• Pros

• " I use navicat daily to connect to all my remote databases, it is very flexible and easy to use, it has many useful features!"

• "This software makes Database management a breeze. I use it for Mysql queries, maintenance and scheduled backups and it couldnt be easier"

• "Several databases from the same application. Easy to use."

• Cons

• "Sometimes it can get a bit slow; However, that only happens when very large queries are made. Otherwise the application works just fine."

• "It takes a little while to get used to using this, but It's not that bad. Sometimes the Beautify SQL feature makes a mess."

• "On new versions sometimes it loads slower then in old version but overall it does not have any cons that I can mention here."

Browse Navicat Premium Reviews

Irfan from DatumSquare IT Services

Great tool for managing MySQL and other Databases

I am happy with overall usage of Navicat because it has helped in creating very complex SQL queries easily using its visual Query Builder. That's a plus

Pros

- Brilliant management of Several databases from one application. You can manage database on your local server or connect to any external server which is a great feature - One of the best feature which makes Navicat distinct to many other MySql applications is visual query builder where a user can drag and drop tables and make relationships using drag and drop - User can access more than one databases at the sometime - Very easy to use and supports so many database engines like PostgreSQL, MySql, Oracle and SqlLite plus cloud databases such as Amazon RDS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud

Cons

- One of the disadvantage of Navicat Premium is its a bit expensive as compared to some other solutions but at the same time has some great features which others don't provide - Biggest issue of this tools is it doesn't have a native Linux build you can run it in Linux using wine but no native build for Linux which kind of makes it a bit slower on Linux desktops - There are few bugs in the application in general but those bugs get solved with updates so overall a good application - I believe user experience can improve a bit to make it more easier for new users too

Reasons for Choosing Navicat Premium

Because of its vast range of supporting multiple database we chose Navicat. Especially because of its cloud based databases support.

Response from GrandSoft

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your valuable comments. In response to your Cons, I would like to provide more updated information here. (1) Navicat Subscription is now available Please click here for the pricing: https://www.navicat.com/en/store/navicat-premium-plan (2) Navicat now supports Linux natively We've put this as one of the highlights in the new version 15. For more details, please click: https://www.navicat.com/en/navicat-15-highlights Thanks again for choosing Navicat and share your review with Capterra audiences.

Aníbal from Banco Bicentenario, Banco Universal C.A.

Excellent, Navicat saves you a lot of work

Navicat has brought me many benefits, first of all it saves me time, there is no need to use several database clients, it allows me to automate tasks that run at night outside working hours, generate reports for my bosses, migrate information from one database to another. I am very happy with this software simplifies my life at work.

Pros

Navicat is an excellent database client, it simplifies a lot of work, it makes backups, the migration of information between tables even between different databases is simply incredible. The option to synchronize data is something that I use frequently in a positive way and I love that it is possible to automate the tasks. The graphical interface is very beautiful and attractive, it makes the work pleasant, it is very intuitive, which allows discovering new functionalities as the tool is used. A great point in its favor is the report creator. This functionality is vital for my daily work. Reverse engineering for an amazing and surprising database has helped me develop new systems that already exist and do not have database documentation. The SQL editor is very well done. I could not ask for more than what needs to be done.

Cons

Not everything can be perfect Navicat can not connect to the database DB2-AS400 which forces me to connect from another client this feature is important, another point against Navicat is that there is no native version for the Linux environment is necessary the wine emulator.

Mariam from Bank of Georgia

The most useful tool to work with Databases

Navicat has helped me and my team to be more productive. I think that its features and overall design help users be more efficient at what they do.

Pros

Navicat is one of the most effective tools there is when it comes to databases. It can connect to any type of database within few clicks and has many features to personalize your working space. For instance, I have a purely black background, which helps me concentrate better. In my opinion, Navicat is one of the must-have tools for everyone who has any sort of interaction with databases.

Cons

Navicat does not have preinstalled connectors. For instance, when you choose to connect to the MySQL database, it needs to connect to its servers and download required files. This might create some issues if you are only connected to the intranet or have a firewall that blocks downloads.

