• Pros

• "I absolutely love this this software. I’ve used it at multiple jobs I’ve had. It’s super easy to navigate and makes our jobs easier."

• "I love the simplicity of the software. It’s functional and easy to use. "

• "It is very easy and intuitive to use. The features are clean and the transition between functionalities are smooth and seamless."

• Cons

• "Only complaint is the desktop website, it's a bit messier and harder to use, but they have a great app so it makes up for it. "

• "What I didn't like about the Mindbody software was the time it took to apply promo codes. But aside from that it was really easy to use and it was fast. "

• "There are times the app can take longer to load, and there are glitches. But it is still so much easier than calling."

Browse Mindbody Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 1960 results

Garrett from Rejuv Medical

Learn It and Use It

Pros

I can not state more clearly that Mindbody is the leader in what they do. They have their faults because of the way it was designed originally but they are working on those every day but no system on the market is better. I have a feeling that a couple years from now, they be much larger than what they even are now.

Cons

the old design structure of the base platform could use some updates, which they are aware of

Dilraj from Click Labs

Great online platform for health and fitness events near you!!

Overall MINDBODY is doing a great job in the area of health and fitness and helping people look for the different events happening near them in this domain. If anybody wants to integrate with MINDBODY then APIs are available for the same for developers and once configured, its really beneficial for local aggregators in this domain.

Pros

MINDBODY allows the users and the providers to create an account and then users can look through different classes or events in the area of health and fitness offered by these registered providers. The schedule can be tracked online along with the registering for the available events. The users can then track the status of these classes for any last minute changes happening in the schedule. One thing which stands out for MINDBODY is the list of APIs which they have provided for these events. The local aggregators can fetch these events from MINDBODY and show them on their online platforms or they can register their own events and schedules by using these APIs.

Cons

UI for the online platform of the MINDBODY is not that intuitive and some of the features are not understood easily by the users. Plus the APIs are not that intuitive and documented properly and sometimes are not sending data in the optimized way as per the industry standards set these days for these kind of APIs. Other than that, customer support is always there to help u with your MINDBODY API integrations for configuring it properly.

Frederick from Youphoria LLC

Excellent Cloud-Based Salon & Spa Software

Great software with an impressive array of features. Nice to look at and as a cloud software, accessible from anywhere in the world. Would definitely consider using this software again in the future.

Pros

Comprehensive and full-featured. Very user friendly and accessible from anywhere.

Cons

Would have been nice to have the option for a hard install. At the time we chose to discontinue using MINDBODY, our internet connection was unreliable and using a cloud-based software proved nearly impossible. Customer support was great but the wait was consistently very, very long.

Kurt from KSV Fitness, LLC

MindBody for Small Gym

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless! MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all. MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory. The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed. The software will also take into account independent contractors. Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Cons

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds. It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related. All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

Jeffrey from Tru 360 Fit

MindBody Software Suite with Branded App

Overall experience was grueling and constantly defeating to my business operations. Joining Mindbody was a poor decision in many facets. The software suite works directly against your business by directing (through email marketing etc.) new members to use the "Non-Branded" app when you already have the Branded App. The Mindbody App sends deals from other fitness studios to your customers via the Mindbody App. This isn't good for retention. If a customer want to skate around your regular member prices, the Non-Branded App offers discounts to your already regular customer (not just new customers), creating instant revenue losses when trying to gain new customers. Customer Care/Service representatives knew less about the MindBody suite than I did since I have used the software longer than the representatives that were supposed to be assisting. The integrated software for payments which ease the use of processing and tracking is a "catch 22". If your card on file for Mindbody payments expires, which happens periodically; MindBody will just shutdown your site and you cannot operate in any capacity or function. No phone call message to let you know. If this happens, you will have an onslaught of fixes because the Mindbody system will disassociate your confirmation phone numbers with your customers and they will no longer be able to confirm appointments. You will have to manually push any missed autopays etc.

Pros

The best pert of MindBody was the Branded App. One touch at the fingertips for purchases by the customer.

Cons

Constant updates that caused issues for booking, purchasing and retaining customers. My email box was virtually packed with issues that MindBody caused from an update to the app. "A fix to fix the problem caused by the fix for a problem we fixed" could be the Moto!

Zo from Town of Hawkesbury

Hard to use, but a Good customer value

Very very very difficult to use, too much features for nothing. You had to search deep into the back-end system to change a minor feature. Customer account was hard to manage on the administrative side. Good software for fitness centre that only have classes. Not the better software for Sports Complex and facilities rentals.

Pros

Minbody offers a lot of features and everything is possible for the client. Our customer could be aware of any changes in their rental or account. Customers could have a look of our facilities schedule before calling us to rent a facility. Customer could see Public Swim & Skate on the Mindbody Website easily. Customer could access their account on the Mindbody App and get all the information about their course directly on the app. Merging accounts was easy.

Cons

Very difficult to use and learn. A lot of specific terms, difficult to learn for baby-boomers employees. Rentals could not be filtered or sort other than by transaction date. So if we booked a facility 6 months in advance, and change the date 1 months prior, changes were 4 pages before the actual rental. There was no way to bill our client monthly. We used it for more than a year and a half and our employees was still having issues with basics and daily steps.

Alexander from The Crew Bootcamps

Not fully optimised for a European Market

Mindbody has been a disappointment. One simple reason: payments are tricky. In the Netherlands, where i operate, CC is not a popular payment method. This does not stop Mindbody to market itself as best in the field, nevermind that they are unable to offer a SEPA transaction from the get-go. After some paperwork with Paysafe (their associated payment provider), I thought I had finally gained that function. Guess again: I can take SEPA (bank transfer) payments, but the clients cannot purchase autonomously (via, say, your website). They have to give you the details and you have to do it for them. Double-handling, as such. So if you are selling memberships on a website, that website becomes less useful. As stated, clients cannot purchase with that payment method themselves. Finally, when I thought "well at least I can do quick work of it via the Mindbody app when I meet the clients in person"...well, guess again: the SEPA app option asks for routing and account number. No space to input a SWIFT or IBAN. When I inquired to Mindbody they were swift (admittedly) in offering a workaround. Namely debiting the client the desired amount, then going home, fire up the desktop and change payment method to SEPA (and change all payment dates manually). SEAM-LESS. 110 for a workaround is not what you want to pay. There are smarter and leaner providers out there for a fraction of the price.

