Browse DigitalOcean Reviews

Adeyeye from Manomite Limited

Adeyeye George Review

Honestly I will use digitalocean till the earth collapse or me collapse. Using digitalocean is like eating cookies... It's great using digitalocean.

Pros

The Load Balancer is a live saving. It's a great tool for distributing traffic's across servers. I love the server monitoring. It gives us good insight on what's happening on our server. VPS deployment is as fast as a lightening. Within a twinkling of an eye I can deploy multiple servers without delay.

Cons

The feature am expecting digital ocean to add next is using multiple IP on Cpanel. Like controlling two servers directly from 1 cpanel account.

Lazer from Insight2Profit

Intuitive Tools for Creating Infrastructure

I've been really happy with DigitalOcean. I started out just messing around with a small side project to stay sharp. I'm now running a server for an API, another server for a frontend app, and a managed DB that the API pulls from. Connecting these was easy and connecting my domains to different servers was easy. I have loved working in DigitalOcean and I love that the prices are low enough that I could play around without any real intent of making a profitable project, and that breathing space let me run the servers and resources for long enough that I actually have something up and running pretty nicely with just a few hours here and there to tinker.

Pros

- Great UI - you can do everything in the browser without using CLI - create new web servers, managed databases, bucket storage - API matches Amazon S3 - familiar methods of interacting with resources - Pricing is great, 200GB bucket storage runs $5/mo, Servers start at $5 month, managed DB at $15/mo. - CDN for fast delivery across the globe - Easy to understand your bill and not get bit. You can create an image of your server and then kill the server, so you are not being charged server prices ($$/month) and just image prices (pennies/month). This makes it easy to put a project on hold and come back in the future without paying a ton to host something that's just waiting for you. - One-click to spin up a provisioned Ubuntu droplet, LAMP stack or dozens of preconfigured server images. I especially liked this feature because I'm not a linux genius and getting Apache and PHP setup can take me hours of tears and frustration. Instead, you can just select an image that interests you and 30 seconds later you have a server ready to go. - Floating IPs let you lock in a permanent IP address even though you may start and stop servers and their individual IPs might change - Domain management. This is a key feature. If you move your nameservers to DO, it's stupid easy to create subdomains and point them to your DO servers. - Easy to resize/upgrade a server, add RAM or disk space. - Tons of Q&A, any time I had a question someone else had already asked it and received a clear answer.

Cons

There is the occasional UI bug, and sometimes I get an email about a region having some temporary hold on creating new servers. Nothing that lasts more than a few minutes, and usually its something like "We are temporarily disabling the ability to create new servers in the NYC3 Region" but existing resources don't go down and if I desperately needed to start a new server I could just use any other region and move it to the NYC3 region later if necessary.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Amazon is a little more expensive and their UI is not terribly friendly or pretty. I know that seems silly, but in DigitalOcean the UI explains itself and I always know where to look for what I need. Amazon seems like a really busy UI. Pricing is easy to understand and I felt more confident with DO that I wasn't going to get a surprise bill.

December 2021

Piotr from Unitee

December 2021

A good place for your VPS

We use DigitalOcean for a couple of years now to maintain our websites. It keeps running with no issues, so we are pleased with that outcome.

Pros

Very easy to create, backup and replicate VPS servers. Everything is in the right place and the web panel is very user friendly. Pricing for newly created servers is very clear and fair.

Cons

Sometimes you need to get to the console, do the research and set up something, but it's VPS so you kind of agreed to that

Recommendation

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean was recommended by our DevOps

Reece from ColdCast

Solid But Expensive

A solid experience but the pricing is far too high. However if budget is not a problem for you, definitely check them out.

Pros

This company does offer some good services and a decent user interface. They are straight forward with the pricing and you know exactly where you stand.

Cons

Far too expensive in the current climate. The market is saturated with cloud-based storage solutions, and with the likes of Amazon, Google and Microsoft, there is too much competition for DigitalOcean to provide their services at the right prices.

Toby from Triangle Technology Ltd

Fantastic value and easy to use

DigitalOcean does what it needs for us - highly flexible, low cost cloud hosting, with scaled up resources at the click of a butotn.

