• Pros

• "The ease to set up it and start to use it. If you haven't deploy any Cluster before, this is the better way to do it."

• "very good dashboards, you can find weak places on comparing dashboards values in one place. Maybe the best solution for tuning databases values."

• "It's the easiest way to septup a Galera Cluster plus load balancer of choice without having no idea about Galera whatsoever. Plus the ontop features like backup, replication are a charm."

• Cons

• "Quite expensive for a startup. We get it, you make it easy for us to get hoked up with the product. But the trial is too short to play with. It's also expensive. "

• "I have no cons on the technical side. I find only the price per node a little high, it should be great to have a better price for qualification and development servers ans also standalone ones."

• "It would be nice to have tighter integration with MaxScale to have more options for sql aware proxies."

Browse ClusterControl Reviews

Musa from Ahmadu Bello University

We start using clustercontrol and stopped looking for alternatives

We are now able to scale up to meet user demand as well as administer our databases from a single point.

Pros

Ease of use is one. We love the features and how it brings some other related services under one administrative control e.g. haproxy. Reports in their various forms and the ability to create custom reports are some of the features we're most in love with as well. Clustercontrols's quick provisioning and decommissioning is a right fit for our scaling needs.

Cons

Customer support. For some reason I am not able to reach customer support via email and for that reason we're stuck using the community edition with reduced features at this time.

Response from Severalnines

Replied March 2018

Thank you for the feedback, I will make sure we get in touch with you to make sure you get the support you need!

Cihat Okan from Ege University

King of the Database Clusterization

Installing and configuring steps need some expert administration.. Because wrong settings may occured to lost your databases.. But with some calm, a successful installation can be made with patient and careful work. After installation everything was perfect.. Query monitor is also perfect for missing database settings.. Our database is almost better than single host installation with 3 nodes in ClusterControl..

Pros

In the first install, it takes harder than console management for MAriaDB cluster for our 3 database servers. But after using its features, I saw that deploy & install zero configuration was easier than using a database.. Inserting & removing nodes to active cluster is a perfect module.. Tools of clusters are better than ever, haProxy, tuning options and others are very comfortable and reportable with ClusterControl..

Cons

Adding nodes and hosts are very easy but I couldn't remove hosts from the active cluster.. There were some errors occured and also I've lost my all databases due to wrong settings.. But as a god mess, I have backups and re-installed it from zero config to fix all..

Reasons for Choosing ClusterControl

It is easy and making easy steps to monitor everything.. Notification mails are also better and show every problem without looking the monitors all the time and outside work.. It is perfect work and manageable everything needed..

Reasons for Switching to ClusterControl

Installation and monitoring was very hard and needed expert technical skills required..

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed the issues you faced on to the product team.

Joseph from Xpressbet

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

ClusterControl Review

We are much better with it, than without it.

Pros

I like the monitoring and graphing. It's a great way to centralize management of multiple systems.

Cons

No easy way to have a free license for testing features in a sandbox environment without obtaining temporary license. No way to see top processes and the resources they are consuming and be able to kill processes. ClusterControl screen refresh can be extremely slow, and even require restart when open for periods of time. Documentation is lacking in many respects on how to's and just general definitions of things are too generic.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We value you as a customer and appreciate your inputs, they have been passed along to the product team

Martijn from OptimaData BV

CLusterControl is a mature and easy to use product for management of database clustering software.

I've been following SeveralNines a couple of years and along with that way, I discovered the maturity of their product ClusterControl. All kinds of companies find their way to optimal data, for example, companies which are operating several database types that all need attending to. For such companies, Cluster Control is a very interesting solution to consider as it automates a lot of important tasks. But also at larger companies like VidaXL with a few dozen database nodes, the automatic recovery features for clusters are a great enrichment for their database operations.

