All Jackrabbit Dance Reviews

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed December 2020

Just What We Needed!

Reviewed October 2018

Satisfied but could be more.

We love this for customer interaction and management. Bill pay is easy and straight forward. This falls short of being a total studio solution in my opinion however. Feel free to reach out to me for more ideas, I would even be interested in long term product development if you want.

PROS

I love how many options there are for reports and options within the report.

CONS

I would love for this software to have better inventory management and store management features. Also, hour tacking/employee scheduling is a little bit lacking. I have been using Homebase for hour tracking. Would be nice to us JR but the software is lacking.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! We¿re thrilled that you love the reporting functions. We hope you continue to get value from all of our features as your business grows. Please send us your ideas through the "send idea" button in your portal, we'd love to hear from you.

Replied December 2018

Debbie

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

The best software for customer support

I am so happy that I acquired the Jackrabbit software for my dance studio. Enrollment, taking payments, tracking staff payroll, attendance and so many other features, have saved me valuable time. My office staff can now handle things much more confidently without me which means I can put my attention to my students. My studio is more profitable, my records more accurate and very importantly, I can access this information from any computer or my phone!

PROS

Changing software is always difficult and usually intimidating. The most important feature is good customer support! From the very beginning, the support team has made me feel at ease and confident. When I have a question, there are several ways to get an answer in Jackrabbit. I appreciate being able to get help in depth and sometimes very quickly. This also gives me confidence to keep applying more of the features to my business.

CONS

The discounts that I offer seem to pose a problem for JR. I have had differing opinions from support members as to how to handle this. I still have to put more manual hours in posting tuition than I would like. I also wish that the Costume Management feature was a bit more friendly. The absolute worst thing about JR is that their "per student fee" includes students from a family that are no longer current students. I wish they would let me put all past students in a lead file and not just the whole family.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Dance

I needed a software designed for my specific business that was easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

Quickbooks was not designed to handle my tuition i.e. discounts, payments, multiple family members, staff, registration, class management. I struggled with it for six years and no one else in the office could really operate it but me.

Amy

Reviewed August 2020

Jackrabbit review

Stressful. I have not gotten a full understanding of the program. I implemented it this year and each time I look at it, I tend do use the same features that I have figured out for sure. I am still unsure if certain things went through or if I did things correctly. Many things did not flow easily as the coach explained. I would not be able to do any of it without the coaching. I appreciate that it is easy for most of my families. It is just stressful for me.

PROS

It integrates well with websites another systems. It tries to address many dance world features for large dance studios/businesses.

CONS

There are so many things/drop downs/sections to click on to make one basic thing happen. It is overwhelming to use due to the variety and numerous details that are always on the screen. Some steps take 2-3 steps to accomplish. The overall look is congested with many reports, graphs, statistics and numbers that are visual all the time. It is overwhelming with so much information or steps to take to use the program. Navigating through it take help from their coaching no matter what. For artistic individuals, it is over the top business arranged with statistics and listings.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Pricing. The Studio Director charges to use their bank draft/credit card processing companies, plus the fees the company charges, plus the fees for the program. During this pandemic time, money is important and finding ways to keep the studio open and running for others is priority. This program was out of necessity at this time. I hope it ends up being a helpful tool.

Fine Art, 11-50 employees

Lots of valuable features

Overall Jackrabbit is full of features and also has amazing customer service.

PROS

Billing/payments, ease of use, and valuable features make Jackrabbit Dance a real asset.

CONS

Sometimes the feature functionality in the Performance Features doesn't meet our current needs. Each year, Jackrabbit updates its functions and adds new elements!

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

We wanted more features and more functionality. Jackrabbit offers so many more options.

Rebecca

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Jackrabbit is an effective software for Dance Studios

Customer service is top notch and second to none. I am never afraid to ask for help. Feel that at time suggestions for software updates get pushed back despite many clients asking for these changes. Overall, highly recommend the software for businesses like ours. The pros far outlays the cons.

PROS

Online registration and Parent Portal services revolutionized our business. Cut down on administrative paperwork by hundreds of hours a year.