Pros

Digital Ocean is unbeatable on cost and ease of use for an IAAS. Managing droplets is intuitive and as simple as you can hope for. Uptime / reliability is great.

Cons

Doesn't have as much power as AWS, but that's the trade-off for simplicity.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Balance of simplicity and cost

Arun from Recotap

Choose DO as a reliable and affordable cloud provider

I have been a long time customer of Digital Ocean and used their droplets to run Wordpress based websites and applications. The service is always reliable and also their customer support team is super helpful.

Pros

DigitalOcean provides an inexpensive and easy-to-manage cloud platform that offers reliable services that is very well-designed. The design language across the platform is clean and modern. It literally takes minutes to spin a server get to work.

Cons

The service is heavily developer focused so non-developers (Business users) to use the system without a fair bit of learning curve. This is a not necessarily a disadvantage but calling out so buyers make informed decisions.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Started using digital ocean before Amazon had come up with a droplet equivalent. Due to the familiarity i invariably chose DO over AWS.

Ajay S from GFTPL

Digital Ocean is really an ocean

It's awesome and hopefully will be awesome. It's IaaS service i loved the most.

Pros

it's reliability is awesome and worls very awesome. Pricing also cheap. So we consider and refer to other.

Cons

Support system should be empowered to best level as other are having advanced system for support to customers.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Every platform have their own features and so does digital ocean

Marc Vincent from Computer software

Why I love DigitalOcean

Easy, fast, and will not break the bank.

Pros

Set up is a breeze even if I've only started working with Linux when I tried it.

Cons

Basic Linux/server knowledge is required to effectively use their service which is common to VPS services.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean doesn't have as much features/capabilities as AWS or GCP but what it has is enough for someone just trying out VPS (and even for more advanced usage). They also managed to distill the features down to the most basic so it's not as daunting as AWS or GCP.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean's interface was cleaner and much easier to digest especially for someone just starting out.

Jeff from Brewchee

Perfect for hosting a small web application

I wanted to host a small web application that was a personal project, Digital Ocean was the cheapest options with the features that I needed. I have had nothing but a positive experience with their service.

Pros

I liked the pre-defined droplets that are available. I wanted to create one that runs Node.js to use as a web server, in just a few clicks I was up and running and ready to configure.

Cons

Because Digital Ocean gives their users to do almost anything, you really need to know what you are doing to get your web application/server up and running. The good thing is that their support site answered 100% of the questions that I had to get my web application up and running.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Digital Ocean had a more attractive pricing model that best fit my needs.

Amey from University College Cork

Best SaaS product ever

Pros

It's really simple to create and deploy applications on Digital Ocean. One of my favourite features is App Platform, where you can develop web applications, Docker based images and then have them seamlessly deployed on Digital Ocean's fast and secure servers.

Cons

DigitalOcean could bring in CI/CD pipelining for applications. That's something that I would personally like.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

Pricing is really a better option at DigitalOcean

Daniel from Triptongo

Digital Ocean is in my top 5 for hosting solutions

Digital Ocean accomodates all kind of public. I use it's services for my small to medium business websites, for hosting, databases and backup. I also deploy my internal tools there. It's affordable, reliable and also plays nice with others.

Pros

You can depend on Digital Ocean. It's server are very sturdy, you can choose from a very wide range of options and everything is documented.

Cons

It's complicated to setup properly, but it's getting better every day. This is not Digital Ocean's fault, Cloud Computing is though.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Easy to deploy, affordable solutions, but also less managing options. Digital Ocean has it's own uses cases, different from other providers.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

Mostly pricing issues: Digital Ocean let me choose how much I will pay for something in advance. Also, it gives more value for money than a standard VPS solution.

Kunal from kunaldesai.blog

Best Cloud Hosting for Developers with Wonderful User Interface and Tutorials

Overall I am quite happy with the way DigitalOcean is. Currently my site is hosted on DigitalOcean and loads quickly. A faster loading site means more visitors and more visitors means more income generating possibilities. Spinning new servers from images save lot of time.