Pros

It is for the best part polished and well-thought out

Cons

No direct debit option Limited functions on the starter packet (which works to be 110, way more than 99% of competition) Inability for clients to carry out a sepa transaction by themselves Some condescendence from staff member Sales department will overpromise

MindBody - The features you want by a company you can't stand at a price you can't afford

I wouldn't recommend this unless your feature list is so big you have no other options.

Pros

The product has a gazillion different features and loves to expand its offering into new industries. They give you access to everything via a robust API and good reporting.

Cons

The software is way too expensive. The software is a Frankenstein in terms of design and integration. The support is good but you shouldn't need so much support for such a little application.

Kristopher from Rumble Boxing

Fitness studio review

Overall the software is robust and you never feel as if you dont have access to a piece of information you're looking for. Though when you're first learning it it can feel clunky. On a positive note any time I've had an issue their customer support line has been incredibly efficient.

Pros

MindBody feels like choosing a PC over a mac. Which in my opinion is good. The software is incredibly robust and you have many many options for reporting at all different levels. The ability to tag clients and then pull reports on just those specific clients is a game changer.

Cons

The con would be that it's more like a PC then a Mac. The software you need to really spend time and learn. Using this everyday I would say that it takes about 6 months to fully get everything feeling natural. If your role is solely backend and reporting is all you'll be doing then itll be much faster.

Jordan J. from 24 Hour Fitness

Wellness While Traveling

I go the extra mile for clients. When they travel, I suggest relevant classes and services for them in the city they travel to. Clients are set up for success before their travel. Clients are impressed with recommendations I give them. I keep clients longer. I suggest classes/services to them based on their individual needs.

Pros

I have clients that travel. I can find relevant fitness classes & wellness services for them. Easy to search for classes and services in specific cities. I set them up for success prior to travel.

Cons

For everyday clients I see 1:1; I would like a built in daily client appointment schedule. I want one wellness app for my business. If I could schedule my client appointments here; this would make it easier.

Stephanie from Bodhi Body Studios

MindBody Software is Mostly Great

Honestly, software is software these days. But my experience with MindBody is that the team of people they have behind the scenes is absolutely phenomenal. They just put on the most amazing in person event called Bold, and I was so impressed I already bought my ticket for next year. They also do a yearly training on their software called MindBody University, and I have heard great things. I'm hoping that once I attend, I will fall in love with the software as much as I have with the people.

Pros

It has a lot of features that I need to run my business, like reports, memberships, and online booking for clients.

Cons

I do not find it intuitive, and sometimes it's glitchy and inconsistent.

Sharmila from Core Arts

Mindbody Online transformed my business

I tried to leave Mindbody once to go to Booker (now a MBO owned company) and that was a huge fail. They didn't offer the preferences that worked for my boutique, small studio. MBO has stellar customer service. Also, BOLD is beyond a doubt, the most exciting part of MBO and helping owners stay motivated, inspired and educated.

Pros

Mindbody offers exemplary customer service. I have been with them for more than 10 years of the 15 years that I have been in business. It's user friendly, innovative and helps business owners to automate their work.

Cons

The price for MBO keeps getting more expensive. Also, the partner companies can add up too.

Lori from NCK Wellness Center, Inc.

MINDBODY software

I wouldn't want to change. Software changes are difficult to walk staff through. Price increases may impact that over time. Partly because it is ever evolving and slowly but surely we get functionality that we need. The software is greatly modifiable, however, we have hit quite a few roadblocks of things that we need that we just can't do because we do not have the typical boutique business model.

Pros

Ability to interact with clients through auto-e-mails/texts.

Cons

Not built specifically for fitness centers so lacks some functionality specific to a non-profit fitness center. Definitely built for a boutique studio.

Kendra from Still & Moving Center

It's Helpful!

MB has been great within the yoga studio / fitness studio / wellness studio industry. I've been using it for years now, within different states / facilities, as well as using it myself as a client. Easy to use, but have a feeling there is so much my company is unaware of / not taking advantage of [some tools that could really benefit the company that we don't know exist]. I'm also not a fan of MB working with other companies who saw flaws in the system, and now charge extra $ to implement. Why can't MB just come up with these ideas themselves, implement within their software, charge an extra charge if you must, but keeping it all within MINDBODY [not also to FitGrid, ZipWhip, etc.]. Customer service could also use some work. Our company struggled for weeks trying to get hardware ordered. We were promised multiple efforts of help with no one actually able to assist until I finally made it to the MB BOLD conference and sought help. It took way too long for us to give your company money for an item we wanted to order to benefit our sales.

Pros

The software is easy to use [once you practice]. It allows us to do everything we need, to an extent, with scheduling private sessions, massage, requesting appointments, as well as checking students in to classes, allowing them to purchase retail. It seems to have everything we need rolled into one package, at least for us with the Ultimate package.

Cons

I think there should be more webinars on how to use the software. Yes, there are videos to watch and the certification process, but this does not allow for open dialogue, questions to be asked, etc. Webinars w/ a MB customer support team available to discuss would be ideal and allow us all to know more of what our system has available for us to use / take advantage of.

Lauren from Ninja XP

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

Pros

The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient. Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself. The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

Cons

The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun. The POS is a little clunky. Processing is a bit slow- this was an issue even on a new computer. At my former employer, we actually ended up buying a different POS because we were so tired of putting up with the one built I to Mindbody. We still used the Mindbody one for class and competition registrations, but everything else (open gym admissions, merchandise, snacks, and drinks) went through the other system.

Eric from Yogabody Studios

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Pros

Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University events to learn and to be inspired. It is a comprehensive program so it can be complicated. With time, you can master this program then use complementary software depending how sophisticated you want to be with your company. It is confusing to see so many complementary software programs, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe Mindbody keeps from duplicating every idea/program to not degrade the work that they do with the foundation of the work that they do well. This company is innovative and trailblazing ways and features that will enhance the clients experience at your gym/studio and easily the best feature is the ability to use a mobile device to run the software and create and pleasant experience for the user.

Cons

I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.

William from Evolve Gyms

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

Pros

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

Cons

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it. Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one. What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Amanda from Breckels Massage Therapy

Things are okay, but they could be better

Overall. Our experience is a positive one. We certainly have our frustrations and have been met with dead ends on more than one occasion. We have been continually researching and discussing with peers the use of other similar products to see if there would be a similar and more cost effective fit for us.

