• icon"Fasts to set up, easy to use, intuitive, flexible, fantastic support."
  • icon"I am really glad that i found a fast and easy solution where i donĀ“t need to care about the GUI and can do almost the same as if would program it myself."
  • icon"It is fast, relational and promotes good design. Form design is kept economical so as not to let cosmetics overshadow functionality."
  • icon"Lack of scripting language might limit development potential."
  • icon"There are few things I dislike about this software. Every time I find something I don't like I can talk to them to find out why it's like that or make a suggestion for a change."

Browse all TeamDesk Reviews

• Have you used TeamDesk and would like to share your experience with others?

Patricio

It's not just a cloud database

Pros

In the organization that I lead, TeamDesk has helped us to automate a large part of our Business Intelligence processes, being able not only to store the information that we manage internally and of our clients, but to integrate it with other cloud systems and giving much more value to that information. It has allowed us to generate cloud platforms for ticket management, geolocation, cost control, cloud reporting, information management, mobile applications, to name a few. The stability of the platform is wonderful. In 4 years of use we have not had a single incident that decreases the overall uptime of the solution. In terms of performance, the ability of the platform to manage and graph information of millions of data in real time is surprising. Another thing that I love is that there is a community of users where we share ideas and new developments, which are listened to continuously by Foresoft and that allows you to have a clear roadmap of the service over time. The support service of Foresoft is very delicate, its service times are in line with any global operation and they are always attentive to any doubts one may have to improve the internal business. We are very grateful for the Teamdesk and Foresoft service, and I am sure that it can help many other companies as it has done with mine.

Cons

Not problems or cons, I believe that the platform must move to the next level with well-defined Big Data processes, which will surely be on Foresoft roadmap soon.

Calvin Peters

Innovative, Powerful and Simple

Pros

If you're familiar with nothing more than the user's side of a database then Teamdesk gives you the power to create your own vision. Understanding programming language(s) is not a requirement. The development console makes learning to use Teamdesk simple. It is scalable, secure and easily deployable across user platforms. The customer support is second to none! The team is very quick to respond, solidly committed to providing a robust and secure product and very effective in problem-solving with lots of guiding advice to make development and innovation work smooth. They have never let me down and always go above and beyond the call. They are always listening to their user base for new ideas and feedback and are constantly updating, evolving and innovating. We looked at a number of options and even tried a few others before settling with TD but none were as easy to get up and running to start or as easy to learn and develop.

Cons

I have used TD for 8 years now and the constant innovation loop built into their user feedback has mitigated most shortcomings before I realized there was something missing. I honestly have found no "cons" to date.

Harsha

Best web database building application for the team

With this platform the business and the data management can be done for the overall teams and can be maintained with the best back up facilities

Pros

The complete Business management and the control can be done in a sophisticated way. The communication between the different teams in a single platform and tracking the activities between them can be done very easily. The daily activities can be clearly segregated and maintained.

Cons

The user interface takes much time to identify the features available. The interface can be like customised and little helpful. No other drawbacks found in the stool.

Reasons for switching to TeamDesk

Wanted to check the better user interface and pricing

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the review, Harsha.

Replied April 2021

Adrian

Fantastic product and customer service

Pros

I used Filemaker and Filemaker server for many years before wanting a cloud solution (Filemaker can in theory be cloud based but it's difficult and sluggish). TeamDesk is basically Filemaker plus a hundred times better! And, it has the benefit of being in the cloud. TeamDesk recently implemented Zapier integration (still in beta) which has taken their product to another level for us. We have the database communicating with all sorts of websites, apps and services increasing our productivity by an immense amount! It's hard to stress how fantastic this database is for functionality and what it can do. If you have a problem (like with a formula), you get a quick response from support, usually with a solution (I don't think there's much this database can't do).

Cons

There is only one "cons" to the product and that's probably the end user UI. Forms for filling in data are a little bit old fashioned and so are the reports (views) of data. Generally it's in spreadsheet format and you can add colour to the row or text but not much else.* This really doesn't matter though! It's functionality and getting things done quickly are what really matters and in this regard it excels. *I think you can now add CSS to the database to improve it's look but I've not bothered with that.

