Browse Typeform Reviews

Ciera from REVOLVE IMPACT

Limited but reliable and clean

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

Pros

The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

Cons

The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Much easier to use and customize on back end for quicker and less in depth projects

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Superior visually as a presentation and for users to access, complete and submit [less roadblocks in accessing survey, completing, and exporting data]

Mark from BrainSquall Inc

Great product, but focused more on aesthetic than functionality.

Overall, I'm generally satisfied, but there's room to improve on the functional end. Their #1 differentiator is this conversational, one-question-at-a-time concept, but it is not always the right approach, and they should allow a mix of approaches.

Pros

Typeform has a very nice feel. The experience for the end user is very clean and has a nice aesthetic. If you're trying to look modern and want to have a nice look and feel, Typeform is a big step up from Google forms. Also, if you are creating a survey or form for OTHERS to use, it is great.

Cons

There are some usability deficiencies that were frustrating. For instance, if I want to ask you to stack rank 5 options, I have to create 5 questions, and then present the previous answers, for each one. It's a hack that works, but it's not very smooth and it's a LOT of work for the admin. Also, the surveys ONLY work for external users. For instance, I cannot use it with a mix of direct and indirect interviews in which some are answered by the user and some are answered by me on their behalf. Not only can I not update answers for a user, but I cannot answer questions on behalf of another. Frankly, NONE of the survey tools support this, so the only solution is to build a database in a No-code or Low-code solution like ZohoCreator or others. I think Survey tools should allow the surveyor to insert answers.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Our top reason for Typeform was the aesthetic. Functionally, it was comparable to Google, but the aesthetic was much better. Ultimately, I'm not sure it was worth the cost. SurveyMonkey did not standout.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeform was the preference of our Designer, who wanted to create a more attractive solution.

Fresh Take on Better Surveys

Great. Makes the boring old survey chore, more of a fun choice. Allows us to be more creative and put out more engaging surveys with easier interfaces that result in improved completion rates. The back end is slick. The builder works. It is easy to implement conditional logic and the overall experience feels like an actual advancement over older software.

Pros

After years of using older software, we gave Typeform a try. It is more engaging, more modern and has more user-friendly options when crafting internal and external surveys. Ease of set up is there, and it has great logic and intelligence behind the pretty interface.

Cons

Not a lot to not like, however would like to see some additional analytics. This depends on your goal and purpose, as well as the way you set up the tool. However I would have liked to segment my inbound data slightly different. Not a deal breaker by any means,

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Better user interface paired with the ability to retain all previous features from older tools.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Wanted a better, slicker interface. Less industrial and more with the times. But still needed to offer advance setup solutions and intelligence.

October 2014

Adrian

October 2014

Disappointed; significant number of results lost

Typeform don't make it obvious, but they do NOT store partial or incomplete results. In my survey over 120 people started the survey, only 55 completed it. Partial responses would still have been hugely valuable to me, but they're not available with Typeform. They ARE available with SurveyMonkey. I wrote to TypeForm with feedback. Their response "About the issue with not-saved responses, it's the kind of confusion we try to avoid, asking users to test carefully their typeforms before using them..... we are not looking to implement this feature in the near future" So a warning to people: If any response (partial or full) is valuable to you in a survey, please be aware that TypeForm doesn't store the results until the final page where the person clicks "Submit".

Pros

Beautiful looking surveys, easy to setup, fantastic analysis tools.

Cons

Doesn't save partial responses. Some concern, as 3 seperate people reported not being able to submit at the end.

Response from Typeform.com

Replied October 2014

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. There is an issue around the legality (and morality) about storing answers a respondent gives before submitting. In paginated surveys such as those built with SM, the respondent needs to click on a "Next" button to go to the next page of questions. And in case the survey only has one page and the respondent does not click "Done", SM does not save the answers either. To improve your completion rate, apart from applying a design or making colors and images fit your brand's, make sure to use picture choice and multiple choice whenever possible. Also use Long Text fields only when absolutely necessary and try to keep your survey as short as possible. The average completion rate our users are getting is 55% (which is considered high in the online survey industry) and we've seen some typeforms which follow these guidelines get completion rates as high as 80%. It's unfortunate you only realized we don't save non-submitted answers after publishing your survey, and I'm truly sorry about that. If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate getting back to me. Pedro

Ken from colab interactive

Great design and UX

I like creating and sending forms, and feel good about my recipients' experience with Typeform.

Pros

I love Typeform's stripped-down UX and the simplicity of use, both for creating a form and capturing responses. It's different from other in that it forces the respondent to consider one question at a time, so for long, complex forms it might be the wrong choice. But I like the forced simplicity.

Cons

It's a little pricey. You're paying for a the UX not necessarily features, which are substantially fewer than competitors.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Google Forms is far too simple for some forms, also looks cheap. I don't like sending Google Forms in professional settings since everyone knows it's a free product.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Survey Monkey was too expensive and the feature set/price ratio was off. You don't get much for the money, and the best/most needed features are behind the paywall.

