• Pros

• "Easy to use, saves a to of time, great customer service!! Has all the features I need for the studio to work efficiently. "

• "I love the continued training options. I love the Facebook group so that I can hear from other customers about what works, what doesnt and upcoming upgrades, etc."

• "Easy to use and does everything I need It to do. Customer service is great and really good people to work with. I love the JR team!! "

• Cons

• "Some features can take a while to get the hang of but their customer service is quick with help."

• "Some of the help tools a vague and hard to follow. But I somehow was able to over come things and figure it out. "

• "Sometimes it feels like a long time for new features to launch. It is a bit of a learning curve at first. "

Browse Jackrabbit Dance Reviews

Satisfied but could be more.

We love this for customer interaction and management. Bill pay is easy and straight forward. This falls short of being a total studio solution in my opinion however. Feel free to reach out to me for more ideas, I would even be interested in long term product development if you want.

Pros

I love how many options there are for reports and options within the report.

Cons

I would love for this software to have better inventory management and store management features. Also, hour tacking/employee scheduling is a little bit lacking. I have been using Homebase for hour tracking. Would be nice to us JR but the software is lacking.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! We¿re thrilled that you love the reporting functions. We hope you continue to get value from all of our features as your business grows. Please send us your ideas through the "send idea" button in your portal, we'd love to hear from you.

Kim from Academy of Dance

Great System for class management

Customer service bar none is the best out there! They never make you feel dumb for asking questions and troubleshoot alongside you to customize the software to what your individual needs are.

Pros

The ability to have many systems all in 1 place: Student accounts, Classroom attendance, Costuming, Payroll, Recital feature... All great under 1 app. Love the mobile app feature as well.

Cons

Hard to set up.. lots of buttons. Lot of questions to set up student accounts turn off potential customers. Inability to link to outside marketing sources for lead tracking and marketing.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Customer service. I was not talked "down to" for my pricing structure.

KATHERINE from Wellspring/Cori Terry & Dancers

JR is super user friendly!

Pros

I love that as a young 20's person, I can very quickly figure out what I need to do. Everything is very straightforward, there's no fancy jargon, it's just easy. I love how easy it is to email a large group of people, a class, or even just one person from JR.

Cons

Because this software is so straightforward and leads you through everything, it can take a lot of clicks to get one simple thing done. I also wish there were more formatting options when it came to the reports. I think reporting is so important and beneficial but it is often something that needs to be tailored to a specific need and I feel that could be improved.

Katy from Juline School of Dance

Industry: Performing Arts

Makes managing a dance studio MUCH easier!

JackRabbit is well worth the money! It makes processing registration so much faster and easier than before. Now all of our data finally agrees...role sheets, front desk, registration forms, etc.

Pros

Online payments, parent access through the portal, electronic role for classes, ability to track payments and charges easily, combined accounts for families with more than one student, great customer support.

Cons

Reports are limited. There are a TON of reports to choose from but sometimes I can’t get exactly what I’m looking for.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

The other products didn’t work (MindBody). Once we made the switch to JackRabbit we knew we made the right decision.

Maya from StarFire Productions

Professional Ease

Great Collection tool for getting tuition.

Pros

I am so happy, my clients can log on and see their accounts without my constant emails about their account. It's always available to them.

Sahaja from Prodigy School of the Arts

Jackrabbit Class is outstanding!!!! I've been a user since 2009.

Jackrabbit helps me with online and in-person registration, scheduling, parent communication, accounts receivable, costume sizing and ordering plus a whole lot more. Overall it's a great program I'd recommend to any studio owner.

Pros

JR is ALWAYS updating the user features based on user feedback through an "idea" button on the dashboard where we can share ideas we have about functionality that we'd like to see added to their already great service. As noted before, I have been a user since 2009 and I can tell you the system is always evolving. They make me feel like my opinion matters.

Cons

Here's what could be improved: 1. Text Messaging needs to be two way. Right now text replies are sent via email which is not always convenient. (but this is true of all the top providers right now) 2. Automatic Payments are not FULLY available. You have to manually perform a group batch to charge everyone on the day you want the payment to go through. In other words, you can't just "set it and forget it". However the batch process is a simple 2 step process. (Also true of all the other top studio software) 3. Currently, there is no customer app. I am mainly interested in this for the push notification feature. This would be great for promotions and deadline reminders. However, to be fair, they do have a great customer portal which is mobile optimized so customers can access their account anytime on all their devices. (Again, non of the top software have this feature) 4. The LEADS file is limited. Currently, it's mainly a place to park your leads and inactive clients with an email feature. I'd like to see more CRM capabilities like automated drip emails etc. That being said, I have taken the time to research most of the top software and I still find JR to be the most functional and up to date. I feel this is due to the fact that they are always listening to the studio owners and updating the service to meet our needs. Keep up the GREAT WORK Jackrabbit. Love your service!!!!!

