All Hevo Reviews

James Q

June 2022

Excellent Data Pipeline

It was very easy to sign up and set up Facebook to BigQuery. The user UI is easy to use and step-by-step instructions are included. You don't need a dev to get things moving as long as you're passingly familiar with Facebook and BigQuery and can read directions.

Pros

I used Hevo to pipeline data from Facebook into Big Query. The service worked as expected and properly transferred my data. It was one of several services I evaluated for our data pipeline needs.

Cons

I had some integration needs that HEVO did not include, so I had to go with another provider who included those. Otherwise, HEVO was amongst my top choices.

Reasons for choosing Hevo

In the end, I didn't choose HEVO because it didn't have every integration I needed. But for the integrations it did have, it worked very well.

March 2022

Super-easy to deploy, great support

Hevo absolutely made it simple for us to move data from a wide range of disparate applications into a single Snowflake database.

Pros

I like how easy - almost trivially so - that it is to get started with Hevo. It literally just works. The team have made it really simple to start, and include a free trial. Also the support team are excellent. It has great documentation as well so you can synchronise easily from a wide range of sources and destinations.

Cons

Some things aren't as polished as you'd like. For instance, you can't categorise pipelines or sort them into folders. You simply have a huge list. Also, there's no easy way - without programming it yourself using the Hevo API - to manage pipelines in bulk. Let's say you have pipelines for similar databases with the same structures; you have to manage them by-hand, individually, or you have to make your own tools.

Reasons for choosing Hevo

Hevo was vastly simpler, low-cost, had great support, and gave us a single place to manage all our data ingestion regardless of source.

Hevo Rocks!

If I could give their customer service / support team 10 stars, I would. They've been very responsive and patient while I ask pesky questions.

Pros

I really like how intuitive it is to build a new pipeline and get data flowing from an API into a destination database - in our case Azure SQL.

Cons

I don't like that REST API calls that yield the same data are not considered "historical" from a billable event standpoint.

Reasons for choosing Hevo

Intuitive interface, pricing model, ability to connect to custom APIs

Reasons for switching to Hevo

We don't want to create code-based ETLs and data pipelines anymore. The maintenance overhead is way too high.

Good Product

Pros

I really like the ease with which you can deploy the tool

Cons

The tool can get better in documentation and video tutorials.

January 2023

Hevo is a critical in connecting data sources across the org with each other and our warehouse!

Pros

We have multiple pipelines and connections with almost every piece of software across our organization. Hevo makes it possible for us to keep everything up to date and helps to centralize our reporting by brining current data into our warehouse for day to day analysis and reporting.

Cons

We have very few problems with Hevo. If we have any trouble it's almost always related to our usage limits.

Brent

Hevo data for Extraction and Loading to Snowflake

Very Pleasing. I set it up once and I don't have to worry about it again.

Pros

Simple and effective hassle free table syncing between Cloud VM SQL Server and Snowflake DWH.

Cons

Getting Hevo white listed with other vendors such as FTP sites is the first big hurdle. Sometimes I'd like to have it sync a view from my source system but it struggles with this. Instead I make it sync the source tables of the view.

Reasons for choosing Hevo

Simple ease of use. It does what it says it does.

siddharth

December 2022

Good product - used for 1 year

Pros

easy interface for non-data engineers to build and maintain data pipelines.

Cons

the cost has increased steeply in the last 1 year to 3.5x.

Reasons for choosing Hevo

had the most number of sass connectors for tools we were using at the time

Arvind

Industry: Information Services

November 2022

Hevo Integration using S3 and SFTP

Pros

No coding is the best and all file formats are available to integrate

Cons

There is no custom email notification. I receive ETL summary everyday for all the pipelines.

Mohammed

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

December 2022

Hevo- A smart and convenient ETL tool

it's overall a very good experience working with Hevo. Hevo support is very helpful in case of any failure.

Pros

Creating new data pipelines in Hevo is very easy and super fast. We need to just give connection details and boom!!! pipeline is ready to use within minutes.