Smeetha from Look-Sci

My favourite survey tool

Typeform makes it possible to create surveys that people want to complete. The process of answering is engaging, fun and pleasant. The data collection and view of overall results is also incredible!

Pros

The layout of questions on Typeform is incredible! It is certainly the most aesthetically appealing survey I have ever created. I have used the free version only!

Cons

It takes a bit of playing around and time to familiarise yourself with the question tools; this is not a major issue and is outweighed by the beauty of the end product.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

I tried Typeform out due to a recommendation and fell in love with the types of surveys that can be created on this platform.

Kim from Center Point Business Solutions

Great tool with features that beat other tools

Typeform was most effective for gathering feedback for a special project where we needed to survey customers.

Pros

Typeform offers better formatting of questions and easier analysis but it all depends on if you want to pay for that.

Cons

We used Typeform for a special project because it had better functionality. More options for the tool might be enticing instead of being a subscription only - like one time use fee or per survey fee.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Better functionality as far as question formats and results analysis.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Better functionality as far as question formats and results analysis.

AWESOME online forms tool

Typeform is the best online form-builder I've ever used. Build professional forms of any complexity

Pros

Typeform is my favorite online forms tool. It empowers you to build robust, beautifully designed forms with complex logic. It's extremely easy to build forms & extract submissions. Form submitters have a wonderful experience completing the intuitive forms. You can't go wrong with Typeform!

Cons

I have zero complaints about Typeform. It's awesome. I'd recommend Typeform to anyone, for any use-case.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeform offers more form features, especially in terms of logic (question skipping, question branching, etc). It also has more design options.

Jacalyn from Blue Ladders Development Group

Great for starting out

Very positive

Pros

Very sleek design, free version is accomodating up to 10 questions and 3 different forms, easy to use and start out with, opening screen (intro) automatically tracks time necessary to take the form- great added touch.

Cons

Have been able to recognize when other people are using the software, even if it's paid. Could be nice to allow people to change the branding and typography on paid plans. On the multiple choice option, there's no way to continue forward by pressing "enter" which confuses people. Having everything be able to continue by the keyboard will help with customer confused on how to move forward in different sections.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

More attractive and branded. More business/professional looking.

Ryan from Compass Creative

Great surveys!

Typeform just allows me to build really beautiful and robust forms!

Pros

I love how nice looking the forms are. Beautifully designed forms encourage more people to fill them out.

Cons

Sometimes, in the form builder, it is not super intuitive. But overall this is a really great product.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeform forms are nicer looking and more professional.

Sapph from Art of

Typeform's user friendly survey UI can also be limiting at times

I still use Typeform on a regular basis but it's ideal for short surveys. If you need to create longer, more complicated surveys, it's one question at a time UI can be limiting.

Pros

Typeform's one question at a time UI probably feels the most friendly to survey takers. It breaks up the survey into easy steps so people don't feel overwhelmed seeing all of the questions at once. Their survey builder is fairly intuitive to use once you figure out all of the options that are there (some can be hard to find). It also has a very helpful integration with Google Sheets so you can see all of the replies there updated automatically. Typeform's logic jump feature (ability to take a respondent to another question based on how they answered one of the previous ones) is helpful as well.

Cons

Typeform's one question at a time UI can also be limiting because sometimes, it makes more sense to ask a few questions together on one screen. For example, you may want to ask for someone's First name and Last name as separate questions, but Typeform would only show each question by themselves, on separate screens. Beyond the landing page if you choose to have one, there's no easy way to add your brand to the rest of the survey (example: your logo as a fixed header) without using backgrounds, which isn't ideal as your logo may look too big or small depending on the screen size and a question may appear on top of it. Typeform also changed their pricing recently so you can only remove their branding with the highest monthly tier. Their Powered by Typeform button stands out quite a bit because its background uses the font color your questions are in (typically dark).

Jonathan from Bold Artistix Creative Marketing

Forms That Feel Great

In my online marketing business, we use forms a lot. We sign-up customers, get logo requests, receive feedback, and more. And being a marketing business, we try our best to make the customer's experience working with us as easy and genial as possible. Forms often break that experience, but Typeform provided an excellent solution. This is one of those try it and you'll see type products. The form builder is simple, the form logic is robust and also very easy to implement, and their export options to gsuite integrates with our businesses flawlessly. And by the numbers, we converted more customers to clients at form-time.

Pros

Very few businesses don't require some sort of form, and yet when you ask a customer to "please fill out this form," they clam up, feel annoyed, and sometimes think of bureaucracy. In my business, we try to avoid forms wherever possible, but it's inevitable. Typeform elegantly solved this problem (my favorite thing about their product) by making forms an experience, and providing us a way to build forms that our customers don't mind completing. The form interface focuses on one question at once, then smoothly flows to the next, giving our customers a sense of completion, and-dare I say it-fun. Typeform also lets us customize forms with graphics/images to make them more gorgeous rather than a bland white or grey background.