John from Fudigo AB

Great features, mediocre implementation, premium price-point

Pros

Navicat's range of features is second to none. Recent updates offer a huge UX improvement over previous versions.

Cons

The cost is difficult to justify for many use cases, and far higher than comparable products. The limits on their Navicat Cloud platform seem restrictive and arbitrary.

An Intuitive Database Client

This software is definitely our preffered choice when working with database, we've been using it for a while now and it has just made working with databases light work and I would definitely recommend it in my opinion.

Pros

It's an intuitive database client, most processes are easy and straight forward. I just can't explain how dead simple I feel this software is which makes it even better. It's great for working with different databases at the same time. Generating ERD models helps for documenting databases for legacy systems that without having to actually do this manually. It's ability to different database engines is great, for the greater part I know I don't have to worry about where I'm connecting to.

Cons

This one time it ran a query that was commented which ended up deleting a whole table because I had selected a certain area or something like that and when I clicked the query button I thought it would just run the whole thing and skipped the commented section. I felt like the software should've made it a bit more difficult to make such a mistake. The price tag is definitely on the higher end of products

Brian from Kibabii University

The magnificent answer for overseeing databases, clients and associations - Navicat Premium

I use Navicat Premium to oversee clients, associations, and databases. it additionally enables me to dole out various benefits to various clients relying upon the degree of data they require. it empowers me to perform questions on the databases and such. by and large, I think that its supportive when managing databases. I exceedingly prescribe the utilization of Navicat Premium in overseeing databases and clients since it is entirely solid and proficient notwithstanding additional abilities it comes with.

Pros

it is perfect with various OS platforms like Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. it has an instinctive interface it is easy to utilize it to oversee databases and association between the database and the interface. I can undoubtedly control, change and alter databases to sooth my prerequisites without fundamentally composing long and tedious language structure. accompanies a few incorporated highlights that make it dependable and proficient to deal with the databases. it is additionally conceivable to permit the cross-stage. it empowers reinforcement of databases and association so that in case they are lost you can without much of a stretch reestablish them.

Cons

it is very costly to purchase the Navicat Premium that accompanies full highlights. The free form does not mirror the full capacities of the superior form and can make clients end up considering different arrangements which are an incredible inverse since it is increasingly solid.

Ernesto Enrique from Bandit. The most wanted talent

Only one tool for every DB engine

With Navicat I saved time and space on my computer. With a single application I have everything I need and a little more.

Pros

Navicat allows you to save time by configuring work tools to manage your databases because it allows you to add among a large list of available engines. It is a fairly fast application and now that you have the service to store your connections in the cloud, it is much better, a single installation and all your connections where you want to be. What I like most is the assistant for complex queries, with a few clicks you can have queries in several tables and have incredible results.

Cons

I am a user of many operating systems both at home and at work and certainly Navicat is present in all of them but the appearance in Linux operating systems is quite outdated, I would like them to improve it.

Paul from Inseego Corp. (formerly Novatel Wireless, Inc)

If you need great DB management software. Buy this!

Pros

Feature-rich, easy to use, great connectivity. Create databases in Navicat is a breeze, whether you're a DBA or a developer. I used MySQL workbench, and that got me by. Then I tried Navicat and was immediately aware of all the things MySQL Workbench is missing. Navicat is one of those pieces of software you need your developers to have access to.

Cons

It is definitely pricey. When I was a contractor and first purchased this, I was not impressed at the price, mainly because I would have to deal with MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, and other database backends, so I had to buy the full package.

Ted from Independent

Best tool on the market for database administration, report creation, and database migration.

I can definitely say this software has increased my productivity and allowed me work with some databases that I was unfamiliar with.

Pros

Navicat is my favorite tool and a cornerstone of my development toolbox of programs that I use on a daily basis. From cloning websites to creating quick database scripts for chron jobs and timed reports. I highly recommend it.

Cons

There's really not much I could suggest to improve Navicat. Maybe a cloud synch to store database connection settings and possibly an option to store backups to online file storage such as dropbox, Google drive, etc.

Román Josué from Agile Solutions

All you need for Databases is Navicat Premium

Navicat is a great help and tool to: explore your database, create queries easily and fast, import and export your database, and much more!

