• Pros

• "Flexibility and it is easy to get up and running without a lot of effort. Good import/export tools and great reporting functions"

• "Great interface, email and text integration. "

• "Easy drag and drop form and table creator Extensive reporting Works on Web and Native apps Very affordable"

• Cons

• "I would like some more accessible and robust documentation for some of the options, but was otherwise pleased with the generally intuitive nature."

• "Zoho Creator continues to be my favorite builder of mobile applications. The only con I have about it is the slow support team. "

• "The app could use a bit more of a cosmetic face lift as right now it is somewhat bland. The app is simple enough to use but can be more engaging for the user if the layout is improved. "

Browse Zoho Creator Reviews

Rose from Apple Federal Credit Union

An Incredible Builder of Mobile Applications

Zoho Creator has always been one of my top softwares because of its incredible capabilities and ease of use when making simple mobile applications.

Pros

With Zoho Creator, I do not need to have the best programming skills to build a mobile app. The process is not difficult at all. Zoho Creator is a great online platform that makes it easy to build simple but excellently-looking mobile applications. I like the ease of use of Zoho Creator.

Michael from Post Hill Press

Industry: Publishing

Extremely Versatile - Perhaps Too Versatile.

All in all, I would rate my experience as a 9 out of 10. Building basis databases and creating reports is very straightforward and by and large you can do a lot of things with their drag-and-drop interface quite easily. I do admit to not being very impressed with their support, and occasionally we've had issues with server uptime, but their pricing is fair and the tool is powerful. In spite of the shortcomings I have expressed, I still wouldn't hesitate to deploy Zoho again in another enterprise. It continues to drive our daily production schedule with hundreds of projects simultaneously in motion.

Pros

I ran a web development firm for nearly 20 years prior to moving into a different industry, so I knew the power of databases and the importance of them in day to day processes. Moving in to a startup with zero infrastructure, one of my first tasks was to get a production database going. We struggled along for awhile passing Excel spreadsheets back and forth for a few months and quickly outgrew that. I did not want to create a web app from scratch with mySQL. We didn't have the developers, time, or budget to do that. So, I started looking around for a tool that would let me do what I needed to do. Zoho Creator was a perfect match. To be honest, there's not much you can't do with this tool. It will probably handle 90% of what most mid-sized businesses need. It's totally customizable, and their Deluge programming language lets you do special things that most basic web-based drag-and-drop solutions wouldn't be able to handle. To be honest, Zoho is almost too powerful. It fits our needs and we've barely scratched the surface of its abilities.

Cons

The documentation for Zoho Creator is fair, but if you can't get your questions answered through their knowledge base, finding an expert isn't easy. Their support email is not too helpful. And while they do have a database of experienced Deluge developers that you can call on, it seems a little cumbersome to have to bring in a third party. Also, there are a couple of different versions of Zoho Creator currently in deployment. So, depending on which version your account is on, the documentation might differ - the features certainly do differ. It's a very very powerful product, but because it is a closed-source, proprietary solution, you're somewhat at the mercy of Zoho to get answers to your programming questions.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Creator

Price and features.

Phill

Industry: Food Production

Security flaw within Zoho Creator

Pros

I've been using this app for a couple of years and a lot of my business is based around it. I would usually rave about how good it is

Cons

I have a data security issue with the app. The product claims that your user data is protected, but there is a flaw with the way the dropdown menu data is shared. Lets say you enter some data in one sheet, and want to use this data in another sheet via a dropdown menu. Not only is your data shown, but so is everyone else. This cannot be fixed by profiles / roles / filters etc. I am on the unlimited users plan and this is a serious flaw in the system for me. I have been unable to further develop my app for a month or so and take it to the next level for my business. I have communicated this with Zoho and they have acknowledged the issue and told me a developer can fix the problem. I have paid one of their certified developers to fix this for me - but he just took my money and hasn't been in touch for a month or so. I have made a formal complaint to Zoho about him, but he is still listed on their website as a certified and recommended developer. I have asked numerous times for help and have got no where. I am now just being passed from one unknown support person to the next. I am absolutely fed up. It seems that this issue could be solved in an hour or so, but I have now probably spent over 12 hours of my own time on it and still don't have a solution.

