All Mindbody Reviews

Jeannie

201 - 500 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Has been great for our business

Emily

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2020

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

PROS

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

CONS

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

MindBody offers more features for Gym memberships including the ability to set up recurring memberships via ACH bank automatic withdrawal.

Chermaine

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Great business platform

PROS

Its easy to use and manage appointments and clients.

CONS

App crashes with customized app or branded app.

Melissa

MINDBODY review

PROS

MINDBODY has all the features we needed.

CONS

MINDBODY is clunky and not user friendly on the client or business end. The price is too high.

Bri

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Worst software , DO NOT recommend

Incredible waste of time, energy and money for me and clients. Unbelievably frustrating and exhausting.

PROS

Nothing, I wish I could go back in time and reverse ever using them. Over charging, no refunds, billing without consent, no receipts

CONS

Hours and days of being on hold. Endless glitches with no solution Charges for no reason with no receipt

Reason for choosing Mindbody

The sales rep was very good and extremely misleading.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Amazing customer service Excellent seamless software No hidden fees No extra charges without consent Local and relevant customer service No wait times

Sherree

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Time Saving

Very happy and less stressed with Mindbody.

PROS

I can have all the different kinds of appointments for my Mary Kay on here easily. Easy to load and navigate through it. Helps keep personal appointments seperate from my businesse.

CONS

So far I haven't found anything that I don't like or that would be a Con for users.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

So I can have a separate place for my Mary Kay customers.

Nicole

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Convenient and user friendly

I am very satisfied with using this on my phone to help keep my days all in line

PROS

being able to easily sign up for fitness classes and to see what times each day are open booking appointments for hair or a massage as well syncing this with your devices as well to keep your day in check

CONS

at this time I have not found any cons to using MindBody

Lina

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Poor service, overpriced, don’t use them

Poor, very poor. In fact how this company is handling Client cancellation is so bad I question if it is even legal.

PROS

Biggest name. Expensive with huge amount of functions one does not know what to do with.

CONS

Over Pericles, 3-3.5 times the price of competition. Poor admin support, you get everyone answering your questions without reading into any previous email exchange. Extensive function but don’t offer the most basic one like sending an automatic payment receipt (invoice) to clients. “Sorry you need to do this manually” not for $470/month, I won’t be. Impossible to cancel omg, they make you run around like crazy just for a cancellation. If you need to give 30 days notice to cancel, you will need another 30 days on top at least to get through the number of useless emails they keep sending you and the number of security questions they ask is more than a bank would.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

We chose it for the name, and size of the company, we made a huge mistake.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Cheaper. Same function. Offer basic functions which mind body does not. Branded app is still cheaper than MB price.

Julia

Reviewed October 2020

Terrible software, terrible customer service

Customer service is awful. The message always says they have an unusually high call volume, so it takes hours to solve any issues, and half the issues the techs have never heard of it, so they just punt.

PROS

The software is good at booking clients, and minding the number of sessions remaining in a package. It reminds clients of appointments.

CONS

The point of sale is a nightmare. They have NO point of sale effectively. They don't even allow an instrument as a chip reader!!! The only solution is a 3rd party instrument that costs $900, and does not fully integrate with the mindbody software. They forbid you getting a functional Credit card terminal, and have no options. This system is a constant source of grief. It double charges clients all the time, they say they are "trying" to get it to stop, meanwhile I get a dozen furious calls a week from clients who complain. The company has had an urgent fix in the works for over a year. I could go on, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Aditionally, they charge way above what I can get credit card processing for on the open market, but they forbid any competition in this arena.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

Reputation, and I spoke with a spa owner who convinced me it was superior. Sadly, she lied about a lot of the features, and when I called her after I signed up to confront her, she said they told her to lie. So, there you have it. They do not have a great product, don't know how to fix it, and refuse to get their POS up to speed or allow customers to get a different credit card processor. Overall, not a good company, not a good product. One anecdotal story: This is spa software, however it "can't" figure out how to make a couples massage. In other words, if you put that service in your online booking system, it allows customers to book a couples massage with only one therapist. They assured me prior to signing up for the software that it did indeed have the requirement to only book an appointment if 2 therapists were available, however when I discovered it did not in fact have this feature- they told me the "can't" code it to require that. I explained that they can, since everyone else in this space does, but they either don't have good coders or they don't have the will to make their software functional.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Booker had its own issues, and they could not figure out how to solve them. However, they did not have the point of sale issues as they allowed the customer to have a 3rd party vendor process credit cards.

Kelly

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Easy to Use and Looks great

It's very easy to use and quick. I open the app, my favourites are there straight away so I click on what I want and then get notifications to confirm that the bookings are in. I can also see my previous bookings and other places that are available to book into.

PROS

I just love how easy it is to use. I use Mindbody twice a week to make gym bookings and it takes me 20 seconds to do.

CONS

I haven't noticed anything that I don't like about Mindbody.

Danielle

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Mindbody App Review for Fitness and Spa Scheduling

Mindbody has been a great resource for scheduling fitness, spa appointments. It is much easier than calling the location and having to wait on hold to speak with someone.