Keira from Spindrift School of Performing Arts

June 2016

The Trials and Triumphs of bringing our Performing Arts School to the 21st Century...

After 15 years as the sole office personnel in a small non profit that grew somehow from 3 personnel to over 45 I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to change. First, the updated Website. Ok, I can do that. Oh. You want a CART? To be able to register ON LINE? Wait...that means taking CREDIT CARDS? Are you mad? People have been writing checks for 20 years quite happily thank you. Oh...you LIKE signing your kids up in the middle of the night which is when you can get to it? You think everyone is like that? Pshh. Kids these days. Ok, FINE. Sparing you the details of my angst and how much research I did, after changing over everything for a big company that LOOKED like it would suit us...but didn't as a last ditch effort before utter despair, my boss's sister recommended JackRabbit. I made someone else do the transition, I couldn't bear doing it twice. My problems were not lack of computer skills, my problems were that we have developed a very boutique style business and every system to handle every diverse aspect of what we do, I built from the ground up. My data base could roll over, sit up and just about any trick. Getting JR to do all that wasn't possible BUT it is ALMOST flexible enough to do everything I need which is awesome. There are still things I could do faster the old way BUT....here is what I love about JR. They listen. ALL our businesses are totally different in the minutia but we ALL need clients, we need them to register, pay and service them. JR makes all that possible and for as many formats as possible. They are constantly adding things we ask for. I love that and it makes the pain of not being able to push a button and have all the forms I want the way I want them, bearable. I've learned to start bending around JR instead of the other way and it is a natural progression because the software is so flexible and user friendly. Change sucks. No one likes it but if you are going to do it, do it with a company that is servicing at least 75% or more of your needs, is big enough to have the resources for R&D and small enough to be agile to implement that R&D.

Pros

VERY user friendly. I'm very computer literate so it was a snap learning it but teaching it to folks NOT so literate, is easy. The BEST customer service from any company I've ever dealt with. Hands down. Constant updates, improvements and we the customers are listened to and the software changes and additions are created according to greatest need. Some of the best help documentation I've seen too. The training they offer both live and virtual is excellent.

Cons

There are features I wish it would have, like mass record updates or some more flexibility with report design but I feel like we will get those eventually. Nothing can cover every situation so just make sure if something essential is missing that you need that you have the JR folks talk you through it.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2016

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience! We know this will really help those looking for a class management software. We are always enhancing the software to make it even better - we¿d love to hear your ideas through your Idea button in your database. Thanks again!

Katelyn from Ballet Etc Studio for the Arts

JackRabbit is easy to use and assists immensely in organizing classes and students each season.

Mass emailing to our families save us time and creating email lists. Also, being able to register dancers quickly and easily is great for saving time.

Pros

We like the ease of adding students to classes as well as dropping and transferring to other classes throughout the season. Being able to email on mass is also great but we also love being able to select specifics about a group before emailing. Class creation is easy, but still detailed, and the posting of fees is simple enough. I love the Dashboard! It gives a great snapshot of the business. The email schedule feature is also fabulous.

Cons

The cost to process families credit cards through the software is outrageous! Our fees have been so high that we have been forced to stop using this feature for some of our families. Also, reports are hard to work with and from time to time fees do not post to family's accounts when they register online. It would be great to have an "add fees" button similar to the class details where we could put in a monthly fee once and then post it for multiple months by clicking one button.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that there are so many things that you love about Jackrabbit. If you work with a Jackrabbit-preferred credit card processor you have access to their meet or beat pricing promise so please reach out to them. We also base improvements on your ideas so please submit ideas through the button in your software so that we have a clear understanding of how you'd like to see Jackrabbit continue to enhance the software.

Pete from Momentum Dance Academy

Jackrabbit Review

Great service that takes care or all my needs as a dance studio.

Pros

Cons

Wish we could have more selection/options for our credit processing. This would make the rates more competitive and also we have had some issues with the only 2 options available now.

Great software for any studio operator!

I have had an amazing experience using Jackrabbit Dance in my work environment and I would recommend this software to anyone in the dance industry, running a studio or otherwise.

Pros

I helped run a dance studio and this software was great for a majority of the work we had to do. Everything from payment of dance classes and workshops to editing dance profiles and inputting measurements for recital costumes could be done just on this platform alone.

Cons

It could be a bit hard to learn where everything is at first and all of the features, so take time to play around with it and find out what you can do with it before diving in.

Keri from Vibestreet Dance

We love Jackrabbit!