Pros

I think Navicat Premium has the potential to be the only tool you need for working with databases. The query builder is just amazing, it helps you to build a query by just using drag-n-drop, which would be your final query or at least be a good base for a cumbersome query. The model explorer is another great tool, allowing you to see the diagram and navigate through it easily. Connecting to a database is also very simple. I used it a lot with PostgreSQL and it works perfectly, and I preferred to use Navicat than the pgAdmin.

Cons

When there are changes on the model and you want to update the diagram is not that simple, as usually leaves all the tables on the left-upper corner and you need to either move them manually or create the diagram again.

Eyamir from UDO

It is a very powerful and versatile database management tool, very easy to use

It has been a great help in the creation and administration of database that I have had to manage, as well as being very useful in the classes taught in database design, since it allows me to make a comparison of how to administer a database by console and as with a graphic tool

Pros

Its totally graphical user-friendly interface, which allows to carry out from the conceptual design to the physical design of the database in a very easy way, which makes it a powerful tool to be used by people who are not experts in the database administration. In addition to maintaining high compatibility with different DBMS such as MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQLite from a single application. Compatible with cloud databases such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud. Added to this allows you to manage the database easily and quickly, gives you the options of creating views, triggers, backup functions, synchronization, among others. You can create queries easily. Being able to create the code automatically compatible with the selected DBMS. It provides you with a free trial version for 14 days. Compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac. In addition to having extensive documentation and sites that provide support and documentation

Cons

Actually there is no feature that I do not like Navicat, the only thing I could say is that it is so useful that sometimes the people from so much use it lose a little bit of alacrity to download the database directly by console

Rock solid database tool

Faster SQL script learning curve, better productivity and great tool reliability.

Pros

My first contact with Navicat was about nine years ago, and I was learning SQL at that time. It helped me a lot because with it I didn't need to see only complex SQL strings at the console, no, Navicat has a very good interface where you can see the databases in a graphical way. The interface is very attractive and well organized, but it doesn't takes away it's power, you can do many things with the SQL editor; you can create functions, views, tables, indexes, you can do maintenances, check indexes and obviously view data. It's rock solid, you can trust it to make your database exports (quick backups) and also to restore data. It connects to many different sources, such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and many more... It worth the price!

Cons

It cannot deal very well with network oscillations, but I guess this is not the tool's fault, maybe the database drops the connection when you quickly disconnect from one network and reconnects. For example, if I'm executing a long SQL string with many INSERTs statements and my network drops for a couple seconds, the SQL Editor window freezes and the instruction is interrupted. Ideally, it should try to reconnect after and continues from where it stopped, but it doesn't. Again, this is the only con I have agaist Navicat and maybe this couldn't be the tool's fault.

Tigran from Arctig

Review for Navicat

Overall it's a great software for web and software developers for working with database , it has major database clients inside it and it's very simple to use.

Pros

This is the most usable app for database I've seen during my career. It has all features that software developer needs for working with database. Most important it has simple UI and it's very easy to use. It has visualisation of tables connections which is one of the best features of Navicat.

Reasons for Switching to Navicat Premium

Trully telling the the workflow and UX of other db clients make me switch, there where not like easy to use.

Pete from Creative Interface

I have used Navicat everyday for more than 10 years and it is a 'goto' tool for me.

Very easy to find data and update records. Data syncronization tools are very intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Easy connection management, ability to save queries, easy access to tables,queries,stored procedures and triggers. This tool is easy to use yet powerful, I really like the tabbed interface approach allowing for grouping of separated queries and tables.

Cons

I would really love it if they could add the ability to search for a column in the table view by name, I waste a lot of time scrolling horizontally through tables looking for specific columns, granted, I could write a quick select query to find the data but sometimes it is really useful to be able to update the tables directly for small updates.

Valerio from Wallace Solution

Several databases from the same application

I think I've been a Navicat user for over six years. What I like most is that from a simple interface, I can manage a large number of databases. Create queries, filter results and even use the console. It is a great tool with many features. You can currently connect to the following databases: MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQLite. Navicat Premium enables you to efficiently transfer data across various database systems or to plain text files with SQL format and encoding. Batch jobs for different types of databases can be scheduled to run at a specific time.

