• Pros

• "I like the fact that it uses Raiser's Edge term, therefore it's very user friendly. And it's easy to share and train others."

• "The profile creation is pretty much seamless. I prefer using ImportOmatci versus the classic RE import option."

• "I like the ability to pull online gifts down from Luminate and have them go straight to a bath in Raiser's Edge. Definitely a simplified process than what I had to do before."

• Cons

• "I don’t love the user interface. Wish it could be just a little friendlier. Although importing data is a complex and detailed process."

• "Setting up dictionaries - though they are very useful but it can be time consuming"

• "The support side is a little bit hard to wrap my mind around. If you are not a frequent user it is easy to miss the nuances of the import and the support/knowledgebase can be limiting. "

Browse ImportOmatic Reviews

Michelle from Norfolk State University

Best Import Product and User Friendly

Overall ImportOmatic is a great product with more pros than cons. When I've spoken with someone from customer service I have had nothing but great experiences.

Pros

I've been using this product to do imports of various types for 4 years now and I wouldn't use anything else. ImportOmatic takes the guesswork out of getting the data in the database in an effective and efficient way. Having the convenience of Profiles/Templates set up for recurring imports saves so much more time than importing with the database's limited resources. Not having to manipulate the data from the source file is a HUGE time saver! Just being able to create a dictionary to correct the potential "garbage" that could go into the system saves time for me as the only person that does this function in my department and minimizes cleaning up the data. My productivity has increased substantially since I have been using this product.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the product is the limitation of validating only 25 records at a time when you are using ImportOmatic in the hosted environment. Outside of the hosted environment there was no limit on the number of records and the ability to import after validating all the records was seamless. It also seems counter intuitive to allow help tickets to be entered online, but the only way to receive an initial response is a return phone call. I think it would be more productive if there was a chat option.

Karen from MultiCare Health System

We spend more time with donors and less time with spreadsheets

Reduced hand-data entry. Reduction in errors. Increased flexibility.

Pros

I no longer have to prep my spreadsheets for my regular imports. I occasionally forget how amazing of a statement that is. Virtual data fields and dictionaries can be set up ahead of imports, including the ability to skip records that meet certain criteria. It matches or creates records, addresses can be old or slightly different--I choose when to update or ignore It matches on "close" names, if I want it to. I have fewer multi-pass imports, because so many more things can be done with each pass. But the biggest thing is that we are able, with the same number of staff members, to better customize our donor solicitations because we don't have to spend hours and hours pouring over column over column in thousands of lines of spreadsheets. Omatic lets us customize based on what we already know about our donors, which gives us time to continue learning more about them.

Cons

It's sophisticated and robust. Which means if you're someone who hates instructor-led training and just likes to click around to learn, it will take you ages to learn everything it can do. It's SO incredibly customize-able--it will suggest but not dictate for many fields--that people who want full functionality without a learning curve are going to flat-out miss out on all the things it can do for you. If you are constantly in a work environment where you feel it's easier to do something the slow, hard way than figure out an easier way--if there is never an opportunity to slow down and learn something new--you won't realize its full benefits.

Tim from Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation

A Real Time and Headache Saver

ImportOmatic has enabled me to import lists of constituents, with their address info, multiple phone numbers and email addresses, multiple pieces of education, and multiple constituency codes all in a single import, without ever needing the Import ID. ImportOmatic has saved me all kinds of time and frustration in importing data, doing comparisons, creating queries of external lists. If given the choice between doing a traditional import or using IOM to do my imports, I dont think I can imagine a scenario where I would choose the traditional import method.

Pros

It gets data of all kinds into Raiser's Edge much easier than with the traditional import process. And it can import a plethora of vastly different types of data in a single import. Not needing an Import ID for every import makes comparing lists of incomplete information received from external sources against my database a much simpler process than the traditional method. From there, I'm given all kinds of control in whether I want to update the information we have on hand, or simply create a query of people off that list (or both). I can either automate individual options (or the whole thing) or go through them one at a time for full control.