Pros

Things that I like about DigitalOcean are 1) You get power of cloud computing at some discount compared to Amazon and Google. 2) Nice and intuitive dashboard. 3) You can provision new servers in around 60 seconds. 4) Developer friendly. 5) Ability to collaborate with teams. 6) Predictable pricing. 7) Scale up as you grow. 8) Can enable IPv6 for the server. 9) Get to know various monitoring metrics like CPU and RAM consumption, disk usage, bandwidth consumption in the dashboard at a minimal interval of 5 minutes. You can see these usage for last 14 days. 10) Take backups and snapshots incase of anything goes wrong. 11) Easy to configure Firewall. 12) Can increase disk space easily by adding Block Storage to the droplets. 13) DigitalOceans Spaces can be used to offload static files for as low as $5 for 1TB CDN bandwidth and reduce load on server. 14) DigitalOcean has one of the best knowledge base and how to articles to get you started or get out if you are stuck. 15) Create alerts to receive email notification 16) Get email notification when monthly spending reaches your defined threshold.

Cons

Things that I don't like about DigitalOcean are 1) You have to turn off the droplet to scale up or scale down. 2) Information regarding DDoS attacks on droplets should also me made available in the control panel. 3) Backups and Snapshots costs extra and are pricy. 4) Does not accept prepaid cards for payments.

Greg from Bright Flair Ltd

Simplicity without compromising features

I switched to Digital Ocean from AWS after a long and considered research phase. The problems I wanted to avoid were 1) unpredictable pricing, 2) vendor tie-in, 3) difficult to get performance without just paying more. With Digital Ocean, all of the above points were hit, and I feel totally control of my company's digital infrastructure.

Pros

With Digital Ocean, you get exactly what you pay for. Unlike other cloud providers, if you pay for a server with X capacity, you get exactly that, without any secret charges or "token" based performance. The pricing is predictable and the decisions are made simple. On top of this, the web-based user interface is well thought out and allows you to organise your servers into teams and projects. Each team can have separate billing but it is all predictable.

Cons

The web admin user interface is a little slow and clunky at times. It does the job, and is pleasant to look at, but seeing an animation of a shark swimming every time you click a button is common. I can't knock the functionality, but the way the web application has been built means that every action requires a loading animation, which can really get in the way of the task at hand.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Simplicity, with the tools available to scale when needed.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

Unpredictable pricing, complex and unpredictable performance of servers, vendor tie-in

Daniel from Freelancer

The best cloud computing company I have ever used

I build custom software for clients and have some SaaS products hosted on the platform. Their data security, availability and high velocity servers make me confident to do my job while they keep it online. I'm a completely happy costumer! They are providing me a perfect experience for more than 4 years.

Pros

The awesome user interface of the product is a killing feature, ages ahead of competition. I love how simple and efficient everything is, from deploying a new droplet to asking for support. They offer an excellent service at very low cost. They helped me starting my business, teaching me with their free tutorials how to build and manage servers.

Cons

I would love to see investments on a Brazilian datacenter. This is the only missing feature for me.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean is simpler to configure and manage. It's billing system doesn't include hidden costs. It's starting price is affordable for a bootstrapped developer.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean has a better ecosystem of features, a really helpful community, the best tutorials on the internet and public plans for the future. I'm more confident they will succeed in the long run .

MAFTEI from SIGN PORTAL SRL

Made for developers, ready for production, powers my whole business

Being able to combine different resources the way I need gives me the maximum flexibility to offer the optimal solutions to my customers. Almost all important web services providers have almost impossible to understand pricing calculators - pretending that this extremely insane granulation will make you obtain the optimal cost effective solution. It may be true for a large organisation, but for small companies like mine, a simple and straight-forward pricing model like the one digitalocean has is more than enough and makes me not waste my precious programming hours.

Pros

I have tried different VPS solutions, looking for a reliable, easy to use and cost effective solution for my web apps and websites. Finally I've ended up migrating almost all my work to Digitalocean, my being a developer who does not wish to waste too much time with sys admin issues. Everything comes handy and is easy to understand. A big plus for me, working mainly the EU market is that I can host my VPS's in the EU, so that I may comply to the GDPR requirements. I just love it.