Make it as simple or complex as you want

I'm tracking my students, clients, payments, expenses, extra fees...all sorts of tables that can link up and form a simple database. Makes taxes at end of year and keeping up with clients balances a breeze.

Pros

I love that they have a free mobile app. Great for when I'm out an about away from my computer. Customer service is outstanding. It covers all my needs but I know it could get as complex as a wanted in the future (with all the css, extra add ons, and functions to call out).

Cons

It can be a little daunting at first if you haven't built anything before (too many options can be intimidating).

Natalie from Jonahs Project CIC

Just what we needed!!

A cost-effective way of designing your own CRM, great for non-profits who need to store specific information relating to their service users.

Pros

We had been looking for a CRM to meet out needs for a long time, trial and many errors left us frustrated and with limited funds, we didn't have the money to have one designed for us. We then met Zoho Creator...WOW! we were able to make our own customised CRM that is exactly how we want it, using forms and subforums. Affordable subscription, ability to make any changes to the layout and always the option to upgrade or add moe users.

Cons

It took us a while to get to grips with the layouts and moving around fields but once we checked the tutorials we were well away.

Christian from Stella & Chewy's

Industry: Veterinary

A Helpful Tool for Short Reports & Info Sharing

In general the app is a quick and easy way to submit and share data reports - especially for companies with remote employees who need to share customer and sales data in a timely fashion.

Pros

I like that the Zoho Creator is pretty flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of any company. For us, we use this app to allow remote employees working events in retail locations to submit customer and sales data in real time through the app.

Colin from Trade IT

Zoho Creator - Rapid App Development

Mostly this has been used for prototyping and proof of concept for larger projects that end up being developed on other platforms. It's great value for what you get. If you are using other elements of the Zoho suite there are good integrations and Creator would be great for adding functionality for the likes of first-line workers in the organisation.

Pros

Zoho Creator is an application development tool sold as a stand-alone SaaS product or as part of the Zoho One Suite. Zoho Creator is a quick way to create applications without writing code. You can create forms, reports, pages and workflows largely through a drag-and-drop interface. There is a custom scripting language available for more complex requirements, but most users will be sticking to the no-code features. This is a good solution for collecting data on web forms and presenting it in meaningful reports. Completed apps can be embedded on websites or made available to users within or external to the organisation. Apps created are responsive and designed to display well on desktop, tablet or smartphone. Typical use cases are collecting data for surveys, tests and managing assets. With a bit of practice, you can create functional apps with triggers for email notifications and the like. Zoho Creator can be a good tool for agile teams to use for proof of concept for larger projects that may be developed further on other platforms.

Cons

Could be dangerous in the wrong hands - ease of use is a double-edged sword. You'll still want to retain control of these kinds of tools; it's easy for enthusiastic amateurs to get carried away!

Arpit from Business Overhead Solutions

Industry: Utilities

We created a custom CRM using ZOHO CREATOR

If i could give this app 11 stars, i would. It really is one of the best CRM custom creators I have come accross.

Pros

We enlisted the help of a zoho developer to help us create a custom CRM for our commercial energy brokerage. The cloud-based app along with an android app along with speed of access makes this application the go-to app for our CRM needs.

Cons

It is written using a coding language called Deluge. It is not simple and as such i would advise enlisting the help of a zoho coding expert. Zoho have a list of developers who can help.

Abias from Moonbreeze Enterprises (Pvt)Ltd

Industry: Graphic Design

i will give it a fair trial

i am solving problem of keeping on changing documents numbering and have a continuous numbering and easing keeping of records

Pros

its more intelligent easy to access and faster

Cons

The software is quite advanced it make my job easier and faster

James from JNC Home Repair

Business with Zoho

I've used Zoho to create my work schedules. It's very helpful in creating or using the spreadsheets.

Pros

Mostly I liked that I could use it with any one of my devices. That's very important in my business.