Cons

My only small gripe about ImportOmatic is the initial learning curve made figuring out how to use it a bit tricky. When we got IOM some 3 years ago and I was setting up my first few imports... that was a somewhat confusing challenge to navigate all the possible options (even with training). Now that I've been using it for a while, they've improved that process quite a bit and I'm able to get even more types of data in than I initially was. I also have several templates built at this point that allow me to get my complex datasets into Raisers Edge with minimal need to build a new import every time.

it has been extremely difficult

Update we are now paying a HJC (Luminate Consultants) and trying to get Blackbaud Professional services involved to assist with resolving omatic group-sync issues. currently seeking professional services combination of RELO and Omatic, as these issue remain unresolved with support. - Run RELO at the same time as Luminate Connector as the omatic group sync profile is causing too many problems to list - Can either of these tools bring registrants into the events module, prior to bringing the donations over? - Can either of these tools prevent the runaway duplicate situation in Luminate Online? I suspect once group sync profile is fixed, this will resolve itself - Can either of these tools bring constituents over who have not yet made a donation, rather signed up for a newsletter? The omatic constituent import is not working because group sync has overwritten Country from Canada to Cnd and there are thousands of updates (errors) to click through to find one new genuine newsletter subscriber. - What happens to all the monthly donors that were set up with omatic? a return to RELO would break all those subscribers connections to the original recurring gift. - Creating an email group takes 3 hours for 30000 records, everytime annual giving wants to send an email Omatic says that the only resolution is getting faster internet (RE is hosted by Concourse and Luminate Online is hosted by Blackbaud), who needs faster internet?

Pros

the promise of ease and time saving sounded great, unfortunately that has not been our experience

Cons

Luminate Connector is NOT a time saving tool, and profiles still not working months after implementation

Response from Omatic Software

Replied February 2019

We are sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the Luminate Online connector. The entire Omatic team is committed to working through these problems with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at marcia.hightower@omaticsoftware.com if you would like to discuss your concerns in depth. I'm happy to help! Marcia

Crystal from Jewish Family Service of San Diego

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fantastic tool & it makes my job much easier. I can work smarter not harder. The staff are amazing.

ImportOmatic allows me to work smarter not harder. I can import files in minutes and know that the information is coming in just the way I want it and not creating duplicate records. I don't have to spend time cleaning each import file because I created a profile once and know that it will take care of the mess for me.

Pros

Setting up the profiles is fun and the tools (dictionaries, virtual fields, automation) are so helpful. I can add or update constituents within minutes with ImportOmatic instead of spending days doing it manually or worrying about issues with the standard import tool in RE. I can setup and change the matching criteria for profiles depending on my trust issues or trust in the file that I am importing. Being able to assign functions and proper casing within the profile means that I don't have to spend time formatting my spreadsheet every time. The training from the Omatic staff is great. Their training method of showing you how to create a profile, creating one with you, and then a following up call for any questions about additional profiles you created is perfect.

Cons

It is hard to think of cons because just in the past year Omatic has expanded the features that I had complaints about before. I miss being able to process a whole import no matter what the size under the validation mode. It just added another safety net to the process.

Carlene from Dexter Southfield School

I want more than a one night stand with IOM. I want a long term relationship.

I've saved time, money, and headaches from this! Using IOM has allowed me to solve problems which were previously unsolvable!

Pros

ImportOmatic is totally dreamy. It has revolutionized my job and allows me to import data in ways that I could not even have imagined in the past. It is incredibly flexible and saves me time, headaches, and money, while increasing data integrity through decreasing human error. I've never wanted to make out with a piece of software until I met ImportOmatic. After the demo and trying it out I realized that I didn't just want a one night stand with IOM - I wanted a long term relationship. And here we are.... more than 7 years as a client and two different institutions. IOM and I are still going strong. I have no plans to end my relationship. :)

Cons

Because the tool is so powerful and flexible there are a LOT of options to set. It is important to go through each of the settings when setting up an initial template to ensure that it is doing everything one wanted from it. But, when it gets tricky, support is there to help as are other users via the forums.

Nancy from New Mexico State University

We've used Importomatic for 5 years...configuration was difficulty, but now easy to use

Streamline out daily import/updates

Pros

Reliable, bug-free product. Adding/configuring multiple data points/record types makes this a much better solution than the standard Import function of RE.

Cons

Error messages are non-user-friendly, not easily diagnosed. There is a current bug in 3.5.1.2 that no longer renames the import file after the import is complete. We've had to change our processes until this bug is fixed.