Cons

I really have no complaints. Everything works smoothly

simplicity and price

ease of use

Deploying Linux or open-source software? Use DigitalOcean

In a word -- superb on all fronts -- as an example, we were replicating a certain image type that wouldn't work -- any time we'd load the image on a new box, it would fail. It turned out to be a very specific issue around the length of the image name on a specific Debian release -- the DigitalOcean support team figured it out, and looped back with us, long after we'd simply rebuilt the image.

Pros

The most amazingly refreshing platform to use in a long time, especially for back-end work. We'd switched from AWS, which was incredibly cumbersome to administer.

Cons

We sometimes have had to migrate between data centers because the machines we wanted in the data center in which we already had nodes didn't have the same node available for scaling.

at the time, price and ease of administration

at the time, price and ease of administration

DigitalOcean is my favorite go-to hosting solution

I am overall extremely satisfied with DigitalOcean, but like every company - I think there are some core features they can (and should) improve.

Pros

- They have an extremely clear pricing model - you always know what you're gonna be paying that month (no unexpected charges of $5k). - It's really simple to get setup and working - They allow for Floating IP's (for free, while being assigned to a droplet) and this allows you to really quickly reroute traffic to another service. - It has a very well documented and powerful API so you can automate repetitive tasks - They generally respond well to user feature requests on their portal.

Cons

- It feels like snapshotting or creating a new server takes longer than it needs to. - You cannot download snapshots. - You cannot transfer services (like a droplet or ip) to another account or team.

Carlos from Universidad de La Serena

Industry: Research

Easy to setup and very useful

Excellent. Start working in minutes, and I am not an IT professsional. Digital Ocean offers very flexible plans and it is very easy to switch alternatives when needed. Invoices are clear and fair. I use Digital Ocean to mount one or more servers for my personal work, involving data analysis and education. It has saved me hours of installing software and allows working virtually from any location and any device.

Pros

Very easy to setup, all the options that I need are available, can start working in minutes.

Cons

I would like more low-cost alternatives.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Digital Ocean is very, very easy to setup, even for non-experts as my case. I have found straightforward directions to install every software I have needed, with up-to-date information.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

The former service was very difficult for me.

Michael from Electro Sound Systems

Excellent VPS Hosting

DigitalOcean basically runs all of our cloud infrastructure at this point! From web servers and databases to our inventory management applications- everything has never been more stable, secure and I 10/10 recommend DigitalOcean!

Pros

The ease of use is really what shines here, it just works. Over the past 2 years I have had almost no downtime! All of my cloud infrastructure runs on Digital Ocean now, and I've never even bothered looking elsewhere!

Cons

The only downfall, is that I wish there were more flexible pricing options. I wish there was a droplet sized smaller then the $5 option, as well as more a-la-carte options

Pricing and customer service

Jesse from Graynoise Media

Digital Ocean has saved me a lot of money

The pricing is fantastic and has really forced me to abandon any expensive managed hosting platforms. With DO, I can use the latest web server technology when I want. I have experience nothing but great, prompt customer service.

Pros

Along with great guides, DO has provided me and my clients with a growing list of tools to be more productive.

Cons

The learning curve was steep when I started using DO several years ago. I imagine those with no experience in this area would struggle but the guides really helped.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Less corporate. Wanted to support what I saw as a smaller company. Less restrictions. Better quality services. Cheaper.

Mikey from Apartbook

One of the best providers on the market

We are using Digital ocean to host our SaaS product along side some AWS systems to fill the gaps.

Pros

Digital Ocean delivers incredible value for money along with some of the best features sets available on the market. With excellent ease-of-use and brilliant documentation, support and knowledge bases to match. There's no one else like it in the market.

Cons

Missing some features of larger providers like AWS, however, these aren't things that we are looking for so don't miss it.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Price and ease-of-use compared to the competition.

Saba from thebitwire

One of the best hosting services in the world!

I use digitalocean daily already for several years. Its really cheap and it makes things done with no problems.

Pros

Digitalocean is one of the best hosting services in the world. Its really easy to use and it has huge amount of features. You can easily control your droplets and administrate everything as you want.