Pros

-visually, it is simple and appealing -The customer service team is responsive and intelligent and we appreciate the remote controlling of the screen to learn while issues are resolved -Mostly it has accommodated the needs of our business

Cons

-It is clearly most functional for a class-based business, we would love to see improvements and functionality for appointment based (one that stands out, is being able to schedule through our Google Business listing) -The fact that you raise your rates and do not grandfather in your current subscribers to stay at the same rate is really sneaky and I do not respect that at all. Just because you add features that we did not ask for or need, does not mean that your happy clients should be forced into higher cost for services they do not want. Some customer loyalty would be nice. -There are features that we "cannot change" at all that would make our business run more smoothly (how the check out options are arranged, the way that clients are able to book certain times using your software through our website, and using a GC to pay for a service when booking online...to name a few) -When mind body is down, our business is DOWN, and we have seen first hand how horrible of an impact this can have for us

Response from MINDBODY

Replied August 2018

Hi Amanda- Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our recent acquisition of Booker Software was aimed at improving the experience for appointment-based businesses like yours. In addition, we apologize for the impact that we have on your business when our software has an event, but know that we are actively working on solutions to prevent that from happening in the future.

Chelsey from TeamMates Fitness

Amazing and dissapointing

Did a great job compiling competitive software services that we need for our business.

Pros

Very easy to use once you get set up and figure it out how to make it work for your business. Before MindBody changed their software capabilities... again... there was so much flexibility in how to use the software and it has so many very applicable functions for multiple business types. Customer service has ALWAYS been amazing and the interface is very customer friendly. It also has a great app for online booking.

Cons

How much the program changes in terms of the way the interface is used; every "update" has made the system very complicated for our businesses use, and we would constantly be retraining our employees how to use get around the new changes to use the software as we originally purchased it for. As of a month ago, they just implemented a new payment tier system that has limited our previous uses and is forcing us to pay an additional (went from to get most of the functions back and a bunch we don't want or will ever use for our business. Which leads us to our final issue... MindBody is constantly upping their prices. We have been with them for 5 years (???) and every year they are charging us more. In summary, too many changes with little warning, new functions are being implied that we don't want nor will use but are expected to pay for, and capabilities we had before we are now expected to pay more for after years of access. We wished we could have stayed with them, but they seemed to have outgrown our business and overshoot our needs.

Terri from The Hot Yoga Factory Chelmsford

I've increased my business 20% in each of the 2 years I've been with MBO.

Pros

MBO is far more than a software provider. They are my strategic business partner. They keep me current on all the technological advancements available in the market through ongoing development in the software. As well as provide the research/data analysis which helps me make sound business decisions regarding my future growth and profitability. My favorite feature is the ease of setting up the reoccurring revenue via auto pay monthly membership contracts. The other two powerful resources I use are the automated emails, retention/re-engage email marketing, and all the reporting capabilities. The day to day use of class check-in, retail sales, client account management are all features I like. Finally, the primary reason, and the one which has earned MBO the strategic partner status within my organization is summed up in on simple word support. Their world class team of dedicated technical support staff are available 24/7/365 to answer my questions, provide information and will take all the time necessary to help me resolve anything I need. The support doesn't end with the technical. Through the MINDBODY University program I've learned best practices, how to use the reports to build my sales and marketing strategies and to set my business goals. The MBU video tutorial liberty provides additional information on a variety of topics right from my desktop. MINDBODY is far more than a software provider, they are my teammates! My success is their success. Period.

Cons

Like any partnership, there are always imperfections and areas of improvement. If I could wave a magic wand and all my wishes were granted, then this is what I would wish: a more robust set of auto email options more content for the retention and re-engage emails more functionality related to inventory the ability of change contract start dates after the contract has been activated That's about it. There are other, small quirks which can be annoying at times, but then again, nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement in any relationship.

Response from MINDBODY

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the review, Terri! We're proud to be on your team!

Molly from Indigenous Healing Arts Institute

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Miracle Software

MindBody is the admin assistant I've always needed and could never before afford. In the first three months of using it I DOUBLED my income. My clients can schedule, cancel, reschedule, sign up for classes and pay online- that alone saves me at least two hours a day that I no longer have to be on the phone, I can be working! Or playing with my family, or a million other things rather than sitting on a phone or on email. Just the ability to take credit cards (all of them) increased my pay; there's a feature when the client pays which asks if they want to leave a tip and offers different percentages or a custom amount...and when asked if they want to leave a tip, more people do so! Seriously my average went from 65 to 90 each session. Clients can buy gift cards online and print them out immediately, that's a nice feature for those last minute gift givers, and they are again asked if they want to leave a tip... it's crazy how quickly my income skyrocketed. I'm beyond grateful. OH and the best part. MindBody's customer service. I was actually offered a lower rate with another company (we'll call them Circle so I don't offend the real company) but Circle was terrible. With Circle, I waited fifteen months to get the rate I was promised and I was constantly tossed back and forth in emails and phone calls as Circle passed blame and did nothing to help my business. So I checked out MindBody. And they walked me through the software, the setup, how to use it, they even showed me how to customize everything for my business! We're talking 45 minute phone calls with this awesome customer service associate (Rep- he's so calm and intelligent and researches every question you have) EVERY WEEK until I felt comfortable using MindBody. I was terrified after trying Circle, but MindBody gave me the software, the skills, the customization, the feedback- did I mention you can run reports at any time to figure profit and taxes and such?- and as of today I stand to TRIPLE my income this year. Thank God I didn't give up after Circle. Thank God I found MindBody. I realize I'm typing in stream-of-consciousness, I realize I'm beyond excited, but for a single mother of three running her own business who had learned to live just below the poverty level, to make such a leap in income, to have such powerful and professional software, to have the unwavering support and knowledge base of an entire team of people at MindBody- it's overwhelming. Miracle Software.

Pros

MindBody customer support is AWESOME! It's the reason I stay with MindBody, though Square offers a lower rate to NCBTMB members such as myself- square's customer support is awful. In contrast stands Max Malle. Remember that name. Best customer service rep I've ever known. He and the others go above and beyond their jobs- you can feel their sincerity. Oh and I've doubled my income and am set to triple it this year because the software does SO MUCH WORK for me. It's my administrative assistant that I only pay $ a month for! It rocks.

Cons

Hm. Well, I have yet to figure out the difference between signing someone up for a yoga class and signing them in to a yoga class, so maybe differentiating that in the program's wording would help. OH and for those of us who use our phones exclusively, not a computer, when using the software, it would be lovely if the phone programming held everything just like the computer programming does. Hmmmmm .... OH and sometimes late at night my schedule disappears completely from my phone. It shows up as blank, which is frightening, but in the morning it's back to normal. Maybe you guys are working on it then?

Response from MINDBODY

Replied August 2018

Thank you for your review, Molly!