John from Barnabas Fund

Excellent tool to import at speed

Partially matching data can be processed at speed with much more acuracy now. So our company is able to create less duplicates going forwards.

Pros

Most like the wide range of fields that can be mapped in virtual fields to get the data to appear with all the trimmings we like in our database. I like the dictionary function that can be based on text or more advance regular expression converting.

Cons

Setting up the import profiles can be a lot of trial and error. If I could improve one thing it would be to test run the profile as you craft the dictionary or expressions. On the address block is used as a % match. Would be nice if the whole address was considered in the matching.

Katherine from Children's Cancer Research Fund

We have been using IOM for 6 years now and have loved how easy it makes transferring data by import.

The ease of use, fantastic support, and ability to move data in and out of my database with ease.

Pros

I love that if I can get the data in a .csv, I can get it into my database. The opportunities are endless.

Cons

Sometimes trying to figure out error codes and what they mean can be hard, but support is always there to help.

Renee from Hillsdale College

ImportOmatic helped us to overcome challenges we faced with appends and updates that are more comple

Pros

Ease if use! Simple field selections allowusers of all levels to adjust to their departments needs.

Cons

Minor compatibility issues with Blackbaud products. Stellar staff at ImportOmatic helped us to overcome.

Jamie from Rocky Mountain Children's Health Foundation

Industry: Fund-Raising

ImportOmatic is vital for Raiser's Edge

The ability to import records into Raiser's Edge more easily and seamlessly than with any other product or Blackbaud feature.

Pros

ImportOmatic is the most flexible and precise importing tool available for Raiser's Edge. It integrates seamlessly and makes possible the importation of both new and established records in Raiser's Edge at the same time. As a Raiser's Edge power user and consultant, my first order of business before beginning any major project in Raiser's Edge is to make sure I have ImportOmatic available. Beyond the base package of ImportOmatic, the ImportOmatic connector for Luminate Online to Raiser's Edge is the best connector available. I prefer to use this connector over the Blackbaud version as it is much more flexible.

Cons

I wish ImportOmatic did a better job of matching phone NUMBERS to established constituents, rather that just phone TYPES. It is my biggest aggravation with this product, and I hope it is resolved soon. I also find the address scoring feature (for matching an incoming address to a constituent's current address) annoying at times because a +4 on a ZIP code will significantly impact the similarity score between addresses, thereby requiring more "touching" of the record than necessary. That said, ImportOmatic is still way better at both of these types of processing that other products.

Judy from The Family Place

Industry: Fund-Raising

ImportOmatic Review

We have an annual fundraising event where we sell cards to individuals where those cards can be used to receive a 20% discount on items purchased at over 750 retailers during a specific 10 day period. The volume of cards sold is huge, and every card sold has the purchaser info contained on the sales form (contact info). The data on each sales form must be entered into Raiser's Edge. Using ImportOmatic to export sales data entry info through our website into a csv file which is then imported using the scheduler tool has been a tremendous time saver and allows the info to flow into Raiser's Edge on a much quicker basis. This gives us access to potential new donors on a much more timely basis for use with our other appeals.

Pros

With the use of the scheduler tool in conjunction with the ImportOmatic software tool, large volumes of data can be imported into Raiser's Edge without the need for touching each record...only those records that don't conform to the screening criteria need human touch. This greatly reduces the amount of time needed for volume imports.

Cons

Sometimes the complexity involved when setting up a good configuration for a template can be a real challenge. It is a delicate balancing act to get a template set up that is tight enough not to reject a high volume of records versus not enough tightness that results in too many records being imported that really did need some human touch.

George from Biola University

The right Raiser's Edge tool for the job

I'm using ImportOmatic to append or update data to the Raiser's Edge for data integrity and accuracy. The data is then used for fund raising and prospect research.

Pros

The ImportOmatic tool saves me time by skipping the Blackbaud Raiser's Edge import process. The tools allows me to address Raiser's Edge importing issues. This tools has saved me a tremendous amount of time and allowed me to get me job done. Without this tool, I would not be able to complete several of my projects. This tool is hightly recommended if you are serious about moving data into Raiser's Edge.

