All Airtable Reviews

Onome

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Airtable Review: Bit of a Learning Curve, but Worth It!

Steve

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Only limited by your time and creativity

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

PROS

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

CONS

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers. A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

Reason for choosing Airtable

We love the wide-spread support and integrations for Airtable. That made moving to it quite simple and we thought it would be much easier than any other competing product.

Maddie

Computer Games, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Airtable is our data management system

Using connections, we connect records in Airtable to other services like Eventbrite, Asana, MailChimp, and more. Workflows are then finished with the help of automation. While it's possible to find a template that fits your needs, it's well worth your time to learn how to create your own.

PROS

Airtable is a simple, collaborative database app. As long as the engineering team isn't too huge, working together on a bill of materials (BOM) is straightforward. One of my favorite features is the ability to create filtered views that are unique to each user.

CONS

When a company's workforce size increases, Airtable's price tag skyrockets. The options for exporting are restricted. Airtable is not the place to store documents. Airtable does not support complicated equations. The user interface isn't always the most obvious.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable serves as our customer relationship management system instead of a cumbersome and time-consuming custom implementation. Especially in the areas of donor administration and outreach, we rely extensively on automated processes.

Gikge

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Customizable project and task management tool

PROS

I love the advanced tools like the drag and drop features that enable easy customization and working on various projects and many teams enhancing collaboration.

CONS

The only downside is that the onboarding curve might take time.

Reviewed July 2018

Airtable is one to watch in the future

Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

PROS

When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks. However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked. What Airtable is good at is creating a database of entries for a specific use, so for example, making an internet registration form where a user can enter data and "register" their interest in a particular thing is so quick and easy to do. I created an application form which auto stored the data into a highly organised table that I could then use however I wanted (I created a league table from the registered users with ease and shared the results of the league as the scoring progressed) - all via the internet, I don't know of a way that I could have achieved this without AirTable, Google Docs would have been a possible solution, but Airtable allows you to add attachments easily (so images, etc) as well as allowing you to manipulate (And hide) data in any way you can think of using Rollups and Lookups - two of it's most powerful features. Once you get used to it, Airtable becomes useful, and I can see myself using it again and again when I want to organise a very specific and distributed task on the internet.

CONS

Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well. It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks "blocks" - which is a strange name for plugins, which allow you to view the data in different visual ways but ultimately it's not as well integrated as it should be and therefore has a limited use) Another thing is that Airtables mobile interface is woeful compared to it's desktop version, and for some reason you can't access the desktop website via mobile. I have no idea what compelled them to make this decision but it's something they need to address in the future. The mobile layout is next to useless.

Traci

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Full of features with lots of customization

PROS

All the cool features are synced together in one software program. I love how it is a spreadsheet but you can customize it with so many other options such as attachments, links, text boxes, images, dates, etc.

CONS

It has a steep learning curve. Two years later I am still trying to figure out all the great features.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Trello has been my go-to organizational tool and I do still use it. I use it more than Airtable but I am still learning Airtable. In the long run, though, I think I will use Airtable more as it has so many more features.

Aomukaga

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Airtable: Event planning and project management

PROS

I love the flexibility that comes with the tool which makes it possible to manage various projects.

CONS

The tool is effective and i have not seen any challanges.

1,001-5,000 employees

Airtable Is Like a Mixture of Excel and GoogleDocs

PROS

Airtable is an easy way to keep track of multiple projects and their varying deadlines along the pipeline to completion. It's pretty much designed like an Excel workbook with columns that can be filtered and grouped. I found it very easy to use, especially since it is so similar in design to Excel. I say it's also like GoogleDocs in that it's a collaborative document that can be updated at will.

CONS

Unlike software like Jira, you have to keep checking your particular Airtable link to see if changes have been made to your workflow. It'd be nice if each time a change to the workflow was made, such as a deadline change, there was an easy way to tag or email the person affected by the change.

Isabel

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Almost perfect

Highly recommended as an overall productivity tool, but not better than your best-of-breeds software.

PROS

It is a very powerful tool, with integration capabilities and a strong game for online collaboration. It has more than 20 features that you would like to see in your regular spreadsheet software.

CONS

It has some limits, especially for regular users. It may function as a CRM, but it is not a CRM. It is not as intuitive as Trello or Asana. Power users that dominate integrations and formulas will find a workaround for everything.

Jake

Telecommunications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Airtable is great for sorting large CSV's

PROS

I love how easy it is to sort, group, and bulk edit csv's in airtable. It allows for a ton of flexibility and functionality to edit data for my customer's accounts.

