All Cloudflare Reviews

Best CDN I know of!

Zack

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Great AIO solution to secure all your web resources

When I came to the company, no one was engaged in the organization of security for web resources. Almost immediately I chose Cloudflare, set up this service, and since then I follow the analytics and turn on new features. We are satisfied with everything and we plan to stay further with Cloudflare.

PROS

I like the fact that the service is constantly being improved and adds new features, which allows you to abandon other services and use everything to ensure security in one place. Most of all I want to allocate 2 features - it is a CDN and protection against DDOS. It works just great.

CONS

Some settings are not in the obvious places for them, you have to google and read the documentation to reach them.

Reason for choosing Cloudflare

It's all-in-one solution to organize comprehensive security for your company

Reviewed January 2022

Great platform to optimize website security and speed.

With hacking and phishing scams becoming a major issue around the world, you can secure your website with very little effort and cost. If you have a webhost which lacks security, signing up with Cloudlfare for free is a no-brainer.

PROS

Getting a website working with Cloudflare is as simple as changing your website's nameservers and selecting what level of security you'd like. Complete site transition can be done in less than an hour. The free plan is truly 100% free with no expiration.

CONS

Sometimes the firewall can be inconsistent/too aggressive when it comes to filtering traffic. Occasionally we get a user who said they were unable to access our website. Another separate but small con is that while you can transfer your domain names to Cloudflare at a near-wholesale cost, you cannot register new domains directly.

Reason for choosing Cloudflare

We never ended up trying Fastly because Cloudflare offered everything we needed at no cost.

Jack

Telecommunications, 1 employee

Slick and Reliable

PROS

What I liked most about Cloudflare is its robust security features, especially the DDoS protection and SSL/TLS encryption, which significantly enhanced my website's security. The global CDN improved load times, and the intuitive dashboard with detailed analytics made management straightforward.

CONS

What I liked least about Cloudflare is the occasional complexity in configuring advanced features. While the basic setup is straightforward, some advanced settings can be confusing and require a steep learning curve. Additionally, customer support response times can sometimes be slow, which can be frustrating when dealing with urgent issues.

Karambir

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2023

Cloudflare...has lost its luster

Cloudflare has evolved from a simple tool to guarantee 24/7 availability and quick response time. When I compared it to QUIC.cloud and LiteSpeed, I found it did not perform as well.

PROS

Cloudflare provides a number of features that are important/essential for small business websites (DNS management, caching, SSL, etc.)

CONS

Overly complex and increasingly expensive without achieving optimal performance and 24/7 guarantees.

Reason for choosing Cloudflare

Initially, I chose Cloudflare because it seemed to be the only option and it was affordable. I eventually switched because it became increasingly complex and the price tag kept going up for essential features.

Bill

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Cloudflare all over the world. Best network utility

PROS

Tight and very well secured internet browsing.

CONS

With these features, cost is higher but I mean, who would'nt pay more for web security?

Brenden

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Best in class web application firewall, but expensive

PROS

It has all features necessary to easily set up a Web Application Firewall. Custom rules can be implemented to tweak cybersecurity controls for your app specifically.

CONS

Cloudflare is pretty expensive and hard to get implemented for smaller companies.

Nathan

Construction, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Peace of mind

Hugely positive and I've never used it to it's full potential.

PROS

I came across cloudflare around 10 years ago following a significant DDOS attack against our business website. Following the attack out hosting company refused to continue hosting our website and we were forced to move. Our new host was happy to have us and recommended cloudflare as an additional layer of protection and I've been using it every since.

CONS

When using their wordpress optimisation features, you never know whether they're conflict with another optimisation plugin.

Marie Joy

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

This is simply the best!

Overall, Cloudflare is a very helpful tool to use. I have never considered searching for an alternative for ages because Cloudflare never disappoints!

PROS

I like that it offers pretty good services for FREE. And how much more with the premium plans? The setup is so easy and the onboarding process is fast and pretty simple.

