All Vagaro Reviews

Federico

Banking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Great tool to Manage your Appointments and Scheduling

The Vagaro solution has really exceed our expectations, we needed a solution to schedule, update and follow up our consultants appointments and this tools has become a part of our day to day operations.

PROS

Excellent tool to book appointments online, very easy to use and implement. Saved us a lot of money increasing the efficiency from our consultants performance. Our [sensitive content hidden]receive confirmations and reminders, really supporting our business.

CONS

The main issue is the price, I believe it could be a little lower, they charge per user. A free version would be awesome!

Reason for choosing Vagaro

While doing the cost-benefit analysis Vagaro otained the highest value.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

We changed from having our schedules in Microsoft Outlook because we needed a specialized tool that help us become more time efficient.

Julie

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Excellent time management tool for startups and SMEs

Through the years, I've tried a number of other online scheduling tools, but Vagaro is far and away the finest option for companies of any size. Vagaro has considered every detail, including cost, usability, online tutorial videos, quality customer service, and a plethora of customizable features like gift card and credit card integration, as well as email and marketing tools.

PROS

Excellent service is a major selling point for me. Their instant messaging service is quick and simple to use. The program is constantly updated, making it seem better and better while improving its functionality.

CONS

I'm not sure I have many complaints because they seem to listen to their consumers and address any issues that arise. The biggest challenge has been teaching customers how to properly pronounce the name.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Clients' willingness to take charge of their own appointment scheduling over the Internet has grown over time. Vagaro's user-friendly technology makes hiring additional scheduling help unnecessary.

Hestin

Retail, 2-10 employees

Unreliable Software with Limited Support

I was so excited to use this program, but the lack of customer support and the basic functionality of their features make this a subpar product. Considering Mangomint and Fresha.

PROS

Initially, I thought this was going to be our all in one software. I looked at about 15 alternates and decided to choose Vagaro, despite it being a bit slower to operate than others, a clunky UI, and some missing features. Overall, I thought it had what I needed.

CONS

Where do I start..? I’m going to cover their main issue. The application is extremely unreliable and I cannot trust this application at all. I am very good with technology and report analysis. I have pulled various reports out of Vagaro that reflect completely inaccurate information, including their payroll reports. The gross pay amounts change each time you refresh the page - not kidding. My commissioned employees clock in and out and their hours are not reflected on the payroll report, causing state taxes to be underpaid and putting my business at risk. Don’t bother reaching out to customer support because they will shrug it off as a non-issue and claim you are operating things incorrectly. They’ll tell you that a feature request will be submitted on your behalf. Falls on deaf ears. Unreal. UI - The application frequently freezes up, screens lock you into a window, forcing you to refresh the page, losing all information contained. Setup - limited capabilities here so this will work fine if you are a basic salon. If you have any intricacies at all, don’t bother.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

All in one - I thought. Cost was competitive as well.

Thank you for your candid feedback. Our team is actively working with you to resolve these issues. We take your concerns about the payroll reports, employee hours, and overall reliability seriously and are committed to finding a solution. We understand the impact this has on your business and are dedicated to addressing and resolving these problems. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us. We're here to support you and ensure your business operations run smoothly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback and are committed to making this matter right.

Replied May 2024

Keyone

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Oh how I love Vagaro!!

A few words : EXCELLENT, STREAMLINED SERVICE AND MAKES MY DAY FLOW

PROS

I love how streamlined it has become in my work/life balance. It's almost like my boss dictating when I can or cannot have the day off. It just helps in many ways with me mapping out my day and as a big plus I can link it with my Apple Watch.

CONS

Honestly I'll need a while to think about if I had any complaints in the past but for now I'm just gonna enjoy my experience.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

The look and the ease of the technology.

You couldn't sync their product with your Apple Watch

Amber

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Nice but expensive

PROS

Set up was very nice and it was easy to navigate

CONS

To expensive for a very small salon so I went with a different platform

Reason for choosing Vagaro

I didn’t end up keeping it instead I chose another platform

Thank you for your feedback about our software! We're sorry to see you go, but if you ever decide to reconsider Vagaro in the future, we'd be happy to review your billing and customize our services to fit your needs. The great thing about Vagaro is its à la carte system, which allows us to grow and adapt alongside your business.

Replied June 2024

Sara

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Easy Scheduling Software

PROS

User-friendly interface, appropriate amount of reminders for my appointments.

CONS

No major issues for me with Vagaro. Easily able to schedule my hair appointments for years using this software.

Marnie

Design, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Simple and ease of use

PROS

The simplicity of the app. I am able to easily cross check schedules with appointments using Vagaro

CONS

It can take quite a bit to load and sometimes can be glitchy.

Ricardo

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

Great way to book a relaxing mental health day with trusted companies

PROS

I liked finding local places to get spa treatments or massages. It showed me reputable businesses and I saw a lot of good photos to know what to expect.

CONS

I saw some nice spas in my city that are not on Vagaro. Not all places seem to be listed.

Alexandra

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Easy to use! (and edit)

Great both on computer and mobile device. Super easy to use!