We started with Jackrabbit over 4 years ago. I was brand new to our dance studio and the system was still on a "trial" version. As a new faculty member I knew from the trial that the software was going to take us in the right direction as our studio grew more each season. In the beginning we started using the most basic features and each year we learn and add more - kindof the way our business grows. For us, the absolute most-important feature that makes us continue to stay with Jackrabbit over any other software/company/etc is the customer service. We can get help to some of our toughest (and silliest) questions so quickly via email, phone or the Jackrabbit Facebook Community. It really is above and beyond any other company we've dealt with. <3 Thank you Jackrabbit!! <3

Pros

-Customization options to suit our business as it grows -integration options into our studio website -CUSTOMER SERVICE any time we need it. (sometimes on holidays/weekends when they aren't supposed to be working!) -Options for tracking both families and staff -The new Staff Portal is great, we're excited to implement it in the new season. -We love the fact that Jackrabbit is constantly growing and improving. There's more! Lots more!

Cons

-No automatic payments from a bank account for Canadian customers (for us to pay our monthly fees to Jackrabbit) <- this is the one and only reason we've looked at other companies. As a studio that does not run on any credit cards - going to the bank to load a debit-visa type card is very time consuming. -The process to setup accepting payments for online registrations has been very time consuming (we're very-much looking forward to the day we can be done with it!)

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2016

We are so happy to hear that you have had such great experience with our customer support team! We care so much about our customers. We understand it can be overwhelming when you start a new software, but we are thrilled that you have seen your business grow. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, so please let our support team know what frustrations you are having with setting up ePayments.

Christa from Creo Arts & Dance Conservatory

Industry: Fine Art

Since we began using jackrabbit, you customer retention has doubled. Jackrabbit is awesome!

We are happy to say that because the system is automated, our customers retention is higher. Families love that they can register whenever they want on line. We have also had great success with the attendance and skills page. Once the skills buttons were implemented next to the attendance our staff had a much easier time ensuring that skills were assessed in a timely manner. As the director, I also love that I get immediate updates when a family has registered. This summer those updates helped us divert several clients from attending the wrong classes.

Pros

Not only is Jackrabbit easy for our customers to use, help is always available for my staff. The Jackrabbit support team is very friendly and patient. We rarely feel like we are waiting for a response. We also love the new skills and attendance tabs. This has been a fabulous tool for us at CREO.

Cons

It can take an hour to figure out where to look for certain buttons on the back end. As we gain more students, my staff has to act more quickly. Waiting for help or searching for the correct button can be frustrating. This is especially the case when we are working on setting up skill sets.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. Please send questions you have though the Help button in your software and - of course - submit your ideas through the Send Idea button! We depend on your comments. to make improvements.

Susan from Lexington Ballet Company

A single tool to manage student database, emails, and tuition transactions is a huge time saver.

Time savings, better record keeping, better tuition collection.

Pros

Easy to manage students and families. The waivers and online forms are great. We love being able to reconcile tuition transactions and send emails using the same tool as managing student contacts. In the past, we had separate databases for each purpose.

Cons

--Taking attendance is cumbersome, instructors can't see all of their classes. This is a big struggle for our open classes where some students pay online and some in person and we need to reconcile payments with who actually showed up. Right now we are still doing this with a paper sign-in sheet since we can't get Jackrabbit attendance to work. --Managing partial payments is difficult. Half of our students pay monthly and each amount is custom due to scholarships or other adjustments. It would good to have a family field for number of payments, and then the ability to have the statement show the next payment amount that is due. It is very time consuming for us to calculate each families payment by hand and send individual notices. --Difficult to reconcile reports due to the filters. The paid fees report is good but its almost impossible t run a transaction report that give the same value. -- It would be great if event registration had an option for groups instead of families. We often have schools or community groups register for our events.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We would like to work with you to help you benefit from all of our features and we're always available to do so. We would love to help you fix some of these issues through a Checkup call, which can be scheduled through this link: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323

Liz from ALL STARS Performing Arts

July 2016

Software That Grows with Us!

As we've added new staff there has been a bit of learning curve but we are starting to feel like we are really using the software the best we can. The latest releases have really been great. We are loving the staff portal and look forward to more additions like it.

Pros

Keeps track of all the information we need for each family. Let us move inactive students to lead file. Online attendance and staff communication. Easy ways to accept payments.

Cons

Not enough flexibility in reporting. Grades don't upgrade automatically. Limited room for note taking and the notes are "hidden" in tabs that are not seen at first. Not enough flexibility with levels/skills. Having to use Dropbox for attachments.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2016

Hi, thank you for your review. To address your concerns with Jackrabbit, we are happy to share that our grade level upgrade has been enhanced. Our skills are also being added to the Staff Portal and will be released very soon. We'd love to talk to you more about the flexibility you'd like to see in reporting. Thanks for the feedback and the business!