Pros

Several databases from the same application. Easy to use.

My Favorite DB Admin tool

Pros

Navicat is a great DB admin tool, that makes navigating a database very easy and intuitive. I especially love the query builder, which makes writing queries a breeze for anyone with even a little bit of exposure to SQL. Very easy to Navigate between different types of databases. Makes my life so convenient to be able to do so.

Cons

The only con of this software is the price. If you work with different types of databases and need to regularly navigate between them, this software may be worth it. Otherwise, a cheaper software is probably more suitable.

Joel Isaac from Facware

The right tool if you use multiple database engines

Today is one of my mine application for developing software. For me...is necessary to make efficiently my job.

Pros

I am a multiple database engine user and I had a database manager for every engine that I use, then I started to use Navicat Premium I was able to manage all my database only with a single application.

Cons

In some database engines such as Microsoft SQL sometimes you can not edit or update tables properties and then you have to go to Microsft official tool to do it.

Best software for DB

My experience is great, is the software I use for DB (Mysql and Pgsql). The only bad things I can say are the cons that I already mentioned.

Pros

1) Easy to use 2) search trough data is so easy. 3) perform queries is extremely easy. 4) is not a heavy software

Cons

1) kind of expensive (for a person, not a company). 2) I have found complicated to recover the code from a function and I had to perform a query to recover it.

Branimir from Financial Services

One of the most useful DB tools

Pros

Having used this tool has made my job tasks a lot easier. With having a lot of SQLite and MS SQL DBs on our systems, this gave me a possibility to do a lot of test queries before putting them in the system which doesn't have such options. Doing reports has become an easy task.

Cons

I'm lazy query but Navicat changed me

Pros

Easy to use Easy to connect with various kind of DB UX is really good, it's a huge plus points. When I was a QA so query DB sometime it's horrible each time I need to test Data and Database. Navicat changed me. Thanks you

Cons

Export DB diagram is somehow hard to use. I feel the query result were sometime slower than Workbench (same query, same DB???)

Carsten from Limited Liability Company

Navicat is life changing

This software has let me do my job faster. I hate using PHP MyAdmin as everything takes too long.

Pros

Cons

I am struggling to think of something I DONT like about Navicat. Some of the documentation is vague but that is solved by going to the Forums.

Simon from Lurhsoft

Navicat premium have improved my experience in database adminstration and development

I have had a better experience in general database adminstration and development, ability to connect to multiple databases fromt the same interface as well as easiness in query editing.

Pros

Navicat premium lets me connect to MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQLite databases from a single interface, editting sql queries have been made so much easier and as a developer Navicat premium have increased my prodctivity.

Cons

Navicat cons are you need about 10 hours to familiarise yourself with this tool as well as knowledge in database development and adminstration.

Jennifer from NC Conference of The United Methodist Church

Great for a SQL Newbie!

I am able to use Navicat with our database to pull very helpful information out of our financial system that we are unable to access using the user interface of the program. It's saved us multiple times already!

Pros

I love that my project stays synced up in the cloud and it allows me to stay organized. I am able to organize tables, queries, and views in virtual folders that help me stay focused on the areas most important to my work. I am new to using SQL and it has been a very user-friendly tool and very useful in my day-to-day work.

Cons

There are many more features than I've had time to explore. I wish there were little tips that were offered periodically to help learn new things about how to use it.

Wesley from USC

Top SQL tools

Because there are several different databases used by different systems, it is useful to use navicat integrate all of them.

Pros

It can let you access several databases at the same time, user friendly.

Cons

No link server like ms sql manager, it is good to have the feature that several database query in just one open windows.

Petr from Kryobyte

Time saver. Not necessary to learn or install every management software for every database engine.

It's time saver, small piece of software and very universal.