PROS

Love when the places I need to schedule an appointment at use Vagaro. It's super easy to pick a date and time and see the available appointments. I am able to sync it with my calendar for an extra reminder, get schedule updates, and easily edit or cancel appointments I've made.

CONS

I really don't dislike anything about this app!

1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2024

Scheduling made easy

PROS

I like that I am able to keep track of all my service providers and that I am able to schedule and or change appointments when needed and its so easy.

CONS

I dislike the function of when trying to schedule and if you hit back it sends you to the very beginning rather then back to where you were at.

Mohammad

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Vagaro is the market place for the services you look for.

One of the great market places I have seen and dealt with. The support is really great when you have a complain.

PROS

Lots of services are available in one place, the options are great, cost is very low, you get lots of discounts, interfaces are great.

CONS

You might experience slowness in Vagaro at times and this is not due to internet. it could be because of the servers but this is rate to happen.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Both systems did not have the requirements, not easy to learn how to go around, calendars do not sync. easily.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Vagaro membership cost is much better, the support is better and it has more services.

Hanin

Reviewed December 2022

STAY AWAY FROM Vagaro & PAYDESK!

We’ve purchased the PAYDESK thinking it’s as legit as they made it sound on their website, We ended up with an everyday of non-ending frozen system, unable to accept clients appointment, unable to check out clients, we have to restart the system almost every time we need to check out client, or try to book a client. Unable to see client signature of the guest side, unable to have them complete forms on the guest side of the Pay Desk. We’ve been in contact with Support since the first couple days we have received the PayDesk. They have been procrastinating the process of solving the issues, scheduled multiple remote sessions to try to resolve the issues, which was a total fail! They requested videos of all the issues they couldn’t solve during the remote session they set up , and we provided, YET its been over 6 weeks of going back and forth of non-ending emails! They’ve solved absolutely NOTHING!! Everyone on the software team blames the hardware team, and here we are with a piece of crap device. They Won’t refund a device that was purchased in JULY 2022, and they have evidence of all the support tickets they’ve been receiving for the past 5 months which is since we have received. I have called and talked to many people who stated each time that would be the last time before they escalate it to the development team, and they’ll take an action! NOTHING was done.

PROS

Absolutely NOTHING! They take forever to answer a phone call if you contact support! Which will be very often once you start using their system! They’ve always had issues solving the issues you calling in regards! The worst nightmare I made a decision to use Vagaro in my business

CONS

TERRIBLE customer service, Unreliable devices, unreliable software, reckless team who does not care how frustrated you or you clients are with their system! Undelivered Services, and they've always had issues when trying to solve " the issues" you contact them in regard . They only charge money for everything you sign up for, but support for their terrible device can take up to 6 months with out any solving to the issues.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Because they're cheaper! however they're only cheap in customer service and quality! they're no longer cheaper than any other company.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

digital forms, cheaper processing fees then! square now offer even better EMR and lower competitive processing fees for Medical Spa

Kyesolyn

Reviewed January 2020

My Search For Software Is Finally Over

Using Vagaro I've found that it puts me at ease and I no longer stress about confirmations, keeping up with clients schedule for services, I am able to get deposits, clients can book themselves according to the availability that have, I can offer specials/discounts and know that they are not only sent to clients but announced on the site. Using Vagaro has definitely help making marketing much easier.

PROS

The Vagaro Software is very easy to use and has a video tutorial option for anything you aren't sure about as well as customer service persons on hand. After reviewing and researching multiple programs I decided to give Vagaro a try because they have excellent reviews, extensive options for all areas of business that allows for growth, reports to follow sales patterns, customization for services and sales, free software for credit card charges when you sign up for services and so much more. Best of all, it won't break the bank and they continuously offer suggestions on how to increase sales and bring in more clients.

CONS

There aren't really any cons that I haven't been able to get help with via tutorial videos. If anything, there are so many options that I haven't learned everything the system can do after nearly 6 months. I feel like the system lags sometimes, but I cannot say for sure if it's the system or my connections.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Ease of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling without having to contact us, ability to customize the system for my business, flexibility in booking, adding and removing services, ease of payment processing and collection of deposit for services.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Easier and more creative marketing options, expansion options, better value

Hi Kyesolyn, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Replied February 2020

Christine

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Made my aesthetic career easy and increased revenue

Excellent! I can be anywhere there is wifi if a client wants to change their appt or has questions about booking or cancelling their appt. This site has saved me so much time, paper with online receipts, and is so efficient with the automatic appt confirmation. It has helped me be very efficient with organizing time, appts and has helped to increase revenues.Very up to date and easy to use from my iPhone or laptop!

