All Docparser Reviews

Lee

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Essential for Streamlines Processes

While the built-in parsing rules are straightforward, sometimes we receive a document format that can be a challenge to set up rules. When asking for help, the support team is always quick to respond, providing guidance/samples on the best approach.

PROS

The ease of creating parsing templates for customer Purchase Orders, and a variety of other business forms has been an essential component of streamlining our processes. The API integration to our existing software systems eliminates manual data entry errors, while preventing users from having to learn yet another piece of software.

CONS

Parsers are displayed in a list view, which creates a challenge as more get added. Organization of the parsers would benefit from a folder structure where they could be stored by document type(PO, Sales Order, etc.)

Plastics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Docparser for Business Process Automation

The reason we implemented Docparser was to reduce our manual order entry work load and to reduce errors which typically occur during manual entry. We've been able to reduce our sales order manual order entry work load by 50% which helps us cope with our peak order entry periods much better. We've found that the work practices of our customers impact the the ability of the Docparsers to parse documents successfully. Some of our customers print and scan orders and send us scanned copies so the quality of the documents can vary. We have greater parsing success with customers who send orders generated by their business systems. Overall we are very happy with Docparser. It was relatively simple to implement, helps us cope better with high order entry periods and times when staff are on leave.

PROS

Relatively easy to implement. Very powerful and able to parse most documents. The system is able to do a webhook which means it's not necessary to poll for parsed files although it can do a polled architecture as well.

CONS

Does not implement OAuth 1.0 two factor authentication. We've implemented a fully automated system where customer orders are automatically forwarded to Docparser from our email server. Docparser then parses the pdf and forwards the data in JSON to an outward facing Suitelet in Netsuite. This Suitelet then does a Restful integration using OAuth 1.0 to a Netsuite Restlet. The Suitelet handles the required two factor authentication. The Restlet loads the order to Netsuite.

Gouri

Logistics and Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Good with few drawbacks

Overall, this does what it is supposed for the pricing.

PROS

Ease of use. Setup fast. No special training needed. Quinn from Docparser is always available to answer questions

CONS

Its pricing. It would be good if there is a pay as you use option instead of a tier with 200 credits where we don't use them all at times

AMISH

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Best solution i've found... so i upgraded

I've tried several services now, this got me to where i wanted to go and it works flawlessly with MS Flow or Zapier... so i upgraded and will go full in on DocParser.

PROS

DocParser's approach to creating parsing rules has been the BEST fit for what i use it for. Delve fully and explore all the available methods and you'll find a way to extract the data you want.

CONS

Sometimes line by line changes take an extra second to save and the pages take an extra second to load, adding to the overall time it takes to set something up. I'm sure speed will improve over time, the product makes up for this shorterm annoyance.

Milind

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2019

A perfect tool for business automation

We were asked to build a solution that is cost effective, does not require experienced developer, can handle large volume and could be dovetailed in existing systems. Since simple forms could be mapped by the users themselves a feeling of ownership developed and the acceptance was very quick. DocParser was the unanimous choice.

PROS

I researched and tried several tools available for conversion of PDF to data, some good but very expensive and with a stiff learning curve, while others failing to meet the promises. Then I discovered DocParser. Within minutes I was able to map a requisition and export it to excel. Being so visual, training the team was no issue either. The guys just ran away with it and we tested some complex seemingly randomly formatted PO and invoices using sub tables. Mapping forms for Minor variations was no issue either using templates. Used API without any difficulties. Overall a great product .

CONS

Could not figure out how to build a library of keywords so that this could be included in every form for automation mapping. The transition of document in the three steps was initially confusing.

Reason for choosing Docparser

Both have a steep learning curve. Require sound programming knowledge. Expensive.

Nupur

Food & Beverages

Reviewed July 2018

Unbelievable functionality power packed in one software, Excellent customer service

worth of invoices were processed in 4 months.

PROS

Variety of tools for post processing documents. One can slice & dice the data gazillion different ways.

CONS

Preprocessing documents, especially OCR, may not be Docparser's strongest suite. Having regex capability during preprocessing can also solve many business needs.

Brad

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Fantastic software

We use it to read PDF instructions from our clients

PROS

Saves us hundreds of hours of labour per year

CONS

Not much to dislike - the software works well.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Smart software that can handle everything I throw at it.

Streamlined data entry.

PROS

Rule creation is easy. Rules are robust. Software is very intuitive. Connected app opportunities are plentiful.

CONS

Haven't found any Cons yet. Anything I've taken issue with has been addressed quickly by the support team.

Ryan

Design, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Setup an automation thru zapier to take pdf contracts and extract needed informations.

Saved hours of time and ensured I got paid for every sale

PROS

It allows me to automatically pull needed content from pdf contracts that are emailed to me as a sales rep, and let's me input that into my crm

CONS

It has a lot of options and possibilities, so it's not exactly straight forward, but it is easy enough to figure out

Mikkel

Reviewed July 2018

Docparser is very powerfull in its ways of setting up robust rules to extract correct data

PROS

Docparser has alot of rule options which makes it very easy to create robust rules so you are sure you get the correct data extracted even if the documents are not exactly the same. There are also alot of integration options. I use webhooks and it works perfect and is easy to use. I integrate to integromat with the webhook.

