UserGuiding affects their journey, I hope the integration becomes available soon.

Steven from MoData

A really incredible app

We were looking for a web app to create an onboarding experience for our software that was easy to use. We tried out a few different options but once we tried out UserGuiding it was clearly the best choice in terms of how it looked, how easy it was to use, how much we could do with it, and the price. Not only was I was able to create an entirely new layer of experience for our new users, but we've also been able to use it for additional purposes such as freemium feature locking and floating information bubbles that give additional information when clicked on.

Pros

Fantastic usability. I was able to create an entirely new user experience without the help from my development team at all. Able to set up a variety of user experiences (guiding training, slide outs, extra information bubbles, etc) by just going to the page and clicking on the object we wanted to use. It looks great visually and gives a high level of customization to keep brand consistency. This was really important to us as we put a lot of value on looking very clean and modern. Customer success and service has also been fantastic. Great group of people to work with. I highly recommend this tool.

Cons

There was a couple of slightly awkward functionality moments we found once we started working with large sets of experiences, but we quickly found our way through. Not a major issue at all.

Okan from Foriba

Industry: Program Development

Product Walkthroughs in Minutes

We've been developing user onboarding flows insource before UserGuiding. After a single UI change, the responsible person had to work on the flow for hours to change the location, test it and make it live. It takes less than a minute than UserGuiding!

Pros

UserGuiding has great UX - very simple to use. In a few hours after signing up, you can start getting positive results! Also the team is supportive. They do their best to support us on our busy days, even in weekends.

Cons

It would be great if we could upload our videos directly to UserGuiding, instead of embedding from online places. But still not a big problem.

Dylan from Liam Web Solutions

The most advanced onboarding program that I use to train existing and new employees

Create and track the performance of guides with Analytics available on this app.

Pros

Firstly, I like how it is easy to sign up and start using UserGuiding without complex procedures. I like how it is easy to create high-quality guides with the help of Google Chrome Extension. That way, no coding is needed to create guides with UserGuiding. Lastly, UserGuiding has wide array of features encompassing of Analytics, Hotspots, Segmentation etc.

Cons

14 days for free trial are not enough to make clear decisions. To make sure that they give prospective customers time to make informed determinations, they should at least increase duration for free trial to 30 days. However, with extra 30 days money back guarantee, it is all good.

Yalçin from SAP SE

UserGuiding is challenging for Cloud based Software

In addition I wonder, how to test the end-user role, when I only have the editor role. Normally I should be able to access the UserGuiding as a regular (non-editor) user, by just loading the Chrome Plug-In. However, in this case I am again asked for a UserGuiding User-ID? How are end-user supposed to access the User Guides?

Pros

Ease of use for single side web pages, but difficult for Cloud based web sites.

Cons

My problem is that the first UserGuiding step does not work as it doesn’t not find the starting point on the web page, because this web page is too long to show the entry button on a standard screen. To see the button (relevant for UserGuiding) the user has to scroll down quiet a bit.

Evaluation if different Vendors

Jeff from Pitashi

Turnkey Onboarding with Completely Seamless Build Out

I've used a few tools like this at other companies in the past. And I've used many SaaS products that have walkthrough onboarding flows like UserGuiding. But I've not actually built a flow out on my own until now. As someone who loves to tinker and test, I found the tool perfectly suited to me. And knowing how overwhelmed development teams are at SaaS companies, this is a tool that a product team or marketing group can work on and perfect, then go to the dev team with a final deployable version to drop in.

Pros

I love that I can build an onboarding workflow with all various different engagement / training methods like steps, confirmations, checklists and so much more. But the best part about UserGuiding is that I was able to build out a workflow without a single line of code and test it live on my site just by adding a Chrome extension. As a product manager, this tool is a great way to build out different onboarding flows and test them with my team long before I push something live.

Cons

There is a lot. And it's a little overwhelming at first. They have great support and documentation, but it's the kind of software you really need to dig into and just immerse yourself with. Once I did that, all the bells and whistles quickly became apparent.

Hakan from Ottoo

Very happy with UserGuiding!