PROS

for the client: accessible through an app, sign up with facebook as well, automatic emails and or texts to confirm appts, client may cancel appt, online forms easy to fill out for myself: accessible through the app, very easy to schedule and reschedule and cancel appts, a complete custom menu with limitless editing, email and text marketing, inventory easy to do using smartphone and barcodes, check out very efficient online, always choices, no need for a receptionist and very few telephone calls. Automatic confirmation of appts go to the client's email or text for them to add to their calendar

CONS

In Canada clients can't purchase on the website, although I do use Anycard online e-giftcards with the Stripe availability and clients can etransfer me directly or phone in their credit card for an online gift certificate. Must purchase an extra website feature if wanting more space for pictures, etc, so I end up posting on Instagram with examples, before and after. No feature to post videos, but I understand the site is looking in to this feature

Reason for choosing Vagaro

>Wix: is limited with the menu and didn't fit my spa menu and booking needs at all >Insight: I am familiar with but thought it was too expensive and did not like the booking method, as I have used it at a salon previously >Mindbody: I did purchase 2013 and used for a year when I had a large spa and staff. It was very expensive at the time and I had to buy all of their equipment for the program to work. Best suited for a large spa with many employees, as for myself as the sole service provider, I don't need a program for employee or contractor commission.

Hi Christine, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Replied May 2020

Kelly

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Vagaro Helped control by business

this program has made my business run so smoothly, with out having to reinvent the wheel. I love that no matter what the future hold, I can add on as i grow, or as my needs change, and its SO affordable.

PROS

I finally have the ease of doing that I am best at. I have NEVER liked the "paperwork" of my business, and Vagaro has allowed to excel at being a business owner but with out spending the insane amount of time I was use to using to keep my business running. I love that its like having my own personal assistant!!

CONS

there are so many features, that sometimes i have a hard time locating a setting change, or a feature I need to use, without help. I do love that I can ask them.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

I chose Vagaro because i could get all the features I wanted and the cost was minimal. I also wanted to have 24/7 support.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

I needed something that was more comprehensive and addressed all my business needs, and vagaro does just that.

Hi Kelly, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied June 2020

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

vagaro

Everything has always been great since i have been using this app. I have tried others and this is the BEST in my opinion!

PROS

I love how easy this app is.. My clients LOVE the reminders and I LOVE I don't have to send them! Through COVID this company has been amazing!!!

CONS

I love everything I haven't had any issues at all..

Reason for choosing Vagaro

very easy to use. The price is great ..and the appointment reminders are awesome

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

The salon I was in switched to this and we all went in on it and i have been happy with it.

Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Replied August 2020

Mary

Reviewed October 2020

Features & functionality

PROS

Vagaro keeps all of my client information, services, products, reports and finances very well organized. I've used this software for over 5 years now and my favorite thing is, it's forever changing (for the better of course). I honestly have no complaints with the way it runs, however, if I'd like to see a change all I have to do is make a request and they take it under consideration. Obviously not every suggestion can be accommodated; but for the most part it just keeps getting better and better for a very reasonable price.

CONS

I wish when a customer decides they want to opt-out from receiving email marketing from one salon it wouldn't affect another. When a different business uses vagaro but the client has been to someone else and chose not receive email marketing they don't receive mine.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Convenience at first. Where I was renting it was already being used. Now I own my own spa and don't share with anyone but continue to use it because I'm extremely satisfied with customer service and fuctionality.

Hi Mary, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Replied November 2020

Amy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Best value for features, support level & price

I researched/test run softwares for 2 years, after working in the industry and already using several different ones including for other industries. Vagaro hands down offers the best product for the money with additional features than most that allow for things like customizable memberships and rewards programs. Their service email/call system could be much better organized to be efficient & effective. If they allowed for the reps to manage a portfolio of clients with direct email/phone for questions instead of the constant "zone defense" approach it would fit the company goals and values much better. The customer service reps, however, are generally pretty awesome and committed to resolving the issues. Everyone's time would better spent in a focussed system opposed to the chaotic approach they currently have.

PROS

Best feature offerings which can be customized fairly easily. Excellent price for the value. Live customer support is essential, while this could be better in how it is set up Vagaro staff care about doing good, thorough work to be helpful. That is like gold as a business owner when trying to trouble shoot so this is their strongest asset in my mind.

CONS

The platforms, and even features, are inconsistent on how things are seen & done. For instance, creating a gift certificate through "reports" with a discount shows up on your quarterly reports differently than if you create a gift certificate through the "check out" screen and do the same discount there. Also, the application is different than the desktop in so many little ways that make a big collective difference. --I would love it if they cleaned up their current features to be streamlined. Having beta testers who are business people that actually use their software would reveal SO many little things that make a big difference to my daily "clean ups" for all the goofiness that they don't seem to realize exists in their software. I have suggested this idea at least 10 times to reps.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

I used Square Appointments between Massagebook and Vagaro. I still use Square for my email marketing as I like it much more than Vagaro's. Square is wonderful with fantastic service as well. They are just limited and do not offer the HIPPA compliance, intake forms, memberships, rewards program that Vagaro does.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

MB is okay but the software limitations made all kinds of important things confusing like financial reports. For years I gave them thoughtful feedback but there was never an investment in the software improving in the slightest way. Vagaro is the opposite of this, constantly implementing customer feedback.

Hi Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think.

Replied December 2020