Cons

I didn't like that I couldn't continue the free version . Unfortunately in my line of work, income is not guaranteed.

Good for administrative apps

Overall I found that is quite easy to build a stable, clean and powerful app in Zoho creator, it's a big deal to be able to write my own code and customize the form definition as well.

Pros

I found Zoho creator easy to use and developer friendly as well. They made things quite simple, for every app the users will need to input data (forms) and view that data (reports), to create both is really easy and the new editor lets you create custom HTML pages so extend your app to any possible layout. I like to be able to write code for the app, Deluge does quite good. The syntax is quite easy to understand and the error hints are most of the times really accurate. Is good to be able to communicate between forms and apps, making Zoho creator apps quite versatile. I also use Schedules often to collect trash, organize records or upgrade records based on a time variable; the reports can go from barebones to complex pivot charts, is useful that you can see underlying data clicking on each segment of the chart.

Cons

I have had some issues with the introduction of the new editor, I like the Old editor to code and the New editor to create custom pages (you are forced to do so), it's often confusing to remember that you have to switch in order to perform one task or the other. Another issue I have had to cope with several times is the lack of a time-only field, not date-time. I had to use workarounds when I needed the user to input time. Same with try-catch functionalities or being able to edit the fields labels dynamically. Is also strange that most of the answers in the forum are only visible for the user that asked the question, making it almost useless for users trying to troubleshoot an error. The charts might take a while to load if the report has a big volume of data.

Zoho Creator is an easy way to create data collection forms on the fly

Zoho Creator is a quick way to create a web form for user submissions, for anything from an internal survey, to a work-related data collection form, or a web site submission form from customers.

Pros

A user can get up and running with Zoho Creator within about ten minutes. It is very intuitive and requires very little set-up. Any time I need to collect data, Zoho is my go-to app for form creation, and it is easy to distribute the forms securely using a link, a password, or to embed it in another site. Zoho has great customizable workflows if you are able to handle minimal programming.

Cons

The user interface is very basic and could probably use an update to modernize a bit. It would also be nice if the front-end interface could be more highly customized. I use Zoho Creator mostly to create forms that I'm sending to people who don't require something super pretty with lots of graphic design. If i needed a visually compelling form, Zoho would not be my choice because it isn't rich in those features.

With Zoho Creator Seriously Anything Is Possible

Awesome, I love Zoho Creator. We use it for many different parts of our business to complement what we accomplish with Zoho CRM. It can house a ton of data and the UI is nice and easy to navigate. Forms from Creator can easily be integrated with other Zoho apps to make Zoho Creator even more powerful!

Pros

If you can think up an app, or a business workflow, or a business data scenario, or seriously anything, Zoho Creator can handle it. They have pre-built apps which can be modified to suit your business app needs, or you can build apps from scratch. Basic apps with basic workflow or notifications can be set up in minutes. Creator integrates nicely with other Zoho apps (for Zoho One users) like Zoho CRM and Zoho Books.

Cons

The scripting language Zoho Creator uses is called DELUGE. It is the powerful engine behind what seriously makes anything possible with Zoho Creator. For most users that have no coding background it this can provide limits as DELGUGE can be difficult to learn.

Best Database software for beginners

Easy to use and great value for money for a small business. The companion iPhone app is also excellent and you can easily enter data from the app. The iPad app is perfect as a POS (Point of Sale) companion.

Pros

The things I like about this software are - 1. It is best for beginners who don't have much knowledge of building complex databases 2. It has a superb way of building databases from the excel sheets. I used to use excel sheets before and when I switched to Zoho, it turned my excel sheets into forms and tables with data in no time at all 3. The types of variables are very good. Every variable a small business owner would need is there. And it automatically selected the best variable type from my excel sheet. 4. The reports are also there easily and are very customisable. 5. There is an excellent knowledgebase also for support

Cons

The UI could be better. It still feels clunky like a 90s software. Does not take away from the ease of use and functionality, but this is not the software I look forward to using. The colours and general design could be better.