Cons

This software has a steep learning curve. I wish there were short 5-10 minute Youtube videos to address advance processes so I can just watch and learn. (ie. remove attribues fields, names matching, scoring, etc.) This saves me a call to Omatic or refer to the 793 page user's guide.

Bridget from Spectrum Youth & Family Services

Omatic has made all the difference

We have an event every March and ask our registrants to fund raise for us, via Luminate. Prior to getting the Omatic Luminate Connector we were using RELO and importing gifts took SO long. I would spend all my days between February and March just trying to get through them all and catch up. And then we got Omatic and my work life changed. So fast, so efficient - it has really made all the difference.

Pros

The speed at which I can import donations and it's ability to find matches is invaluable. We were originally using RELO and it took FOREVER to import gifts and I was always behind and so stressed. But as soon as we got Omatic, my work life changed and I could easily and quickly get them into the database and get thanking!

Cons

I wish there was some more functionality on matching imports info to defaults in the batch. For instance, if a person is a certain age, they get this particular solicit code and constituent code on their record. I also wish there was a chat function. Sometimes I just have a quick question and don't want to open a whole ticket.

Susan from Oregon Health and Sciences University Foundation

Allows me to import easier than just thru RE7-also has some drawbacks, updating, exceptions report

Easier Importing!

Pros

I love that I don't have to create ImpID's for every field. I love that it imports so quickly. I love the ease of it.

Cons

Unable to update. Exceptions report has changed since we started using Connector and now I don't receive why something has exception'd out (list the id that it doesn't see, or if it exception'd out because someone has the record open). During a simply import like adding only an appeal code to an existing record it exceptions out and then wants to add as a full constituent.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied March 2018

Hi Susan- Thank you for taking the time to respond! I am sorry you haven't been able to update. I see that you had an open ticket with our Customer Support team regarding this issue but it has been closed. I will have someone else on the team reach out to help resolve this issue. Thanks, Marcia Hightower Customer Success Manager

Kelly from Louisville Public Media

Omatic makes Raisers Edge so much more useful

I can't recommend them enough. It adds so much functionality to Raisers Edge. It will let you integrate basically any third party software with Raisers Edge almost seamlessly from email marketing to volunteer management to online donations.

Pros

There are a few different import tools for Raisers Edge, but ImportOmatic is the best one by leaps and bounds. The standard Raisers Edge imports work for very basic things, like adding actions, but Omatic is a necessity for anything more complicated. You can add or update name/address/email/phone AND add gifts at the same time. It matches constituents automatically (which actually works well). The best part is that gifts go into a batch, which you can review for accuracy before committing.

Cons

The only downside to Omatic is that because it does so many things, it is a little complicated. You need someone on staff who is tech savvy enough to setup the imports and troubleshoot if something changes. If you add new fields to a donate page, you have to update the import profile in Omatic, and that takes attention to detail. Omatic has really good training and help articles though. It's all in plain English and doesn't need any special coding.

ImportOmatic Makes Batching Easier

I love it and recommend it. It makes using Raiser's Edge much easier and is a tremendous improvement over Raiser's Edge import.

Pros

I love the review of constituent records vs incoming information and the ability to make very specific changes to records before committing import. It's much easier than reviewing record by record in Raiser's Edge batch and going through at least 2 tabs per record. It also makes it possible to edit a batch in a spreadsheet or other database software vs using Batch.

Cons

Some of the updates caused a loss of attribute information or the need to create more than one profile, but it seems like these unexpected outcomes are corrected in later updates.

Regina from University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Foundation, Inc.

Overall, I love the product. We've had our issues in the past on various things, but support helps.

Time saver is the biggest thing. Because it's easier to use than RE Import, it saves time on a lot of various tasks, from the use of virtual fields and dictionaries, to easily reloading errors. It's a great product.

Pros

It's a lot easier to use than RE's import and it's move efficient. I love the use of virtual fields. Dictionaries are so helpful too. I appreciate that I don't have to frequently manipulate spreadsheets. Plus, it loads much faster than the RE import and produces errors and makes it easier to identify and import the errors.

Milly from BC Cancer Foundation

Useful but at times frustrating

Importomatic is definitely a help in getting masses of data into our database. However, it is clunky and limited, without the ability to tailor it to our specific needs.