Cons

Sharing Typeforms is similar to other form products: embed in websites, share via email, send a link. We use those often and we're accustomed to it. However, we'd love to see more integrations with popular online web-builders like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. Often, these web builders interferes with or doesn't correctly present the embed code we get from Typeform. Additionally, it would be fantastic to have a responsive embed code. With so many devices and screen sizes, embedding a fixed size creates problems for some customers-yes, you can work around this with a popup, but sometimes we don't want that particular experience.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Typeform provided us with a complete solution that not only worked for us, but gave our customers a great experience that defied the idea of filling out a form. We work with other business owners and have often been asked how we make our forms...and subsequently passed on many referrals.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Google forms, while perfectly integrated with gsuite, was not a robust, easy to use, and fun for our customers. There are also excellent math, logic, and even purchasing options in Typeform that we wanted in our forms, but could not get from Google forms.

Nadia from Self

Beautiful, online forms in a highly user-friendly format

Typeform has allowed me to present beautiful surveys to my clients so they can share their thoughts, opinions and needs. It's pleasant to use, both for me and for my clients, and it's fun and fresh in the design and style. I have also been able to get further insight into the data collected thanks to the Typeform analytics dashboard. It's great to have a tool I can use when I need to rapidly create and publish a survey and engage my customers in completing it! I can rely on its well-thought out features and analytics tools.

Pros

I love how the forms work for the user: they're original, nice looking and highly functional. When someone fills out your questionnaire, they see each question individually. Once they answer it, they hit "enter" and they see the next question. The forms are very nice looking, with a good color scheme and font--it's definitely eye-catching and helps the user to focus on the question on the screen. Typeform looks professional and is an excellent way to gather information from your clients or anyone else you need to survey. It's also easy to create the survey itself and equally intuitive with its drag and drop style. The one-question-at-a-time format also helps to increase the number of completed forms, as it's not overwhelming, like a page of questions might be.

Cons

The price is reasonable but definitely adds another cost to your business for a single service that could be replaced by a free product. It is, however, worth the price if you regularly use surveys in your business. For those who'd like to add a logo or other additional business-specific designs, Google Forms would be a better bet as Typeform's branding possibilities are minimal. For my business I think Typeform is ideal, presentation-wise, but I have thought about how it might look less professional depending on whom I'm surveying (for example, very formal or traditional clients).

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

The look of Survey Monkey is not as modern and timeless. It's also a little clunkier to use and re-organize surveys. Overall, Typeform is much more functional for entrepreneurs, particularly thanks to its powerhouse analytics tools. In that regard, Survey Monkey cannot compete, and this was the main reason I chose Typeform over Survey Monkey.

Ian from DOmedia

Form builder? How about "Minimally Viable Product" builder!

Typeform is an incredible tool for testing out ways to disguise data capture / lead gathering as something that is providing actual value to the user. It's not a request for advertising proposals, it is a "campaign builder". It is not an online order form, it is a "savings calculator." Essentially, you can leverage the slick UX to make the users think their inputs are causing something to "happen" behind the scenes. This capability is further supported by Typform's intuitive UI for building logic and calculations into the form. Typeform lets you increase inbound leads and try out ideas for larger (custom dev) web projects with minimal time commitment at a very attractive price point.

Pros

Typform's fancy/expensive looking UX is its absolute selling point. It isn't the most flexible form builder in the world, but it does what it does well and it looks great doing it. The developers clearly recognized the massive amount of custom webapp development that was going into making – essentially – slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms and decided they should just make a webapp for making slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms.

Cons

It is definitely not the most robust solution in terms of functionality. It only has a couple options for how your forms will look, it only has a few integrations for what your forms can do... and that is largely by design. This isn't the Gravity Forms wordpress plugin. This is a specialized tool for leveraging slick UX to make crude data capture masquerade as something more sophisticated.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Gravity Forms are (is?) great, but they require a bit of custom dev work to achieve the high quality look and feel that Typform has out of the box. We use Typeform to prototype new product enhancements and then, having proven their efficacy, pay a developer to make the enhancements to as custom code built around Gravity Forms.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Wufoo is in a weird spot in the marketplace. It isn't as technically robust as the form plugins that integrate natively with your CMS, and it isn't as beautiful as the embedded form builders that focus on creating plug-and-play solutions with a high-quality look and feel. It's kind of stuck in the middle with no clear "edge" in the marketplace.

Matheus from Colmei

The best form experience

My experience with Typeform has been great, everything that I thought I wanted to do was possible.

Pros

Typeform is the best tool for creating forms that we have used so far. It creates the experience that we think is the better one for our users.

Cons

There are too many features locked behind a paywall. Because of that, we end up using google forms even though it is worse.

Jamie from Tennant Company

Industry: Machinery

Elegant and effective forms for many different uses.

Typeform is very inexpensive for the features it offers and people are very impressed with the end result. We have been able to use it for much more than just a simple form or survey. They seem to be improving the product with v2 and it comes with no additional cost.