Cons

Some of the features are little bit hard to use and understand. Sometimes digitalocean has some problems with some types of bank cards.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Because its cheap and easy to use

Derick from Pedro Systems

Great hosting for developers who like control

When you need to custom change your server you need Digital Ocean. Console access, networking, several OS images and more.

Pros

Total control of your server and networking.

Cons

Server statistics can be deceptive sometimes.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

Better price, console access, better customer service, backups, networking service and a shark as a mascot, what can't you love of a shark as a mascot?!?!

Juanito from Work Corp

Un aliado imprescindible

Me encanta DigitalOcean, es muy escalable, tiene precios flexibles para desarrollar tu carrera en desarrollo de software en la nube. Puedes ofrecer servicios de deploy u hosting para proyectos web.

Pros

Me encanta el portafolio de servicios que tiene DigitalOcean, no importa si estás estudiando o desarrollando una aplicación para producción, DigitalOcean es tu gran aliado.

Cons

Como es un servicio cloud computing, requiere de ciertas habilidades que debes desarrollar para usar los servicios. Aunque también con un conocimiento básico puedes desplegar tus aplicaciones.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Ofrece múltiples opciones de cloud computing, tanto para proyectos pequeños y grandes. Es muy escalable y tiene precios muy accesibles.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

Económicamente es más accesible y tiene una gran oferta de servicios.

Stefan from Komplasta Trading

Industry: Building Materials

My favorite vps provider

Pros

That is cheap and has great community support

Cons

Biling i would like to pay anualy not wvery month

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

DO had support for serverpilot, and my websites worket faster at the moment i made the tests

Affordable Cloud computing environment

We have deployed grade auctioning platform on digital ocean. Application workload is too heavy on some days. But digitlocean still could manage the workload smoothly. We also deployed few smaller size applications and smaller TPS db instances on smallest droplets. So the can have cost benefit here. I can definitely recommend DigitalOcena to anyone.

Pros

+Affordable pricings. +Deployments are super fast and easy. +Support Microservices architecture +DNS management is very convenient. +Droplets backups can be configured for small amount.

Cons

+ I/O problems in smaller droplets. + Network security cannot be implemented to the deeper level. + Limitation on custom images (ex. Cannot have more than 100GB image, cannot assign floating IP)

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Digitalocean has unmatchable pricing comparing to top vendors so we decide to go with DigitalOCean

Rodolfo from RollingTech

It has been amazing

Pros

It is really simple to spin up a server from scratch or to use something that is already on the marketplace, if you want to play around something is as simple of searching and then apply a custom image with the software preinstalled, or if you are an advance user and have your own docker images, you can orchestrate the kubernetes cluster without issues.

Cons

Distributed Private Networks could be improved, firewall rules are really good, missing some more advanced granularity for very specific needs

Price

Matthew from Communitrak

100% satisfied with DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean powers my SaaS application and has done so reliably for over 4 years with no significant downtime. I couldn't be more pleased and plan to continue using DigitalOcean for the foreseeable future.

Pros

DigitalOcean makes it super easy to manage multiple servers under one umbrella. They've increased the breadth of features over the past several years as well as increased the quality of existing features, showing they're devoted to investing in themselves to provide a superior product.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons of DigitalOcean at this time.

My go-to hosting service

This allows me to manage my own products and sites online. Backups help things to be really reliable and provide peace of mind. I would not in any case return to GoDaddy, HostGator, Bluehost, etc. for hosting!

Pros

This was my introduction to transitioning from webhosts like Bluehost and HostGator (which could be super expensive and difficult to manage). DigitalOcean provides me with total control. There is a much hard initial learning curve, but their documentation is incredibly thorough! The process of getting my sites set up really helped me to become empowered as a web designer.

Cons

Hard initial learning curve if you do not have a background in hosting your own web-based products or sites.

Saqib from ONE SURGERY

Great team at Digital Ocean

We are really pleased with Digital Ocean - its the hosting solution for the pros and their ethical support is second to none.

Pros

Very powerful web hosting, extremely kind and supportive ethos (Digital Ocean were kind enough to support our community project with additional credits). Great range of apps.

