Navicat Premium Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2020

• icon"The option to synchronize data is something that I use frequently in a positive way and I love that it is possible to automate the tasks."
  • icon"An investment that is worth the expense, because you will be rewarded in a big way."
  • icon"Navicat is a great DB admin tool, that makes navigating a database very easy and intuitive."
  • icon"I don't like having to renew my license each year. I'd rather just buy the product since we never upgrade it."
  • icon"Export DB diagram is somehow hard to use. I feel the query result were sometime slower than Workbench (same query, same DB???)."
  • icon"I felt like the software should've made it a bit more difficult to make such a mistake."

Browse all Navicat Premium Reviews

• Have you used Navicat Premium and would like to share your experience with others?

Irfan

Great tool for managing MySQL and other Databases

I am happy with overall usage of Navicat because it has helped in creating very complex SQL queries easily using its visual Query Builder. That's a plus

Pros

- Brilliant management of Several databases from one application. You can manage database on your local server or connect to any external server which is a great feature - One of the best feature which makes Navicat distinct to many other MySql applications is visual query builder where a user can drag and drop tables and make relationships using drag and drop - User can access more than one databases at the sometime - Very easy to use and supports so many database engines like PostgreSQL, MySql, Oracle and SqlLite plus cloud databases such as Amazon RDS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud

Cons

- One of the disadvantage of Navicat Premium is its a bit expensive as compared to some other solutions but at the same time has some great features which others don't provide - Biggest issue of this tools is it doesn't have a native Linux build you can run it in Linux using wine but no native build for Linux which kind of makes it a bit slower on Linux desktops - There are few bugs in the application in general but those bugs get solved with updates so overall a good application - I believe user experience can improve a bit to make it more easier for new users too

Reasons for choosing Navicat Premium

Because of its vast range of supporting multiple database we chose Navicat. Especially because of its cloud based databases support.

Response from GrandSoft

Thanks for your valuable comments. In response to your Cons, I would like to provide more updated information here. (1) Navicat Subscription is now available Please click here for the pricing: https://www.navicat.com/en/store/navicat-premium-plan (2) Navicat now supports Linux natively We've put this as one of the highlights in the new version 15. For more details, please click: https://www.navicat.com/en/navicat-15-highlights Thanks again for choosing Navicat and share your review with Capterra audiences.

Replied December 2019

efrain

November 2022

Excelente manejador de base de datos

las ventajas que nos dio fue poder tener todos los datos a la mano y poder generar reportes en cuestión de minutos los cuales son de gran ayuda para la toma de decisiones. La facilidad de manejar las bases de datos de todos los sistemas que se tiene implementados en la empresa

Pros

La facilidad de diseñar bases de datos , administrar , y la versatilidad de poder manejar los datos a los formatos que mejor te convenga en caso de requerir exportarlo

Cons

cumplió con nuestras expectativas de uso para el propósito que se tiene

Reasons for choosing Navicat Premium

Las características que nos ofrecieron en la version premium nos resultaron fenomenales por el precio que se pago , y cabe destacar que la licencia fue perpetua

Giuseppe

April 2022

Good software but with some bugs in MacOS

Pros

Excellent cloud management of db, using same software over more device the synchronization is wonderful.

Cons

Is a very expensive compared to functionalities that give, the premium version doesn’t even provide sql autocomplete. In some cases during restore after backup, give errors. With other software the same procedure does not give any issue.

Great features, mediocre implementation, premium price-point

Pros

Navicat's range of features is second to none. Recent updates offer a huge UX improvement over previous versions.

Cons

The cost is difficult to justify for many use cases, and far higher than comparable products. The limits on their Navicat Cloud platform seem restrictive and arbitrary.

Rolando

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Me encanta Navicat Premium

El proceso de migracion de nuestro sitio web de un hosting a otro ha sido mucho mas facil gracias a navicat

Pros

Muy facil de usar, muy estable, intuitivo con todas las funciones necesarias y suficientes para la gestion los motores de base de datos SQL

Cons

El precio en un tanto, pero en definitiva vale la pena por una herramienta profesional

An Intuitive Database Client

This software is definitely our preffered choice when working with database, we've been using it for a while now and it has just made working with databases light work and I would definitely recommend it in my opinion.