Pros

Form or surveys built with Typeform have a unique look that is easy to navigate and compatible with any device. Responsive design makes your form work on both desktop and mobile. Additionally, there are several ways to deploy your form. Their copy/paste code makes it very easy to create popups or overlays on your website. Typeform v2 just launched and it is a drastic change from v1, but with a little exposure, it quickly becomes apparent that they have made it faster than ever to create a form. v2 instantly displays changes that you make to your form and building it is as easy as typing in the browser. Along with its ease of use, Typeform offers more complex features that really allow you to expand your uses for the product. We use question branching and the calculator tool to make an inexpensive online quiz for a segment of our users. Typeform also supports embedding YouTube and Vimeo videos and uploading pictures.

Cons

There are two aspects of Typeform that I do not like. First, each "question" only allows you to upload one image and embed one video. I realize that this keeps it clean and elegant looking, but I would like the choice to use more if I want. Second, it would be nice if it supported basic HTML code for things like embedding a video from your own video service. Currently, I have to re-upload videos that we use to an unlisted YouTube account in order to use them in Typeform.

Dave from Grain Edit

Top of class Form & Survey Tool

Working with Typeform has been a joy. The fact that it integrates with just about every other tool under the sun (either through direct integration or via Zapier), really allows you to streamline your processes.

Pros

Typeform is a really solid product with a great team behind it. The admin panel is very intuitive and easy to use. Even if you’re new to a tool like this, you can get up and running fairly quickly. I also love the ability to create conversational forms that allow users to focus on a single question at a time. This is a way better approach that shoving a ton of questions in front of someone at once.

Cons

Overall Typeform is an incredible product. My only concern is their pricing.. Its fairly expensive for a form tool.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Again, I have to go with the amount of integrations. There are several other tools that offer a similar experience to Typeform, but nothing comes close to the amount of integrations Typeform has access to.

Hands down the BEST survey builder

You may not realize why you really need to switch to Typeform until you've actually tried it. There's just something about it that feels more human and welcoming, and makes the survey-taking process less painful and more fun. Both as a survey builder and as a survey taker. There's a lot of form-building software out there, but you owe it to yourself to at least give this a try. You won't regret it.

Pros

Typeform is hands down the best survey builder out there because it prioritizes the user experience. Surveys and feedback forms are a headache to take at the best of times, so the user interface should be beautiful, intuitive, and human-centric. The experience as a survey builder isn't half bad either. The platform does exactly what you expect, like copy/pasting content blocks and the enter key creating an additional answer option. You wouldn't think we'd have to be grateful for this kind of intuitive functionality, but sadly other form builders have made this something to celebrate. The plug-in to Noun Project for icons and Unsplash for stock photos makes it easy to create visually beautiful surveys too. There's also a whole untapped world of reference fields so you can easily integrate other information, like greeting a user by their name and auto-filling in their email address. It makes surveys more human, and that's a huge win.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons when it comes to the survey building and the survey-taking experience on Typeform. The only complaints on our team have been from the more hardcore research types who want a lot of features available for analysis and reporting. Typeform does a great basic report that far exceeds what most people need, and you can generate a shareable link that updates as the answers update. But for some more advanced reporting features, our researchers prefer SurveyGizmo, which also has some more advanced translation features for surveys in other languages.

JJ from Industry Jump

Fantastic software that packs a punch!

We've created several quizzes with Typeform that have over 4 different logic scenario outcomes. Those same quizzes are now collecting over 2,000 customer emails each month (for lead generation purposes). It's a fantastic piece of software that is super sleek, powerful, and integrates with all of the main platforms. It's heavily embedded into our marketing and customer service efforts, and we rely on it on a daily basis.

Pros

I love how easy this product is to use, and how well it integrates with so many different platforms.

Cons

While Typeform has a lot of features available, sometimes I find myself wanting to customize more items than It allows me to do. Because of such, we've had to find work-arounds for several different advanced solutions.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Typeforms interface is better looking and easier to use. Plus, the logic scenarios that typeform provides are far superior than most of their competitors.

Arlène from Own Project

Forms + beautiful design = Typeform

Pros

The first thing that stands out for me when it comes to Typeform is how intuitive and easy-to-follow its form-creation process is. Simply select a field and add it to the form layout. It is a simple as that, really! And yes, you can customize pretty much anything you would like by simply clicking on it. The various templates come in handy to speed up the process and the integrations selection is perfect for enhancing what Typeform does and for using it in combination with other digital tools. The ability to use video is the icing on the cake because it enables you to add a human touch to your forms and invite those filling out the form to take a specific action (e.g. book an appointment, connect with you on a particular social media channel, etc.).

Cons

For some reasons, sometimes, I have not received an email notification when someone filled out a Typeform form even though I did set that up... Remember one thing: if you are looking for a free solution to build and leverage online forms Typeform won't probably be it as its free plan is limited to... drum roll... 10 responses per month!

Paulo from Education

Best form site I've ever used.

Excellent site with innovative UX and great service overall. Can't live without it.