Randall

Not as good as they think they are

I have been using Mind Body for 5 yrs. I am a single practitioner Registered massage therapy clinic. I am very computer savvy. I have used several practice management software and have contributed to UI development of two of them. At the time of sign up I had completed an exhaustive search on Clinic management apps. The two that came out on top for me were Mind/Body and another one. I went with MB because their salesman misrepresented their tech's ability to export my data. In the end, they couldn't do it. He also signed me up at the wrong price for my situation and it cost me extra $ for months. I decided to continue with MB without my previous client database. The back end of the software is extremely complicated and took quite a while to get things to work right. They seem to feel they are the best solution out there, they clearly haven't looked closely at the other providers and how my clients could interact with the software which is overly complicated, I have numerous clients who won't work with MB and call or text. (there will always be some who won't use it no matter the design) They are committed to using Flash (outdated) if you want to use an iPhone or iPad you have to use their apps instead of the site being HTML5 or cross platform compatible. It also doesn't work well with Safari. The CRM is poorly designed and their premium Soap notes are a joke in comparison to what the competition like Booker, Jane app, Soap Vault. and many more offer. Their Auto emails don't handle embedded HTML correctly and are completely broken at the moment and fill my email with content not linked to. You can't collate, print or export client notes or soap notes. I have to copy and paste my notes into word to create a medical-legal report.

Pros

Great 24hr customer service support. Wide range of features. Conventions, classes, and online training on how to use their product and market your practice better Reasonably easy to run your practice once you are set up. Good consumer awareness of the apps so you can be found through their network of providers. A good set of reports to understand and analyze your business.

Cons

Over priced. If a corporation can have an Igo they are conceited and not fully aware of their competition and how they are being bettered by other companies that didn't have to spend millions of dollars last year to deliver what they are offering. Raised my rates 60% in two price increases over the last 6 month period. The initial salesman made false promises. Overly complicated user interface both for potential clients and for service providers. No automatic booking assistance that keeps dead spaces to a minimum. Poor Contact Relation management compared to much less expensive software. Pushed expensive 3rd party upgrades for components that should have been included in the price. They don't have a well-developed place to create treatment notes, can't print, collate or export the notes you do create. Not PIPA compliant (Standards of patient privacy) Can't bill or track insurance billing and payments. Takes forever to fix something broken in their software. Promised features and then took 2-3 years to deliver features.

August 2016

Jonna from Jonna Bryant

August 2016

Hair salon owners: This is good for appointments, but its missing one MAJOR feature

Own a hair salon? This might be important to you too: I've been using MindBody for nearly 2 years at my salon for its online booking. I have nothing bad to say about how the online booking functions on MY end... meaning that when I log in and manage my appointments, it's pretty easy for me. It's actually REALLY easy for me and I love the way MindBody allows me to manage my appointments. So I do recommend it for this very important reason. HOWEVER, what I don't love about this service is that, according to my website designers SetMySite (these guys are incredible btw), there's no "customizable embed code"... in business owner terms that means, when the client wants to book their appointment through the website, they click on a link on the website that takes them OUT of your website and ON TO MindBody's website. There are other salon booking applications that allow you to create a custom look and feel to the appointment booking application and "embed" it onto your website, so that your clients can actually book ON your website. MindBody offers no such feature. So why does this ruin the experience so much? 1) It looks unprofessional! We consider ourselves a very high-end salon. Sending our client to another website that doesn't match the same look and feel of our website looks amateur and unpolished. Especially since our website uses dark colors, and MindBody's is all white - it's a very ugly contrast. 2) It's not very user friendly for the client. Originally I wanted a "book now" button under each service offering on my website and I wanted to have that button automatically take the client down the path to book that specific service once they clicked on it (obviously). But I guess that wasn't so obvious for the MindBody peeps as when someone clicks on the "book now" button on my website, it just takes them to a general page where the client has to fish around for the service they JUST TRIED to book on my site and re-add it so they can book! SMH. 3) When the client is taken to the MindBody booking page, they aren't greeted with a list of services to choose from. They are greeted the the need to "sign in" to an account. How could a first time client already have an account? MindBody should know that many many clients that book online are actually first time clients! Why not make it as easy as possible for them to book online? I feel like MindBody makes it as HARD as possible for them to book the service they want through the website itself.

Pros

Excellent admin management. Wonderful for managing appointments and worth the money based on this alone. You pay more as your business grows. I have found the support to be excellent. I'm not sure why so many people here are complaining about the support. Everyone I've talked to has been really knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

No way to book appointments directly on your own website. This is a pretty big one for me obviously. The booking page for the customer is stark, confusing, and unnecessarily cumbersome. There needs to be a way to make the integration more seamless and pretty. I guess it's just very disappointing because the software and company are otherwise very good. This seems like such a no-brainer and I feel like I'm losing business because of it. This needs to be addressed.

sylvie from Coolidge Yoga

I wish there were major revisions to MBO

Pros

The MBO business app works well on my phone for events

Cons

I do not think it's efficient at all. There are wayyyyyyyyy too many things to click to get to what you want, clients have to wait way too long to get signed in and pay for a package. I used to work in the restaurant industry and POS systems definitely had their flaws but they were quick and to the point. MBO was definitely designed by someone who has never had to work a busy sign in at a busy yoga studio. It seems the system was designed by someone who does not understand the client experience or how important efficiency is an employee. And the amount of glitches and ways I have to trick the system to do what I want, for example the autopay schedule. Why can't I use two forms of payment for one payment? Like $10 from their account credit and the rest on the card. Instead I have to charge the card the rest ahead of time to the account and then apply it to the month and then go in and change the payment type which sometimes doesn't save and sometimes changes it all to account payment. Which causes the client to have a huge negative account balance by the time we catch it and we have to go back to find them. That's one example. Also the customer service is horrendous. I usually have to call back a few times about the same issue in order to get someone who knows what they are doing or talking about. And half the time I have to teach the reps how to work something in order to get an answer. I really think MBO has a long way to go before it's useful.

Narinder from Equinox Holding Inc

MindBody Cloud Based Club and Scheduling Solution

Overall Mindbody Software is life line for our SPA business and we are totally depended on this software for all kind of activities so for any small or mind size business that need to automate their work Mindbody is perfect choice

Pros

Mindbody Software offers various features such as Automated Scheduling of Email and text along with online booking, Appointment via Social media like Facebook and we can manage marketing capabilities via inbuild toolkit. We use Mindbody software for SPA.