Julie from Snap Dance Studios

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Go for it!

Snap has been utilizing JackRabbit for a few dance seasons. We have done it gradually and continue to use more and more of it's capabilities. Our experience has shown us that anytime our administrative team 'goes for it', we end up loving the software more! Online registration for our 2015/16 season has been going smoothly and customers love all the conveniences.

Pros

We have discovered that the customer convenience factor has been key. Online registration and customer portal have made parents very happy. The customer portal has been in use for a few years and we are now spending very little time answering questions because parents are now logging in more and more. Huge time saver!

Cons

We will be setting up the staff portal over the next fee months and I would love for my staff to be able to input dancer measurements through the portal. We will have to come up with a new procedure for this. Maybe it's coming?

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied June 2016

Hi Julie, thank you for your review. We are happy Jackrabbit has helped Snap and appreciate your business for all these years! Thanks for the idea for the Staff Portal - please send it in through the Idea Button in the software.

Mary from Academy of Fine Arts OK

12 years on jackrabbit and still happy!

We joined Jackrabbit Dance in September of 2005 and are still completely satisfied with their service! Jackrabbit Dance has changed a lot since 2005 and so have we! With all of the upgrades each year by Jackrabbit Dance, we have not had a need to look at other software to meet our needs and run our school. Love their customer service! Especially love that the manual is online and training to run the great features is easily accessible.

Pros

The customer service and the fact I can be anywhere in the world and be able to access my business information!

Cons

The only con I can think of is the charge per active student. I would rather it be a charge per active family instead. By student, we are being charged for every child in a single family.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied April 2017

We appreciate your awesome review and thank you for your loyalty for 12 years. You have seen Jackrabbit grow up! There's no doubt that you have great ideas for features or functionality in the software that would be helpful - like those you mention for running multiple programs. You're sure to know that we love hearing your ideas through the Send Idea button. So please send these along!

Barbara from Fusion Cheer and Gymnastics

A gym owner' s greatest asset

I am a co-owner of a small cheer/Dance/gymnastics gym 150-190 students depending on season. I am mostly the business side of the gym. I have a business/accounting degree. Before Jackrabbit we were keeping track of our payments on a gymnastics specific software(extremely old) program. This was not an online system and could only be accessed from my desktop computer. We took credit card payments thru QuickBooks. It was extremely time consuming to transfer information, payments and to invoice via mail. I researched both I class pro and jackrabbit extensively. I found that Iclass pro purchased the company that created the software I had been using. For our company Jackrabbit was the best fit. I was a little apprehensive about getting started but working with the support staff made the transition much easier. I attended a class after about 6 months of using it and that helped me to utilize even more of the facets of this great software. I got ideas from other users that I could take back and use. When we first announced that our clientele could pay on line the response was mixed. I knew it would be easier for me but had hoped this would be a valuable tool for families as well. We are starting in our third year and most cheer families are totally invested while 50 % of the gymnastics side still pay by check or cash. We do not force them to the online pay as we want them to be comfortable about the process. We are located in a rural area and there are several families that do not have internet. A few of my favorite features are on line statement and email capability. We have 3 separate components to our gym so it makes it easy to contact one without contacting the others. I do not invoice a family unless they are late. With Jackrabbit I have had to send very few invoices as our outstanding accounts receivables have gone way down. Our cheer side ( they have 2 accounts each) was generally my problem group. Since we've gone to online pay capability our receivables have become very manageable. 98% of my cheer families pay on line which helps tremendously. We have just finished our cheer season and out of 68 cheerleaders only one family has an outstanding balance. Best cheer season in the 20 years. If you are looking for a product to make life easier and your business more productive and manageable this product is it.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We try every day to make sure our software gets better and better so it helps you even more!

Trichia from La Danse Workshop

Industry: Fine Art

It's been great but wish the credit card fees were less.

It has made inputting of customer info much easier. Now they can do this on their own.

Pros

Once we figured how to integrate our system we were using into Jackrabbit, things went smooth. I LOVE the recital feature, event feature, families registering online.

Cons

I feel since I've started using Jackrabbit, I've lost a significant amount of money. I feel it's through accepting credit cards virtually. Fees can be over $6000.00 a year. If just accepting checks there would be no fees or very minimal ones. In having a business in NY, the taxes are already out of control and with additional 3rd party fees, processing fees, percentages, surcharges, and "other" fees it just makes it hard to even pay yourself as well as employees. Possibly someone has an idea of how to fix this ongoing struggle?