Pros

It does what we need - enables mass import of large quantities of data

Cons

It's inflexible - we have to do a lot of workarounds to make the data fit Most frustrating - every time Importomatic makes an update, we have to re-map EVERY profile, which is time consuming and frustrating (especially when updates are too frequent) and also means that sometimes things are missed and profiles are not importing everything we thought they were. It needs constant review and work, which again is time consuming and open to errors.

Lizette from H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation

Time and stress saver

ImportOmatic has saved us a lot of time and stress in trying to map fields to Raiser's Edge and completing the imports. It is effective at locating duplicates and it's nice to have the options for creating queries of the records changed.

Pros

ImportOmatic has allowed us to do custom imports into Raiser's Edge with very little time, and sometimes even with little setup of the import profile. We have been able to import data into specific fields that Raiser's Edge's import feature does not allow us to do. And if there are exceptions, the ability to cancel the whole import until you can revise the profile is a lifesaver since it prevents you from making any changes in the database that you would have to undo.

Cons

There are still some fields that are not mapped to import, but I have come across them too infrequently to be able to name them.

Jonathan from Be The Match Foundation

Lifesaver

Pros

My organization imports over 20k records per month, without importomatic duplicates would be a major issue. The ability to match in constituents that are already in the database, select the specific data to correct or modify and edit the import information on the fly, make it an incredible tool.

Cons

Customer support process is the one thing about the product I like the least. Creating a case and waiting for a response is frustrating at times.

ImportOMatic for Raiser's Edge

ImportOMatic and Omatic Softwares are valued software providers that have reduced our processing time. The ease of use has allowed us to widen the scope of data that we include in our Raiser's Edge database.

Pros

Works seemlessly with Raiser's Edge. The duplicate search features and dictionaries drastically reduce the amount of time spent on manipulating data sets that we are importing into our database.

Cons

In interface could be more intuitive to allow for less training of new users.

Dawn from Catholic Diocese of Sioux Falls

Good tool that we use daily

Overall we have had a very good experience using the import O-Matic products. We also use another product called Mayo automatic and are very happy with that as well.

Pros

Import O-Matic makes importing all kinds of data into the Raisers Edge so much easier than the native import functionality.

Cons

I dont love the user interface. Wish it could be just a little friendlier. Although importing data is a complex and detailed process.

Uttam from The Kids' Cancer Project

OMagic

We are very happy with IOM and have been using for the past five years plus. It makes importing easy for all level RE users.

Pros

Ease of mapping fields and detailed process doc makes importing records easy. The added feature of creating a gift batch or adding records to an existing gift batch is also very handy.

Cons

We do not have any negative experience to share

Krystal from Society for Science & the Public

Wonderful experience using this software.

Pros

Cons

I wish support had a chat option- creating a ticket is often not the option best suited for my needs at times.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied March 2018

Hi Krystal- Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are thrilled you've had a great experience with ImportOmatic. Our Customer Support team is always interested in making our clients lives easier. They have some great things on the horizon for 2018! Thanks Marcia Hightower Customer Success Manager

Julie from Maccabi USA/Sports for Israel

Import to Raiser's Edge

We are importing daily our sports applications, contributions, events and other information from Luminate Online and we have been very happy with the process.

Pros

I can use any excel file to import to Raiser's Edge and map out the exact fields.

Cons

The data must be exact for format and coding when importing and errors can take time to fix.

Vicki from American Ballet Theatre

Industry: Performing Arts

THANK YOU! It's a dream product!

It saves us hundreds of hours a year. Plus, the deduping while importing is awesome!

Pros

1. De-duping while importing. 2. Easy mapping. I like the fact that you don't have to type more just to get to the minimum number of characters. I am a database administrator and we value the number of keystrokes. Less is more!

Waileia from Punahou School

Great Fit

We have had a great experience using Omatic. We are integrating data from an older system, with some difficult business processes. Omatic has been able to mitigate some of those processes for us, during the import process. Thereby eliminating the need for extensive weekly data clean-up.

Pros

For our complex organization, Omatic is a great fit. With the customization one can make, the software can manage almost any situation.

Cons

At this time, nothing. The software is doing what it is meant to do.

Wil from Catholic Charities USA

Import-O-Everything

The Omatic Software team overall is very responsive and they DO follow-up to customer issues.