Pros

1. Automatic recovery of database (replication) clusters. 2. In my opinion one of the biggest challenges is to have in-depth knowledge about all their different database platforms being used. The builtin intelligence, advisory and health checking features of ClusterControl helps to overcome a big chunk of that gap. 3. Ease of deployment, in less then 15 minutes we are able to get a MariaDB or Percona cluster running.

Cons

Faster and further development of features for other database platforms besides MySQL and MongoDB would be encouraged by me. For example PostgreSQL features and maturity could be improved.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2017

Thank you for the feedback! We are working to add more features and more database technologies with each release! PostgreSQL is definitely a priority for us :)

Okan from Teknolog A.S.

good software

experience is good you can rely on this software dashboard is great. you can spot the problems right away.

Pros

it gives you a good overall situation overview. you can see current load of servers, queries per sec, node health status etc. the query type distribution is also great. before the cc app i do not know how i managed to keep things up, now i feel comfortable when i see the cc dashboard.

Cons

i can not seem to get the active query log to work correctly. detailed tutorials about setting up the software and how to use features are must. i like to know how stuff works so details about inner workings should exist in a humanly understandable format. more details about what is going on right now would be great for eg. the connection count where does all that connection come from which IP or dbuser. things like that would increase the value of the product undoubtedly.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I recommend opening a support ticket to ask your questions re the query log, I'll bet we can help you figure it all out.

Zsótér from IT Services Hungary

Feedback for ClusterControl

Really ideal for managing of database. Easy to use, it has many great options (like host failure detection, etc). We can implement to deployment (using docker compose file) without any problem.

Pros

I've looked for a sofware for supporting database of AWX environment. I really liked to ensure a smoothly operation regarding AWX. The datase availabiliy is fundamental, too. I planned a master-slave database (plsql) cluster and created everything using docker comopose file. I think, really easy to use this software and is able to support this database cluster enviroment. Very useful if we can check the perfomance data (of database node) real-time, and add or remove node to/from cluster.

Cons

I would have liked to add a pre-configured slave database node/image (using docker-compose file, with unique postgresql configuration) and I ran into some errors - meanwhile the new slave host has been added via ClusterControl. I could fix everything but wasn't easy to guess (from error message) what the real problem is.

Reasons for Choosing ClusterControl

Very good documentation, good feedback from community, many useful feature/tool/option has been implemented in ClusterControl.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2020

Thank you for feedback, I've passed your ideas to the Product team

Alexander from Playtika

Industry: Computer Games

very good cross platform tool

maybe this is the best solution, even community version, for DB tuning!

Pros

Cons

1. you couldn't skip some alerts. For example, you have alert from category DBHealth about Use wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup-v2 instead. But I don't like to use it and I don't like to skip all the warnings of DBHealth category . 2. It could be better if there was a line, across all dashboards. So for example, you put your mouse point on one place of dashboard and the line shows the statement on other - this would be really good. 3. Not good, that you don't show prices for commercial solutions( But You have made something really cool

Response from Severalnines

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass it along to the product team

Christian from Fraunhofer Gesellschaft

Industry: Research

Galera Cluster Made easy

We evaluated owncloud vs nextcloud in enterprise scale (5000+) users and the documentation told us to use a Galera Cluster but we did not had any idea about how to set it up. So we needed a quick way to set it up w/o studying the docs for hours. The I discovered ClusterControl, installed it and followed the guide in the docs and what should I say, we had a 3 node Galera Cluster with load balancer in front in less than 30 minutes. It was ridiculous (in a positive way).

Pros

Cons

The UI feels a bit crowded at first, so one has to dig around a bit before one finds the right place.

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Id love to know what we could do to get those two points from you!

Mohammed from Information Evolution

ClusterControl is an all in one database management platform with a tons of features

Pros

We have tested the cluster control tool trial. It's loaded with tons of database management features and it is reliable. Some of the key features of this tool is as follows. Easy to deploy and manage production database systems. Advanced Auto recovery during node failures. Database servers can be scaled and managed easily. Multi node cluster support. Galera support for MySQL. MongoDB replication and Sharding clusters. Scheduled auto backup. Advanced database monitoring with integrated tools to gain insight from metrics. Excellent support team.