Cons

This is a completely different experience to web hosting than standard hosting companies like siteground, bluehost, godaddy. One requires much more knowledge on creating apps and websites, and requires pro support to sometimes get the things done you took for granted (like installing SSL / managing your files / installing apps)

Saurav from Telecommunications

Industry: Broadcast Media

A great all rounder for all cloud computing needs.

Fast, Robust, Great techincal support. I actually Signed up for trial to learn about their services and features the main purpose was for VPn but I ended up making it a node for online game tunneling.

Pros

DigitalOcean is a great platform for many developers and cloud computing enthusiasts as they provide up to date hardware for their systems. they have a robust network and greater availability regions and have great customer support that will help you anytime. DigitalOcean's market presence is quite high. the most interesting thing that I found was they have very low latency for VPN uses in Droplet.

Cons

The only thing that is hated about it is that I was not able to successfully use it as a VPN server because most of their IPs are flagged as VPN server even though they serve different purposes in Online content streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. It, not Digitalocean's fault because as their service for VPN servers are so famous that content providers blocked them all. but overall A+.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

fewer availability regions, I majorly required HK, IN, US, GB.

Great cloud hosting provider

Use DigitalOcean to host my servers which run my own websites & web applications. Never had a problem, 99.999% uptime. Would highly recommend

Pros

Fast, reliable, affordable servers with near instant provisioning & fast network connections. Hourly billing. Beautiful web UI/UX for managing services. Free DNS hosting

Cons

Slightly more pricey than some competitors like Hetzner/Vultr

Ashen from Pearl Asian Holdings PVT

Excellent Service

So far we had smooth service. Everything seems perfect. If email services were there it will be even better. Anyhow value for money.

Pros

Overall service is excellent. The control panel is extremely user friendly and the pricing is also affordable. The performance of the basic droplets are note worthy and value for money. Highly recommended.

Cons

We faced few issues on email services. The service currently does not support email services thefore there is a need to connect the product with external services.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Price and quality of service

Tobias from IP-Solutions AB

Top of the line solution!

I could not be more happier!

Pros

Awesome to be able to utilize resources in the cloud and a really good provider that has excellent support to give. In addition they provide top of the line document and technical implementation guides, which I love!

Cons

Can't come up with anything straight away, except for wanting lover rates, even if they are very low already. :-)

Nick from Easyply B.V

Easy to scale with DO

Pros

The droplets are amazing if your company is scaling up. With Just a single click you can scale up you storage and/or memory.

Cons

Back ups are quite expensive compared with their other services.

Manhar from Advintel Medicare Pvt Ltd

Best Suitable product for startup's

It was really good experience working with Digital Ocean.

Pros

Documentation, Pricing, Customer Support

Cons

Need some more products on platforms like maria db as Dbaas service.

Pricing, Simplicity

Gregory from Self-Employed

Need a cheap and easily deployable server? DigitalOcean is the right choice

Pros

The clean User Interface of their website make a great experience. Combined with the fact that a simple server can be quickly deployed with the help of droplets makes DigitalOcean an easy choice.

Cons

If you are not a bit knowledgeable in the sector then it can get confusing with all the options they offer, but they provide many in depth guide on how to set everything up.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

I tried many other VPS but DigitalOcean is by far the most convenient to use

Daniele from Octopi

Industry: Maritime

Great solution for tech infrastructure

Pros

I've been using DigitalOcean for years and, despite there being a number of other platforms that offer tech infrastructure in the cloud, DO has remained my favorite. It is easy to use, the pricing schemes are transparent, the UI is a pleasure to work with. What's more, DigitalOcean's articles and guides are superb and have helped me set things up with ease, time and again. Would highly recommend.

Cons

There are a number of features on other tech infrastructure providers that DigitalOcean doesn't offer. That said, DigitalOcean accounts for 99% of the cloud technology that most small to medium SaaS applications require, and some.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

I chose DigitalOcean over Google or Amazon because of its simplicity, excellent guides and transparent costs.

James from Chatterfy

DigitalOcean is the OP for Hosting Services

Beyond generous with droplet prices and what you offer. In addition, what I really like is how they have a market place where you can browse popular and common open source apps (like plesk) and they can set it up for you with one click of a button. I will say, you do need to know some VPS terminology to understand what exactly is going on with your droplet and how to manage it, but that really the extent of complexity DigitalOcean offers !