Debra from CallisonRTKL

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great product at a great price

I use this relational database to manage over 600 architectural licenses and association memberships. One database contains all of the licenses for 100 architects for all fifty states plus several Canadian provinces. The other database contains the continuing education (CE)requirements for each jurisdiction. The reports and query modules are used to alert me to expiration dates and how many CE credits that licensee needs before renewing. States and provinces may impose heavy penalties if the licensee does not have the required credits, or renews late.

Pros

Flexibility: I can add and modify fields and drop lists, create and modify reports and queries, perform bulk edits.

Cons

While backing up the data, it does not tell me when it's done. Sometimes it's done but the status is still "backing up." Usually refreshing the page helps.

Colin from Trade IT

Powerful App Builder for Non-Programmers

We have used Zoho Creator for both internal and public facing apps. It is probably the quickest way to get data collection forms on a web page. Power users can make use of Zoho Creator for simple data collection and reporting apps that need more than a spreadsheet but don't warrant the involvement of the development team. Great value, especially when included as part of the Zoho One bundle. Good solution for the right business applications.

Pros

While there is a bit of a learning curve, Zoho Creator can be used by non-programmers to create quite sophisticated applications using a drag and drop form builder and report builder. There is also a scripting language for more sophisticated requirements, but many simple apps can be created with no coding at all. Customer support is generally good and responsive. If you are already familiar with other Zoho products (CRM, Survey, Forms etc.) you should be able to get productive right away.

Cons

Can be tricky to brand exactly as you might like; lots of settings and interface isn't as intuitive as it could be. You'll likely want some oversight from the development team for anything that will be public facing, but that would be the case for any app in the wild.

Irv from Vixxo

Industry: Facilities Services

Build applications quickly and instantly improve your team!

The applications I have built and also help create have been essential in reorganizing our management team, allowing everyone to track issues and leads in a centralized location, removing the reliance of email trails and phone calls. Without this software, our processes would be completely differently and likely lacking in structure and reliability. It is important to understand that this software is primarily learned on the go, though it is user friendly for non-programmers. There are several missing scripting functionalities I found were not available at this time or the coming future. My biggest issue was the field number limit which caused issues when creating surveys with multiple drop down options.

Pros

Easy to learn and allows free flow scripting for advanced users Perfect for building your own web based applications Ability for multiple users to edit applications simultaneously Great community of supporting users

Cons

Maximum field # for forms is 70, anything else will break the app Very slow load time for multiple "on user input" field actions Poor internal support (several outstanding tickets without a response 1 week plus) Deluge script is only used for Zoho to my knowledge

Paul from Vixxo

Great software. If you need customization, you need to try it.

Was less costly than our previous software solution with more customization as long as we were willing and able to learn how to use Zoho to its full potential.

Pros

The software is easy to pick up and build simple applications or customize pre-made application to suit your needs. But also you can build some complex applications, don't be fooled. We use the software daily in a large corporate environment for various tasks such as a sales lead contact directory by modifying a pre-made application and also we built a ground-up application for a service ticketing system/workflow management.

Cons

What could use improving is the documentation for the more complex functions when building an application. There is lots of help, but sometimes for the more complex tasks I am doing it may take a few days to find what I need. But I will say that there is much more documentation and also help videos than in the past.

Debra from CallisonRTKL Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to learn, immediate results, excellent support, flexible.

I use this software to manage over 400 architecture licenses. It is also used to keep track of the continuing education (CE) units required by each jurisdiction. These two databases are relational in nature. The reporting tools I use alert me to which licenses are up for renewal and how many CE units are needed in order to renew. Very valuable tool since a lapsed license will put the firm at legal risk.

Pros

Cons

The fact that the results columns from a basic search are not editable. Also, the "view" results when you click on a record has limited fields. Must view the whole record using the "edit" feature instead.

Jessica from Commercial Bank of California

Cost-effective App Builder

Fantastic experience with Zoho Creator. Easy to use and cost-effective.

Pros

Zoho Creator is an effective tool for building applications for your business. We like using it because we do not have to be experienced in programming and other sophisticated tools to start using it for building apps. The apps we always build with Zoho Creator are great and they boost our daily operations.