Pros

I absolutely love Typeform. In my opinion, it's got the best User Experience overall. Its forms are customisable, but the best thing about it is the one-question-per-time structure. Specially great for long answers, although all kinds of answers work well. Also for when you, for some reason, don't want the person to peek into the other questions, or have some sort of "surprise" promo or something on one of the next questions. Also, the way the responses are shown makes it easy to find specific information. It's also got integration with Zapier to save you time, and offers many ready to use gorgeous templates.

Cons

Only 10 (ten) questions on free mode. Getting only 100 responses is already bad enough. Come on, if you at least offered a plan between free and Pro, more people would get it (specially in countries w/ less 'powerful' exchange rates).

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

The UX is unique. The templates are awesome.

Shahila from CIMB

Build form and survey with no coding

I my line of work, i need to use many form and survey to collect data from user and client to have the most current and precise data. Typeform help me to do it with easy and the report that can be generated from all the data collected help me to interprate the raw data better.

Pros

Building a form and survey with Typeform is the most easy to do, as it is using a drag and drop graphical interface, and no coding involve while building it. It also has time estimation for user to complete the form or survey which help them to know how much time they needed to complete it.

Cons

Using it with free plan has so much limitation to the tools that i can use to building the forms. I have upgrading to the premium account but not much advance tools in there that can compensate the cost for the premium plan. I hope they can add more feature and advance tools for the premium plan.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeform tools for building a form and survey is better than Google Docs.

Maya from Kenka-Records

A modern and elegant solution to long and boring forms

Typeform is great at what it does, but pricing is steep for a small company. I can do without it, but I'm using it because of the great design that helps my clients and internal staff to make feedbacks and surveys a more enjoyable process.

Pros

The design is the main attraction of Typeform. The logic jump (Premium Feature) is the one that sold it for me. I have multiple different versions of forms that I managed to combine into one thanks to the logic jump.

Cons

The cost is actually very pricey for what it does, just a form provider. However currently in the market, Typeform is the best looking form design and the logic jump is something I cannot do without nowadays.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Better looking design and logic jumps.

Crystal from Surety Solutions, LLC

Generates Leads On Its Own

Pros

We absolutely love Typeform for our business. We have created many lead generating surveys and tools to help our users. We have even converted our PDF applications into interactive typeforms so people can complete applications on their mobile device. Typeform is easy to use, the possibilities are endless, and it is fun for users. We like the ability to customize typeform for our business using our business color scheme and logo. We also like that we can customize our typeform link when sending to clients. It feels less like we are sending them to a third party software and more like they are still on our website.

Cons

The "Calculate" feature does not actually calculate in the sense of a real calculator. Rather, it calculates "points" if you are creating quizzes and surveys. The new Typeform interface is kind of hard to get used to simply because we were SO used to the old interface. It's always hard when software companies change up their tool or give their tool a face lift....it takes some getting used to. New users will have no difficulty though. It's only a con for us because we were used to their original interface.

Typeform makes forms fun!

We love creating new forms and seeing how much fun we can make them. This is a great platform and is a must have!

Pros

The customization and flow of forms makes forms more engaging and easier to complete. We have noticed more individuals filling out forms once we switched to Typeform due to the uniqueness and not overwhelming the individual with all the questions at once.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve when creating new forms. Changing an existing template when you are creating a new form will alter any saved forms using that template. The system should send a notification informing you if you make changes it will change other forms using that template.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

We chose Typeform due to the ability to customize forms more and make them more engaging.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Price and more customizations. However, Survey Monkey has better reports and statistics.

Dave from Silversix, CIOPulse

Beautiful surveys. Platform not reliable enough yet

We've been using Typeform surveys to collect data continually from our customers all over the world, continually, 24x7. We transfer survey data to our systems via Typeform's API. In terms of design and usability, the surveys are way ahead of the competition. It's great value for money too. Where I'm hesitant to recommend Typeform is in terms of reliability. The platform itself still goes down occasionally. In the last 12 months we've had two big issues that have both lasted a couple of days. In most use cases (if you want to run non-time-critical surveys, where an error message popping up is no big deal), Typeform is an amazing data collection instrument. But if your own brand/image depends on it, I think it's going to take a bit longer before Typeform's own infrastructure and architecture is robust enough. Customer care is always helpful and friendly. Just be aware that they're not available 24x7, which is noticeable if you're not in their timezone (CET).

Pros

Survey looks and works great across all hardware/browsers. Ease of use. Value for money.

Cons

Service not reliable enough (if your brand depends on it). Customer support not 24x7.

Zuhairah from Shopee

Creative online form

Pros

Typeform offering the most beautiful and interactive online form that are easy to customized it to our satisfaction. It make the user engaging more with the form and giving them a unique and fun experience even when they are dealing with the business form.

Cons

Typeform should always update and constantly adding more new template and design, so we can have more option when designing the form. Other than that, i have no other dissatisfaction with this software.