Cons

Every Software has its own strength and weakness, as per our experience with Mindbody we have found few issues where they need to really works on one big aspect is Availability of Services( they had 3-4 major outages) which causes lot of problem to out customers and impact our business, second area that i would like to explore is software has few menus that feel cluttered while other menus are mostly blanks ,their documentation is also not updated sometime

Amy from Polaris Pole Dance

Overpriced and disappointing business practices

Middling. The only reason we are still with MindBody is because it took a long time to set it up how we want it, and our clients are familiar and understand how to use it.

Pros

It is reasonably fully featured, and you can usually find a work around to achieve what you want or need to do, but it isn't all that intuitive. A lot of our clients seem to have used MindBody before, so it is familiar to them. Clients like that they can book quickly and easily through a mobile app.

Cons

MindBody has become horrendously over-priced. They increased subscription rates by a huge margin (almost double, in some cases!), and justified it by shoe-horning in a bunch of extra features that we did not want or need, or which were not available to us outside of the US - yet we were still expected to pay for them! Our only option was to downgrade our subscription package to one left us about a quarter of the features we were used to, and removed some very common-sense "features"(such as the ability to mask instructors full names from the client-facing interface - thus leaving our instructors open to potential stalking from people not even signed up to our system) - and yet we still had to pay more for this poorer functionality! The fact that they did not grandfather in current subscribers to stay at the same rate is appalling - we've been using MindBody for six years. Some recognition of customer loyalty would go a long way. I am investigating other options for our booking software.

Diane from Westwind Sailing

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

So thrilled we found Mindbody

After running our sailing school for 20 years under the county park system, our supervisors decided to discontinue the park's registration services. We were suddenly thrust into an administrative role where we had no experience. As I blindly searched for a registration solution, I stumbled upon Mindbody. My initial deduction was that the product wouldn't work for the types of programs and services we provide. I explained this to the Mindbody representative and described all the reasons why it wasn't a good fit. She listened to my rant and one by one dispelled my objections with solutions in the Mindbody software. Not only that, she assured me that Mindbody would be there to hold-our-hand through it all, and that the price was well within our budget. I had no choice but to sign up on the spot. 8 years later and Westwind is stronger than ever. In the first year of using Mindbody, our registrations and revenues were the best they had been in 5 years despite the ongoing recession. Our business continues to grow and evolve and Mindbody grows and evolves with us. I was blown away the first time I noticed improvements in the product based on requests from the clients. Now it's just the norm. I recently discovered Mindbody BOLD and Mindbody University. Both were some of the best business conferences I've attended in 30 years of running my company. Bottom line: Mindbody is a dynamic and forward thinking company that sincerely cares about its staff and customers. I strive to run my business this way and I find that I use Mindbody as a role mode. LOL! I'm not getting paid to say this stuff, it just really is that good!

Pros

Dynamic, adaptable, cost effective

Cons

Would like more emphasis on 'enrollment' aspect of software since that is what we use the most.

Response from MINDBODY

Replied August 2018

Thank you for the review, Diane!

Noemi from OneHope

Great software that is so straightforward

Overall, my experience has been great - I actually remember being excited when my current studio, OrangeTheory, switched over to MindBody, because it was something I was familiar with from other studios. So I liked the idea that I wouldn't have to be stressed about learning a whole new platform because it had been so simple when I used it previously. It would be great if more studios would use this app to establish continuity across app usage and make our lives easier.

Pros

I love that this software updates so quickly, is responsive, straightforward, and easy to use. I have used apps for a ballet barre studio and OrangeTheory that have been powered through mind body. My experience has been great - signing up for classes has never been easier, and I love the option to see my history, how many classes I have left in my package (would like a way to see when those expire as I don't always remember billing date), what package options are available, and even instructor photos and names in case I couldn't remember that one instructor whose class I enjoyed. The dashboard is also useful as I feel it displays useful at-a-glance information and helpful tips that have actually changed my approach to the workout.

Cons

I get that it needs to be password protected as you can buy additional classes, but in the past it's been a bit annoying to have to sign into the app - it's not always straightforward what e-mail & password I used. Would be much better with a PIN / 4 digit passcode sign in or Face ID or something. If it takes me too long to sign in, I get annoyed and do something else instead of signing up for that class. I will say, though, that recently, I haven't had to sign in too much, as my account opens when I open my app for OrangeTheory, but sometimes in the past I've gotten logged out and it's a pain to get back in.

Alissa from GoYoga

Mindbody Review

Pros

Comprehensive. Lots of features and options. A lot of reporting (although I think it could be better). The app and the exposure you get as part of that.

Cons

Simple tasks can be far too complicated. It at times does not feel it is built by daily users. If so, some of the steps needed would seemingly be decreased (although I will say this has improved somewhat over time). Absence of a solid dashboard report. I have to pull numbers from several places and numbers for a certain metric report differently on different reports. This causes me and my team to lose confidence in the reporting. There also aren't simple and common metrics reported like membership sales closing rate or member retention rate. I get frustrated that we have to outsource a lot of functions to other vendors for things that could be integrated into the software. Things like more customization of the auto-emails. More options for the retention emails that we pay a pretty penny for at the highest level. Finally, customer support responsiveness is not consistently great. After last year's conference we established a contact who was for a time responsive but then fell off. Now it seems like a complete headache to get any issue or question addressed. We are a 7 location studio who spends over $25K for your software annually. I feel we deserve a dedicated and responsive rep.

Unprofessional experience.

online booking, record keeping

Pros

It provides you with at least some type of software. They promote themselves pretty well, which makes them more known.

Cons

They overrate themselves, as the software does not have as much capability as they say, in several areas. Too expensive or can become that way, in order to have all the features you need, because you have to hire additional entities to get certain features that are not included. We now have a software with just about everything included in the pricing. MB's pricing increases quite often. I did not appreciate that in the beginning when training with them, they don't tell you how many limited hours they give you and are actually monitoring, but in the long run, they tell you how much of their time you've taken up, when you never knew there was a limit or that you were being monitored. The whole time they're telling you it's okay, you're fine, we'll give you as much time as you need. In the long run, they used this against me. Had they told me this info from the start, I would have hesitated or been more stingy in asking my questions and reaching out for assistance. I finally left MB when I had an unprofessional experience wherein I was mistakenly included in an interoffice email wherein they said some false, mean-spirited ' unprofessional things about me. That was the final straw. I am much happier now with my current software provider.

