What are SQL Complete users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SQL Complete software through verified user reviews

• icon"It has a lot of good features that helps the development."
  • icon"The ease and speed is what I like most about this application. I use it, primarily, to write and format SQL codes."
  • icon"SQL Complete is a great tool to help out in a huge database environment, it has made my life easier."
  • icon"Nearly every time I upgrade, change machines, renew, add a sister product, etc. there is some trouble that costs me time."
  • icon"Imagine having to do that for over 20 lines of code, it becomes cumbersome hence I'm forced to use Apex SQL which has the feature that I needed."
  • icon"Every damn time there's an upgrade some new problem appears,, it is a hazzle and I curse myself every time I decide to upgrade instead of ignoring the upgrade."

Browse all SQL Complete Reviews

• Have you used SQL Complete and would like to share your experience with others?

Juan Angel

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Sql Completes my life

Pros

Cons

IT gets stuck from time to time as it needs to update the tables from time to time if there are multiple administrators working on the database.

Rich Capabilites

Love it! I only use SQL Complete and one other tool set (SSMS Tools).

Pros

When I first started using SQL Complete, it was only a few weeks after using it that I could see the benefits. It was easy configure and start using right away and has become an integral part of my development work flow. Especially since I started my career as a sql server database developer. Today, my efficiency is probably tripped as I've become a more seasoned user.

Cons

Dependency tracing; visually show how objects are dependent and nested together. I'm a single developer, and its cost is getting pricey. But its still worth the value the time of writing.

Karl

Industry: Oil & Energy

May 2022

Decent software - updates often break functionality

Pros

I use SQL complete mostly for its tab coloring, code completion and suggestion functionality. It does a decent job.

Cons

-Updates often break existing functionality. I've had to revert to previous version a couple of times. -Support is responsive but often not helpful. Have an issue with code outlining disappearing. After constant back and forth, I finally sent videos of the issue that proves that the issue goes away when i uninstall SQLComplete. I've not heard back from support

Amr

June 2022

A great tool

Easy to use and worth the money.

Pros

Easy to use, and a lot of functionalities.

Cons

The program is a bit slow at the start but once it started it's very easy to use.

Partha

Useful SQL development tool

We're trying to faster and better code. SQL complete is easy to install and has an intuitively designed.

Pros

I use this software daily whilst at work. I find the code completion features such as the Intellisense really helpful when coding - it helps me to write code quicker. The contextual list of tables or fields is customizable in size which is useful when dealing with longer names. The execution history helps to find code that I previously run that I no longer have.

Cons

Some times the local cache takes a long time and does not show the current list of fields or tables.

April 2022

Everything you need for database administration

We use DB Forge for our daily work with SQL Server. Especially when developing database applications, DB Forge makes a great contribution.

Pros

DB Forge is an almost complete tool when it comes to SQL database administration and development. Especially the numerous functions around the editing of data or the creation of scripts is excellently solved.

Cons

It would be great if there would be automation for generating (CRUD)-code snippets for for example C#, vb.net etc. besides the classic T-SQL scripts.

Reasons for choosing SQL Complete

More features, better price.

More performance, less costs

Great SQL development and productivity tool with SSMS

Pros

It materially improves SQL coding development time with autocomplete, templates and other various code snippets. In addition the code formatting also helps with readability. It also enhances the SSMS tool with colour coding, saving open tabs etc to also improve productivity.

Cons

There's nothing I could suggest that could be improved.

Avis sur SQL Complete

J'utilise SQL complete dans Sql Management Studio pour faciliter l'écriture des requêtes et le formatage automatique du SQL

Pros

Le produit est facile a utiliser, il y a des mises a jours régulières. L'IntelliSense s'affiche très rapidement.

Cons

il manque encore pas mal de fonctionnalité par rapport a d'autres outils tel que Sql Assistant

Reasons for switching to SQL Complete

pour le prix, SQL complete est moins cher que SQL Assistant ( mais fait un peu moins de chose également) Je me pose la question de revenir ou pas sur Sql Assistant

April 2022

Great tool for sql developers

A great product that I use practically every day. Allows me to get things done quickly, efficiently, and cleanly.

Pros

Extensive formatting, intellisense, query result actions

Cons

Integration with visual studio 2022. Redgate appears to have integrated into vs 22 where I have yet to see the integration for sql complete

Cost and feature set

Marlon

April 2022

A good tool to have on hand when developing SQL

It has help me on my daily basics SQL development. Write fast any query.

Pros

It is fast and easy to use. It help you to concentrate on the logic making easy to find table/column names at easy. The Snippets Manager is good and allow you to do your own snippets that is very useful. But it has built in snippets that are good.

Cons

Do not work well with VS. But in SSMS works perfect.

Tony

This is the best out of the 3 professional tools that I've used

Pros

The ease and speed is what I like most about this application. I use it, primarily, to write and format SQL codes. I love that it has an execution history. I don't often use it but it's very convenient when the need arise. The other tools that I've used, for the same purpose, is Toad for SQL and Apex SQL. It's been too long since I've used Toad for SQL but its performance was comparable to SQL Complete. It's setup and features, however, was too many and too complex. Code formatting with SQL Complete is instantaneous vs Apex SQL which appears to run in a separate process and takes several seconds just to format. I tend to write and test several SQL statements on the same page thus I find it very useful that I can execute the current statement that my cursor is on rather than having to highlight it first.