CONS

Their customer support is not very fast in responding to clients, but I think they are working to fix this one now.

Martin

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Modern and useful network content provider

I love this tool for its modern technologies like load balancer, CDN or DDoS protection;

PROS

I use Cloudflare mainly for its perfect load-balancing features. It allows to serve your application assets in CDN delivery network. You can easily monitor your side using tools build-in in the web interface.

CONS

You have to get some skills to configure anything in this tool. Sometimes the DDoS protection need to be optimalized to prevent some errors.

Sayma

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Used for Website

Overall it does the job well, especially working with squarepace.

PROS

I used Cloudflare for the Domain name service and for analytics. The Domain name service was quite easy to use, I linked it to Squarespace which was easy enough - becuse there's a tutorial on it on both Cloudflare and Squarespace.

CONS

There was quite a lot on one page, I had to skim read everything and it took some time to get the hang of it.

Christopher

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Cloudflare is

We have used Cloudflare for our company and personal websites for over four years without many issues. They have great features and if you are not tech savvy with the installation of SSL Certs or setting up rules this product can help you a lot. Their support can be a bit hit and miss but you usually get a response within 24 hours. We have seen some of the biggest and best brands in the world use Cloudflare and it’s really good how much you get for the price.

PROS

Our company uses Cloudflare for all of our websites. Cloudflare acts as a CDN, a firewall and also a performance layer for websites as well as protecting our websites from attacks. They respond to our needs quickly and it's relatively insexpensive

CONS

The customer support could be a bit better.

Reasons for switching to Cloudflare

We made the switch as we were increasing our content and number of websites. Cloudflare had the best deal.

Nathan

Reviewed August 2023

Good for all companies sizes!

Really good! Free tier is unbelievable good!

PROS

Their free plan is unbelievable good, I didn’t need to pay for anything for almost 2 years and I just paid some features because was extra but all the essential is free

CONS

Nameservers need to be moved to Cloudflare

Reasons for switching to Cloudflare

Cloudflare has a really good free tier and I heard so good about it

Nadish

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

One of the best website security and CDN service

Well it's along story, I found CloudFlare while I was searching for Free CDN service for website. I was analyzing one of my website through GTMetrix and found one recommendation to use CDN. I knew that CDN is a costly service, atleast at costly as my monthly hosting service, so I searched for Free CDN service and luckily found CloudFlare. I explored it on my own and slowly and gradually I got total command on CloudFlare. Now I integrate each of my website's website with CloudFlare in order to hide the nameservers + adding security and preventing from DDoS attacks hence enhancing loading speed and overall performance of my website.

PROS

Who doesn't love to have something as wonderful as CloudFlare for FREE? To be honest, I'm using CloudFlare since more than 3 years now and still using the free version because it covers all my CDN and website security needs. :) The other thing that I cannot ignore or even miss is the Free SSL by cloudflare for 15 years, isn't it amazing? :) I know that there're other free SSL services available on internet also, but I totally trust on CloudFlare so I always use free SSL by CloudFlare. It's really easy to install and has multiple options for the encryption like flexible, full and full restrict. And at last but not least, how can I forget or ignore the Speed Optimization features of CloudFlare :) The auto minify feature for JavaScript, CSS and HTML can be switched on or off independently so that you can never break your website. And the options like Brotli, Optimized Delivery and Rocket Loader is like cherry on top of the cake. :)

CONS

Well, nothing. I'm truly satisfied with the results, so there's nothing that I can say that I like least about CloudFlare.

Pedro

Reviewed August 2021

great resource for website security

I actually use the tool on my websites, and since I set it up on my domains, I haven't had any problems with proxies or firewalls or anything like that. Mus sites are working perfectly and all with SSL up to date and secure. And until today I haven't had to pay for a plan, however... it's something I'm thinking about doing out of reciprocity and to increase my resources. The fast acting ability of cloudflare is very good. Quality of this tool in providing great usability features for me has made me feel secure in relation to my sites.