Cons

Unreliable customer care support team. No other valid reason to complain about Zoho Creator because it has been good to our team.

Johannes from Vixxo

Industry: Facilities Services

Great value for the money for the do it yourselfer

Pros

Zoho creator is easy to use and learn! Creating a basic application can be done in as little as a few minutes and it as the developer gain greater knowledge, there are able to build a powerful application with automation and workflows. There are even pre-made applications that you can adjust to tailor to you specific business needs.

Cons

The customer support isn't as great as I would like but it's hard to complain for the money. Also, sometimes if your application is gets too complex, I've experienced some lag.

Kartheeban from Team Everest

Simply the best in the market. You can build 90% of all internal apps using Zoho Creator

We were able to scale quickly because of Zoho Creator.

Pros

1. Simple drag and drop feature. 2. Less code. If you are a first timer, You can build an app just by exploring the platform for 15 mins 3. Takes less than 10 mins to build an app. 4. Complex apps too can be built on this platform. 5. Very user-friendly

Cons

1. I do not see much fault with this. 2. When requirements get tricky, you need a person who is good at logical thinking and problem solving to handle those requirements.

Jeremy from CareServ Technologies

Zoho creator the best bang for the buck application database

Pros

This was the best replacement we founds for SharePoint Access Applications. With this quick web interface for collecting and entering data you can be up and running quickly with a basic knowledge of excel

Cons

The user security leaves a lot to be desired. You can control who has access to each application however you can not control access to the specific lookups and data entry form in an application

Zoho Creator is a Winner in Running Applications

Pros

This software is a winner with what it has to offer. I like the fact that it can check and monitor if there are bugs in the system. We work from our desktops, tablets and phones, and this software is able to run applications without giving me any headaches. I love the graphics and I know that are gadgets are always protected and secured.

Cons

The customer support department is quite inept when it comes to issues and concerns. They need to train their staff to be quick to resolve issues so we don’t have to wait that long.

Pratik from kpbusinessgroup

Truly an Operating System for Business

My overall experience of working on logo to develop application was excellent. I have no plans of switching to another technology/platform.

Pros

As the zoho tagline said, Operating system for business. It is truly an amazing platform to run your business with ease. Being able to solve the clients business problems and helping them build an app with zoho platform is really an amazing experience.

Cons

If you are not a programmer then you need to hire a certified developer. That's all it takes and you are on you way to successful business app.

randall from Consullting to Real Estate investors

Zoho Creator

Great piece of softwar overall,,, for any competent software user.

Pros

Flexibility and Customization capabilities, to define it's parameters, to match your Business Processes, customer tracking and Scheduling Flow of your business

Cons

needs more ease of use, help, dialogue to specific tasks necessary to program correctly it's "rules" of useage

Automate your business processes!!!

Overall, very happy with the solution. We use it to manage our QC and RMA processes.

Pros

Zoho creator is intuitive and a great tool to automate business processes. We are a manufacturer and use this for QC and RMA management. I love that whatever you create can work on phones, tablets, and the web. They also have great support and they have conferences you can attend to get one on one with the developers and experts and get your questions answered. You can't beat the price either!

Cons

Creator was upgraded to creator 5 relatively recently and all of the help documentation has not yet been updated accordingly.

Perfect for internal apps, to complete workflows - not much code required to get started

It solves some very specific tasks we have internally such as case reporting, profit analysis, purchase order workflow.

Pros

We can develop applications to satisfy some specific requirements internally. Most of the applications can be developed using drag and drop, and some simple code.

Cons

It is still limited to what can be done on the page, numerous improvements are needed such as picking objects or variables from lists - just not there, so you end up having to note them down.

Akshay from Rhydburg

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Good but HUGE scope of improvement

Except for the poor and overloaded customer support, great to use.

Pros

Superb product. Helps you save time and manpower. Great integrations and API linkage.

Cons

Requires too much of coding. Not too easy for start but maybe a couple of tries and you are can do it...but you need to learn a bit of coding.

