• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and the search feature is one of the best I have used."

• "Very fast data adjustment and very good administration tools"

• "Completely up to date, fast and good support, easy to use"

• Cons

• "Once is a while there is an error...but it is handled without impact and reported."

• "Not totaly compatible with a HD screen. (but the support told me it's coming in the next version)."

• "Referring to all products, Really nothing. The only negative thing is the customer portal. It could be a little bit user friendly."

Browse dbForge Studio Reviews

Dinand from Sommite Information Systems

Can't do without it

I'm using dbForge on a daily basis and to be frank, I can't do my job without it. When I'm on a server without it, I install at least the express edition because the way dbForge supports writing queries is unmatched.

Pros

It's a one stop tool for my database tasks

Cons

Sometimes it crashes when I accidentally press F10

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

dbForge is completer, more robust and more affordable. But above all, dbForge is more intuitive

Scott from SunPath

Great SSMS replacement for MySQL newbies

So, for the record I'm an MSSQL guy from way back, and SSMS is my friend. I've been using it forever, and I think it's perhaps one of the best free pieces of software on the planet given what you can do with it. I like MSSQL/SSMS so much, and I'm so stubborn, that I stupidly connect to MSSQL when I am doing PHP pages. I took on a new client recently, and they are a MySQL shop, so I had to find a tool where the learning curve wouldn't waste a lot of my time. I have used the MSSQL version of dbForge Studio in the past, so when I realized they offered a MySQL version, I decided to give it a try. For me, dbForge Studio for MySQL is easily the closest in terms of look and feel to SSMS. I was able to install, connect to the sandbox they gave me, and dive right in. I was a little embarrassed about my lack of MySQL skills, so in about 30 seconds dbForge Studio was able to copy my sandbox DB over to a local MySQL server I set up so that I could play around with it and learn the nuances of MySQL over MSSQL. I ended up liking MySQL/dbForge Studio so much that I'm going to use MySQL as my go-to database technology on my projects going forward. I love this software and it offers a great value over its competitors and a shortened learning curve for those of use who use SSMS.

Pros

I love being able to completely copy a database from one server to another with a few clicks, which makes it super quick to keep my dev environment in sync with the live database. The code completion feature is so much quicker than SSMS, I love that you can set the delay, and it saves me a lot of typing in addition to keeping the case consistent within my SQL. The Visual Studio Blue makes it feel like I'm working with my old friend SSMS. The ability to mark different databases with shapes and colors is a thoughtful feature and reduces the chances of accidentally making a change in live instead of dev. The data generation feature is nice as well, as you can generate a lot of test data quickly. Also, one of the best features is the automated code formatting command (CTRL-K, D), which takes my sloppy, ill-formated SQL and turns it into beautifully formatted SQL. You can also easily output data to all kinds of formats including Excel, Sheets, csv, xml, etc., and save templates so that you can quickly generate the same reports.

Cons

The "Edit View" feature is a little clunky--you cannot edit SQL directly in the SQL tab, and when you try to do it in the Query Text tab, it constantly throws errors as you type. Sometimes you just need to do a quick edit to a view and it's a bit frustrating to deal with. I found myself opening up a new SQL window, copying my code, pasting into the new tab, modifying and copying back to the Query Text tab. There has to be an easier way.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

dbForge Studio for MySQL is the closest to SQL Server Management Studio in terms of look, feel, and functionality. The other options were awkward and unintuitive for me to use.

Gontran from LRCPI

Verry happy with the software

I'm a 15-year Access developer and for the last 2 years I'm using SQL server as backend. I was struggling to get a product that can help me develop as easy as Access. Now with this software I found myself developing faster and give me joy because I found it almost as easy as Access. I had Red gate SQL prompt and was happy with it until I found DbForge studio. Noe I really have all the features I was looking for.

Pros

Simplify my developpment, almost as easy as Microsoft Access.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

A lot more features and red-gate did not have the same product anyway. And red-gate pricing do not make any sense for a self-employed developer.

Chuck from Visible Technology Solutions

We tried, it failed.

It was ok, but settings and config were not intuitive and had to contact support several times and they were not very helpful.

Pros

it has syncing and backup built in and it looked to be a better product.

Cons

it only ran on windows, alot of our devs use macOS.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

I ended up going back to navicat.