Pros

one software for all databases easy to use, not necessary to learn something new quick startup, small size

Cons

not every feature of every DB engine is implemented not available MRU for CTRL+TAB UI colors are too bright, it's very difficult to fast focus on impoertant area

Aditya from ComplianceTech

SQL === Navicat

Data Manipulation, Extraction, Import etc

Pros

Offers a nice and tight native feeling user interface. Most tasks can be accomplished in a straightforward manner, quickly and efficiently. Great integration of copy and paste for quickly moving data to other apps, e.g. Excel or Sublime Text. I really like the editing and filtering options in the grid view, they are really powerful in comparison to most GUI clients

Cons

Upgrade pricing is too high. There are way too many different flavours and confusing purchasing options. There is gap between appstore and webstore, with disadvantages for the appstore user.

Jeremie from Jeremie Weldin

The only real option

Have used it for many years. It is the inly real option when writing queries for databases.

Pros

Usability. Layout. Functionality. Stability.

Cons

Sometimes it crashes. I also hate that sometimes you can’t save over your saved queries.

It just works.

This is a fantastic query tool

This product has been invaluable over the years. It saves so much time both creating, running, and exporting query data.

Pros

Drag and drop visual editor makes for easy query building.

Cons

Would be nice if there was a native subquery builder like on some other tools.

Great tool for connecting to multiple DBs at once.

Pros

This is our goto product for all the various databases we use. It is much easier to use 1 tool to connect to them then 3 or 4.

Cons

I don't like having to renew my license each year. I'd rather just buy the product since we never upgrade it.

Sean from University Of Malta

Extensive database support

It is just the easiest way to open up any local or remote database and get a better idea of what a particular project is doing on the data management side of things.

Pros

The fact that this software supports anything you can imagine out there, intuitive options to view and update datasets, with sophisticated filter and sorting options.

Cons

I would like a simple means of setting up a composite view of multiple databases based on relations, and more intelligent data inputting, such as a calendar input for date fields.

Yanelly from Hunatec

I really like navicat

Pros

Cons

I like everything about this tool, it's very good

Essential for Database Management

I'm user about 6 years

Pros

Best database management software Lot of great features: data sync, structure sync between servers Auto backups

Cons

Maybe the price if you need the pro features

August 2016

kevin from GS consulting

August 2016

The best Universal Database Tool for MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server and SQLite

I've tried many GUI but most only supporting a single database such as MySQL. However, Navicat Premium allows you to work with most database types: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and even Oracle. On top of that, the interface for managing the creation of tables and databases is a lot more feature-packed than that of most free tools. Managing and creating things like Stored Procedures is also a lot easier and helped with autocompleting your query code as well.

Pros

- Supporting Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite and Oracle - Excellent choice of import/export options - Nice UI, Easy to use - Data and structure synchronization - SQL code completion

Cons

- The cost of a license ranges from $79 to $998

Eddy from Sopra Steria

Simply the best piece of software to manage your databases

Very happy with it. I use it since many years and have never regret that.

Pros

The ease of connecting, manage and develop the databases is incredible easy. Most of it is drag and drop. The functionalities are endless and every upgrade (frequently) new features are added. So easy to use.

Cons

Of course the price could be an issue, but then consider the time you can spent on other tasks as this tool is really very good and easy in use.

Review for Navicat Premium

Pros

Navicat Premium is so easy to use. It can connect many databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQLite,...

Cons

It is expensive. If you use MacOS, you can download Sequel Pro.

The best sw to manage databases

Exceptional and professional tool for those who have to deal with large or small amounts of data with a certain continuity.

Pros

Navicat Premium helps you to connect and manage various databases, such as MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, SQL Server, SQLite, Oracle & PostgreSQL. Inside it has all the functions to import and export data in any format, even with copy and paste. It also has a very useful data modeling for database architecture. An investment that is worth the expense, because you will be rewarded in a big way!

Cons

We need in-depth knowledge of database operation and the attention that a database deserves, always making copies before changes that can lead to data loss

Edward from Wallace Solution C.A.

It's a nice and clearly software for to use mysql

It's very easy an clearly to use this software for many database systems

Pros

I like it because it works in multiple operative systems, and all I need make with the databases I can find it immediately in this software

Cons

i can't change the language in this software to my tongue language or i don't know where change it, this software don't show me where i can change it.

Brian from University of West Florida

Great tool for databases - no matter what your source is...