Works well where alternatives don't. Also, the support team is very helpful!

Pros

Before UserGuiding, we've tried a few other user onboarding software to increase our free trial conversion. Others had problems with multi-page onboarding flows and iframes. UserGuiding team helped me implement it quickly and I had everything working in only a few days. Great support team!

Cons

Currently it lacks integrations with other analytics tools we use.

Despina from ReinventGrowth- Product-Led Growth agency

Awesome Robust Onboarding solution

If you are looking forward to creating a solid onboarding experience this should be your go-to solution. Userguiding is intuitive, with cool features and provides excellent customer support whenever necessary (which due to its functionality is not often required). It is one of the few solutions I constantly recommend to my customers when they strive to create an amazing onboarding experience.

Pros

Awesome usability. You do not need any technical assistance to create any onboarding flow or use any feature end-to-end whatsoever. Awesome customer support. Continuously adding new features and releases to improve the customer experience.

Cons

Simply none. The features enable your team to create an onboarding experience within minutes while the solution's analytics give you the necessary feedback to iterate whenever necessary

Stefan from Inteleagent

Great alternative to more established solutions

Userguiding helps us provide a seamless training experience to our users.

Pros

I liked the value offered for the price, as well as the features and the ease of use.

Cons

Design and feeling needs to be improved. More options for the checklists design would be great.

Bahadir from Fabrikator.io

UserGuiding is the voice of your product, onboarding your users!

We are using UserGuiding on our webapp for first onboarding of our customers. We give a short intro about our product and take them on a product onboarding journey designed on Userguiding. The completion rate of the guides we created a very decent as well.

Pros

The implementation process is very straight forward. You don't have dependencies on your technical team, you can set it up as a non-techie who has access to GTM.

Cons

Sometimes interface and Chrome extension could become confusing but once you get used to, it is not a big deal.

Reasons for Choosing UserGuiding

Our alternative was building the solution inhouse but comes with maintenance cost etc. So we decided to use UserGuiding because it is a full package, easy to install solution with good customer support.

Ester from GhostwriterAI

Excellent value

Before UserGuiding, I've spent over a month with going and back communication with my team to set up an onboarding process. It was not bad, but it requires hours to be changed and modified. With UserGuiding, I've done by myself in just a working day to get the whole workflow ready and live!

Pros

The product is easy to use and integrate into your own website to ensure smooth onboarding. It saves you from hours of coding, email, and discussions with your team about fast releasing internal walkthrough.

Cons

Nothing really, the team is supportive and reactive, and if you need something, they are there for you.

Dariusz from WL Siwik Wojciech Siwik

Great guides for startups online apps

First contact with Rep, UserGuiding support was impressive to me. He immediately repair irritating popup and update app function for my need (jumping between guides). I compare it with their competitors and UserGuiding looks really strong. I have no problem for starting and test how it work for my specific guide scenario (with some big competitors I had basic problems, like "I cannot publish")

Pros

Easy to use and implement in online app Great, fast, helpfull support Possible to create assistant Lightweight Enough in customization

Cons

Not ready for mobile Emoji in old style

Yigit from Prisync

Easiest Onboarding Software

Pros

This software is very straightforward and is very easy to use. Userguiding helps us make sure we guide and assist our potential customers on how to get the most value from our software.

Cons

I couldn't find anything that I don't like about the software functionally or user experience-wise.

Jared from Plexus Software

Really appreciated ease to trial and learn

We are trying to figure out better ways to scale a tech company internally and externally, and this is conceptually helping us imagine how to get there and we are still exploring these options.

Pros

They made it so easy to start trying it out

Cons

Well, I imagine I am a middle ground user. I am good with tech and have a wide variety of experience...but I am not a programmer and don't have enough depth to maybe understand everything. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get started and have vision...but going deep quickly is more difficult and maybe that shouldn't be a con and should just be normal and a truth for all software like this for now since they are really just in their infant stages to my understanding as an industry.

Response from Ynot Partners

Replied March 2019

Thank you Jared. We are doing our best to make UserGuiding the easiest tool to start building an onboarding process, without any coding. It feels great that we could manage it!

eric from Liefer hub

Works well!