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

Jackie from N-STEP Dance Center

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Jackrabbit review - N-STEP Dance Center

As I have discussed with many individuals there, I feel that the software is almost too much for the average user. The interface has a "developer" feel, v.s. a "user" feel. Sometimes less is more. Some of the steps that we have to go through are repetitive. For example, on the payment screen, when recording a payment, you need to select a SubType. This forces us to either record the payment split into the correct subtypes, or record it a 1 subtype. In either scenario, it creates more work for us to ensure that our record keeping is accurate.

Pros

Best software that I have used to support multiple different tuition schedules Time clock for employees

Cons

Not user friendly to start significant learning curve Multiple steps to perform 1 action

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - We're happy that you have had success with several features in Jackrabbit but would be even happier if we can help you with the areas where you're finding challenges. We will reach back out to you to work on these areas and to help you to benefit from more areas of your software.

Lindsey from Joy of Dance

Great program!

Jackrabbit has really help me streamline my business. I was wasting hours collecting money and answering emails with questions parents can now find for themselves. In the beginning, it was harder to transfer for year to year however. For instance, I didn't know ahead of time the second year that you could delete the old costume measurements for us until we had already begun importing new ones. Last year was the first year I used the skills tab, so I had the same issue there as well. It would really help if there was some kind of end of year checklist to clear out the old and get ready for the new.

Pros

Billing and automatic payments are the best.

Cons

Not knowing how to use it to its fullest potential. I am never able to make a conference when it comes around as I am usually teaching.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - We're thrilled that you're thrilled! We hope that you continue to see new benefits and use a greater percentage of the software from year to year. Please send the items you mention in 'Advice to Buyers' via the Send Idea button so that they are reviewed by our product road map team as future development is planned. Thank you!

Tiffany from Releve Performing Arts Center

We love Jackrabbit. We recently started to use the recital management feature & costume mangement.

Pros

Jackrabbit is easy to use! We really like the costume management feature and the costume management feature. We also like the the time clock. We would like to start using the Events feature in the near future

Cons

The parent portal and they way the account payments are linked in the account summary. Our parents don't use the portal much because they say it is hard to understand. We spend a lot of time trying to explain.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

Perfect timing! We will be releasing our new Parent Portal in the next couple months. This will be mobile friendly and much easier to use, the look and feel is much more modern. The function of linking payments and fees will be the same but hopefully it will be easier to understand in the new Parent Portal. It looks like your parents may be having trouble with some unlinked Payments/Fees, we recommend a Checkup Call help fix the issue. Here is a link to schedule your call: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323

Kyle from All Star Legacy

Function and ease of mind

I have used this software going on 5 years and I couldn't imagine running my business without it. Keeping customer accounts up to date, accessible by clients and organized is so key. Online registration and customer interface that doesn't require you to teach clients how to use is so valuable. The added value of things like online employee timeclock, attendance for members, mini Cramm, and apparel tracking/ordering lets you save $ from other things. Pricing adjusts with the size of your business. I love this software

Pros

Online registration and employee timeclock

Cons

I wish that autopay ran automatically with zero interaction without me having to click "go" once a month.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - We appreciate you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We hope you continue to find new amazing ways Jackrabbit helps you.

Jessica from Panorama School of Dance

The system has saved us time and money, I love how they actually apply our suggestions

Time saving, reporting, convenience, ease of having parents do the work them selves,

Pros

The ease of finding information, charging our families with a click of a button and the recital module. Also the store is very handy to have linked to your families accounts.

Cons

They need to concentrate on the Canadians way of doing things more our taxes need to be worked in better. The store is great but I have suggestions to make it more user friendly with inventory and purchase orders. The fees as a Canadian using credit cards is insanely high.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

We appreciate your positive comments and are thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We understand the challenge with tax rates, and with the credit card fees, we recommend reaching out to SafeSave to ensure you are receiving the lowest rate. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

Anna from Move Out Loud

Plenty of features, somewhat confusing

Pros

This software has a ton of useful features and options. Processing payments and refunds is easy. The menu filters are very helpful.

Cons

The reports are very confusing to the point where I feel like I can't get them to work for me. There was a major glitch this spring with costume balances that caused me a huge headache. Customers can only see their last 20 transactions.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

We appreciate your review and we are happy that you have success with many Jackrabbit features. We also understand that there are some areas that you would love to see changes and improvement. There are also some areas where you may need help. We provide the Send Ideas button in your software to give you a direct way to communicate your ideas with our product planners. We also provide a Help button that gives you access to every resource Jackrabbit provides to help you - including talking to a Support Team member. Please use these tools so we can help you get more from your software investment.

Kim from Lifesong Studio

Industry: Fine Art

Great customer service and user friendly!

Pros

They are always updating their software and even take suggestions on what they can offer that we as customers would like. They also respond to their customer service tickets in great time and always answer my questions.