Nicole from Hays Recruitment

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Far outweighs its competitors

Pros

I am amazed at what our IT guys have created using Zoho Creator, the fact that we had been struggling using a different program for so long is mind boggling when we could have had what we do now! I’m looking forward to expanding to other products and incorporating more tasks in the near future. It intergares with Xero to make invoicing a lot easier and saves hours of work!

Cons

See I can’t really fault it and anything that I’ve asked for has been implemented for me without much hassle at all. I can do my job faster so I cannot complain.

Froilan from ASI CORP

Industry: Wholesale

Great Database

I would rate it at 90 % of Satisfaction///

Pros

The programing is Very simple and it has what seemd endless functions that can be used to improve business communication and Logistics Operation...

Cons

That it is Slow at time of loading most of the time..

dishant from Lionbridge

Creating apps made easy

Zoho creator is amazing for those who don't know how to code great apps.

Pros

With the Zoho creator, one can easily make the Ios and android apps by just dragging and dropping the required fields. One can create the apps to be of personal use and deploy them quickly. The programming language supported for making the apps in zoho creator, I.e., Deluge, is easy to learn and get started.

Cons

The number of apps to create in the free version is very less. Zoho creator is easy to use but lacks in terms of speed. Hence, apps created lacks in speed.

Decreases Product Time-to-Market

Pros

- Low/No-Code Application Development - Easily and quickly build applications to match internal use-case of client specifications - Identify issues quicker and make faster changes to rules or form layouts

Cons

- You become highly dependent on the subscription of Zoho Creator. - Scaling (internal users or customers) with Zoho Creator can prove to be very costly.

Zoho Creator review

Highly recommended for business operation

Pros

Best application builder that has different functionalities suited for business and personal use. You can collaborate with the team and sync the updates while the development is ongoing. You can upload files and documents that can be use to be a source of database of your application. it has different templates that is ready to use and its highly customize to suited on the user requirements. No need for coding skills because its user-friendly. It has 15 days trial period for free.

Cons

the 15 days trial period. This can be promoted as free forever by setting some limitation on the functionality for free and paid.

Decent application builder if you're working with ZohoCRM

Pros

Integration with ZohoCRM is simple with Creator. Features are decent but I would suggest that you look into whether Creator meets your specific business needs as the templated solutions may not fit.

Cons

Exclusive use of Zoho's deluge language makes any troubleshooting a bit of a challenge since support is not 24/7. If Creator used a standard programming language, we could ask questions through stackoverflow or the general public who knows that language.

With limited knowledge ofcoding languages Zoho creator is a great platform for beginners.

Rapid app development

Pros

Using deluge programming language was a lot easier than using any other programming language. We did not have to spend long time learning a new programming language

Cons

We found user interface design limited for what we needed out of the software however it had great API with Zoho CRM

Michelle from Integrated Maintenance

Easy to Use - Great For Business Email

Pros

We use this mainly for the email for our business. We were able to use our own domain name. It's easy to use and love the interface.

Cons

The sorting capabilities are a little limited. It's not easy to find the settings to forward your email to something like Outlook. I had to search for them.

Tesh from http://www.diamondvita.com

Excellent Database Designer

Pros

In our work, we constantly maintain databases. First we used Excel for this purpose, but then realized that Zoho Creator is much better. Its main advantages are the possibility of teamwork and storage of our data in the cloud.

Cons

The administration was not able to offer customers a simple and understandable payment system. In order to understand the number of team users / projects you need to pay for, you need to contact technical support for assistance.

Megan from LEGACY TEAM SALES

Industry: Sporting Goods

Just scratched the surface

The sky is the limit here. Get creative. Learn how to use the programs. And then start creating unique systems and solutions that reflect the unique problems your organization faces.

Pros

We are excited to see what we can create with Zoho Creator. It has so many options and possibilities! Short term we use it to collect forms and track information from different departments in our company. If a product gets damaged in the warehouse, they can fill out our Zoho Creator Form and it gets notification to the proper channels. Longterm I'd like to build our ordering system on Zoho Creator, to have a fully customized software system unique to our business and our needs.