Kevin from Nations Photo Lab

Industry: Printing

A great solution for MySQL development

I've worked with Microsoft SQL Management Studio for most of my career. When presented with a set of projects which required MySQL administration I found the tool provided for MySQL to be pretty poor. dbForge provides a familiar interface to what I was used to for SQL Server, but targeting MySQL. We use dbForge for management and developing all of our MySQL solutions. It is fantastic.

Pros

The platform works great, replacing the admin interface provided by MySql. DbForge provides the tools and familiar interface features need to perform all the admin and development we need.

Cons

There is some instability in the product, experienced infrequently, which causes it to hang for 20 seconds or so occasionally. Typically it recovers fine. When the platform does crash, it generally starts right back up where I left off without any loss.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

I did a head to head comparison between the platforms, using each for a few hours when I was originally working on identifying the product to use moving forward. While similar, I found dbForge to have a better experience, and we made the switch.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

MySQL's interface is terrible, unstable, and lags.

Jhonathan from Vórtx

It is a necessary tool for professionals

Pros

Intellisense is fantastic. You considerably reduce the amount of words typed

Cons

For large and complex queries, hardware consumption is something that needs to be improved.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

I believe it is a product that delivers value even if it costs less.

Jon from Beck Business Solutions

One of the few tools I can't do without!

I love it. I've used everything from SQuirreL SQL Client (not bad, open source java) to SSMS to TOAD and this is far and away the best product I've used. It's not even close.

Pros

dbForge Studio is essential for my team as it saves time and money for all of our developers no matter how much experience they have with SQL, Database maintenance and development (DDL), function & view creation/modification, etc. For my novice developers, dbForge has great tools to allow the developers to visually create a query using an intuitive UI. Once they create the query, they can examine the SQL dbForge creates to better understand how to write SQL using industry Best Practices. For experts, dbForge saves time (and typos) by giving us the ability to type a few characters instead of fully typing out the entire fiend name (for example typing 'usqd' instead of UserSurveyQueryData). It also has great tools for exporting so I can write and reuse an export query to dump data to pretty much any format (usually Excel 2007+) with consistent formatting. I also perform complex options like comparing the development and test databases to see not only structural differences (DDL) but even data differences upon demand. Once I've gone through and set the rules for SQL formatting, I can share them with the team and all of our SQL is consistently named and formatted.

Cons

We are restricted to installing on one machine. All of my developers use more than one computer. I myself have three. It's just the nature of the business and it's a real hassle not to be able to install on as many machines as I, as a single developer, use daily.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

Functionality. This product saves me time both in creating/updating DDL & functions and in catching typos/errors before they make it into testing.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

I was constantly frustrated by the counterintuitive interface.

Sundar from Apoorva

Daily Usage Tool

The Test Data Loading is a wonderful tool where we can just load about 100K to 500K Records without any issues. This feature has helped us performing some initial tuning to the Queries. Various Editions really help the features that each members uses.

Pros

This tool became a part of daily used product for members of our company. Few team members really complemented me for showing them such a powerful and amazing tool. The easy of usage of this tool is making our team save anywhere between 2 to 3 Hours every day. Some of our Developers now can't live without this tool. The Express Edition is very helpful for small companies QA Team. As they just need to see the data and don't really need to write any complex Queries.

Cons

When we have one product such as SQL Server and we want to buy MySQL Database tool. It would be nice if we can get some discount. If we need to buy all the Four Database tool, we need to buy them separately. If they can be bundled, that would be great.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

An awesome product with such great features.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

The features and easy of tool functionality and usage.

Derek from DAB Worx

Don’t bother looking at anything else

Pros

Easy to use. Stable Feature full Showing the foreign key table when clicking the foreign key is awesome.

Cons

The database diagram tool could be improved. More like the “cat” competitor would be great. This one is for the postgresql one only, but in its current state it is not for daily use because it is only 50% complete. I really hope that changes soon.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

I have tried them all and this is by far the most powerful.

dbForge Studio

We do not have the capacity to do replicated server but with dbForge, everything seems to be a breeze.

Pros

The DATA and SCHEMA Compare-Synchronization feature is an absolute game-changer. The T-SQL Debugger really saves us a great deal of development time in building our server-side data processing logic.

Cons

Nothing I should say as the least, other than releasing a MAC version.

