• icon"It has completely changed the way we run our studio. We love it AND even better, our dance families love it."
  • icon"The help section though is great, with breakdown for handling with great detail."
  • icon"Basic, simple, relatively easy-to-use. Not difficult to set up."
  • icon"Especially since my upgrade I was forced to learn a lot more."
  • icon"There is a large space between town and state. Also, last time we printed labels for the entire studio, we were missing half the pages (E & F, M-O, S-T, V-W)."

All CompuDance Reviews

Delicia Monet

I have used Compudance since 2002 and it has always been extremely useful in helping me organize

Pros

The online application for virtually everything! Awesome customer support. Options for having multiple schools all in one data base.

Cons

I miss having the expense record options. It made tax season so much easier and help to keep up with vendors and monthly spending.

Abby

Industry: Fine Art

Easy to navigate

I have had an excellent experience with CompuDance. They are very quick to respond with any problems or questions.

Pros

Easy to navigate and learn new features

Cons

Just need to have a way of tracking each payment entered - maybe with a Full Check amount box and then disperse the check how needed. If any leftover it automatically becomes a credit. That would be amazing!

Reasons for choosing CompuDance

I had the old desktop version of CompuDance and I just truly felt like they were more than accommodating on the switch to online services.

We find it frustrating to use this. Lots of little things that don't make sense or work when needed.

It does what we need, but the process of getting those needs met is challenging at best. In speaking with other studio owners it seems there are other programs that are much simpler and offer more than Compudance, and we do plan to look into them.

Pros

The customer service is excellent - we always get a quick response with answers to our questions. The Help area is usually helpful as well. It's nice that you offer mass texting, and we look forward to trying it, as we often have issues with our email provider. Aside from that... we spend a lot of time complaining about it.

Cons

Nothing is intuitive or easy to do/figure out. I notice lots of typos in various areas, which is just a reflection of the attention to detail. The fact that EVERYTHING needed to be recreated from scratch (versus imported) when you upgraded to the current version is unbelievable, and caused a ridiculous amount of work/frustration. It's also hard to believe this is a new version. It looks and feels very clunky and dated. And is there a mobile version? If not, there should be. Not that we'd attempt to use it given how challenging the desktop version is. We've noted a number of issues via customer services channels, but some things that would make a nice addition would be adding phone and/or email info to the billing areas as we often need to see balance detail and then get in touch with a family. We now have to go to "Student" to get their contact info, write it down, and go back to "Billing" to get the info we need to communicate. Was told we could open a separate tab and have two tabs of Compudance running, but this seems unnecessary. Reports are not easy or obvious. Creating groups is not easy. Honestly, nothing is easy - and it should be. Deposits are impossible to find and make logging payments very confusing - no matter which view you use (and why are there two to begin with?)

Response from CompuDance

Hello Cosmetics Company, I am not sure why you did not post all your Info name company??. We do not know who you are. I am sorry to say that your company is not in our database, as we do not service company like yours.Thank you.

Replied May 2018

Studio Software

I have solved my need for monthly billing with the integration of payment processors to handle all ACH and Credit Card payments. The software also allows and keeps track of advanced payments on deposit. There Online Parent Portal gives each costumer (guardians) the ability to update all account information, make any and additional payments directly from their own Personal Portal, add individual dance classes each semester as needed. Numerous other option included for handling communication with all clients on an individual or group basis. I could not handle our business so efficiently without the Compu Dance software.

Pros

First and for most the costumer service team is amazing. Their software is complete with all tools needed to run our studio with precision for over 16 years. They are constantly adding addition features based on customer recommendations and feedback.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like about this software.

Response from CompuDance

Thanks so much, Dave! We love being able to help you run and grow your business. We appreciate you!

Replied July 2019

Ashlee

Industry: Performing Arts

Each update is better and better

Pros

The best part of CompuDance is the customer service. My calls or e-mails are answered promptly and the staff is helpful. I like that new updates are becoming available with helpful features. My favorite recent update is the entire ledger on a family account

Cons

I would like to see the pricing matrix work with our family discounts and be able to calculate the discount for students on the same account. It would also be helpful if when I typed something in the search bar if I typed part of the word it would come up. For example billing category "competitions/conventions - hollywood vibe" I could just type Hollywood Vibe...

Response from CompuDance

Hi Ashlee Thank you for your review! We have recently added more flexibility in calculating tuition and we should be able to accommodate your tuition schedule. If you email your fee schedule over to us we can take a look and get back to you. Thank you for being a loyal CompuDance customer!

Replied April 2018

Erin

Would recommend CompuDance 1000%

We just added the Parent & Teacher apps. We are hoping to launch them next week but have already been playing around with them and I think our parents will be SO SO happy!