Cons

Hevo should give detailed information about each run like when did exactly it start and end to calculate the overall time taken.

Reasons for choosing Hevo

Because of its simplicity and easy to use functionality.

Abelardo

January 2023

Great product to be found

Really good

Pros

I really liked that its the only product made for non-technical users since its the only one I could install into my systems

Cons

So far I think it needs more integrations

Ben

Industry: Consumer Electronics

June 2022

Hevo Data saved us

Pros

Hevo Data saved our company in more ways than one. For the bi-directional Hubspot features alone, this tool is worth the cost for us, hands-down. We were able to pull all of our Hubspot data into our data warehouse, annotate, and push back to custom properties and objects. The tool worked so well, we began using it as the core ETL connector for our data lake, and are testing as our scheduled task manager for the core transformations for our data warehouse. The pricing model has worked out well for us. The free trial to prototype how the thing works, and how we could be efficient with our usage of connectors, has also been wonderful.

Cons

THe list of connectors is really good, but not 100% where we wish. In addition, migrations from one tool to another (e.g. Intercom -> Hubspot) require us to do a bunch of manual mapping that is hard; other tools have these mappings canned and are therefore easier to use for that use-case.

Reasons for choosing Hevo

We are using Hevo Data in conjunction with Help Desk Migration, which does the mapping we need for us.

Reasons for switching to Hevo

This tool is much more powerful, cost-effective and aligned with our needs.

The best Data Extraction service for Startups

Hevo was the ideal tool that I needed to bootstrap our data infrastructure. As the person who set everything up I am very satisfied with them and hope that this will be a long partnership.

Pros

Hevo is very easy to set up (the whole process is self explanatory) and has a lot of integrations. It also allows for a lot of flexibility with Rest API and Webhook integrations. The UI is very well tought out and the whole product feels professional. I should also point out the Consumer Service, which is great and very helpfull. I get answers every time I talk to them, and I feel my problems are being taken seriously.

Cons

Hevo doesn't allow precise control of the Ingestion and Loading frequency and times. You can only choose a frequency or specify certain times, but even this one is limited to a certain number of runs. This is our only limitation with Hevo right now.

Reasons for switching to Hevo

Stitch had terrible consumer support and didn't allow for OAuth with Google, which is a dealbreaker for us. The experience of Hevo is incompparably better.

Artemiy

Automating Data Pipelines has never been easier

Absolutely great. In terms of service itself, reliability, customer support.

Pros

It has suited all our needs. - The most critical part was reading Oplog from production MongoDB replica. - Cleaning PII and sensitive data on the fly before loading to DWH - Wide range of sources and even Webhooks (any arbitrary source)

Cons

I might only add Hevo is constantly evolving. I participate in proposing new useful features from my PoV.

Reasons for choosing Hevo

Hevo has beat up all competitors in all the assessed parameters. - Advanced features support (Oplog for MongoDB, WAL for Postgres) - Applying transformations on the fly - Great support team - Nice web interface, API, documentation

Reasons for switching to Hevo

Alooma deprecated support of Redshift since it was acquired by Google.

Making Data Simple

Pros

Ease of use: Hevo's UI is very intuitive and easy to learn. With couple of clicks we can easily build scalable pipelines. Data Transformations: We can write our transformations in python. Hevo also provides out of the box flattening of complex nested json which is very handy while building Mongo pipelines. Quick and efficient Support: Hevo Support team are quite reachable and always ready to help us solving critical bugs and errors.

Cons

Alerting could be much more precise and intelligent.

Matthew

March 2022

Very happy with the product so far, dramatically reduced the data ingestion times.

Pros

Ease of setup Cost Quick ingestion times Ability to connect to multiple sources Transformations

Cons

High CPU usage on our Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL server.

Reasons for choosing Hevo

Better data ingestion times and lower costs.

Reasons for switching to Hevo

To reduce data load times into Snowflake

Nilesh