Robert from hofercomputing gmbh

Industry: Program Development

Satisfaction Sheet

while developping software with intensive database access it iss important, to have a database browser. dbForge Studio is far better then phpmyadmin. It supports developping database functions with a step by step debugger.

Pros

there is a debugger for mysql functions

Cons

generate a backup-batch with all the needed informations to schedule a backup. (credentials, ports, etc).

Larry from SD Bullion, Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

All the features of Redgate for a Fraction of the price

As noted above, we obtained dbForge solely for the database schema synchronization feature. That feature gives us the ability to migrate database changes from DEV to QA to PROD environments quickly and efficiently. However, it didn't take long before we found other benefits to the dbForge Studio product. We found that migrating test data with the data sync feature saved a ton of time when we had good working data in DEV and needed a similar set of good working data in QA for testing. The biggest hidden gem in dbForge Studio was the data pump feature. How many times have you had to import CSV data and found that SSMS just made a mess out of things? dbForge's tool analyzes the full data set of the CSV file and correctly assigns data types and data sizes to the resultant fields on import. So much better than any other CSV import that I've ever used.

Pros

The database schema comparison and synchronization tool was the big draw for us. We needed an efficient way to migrate schema changes from DEV to QA to PROD environments. dbForge met this need and made doing so a breeze. It even generates the SQL code necessary to accomplish the sync and lets you preview/edit the code if you disagree with the way that it intends to sync.

Cons

If there were one thing that I find a tiny bit lacking in dbForge, it is the way in which you define data sources. You have to redefine the server name, username, password for each database even if those databases exist on the same SQL server. This differs from SSMS where you connect to a single server and it attempts to use the same credentials to access every database on that server. It would be nice if the system had a copy/clone data source button to make adding new data sources from the same server a little more efficient.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

dbForge's solution is a fraction of the cost of similar tools offered by Redgate. dbForge doesn't hide the cost of its solutions and openly posts those prices on its website. Obtaining a demo of the dbForge product was as easy as downloading the program from their website. No need to go through high pressure salesmen just to vet the product.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

SQL Server Management Studio lacked any functionality for data schema sync or data sync and its CSV import capabilities are not even close to as accurate as dbForge's solution.

June 2015

Rudy from Pacific Computer Techologies

June 2015

dbForge Studio provides lots of features at a competitive price

Devart (formerly CoreLabs) has been expanding from their roots in the database driver business (I've used their MySQL .NET data provider for years) into providing a complete suite of database management tools. dbForge Studio for MySQL Standard is their mid-tier product for MySQL management (also available for SQL Server and Oracle). The standard edition includes all the basic features you'd expect in a DB management tool like a good SQL editor with syntax highlighting and code completion, SQL formatting, a query profiler, backup/restore as well as data import/export. But it also includes some features you might not expect. For the less experienced, there's a powerful visual query editor (even supports sub queries). I prefer to write my queries by hand--but it's a feature that might be important to some. There's a visual design tool that lets you build ERD diagrams. It's not as capable as TOAD, but it's great to have it included without a separate purchase. The interface is consistent between their tools , so once you learn it, you know it. A split pane view lets you see both the SQL and the GUI view of the object at once. Wizards are used for most of the task based functionality (like backup or schema comparison). I mostly use MariaDB rather than MySQL now and it supports MariaDB, Sphinx and Percona. They list support for MySQL 5.6 and 5.7 but I've used it with 5.5 as well and haven't had problems. It can also manage remote databases. I use SSH tunneling offsite (there is, of course, some performance cost). To me, the real value comes in the Professional edition. Here you get all the standard edition features plus: -- Database refactoring: this makes things like renaming fields MUCH easier as it correctly propagates changes to related fields, indexes, etc.. -- Schema and Data Comparison and Sync is a big one for me. I have a product that customers frequently want customized and merging their customization back into our core product is a frequent need. --Command line support for lots of things like backup/restore, import/export, schema sync, etc... --Pivot tables and reporting --and more! I like EMS, Redgate, TOAD too, but when you compare everything in dbForge, you are getting comparable tools at a very competitive price. They have 30-day trials and a basic freeware version too. Devart DbForge Studio is a great value for SQL developers or administrators.

Dexie from Ateneo de Davao University

A superb SQL Server database management studio

DbForge Studio for SQL Server is an awesome tool! The Data Generation capabilities alone will save you hours of design and development time.

