• icon"It is reasonably flexible, so changes can be made quickly as needs evolve. Love the immediacy of being able to see the results of a parsing rule."
  • icon"Accuracy so far has been perfect, and it is very easy to set up and use. No programming knowledge is required."
  • icon"There are also alot of integration options. I use webhooks and it works perfect and is easy to use."
  • icon"Cost we are a small company this makes it difficult for us to justify at ties."
  • icon"The UI for making changes to the template. I hate the popup box routine at the end of making a change."
  • icon"Probably my only issue is that you don't appear to be able to search through the parsed documents that are stored, if you have lots of documents this can be a pain sometimes."

Browse all Docparser Reviews

• Have you used Docparser and would like to share your experience with others?

Scott

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

So much time saved!! I'm fairly new to Docparser, but can say that it has saved me so much time.

Time and money saved by automating the input of sales lead information into our CRM with Salesforce. It's awesome.

Pros

The ease of setting up a new document is fantastic. The biggest issue I've had in the past with other services is that it is rarely consistent with the accuracy when parsing the information. I use it to pull information from sales leads that come in by email with a PDF attachment that contains the lead information. My process in the past was to have to manually type the info into a spreadsheet or into my Salesforce account directly; which is very time consuming for my clerical staff. I've automated this process by having the email automatically forwarded to my Zapier account, then they Zap it to Docparser. Docparser then works their magic and sends it back to Zapier that takes the accurate information and uploads it to my Salesforce and starts the lead followup campaign and notifies me that there is a new lead to contact. I tried other services in the past, but if there was any variation in the information on the PDF (even one extra space) the information was not accurately parsed. I've set Docparser up and have run 100s of leads through it with 100% accuracy and no need to tweak anything. It is worth every penny and has saved me an absurd amount of time and money spent on paying my staff to manually input the information; not to mention, it allows me to get back to the potential client in a matter of a couple minutes from the initial inquiry time. Thank you Docparser! PS - The Customer Support department rocks too. They were very helpful!

Teresa

Industry: Law Practice

Very effective scraping

Pros

The information that I was scraping was very tricky for similar products to accurately scrape. I was very pleased to find out that Docparser gave me the control to scrape my PDFs in unique ways to get as much of the information off as possible. It was easy to use and absolute perfect for what I needed it for.

Cons

Because I was running this daily I had a lot of documents with the same name in my previous run files. I wish there was a way to filter/rename/sort the previously run files to keep them more organized.

Reasons for switching to Docparser

Octoparse was not able to extract the same data that DocParser was able to scrape and save.

Karen

November 2022

Docparser was perfect for bulk batch data extraction!

I had a great experience using Docparser and will have no problem using them in the future.

Pros

The feature that stood out the most for me was their easy-to-use bulk batch data extraction. I could not stand doing them one at a time but with Docparser that is a problem for the past

Cons

I did find it difficult extraction data from certain extensions but overall the data extraction was amazing!

Rickard

Not for Swedish langue

I've email there support, i did receive additional funds for a test, but no answer what so ever. They say that one should email there support for additional help and improvement, but no answer, on several emails. (I did tried them for a year or two, still no changes.) I've bought a month for test... and still no answers/support.

Pros

+ The pricing model + The feature rich extraction, for all data

Cons

- No support for Swedish - No support org-nr (if VAD ID is not present.) - No support for full lenght dates (in Swedish) like "1 Oktober 2018" - No support for swedish payment methods like PG or PG - Doesn't handle "improved" readable numbers with space, eg invoice nr "123 456 476"

Response from Docparser

Hi Rickard, thanks a lot for the review! I'm surprised to hear that you didn't hear back from our support staff. I'm seeing your emails in our support desk software and our staff was replying within a couple of hours to each of your requests. Furthermore, our support desk software indicates that you opened the emails. Can you please double-check if you can find our responses? Regarding the Swedish language parsing, this is definitely something you can do with Docparser. In our response to you we explained how to set this up.

Replied November 2018

Nate

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

This product eliminates menial tasks

I like it because it does things that Mailparser can't do.

Pros

Automation because it saves us a ton of time.

Cons

Sometimes the webhooks don't always seem to work with my target program.

Reasons for switching to Docparser

I use a combination of MailParser / DocParser

Response from Docparser

Thanks for your review, Nate!

Replied December 2020

Peter

The best solution to automatically extract data from PDF's

Docparser has solved a major problem of getting data out of pdf documents, this has saved us so much money and time, plus the added benefit of accuracy. We no longer have to have somebody manually importing invoices. I have dealt with their support team and found them to be very helpful and quick to respond.

Pros

Docparser is very easy to setup and the integration with Zapier enables us to process all our supplier invoices without human intervention saving us a lot of time and money. You can have multiple document parsers for different suppliers and easily route incoming documents to the correct parser. The documents are stored for a certain number of days and should you have a problem it is very easy to re-run the process, you can even make changes to the document parser and re-run it against your old documents.