Response from MINDBODY

Replied January 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with MINDBODY. We are sorry to hear about the situation you outlined regarding your business being discussed by our employees in an unprofessional manner. We'd like to look into this situation on your behalf. Would you be comfortable sharing details about your business with our team at reviews@mindbodyonline.com?

melissa from Soul Tree

I wish it was more user friendly. You have to go thru a lot of screens and clicks

This is the only software I've ever used for this so I have no idea what else is out there...

Pros

I like the tabs. The call help is great and almost always helpful. I also like the help chat so I can save the transcript and go back if I can't remember how I fixed something.

Cons

should be more simplified. have all of the pricing options, price making together. have like with like, all of the events/workshops/courses/enrollments should be together on the same screen. It took me hours to figure out how to add a course, mostly b/c I couldn't find the course tab anywhere near anything that made sense. why it's under manager tools... and not services and pricing with the classes and enrollments is confusing to me. I even used your help button and couldn't find the course management b/c I didn't know what it was called and had to search it in obscure ways in order to finally see course! I've used quickbooks for years in previous jobs and it is so easy to use! I wish MBO was more like that. I would also like to be able to add an hourly pay rate for staff. we offer teacher trainings and pay the teachers hourly for training and a different hourly rate for mentor meetings. IThat way when I run my payroll report I would have everything on it. Now I have to keep a separate sheet with any extra work teachers do. Even a "general journal" type option would suffice.

Justin from Flxme Inc.

MindBody for small appointment-based wellness business

I had a very bad experience with a billing issue. I got lost somewhere between the sales and billing departments. Took hours and hours of my time on the phone and many emails to resolve a very straightforward billing issue. The issue was escalated, but I still didn't receive very good service. MBO eventually fixed the error, but didn't offer me anything for my trouble. The way they handled the entire thing was brutal. Eroded the loyalty and goodwill they had developed with me during the training sessions. Make sure you document everything that you chat about with your salesperson! If there is a problem, I wish you well trying to figure it out...

Pros

Once MBO is setup, the basic functions are relatively easy to use, especially in the app. My staff rarely have issues and picked up the basic functionality quickly. The MBO trainers who help to setup the system and do the training for the administrator are great, as are the support team. Very helpful and knowledgeable. I use the chat feature with support often, even though there is often a 20-minute wait.

Cons

From the administrator's perspective, user experience and system design could use some work. It's not very intuitive and can be difficult to locate things. Lots of little check boxes off to the sides, pull downs with language that isn't straightforward, easy to miss things or select the wrong thing when setting up or making changes. You will need to contact support a lot, especially in the beginning. Initial onboarding for the administrator is not easy, even for someone quite comfortable with technology. I also haven't found the integration partnerships not great, especially WaiverKing. Hard to setup and the support is not great. Glitchy. Clients often have issues. In addition, I use WaiverKing for client's to fill out a medical intake form, which is not accessible from the MBO app. My staff must open MBO on the browser on their mobile devices in order to see documents. Not ideal as the browser version is not optimized for mobile. Very hard to use. Also not loving the marketing automation features. Limited and visually not that nice looking in terms of design.

Sara from The Wellness Spa

Day Spa usage ~ When it's good, it's very good ~ When it's bad, it's horrid

Pros

Scheduling appointments is much easier than our previous system, when the site is functioning properly. Running payroll and reports is much easier than our previous system.

Cons

Frequent service interruptions - system was down for 3 hours one day, causing delays in bookings, checking in and payment processing. It is very hard to ask a client if they don't mind if we charge a credit card for service after they have left (when system functions again) or asking people if we can call them back to schedule an appointment because system is down. I had been calling periodically for over 2 weeks because of lag time on site, customer service blamed it on our internet provider (Charter). After our outage, they admitted that they had problems with a software update and were pulling it back to fix bugs. This would have been nice to know from the beginning. I would love to switch software, but it seems that all booking software has issues and the time it takes to import data and appointments may not be worth it. My hope is that Mindbody works out the bugs and can figure out a way to maintain functionality of it's site. Also, when calling customer service, they generally look up an answer on their own Help site - which I have already read. Seems like everyone is scripted, not actually trained in technical support.

Kim from Avani Day Spa and Yoga Studio

MindBody Review

It has helped us grow our company

Pros

Very customizable and easy to navigate

Cons

It's pricey for a small business to get all available features but it works well with the less expensive versions

Chelsea from MVP Dance Fit

Mindbody Review

Our overall experience has been truly great. The customer service staff are excellent and they almost always have a good answer for us and a way to make business easier for us when we need to call to get help from them. The app is beautiful and the Mindbody team really does an excellent job supporting it's customers and marketing them all (from little guys like us, to huge brands worldwide).

Pros

It is fairly user friendly, and there are a lot of tutorials which are great for helping my staff and I find the answers for questions without needing to call and contact a customer service representative. I like that you can use it for multiple types of appointments/services all in one place, instead of needing different software to support each one.

Cons

Some things are not super user friendly. There seem to be places where there are quite a few "work arounds" that need to happen in order for us to achieve the outcome we are looking for, and that makes it confusing for the client and for our staff. I feel there isn't always just ONE single way to do something, which makes training new staff a bit more difficult. The price is also a little high. With the increase this year it has been an adjustment for our business since we are a pretty low priced fitness studio, but overall it has still been worth the investment for having everything managed in one place.

Rosalinda from Bikram Hot Yoga Long Beach

MINDBODY Review

Currently using mindbody to manage: our clients and collect payments. KPI reporting Would like more upgrades to better manage inventory reports.

Pros

It is very user friendly and can get to the detail needed to successfully manage clients.

Cons

When you ask for software upgrades or make suggestions you never know if you are heard and if something will be done. There really is no voice to say we hear you. I would also suggest MB periodically reach out to different levels of users and ask for specific software feedback. Also do not like that you are only allowed to update branded app photos once a year and you cannot send out push notifications that are not active purchasing links.

Amy from Iyengar Yoga Institute of LA

I LOVE MINDBODY

Overall I am happy with the product.

Pros

I love that Mindbody allows me to keep notes on customer account history, I love how great the customer support is, when we have an issue we call and they help us immediately. I love the tutorial videos. I love that many studios and spas use this software so my previous skill set at my past employers prepared me for my current position with my current employer. I like that there are so many features and ways to fine tune the software to your studios personal needs.

Cons

Sometimes I find it to be not very intuitive. Luckily I have worked with the software for a long time so I am lucky to know so much, but especially when training new hires it can take a while for them to get used to the features of the program. After 2 months or so I feel like they get into the groove. We want to be able to take Apple Pay.