PROS

I've seen fast tools in my life, but cloudflare is to be congratulated, after I changed the old DNS of my sites to Cloudflare, I didn't have any more problems with my sites crashing, they were always down. I receive constant messages to improve my sites, in case of attacks I can activate an extra java script security against hackers and other network invaders. And the sites were much faster to access. I don't pay anything to use the tool and I still have exclusive resources to analyze my domains. Like for example analyzing the size of the traffic I am developing.

CONS

I have no cons to mention here, just an addendum, about support, if you need help, you will only have questions already asked by other people and answered by cloudflare. However, if you really need to talk to an expert, it is no longer possible with a free plan. At least I never did. But that's no reason to attack the company and tool, it's more than useful to be able to use it for free. So, for the rest I have nothing to complain about the tool. It's amazing.

muhammad

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Great for CDN but some hicups

Its an inexpensive CDN and free SSL in our experience for small website. If you have larger sites and busy traffics, you have to upgrade to paid options in cloudflare or it wont work for you.

PROS

Free tier is enough for most users' usage. Free SSL's and Free CDN. Not much option is available in the market for services they offer at no cost.

CONS

We found it unstable alot of times, If you are using the SSL, site will display errors more frequently. We were using 2 major clients with lots of traffic and we started to experience more downtimes and cache issues, changes you make wont appear instantly for for many hours based on users locations and you have to manually purge it from cloudflare interface. Ever since switched back the nameservers from Cloudflare back to orignal, most of the issues are gone.

Pricing and free tier

Reasons for switching to Cloudflare

Pricing and also no more issues

Abel

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great for website owners

Wouldn't switch to any other service for now, it works well for us.

PROS

Without Cloudflare's free services running on all our sites, we'd probably have to pay more for webhosting and spend tons protecting and preventing our sites from spam/bot traffic. Since we run many content sites and have added them to cloudflare, not only have we managed to halve our hosting bill but we've also managed to speed up our sites in the process as well all while using the free plan that has almost everything you need. The free CLOUDFLARE SSL too means we don't have to pay for that. Cloudflare also has one of the fastest DNS propagation on the internet, unlike other providers who'd instruct you to wait 24 hours for full propagation all over the internet, with Cloudflare it's finished in minutes, not more than 2 hours in the worst case scenario. I also like that you can setup unlimited sites on the free plan, we currently have 10 websites on Cloudflare and its great. The AlwaysOnline technology too is good as it makes your website appear online even when your hosting server is done, great when you have a static site. Caching and seriously many other features that makes it a fantastic idea to jump on.

CONS

While most of the basic features are available for free users, the real paid features are $20 a month per site, not much when you have one or two sites but when you're hitting the 10th mark, take a toll on the wallet.

Reviewed October 2023

A best option for distrusting and protecting our sites

PROS

It has a friend UI that all my team can easily to work on. It has a great WAF, security level to protect our site against DDoS. Also, provide lots of rules for us to customize all things and fit with our websites like controlling how to cache and how request is handled.

CONS

It has its own DDoS technology that can detect attacks quickly without manual actions.

Romaric

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Cloudflare

Cloudflare is a super fast CDN provider which provides an accurate web speed-boosting experience ( especially with the pro versions)---I highly recommend trying it if you aren't using it yet.

PROS

Cloudflare is my #1 CDN provider. Apart from just using the free CDN services, it also serves as an SSL provider for nearly every website I host on VPS. I prefer Cloudflare because it's easy to manage and it's almost free.The "full (strict) encryption" feature is my favorite since it requires no extra plugins to become effective.The Cloudflare CDN services improve all my websites' performance by reducing the number of requests that are made on my servers (distances) and this gives a horsepower speed boost to my websites.

CONS

The "attackers mode" feature doesn't work properly on several versions of Nginx (especially the updated versions)...I can't explain why but, Each I have this feature activated all I get is a WordPress HTTP error message and I kinda think this feature is not just compatible with the SSL solutions or maybe some plugin conflicts.

mohamed