PROS

Mindbody is a very easy app to use to schedule a variety of appointments as long as the company you are receiving services from is part of Mindbody. It is seamless to schedule as well as reschedule within the app when necessary. I manage not only my own appointments but those for my children through the app.

CONS

None at this time, the needs of the app meet my expectations.

Alicia

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Mindbody is my go-to for scheduling and managing fitness classes - it's a game changer!

PROS

Easy class scheduling and payment processing make my life simpler and more organized.

CONS

Occasional glitches and slow loading times can be frustrating when I'm in a rush.

Reviewed November 2023

Perfect for health and wellness industries

PROS

MindBody offers a user-friendly interface, and robust scheduling features.

CONS

The prices are not shown in the pricing page.

Theresa

Reviewed February 2020

It is OKAY

I think until recently we were thinking of switching to something else that is more reasonably priced. I stayed on and am now using the new marketing software. We will see if it helps automate our business more.

PROS

I like that it has an app and that our clients can easily sign up. Also, the billing makes it easy for a small business like ours.

CONS

We have been using MINDBODY for the last 3 years. I just think it is okay and think there are so many other products out there that have come out that might be better. My biggest gripe is the cost. I wish it scaled more with how big our fitness business is. We have a small business and don't do a lot of volume but in order to get the marketing features we have to pay a huge premium. I also was bothered that that they just increase costs by a lot after we used it for a year and never gave any training about the new features that we HAD to pay for. I don't like that their actual internal network and app don't help get new clients. DON'T ever pay for that feature as it takes a percentage from the sale. You are much better off doing your own sales and marketing.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

It seems to be the most widely used in the business

Edward

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional. However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very tired-looking, they are focused on up-selling to bigger clients who can afford and ignoring the smaller clients of which I am one. (Their costs are £100-450pcm basic, plus an additional £199 pcm for an almost essential mobile app, which puts it well out of range for a small business. Probably, importantly, the functionality is also possibly geared around larger yoga, hair-salons, gyms, etc. I am a music teacher. I think it's time I looked at a more tailored music teaching option.

PROS

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages

CONS

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense). No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

Reason for choosing Mindbody

I chose MindBody 10 years ago when there weren't many better alternatives or industry-specific alternatives. There now are considerable options for music teaching software so I fear I must bid MindBody goodbye...

Rebecca

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

A good system that did not work as well for Canadian clients

PROS

Customer service was very good. We were able to easily put in our schedules and see the overall picture of our enrollment structure. Tracking clients was well done.

CONS

Mindbody at the time of our usage did not allow for online registration for clients, payment systems for Canadians not the ability for our clients to have a portal into their accounts to make changes and access information. It was very rudementary in its design. As such we changed systems entirely for ease of business.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

Mindbody offered a trial and a very good set up and training. As this system was a huge improvement to what we were already using, we switched. It was only afterwards that we found an even better system. Using MindBody for a few years really showed the cracks in the system as to what our needs were as a business.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

We needed a system that would allow our clients more accessibility - online registration, seeing how many spots were still open in each class, the ability for them to update their billing information/address/phone numbers etc. Print receipts from their accounts. Make their own payments online. Review emails sent to them. Be able to access and review their signed studio policies. A system that integrated with our website so the information we were putting out was accurate in real time. We also needed to be able to batch charge individual classes/team for items. Sadly Mindbody was lacking in several of these areas and it was causing a lot of additional workload for our administrative and management staff.

Tatiyana

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

I like it but..

Mindbody sets a high bar for business software. But unfortunately their quality of customer services does not match the high premium you pay. There are definitely softwares out there that will suit exactly what you are looking for with a support team that is willing to help you in every way at a fraction of the cost.

PROS

Mindbody is like driving a fully loaded Mercedes Benz. Looks pretty. Has all the features. Very custom and detailed.

CONS

Con: way too expensive. customer service plummeted. Not accommodating. Does not matter if you are a long term customer I feel like I am just a number and they could care less if they lose you as a customer or not.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

Because Mindbody at the time was an all inclusives software with all the features I was looking for and the price was amazing when I first signed up in 2015.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

I outgrew schedulicity and needed more features that they weren't offering at the time.

Leigh-Ann

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Not for Small Business, Definitely Not for Martial Arts

Small business's should look elsewhere. Prices are outrageous without offering much to the smaller industries. Prices are based on preset packages (with not useful options) rather than size of business.

PROS

Easy to login and add customers, update schedule. Started off ok but soon prices increased dramatically.

CONS

This is the MOST expensive software. In the 2+ years we used Mindbody, the price increased over 200% with no additional features that benefit our small business. Many calls to customer service - who could care less about a small business needs - only to tell you about products that benefit the big companies. They do massive price increases and make sure to take away the 1 feature you actually need in order to put you at a higher price point. I know dance studios were in the same boat as martial arts. The only item that was "martial arts" was adding a belt system - that's pretty basic - basically it's a client management system with that added in. There are lots of martial arts specific software that give you WAY more bang for your buck and base your price on number of students rather than forcing you to buy a premium package that is 75% not useful for martial arts.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

They were credit card based and I didn't want to offer that option at the time.

William

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2018

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

PROS

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

CONS

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it. Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one. What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Sports, 2-10 employees