Pros

User Interface: - Similar to Visual Studio 2017+ with multiple themes - Nice uncluttered interface even the start page Database Creation: - Similar to SQL Management Studio by Microsoft but the user interface is organized more neatly. Related functions such as Indexes, Constraints, Statistics, Triggers, Data, and Columns can be accessed directly from tabs in the design view. Best Features: - Excellent Data Generation Tool! Generates tons of samples of data in a matter of seconds. Automatically links foreign keys to their corresponding primary table. - Backup and Restore database capabilities accessible through an easy to use process wizard. - Report Wizard: Create reports with a few mouse clicks through a process wizard. Can also design reports with its built-in report designer. - Schema Compare. Amazing tool! Compares schema of databases and allows you to create, drop, update fields that are different from two databases.

Cons

Limited functionality to access/update database properties compared to SQL Management Studio. This is not a deal breaker since setting/viewing specific database properties is uncommon during database design.

Arian from Telecommunications

DBForge Studio for MYSQL Enterprise

For the past few weeks I been trying to find the best integrated development environment (IDE) for MySQL. I evaluated most of the popular IDEs out there for database administration and in my opinion none of them compare to DBForge Studio for MySQL from Devart. It has the most complete set of features available and a well-designed user interface which makes database management an easy task. User Interface DBForge Studio has one of the most well-designed user interfaces I came across upon evaluating different IDEs. They really put much thought into different aspects of database management in order to provide a comprehensive and full featured database management tool that is easy to use. Visual Database Designer & Query Builder DBForge Studio comes with a Visual Database Designer that makes it easy to get a graphical view of relationships between different tables in a database. This is particularly useful when designing databases with complex relationships and you need a quick way to overlook foreign keys, data types, etc. It can also generate a visual view from an already existing database. The Query Builder also allows you to generate simple and complex SQL queries without writing any code. Auto Completion & Code Formatting The IDE comes with an intelligent MySQL prompt feature which reduces the time spent writing complex SQL queries. This is one of the most useful features in any IDE which facilitates and speeds up the process of effortlessly writing complex and eff

Pros

- Good user interface - Complete set of features

Cons

- Really not any cons using this software

Vaughn from Seward Consulting Ltd.

Excellent DB management product for MS-SQL

Mananging development and support of multiple databases accross a number of different client's servers for various projects was a huge boost to our productivity. In some situations where it is necessary to help a client and they only have SSMS, I feel totally handicapped.

Pros

Ease of use in making various DB changes, creating new objects, and developing/testing stored procedures, including a powerful DB object search facility.

Cons

Editing and rebuilding tables with foreign key constraints had some limitations, but that has been fixed in recent versions.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

dbForge just seemed to have more functionality and it felt more solid.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

Toad was a great product but at one point I ran into some "crashing" issues with it on my PC; I was pleased to find dbForge/MS-SQL fit the bill and exceeded expectations.

Scott from Infotrakker Software

Great package for DBAs and developers

My software almost always interacts with a database, so having a tool that makes those easier is at the top of my list. dbForge Studio fits most of my needs (and could fit all of them, at a higher price tag), and it's very easy to use.

Pros

dbForge Studio is like SSMS on steroids! Tons of features, and I especially like the tabbed interface that allows me to see multiple views very easily. The Table Build feature is much more intuitive than the SSMS interface, and the ability to easily add indexes and constraints is nice. The data export is more advanced than SSMS and allows me to tailor exactly the data I want to dump from my database.

Cons

Several features that I consider essential aren't included in the Standard version, with the most glaring being the inability to create scripts for multiple objects, as you can with the Tasks - Generate Scripts feature of SSMS, and the lack of a Profiler. You can get these if you pay for the Professional version, but as those were really the ONLY thing in the Pro version I needed, I chose instead to just use the Standard and use SSMS when I needed to create scripts or use the profiler

Frank from Third Wave Technology

MYSQL dbForge is a great product

I use MYSQL on a lot of products and I use the product to manage all the MYSQL databases. It helps speed up my day and make my database design faster.

Pros

Advanced features for the price. The ability to easily deploy schema, data and comparisons feature alone is worth the money. You would pay 5x or more to get that same feature from RedGate (I don't believe RedGate even has a MYSQL product). Also full featured environment very easily with back up restore, diagrams and more. Blows away MYSQL Workbench.