Better & cheaper than Quickbase but lacking mobile form to record (much needed)

Pros

It's better in may ways than Intuit Quickbase. Also much cheaper. Great service almost around the clock and 7 days a week. Relatively easy to use but you will need a programer for some functions (see cons) Pricing is much better than Quickbase Surprisingly the app looks ok to work with on the mobile but lacking mobile form to record (see cons)

Cons

BIG negative: no responsive good web to record form which forces you to find an external form app and waste a lot of time with CSS and API development and.... fixing problems. Too long for needed features to be added like "plus" for auto adding additional input fields. There are also glitches like not being to add "none" as an option. TeamDesk is adding features only months after the market has a need for them. Sporadic issues with speed and API calls Adding update needed features will make TeamDesk perfect. Not easy to set good appearance of the records.

The backbone of our business

Pros

Team desk is the backbone of our company. Every single aspect of the business is implemented using this platform. We are paperless as a result and can work from anywhere, we don't need to be in the office. It is very very flexible and very easy to program and very easy to use. I highly recommend this product. Whether you want to use it to help you with certain tasks (whether its business or personal or communal tasks) or you want your full-blown business processes on there, this is the platform to be on. Customer service is amazing. They help customize and solve your problems for you.

Cons

Its been many years since we have been using this platform and frankly I have not come across an issue I wanted to be implemented or solved that could not be done.

Pierre

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A real life changer at work

Pros

- Cuts dramatically administrative costs - Speeds up and makes more reliable commercial / administrative processes - Enable to share information in the company in a very efficient and organized way - Very useful for project orientated teams - Applicable to many processes in the company (sales, accounting, production, T&E, task tracking, ...) - Personalized to each company (way more than any ERP !!) - Cheap in regards to the value it creates - Very responsive after sales team (the best I have seen so far)

Cons

Difficult to fill this category as this product is really great - Oldish interface - No video trainings - Mobile app is useful but could do way way more

Fantastic product

Pros

I have a small medical billing business and have several contractors that assist me remotely. I am able to track a tremendous amount of information easily in Team Desk and am extremely pleased with the product. As a non technical person, I have received much customer support from TD in regards to implementing customized changes. It can basically do anything you want it to do and the changes are relatively easy to make., even without a technical aptitude. Highly recommend.

Cons

TD expects you to figure out and learn to make your own changes to the database. This part is challenging for me. They do have customer support that will assist, and their first attempt is to point you to the appropriate help section. If I can't figure something out however, they will intervene and make the changes for me.

Adrian

Industry: Oil & Energy

Wonderful functionality

Pros

Ease of use; I can use TeamDesk from my phone which makes my job so much easier. User interface is simple and attractive The functionality is great The ability to use and manipulate data is very useful The ability to create new tables and views, edit existing ones and gather just the right information is extremely valuable.

Cons

I can't think of much that I don't like about it. It's easy to use, easy to edit, and easy to connect from anywhere!

Jeff

Excellent range of features and rapid development time

Pros

Product is easy to use and has a wide range of powerful features. We were able to development our business critcal application in less than one month after we were forced to move away from Trackvia due to them withdrawing support from the version of their product we used. We were able to replicate all of the required functionality with TeamDesk and add a range of added value features that we not available within our old product.

Cons

We haven't found any cons within the TeamDesk application and their support has been excellent, responding quickly to any queries we had,

Tony

Let's me sleep at night

I run a small accountancy practice in the UK. I use Teamdesk to manage data about our clients, jobs and time spent by staff. We use its mail merge capability to produce letters and checklist. We use it's workflow functions to send ourselves alerts and automate communication to clients. I have found the support very good.

Pros

I like the ease of customising the database the most. I get an idea and I can implement it in minutes.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of anything I don't like,

Reasons for choosing TeamDesk

I quickly got Teamdesk to do what I needed.