Marta

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

I use the software to scan pdf invoices & orders for a retail gift store and create inventory lists.

time savings. I'm trying to bring a store that was operated for 25 years without an inventory system into a modern age.

Pros

I like being able to have multiple document templates as each vendor tends to have their own "take" on what is useful to include in an invoice or order and formatting can vary a great deal. Therefore, my templates are not based on vendor name - they are based on the data found in the invoices. Example file names: "line-qty-units-isbn13-desc-discount-level-ext-dollar" or "line-qty-desc-unit-ext-float" Vendors aren't always consistent from invoice to invoice. They may be using software that resizes table columns to fit the text, which means you have to adjust your table format slightly each time to ensure the parsing is correct. That's easy to do. The forums and Q&A resources are usually helpful and I've found them responsive to email.

Cons

1. The UI for making changes to the template. I hate the popup box routine at the end of making a change. It takes a lot of mouse clicks. 2. I've never gotten the subtemplates to work. (see note above about vendor formats being inconsistent.) Subtemplates "supposedly" take care of minor variations and can be grouped according to a vendor name. Maybe this works for other customers, as it is a great idea. 3. There are a lot of little tweaks to be made that aren't obvious to improve character recognition. Why not start with the highest level of quality (ie. turn on OCR) at the start? If that makes file size a problem for storage or performance when processing a lot of files at once, walk people through how to "downgrade" to an acceptable level or establish a recommended number of files not to exceed some size limit. For example, during a trial scan there were no extra spaces or funky characters in the document but then I figured out about half of the "6s" had been transformed to "8s" - not terribly helpful. I want to be able to trust the result rather than having to proof hundreds of line items. 4. Given the inconsistencies I have with the input data sources, I don't think I'll be able to automate the parsing tasks - such as grabbing attachments from email automatically. Again, I have a small business, so I'm OK with the workaround.

Lee

Essential for Streamlines Processes

While the built-in parsing rules are straightforward, sometimes we receive a document format that can be a challenge to set up rules. When asking for help, the support team is always quick to respond, providing guidance/samples on the best approach.

Pros

The ease of creating parsing templates for customer Purchase Orders, and a variety of other business forms has been an essential component of streamlining our processes. The API integration to our existing software systems eliminates manual data entry errors, while preventing users from having to learn yet another piece of software.

Cons

Parsers are displayed in a list view, which creates a challenge as more get added. Organization of the parsers would benefit from a folder structure where they could be stored by document type(PO, Sales Order, etc.)

AMISH

Best solution i've found... so i upgraded

I've tried several services now, this got me to where i wanted to go and it works flawlessly with MS Flow or Zapier... so i upgraded and will go full in on DocParser.

Pros

DocParser's approach to creating parsing rules has been the BEST fit for what i use it for. Delve fully and explore all the available methods and you'll find a way to extract the data you want.

Cons

Sometimes line by line changes take an extra second to save and the pages take an extra second to load, adding to the overall time it takes to set something up. I'm sure speed will improve over time, the product makes up for this shorterm annoyance.

Matt

Industry: Environmental Services

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Docparser saves my team hundreds of hours and helps identify new business opportunities

Every month my team would get a 700+ page PDF report with project status updates. Each page was a different project. Some of these were old projects and not of interest. Some were projects we were already working on and needed to keep tracking. Some were new projects that we needed to engage with. Searching and splitting up this document manually was inefficient and we were missing out on important projects. I started searching for solutions, from Python scripts to PowerQuery to software packages/services. I looked at several companies, including Docparser. I attended webinars and had demos. By being able to try our Docparser's free tier with some sample documents, I was able to figure out that it could do exactly what I wanted. I got some help from the user support team and now I've got my parsing rules perfected. So every month when the 700+ page PDF comes out, I can pull out the information my team needs and export it all to Excel. We're savings hundreds of hours of frustration and not missing anything important.

Pros

Very easy to setup because of helpful guides. I was able to "test drive" the software using the free tier, to make sure it could produce EXACTLY what I wanted. This was a huge help to evaluate vs other products and help make our decision. Now that I have my parsing rules set up, it's extremely easy to run my big report once a month and distribute to my team.

Cons

Bit of a learning curve to get the parsing rules set up correctly. I needed to attend their help webinar to understand what I was doing wrong (but then got lots of help).

Reasons for choosing Docparser

Once I got started with free tier, it was really easy to test out and make sure it could do what I needed--no "leap of faith" required.

Response from Docparser

Thanks for your review, Matt! I'm glad your business is saving time and money with Docparser.

Replied October 2020

Nupur

Unbelievable functionality power packed in one software, Excellent customer service

worth of invoices were processed in 4 months.

Pros

Variety of tools for post processing documents. One can slice & dice the data gazillion different ways.

Cons

Preprocessing documents, especially OCR, may not be Docparser's strongest suite. Having regex capability during preprocessing can also solve many business needs.