Cons

At this time, jackrabbit does not offer a billing feature for us that we need however an employee said she would submit it to the team for review to be able to add it in the future.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied November 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kim. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we agree, our Client Services team is truly dedicated to our users! As you mentioned, our updates are coming more frequently and are based on your feedback, including the billing option you requested! We hope you've taken advantage of our Ideal Portal, too - you can submit all of your ideas and even up-vote the ideas of other Jackrabbit users! We love hearing from you!

Jeanne from Carolyn Dutra Dance Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

Compared to the last system we used, this has more functions.

MAKES MY JOB EASIER AND MAKES THE CUSTOMERS REALIZE IT.

Pros

I like it because we no longer have to manually generate statements each month. I like being able to look at the transactions and how each payment was applied.

Cons

I never had to removed a monthly tuition fee because someone paid in advance of the next month to be billed. Each time I forget to remove this fee, I get a complaint that the customer was duplicate billed for the new month. I wish this problem could be addressed.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

Thank you for your endorsement of Jackrabbit! We're excited that you are getting value from using our software. We're always listening and seeking out ways to help you even more. We wish you continued success and would love to help you solve some of your issues through a Checkup Call, which can be scheduled through this link: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323

Erica from Platinum Dance Center

Jackrabbit does everything you need it to do to run a successful dance studio!

Pros

I love that the software can really do just about anything - it just takes time setting it up and training staff.

Cons

Each "module" only goes so far. There is so much the Recital Module should do and it doesn't. Same with Staff Portal. Sometimes it won't allow a simple thing, such as emailing an archived class (we want to do that all the time). It's also very expensive now compared to the new softwares on the market.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

We appreciate your review and we are happy that you have success with many Jackrabbit features. We also understand that there are some areas that you would love to see tweaked and enhanced. We provide an easy way for you to tell us everything you're thinking - it's through the Send Ideas button in the software. Please use it to get your ideas officially into the database that our product planning team reviews regularly. We're always looking for ways to improve.

Alison from ALICATS Dance & More

June 2016

Jackrabbit member since 2008 and LOVE IT!

I have been with Jackrabbit since 2008 and have been very happy. I love that they are constantly updating their system based on our feedback. Many suggestions I have made have been updated. My favorite thing is auto pay! They also have an awesome new staff portal which will make payroll so much easier as well as attendance. It is pretty easy to figure out by just playing with it, however their customer service is wonderful! Any time I can't figure something out I can chat online with a service representative, or email in a question. I always recommend Jackrabbit to anyone I talk to about studio software! They also have training sessions periodically through out the year that are very helpful to new users, and I even learn a few things after being with them for so long.

Pros

Ease of use, Customer service, auto pay, recital module, staff portal, training videos, online registration.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2016

We are so happy to see what Jackrabbit has done for your business! Thank you!!

Corin from Cary Ballet Conservatory

Industry: Fine Art

Great Software for Dance Studios!

I have saved lots of time and stress when it comes to collecting tuition by using Jackrabbit; it allows me to easily post fees, run tuition, and see numbers on a report. I love their staff and how helpful they are when you don't understand something or need explanation.

Pros

I love that you can set favorites to remember your settings when doing things like running reports, posting tuition, etc. I love that if there is something Jackrabbit currently isn't doing or doesn't have, you can suggest it in their idea portal; they are very open to suggestions and providing feedback.

Cons

I don't like that you can't set up a class to meet multiple days, at different times. I also think that there should be an easier way to see what a parent sees in the parent portal.

Julia from 4 Star Gymnastics

Our staff loves Jackrabbit!

We have had nothing but good experiences with Jackrabbit. The customer service team is helpful and they take all the ideas they can get from their customers. There are so many features and I am so thankful this has made running our gymnastics school so much smoother!! Online enrollment is where it is at for us

Pros

Ease of event enrollment

Cons

I wish the recital features were a little easier and that it was a little easier to get links for separate events...maybe an auto generate

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied April 2017

We appreciate your review and we're thrilled that you love Jackrabbit! You're taking advantage of one of our most awesome features in online enrollment and we're glad you use the recital feature. As you know, we listen to what users say, so please hang in there and you may see some helpful recital feature enhancements. We hope you continue to have success with your gym and with using Jackrabbit to operate and grow it.

Jennifer from Alpha Omega Gymnastics and Dance (aka Athletic and Performing Arts Ctr)

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

It has helped us streamline in a big way.

Streamlining our 2 companies that merged plus the training software as well as the broad use of the product

Pros

Cons

I HATE that it does not yell at me more when I scan someone in that has a balance. I wish the box would turn red! It would help my collections rate big time.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It's our hope that you always find value in our features and functionality. We're always listening and seeking out ways to help you continue your success. Great idea to have the option of showing a balance in RED. I have added this to our Enhancement list for consideration.