Alexandra from CPY

Room for opportunity

Surface level, it is great! Easy to use and commonly known by both teachers and students. Once we get into the more technical sides it becomes a little more frustrating.

Pros

At a very basic, elementary level the software is relatively easy. Especially, in terms of checking people into a class. POS is also pretty simple. MBO is great for a surface level use.

Cons

Im the retail manager for a region comprised of six studios. Half of my job is to count and recount to see where MBO has gone rogue. For example, sometimes it will duplicate an order, you can fix it, but next time you check on it, somehow, magically, the fix has been undone. There are also annoyances with browser compatibility. When you are doing a sale with a gift card, you cannot copy and paste the gift card number, you have to hand type and specify the exact dollar amount of the gift card. Super inconvenient, especially if the student doesnt know the exact amount of the gift card. Also, ringing a gift card like this wont work if youre using chrome. It is also frustrating that we have to find workarounds for solutions to issues like ones I have listed above. MBO support has never provided solutions

Response from MINDBODY

Replied July 2019

Hi Alexandra- Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We've sent your review to your account manager for follow-up.

Jennifer from Vital Body Therapy

Not good for appointment-based businesses

MB does some things really well, then falls far short on obvious things. We've been using it for 5 years, and my number one complaint is the inability to capture credit cards during the booking process to hold a reservation. We have lost probably thousands of dollars from clients who no-showed, and we had no credit card to bill. MB will tell you that they do have this feature when in reality it's a workaround that is incredibly obnoxious and intrusive to the client (a giant box will pop up saying MISSING BILLING INFO, but it gives the client no idea what this means). Their app also does not require a client to enter a phone number, despite that being a forced field set by us on the back end. I would agree with a previous reviewer who said this software is best for class-based businesses. MB largely ignores the needs of other businesses. Considering they just announced they are raising their monthly fee almost 32% to a whopping amount, we are starting to research other companies. I'm done with MB.

Pros

Reporting features ("tagging" is an excellent one), flexibility in options for settings, appointment confirmations, and reminders, training, and technical support.

Cons

Inability to capture credit card info from the client at booking, integration with the website is clunky, high monthly cost, the app doesn't require the client to enter a phone number, SMS alerts to staff are only possible when the client has opted in to also receive SMS appointment notifications.

Sean from Sunwater Spa

Very convenient for checking in guests quickly and user friendly for generating sales reports

Being a front desk employee I frequently had to engage with customers to look up class schedules for them, get them booked into classes they were interested in, and handle payment for classes or massages. The MINDBODY system was always very efficient in these tasks and I feel it is optimized for this type of business (spa, massage, yoga studio, etc.). It was very rare that I had to have customers wait while I tried to figure things out because the interface always felt intuitive and this software seemed to have all the options I could hope for.

Pros

This software makes it very easy to check in guests in a timely manner, apply relevant coupon codes, check existing balances, and quickly add items to a guests order. The interface is very intuitive and I feel that I was able to quickly learn it and teach it to new employees. Price modifications and discounts for employees or other special circumstances were very easy and quick to enter.

Cons

I found that a couple times there were multiple entries in this system for the same guest. Sometimes one of these entities had a gift card balance or something else that the guest would want us to know about but if we chose the wrong account to look in this would not be immediately clear to us and could cause confusion. It was typically fairly easy to resolve and we were able to consolidate the accounts into one.

Yakira from FIT.

Great Interface, Difficult to Navigate, Addt'l Charges, Not Customizable

MBO functions like you'd expect a very large, very vast business to function - tons of features that you pay for but only a portion of which are usable or easy to access/understand. Super inflexible for making changes or to accommodate any customization. Customer service is nice and easy to access, a recent change to their credit. They also have their app dialed in, which was a huge win for us.

Pros

Super streamlined UX for the branded app Easy to reach customer service Great analytics dashboard for quick status updates

Cons

Charges kept going up for no apparent additional value All add-on functions come at additional cost Website integration very poor; no store option Functions/features buried in an oversaturated back-end; back-end not very intuitive Lack of customization on basic features, like booking window hour opening

Christi from Great Lakes Therapeutic Massage & Wellness Center

Service has gone down hill in the last 24 months

It provides a one stop program for practice management.

Pros

MB has been the industry standard for yoga and massage for years. Their product offers many layers of functionality for service based industries. Mobile app is useful for scheduling.

Cons

I have used MB for almost 8 years and used to love them but they have changed significantly recently. In the last 24 months the service and product has degraded significantly. Customer service calls average a 45 minute wait during the days, call back service doesn't work. CSR, are now poorly trained at finding solutions (they used to be amazing). Bugs continue to pop up with each revision and most remain unresolved. In January 2017 errors with the online scheduler became excessive (4 in one month) where clients booked apts online and we were never notified of their requests. Then with the addition of text apt reminders it increased charges and I was unaware that other providers did this at no extra charge. Then in January 2017 an email from the president (which intentionally went to junk mail since it didn't come from the known sender like the bills come from) indicated a necessary increase with no new functionality. Leaving them has been hard to transfer data to a new provider, but worth it.

Linda from Pastimes for a Lifetime

Why we switched from MindBody

Pros

My Art & Piano School enrolled in MindBody's basic package back in December 2013. The school consists of myself as the founder/instructor and my office manager. We needed a platform to schedule or reschedule individual piano lessons or group art classes from her laptop and phone, provide reminder emails to students and print daily attendance charts to pull student folders and set up the classroom. Enrollment and payment are done in-house, not through the scheduling platform for security purposes. (We don't want adults booking seats in children's classes or vice versa.) Their technical support was pretty good about the wait time and their phone staff was courteous and helpful. Up until October 2018, we were happy with MindBody and its affordable bare-bones package. Then they discontinued their basic package and doubled the price. I was sent into panic mode trying to find another similar company. Thankfully the company we switched to was just starting up and looking for clients. Their bare-bones package is less than what MindBody was charging us before the really big rate hike. If MindBody had kept their basic affordable package, we would still be with them.

Cons

The price hike and discontinuation of their basic package. We did not need all the bells and whistles they were sticking us with. We do our billing and scheduling in-house for security purposes. Running a small art and piano school providing affordable tuition to the community is our focus. Too bad MindBody didn't see a way to support the little guys.

Review of Mind Body Software - Plan Carefully

It's like being provided a Mercedes, but owners should determine if they need that Mercedes when a Ford might do just as well. The Mind Body Certification process that has recently been implemented is SOMEWHAT helpful, but it still comes up short. Now we are "married" to Mind Body and pay the Mercedes price for resources that we do not use. My recommendation to anyone considering this software is to investigate it thoroughly before making the purchase and determine if all of the bells and whistles are needed. The more bells and whistles, the more complicated the setup.