TypeForm is a great product, but can be even better

Overall, Typeform is the best option for those who care a lot about the appearance of the surveys/applications that they sent. Some of the options in Typeform are a bit confusing, but this not because of the UX/UI of their product, but because of the nature of building quizzes and forms.

Pros

I like the design of Typeform very much. Frankly, I believe that the main "killer feature" of Typeform is the fact that it looks so much better than all other options, and since it was important to us to have a great-looking application process - that's was the best choice for us.

Cons

The price. Typeform used to be much more affordable in the past, and it's a pity that it is now so much expensive. I believe that Typeform can find other ways to increase their revenge while allowing the entry tier of the software cheaper.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Design, Design, Design :)

Because of the design.

Jared from Kindful

Modern, Smart Form Builder!

Typeform allows us to learn more about new customers about to start the onboarding process while also saving us time by collecting the info we need from them using their logic jumps.

Pros

Typeform has developed a tool with not only a modern, engaging design, but also extremely powerful. You can create a map of logic jumps depending on answers submitted by the registrant.

Cons

Typeform can be a bit complex to use and it's hard to tell if something has saved automatically or not.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Logic jumps plus we already had an account with Typeform for another department.

Ourania from AgentRisk

Industry: Investment Management

I cannot recommend it enough

Excellent user experience! I loved designing the typeforms and their customer support was excellent, something I really value!

Pros

I used to use Typeform everyday for 2 years to design forms/questionnaires and analyze the results and I loved it! Insanely easy to use, great features and great pricing! Also, pleasant to fill in as a user actually filling in a form. Whenever I come upon a typeform today I get a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart for this company.

Cons

There was truly nothing that bothered me. It is so fairly priced and you get so many features. Even when I came upon a little glitch or something (nothing significant enough to remember) it was nothing compared to the value I got out of using it.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

It was free and looked way better!

René from Falstaff Verlags GesmbH

Robust online form builder solution, room for further improvement

Flexible and easy to use way to collect data to understand the needs and concern of our customers better.

Pros

Nice and very user interactive, engaging forms, perfect for mobile devices. Good and clean user interface for building and administrating forms. Seamless and stable integration of Stripe payments. Very flexible, you have all possibilities to use. I recommend to use it for collecting quick feedbacks with manageable data to collect. Very easy website and e-mail embed.

Cons

For me, typeform provides too much playful details and they stick on the "skip from one entry to the next" approach. That means you fill out one question and you have to click to skip to the next question. In my opinion, this is not always the best way to provide online forms to your folks. You have to click 10 times to fill out your name and your address, hmm.

User friendly, does the job.

Overall experience is fantastic, I'd recommend Typeform to anyone.

Pros

Typeform is an excellent way to craft questionnaires and surveys and the ease of use makes it all the better. It just gets the job done.

Cons

Sometimes the actually movement of the page for both the creator and the end users jumps around too quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Google Forms did not have enough editable fields and customizable options. Also the end user view was not as a attractive as Typeform

Best Form Program!

We use Typeform almost daily for a wide variety of forms. Currently, we also use Typeform as a transition until we have our own form for our user interface for a specific program.

Pros

Since we have been using Typeform, we no longer use any other form program. Google Forms on the other hand is unfortunately very bad. With Typeform we can create logical steps that connect Forms with Google Sheets and also build Zapier automations with it. The user experience of the Forms is great, you are simply guided through the form.

Cons

Unfortunately the editor is sometimes very slow if you have several logical steps and questions. Furthermore the own integration to Airtable is very bad, we prefer to use paper in between. Because if columns are wrongly arranged you have to start all over again.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Better user interface and user experience.

Kevin from Height Advantages LLC

Industry: Photography

Easy/Quick/Powerful software that everyone should use!

I found that Typeform made a seriously daunting task into an easy one. Lots of helpful tips and tricks online and I love their service support! 10/10

Pros

I love Typeform for making potential leads convert! It guides the form's user in an easy and professional way. I love the customized look I can give my forms and the support is the next level!

Cons

I own a business that needs calendar sync since my customers are booking I wish it was easier to book clients within Typeform and sync to my calendar.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

I found that the free trial swayed me away from others! I found that trying the product is key to knowing how to use it!

Crystal from Surety Solutions, LLC

Beautiful Surveys - Great For Lead Gen

Pros

We use Typeform primarily for lead generation. It is a beautiful way to capture information from people. It makes inputting information interactive, not boring and time-consuming. Customization is easy, and there are multiple ways to share your Typeform once you build it (embed it, create your own Typeform page, etc) What I loved best is that you could test the "pro" version out before buying AND you didn't need to start over. You can start on the free version, then upgrade to the pro version for free to try it out, and not have to spend time re-creating your content. Typeform duplicates your content for you and allows you to see what you could do to your Typeforms if you used the pro version. Super helpful. Customer support is great via email, Very professional and kind :)

Cons

No cons. The learning curve is easy, there are tons of Typeforms you can view beforehand for inspiration. There's really nothing not to like.