Pros

The flexibility to apply profiles to multiple sources and be accurate on all the data being imported.

Cons

It can use a better user interface to manage settings and tools and to organize profiles.

Rolly from Cathedral High School School

Good, does what is says it will do.

Pros

basic and simple, straight forward. Integration with Google is as we hoped. We hope to continue using this product as it evolves

Cons

renewing the license causes some hickups. As features are added, we needed to change our licenses which caused some issues.

Powerful tool

Omatic helps us uploade data from our Phonathon software to RE every day. We can now bring in our new student record into RE in weeks rather than months

Pros

It provide us with the ability to automate many of our import needs

Cons

Some of the options are not as intuitive as one would think

Beata from Lynchburg College

Importing Phonathon gifts and appeal responses into RE

Pros

The ease and effectiveness of getting a large amount of data into Raiser's Edge. No need to clean the data prior to the import

Cons

No clear explanation of errors when import doesn't go as expected. Pretty complicated way to set up an import profile.

Tom from Monmouth University

ImportOmatic is an essential piece of software for anyone organization that uses Raiser's Edge.

By using ImportOmatic we're able to save an incredible amount of time during our regular imports and we've had a few cases where we could ONLY import data into Raiser's Edge with ImportOmatic. It improves our data consistency and accuracy by automatic scrubbing and correcting the imported data in order to fit our needs and wants. It's a *must have* for every Raiser's Edge institution.

Pros

The software makes importing data into Raiser's Edge much easier and provides a ton of different data scrubbing and logic options. The various functions can end up saving an organization hours, if not entire days of work, depending on their import needs and data file. When we've had questions or suggestions they've quickly been addressed and new functions are being added all the time.

Cons

This is a serious data import program, so with that comes a certain amount of complexity. It takes a while to get the gist of how it all works and navigating through the various menu systems and options can be a little daunting at first.

Josh from Hillsdale College

An essential tool for moving bulk data into Raiser's Edge

Pros

The consolidation of many different import types - without ImportOmatic I would usually need several different files for a single import.

Cons

The difficulty with setting up schedules for imports.

Makes Importing a Breeze

Imports are easier and information can be imported all at once rather than multiple imports

Pros

Makes importing data so much easier from any source into Raiser's Edge

Cons

takes a bit of time to configure properly

Elizabeth from Juilliard School

ImportOmatic - Great Importing Tool

Overall, ImportOmatic is a very good import tool, because when it works it works. It just neatly puts the data in the fields I mapped. I have so much to learn, but I do like working with it.

Pros

I love that it's a pretty decent tool to easily map your fields to import. I love that it basis your import fields off of your spreadsheet and the fields set up in them. Also, I like that ImportOmatic gives you dictionaries and function settings to set up most common words that are misspelled, or abbreviations you can set up, so that when the system goes through the data, it imports the field into the database in the correct way. Wonderful.

Cons

As I understand that ImportOmatic wants it so you don't have to do a lot of preparation to the spreadsheet. That the idea is to make sure the system does the work. It's not always clear how to do this. Updating existing education records, adding appeals to a full list....

Helen from The Nature Consevancy of Canada

Ever since we got IOM, we've been really enjoying what it can do for us.

I save time and apply consistencies importing data from multiple sources.

Pros

Brandy from VMI Foundation, Inc.

Amazing product

Customer support and the knowledge the engineers have with building custom imports is amazing.

Pros

The ease of use with importing vs the basic RE import.

Cons

I don't have one, it is an amazing product.

Joan from University of Central Arkansas

More efficient using ImportOmatic

Before ImportOmatic, we would spend two days importing a new grad class. ImportOmatic reduced our processing time to a few hours.

Pros

We have used ImportOmatic for several years and have been very pleased with the product. Our import processes are much more efficient now as a result. I really like the interactive side-by-side comparison which allows me to select which data to import record by record.

Cons

I would like the ability to check for phone and email duplicates based on the actual phone number or email address, not just type.

Brian from American Ballet Theatre

Omatic has saved me so much time in importing data, but it is somewhat confusing to get a hold of it

It saves vast amounts of time and is quite a robust operation.

Pros

I love the vast amounts of data it can handle at once-- it has saved so much time in importing both gifts large and small, and constituent information.