CONS

Need a better system for drop-in class passes, quicker set up for booking private lessons in the same time slot every week but with different people, would prefer an easier method of differentiating between monthly charges and one time payment classes so that administratively we could batch fees quicker every month. Better organization of email templates. Ability for teachers to place notes on accounts that are unseen by parents while in the Staff portal.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Customer Service trumped everything. Also came recommended by another large dance studio who we are friends with. They showed us the software in action before we committed.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

At the time they did not have online registration nor a Parent Portal system.

Rachel

Fine Art, 11-50 employees

Lisa's Dance Connection

I learn the most with the live chat agents. I'm thankful for that feature. We have something odd happening every once and a while where "JTech" posts things and I cannot track which employee actually posted a charge or did something in the portal. I spoke with a live agent and she didn't understand why that was happening either.

PROS

After using DanceManager on a desktop without cloud capabilities since the 1990s, Jackrabbit is a breath of fresh air.

CONS

I want portal messages from customers as a notification or a tab on my executive dashboard. It is annoying to go to the sent emails in reports every day to check. (I know we receive emails but my email address sends all Jackrabbit automatic emails to spam because it would overwhelm my inbox.) We also were frustrated in the beginning because we bought a card reader through SafeSave and it was not Mac compatible and we are stuck with it. We are using our Chase credit card processor for in person purchases, SafeSave for online purchases (or in-person requesting to use card on file), and Square when at performances/competitions. We desperately need something to read cards and update the customer's account simultaneously. (Rather than us charging the card and entering that they paid)

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Dance

We had studio owner friends would recommended Jackrabbit and we liked talking to you at trade shows.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

We needed a cloud-based software with POS capabilities. (Our statements from Dance Manager would not put the date over 1999 - that is how old our system was!)

Joyce

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

How Jackrabbit Dance has helped.

Overall I feel it has helped our business to be more successful and helped our customers to have more payment options.

PROS

I especially like being able to see all student and family information from any where with the online system.

CONS

There is a lot to learn. I feel like we still don’t utilize all the features that are available.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

It wasn’t on online system, only a desktop version.

Lauren

JR Review

Love jackrabbit and highly recommend it to others

PROS

Everything is in one spot. Parent can log on to enroll in classes and pay.

CONS

Can be hard to find the right report Wish there were an option for private lessons

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

Not everything in one spot and parents could not pay online or register themselves.

Meghan

Easy and convenient

PROS

Integrated payments are huge for our business. It saves us hundreds of hours per year of admin work.

CONS

There’s many many features that can get overwhelming if you don’t take the time to learn them.

Integrated payments were our number 1 reason for switching

Reviewed March 2022

JackRabbit keeps all our data, slowly improving ease of use/aesthetics/reporting

Customer Service is usually great! Everyone is friendly and help as much as the software will allow!

PROS

That all our student data is in one spot. I love the Recital Module for Dance Concert show planning and show program printing. I like that you can have classes and events.

CONS

I feel like as aesthetics have been improving little by little, ease of use has not. It's really difficult to get certain reports that would be helpful from the new grids. Costume management is helpful to a point, events are a plus but a bit clunky when trying to set up/use/train someone on them. People are still hoping for more payment options (with multiple people paying). That texting requires another party and fee.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Recommended by [ Sensitive Content ]at a conference.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

I did it back around 2006 or so, so we could have all info online and do auto EFT monthly. Compudance was on CD-Rom still at the time and not sure if they would have continued.

Kim

Reviewed October 2019

Great System for class management

Customer service bar none is the best out there! They never make you feel dumb for asking questions and troubleshoot alongside you to customize the software to what your individual needs are.

PROS

The ability to have many systems all in 1 place: Student accounts, Classroom attendance, Costuming, Payroll, Recital feature... All great under 1 app. Love the mobile app feature as well.

CONS

Hard to set up.. lots of buttons. Lot of questions to set up student accounts turn off potential customers. Inability to link to outside marketing sources for lead tracking and marketing.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Customer service. I was not talked "down to" for my pricing structure.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

Compudance customer service was awful and slow. They were forcing us to use their "new" software when I had already purchased the software to use offline. Jackrabbit was a better fit for our school since we had to change to an online platform.