Cynthia from Arizona State University

Great for Market Research

Pros

I am a college student involved in entrepreneurship endeavors with groups and have used Typeform to create surveys to collect research for some of our target groups. I find it very intuitive to use and love the choices when it comes to how I am able to ask the question (i.e. multiple choice, select many, short answer). I also really enjoy being able to see the metrics and analyze the responses we have received on the surveys. Being able to download the results data as an Excel spreadsheet is one of my favorite features! The reports feature is also really nice as I can use that to visually present information/results of the survey. Being able to share the surveys I create is also very easy!

Cons

As a student and not a constant user, I wish there were different packages available to fit my needs. I cannot justify upgrading for more features such as being able to add other people to your workspace, when I am able to get the survey done myself and report back the findings. I would be nice if instead of maybe adding people to the workspace that would be able to make edits and create surveys, that they could just view the results. It would save me some time and help my teams collaborate better. Overall, I really enjoy the basic plan, but would consider upgrading if there was a package that fit my needs better!

Richard from Infusionsoft

Elegant, User-Friendly, and Integrated

I was able to upload files, integrate directly with Box and indirectly with Hubspot via Zapier very easily, in ways that both looked and functioned better than Google Forms

Pros

I love how easy this made the process of getting documents from customers. It looks great and is super easy to set up.

Cons

I sometimes feel limited by the interface, as it forces you into a specific style of form, but it’s not a huge bother.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

It was better and easier.

Talya from Ayurveda Every Day With Talya

Typeform is great but too expensive for my business model

Positive.

Pros

Typeform is really cool and fun to use. I love the feel and the developers behind this software. It's intuitive and fun to create surveys.

Cons

I didn't love how the Typeform surveys looked to my audience - it took a while to customize. But mostly it was that the price points were not good. Only a few surveys for free (and then you had to delete them to create more) or a price jump that just didn't make sense for my business model.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeform seemed like a better option.

Garrett from Kudos®

One of My Favourites

Great tool, great support, great integrations, very good pricing. Highly recommended.

Pros

Typeform is the only survey tool that I can say I enjoy using. The surveys look fantastic, the flexibility of customization is amazing (definitely above other platforms in the space), and it's surprisingly easy to set up integrations or use some of the more complex features without needing too much hand-holding. I have reached out to support numerous times for everything from feature requests (I've sent many of those over the years) to trying to figure out how to do something crazy with a Typeform and the support team is always all over it. Great support team for sure!

Cons

Typeform has less functionality than some platforms like SurveyGizmo, but for 99.9% of people out there, that won't be an issue. One nit that has bugged me forever is that even if you subscribe to Typeform, by default every form you create will include the Typeform branding and you have to manually turn this off every single time. If you pay for the service, the white-labeling should be turned on by default.

Best low code forms we could find

Easy to set up, allowed us to have a professional forms on the frontend without having to write custom code

Pros

Forms look and feel amazing. Has the APIs we need to tie them into our Zoho Creator stack. Great for easy to use internal tools or customer facing ones.

Cons

The reporting on results isn't very intuitive, has a decent search function though and ultimately serves it's purpose.

Best for interactive surveys

Pros

it makes easy to use surveys forms that can be used and are best for communities and startups

Cons

It is difficult when comes to the integration part. It is kind of tough for new users.

Not interactive

Quinn from Quinn Ballard Photography

Industry: Photography

The Design + Capabilities of Typeform Blows Other Form Builders Away

I couldn't imagine using any other form builder. Because Typeform has an up-to-date look and feel and has great features like logic jumps, the ability to add GIFs into forms, and several embedding options, I have been a fan from the beginning. Their style is a perfect fit for my business because it's clean, modern, but powerful.

Pros

I love that Typeform both looks great without compromising utility or usefulness. It helps keep people who fill out the form engaged because of smooth transitions between questions. Most form builders get the job done but look generic or outdated – Typeform is anything but that. I sent a questionnaire to some clients last year, but I sent half of the clients the questionnaire built with Typeform and I sent the other half other clients the exact same questions using another form builder. I got almost an 85% response rate using the Typeform version, while the other form builder barely got a 60% response rate. Exact same questions sent, but I saw evidence that the better looking form (from Typeform) played a role in a higher response rate.

Cons

Typeform updated the form builder several months ago and I've run into some issues where older Typeforms (i.e. forms made before the update) didn't properly migrate or some questions were removed from the form. Even though support helped resolve it, it was frustrating that I had to go back and test/troubleshoot forms that had previously been working for years.

Alberto from Gradehacker

One of the most versatile softwares I know of

Typeform has been one of those products that has taken our company to the next level. We use it for lead generation, recruiting applications, exams to test potential hires, internal team building and improvements, and so much more. It is a really cool, intuitive, and fun product to use. The ideas are endless with how to use it.

Pros

The flexibility of the product is outstanding. You can customize anything and everything; from the question types to custom fields to typeform backgrounds to redirect to adding images and gifs and so so much more. It allows for you to transmit your brand personality and image in every aspect and therefore improving the user experience.