Cons

Getting your feet wet with this software is somewhat daunting, as there are many intricacies in the software and imports cannot be reversed. It is also difficult in that some missing fields lead to constituents and gifts with information that need to be corrected.

Lisa from John Ball Zoo

Best software to import mass data effectively with flexibility

capabilities to connect 2 databases and analyze more effectively our customers

Pros

Ability to customize all fields, create virtual fields, score data and preview import before committing

Cons

minor thing is that the view on certain importing fields is small and training others to create maps and set up is difficult

Loual from St. Patrick's Cathedral

A need for large Data transfer

Our biggest problem was handling over 100,000 new constituents each year. this streamlined our ability to quickly handle 10-20k of new people every month.

Pros

I have a large amount of data being collected and Omatic solved my problem of getting the data in our RE database correctly. Besides the data it also helps with the gift processing from our Lumniate account.

Cons

Sometimes setting up the forms can be a little tricky if you are not use to setting them up.

Twila from World Gospel Mission

Great software!

We are getting our gifts imported from Site Stacker into Raiser's Edge. It saves time so we don't have to key them all in! We love it.

Pros

Help and upfront training with the ImportOmatic staff.

Cons

We like the software. It does what we need.

MichaelAnn from Denver Rescue Mission

ImportOmatic has been a great investment for our organization

Pros

You can import data from basically any source and you get to customize the import profile to fit your needs.

Cons

The only thing that is inconvenient is updating profiles and/or dictionaries after a version update.

Jennifer from Crisis Assistance Ministry

I love Omatic! The software and the company are tremendous!

Improved accuracy, merged dupe accounts with ease, bring NCOA changes into my database in minutes, track relationships between donors my mailing use to generate 100s of returned mail - now I get one piece returned in a 10,000 piece mailing - because of Omatic!

Pros

The software is so powerful! It can handle almost any field in my database - it handles more fields than the database can! Omatic software improves the functionality of my database.

Jack from UNSW

It's very useful software, however local support in Australia can be lacking

We are able to setup imports to RE without having to do too much work on the incoming files

Pros

It adds a lot of great functionality that isn't in RE but should be. It's also probably quite a bit easier to use than the Blackbaud Import, however we're well trained in that so we still use it at times

Cons

Mainly the lack of Australian support, and that I always feel like we aren't taking full advantage of it

Jaclyn from American Ballet Theatre

Industry: Performing Arts

Easy and cuts down on staff time

Pros

How much it speeds up importing and cuts down on duplicates. You have control without it taking hours and hours so sift through and match everything.

Cons

That fact that a lot of things you might need involve formulas you wouldn't know. For example, we needed to import credit card numbers into a batch. The numbers in the excel had a "cc-" in front of it. In order to import the numbers without having to manually remove the "cc-" our support person knew a code to do that, something we couldn't have known ourselves without much much more training.

Jacqueline from Cancer Wellness Center

Hard to get started, even for people with alot of RE experience. Instructions not always too clear.

Time saver, could check errors before the import was done.

Pros

Once you do get started,it integrates real well with Raisers Edge. A lot of fields you can import. Import time reasonably fast. I like the function that you can pull up the RE record right on the same screen. Reasonably priced.

Cons

A long learning curve. Explanations and instructions not too clear for a new user. Would like some hard copies of the training for training purposes. They updated our version without letting us know what fields had been changed, confusing!

Denise from Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana

We could not deliver our level of service to our organization without IOM.

Pros

Allows us to enter large amounts of data with accuracy and create minimal duplicates. IOM also is very flexible, letting you view and change record information during the import

Cons

I needed a little help with set up to get the most optimal settings.

Joel from California Lutheran University

ImportOmatic has saved us time on large new constituent and gift entry tasks.

Our team has been able to use this software to reduce the amount of person hours needed for several recurring large tasks monthly and through out the year.

Pros

Using ImportOmatic has allowed us to reduce the number of staffers needed and time taken on our large new constituent loads. It has also allowed us to integrate some third party info into our gift batch processes.

Cons

Some of the phone and address options are not compatible with our current data handling methods, but that is not necessarily a critique of those options. We've also experienced the need to change the same linking across multiple individual, but related, profiles when there were changes in methods within the source of the data.