Heather-Ami

Fine Art, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Always Coming Back

Very good. Have been using with multiple studios for the last 5 years.

PROS

Simple, straight forward, easy to export to excel.

CONS

Price is quite high. There are sometimes TOO many features, that it is hard to know where to look for something.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Experience with using. Did not want to re-learn and have to transfer over all the info.

Needed more features. More user-friendly

Graille

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Jackrabbit Dance Review

I prefer this software over others. Easy to learn, easy to use; staff and parents happy with both sides of system.

PROS

All of the reports help with making our business run smoother. Client management is streamlined. Parent Portal is easily accessible.

CONS

I don't have anything that I like the least. It would be nice to mass archive and mass enroll students. Costume section needs improvement in order to actually place orders (if that's what the goal is).

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Because product was 100% functional and had more to offer in a complete package.Heads up, Jackrabbit clients are being poached by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his new software, ClassKid. He's also in the main Jackrabbit users Facebook group.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

Because product was not 100% functional and had a lot of problems (both)

Andrea

Reviewed March 2022

Fantastic Customer Service and Ease of Use!

Fantastic! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was especially wonderful during our roll out!

PROS

Jackrabbit has a fantastic team that were great holding our hands as we implemented Jackrabbit from scratch! Yes, we used spreadsheets and docs to manage our dance studio prior to this roll-out! The folks at Jackrabbit have been available for any question to ensure our success along the way! Our families love the ease of us, being able to easily enroll in classes, and overall user-friendliness of the software.

CONS

We have had a lot of feedback from parents wishing that they could have a calendar with classes listed by day/hour where they could click the class to see the description and then easily enroll if interested. Some are only available on certain days and this would be far easier to see than the current "list" feature currently offered.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Dance

I've used StudioDirector elsewhere and it was just too expensive for our needs here. CompuDance came a close second, but overall, we loved the customer service with Jackrabbit. We've been very happy.

Jana

Reviewed December 2022

jack rabbit review

consistent. They provide opportunity for feedback and conversation. Offer live or in-person set-up and software training so businesses can operate independently

PROS

Multiple features and ability to handle a large amount of clientele information securely

CONS

Analytic features were lacking from the previous software used - Where clients are from to create more targeted marketing. Not being able to see easily who is missing each evening without running daily reports. Some features I do to use fully due to the report or printing layout

Cost, functionality

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Dance

Provided attendance sheets for classes. At the time had a few more features specific to dance studios

Keri

Reviewed July 2016

We love Jackrabbit!

We started with Jackrabbit over 4 years ago. I was brand new to our dance studio and the system was still on a "trial" version. As a new faculty member I knew from the trial that the software was going to take us in the right direction as our studio grew more each season. In the beginning we started using the most basic features and each year we learn and add more - kindof the way our business grows. For us, the absolute most-important feature that makes us continue to stay with Jackrabbit over any other software/company/etc is the customer service. We can get help to some of our toughest (and silliest) questions so quickly via email, phone or the Jackrabbit Facebook Community. It really is above and beyond any other company we've dealt with. <3 Thank you Jackrabbit!! <3

PROS

-Customization options to suit our business as it grows -integration options into our studio website -CUSTOMER SERVICE any time we need it. (sometimes on holidays/weekends when they aren't supposed to be working!) -Options for tracking both families and staff -The new Staff Portal is great, we're excited to implement it in the new season. -We love the fact that Jackrabbit is constantly growing and improving. There's more! Lots more!

CONS

-No automatic payments from a bank account for Canadian customers (for us to pay our monthly fees to Jackrabbit) <- this is the one and only reason we've looked at other companies. As a studio that does not run on any credit cards - going to the bank to load a debit-visa type card is very time consuming. -The process to setup accepting payments for online registrations has been very time consuming (we're very-much looking forward to the day we can be done with it!)

We are so happy to hear that you have had such great experience with our customer support team! We care so much about our customers. We understand it can be overwhelming when you start a new software, but we are thrilled that you have seen your business grow. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, so please let our support team know what frustrations you are having with setting up ePayments.

Replied July 2016