Pros

It's an intuitive database client, most processes are easy and straight forward. I just can't explain how dead simple I feel this software is which makes it even better. It's great for working with different databases at the same time. Generating ERD models helps for documenting databases for legacy systems that without having to actually do this manually. It's ability to different database engines is great, for the greater part I know I don't have to worry about where I'm connecting to.

Cons

This one time it ran a query that was commented which ended up deleting a whole table because I had selected a certain area or something like that and when I clicked the query button I thought it would just run the whole thing and skipped the commented section. I felt like the software should've made it a bit more difficult to make such a mistake. The price tag is definitely on the higher end of products

Aníbal

Excellent, Navicat saves you a lot of work

Navicat has brought me many benefits, first of all it saves me time, there is no need to use several database clients, it allows me to automate tasks that run at night outside working hours, generate reports for my bosses, migrate information from one database to another. I am very happy with this software simplifies my life at work.

Pros

Navicat is an excellent database client, it simplifies a lot of work, it makes backups, the migration of information between tables even between different databases is simply incredible. The option to synchronize data is something that I use frequently in a positive way and I love that it is possible to automate the tasks. The graphical interface is very beautiful and attractive, it makes the work pleasant, it is very intuitive, which allows discovering new functionalities as the tool is used. A great point in its favor is the report creator. This functionality is vital for my daily work. Reverse engineering for an amazing and surprising database has helped me develop new systems that already exist and do not have database documentation. The SQL editor is very well done. I could not ask for more than what needs to be done.

Cons

Not everything can be perfect Navicat can not connect to the database DB2-AS400 which forces me to connect from another client this feature is important, another point against Navicat is that there is no native version for the Linux environment is necessary the wine emulator.

Mariam

The most useful tool to work with Databases

Navicat has helped me and my team to be more productive. I think that its features and overall design help users be more efficient at what they do.

Pros

Navicat is one of the most effective tools there is when it comes to databases. It can connect to any type of database within few clicks and has many features to personalize your working space. For instance, I have a purely black background, which helps me concentrate better. In my opinion, Navicat is one of the must-have tools for everyone who has any sort of interaction with databases.

Cons

Navicat does not have preinstalled connectors. For instance, when you choose to connect to the MySQL database, it needs to connect to its servers and download required files. This might create some issues if you are only connected to the intranet or have a firewall that blocks downloads.

Ernesto Enrique

Only one tool for every DB engine

With Navicat I saved time and space on my computer. With a single application I have everything I need and a little more.

Pros

Navicat allows you to save time by configuring work tools to manage your databases because it allows you to add among a large list of available engines. It is a fairly fast application and now that you have the service to store your connections in the cloud, it is much better, a single installation and all your connections where you want to be. What I like most is the assistant for complex queries, with a few clicks you can have queries in several tables and have incredible results.

Cons

I am a user of many operating systems both at home and at work and certainly Navicat is present in all of them but the appearance in Linux operating systems is quite outdated, I would like them to improve it.

If you need great DB management software. Buy this!

Pros

Feature-rich, easy to use, great connectivity. Create databases in Navicat is a breeze, whether you're a DBA or a developer. I used MySQL workbench, and that got me by. Then I tried Navicat and was immediately aware of all the things MySQL Workbench is missing. Navicat is one of those pieces of software you need your developers to have access to.

Cons

It is definitely pricey. When I was a contractor and first purchased this, I was not impressed at the price, mainly because I would have to deal with MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, and other database backends, so I had to buy the full package.

Keith

Industry: Sporting Goods

October 2022

Venum and Navicat

Pros

Without doubt, the easy to use user interface. Everything is simplified, and logical - all of which save time when accessing data or database dev.

Cons

The learning curve is steep for users unfamiliar with SQL, but the entire platform's community is friendly and helpful!

Andres

May 2022

Must have tool for databases

the most complete tool for every day work with database server

Pros

visual query builder save a lot of my daily work time

Cons

query builder doesnt support subquery yet.

because the query builder

Pius

My Review of Navicat

Easy to use. The ability to support different databases is so great.

Pros

This software makes it easy to manage databases with its user friendly UI. It has good features that automatically saves the developers or other other users time getting all the SQL shell commands.