Cons

Need to include features for managing other DBMS and NoSQL database like Hbase etc.

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your review, We appreciate the feedback on adding new databases, feel free to reach out directly with your recommendations and we will take a look.

Florin from Kendart Systems

CC review (Kendart Systems )

Very good and would have liked to acquire a full license however right now our budget is very restricted.

Pros

The ability to have a single point of truth with RDBMS based clusters, in terms of HA, SSL traffic, backup activities, etc.

Cons

ACLs integration with LDAP based directories could be better.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your feedback on LDAP, as for pricing, talk to our sales team we have several license options that might better fit your budget.

Michel from European Broadcasting Union (EBU)

Very easy to deploy a cluster, also it facilitates administration and monitoring.

Pros

The numerous templates that facilitates the deployment of servers, the configuration of cluster, proxies, keepalive service and also the planning of backups. It is the little brother of Oracle Enterprise Manager software that I did used before for oracle databases

Cons

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2017

Thank you for your review and feedback! We deeply value you as a customer and hope to continue to work with you in the future! We are always evaluating our pricing structures and will continue to try to find the balance between our clients value and our pricing.

Sascha from EZOS.Hosting

Install it once, and be prepared to enjoy database stability and scalability forever!

The software allowed us to easily install a database cluster and hand it over to the customer on a very tight budget so he can himself keep an eye on it whenever he likes. The stability of the software is great!

Pros

It just works! In 22 years of web development, I have never come across a software that gave such a positive experience in the long run! You can almost install and forget about it, except that you should never forget about an installed piece of software as an administrator.

Cons

I don't like to see notices like "Detailed Alarm notifications are not available in the Community Edition.". I understand the need for an upsell, but I'd prefer if they would make it more subtle.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2017

Thank you for the feedback and great review! We definitely understand your frustration with the notifications, we think the Dev Studio notifications, chat integrations and monitoring alerts are some pretty neat features too. We do, however, offer the ability to do query monitoring and let you create custom advisers to aid in your monitoring efforts.

Neil from PCCS Group Ltd.

Pleasure to use, shows me exactly what is going on in my clusters

Pros

The graphing, ability to check error logs centrally. The fact it sends out alerts for issues and an alert when the issue is resolved.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I do not like about this software. If I had to give one thing I would say it would be nice have themes for the Overview as I prefer a darker screen.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2017

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate having you as a ClusterControl user. Make sure to check out the Developer Studio where you can write custom scripts to monitor and send alerts about specific things you might care about.

Asparuh from eMerchantPay

I am very satisfied with the trial - features, complete documentation, great MySQL/Galera resources.

We have a lot of features similar to Oracle Enterprise Manager for MySQL. Without a tool like S9S ClusterControl it will be very hard to perform realtime monitoring, to be productive and to act proactively. There are nice gadgets integrated with the tool which could help to the DBA's tasks.

Pros

Ability to monitor and control all the clusters at one place and notify you in case of trouble. We are thankful for the extended trial and the free customer support for that time. There was also nice dedicated tech demo for our team, which help us a lot to evaluate the product.

Cons

There are some limitations and missing features compared to some other DBA tools, but I believe S9S team is working hard to enrich the application and they are listening to their customers. Price schema compared to competitors is not so flexible (it is a bit costly to monitor large number of servers), but I believe that the S9's sales team could negotiate in order to successfully close the deal.

Response from Severalnines

Replied March 2018

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated!

Cory from Xpressbet Inc

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Great product to assist in DB Cluster setup and overview

Overall very happy with Several Nines and Cluster Control and I am happy our company engages with them.

Pros

* Easy to setup a new cluster or adding a node to a cluster * Easy to check the status variables of all nodes via the web dashboard

Cons

* my.cnf file templates are difficult to maintain or add to the system * Upgrading to new version usually causes hand full of issues * Creates zombie threads in Centos that have to be cleaned up with a deamon restart

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thank you for the review, we're so grateful to have you as a customer and value your inputs! I passed your feedback on to the product team.