Pros

This is a great tool to help visualize databases and various database functionality. You can utilize pretty much all popular data sources with this application.

Cons

Wish it had more tools with extensive functionality that would work with mobile devices. It would make mobile modification and manipulation more attainable.

Naufal from GL Plus

Navicat Premium Review

Pros

- User Experience is the best feature that make me easily manage my databases - Flexibility - Support many DBMS

Cons

- I cannot open two tables in separate tabs for comparing data

Reasons for Choosing Navicat Premium

Because navicat premium is powerful software i think

Alex from Softelinet Soluciones Tecnológicas,C.A.

very useful and versatile database manager

it is totally recommended the use of this database manager, in the course of my career they showed it to me and now I use it every time I need to work with a mysql database

Pros

what I like the most is its easy access and management to all types of relational database, it has very necessary functionalities and that help the diary any programmer or dba

Cons

you have to learn and read very well how to use it because sometimes the actions are not at first sight

Jesse from Never Ever Ordinary- Intentional Data. Intelligent Growth.

Best sql editor on the market. The smart text is awesome

If you are doing a lot of data analysis using multiple data sources this is the tool. Did I mention the smart text

Pros

The smart text is unreal. The table schema builder is awesome. Setting up new connectors, tables, etc is really easy You can cannot different types of databases into here

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like.

Easy management

The first time i used navicat i knew i found what i just needed to manage and design DBs, i tried few times to find if there was another similar Application and no other DB manager does what navicat can do.

Pros

Manage all databases no matter the engine i can do all with a single application. Easy database management, creating querys is very simple without even writing a single line of code.

Cons

You can move data from what DB to other DB but cant still able to move data to certain DB engines.

Angel from Compasso Technology

Amazing tool!

Navicat help our business partners to solve a data migration between many stores

Pros

Great software to integrate with other databases that have some application depends on data migration. The intuitive tools like export to CSV, JSON is an example of how Navicat can help you to solve administrative problems very fast and easily because of usability is simple.

Cons

Choose this software if you have a complex application

Boariu from GainBucks

SQL data management.

The program helped me a lot with .xml and other files within db that can't be inserted or modified with normal db managements.

Pros

Navicat lets you to do more than it can be made with the simple sql management and it also let's you to backup the data to many more features.

Cons

The software gets everything that needs to make a full DB management so i have nothing to say.

Khairul Aizat from Informology Sdn Bhd

Great Database Management Tools

Pros

Easy to use for managing multi-type of databases

Cons

Wish to have native application for linux platform

Chau from VED Co. Ltd

Simple, fast, and intuitive access to all of your databases from the desktop

I'm using Navicat Premium. The best part of Navicat premium is the database migration features, which you can drag and drop tables from Oracle to MySQL, PostgreSQL to MySQL and vice versa. or to a plain text file with designated SQL format and encoding. Meanwhile, you can transfer database data between different servers across various database platfrom. For those who work cross-database, Navicat Premium is definitely must-have database management software that removes all the headache of working with multiple applications & compatibility problems between databases.

multi dbms in one software

Pros

A complete software to manage your databases, you don't need to learn about it because it's easy to use.

Cons

Exporting requires more steps than it should, sometimes I get timeouts without a detailed error message so debugging is hard.

Victor from Nifty LAS

Great all in one solution

This tool is great for developers that heavily rely on database management. It has support for most of databases out there. The UI is also great and constantly improving(unlike other bloated solutions). The pricing is also nice, as it is a one time fee (license). The biggest plus in my opinion is the multi platform availability(Windows, Linux, Mac)

Jon from Wimsatt Building Materials

The best DB Admin Tool there is

As an admin of many databases - and not a subject matter expert in any of them - Navicat has been my saving grace. I'm able to connect, configure, migrate, and schedule tasks via Navicat with little working knowledge of SQL. I couldn't do all the fun and exciting things I do without Navicat.

Spencer from Gengo

A great tool for pulling data from our DB

With Navicat, our company can query or DB to access the data required for the day. It's lightweight yet powerful for everyone in the company regardless of skill-set. We've been using this tool for a number of years and it has been wieldy accepted internally.