Pros

The software is easy to use and understand, it works really well and I have been using it for on boarding programs and can't be happier with the use.

Cons

I software has a lot of glitches though needs to update.

Yarkin from Socio

Seamless User Onboarding Experience

UserGuiding is an accessible and affordable software to create product walkthroughs. We can create whole onboarding flows in minutes. Well done team!

Pros

UserGuiding is the easiest user onboarding software we've tried. You can get it going in minutes after signing up. The team is very responsive and they are always asking for feedback to improve the product.

Cons

No mobile support, but it’s not a big deal.

Cas from DNZB

Great product - Great people

Our problem was solved most definitely and we will keep using the product into the future!

Pros

The overall usability and adaptability with the software is great. You get every chance to customize the software to your liking. Also the UX is very nice.

Cons

Some of the implementation was a little hard because of our lack of technical knowledge. This was however made but by the awesome customer service who are always ready to help you!!

Macarena from YouBIM

UserGuiding is for everyone!

I think that in a very short time you have a quality interactive guide to show your users. The guides in PDF or guides with many pages finally nobody reads them, and many times they are difficult to understand. The help service was great! I had a problem and in a few minutes they solved it for me, and they did it in Spanish! :)

Pros

The design and interface is very friendly. With a good text and a few clicks you already have the first steps of your interactive guide.

Cons

For the moment I like everything. Maybe what I would like is for the software to be available in Spanish.

Response from Ynot Partners

Replied March 2019

Thank you for your great words Macarena. We are doing our best to help our users!

Sandeep from Drishti Technologies

Good tool for enhancing user experience

We want to enhance user experience, we want to launch our playbooks using this tool

Pros

Its User friendliness in creating the guides

Cons

Not so much customization option on the layout of the guides

Tadeáš from UXtweak

Complex features explained easily

I used it to create a walkthrough of the result page of our product. This page contains a lot of powerful tools and analytics which were not used by users due to their complexity at first sights. UserGuideng fixed that for us.

Pros

Very easy integration, in just a few minutes you are up and running. Easy to understand due to its intuitiveness. I was able to quickly create a solid walkthrough to communicate more information and explain some of the powerful features that look complex to our users.

Cons

I have not found anything I wouldn't like so far.

Torben from Plandisc.com

Fantastic product

Very intuitiv tool and excellent customer support. They are very quick in returning with answer.

Pros

It is very intuitiv and easy to work in. The attributions and segmentations works so good and easy to setup. The chrome extension is also easy to install and use.

Cons

None at all. It works was we expected and to a very interesting pricing.

Mary from Bloomingdale's

It's worth it.

It was my first experience with userguiding and I think the application does what it was set out to do pretty well in my opinion.

Pros

It's pretty simple and easy to use and the whole process is really just intuitive. There's nothing much too complicated about it.

Cons

I didn't use their customer support so don't know about that. But my first experience with them was genuinely good.

Steffen from Jublo

Better implementation guides

Pros

Easy to setup and cheaper than other systems.

Cons

In out conpany we need to keep track on how far a user is in the guide-steps. Right now all users get the guide on every log in. We havent figured out how to send userid so userguiding dont start if guide is completed.

Reasons for Switching to UserGuiding

Better setup options for out usage

Jason from CrewDriver

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great value! Excellent support!

We're using it to help introduce new users to our software.

Pros

It's easy and the support team is incredibly responsive.

Cons

It doesn't allow some of the features of the more expensive products. However it absolutely delivers on what it promises.

Very easy to use

Pros

It was very easy to implement. It only takes few minutes to add your first guide in your website.

Cons

Needs more functionality and feature to make customization.

Ilgım from LOY Community

Great Experience

Easy, fast and safe

Pros

our growing retantion rates suprised me.

Cons

I couldnt find anything to improve in the future

Response from Ynot Partners

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your great comments. We are happy to work together and create such a success story!

Burcu from Volt Lines

Easy and Helpful

It was a very helpful journey for me to understand how to onboard users, since the product was teaching while I was trying to setup my environment. Thank you, UserGuiding people!