Cons

The font is very small and in some places almost unreadable. Doesn't behave on high res monitors. I do get some crashes and have to restart the application about 1x week or so.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

Was looking for a product similar to RedGate but for MYSQL.

Akos from Freelanceer

Industry: Information Services

Great tool overall

Overall, the best DB manager I found so far and I'm sticking to for years.

Pros

Have been using different DB managers over years and tried all existing major ones for Windows, and stuck with dbForge. It's versatile enough and most importantly, has great UI and works with minimal errors, unlike some other products. It has also great tools for data export/import.

Cons

Glitches can be still found here and there, especially in error handling. Some more tools for copying, restoring databases would be good to see in the Standard version.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

EMS, although quite powerful and rich in features, was full of bugs, often critical. Saw hundreds of total freezes while using it.

Troy from City of Middletown

Best software for SQL development

Not a day goes by that I don't edit a stored procedure, write an SQL query, or edit live data using dbForge Studio. It's a no-brainer..

Pros

dbForge brings all the tools needed to administer and develop for not only Microsoft SQL Server, but many other dbs. It's nice having them all in one consistent interface and the software is very easy to use.

Cons

My only gripe about dbForge is that it's only available for Microsoft Windows.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

Easier to use and it works.

Jeffrey from MMI Holdings

dbForge assisting in data auditing

Pros

This product is easy to use to connect to Oracle dbs which we have running. The trial versions are complete enough to be able to complete coding tasks and monitoring. The intelliisense built in makes working with oracle a bit more easy with less resource intensive operations. You can also use the built in 'unit testing' modules to create and run tests efficiently. All settings and previous worked on files are automatically saved.

Cons

Not many cons a bout using the software. Integration with current software suite is fast. Hoping to get the full suite of dbForge through company.

Antony from Amari Metals

Industry: Warehousing

dbForge Studio

Pros

I particularly like the data view and in table editing. Also the line by line stored proc debugger, and havent seen any other like this and has saved me many days finding problems in procedures / related data.

Cons

Can be a bit slow to start up. Some of my collegues hav found it a bit slow generally

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

db forge had the debugger and i preffered the way the data was displayed

Richard from Phillip Morris UK

Industry: Tobacco

Perfect tool for schema&data comparisions

I'm a long term user of their SQL Complete plugin for SSMS, and utilise the additional features in dbForge Studio for managing deployments and migrations. I find the tools much more effective and reliable that the equivelent features built into Visual Studio.

Pros

schema compare data compare refactoring/intellisense database diagramming

Cons

occasional instability, crashes (but no worse than any other comparable tool SSMS etc)

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

Redgate were significantly more expensive for directly comparable products.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

better quality migration scripts from dbForge

Maarten from Virtualthread Technology FZE

dbForge for MySql and MariaDB makes your life much easier

The software works easily from the start and mostly needs no explanation. The enterprise features gives you more control, like copying databases. The visual query builder helps with quickly building complex queries.

Pros

This software give you total control over the MySql and MariaDB environment. It is extremely easy to create a database, export and import data.

Cons

It would be nice if the software supported more database platforms. Now you have to buy dbForge for every platform.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

dbForge has more options specifically for Mysql and is native to Windows.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

I needed more options to control the environment. Although DBeaver is a very good solution it lacks certain features.

Jim from The Inline Group

dbForge gives a robust feature set without breaking your budget

This is a must-use tool for our developers. It is easy to pick up and use. It is great product for the prcie paid.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. The ability to easily export and import to and from different data sources is vital.

Cons

Would like a better performance tuner, perhaps index and temporary table suggestions. Lack of monitoring or performance analytics.

Jesus from IBER Datentechnik

Fast and intuitive

I’m using several products from Devart and the support is great.

Pros

Completely up to date, fast and good support, easy to use

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

Professional,look,stable and the fast support

Imad from IDAW

Dont waste your time checking other database management tools

Pros

Very easy to use, has all the features I needed. Data and schema comparison and data synchronisation are perfect and no other software can compete with it

Cons

It does not work on Linux based systems like Ubuntu.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

Data and schema comparison is perfect and i use it daily.

Robert from Retail

dbForge Studio

Pros

The application offers many tools in one.

Cons

The application is not developing, I bought a license for 3 years and I am disappointed. I use various programs, pay for subscriptions, and during this time I receive many updates and new features, e.g. devexpress.

Alejandro from ILE C.A.