Cons

I tried exporting the whole database in one sql file but got independent tables saved as files. Otherwise the tool is great and so far my best Database management tool.

Jon

Industry: Mining & Metals

May 2022

Navicat works great for msSQL

Good

Pros

Easy to manage table development alternatives

Cons

Seems like the cost is a little to great

Reasons for switching to Navicat Premium

easy to follow data flow

Eyamir

It is a very powerful and versatile database management tool, very easy to use

It has been a great help in the creation and administration of database that I have had to manage, as well as being very useful in the classes taught in database design, since it allows me to make a comparison of how to administer a database by console and as with a graphic tool

Pros

Its totally graphical user-friendly interface, which allows to carry out from the conceptual design to the physical design of the database in a very easy way, which makes it a powerful tool to be used by people who are not experts in the database administration. In addition to maintaining high compatibility with different DBMS such as MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQLite from a single application. Compatible with cloud databases such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud. Added to this allows you to manage the database easily and quickly, gives you the options of creating views, triggers, backup functions, synchronization, among others. You can create queries easily. Being able to create the code automatically compatible with the selected DBMS. It provides you with a free trial version for 14 days. Compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac. In addition to having extensive documentation and sites that provide support and documentation

Cons

Actually there is no feature that I do not like Navicat, the only thing I could say is that it is so useful that sometimes the people from so much use it lose a little bit of alacrity to download the database directly by console

Rock solid database tool

Faster SQL script learning curve, better productivity and great tool reliability.

Pros

My first contact with Navicat was about nine years ago, and I was learning SQL at that time. It helped me a lot because with it I didn't need to see only complex SQL strings at the console, no, Navicat has a very good interface where you can see the databases in a graphical way. The interface is very attractive and well organized, but it doesn't takes away it's power, you can do many things with the SQL editor; you can create functions, views, tables, indexes, you can do maintenances, check indexes and obviously view data. It's rock solid, you can trust it to make your database exports (quick backups) and also to restore data. It connects to many different sources, such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and many more... It worth the price!

Cons

It cannot deal very well with network oscillations, but I guess this is not the tool's fault, maybe the database drops the connection when you quickly disconnect from one network and reconnects. For example, if I'm executing a long SQL string with many INSERTs statements and my network drops for a couple seconds, the SQL Editor window freezes and the instruction is interrupted. Ideally, it should try to reconnect after and continues from where it stopped, but it doesn't. Again, this is the only con I have agaist Navicat and maybe this couldn't be the tool's fault.

Brian

The magnificent answer for overseeing databases, clients and associations - Navicat Premium

I use Navicat Premium to oversee clients, associations, and databases. it additionally enables me to dole out various benefits to various clients relying upon the degree of data they require. it empowers me to perform questions on the databases and such. by and large, I think that its supportive when managing databases. I exceedingly prescribe the utilization of Navicat Premium in overseeing databases and clients since it is entirely solid and proficient notwithstanding additional abilities it comes with.

Pros

it is perfect with various OS platforms like Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. it has an instinctive interface it is easy to utilize it to oversee databases and association between the database and the interface. I can undoubtedly control, change and alter databases to sooth my prerequisites without fundamentally composing long and tedious language structure. accompanies a few incorporated highlights that make it dependable and proficient to deal with the databases. it is additionally conceivable to permit the cross-stage. it empowers reinforcement of databases and association so that in case they are lost you can without much of a stretch reestablish them.

Cons

it is very costly to purchase the Navicat Premium that accompanies full highlights. The free form does not mirror the full capacities of the superior form and can make clients end up considering different arrangements which are an incredible inverse since it is increasingly solid.

Tigran

Review for Navicat

Overall it's a great software for web and software developers for working with database , it has major database clients inside it and it's very simple to use.

Pros

This is the most usable app for database I've seen during my career. It has all features that software developer needs for working with database. Most important it has simple UI and it's very easy to use. It has visualisation of tables connections which is one of the best features of Navicat.

Cons

On new versions sometimes it loads slower then in old version but overall it does not have any cons that I can mention here.

Reasons for switching to Navicat Premium

Trully telling the the workflow and UX of other db clients make me switch, there where not like easy to use.

Pete