Pros

Requests almost none of the development team's hours, just the setup code and that's all. If you have GTM already set up, you don't need this as well. Superior support, always received good intention signals and very intuitive on understanding where I need help.

Cons

Mobile SDK was definitely one of the things what I was searching for.

william from Web applications

Solid product, great price point, users love it!

Pros

Well rounded, lots of capability. Integrates well with all our custom applications.

Cons

Administrators require a Chrome plugin for creating guides

Shubhankar from Radicali

Does the job!

Pros

The ability to pick & choose the different kind of guides is the best thing about this software. Also, the feature about segmenting & customizing guides to different kinds of users.

Cons

It has a slightly high learning curve, the UI isnt the most intuitive.

David from Employee Benefits Designer

Poor customer support

Poor experience. I hope they would improve their customer experienc

Pros

User guide pop ups and it’s relatively simple to understand & use

Cons

Buggy and slow or even non existent customer support. Emails that don’t get response.

Response from UserGuiding

Replied October 2019

Hello David, Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm glad you find UserGuiding simple to use! And really sorry to hear about your previous experience. I'll be following up with my team so that we'll reach you soon. Mert

Ezra from Liam Web Solutions

Let's create interactive user guides with UserGuiding

UserGuiding allows me to develop guides and create user actions to determine the guides that they will be shows orderly.

Pros

Firstly, I like the way UserGuiding has a simple deployment architecture that does not involve third parties. Another added advantage is that UserGuiding does not involve coding while creating guides.

Cons

So far I have not come across a thing that annoys me at all.

Matthias from Eigener Herr mit Matthias Schwehm Persönlichkeitstraining

It's fun to guide your users. :-)

It reduces onboarding trouble and the refund rate by saving MUCH time.

Pros

With userguiding it is very easy to set up tutorials and so on to make onboarding processes and to guide your users in a very easy and motivational way.

Cons

In the beginning there is a learning curve. But after you did your first steps I becomes easier and much more faster to get your userguiding done.

Rachel from Hawk Movers LLC

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Works well!

Pros

The software works really well, is easy to use and can really be effective. The customer support was a great help to us. Very user friendly, simple, effective. The software is also really cheap.

Cons

The software does have few glitches and bugs which need fixing.

Layla from my shop baby

Handy tool!

Pros

I have been using user guiding and so far have been working really well. I like using it because it is easy to use and very relevant, our onboarding system works really well now.

Cons

Nothing, but there are some glitches in software.

Cagri from Aselsan

Industry: Security and Investigations

Easy to use, great support from the team

Pros

I especially liked how the product provides several ways to create content, easily.

Cons

We needed help for advanced integration, and the team helped us in a short time.

Reasons for Choosing UserGuiding

Ease of use and great support.

Bill from Internet

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

The side-bar nav was a little confusing

Kepler from RankScience

Super simple to use

Pros

Just started using the product and it was very easy to set up. The functionality is made easier by using the chrome extension.

Cons

A bit pricey but still cheaper than a lot of the competitors.

Osman Erdi from Juphy

No Code = No Problem

We implemented UserGuiding into https://juphy.com and solved onboarding issue just in 1 day. It's a unique solution. Although we are a technology-focused team, we decided to use UserGuiding because of their smooth, easy to learn user experience. We do not need to deal with complicated user guiding development any more :) Sometimes, No Code = No Problem.

Pros

Easy and powerful, slick design, you can create advanced user guiding flows (truly advanced).

Cons

UserGuiding promotion logo for the non-white-label package is too big and colorful, it may be smaller and colorless(Black&White)

Güner from Vexrob

Easy To Use

In Vexrob (https://vexrob.com) doctors and physiotherapists prescribe personal exercise programs for their patients. It was a problem to show how prescription of an exercise program can be done on web app. Userguiding helped a lot for creating a short journey.

Pros

User guiding is an easy-to-use tool for creating user onboarding. Perfect support

Cons

Some UI improvements are needed. It was a bit problem to edit created guide.