Pros

They really listen to feedback and strive to give their customers what they are asking for. Made several changes over the last year+ that has vastly improved the efficiency of the program. Online help manual is very descriptive and useful but if you have to call/email in they respond quickly!

Cons

I didn't like the billing set up and no way to track refunds but they added quick billing links to the Student list and now track refunds. I found the software quite easy to use when using with their online help manual but have found it difficult to teach to new admins.

September 2016

Jillian's School of Dance

Been using this software since infancy over 12 years. The latest and greatest version is very robust and consistent. I love the family/parent portal so individuals have 24/7 access to their information and payment ability. So many features it is hard to utilize them all but sure I will eventually. CompuDance is always taking advice from its customers adding better and new functionality to the software. I, as a small business owner, understand the value of costumer service and support. I rate CompuDance and their employees an A+ in customer service.

Pros

Auto Billing, Email functions, Online Registration and class selection, Recital organization portal with costume Auto Sizing, and to many others to count.

Cons

Long learning curve especially for those without good computer knowledge.

Carolyn

Industry: Performing Arts

Where customer concerns and questions are top priority

Pros

Compudance provides the tools to manage my dance school from billings to sending out birthday emails.I've been using Compudance for more than 20 years - and managed with the help from Maureen, the owner and her team to move to the on-line program. In a word or two I would say Compudance is about 'customer service and committment to the customer'. They even provided me with affordable on-site training! I highly recommend Compudance!

Cons

I have suggested that the school contact info be automatic in the emails - I'm pretty sure Maureen, the owner will make it happen. This feature will save some time.

Jeanine

Customer service is wonderful, they are very patient as you learn how their system works.

Saving lots of time in my billing each month, once I learned how to do the basics, I have saved a ton of time doing my books from when I did my paper billing.

Pros

It has made billing so much easier than before. The classes are easy to set up and get to to view. There are lots of reports that can be run and teachers can access it to take roll etc... The staff is very patient with questions and concerns and are quick to help me when I have questions or problems with accounts etc... I would say customer service is my favorite thing about switching to the on line version of Compudance.

Cons

It's rather complicated to learn at first, it just takes a lot of time because it can do so much. I don't like that it is so different from their desktop version, I wish they were more similar. I miss some features of the desk top version. I would prefer to be able to bill the family by family instead of having to bill each sibling separately.

Fantastic!

organization!

Pros

There are a lot of features and customer support is responsive and very helpful. I appreciate the constant updates, adding new features and updating functionality.

Cons

I wish invoicing was a little easier, I could be partly my approach but I am sure there are other studios that invoice the same way I do.

We have all of our dance studio functions in Compudance, including billing and recital planning

Helps our business run more efficiently.

Pros

Easy to learn, accepts online payments, recital planning features are great. The student database tracks everything we need. The parent portal allows parents to pay online. That is a cost savingt us in terms of personnel.

Cons

Sometimes it takes 3 steps to perform one function. Changing an email adress has to happen on a few different screens, instead of one. That is frustrating. Making a student inactive doesn't automatically drop them from their classes. That sort of thing is time consuming. There are multiple steps to add billing categories and prices - it should all be on one screen.

Lynn

So many features to make handling day to day tasks easy!

Pros

I love using Compudance to manage the studio. It is very user friendly, so easy to navigate and I can search quickly to get access to all types of information in the system. Clients love being able to get fast answers to their billing questions and with Compudance I can be efficient in doing that. Sending out emails to students, classes and groups, scheduling classes, privates and brush-ups and keeping up with student attendance are only a few of the many tasks that I can take care of quickly and efficiently. It's so great to have everything at my fingertips.

Debra

Industry: Fine Art

A bit hard to learn... but once you understand it, the system does everything needed

Billing system is Sooooooooo much better than our old system. Easy to track past due accounts. Easy to email short notices off to the entire school. Easy to bill. Customer service is fast and helpful.

Pros

Brings things over to excel, so that we can sort anyway we like. Emails to all students in one click of a button. Billing is easy.

Cons

A little hard to maneuver around. Not easy to teach new users. When problems arise, the software team is wonderful, but they work east coast time and we are on the west coast -- and because this is a dance school - our hours don't even start until they have gone home for the day.

Kathryn

The overall product is good but there are a few kinks to work out

Pros

Fairly easy to use . easy to add classes and students. Several improvements have been made to make invoicing easier.

Cons

Not so easy to navigate between a students info. classes, and billing. Payments entered don't always save. difficult to get a callback from customer service.

Response from CompuDance

Hi Kathryn, We are committed to excellent customer service and always return phone calls in a timely manner. I see we recently returned your call and left a message for you. Perhaps you did not receive our message. I will have a tech reach out to you right away to help with whatever you need. Thanks for your feedback!

Replied March 2018