CONS

If you are in multiple workspaces, it can sometimes feel clunky. Additionally, you're unable to search by content inside of the sheets when looking for a table / project. Also CSV import is a bit tough to navigate as it is pretty hidden.

Saviour

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Airtable is exactly what you need to start using.

PROS

It is Easy to organise and track information in my own way that i need.

CONS

Slow loading and laggy interaction while i was working with large databases.

Rachelle

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Airtable helps us keep organized

I didn't really like airtable in the beginning but as i became more accustom to how it works I like it now

PROS

Airtable helps us organize our projects andtasks

CONS

Automations can be a little tricky along with interfaces

Reviewed February 2024

Airtable for Multiple iGames Data

PROS

Customizable View, and multiple view links that can be shared differently depending on who you want to provide the custom view

CONS

none so far, been using Airtable for quite some time now, I would say I'm very much familiar on how to use it

Reason for choosing Airtable

much more presentable, custom view with separate link each view.

Jonathan

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel

My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

PROS

I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

CONS

It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

Reason for choosing Airtable

This was a step up from our old method of using a Google sheet to keep information in one place. It hasn't completely replaced Google Docs or Excel, but it has been a great service for us to keep certain records that are harder to keep track of on other less complex platforms.

Tyler

Philanthropy, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Forget Excel and use AirTable instead!

Airtable is a game changer! Since we can create views on the fly, especially ones that link to our calendars, we're able to track projects really easily, and communicate changes across our entire team. We even started using it to tracking employee training hours, and it's saved us countless hours per week.

PROS

Airtable combines really advanced features with and easy to use interface, allowing some members of the team to set up a base, and allow others to maintain/update it. This has allowed us to store complex data, but make it accessible in different views, depending on the business need.

CONS

Airtable could be improved with some better formula functions. For example, if you wanted to calculate formulas based on some type of filter, such as an aggregate function, it is very difficult or impossible to do. We usually have to extract the data through their API and then process it for more complex needs.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Airtable seemed like the entrance to learning was a lot easier, and it was generic enough where we could make it exactly what we wanted it to be. Also, our devs team was very familiar with the Airtable API, which is well documented and makes it easy to integrate with our third party products.

Mayank

Animation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

PROS

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

CONS

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Airtable was a better match to our specific needs in terms of project management.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable's features met our company specific project management needs better then Bynder.

Kevin

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

PROS

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

CONS

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

Reason for choosing Airtable

I wanted something that had pre-made templates and something that could be shared to anyone on any device.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

I needed something that didn't require someone to have a Microsoft account and that could be on my phone or on my computer or where I was.

Denise

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Airtable is a great collaborative project manager

My team and I like Airtable because it helps us keep track of all of our clients in one central location. My initial impression was that it wouldn't really make a difference in our regular operations, but now I see how wrong I was. With Airtable, users are able to work with many data types in a grid-based environment. It also facilitates the development of cloud-based apps that are easily integrated with other infrastructure.

PROS

One of my favorite features is the ability to personalize each of my boards. Not only that, but I have the ability to work closely with my team by syncing and discussing our respective projects and making use of our shared notes. It's incredible how many wonderful things there are in the Universe. Airtable helps me plan out my monthly social media posts in advance. I'm able to keep on top of things and make timely social media posts because I plan ahead. My knowledge and experience have taught me to be more methodical and cooperative in my job.

CONS

Every once in a while, things aren't as user-friendly as they could be. Sometimes I'll make my own template, but first I'll look at tens of others to get ideas. Be patient with the procedure; it will take some time to complete. Once set up, the interface is typically straightforward.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

When it comes to teamwork and organizing projects, Airtable is unparalleled. Sharing and storing information in the cloud is a breeze for collaborative teams. Accessing all of your data across several devices is a breeze. Using Airtable, you may switch between a grid view and a list view of your data.

Eduardo

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Once I started using it, any other table option makes me turn off

It absolutely gives me the edge in planning my work.

PROS

Just the variaties of ways to show data - table, kanban, gallery, calendar, timeline, form! Its incredibly versatile and means you can craft it to many different types of people from CEO, to Marketing, to Finance.

CONS

The only downside I can see is that the per-seat amount can get high for multiple team members, I wish this could be lower or to only include core team members in that amount while having 'visitors' that have less access in the document.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Jorform was seen more from the forms functionality, but Airtable had more powerful options for table views.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Excel really feels like software from another century, undoubtedly it is powerful, but it is also exteremely limited in its capabilities.