Jeffrey from Results generation

Great software for managing databases

So far we have only done an initial evaluation of ClusterControl and found it to be very good, but too much is changing with our backend systems right now to move forward with any possible purchase decisions. That being said we definitely see where it can solve some of our biggest problems that we have encountered with our MySQL database.

Pros

Makes many tasks that are typically very difficult very easy like monitoring, automatically failing over in case of a server problem, building new database servers and managing replication.

Cons

Response from Severalnines

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your feedback on increasing Maxscale integration, I will pass it along to our Product team

enjoying using this software since it is very helpful and interactive software

Data management

Pros

i like cluster control due to its ability to centralize the communication from both analog and digital I/O . Monitoring system activities is easy Eg managing data record on a large scale like data for organization which could have been tedious to handle.

Cons

involves keen and logical thinking and has got limitations in diffrent environments in which the software is working for example When using windows CE. when a control overlaps the cluster shell in a Touch Panel VI, the entire control is still completely visible when you build the VI into an application. If the control is completely outside the cluster shell, the control will not be not visible.

Response from Severalnines

Replied March 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed it along to the Product team For reference here is a link of the browsers we support https://severalnines.com/docs/requirements.html#supported-browsers

Adnan from Grid Telekom

Industry: Information Services

It's a amazing software

I configured and managed Galera Cluster with cluster control, it's most successfull.

Pros

It's completely working without manuel configuration. It's very successful for fail over scenerio

Cons

Price is so high Maybe support is not enough

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thank you for the feedback on our pricing, we feel we are pretty competitive with the market but it's always hard in an open source world. Feel free to reach out to us we may be able to work a deal that works for both of us.

Kenneth from Noteabout

Easy clustering of sql servers

Pros

Navigation and ease of use. Cluster control is one of the most robust server control when it comes to RDS.

Cons

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2017

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it. We can definitely extend your trial (which we do on a case-by-case basis) to make sure you have all the time you need to justify the spend. We are also working on a startup program to provide some more creative ways of introducing it into your organization, if you're interested in piloting it with us give us a shout :)

Javier from SMSPUBLI MOBILE MARKETING S.L.

The quickest way to deploy a good Cluster in a few steps.

I start to use it without know any about this type of clusters, thanks to this I setted up my first MySQL Cluster and it introduce me to this scope.

Pros

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2017

Thank you for the review! That is exactly what we want to hear as we think ClusterControl is great for the SysAdmin or DevOps folks who aren't familiar with clustering but need to get it done :)

Excellent piece of software

Makes life as a DBA easy.

Pros

Excellent piece of software. Enables us to control all our servers across the enterprise and monitor server health easily.

Cons

Can sometimes be a little cludgy when adding single instances. Postgresql support very limited and only monitors very basic streaming replication.

Response from Severalnines

Replied October 2017

Thank you for the positive review and also for the feedback. When it comes to PostgreSQL we have a lot in the works to support it more!

Glyn from LexisNexis Risk

Great as a basic monitoring and dashboard tool

Easy visibility of multiple Galera clusters.

Pros

Excellent support for MySQL and Galera clustering, really ahead of the game here and nicely done.

Cons

Very Naive monitoring of PostgreSQL systems, only seems to support the most basic of streaming replication setups.

Response from Severalnines

Replied March 2018

Thanks for your feedback, we are working at beefing up our PostgreSQL support!

Stephen from DevEire

Not fully tested

Pros

I loved the trial I had of cluster control. It provides an aws rds type layer on top of a galera cluster. It also promises cluster recovery in the event of crashed nodes.

Cons

I didn't get a chance to fully test all of the features so I can't comment as to the reliability of all the promised functionality.

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the feedback, hope you get to spend some more time with the product in the future!