Reasons for switching to TeamDesk

I quickly realised that for me it was better to have a database that could be customised to my business rather than trying to fit my business to standard accountancy practice CRM software. I tried to do this myself previously with MS Access but could not achieve what I wanted. Teamdesk made it easier.

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the review, Tony. Special thanks to you from the support team.

Kelly

Industry: Program Development

10+ years and keeps getting better and better!

I started out programming in Teamdesk over 10 years ago for a single client. I programmed for them for 5 years before starting my own business programming primarily in Teamdesk. If you are in a niche market or work remotely this is the program you need. We've programmed HIPAA compliant patient management, sales, inventory, fleet management, rental management, office processes, truck-driver compliance, and the list just goes on.

Pros

I've been programming Teamdesk databases for over 10 years. They have been super responsive to client input and requests for new features.

Cons

There are few things I dislike about this software. Every time I find something I don't like I can talk to them to find out why it's like that or make a suggestion for a change. Users can also "vote" on people's suggestions so they are working on what their clients really want.

Reasons for choosing TeamDesk

It was simply the most customizable product I could find. Their pricing structure is fair and reasonable, especially for smaller companies or those just starting out. They can also accommodate very large sets of data and in over 10 years of using them the unexpected downtime has been minimal to non-existent.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review.

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Teamdesk is the cornerstone of our operations!

Great for record keeping & organized systems.

Pros

I love the ability to customize to continue to improve our operational systems. I also really like being able to use the software at any time and any place I have internet. It is also helpful to be able to open more than one teamdesk window at a time while working on multiple projects and updates at a time - and they have thought of everything because if we try and save a file while another is open it will notify of that and make us confirm. Thank you Teamdesk team!!

Cons

a slight lag in question/response - not immediate - which is okay & I understand not completely necessary :)

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the review, Michael.

Pierre

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great tool for automation and teamwork

- CRM (clients/ offer generation/ purchasing) - Invoice management - Travel Expenses Management - Quality Review from customers

Pros

- the easiness to implement a solution for sharing information in a team, setting a process - the variety of systems to which you can connect TeamDesk for Inputs (mail, mobile, JSON ) and outputs (mail, web) - the value for the price (number of tables, amount of storage) - the INCREDIBLE helpline team which really helps you until your trouble is solved

Cons

- The interface is oldish (visually)

More technical features

Reasons for switching to TeamDesk

Teamdesk is more powerful than Quickbase

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the great review, Pierre.

Philipp

A great product with a fantastic support team

With TeamDesk I was able to implement a cloud bookkeeping app which I have been considering for years. Key was that I could this entirely on my own without a large development team and with the absolute certainty that the folks at TeamDesk would keep the infrastructure running in the background.

Pros

Fasts to set up, easy to use, intuitive, flexible, fantastic support. I have developed a multi-client product entirely on my own, i.e no large development team needed, which now has multiple organisations and users working off the one data set and the one code base. In order to achieve this the TeamDesk team had to make some enhancements to thier product which they helpfully embraced and implemented.

Cons

In some areas I have pushed the product beyond its intended usage boundaries and as a result I sometimes have speed issues. This could also be be due to latency issues as I am located in Europe and the TeamDesk servers are in the US. However I understand that European servers are being considered.

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the fantastic review, Philipp.

Replied July 2019

Frances

Review of TeamDesk

The business now has extensive customer information all in one area. From documentation of all contact with our customers from the sales team, to the training information on what course the customers employees have completed. Creating certificates is a breeze, identifying who did a course along with what the sales team have told them to what equipment they have purchased. All in one easy to use area that I can control who has access to! brilliant!

Pros

Ease of customisation and flexibility in use for our company. we have a central database for all our sales and education information. Also love that we can export information for our customers and as a sales report for our Board. We have been in business as a training organisation for over 20 years and this is the best database we have ever had.

Cons

Sometimes takes me a while to work out how to change things!

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you, Frances, for the review. We are glad that TeamDesk database empowers your business management.

George