Cons

One of the biggest feature that I use often and am forced to use a different package for that's missing from this app is the ability to copy the SQL statement so that I can use it in C#. I format the statement to make it easier to read but want to keep that formatting when converting to C# so I use a string builder to do something like below. When debugging, it's convenient to copy the sb output preformatted as well thus I don't have to reformat it. Imagine having to do that for over 20 lines of code, it becomes cumbersome hence I'm forced to use Apex SQL which has the feature that I needed. sb.AppendLine("SELECT * FROM Table") sb.AppendLine(" WHERE Field = 'something'")

Reasons for switching to SQL Complete

Performance and ease of use

Jason

Great product with one minor flaw

Pros

SQL Complete works as expected. It makes writing queries significantly easier and helps eliminate mistakes as you write your queries. The auto-complete feature is invaluable.

Cons

The main issue with this product is that every time it updates, it kills the user license, and you have to log in and release the hardware associated with your license and then re-activate the product. This activation issue happens every time there is an update to SQL Complete.

Reasons for choosing SQL Complete

Price

Roy

Great product for real SQL Developers

We write SQL all day, every day. SQL complete helps a lot. Also allows new employees to learn the system and naming convention much more quickly.

Pros

Intellisense works great. The intellisense build into SSMS does not work for databases with a lot of tables and fields. Automatic Joins for ON clause. If you use recommended naming convention for your SQL Server tables, SQL Complete is awesome.

Cons

Assigning keys to users. We have a team of 14 users. SQL Complete web admin pages does not allow me to name each user. Because it checks, it the admin screen could also have a last time the key was used.

Jerry

Indespensible

I use it daily. We have an in-house iOS app that constantly needs to communicate with our back-end sql server and is under continuous development. SQL Complete makes writing queries joy and saves many frustrating hours internet searching solutions.

Pros

SQL Complete makes database management so effortless. I could not be happier with its ease of use and functionality.

Cons

I really can't think of any downsides. Its been an awesome utility. Can't do without it.

Adam

Solid tool for what I've used it for

I don't use all of the features of this tool and I'm certain that there are other features and functionality that would help even more but I have basically used this as a tool for making writing queries faster.

Pros

I like that it speeds up the construction of queries by offering prompts for references to attributes that are either available in the tables you're referring to or the attributes that you've already included in other selects and joins. It helps to maintain consistent syntax throughout the query creation, and speeds up the process of troubleshooting.

Cons

I haven't hit any negatives yet. It just works.

SQL Complete makes programmers' life a lot easier

Pros

1. Easy to change the format based on your preference; easy to share the same format with others 2. Like the intellisense 3. Easy to install and easy to use.

Cons

Occasionally there is a lag in the intellisense.

Essential for anyone who has to write and maintain any SQL

It's been rock solid for me. Never skipped a beat!

Pros

I just loved that it filled in the missing functionality in SMSS. The code completion feature is what I use most daily! No need to remember which schema the table or object belongs to. Super helpful when discovering and navigating a new database as well.

Cons

None. It just works in the way I need it to perfectly!

April 2022

A time-saver for your DB exploration

Very positive, I definitely miss it when working in SSMS instances that don't have it installed

Pros

When analyzing database object, being able to immediately identify an item in object explorer and open its DDL with a simple key combination is a huge plus

Cons

It doesn't yet play cool with more esoteric SQL Server variants like Serverless Synapse Analytics pools and Azure SQL DB, some features are missing there SQL Code formatting could be more customizable

Reasons for switching to SQL Complete

The old tool wasn't being kept up to date by the vendor

Graham

Excellent

Improves coding time and better formatting of queries.

Pros

Works much better than standard SSMS Intellisense, which only really works on a "local" database. SQL Complete is quite happy with remote servers and very responsive

Cons

Would be really great if it could work with linked servers.

April 2022

Good plugin to make SQL manage studio better

Pros

It is easy to get going and the plugin is feature rich.

Cons

Nothing special, I am in general very satisfied.

Blave

I can't leave SQL Complete

Pros

Prevent directly DELETE without WHERE clause.

Cons

I really like SQL Complete, I can't figure out Cons...

Using is easy

Pros

Backup and recover of databses is just as easy as it could be

Cons

maybe one feature - could be useful - but maybe that is not possible - that you could restore data thats not older than x days

Martin

Every damn time there's an upgrade some new problem appears

Pros

It has a lot of good features that helps the development

Cons

Every damn time there's an upgrade some new problem appears,, it is a hazzle and I curse myself every time I decide to upgrade instead of ignoring the upgrade It is often slow, and sometimes it doesn't make any suggestions at all

Sami

Good tools

SQL Complete Helps me to accelerate writing scripts

Pros

It's simple to use, the reactivity of this software is good (response time).

Cons

the notification popup is big, frequently displayed and the option not show again is not appear clearly to disable this popup.

Mike

Doesn't play well with updates or sister products

Well, I still use it, but will probably bite the bullet and pick a new product.

Pros

Just so you know, I use it every day. It saves time.

Cons

Nearly every time I upgrade, change machines, renew, add a sister product, etc. there is some trouble that costs me time. It annoys me.

Price