Raul from Intergraph Computer Services

My honest review of CC 1.7.1

Gets job done hands down

Pros

Very simple to operate Intuitive Great support

Cons

Nothing significant comes to my mind, no cons yet

Response from Severalnines

Replied March 2019

Thank you for the feedback, if you run into any issues remember you have Enterprise support during your trial period

Juan from Stonemor Partners

Amazed.

Ease of use. Being able to have my Kubernetes Galera clúster auto discovered. Graphs and insight to my cluster.

Pros

I love how intuitive the interface is. Also, how easy it is to move around and find the things I need. Love the product.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2017

Thanks for the great feedback, Juan, it's much appreciated. If you're also using Docker, look out for some future updates, which we'll publish soon. Cheers, JJ - Severalnines Team

Marcus from Your Secure Cloud GmbH

Great and easy to use software

We're using ClusterControl to manage our Galera Cluster, or better, ClusterConrtol cares about our Galera Cluster so we can focus on our main tasks.

Pros

ItÄs easy to configure and once setup, you dont need to care about it. Everything will be done automatically without deep knowledege for MySQL / Galera Clusters.

Cons

The Pricing could be better / support Start-Ups.

Response from Severalnines

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we are always looking at ways to improve our pricing model so please make sure you talk with our sales reps as there are quantity and other discounts available.

ABILASH from Alten Calsoft Labs

Cluster Control- One of the best all in 1 DB system

Enterprise solutions - multi tenant, multi vendors

Pros

Great usability and feature rich with umpteen DBs in one place Good in monitoring and scalability

Cons

More help or info in the GUI would be great

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thank you for the feedback on the UI, we've made a ton of changes this year and plan on many more to make it more user friendly

Giovanny from Independent

Great experience for devops

To test different distributions and different infrastructure layouts was very easy using cluster control, even with the community version

Pros

Ease of use, monitoring and backup features

Cons

Couldn’t find how to change some configuration settings like the replication lag

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the kind words!

Its good, still not fulfil some functionality which required for big production.

Pros

Its really did many important tasks efficiently. I liked the auto recovery option, backup verification, Restore option, auto upload to cloud. Migration processes very smooth.

Cons

60% ability to handle big production system. The backup operation still has many missing issues which we need to handle big database. Job Schedule functionality is a single thread. Graphs and Optimisation are not perfect for high load environment. Don't have checkup option. I found some major bug like add a new node which is not cloning my my.cnf configuration as like others nodes hand. CC generate a default configuration which had a bug and I was not able to deploy a new node. Without test related this type of updates is very unexpected.

Response from Severalnines

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. Regarding adding new nodes, we base the configuration from a template. Not sure if you had updated the template, but we have added better help texts in version 1.6.1. Thanks again, we will pass it along to the product team :)

Francisco from Rogers

Complete solution for Database provisioning and monitoring

ClusterControl helped me having a default provisioning process for my MySQL database and gave me a deeper vision on what is happening on the service

Pros

ClusterControl has default dashboards that come with a really useful variety of graphs that helps the DBAs to analyze what is happening with the databases

Cons

I couldn't see what are the limitations of the Community version as I had a free trial during my tests I feel like it's missing an option to turn off the free trial and test the limited Community version

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your review! We are constantly working on our user experience, including making it clearer to differentiate Community vs Enterprise. I have passed your feedback onto the product team

Paul from Dunnes

Very beneficial to deploying and managing a n+3 architecture

Pros

Great for managing and deploying a high availability infrastructure. Also find the interface very easy to manage

Cons

Cost is one limitation, especially when budgets are tight. Integration with devops tools like gitlab would be beneficial

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2017

Thanks for the recommendation on gitlab, will pass that onto the team!

Yuriy from FinTech Band

ClusterControl 1.6.2 vs MongoDB and MySQL\PerconaDB\GaleraCluster

Easy to deploy and use system.

