• Pros

• "I like the user interface of the table plus the most. It's very simple and elegant and user-driven UI. It helps me write the queries with lot of fun. Also, apply the integrated filters."

• "The GUI, the ability to split window panes, and the intuitive way to change data/table structure are all great. On top of that, the dark mode is very helpful."

• "I enjoy very much the SQL Editor, it's great for doing test, and the software itself it's pretty easy to use and customizable."

• Cons

• "I cannot really point anything. I've noticed only some short freezes when there is a problem with a remote connection. Other than that it's great!"

• "Not much to complain about, every now and then you might get a little bug but the developer team and the support service is very good."

• "It's still quite new and need to be improved in term of functionality quantity compare to other mature tools"

Browse TablePlus Reviews

David from Mynewsdesk

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Most flexible database UI for MacOS

Wonderful. Before discovering TablePlus I used a bunch of different database UI tools for various databases but TablePlus allowed me to have a single go-to tool for all of them.

Pros

Nice and user-friendly UI. Native support for pretty much all the popular databases. Easy to use. Quite powerful freemium functionality so you can try before you buy and might not have to buy at all depending on use-case.

Cons

Supporting a wide range of databases mean that it's hard to create a cohesive UI experience for all of them. The UI is probably most suited for relational databases like Postgres / MySQL while simple key value stores like Redis might not be as fitting.

Reasons for Switching to TablePlus

Postico has a nice UI but only supports Postgres. I wanted something that supported other databases such as Redis / MongoDB etc.

Austin from Theta Gang

I use at home, at work, and at coffee shops

Table plus makes development faster with it's well thought out UX for quick SQL queries and table visualization. It's an amazing tool to ramp up a junior on the fullstack as they have a better understanding of the data flow as they are developing. It's also a great means of managing in production data in case there is some sort of bug or issue from a poorly formatted column.

Pros

It's dead simple to use and to connect your databases. It's disgustingly cheap for how much they offer you in terms of features. It also took SQL db visualizers out of the 1990's as it looks modern and the UX was well thought out. There's no reason why visualizers need to look like they're made in Windows 98 anymore lol. Amazing quality software with equally amazing customer support via email, they have always responded within 24 hours.

Cons

They wouldn't send me a shirt after I've told them I've gotten them licenses into the last two companies I've worked for :)

Reasons for Choosing TablePlus

none

Reasons for Switching to TablePlus

the ui sucked; why pay money for something that is not kept up to date/poorly maintained lol

Raul from Flawlss

Great user experience

Great user experience with a compelling design and functionality.

Pros

I love its user experience, everything is well laid out and designed that it is visually compelling working with this tool.

Cons

To be honest i have used it just to connect to AWS databases and it has been working great without issues so i would not have any objections there.

Logan from Computer Software

looks pretty but can't trust for my job

I only used this app in the first place because I hate how cluttered and ugly other apps, like data grip, are. At first I tested Tableplus on a local database and everything was awesome. I thought I had found my new sql editor and I was thrilled because this interface looks fantastic. However, when it came time to do actual work, this software is undoubtedly a pretender and not a contender. Or at this time, at least (March 2020). See reasons in the con section. Hopefully they figure it out, because they're on the right track visually, but I don't understand how other reviewers can reasonably give this software three stars given its limitations

Pros

- very aesthetically pleasing - query history is helpful - works well with local databases

Cons

when interacting with non-local databases: - all windows will randomly close. that is, even when my cpu is running fine and has more than plenty of memory, and other applications have no problems at all - regardless of database, I rarely have the ability to kill a query. during times when I somehow do have the option to kill a query, it will take many minutes to 'load' the query before you have the option of killing it. making it pointless. - they have only one person to contact for support, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and he just doesn't have an answer for things that are very reasonably considered to be basic features in other sql clients (like why it works for me to *near instantly* kill queries with literally any other software (data grip, postico, etc) that I've downloaded) - they thought it was best not to include the file name in the ribbon of an open file, making it hard to edit multiple things at once - you can't create a new scratch within the same workspace without first opening up the left window pane to reveal the button to do so - other bs that makes it very easy to overlook the visual appeal of this gui

Aris from POWERPC

The Sequel Pro of Windows

Managing and maintaining multiple production and local databases without having to worry about passwords or database details using a single and cross-platform database management software. It's easier, faster and more secure than using phpmyadmin or any other software.