Fácil trabajar con DBForge Studio

Muy satisfecho con el producto

Pros

Las facilidades que brinda para crear consultas y conexiones, exportar resultados, crear consultas desde un resultado exportando a SQL.

Cons

Hasta la versión actual, no he tenido ninguna queja del producto

Bret from Strimo LP

Excelent Software

Migration and implementation now takes a fraction of the time.

Pros

The ability to compare schemas is a lifesaver for migrating from dev to test to prod. Data comparisons work great. DB Diagrams are key since SSMS seems to have broken that functionality.

Andrea from Descor

A perfect companion to all software developers

Pros

dbForge Studio is full of features to help us to manage our databases, to analyze data and create report.

Cons

They must implement a "server node" into the connections tree

Klaus from LT-ec service & solutions GmbH & CoKG

The best database tool I've worked with so far

Pros

Very fast data adjustment and very good administration tools

Cons

Unfortunately no direct function for renaming tables (or I haven't discovered the function yet)

Robert from BrightSentinel B.V.

Excellent for the reluctant developer

I use it for working on cloud databases; designing and testing the schema and designing APIs.

Pros

It is easy to get started with minimal database skills. Provides a point-and-click interface and you get to see the actual SQL being generated. Excellent for running queries on tables with lots of records.

Cons

I am only an occasional user and it is a bit expensive. I used to like the version that integrated with Visual Studio but that seems to be no longer available.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

The old product did not connect to cloud databases.

Mariano from Lamtek Muebles

Industry: Furniture

Best database utilities ever

Dbforge studio has been for us (our IT Dept.), a life saver in multiple occasions, let's say for example that we need to make a risky change in our database or something that we are not sure how it’s going to work or if it going to work at all, we first export schema of tables and data, make the changes and then in case something went wrong or sideways, we have a way to restore things the way they were, other scenarios include when you make a copy of an empty database a you need to populate it with data to make some tests

Pros

Exporting/Importing data with absolutely no effort, the code completition feat is also a time saver and an excellent thing, source control a feat we also use a lot when developing scripts, and the schema comparer have come on handy several times, all the other feats we have been used less but it take trust that we have them in case we need them

Cons

If I have to forcibly say something, Id' say is kind of expensive though

Sergii from Bravekit

Extremely thought-out tool

I've been using dbForge Studio for about a year. And I'm pretty used to the fact that if I suddenly need a feature, the first thing I have to do is to take a closer look as it apparently already exists. Extremely thought-out solution. However, in my case, it most often comes in handy for database comparison, schema and data synchronization, and database backups. Among these, I can also highlight visual query builder and tSQL debugger. Runs smoothly without errors and issues. I can fully recommend it.

Pros

speed up almost any database experience, like designing, writing code, comparing databases, synchronizing schemas and data, generating test data.

Cons

the vendor offers separate toolkits for different databases, so you will have to choose the one you need. Initially, I tried the free Express version, and it wasn’t nearly as full-featured as a Professional one.

Gary from General Communications Inc

Functional but unstable

I like it but because it causes SSMS to be so unstable, it is overpriced.

Pros

It is very easy to use and the search feature is one of the best I have used.

Cons

Makes SSMS unstable and locks it up frequently, forcing me to force quit through the task manager. I can open only one search tab in SSMS. I have installed this on the two new replacement computers since I purchased dbForge and experienced the same problem.

Ki from MonkeySports, Inc.

Industry: Sporting Goods

It just works

Pros

This application just works. We purchased it a couple years ago and we have no problems with it. It just works.

Cons

We wish it could be a little cheaper, but other than that, we are very happy with the product.

Peter from FAF Software Ltd.

High Quality Product

I am using it since several years and I don't want to miss it.

Pros

Data Comparison SQL Editor Stored Procedure Editor

Cons

That it often forgets my registration and license key and I have to set the license key again in order to work with as it stops working because it "thinks" I am using a trial version which expired. This is really annoying

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

The first impression of dbForge was OK and it got confirmed.

Excellent product, especially for the price

Support seemed good, the other features of the product worked as advertised. Their data dictionary building feature in particular turned out to be really good.

Pros

This DB Forge for SQL Server has many of the features of the Red Gate suite for SQL server but at a drastically lower price. This makes it a fantastic alternative for smaller companies and individuals.