Pros

ease of use, deployment, configuration and monitoring good support for MongoDB and MySQL\PerconaDB\GaleraCluster quite user-friendly web interface

Cons

1)lack of ability to import non-standardly deployed instanses of MongoDB 2)Insufficient management capabilities for database, tables, user roles and rights in MySQL

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed your feature requests along to the product team! :)

Amar from iboss tech solutions pvt ltd

Best product

i am much impress by using this cc. its provide easy steps to add sql server under single cluster.. i am impressed.

Pros

This is the best product to support SQL cluster and it provide very easy interface to manage the cluster. I always would like to prefer this when my company will setup the sql/mysql cluster in our infrastructure.

Cons

interface and easy to add. interface is good enough.. its provide many option which provide admin time to run a command over this.

Response from Severalnines

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your trying out our product and hope you can use it in your infrastructure!

A must have for database management

I use ClusterControl to deploy and manage galera cluster of my clients. Saved so much time deploying and monitoring clusters with CC.

Pros

Easy to use. You can create a cluster and monitor your database with ease ! No need to worry about boring configuration, CC do the work.

Cons

Price per node is a little bit to expensive but worth it

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2018

Thank you for the review, we are very grateful for your kind words!

Lean and clean

Good experience

Pros

Comprehensive and efficient tool to manage a cluster of Galera servers.

Cons

a few tuning hints would have been great.

Response from Severalnines

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the feedback!

ClusterControl

SeveralNines provides helpful insights to database management in their blogs/articles. Their support is professional and knowledgeable.

Pros

The automated features of setting up cluster nodes, maintaining them with auto fail over, maintenance upgrades make management a breeze.

Cons

Pricey for small businesses. Community version missing some of the automated features that would make it viable for small businesses.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We feel that our pricing in competitive with the market but understand the small business challenge. I hope you spoke with our sales team as we may have been able to work with you on it.

Chris from Infinittex

A moderate Cluster Control web application with great potential.

A good attempt to fellow developers for creating a tool for making a part of the DevOps much easier. However, has a long path to walk...

Pros

- Cloud based - Easy deployment - Zero configuration

Cons

- A lot of functionalities don't work (e.g. import a cluster) - False alarms on various event (already opened issue still no actions taken)

Response from Severalnines

Replied June 2020

We're sorry you were able to get ClusterControl operating on LXC. It's, unfortunately, not a supported environment and we haven't done any testing on it. Because of this, we're not surprised you had issues. Our support team reached out ot you on the 22nd but we didn't get a response. Please reach back out to our support if you would like to talk about it more.

Jose Eduardo from Brinapptics

A nice software for System Admins

It's fine, we've been using it to create and monitor a MariaDB Galera cluster, with perfect results

Pros

The capability of creating a DB cluster with minimun effort

Cons

The high price of the non-free version, that is too much for a start-up, even with their special plan for small companies.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed it along to our leadership team

Stephane from Lou Brusc

Really good solution !

Before trying ClusterControl, I installed my MariaDB Galera clusters manually. it was longer and I haven't a real time monitor with the Web GUI.

Pros

I like the simplicity to install and manage clusters. The GUI is splendid and readable. Nodes management and dashboard are a plus compared to manual install and management. Adopted ! :)

Cons

I don't really find features missing. I will need more time to appreciate pros and cons in depth. 30 days free trial is not enough. 60 days would be better ;)

Kamal from Petiak System

My Experience about cluster control

Pros

- Ease of installation - Good documentation - Ease of cluster recovery - Very good GUI - Very good monitoring features

Cons

- Community version don't have essential features like adding new nodes

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thank you for the feedback, Deployment should have allowed you to add a clustered setup with the community version but feel free to open a support ticket if you are running into issues

Brandon from Quality Network Consulting

I couldn't get your software to work in my deployment.

After attempting to use this software I benefited from the experience of deployment of my cluster manually.

Pros

I didn't pay any money to use your products. Your user interface is very pretty. You're software installed easily. Everything would have been great if it deployed my cluster.