Pros

The connection manager is the best of all features because I can group and color my connections based on the relevance and the use, for example group by customer, by server, by production or debugging etc. I like the fact that I can preview the SQL before I execute it, because some times I need to edit the code or copy it for multiple use. The fact that before I apply changes (which are highlighted too) I need to commit them makes me feel more secure. And I can even switch safe modes, e.g. asking for password to commit the changes. There are many times that I make changes by mistake and some are irreversible. The tabs make my work easier and faster because I can watch and compare my data switching tabs back and forth. I like the history tab where I can browser previous commands. Also I can save queries as favorites to reuse them and organize them into folders.

Timothy from Solesense

Best database management tool for MacOS

I needed a quality database management tool for Postgres for MacOS, and I got that with TablePlus. Even there are free tools out there (note: TablePlus does have a trial edition), TablePlus is worth paying for.

Pros

Cons

Even though I have updates selected to happen automatically, they rarely work as such, i.e. I have to manually check for updates.

Easy to run queries and read the results. Much better than most other free query platforms out there.

Pros

Easy to use overall. Nice UI for viewing table and schema contents, much better than other services I've used before. Can have multiple tabs open which is useful when writing complicated queries. Identifies the exact place that a query error occurs, which saves a ton of time.

Cons

Wish you got more tabs in the free version, but I might pay to upgrade soon now that I've tried it out for over a year.

Nice User Interface!

I enjoy writing the queries using this editor.

Pros

Cons

It can be made open source, we have to buy the licensed version to make use of most of this software.

Reasons for Switching to TablePlus

User Interface for this software is not that attractive compared to the tablePlus software.

Great SequelPro alternative

Full-featured and fast MySQL (and more) administration tool!

Pros

TablePlus is a great MySQL administration tool. We used to use the free Sequel Pro, but it crashes on Macos Mojave and so we looked for an alternative. TablePlus seems to do the job perfectly and is much faster than SequelPro. After playing with the free version for 15 minutes, it was a no-brainer to purchase the full version. It's good to know that by paying we can help the developers to maintain and improve the software. The SSH tunnel option in TablePlus is an awesome feature, as I no longer have to do it manually on the command line myself.

Cons

So far, it seems to do everything well (after it having used for a day)

Mustafa from Information Technology and Services

very good ui to handle the database

handling the database

Pros

easy to insert data into table and also to delete inserts

Cons

establish connection with mysql directly , not to create the db in mysql admin then use it in tablePLus

Tony from BeMyEye

Best database tool on macOS

Pros

I love the way TablePlus is integrated to macOS with Xcode like design and dark mode. Multi tabs is convenient.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like, Table Plus does the job perfectly.

Reasons for Switching to TablePlus

TablePlus is light and powerful

Alejandro from Telefonica Venezolana C.A.

Easy to use DB Management Software

Cons

Best SQL client I've ever used!

Used it to query internal databases

Pros

I've tried TONS of cross platform SQL viewers and editors and found that by far TablePlus was the cleanest, most functional piece of software I used. The UI lets anyone (even those who don't use SQL), query the database. Strong support for every type of database I've come across.

Cons

No sharing features like POPSQL had. Also the backup function is a little confusing to use.

Jeremy from Sarcos

Super Easy

Pros

East of use and the interface is super simple. This software is faster then any other pgAdmin that I have used.

Cons

You will see some bugs, but this is offset with great support and a development team not scared to talk with customers.

Han from Dwarves Foundation

Good experience with this tool. It provides neat and nice UI compare to other db management app.

Pros

Small package size comes with high performance. TablePlus also supports new shortcuts binding like Sublime Text or Slack for navigation that keeps my hand on keyboard.

Cons

iyalekhue from University of Benin(uniben)

software has been wonderful

Pros

the best part about this software is that TablePlus works with many RDBMS. The software is relatively also easy to use.

Cons

i really don't have anything i do not like about the software, but there is still room for improvements.