Pros

I really enjoyed the extremely easy guide on how to setup a droplet. It was a simple step by step process that really required little to no extraneous thought. And the pricing for the droplets are beyond fair in price compared to Digital Oceans competitors

Cons

I don't think there is a least favorite quality about the product I can think of.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

I believe I didn't go looking for other VPS , but instead Github student package offered a great 'get started' deal with digital ocean and I took gift and used it.

Yee Ling from PSDC

Pros

Love using Digital Ocean. Using it with Forge Laravel and everything is smooth and seamless. Retrieving backup has never been so easy.

Cons

more community engagement for users in Asia

Stefan from App Monkey Develpment Studio GmbH

Industry: Program Development

Create Service

Pros

It is really easy to use. I like the developer sight of the system.

Cons

The Feature Set and easyness from the whole system

DigitalOcean: Easy server setup

Pros

I prefer using DigitalOcean if VPS server has to be used for the project and the project is big. Easy installation and setup. On the side note, I like the documentation provided by DigitalOcean.

Cons

In my point of view, this would not be suitable for the very small projects. But apart from this I do like everything.

Patrick from Create Your Surprise

Great service for a great price

The uptime is great and the level of security is there out of the box.

Pros

Digital Ocean offers a lot of services out of the box, making it super easy to use for our company as a startup trying to validate our products.

Cons

The Kubernetes set up could've been more clear. However they may be the complexity of Kubernetes and that I was trying it when it just was released.

Best price/services standpoint.

Mohammad from Z&W Off Road, Inc

Moved to Cloud

Pros

after hosting our website on physical servers, we decided to move into cloud for cost savings.

Cons

so far haven't encounter any issues with DO service.

6 months ago.

Affordable cloud computing and storage

I'm a happy camper, prices are really low for the value and reliability.

Pros

It's really easy to perform almost any task. Wheter you need to deploy an app or a test server, or store media for CDN delivery, you're just a few clicks away.

Cons

There isn't much to fill in here. The things DO does, it does well. For more complex applications, we have either AWS or Oracle.

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

It just works for our everyday needs.

Jeffrey from Retail ToolKit

Great resource for any size project

DO has served me well in a professional, production environment with multiple servers as well at a personal level with a single small server. This is a product that "just works"!

Pros

The main drawing factor to DO from another provider was their feature set. They are continually rolling out new functions with great features at amazing price points.

Cons

In general DO allows me to get done what I need to and I have no complaints

Reasons for Choosing DigitalOcean

Pricing and ease of management was the main consideration.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalOcean

We needed additional features which DO provided out of the box.

Stephen from Paint pros

Good for sales

I haven't used them long but it will help with traffic.

Pros

I liked that it had stuff already mXe for you like banners and stuff to sale with. You can just copy and paste it to start making money

Cons

Kind of hard to figure out with free version. I would recommend it though cause I t can help you make sales

Banabas from Information Technology and Services

Digital Ocean Review

Its been great so far.

Pros

It is an easy cloud platform to use. Its droplets (virtual machines) are easy to spin up and set up. It also has cluster orchestration capabilities.

Cons

There isn't a lot of automation on the platform as a result of putting a lot of freedom in the hands of its users.

Super Easy Deployment And Requires Minimal Devops Knowledge

OVerall pretty easy and simple. I did end up switching some projects off because I wanted some more Managed hosting.

Pros

I love the ease of deployment and one click installs. I was able to deploy a Magento 2.4 instance with webserver and Varnish in one click. The community is also pretty great

Cons

You are charged for disabled instances, you would think charges would only be for instances that are actually in use.

Christopher from BYU-Idaho

Beginner Friendly

I have an application that I know is always available to my users and I trust in Digital Oceans reliability in uptime. I also know, when ready, I can easily scale up to meet increased demand.

Pros

As a new student developer, I was able to follow along Digital Ocean tutorials to set up my project and deploy it.

Cons

It can be a little intimidating at first, but when you find the right tutorial(s), you’ll be in good hands.