Pros

Mind Body software has a vast amount of capabilities to support a small med spa business. There are many tools.

Cons

Mind Body is NOT user friendly. I believe, because it does so much, it's hard to touch on everything that it can do for the business. There are many tools but the instructions on how to use those tools are difficult to find. Likewise, the screen shots used in the tutorials or instructions are sometimes out of date which also make it difficult. The person who set up this software for our medspa did a poor job; she's gone, and it's left the remaining staff struggling with why things work they way they do. We could pay to have a complete overhaul but that would be an added expense we do not wish to incur.

Ron from Ocean Yoga

Mindbody needs several updates

MBO is the center of all our business operations. We don't want to buy all the features from partner companies. It would be more convenient to have them incorporated into the main software.

Pros

I like to diversity of the product. I like that its a data base with all your info in one place. Customer info, class schedule, staff payroll, retail products.

Cons

The payroll module has not been updated since I've been using it, 2007. Staff pay roll report does not calculate the hours worked. It lists all the classes, but not hours. The clock in /out feature in not appropriate for Yoga teacher or massage therapists, because they are paid as employee's per class. But the state requires all employees to list their pay in hours to accumulate Paid Sick time. The mindbody Payroll report doesn't calculate the hours. The performance report is not a good work around because it includes times that are in between sessions and in too often inaccurate. The Heal code or Branded web. since mbo acquired healcode, the feature has not had many updates. It should be user friendly and offer more options to look and function better on our websites This is my main beef! Please update your software to comply with state and local laws.

Aaron from The Underground Dance Centre

Always Raising Prices - Do Not Get Trapped!

Their software is alright at best. They are going to need some major improvements and innovation if they are going to want to keep their clients. These days most platforms are able to integrate with each other, and once everyone realizes that then MindBody has lost their competitive advantage, and I guarantee I'll be the first to switch.

Pros

It gets the job done. Basic scheduling software, collects a lot of data, but they don't provide tools to find the important parts of the data that would help you make actionable decisions.

Cons

They allow third party companies to take advantage of their clients. For example, they allow ClassPass to integrate with their system when they know that ClassPass is taking advantage of mom and pop business's unsophisticated approach to business. They also continually raise prices without offering anything in return. Once you start using the platform you are locked in. It's extremely expensive (money and time) to switch to another platform once you start running your business on MindBody. They understand this, and keep raising prices because they know that your not going to leave.

Ina from Body & Soul

Industry: Individual & Family Services

The Biggest Misconception

is that MB is a software for Spas. It's primarily constructed for Yoga and gym type business. Ive bee with them for about a year and have spent tens of thousands, configuring, fixing and attempting work arounds to get things to work. We came to MB with over 40,000 active clients and the transition cost a ton of money. If you have a subscription or autopay type business than it works. But their merchant vendor charges based on manually entered credit card numbers each month. Which charges more even though it's a snapshot run on an autopay. Their Engage app is deficient in that you cannot sell services, gift cards or autopays from it. Gift Cards in small volume is OK but many deficiencies. Basically a great tool for yoga but for a high volume business? Not close. Their support staff is handcuffed and you can tell it's frustrating for them. They make changes and improvements to the system based on how many complaint's they receive. W e are not a yoga studio so the work orders we submit fall on deaf years. We are a 20+ year old healing center. I don't know if we have the strength to change management software again. Great for yoga but NOT designed for spas.

Pros

Appointments Scheduling, Email confirmations, Consumer access (Browser only).

Cons

Gift Card redemption's are difficult, Discounting / Promotion options work intermittently, App does not allow purchasing (huge loss in revenue), Payroll reporting is inaccurate (does not save configuration, which causes over payments) , Forced merchant Servicing, Forced keyed processing (Expensive), Forced PCI Compliance (Quarterly). This software is not designed for Day Spas, Healing Centers, Massage houses etc. Not designed for high volume business. It was designed for Yoga studios and gym type business.

Maika from Kocoon

Unjustified and unreasonable repetitive price increase

Having been a loyal customers for 3 years, and having accepted without complaining the numerous price increases, I feel cheated.

Pros

It was a robust software until they decided to cancel all the great features in my package.

Cons

Consistent price increase without additional features or software upgrades. This time, with a two months notice, they announced that if you wanted to keep the same features as before, you had to pay more- which I refused. So I stayed with a monthly package and lost most features which made me choose Mindbody from the first place. The functionalities now are those of a very basic online booking software, and for the price I'm paying, I'd rather look for cheaper alternatives. It took me 3 months to set up the software, what a waist of time.

Response from MINDBODY

Replied August 2018

HI Maika- Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with MINDBODY. We value the years you've spent with us. In early 2018, we repackaged our software based on the common features that our customers used to ensure that no business was paying for features they didn't use or need. We do see that you were able to connect with a member of our team to select our Essential package, but if you do need any of the features of our Accelerate package, we do encourage you to consider moving up to that tier.

Mariana from frckle Professional Skincare

Switched back

All in one software. It was important to me that I could run reports, do payroll, credit card processing, scheduling, e-commerce, and marketing all in one place.

Pros

Scheduling made easy but my favorite part is how much faster it is for me to do payroll. Has all the features we could want and more.

Cons

There are a lot of steps to do certain things and it really takes someone who knows the software to set things up and update things. I know the program pretty well now and can navigate through but some of my employees still fumble around. This could also be due to them not taking othe time to do the trainings included.

Rachel from The Yoga Circle

Perfect for Yoga Students and Teachers

Pros

Mindbody actually has two apps. I'm not sure sure which one specifically this review is targeted toward, so I'll talk about both. Mindbody has an app for potential students/clients that allows them to register for classes and workshops. As a yoga practitioner, this is the primary way that I use it, but it also can be connected to other types of fitness facilities as well as spas. It's a convenient way to find locations near you, read reviews, and get signed up for classes. Mindbody also has a "Business" app which shows the "back of house" view for studio owners or class instructors to use. Even on your phone you're able to check students in, accept payments, get liability waivers signed, etc. It's actually saved me several times when the studio internet has gone out or I've been teaching as a substitute at unfamiliar studios. Both apps are very beautifully designed!

Cons

On the app for students/clients, my only critique is that with one of the more recent updates the "Explore" feature is less intuitive than it used to be. It's still fine, but I just got used to the old format.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,960 reviews