Cons

During my first week of using it, we found a fairly critical bug that made integration/use with SSIS impossible. That was frustrating, but their support logged the bug and it is expected to be fast-tracked to getting fixed.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

Cheaper, but had all the key features we needed.

Reasons for Switching to dbForge Studio

Needed more than just the basics.

Sebin from August Technologies

dbForge Studio for Visual Query Building

Pros

Easy to connect to online data sources including MySQL on the AWS cloud. Visual query builder is the main feature that I was looking for and is using the most. I would have preferred something like what is available in SQL Server Management Studio, but the DbForge tool which provides a wizard-like interface for building queries also is good enough to do get the job done.

Cons

I could not find the option to visually edit queries in the standard edition that I purchased. This feature was available in the Enterprise edition that I had tried.

Reasons for Choosing dbForge Studio

I could not find any better option to create queries using a visual interface.

Andrew from Dark Arts Limited

SSMS replacement?

Mostly very good. Had a few issues with aforementioned diagramming tool losing its DB connection and getting it connected again was a lot more difficult than it should have been. Worse thing was that it had changed to the master database and it wasn't obvious that it had... so now I have a lot of extra tables in master

Pros

Ability to edit the data so easily - especially fields with XML data. My main motivation for the purchase was for the ER diagramming tool, which is mostly very good but I realise now that what I should have bought was the ORM tool to do what I wanted.

Cons

I still need to use SSMS for exporting and importing databases (bacpac) - this is something I do a lot

Gregor from INEA

Industry: Program Development

Mysql db synhronisation

I am synhronizing 10+ production databases with the development instance updates. The tool helps me a lot to poerform it fast and precise.

Pros

Easy configuration and storing the sync files

Cons

Difficult to find the errors. Anoying potential threat messages. Single user license. Does it provides automatic updates ?

David from TrueDataWorks, LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Quality with Functionality

Again, nothing but quality software.

Pros

The sheer power it provides in a quality package. There appears to be some skilled coders behind the product and I suspect they enjoy their challenges.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. If I don't use it often I find myself having to relearn some of the cooler functions.

Great for schema comparisons

I used the trial and then paid for it, I think that says it all really.

Pros

This software has a whole bunch of features, but what I first started using it for and find most useful is it's schema comparison functionality.

Cons

The software is semi-modular, in that there is the overall studio package and you can also buy discrete parts of it as standalone products (e.g. Schema Comparison). My only real gripe is that interface for Schema Comparison feels more intuitive and accessible r in the standalone version than when integrated into main studio.

Eugene from PSC Industries

Industry: Plastics

Good for the money

Pros

I am using dbForge Studio for stored procedure debugging and data transfer. It does what i need.

Cons

Add ability to debug stored procedures inside of the loop.

Rui from Sociedade Vicra Desportiva, SA

Industry: Newspapers

Very good all in one SQL gui tool

Pros

Many features in one GUI interface. I use 3 different products before to do the same.

Cons

Do not support other data sources in the same interface.

Patrick from Accumed.

Great alternative for SQL Management Studio

I'm using it as a daily driver for querying and extracting report from the database

Pros

The overall functionality and ease of use

Cons

just some missing features that are available from other software

Catalin from I Computer Solutions

My superpower replacement to go for SSMS

Pros

User friendly, fast. Has features not available, at least not available at your fingertips, in other tools. The compare schema feature is invaluable.

Cons

Maybe do not like that is another product, I would love SSMS to do all these and to do them as good. But good that someone did a product that does all these.

Francis from Clover

The universal GUI for developing and managing MySQL database

dbForge Studio for MySQL makes everything I need to develop MySQL databases. For developers, there are such features as code completion, automatic syntax checking, and code snippets as well. Visual query builder, database designer, database refactoring or even debugger tool that allows SQL developers to step over lines of codes, use breakpoints and check variable values.

Pros

you don't need to use multiple tools. dbForge will help you with database development, management, and administration.

Cons

haven't found yet. works perfectly, as for me.

Eric from CCAQ

Very useful features for a product of that price

Nothing specific at this time because I'm only used it to create queries, copying DB between servers. I didn't have any problems with it yet.

Pros

I like to use this tool when I try to join some tables together. The auto generation features always save me time when i'm creating queries. The wildcard expansion is also useful when i'm trying to add columns to my query. I don't have to add manually each columns.

Cons

Don't have any cons because I don't need all the advanced features.