Adrianna from SoZo Dance Academy

Industry: Performing Arts

We use the software to manage our dance studio and have 80-100 families.

Easy management of files.

Pros

We love the email features! So many templates and options. Another feature we love is the parent portal! So easy to bill accounts and allow parents to pay. It allows the money to go through less hands.

Cons

The search feature is very specific and if you don't remember exactly how the class is titled, it won't pull up.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

We appreciate your review and we are happy that you have success with so many Jackrabbit features. We also understand that there are some areas that you would love to see tweaked and enhanced. That is exactly why we provide a way (through the Send Ideas button) in the software for you to share your thoughts with us. Please share your ideas about the search feature! We're always looking for ways to improve.

Kristy from Premier Gymnastics Academy

Jackrabbit is the best.

I have been using Jackrabbit since 2012. They are constantly updating and making changes for the better. The customer support is great. Since using Jackrabbit my office is way more simplified. They allow you to post classes for online registration and take payments out automatically. I would highly recommend this program to anyone needing client management.

Pros

Drafts Reports

Cons

It doesn't prorate tuition automatically when kids enroll mid month.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! We hope you continue to enjoy working with tech support when you have questions and using the software more powerfully with each enhancement. Please look for prorating! It's coming!

Terilynne from Dance Davidson

Industry: Performing Arts

Best business decision I ever made!

Communication with the parents, students and staff is so much easier and quicker with Jackrabbit. Also, billing with Jackrabbit has changed our lives here in the office. I wish I wouldn't have waited as long as I did to switch to Jackrabbit!

Pros

The time and energy it saved me in the office. I now have more time to do the things I enjoy like teach and choreograph.

Cons

It takes a little time to learn all the options that Jackrabbit has to offer, but I promise IT IS WORTH IT!!

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your help in spreading the good word about Jackrabbit, Terilynne! We love it when our clients get great value from using our software and we hope that you continue to thrive and benefit from your Jackrabbit experience.

Kat from Destination Dance and Cheer

User Friendly Software

I started using Jackrabbit about 4-5yrs ago and little did I know at the time at I would end up running the company for the owner. It was so easy to learn all the different features and they're constantly updating with improvements with step by step explanations of the new features. Updates don't ecer effect you using the software and Tech support is amazing!

Pros

How easy it is to use and they're constantly improving the software.

Cons

Haven't honestly found one yet.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Beverly from Dancing Unlimited

Jackrabbit-Dancing Unlimited

Wonderful software- I've been using for three years- never had a problem with support and my customers love the ease and flexibility it provides- no more chasing someone down for a payment!!! It's the best!!! Keeps me organized with a click of a button - it's wonderful to be able to access anywhere- long car rides are never downtime anymore!

Pros

Easy to use and understand

Cons

Honestly there are no cons for me!

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We try everyday to make sure our software gets better and better so it helps you even more!

Pete from Momentum

Jackrabbit Software

Love the service and the people!!

Pros

Cons

Sometimes some items can be hard to customize to our liking so we have to modify when we need info or reports. But JR is always listening to our ideas.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for your endorsement of Jackrabbit! We¿re excited that you are getting value from using our software. As you mentioned, we¿re always listening and seeking out ways to help you even more, so don't be afraid to use that "send idea" button! We wish you continued success.

For studio owners/staff, you need it. NEED.

Pros

Jackrabbit is really the first and only thing you need to run a dance studio. I cannot say enough what a boon it was to the industry when it first came on the scene. It's amazing, it does EVERYTHING you could possibly need it to do, the company is incredibly supportive and holds continuing education to get the most out of it, and it's highly cost effective given the range of functionality. You don't need anything else if you have it, which is amazing--especially for an industry that is often miles behind others when it comes to technology.

Cons

Nothing. Seriously. Anything wrong with it would just be nitpicking, and given what I wrote about its positive side, it's simply not worth nitpicking such a vital and amazing product with such a great team attached to it.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

We appreciate your positive comments and we're thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

Tracy from Just Jymnastics

Jackrabbit Review from Just

Any questions or suggestions we have are always addressed/corrected in a very timely manner. Great customer service!!

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and customer service to tell me where to look or offer suggestions.

Cons

Things I think of are too extensive.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied April 2017

Thank you for your review! We're happy that you have had great experiences with customer service. We strive for excellence! We continuously improve our software and hope that our enhancements will address the areas where you may find challenges. Please let us know your ideas through the Send Idea button in your software. We love hearing from you!