Cons

Your product did not implement the cluster in my deployment. I ended up deploying the cluster manually.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2017

Very sorry you weren't able to get the cluster working. I wish you had contacted our team as we offer 24/7 support during the enterprise trial period to ensure everyone get's up and running, I hope you'll give us another chance :)

Good Product But....

good function for trial user.

Pros

you had good interface good function but eitherway i think we can not afford for each database with those price even you discount it with current business condition (self assumption).

Cons

i just trial user. still those function help me create master and slave easily and monitor those postgre master & slave

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your feedback, We do not charge by the database but by the node and we offer special packages for startups. Talk to our sales team, we may be able to work within your budget

Judge from TSB New Zealand

Great product, large price

Overall the solution is great. The interface was intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Being able to implement IaaS services on premise or private cloud, across differing technology stacks is awesome. Preventing vendor lock in while enabling functionality is great.

Cons

Unfortunately my organisation wasn't prepared to spend the necessary funds for the product, despite it's functionality.

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thank you for your feedback, sorry your organization sees us as cost prohibitive. I hope you spoke with our sales to see if we can work something out.

Great product, easy to use

None yet

Pros

It's rich features such as mysql failover, alerts and high availability. Moreover roles of users foynd to be useful too.

Cons

Price is quite high knowing that it works on open source technologies. Price model could be reviewed.

Response from Severalnines

Replied March 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we're glad you are taking advantage of our HA functions. I will pass your pricing feedback to the management team

Mouhsen from shamra

Easy to use and gives lots of information to help in database management and monitoring.

Pros

I like its free version used for monitoring and deploying database clusters. The query analyzer is great to get an idea about the type of queries running on the database servers and their execution time. The advisors panel gives a quick and nice advice about the status of the cluster and how it can be improved.

Cons

I think it must provide graphs for query response time as this time is the most important measurement of performance. The update process using ansible role was not so helpful so I needed to update using the shell script.

Pascal from SherWeb

Best Cluster Manager

Was a breeze to install and setup. Lots of fun and power!

Pros

Easy to use, it just works and support is top notch.

Cons

Still not fully cloud compatible. Works with public clouds, we are a CSP and would like to have multi-tenant functionalities.

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the great comments and feedback, we have a great deal of cloud integration on the roadmap, if you have specific requests please send them to us through a support ticket.

Jati from Gamatechno

Review ClusterControl

Pros

The most i like about this software is the easier to deploy a database cluster with its loadbalancer in only some few steps. I don't need to enter each machine to configure. In other side, clustercontrol also help me to monitor the database cluster realtime and warn me when the cluster goes wrong. really great app

Cons

One thing that severalnines team to improve this software is about the ability to install the cluster without disabling the selinux and/or firewall. Because in this release version, I still need to reenable the selinux and firewall after installation is success.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your input and I will pass it along to the product team.

Johnson from SHCT

Friendly and easy to manage

Pros

I like the keep active, HA and replication features

Cons

Not supported with latest release of ubuntu 20, i spend time troubleshooting when i check the documents I found it's not yet supported.

Response from Severalnines

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed your request for Ubuntu 20 support to the product team

It's easy to use and maintain with minimal effort. It also decreases the overall time of deployment.

Pros

Wide range of db support and ease of use. Overall deployment time of database clusters in large environments has decreases significantly.

Cons

Support for more products. Current it only works with Mongo db and myself but I could be a great tool for other dbs.

Response from Severalnines

Replied March 2018

Thanks for your feedback, I think you meant MySQL (not myself) but we do also support PostgreSQL!

Davide from Hitachi Systems CBT S.p.A.

HA for everyone

Using Postgres as an enterprise platform is no more a pain.

Pros

ease of use rapidity of deployement supported platforms monitoring tools

Cons

nothing, the product is really cool. I managed creating a two nodes cluster using postgres in less than two hours.

Response from Severalnines

Replied August 2018

Thank you for the feedback, we're planning on adding a lot more support for PostgreSQL in the near future so stay tuned!