Industry: Plastics

Docparser for Business Process Automation

The reason we implemented Docparser was to reduce our manual order entry work load and to reduce errors which typically occur during manual entry. We've been able to reduce our sales order manual order entry work load by 50% which helps us cope with our peak order entry periods much better. We've found that the work practices of our customers impact the the ability of the Docparsers to parse documents successfully. Some of our customers print and scan orders and send us scanned copies so the quality of the documents can vary. We have greater parsing success with customers who send orders generated by their business systems. Overall we are very happy with Docparser. It was relatively simple to implement, helps us cope better with high order entry periods and times when staff are on leave.

Pros

Relatively easy to implement. Very powerful and able to parse most documents. The system is able to do a webhook which means it's not necessary to poll for parsed files although it can do a polled architecture as well.

Cons

Does not implement OAuth 1.0 two factor authentication. We've implemented a fully automated system where customer orders are automatically forwarded to Docparser from our email server. Docparser then parses the pdf and forwards the data in JSON to an outward facing Suitelet in Netsuite. This Suitelet then does a Restful integration using OAuth 1.0 to a Netsuite Restlet. The Suitelet handles the required two factor authentication. The Restlet loads the order to Netsuite.

Mike

Industry: Industrial Automation

DocParser Rocks!

We are using the email feature with a purchase order pdf file that is sent to DocParser, the document is parsed and connected to a webhook that triggers a Node Red flow and automatically creates customer orders. The technical support has been awesome. Each time I ask for assistance, the response from technical support is usually within a few hours, which is very acceptable.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to connect to DocParser to webhooks and node.js has been very beneficial for us. Having the ability to parse documents multiple times has helped us set up and adjust the parsing rules. The software is solid and very accurate.

Cons

There is an occasional instance where a parsing rule cannot determine the field and value on the document that needs to be parsed. Most of the time this is due to the scanning of the pdf file and quality of the scanned document.

Adam

Thank goodness there is something that does what DocParser does

They have been very easy to work with.

Pros

We need to manage thousands of PDF invoices and were typing up the details manually. We found Docparser and it has been a amazing. We created parsing rules that allowed us to take very fragmented data and get it into an orderly format that can be pulled into excel. There are multiple PDF formats and all could be pulled in with Docparser through their flexible tools. We are converting about 3500 invoices per month but expect this to grow significantly in the future. This tool is giving us a simple way to grow our business because it is automating tasks that used to take hours. The best part is our previous process was prone to errors which this eliminates. In my searching for solutions, I did not find anything else that would do what Docparser does that would be simple, cloud based and affordable.

Cons

It took a bit of time to set up the templates but nothing that seemed out of the ordinary for the fragmented data we were trying to convert.

Amazing functionality

Pros

Has a lot of flexibility to identify data that may be displayed in multiple ways using a dictionary of words to detect what you are looking for. DocParser has allowed us to extract data from purchases and put it into a database to analyze for future purchasing needs.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about DocParser thus far. If you think there is a feature that's lacking I suggest browsing their documentation because I learned I was doing a work around for a feature they had already implemented (different layouts under the same parser).

Clever PDF parsing

I'm using Docparser to extract addresses, dates, and rows of costs and refunds from receipts. The data is processed by Zapier and forwarded to Google Sheets. This allows me to have automatically updated pivot table reports available in the Sheet. IFTTT watches the Sheet and sends a push notification to my phone when new data is available.

Pros

First of all, the ability to extract data with variable text position seems like a small detail, but is actually a huge time saver if your source documents are not laid out exactly the same every time. In another parsing service I had to painstakingly create multiple parsing templates just to accommodate unexpected lines of text appearing above the content I want to extract. Second, the ability to extract tables in a structured format is really valuable for processing the extracted data. I use Zapier for processing, and the data neatly appears as line items in the Zapier flows. Automating manual data entry saves a lot of time, and time is money. For business, the pricing is competitive and in most cases provides way more value than it costs.

Cons

The parsing rule editor does the job well, but could still be improved upon to streamline the workflow further. The lowest pricing tier is a tad high for personal use cases.

Samuel

Developer friendly

Apart from the ability to parse documents, I am very impressed with the integration tools especially the API that I am using at the moment. I can connect Qlik Sense Desktop directly to Docparser API, and that makes my workflow a lot easier and faster. I found the Layout Model is a bit confusing. For example in a Layout Model, when I click at "Add Parsing Rule" I am expecting to see a list of parsing rules that I can copy or create a new one.

Pros

- User-friendly interface. - Easy to use. - Does not require much time to understand the process. - A lot of integration tools.

Cons

- API documentation should have been more example. - I could not find the way to copy an existing parsing rule into a Layout Model. It would be better to be able to copy and alter an existing one rather than creating from the ground up. - For a large organisation, it will be quite a lot of parsing rules; it would be nice if I can search or categorise the parsing rules.

Jarrett