Shavaun from Genesis Performing Arts School

Jackrabbit review from Genesis Performing Arts School

I looked at Jackrabbit 3 times before I actually took the plunge and abandoned it each time because I couldn't figure it out. The learning curve is pretty steep but the jump start class helped tremendously.

Pros

All of my family and transaction information is in one place.

Cons

I can't copy and paste pictures into the emails. And I haven't found a way to easily delete more than one transaction at a time from the transaction page.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2016

Hi - we are glad you took the plunge and are on board with Jackrabbit. We are happy the Jumpstart Coach helped you and have a lot of other options for helping you become an even powerful user. We can add photos into emails - just ask support and they can help you out. We'd also like to take a look at your transaction page and offer tips on how to handle deleting them in groups. Thank you!

Carrie from Ruckus Dance Alliance

Industry: Performing Arts

After trying two other programs and the pencil/paper method, Jackrabbit is a huge time saver!

Having all of my data in one place, organized, and archived is priceless!

Pros

It does so many things, and I'm still discovering ways to utilize it. The search capabilities are fantastic.

Cons

Sometimes I look for a report that I think I want to run and I can't always find it. That could entirely be user error though!

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

Terrie from Techniques in Motion School of Fance

Industry: Performing Arts

Best decision for my business ever!!

Great data base for customer information!!

Pros

Ease of use and customer service!! All customer information in one spot. Ability to offer online registration and pay.

Cons

Would prefer it to be able to automatically post a set processing fee when clients use cc online to pay.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied October 2018

We¿re thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit, and we appreciate your positive comments. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

Jay from DeNoyer Dance Studio

Love Jack Rabbit

My overall experience has been great but then again we came from all manual procedures.

Pros

Makes registration,tuition, and taking payments a breeze

Cons

There is really nothing that I don't like! Every time we find something that will make the software better we submit our ideas!

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied December 2018

We appreciate your positive comments and we¿re thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

Lari from Citadel Dance & Music Center

I love having everything in one place. This is the only way I am able to keep up!

Pros

Again, I love that everything can be done in one place. I use the sign in and out sheets daily. I use the email families once a week during concert season to keep families up to date on schedules etc... I use the class enrollment daily. This system truly keeps me organized on a daily basis.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! We hope you have many more years of success in unleashing Jackrabbit's power for your center.

Lisa from Webby Dance Co.

App please

Pros

It is easy to take roll for my dance classes.

Cons

In the phone version, I can't see the full list of my students unless the class is that same day. Also I wish it were an actual app and would save login info.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It¿s our hope that you always find value in our features and functionality. We¿re always listening and seeking out ways to help you continue your success, our customer support team would love to assist with any issue you may be experiencing.

Terrie from Techniques in Motion School of Dance

Love Jackrabbit!

Been a JR customer since 2010 and have loved it from day one! Customer service is the best! The program offers so many valuable features that are beneficial to my business.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Na

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! We hope you have many more years of success in unleashing Jackrabbit's power for your studio. Please send the item you mention in 'Advice to Buyers' via the Send Idea button.

Jenna from Tiny Dancers

Great user software

Pros

The customer support is great--you can suggest modifications or upgrades, and they listen. We are able to integrate our payment processing and website with Jackrabbit easily. Registration processing is a breeze.

Cons

There are some reports that we're not able to pull that would be very helpful. There are some reports that should pull information that matches up with other reports, but sometimes they don't line up.

Alison from Alicats dance and more

Love jack rabbit!

I know they are working on updates all the time! And there are a few I can't wait to have! But I love the ones we do have!

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Waiting for the updates I want

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! It sounds like you take advantage of the Send Idea button and understand how much we depend on those comments when we create future development plans! Thank you for your patience as you await some enhancements you've requested. We hope you'll see whatever you're hoping for soon!

Alice from Cumming Dance Academy

VERY user friendly. Yearly seminars to keep you updated on new features. Great service.

Pros

Parent portal makes it super easy for parents to keep up. Very easy to train new users. Very user friendly.

Cons

I wish we could easily copy and paste pics on class emails. I know there must be an easier way to do it.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

Kate from Wellspring/Cori Terry & Dancers

A total game changer!

Jackrabbit Dance changed the game for our Dance Academy. We have doubled in size since implementing it and I really do feel that it has played a role in our growth. We are way more efficient and are able to offer a better experience to our students and their families because of it!

Pros

I think my favorite feature of Jackrabbit is the Parent Portal. It puts a lot of responsibility and power in the parents' hands which was a huge change for us. I also like the different report options available. There are so many, it is usually pretty easy to find what I need. Additionally, the online help features/tutorials are really great!

Cons

It was difficult to set up and took a while for us to learn it. Also, there are some limitations at times when we want to explore something out of the norm.