Cons

I do not like how there is no mobile app for this product. Other than that there is little to negative things to say.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

We did not have an alternative product in our business. Typeform is very unique.

Yaco from Yalm

The best looking forms ever

We needed better designed forms, for a client that was aiming for a younger audience. Typeform really improved our completion rate.

Pros

Typeform feels exclusive, like your form is really from another world. Compared to other form solutions, typeform shines with it's stylish design.

Cons

The free plan got downgraded a lot, but the overall quality of the paid plans is really good. I still keep using it monthly

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeform had a better design

Kristin from Sound Wave Events

Happy Customers - Happier Staff!

Typeform is what we have been looking for FOR YEARS. We have a complex questionnaire that we need our clients to fill out and this has made the experience so much easier for our clients and staff. The logic jumps are a GAME CHANGER. The user interface is clean and modern. LOVE THIS PROGRAM.

Pros

Customizable forms with so many options! Easy to use for basic forms - somewhat easy to learn for complex forms. Logic jumps to simplify and personalize forms for a positive user experience Ability to integrate videos, photos, and more

Cons

There is no phone support - only email support. Response time from a representative can take a couple of days. The logic jumps can get a little complex and have a bit of a learning curve if you are making complex forms - but it is doable!

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

This was the only platform we found that met our needs

Maria from Vimeo

Customize to your Brand Standards Seamlessly

Such a great tool, and like I mentioned before, it's fun to use!

Pros

I've used Typeform primarily for surveys, polls, and just gathering data as a whole. I want to start off by stating that this is a fun tool to use. The UI on the site is visually appealing, it's inviting, and it's very user friendly. They've got such a large array of different templates and tools available for generating content that is specific to your brand, and without making you spend too much time while at it. I'm usually performing surveys through Typeform and the pre-filled templates have been so essential in cutting down time on my end to compile a list and type them out manually, one by one. Additionally, each survey has a stats section in which I can view all responses. This is a fantastic tool, and having it all in one place is super convenient.

Cons

There isn't much in particular that I dislike. I think 'My workspace' was a bit difficult to use when I first started. There wasn't on-boarding when I first started to use it, which would have been nice. Help docs are great, but sometimes its just nice to have a bit of a walkthrough on some new features or for new users at first glance.

Katsuyoshi from IHI Corporation

Industry: Industrial Automation

Make tickets with Typeform

Overall, Typeform has been a revelation. It has allowed us to analyze what kind of queries we were getting from both inside and outside customers.

Pros

Our organization uses Typeform to handle both internal and external customer servicing. Anytime we want to have a conversation with for example another employee regarding a certain task, we make a Typeform. The customer service team then re-assigns this Typeform to the other employee using our workflow tool. Typeform is like having a an offline conversation through an online form with fields. This allows you to collect data and make insights.

Cons

New users will have to study and learn how to create forms. Aside from this, I haven't had any problems with Typeform. Not sure what all the fuss is online, but it suits our needs.

Don from Bill Good Markerting

Solid Modern Survey Option

It's a solid platform. Plenty of options. I like the roadmap view to be able to check out any conditional logic.

Pros

It's modern and device friendly. It offers a variety of integration options. It's easy to get your data out.

Cons

Internal reporting tools are limited. The jump between pro and premium was a little hard to swallow and there is no options for any ala cart features. You shouldn't need to pay nearly twice as much just to redirect on completion, the only feature from premium I wanted.

Price, features and functionality

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

It was a toss-up as Survey Monkey allows redirection on completion, but not question logic in their "mid-tier" plan.

Samiksha from Sunrise English Private School

Easy and Efficient Online Form Maker!

I have used Typeform to create online forms and collects data and information from the employees and students of our organization. So far It's performing excellent.

Pros

It's modern U.I. is the most appealing to me. Its easy to use and form making is very efficient. It can be used to gather information from your clients, guardians and students. It's inter-platform integration approach proves to be very useful.

Cons

I haven't faced any problems while using it. Definitely it has room for improvement but I think It's good as it is now.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

SurveyMonkey is a very refined tool for surveys but I like using Typeform more.

Ralph from Grey Orb Digital

Typeform is a fantastic form builder

Overall, it's a very effective tool you should consider using because it delivers.

Pros

They have a lot of templates that you can start customizing right away which is great if you want to save time. And, there's this really cool feature about Typeform called logic jump. The great thing about logic jump is that it allows you to tailor the next question or content to your respondent based on the previous response or answer they chose. That is really a very smart way to get data because the experience feels personalized, instead of the typical one size fits them all approach. Apart from logic jump, you can use Typeform for just about any purpose, from capturing leads to giving quotes; it's that useful. And the forms look really appealing with the addition of visual effects (animations basically); it has more life. The app also integrates with many other apps via Zapier, and via API's too, which allows for easier automations.

Cons

If you try to design forms with mobile browsers on Android, it's going to feel like an impossible task because you won't be able to type using the Android keypad, it never worked for me. So, you can only use the software on a PC. I don't know maybe there's an Android app yet.