CONS

The pricing is a little bit too high for small business in my opinion. I cannot really find anything else :-)

Matt

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed October 2020

Docparser saves my team hundreds of hours and helps identify new business opportunities

Every month my team would get a 700+ page PDF report with project status updates. Each page was a different project. Some of these were old projects and not of interest. Some were projects we were already working on and needed to keep tracking. Some were new projects that we needed to engage with. Searching and splitting up this document manually was inefficient and we were missing out on important projects. I started searching for solutions, from Python scripts to PowerQuery to software packages/services. I looked at several companies, including Docparser. I attended webinars and had demos. By being able to try our Docparser's free tier with some sample documents, I was able to figure out that it could do exactly what I wanted. I got some help from the user support team and now I've got my parsing rules perfected. So every month when the 700+ page PDF comes out, I can pull out the information my team needs and export it all to Excel. We're savings hundreds of hours of frustration and not missing anything important.

PROS

Very easy to setup because of helpful guides. I was able to "test drive" the software using the free tier, to make sure it could produce EXACTLY what I wanted. This was a huge help to evaluate vs other products and help make our decision. Now that I have my parsing rules set up, it's extremely easy to run my big report once a month and distribute to my team.

CONS

Bit of a learning curve to get the parsing rules set up correctly. I needed to attend their help webinar to understand what I was doing wrong (but then got lots of help).

Reason for choosing Docparser

Once I got started with free tier, it was really easy to test out and make sure it could do what I needed--no "leap of faith" required.

Thanks for your review, Matt! I'm glad your business is saving time and money with Docparser.

Replied October 2020

Jarrett

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2019

Satisfactory and Effective Software (3 months of use)

I'm helping a business owner get organized with their invoices and they have loved the help that Docparser allows me to provide. I don't see my use of Docparser stopping because it's a fundamental tool to the service that I'm providing.

PROS

All of my questions were fairly easy to find in the documentation, and it fit the task that I was trying to accomplish. When building filters, or integrating data, I hit snags—as is expected—but there are so many different ways to extract the important information (and get it where it needs to go) that has all have been fixed. It has a very intuitive interface, and it seems to do all the things that I hoped it would do.

CONS

I had a customer service question that got a response, but then the person never got back to me after the initial contact. The problem has apparently gone away, but I wasn't wild about the exchange.

Emerson

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Extract Data Effortlessly

DocParser has reduced manual entry and given me more time to look at my data and learn my data.

PROS

The ease of extracting data from a variety of different PDFs. Being able to create your own rules to what you want the software to capture on select documents is so vital and so easy. The ease of the integrations to Google Drive and DropBox makes the work on my end minimal once the set-up process is complete. I can now give my data-team an array of data without doing any manual entry on my end.

CONS

At times, the software is slow to load in-between pages (even on Google Chrome, their recommended browser)

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great Parser

Our company receives weekly about 800 transport orders and all send in PDF format, it isn't possible for our client to change the format so we have to found solution for process PDF format orders to XML or CSV to use it in our TMS. Docparser provide a solid program for us and reduce our order entry time but more important the quality for processing is 100% because al is going automatically! Docparser is easy to use and most important they have a good support team, quick and good answer by questions. For sure we will recommend Docparser for everybody but for our competitors we keep it quiet !

PROS

Easy setup and enough options for upload and downloading data!

CONS

Euh after 5 minutes still nothing, it works easy and very functional for my team.

Tom

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2016

Docparser Review

For loading up PDF's that have the same layout, this is really useful. You can batch the processing and get the info you want in return. Then you can send it to Google Sheets, or download it, or send it to Zapier, etc. lots of possibilities.

PROS

Easy to use interface, and also the OCR works well. You can also dump data into Google Sheets with their native integration. They also have a Free option for low volume users.

CONS

Could use some more documentation of how to type stuff and use case. Would love a tutorial video, as it would help walk me through, although there was a step by step in-app prompt. Could use "Paid Support/Setup" options so I can just farm out the work to their team.

Karen

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Docparser was perfect for bulk batch data extraction!

I had a great experience using Docparser and will have no problem using them in the future.

PROS

The feature that stood out the most for me was their easy-to-use bulk batch data extraction. I could not stand doing them one at a time but with Docparser that is a problem for the past

CONS

I did find it difficult extraction data from certain extensions but overall the data extraction was amazing!

Mikayla

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Great and Time Saving

We have reduced our time entering information by half by having only the relevant information extracted so we don't have to open and read the PDF.

PROS

Being able to search for a marker to extract the data after it

CONS

The refine search function was a little confusing at first but with some time playing around with it I got the hang of it.

Reason for choosing Docparser

Am using it in conjunction with Zapier and it was the product Zapier recommends for Document parsing.

Isaac