Cons

Because of its complexity, there's a learning curve in using it. You've got to dedicate a lot of time to learning the program to best use it.

August 2016

Steve from 100Rails Limited

August 2016

The BEST Online database development platform bar none...

We built solutions in days (NOT MONTHS) and had staff working on custom solutions in no time at all. The support is excellent and you can build a database for nearly anything you can think of in no time. Wow Wow Wow

Pros

Cons

Interface was a bit older looking but they have just upgraded that...

Chase from Firewalls.com Inc.

Great for reports!

Pros

Zoho creator gives you the ability to generate so many different reports for sales and inventory as well as others.

Cons

Sometimes when Zoho updates it can break a report or take away access that you may have granted but that is an easy fix.

David from TurnKey-Technology, LLC

Good App Making Functionality

We needed unique software, and was able to make it happen with Zoho Creator, and integrate it with the other essential apps on their platform. Very happy.

Pros

Lots of great and intuitive ways to increase productivity within the Zoho suite of products. If Zoho doesn't provide an app to do what you want, there's a good chance you can use this toolset to make one. It breaks down the functionality used within Zoho, and gives you the customization and power you need to make things work for you.

Kristen from Morningstar Global Translations

Versatile and dynamic software

Pros

I like that it's very easy for someone like me to create my own database. I was also able to embed the form into my website and receive automated email notifications every time a client or service provider submitted a new request or their details. All for a reasonable price.

Cons

There are some components of the software that are too technical and complicated for even me to understand, so they go unused.

Emad from decor

Relational database web apps made simple!

I really like this web app software. It allows me to quickly create database driven web apps. As soon as I create a new form and place my first field on that form, a database table is created without me doing that! I used to do Oracle development and you have to do a lot just to set up tables, relations, etc. Is so simple to do it with Zoho Creator. You can set up the relations by relating 2 forms together. I think you will however need to write some coding in the Deluge scripting language that comes with Creator to make sure you don't delete any parent rows if child rows exist.

Pros

Ease of use, creation of web form apps very quickly.

Cons

None but I would love to see more choices on the form themes like they have in Zoho Forms and the ability to place fields anywhere on the form.

Nicholas from Epiq

Perfect for In-House Custom Database Needs!

Pros

User Interface design is pretty straightforward - drag and drop. The Deluge scripting language is really easy to pick up and a lot of the problems you'll need to solve have already been addressed with zoho-specific solutions.

Cons

You are absolutely locked into the interface design aspects for reports and input forms. Nothing is going to look pretty. Any kind of custom formatting is going to require some hacking and testing before you come up with a workable solution.

Jonathan from Global Billing Solutions Inc.

I love it!

I started using Zoho's emails first and then gradually other features. Great company, cheap and effective. Their interface is better than Google Apps for sure - Put the two side by side and compare, you will see.

Pros

Great value for money.

Cons

Their live ticket generation system takes way too long.

April 2014

April 2014

Be careful before choosing.

Building an application takes a tremendous amount of time to perfect and grow. Starting on the right application that will allow long-term development is critical. For a DIY database, Zoho Creator has features that I could not find with another option. Their customer service though, will have you asking for MUCH more. Several times I dealt with significant problems that left our organization crippled and got ZERO response or consideration from customer service. Every time the problem was with their servers or software. I could go WEEKS struggling with an issue and get no help from customer service. When your organization's core application is down, you do not want to be with Zoho Creator. After struggling with issues and no help from Zoho, I realized that my growing company had to leave Zoho Creator. I found an open-source CRM called Zurmo. You NEED to check Zurmo as an option. Being open source, you can install it, modify the source code and it's free! They also have a paid version where they provide support and premium options. We have spent the last couple months building our new application in Zurmo and we love it. Overall, it's taking much less time than starting in Zoho Creator. Best of all, we aren't at someone else's mercy if the application has an issue. We can fix everything we want and host our own database. Although it takes a little more know-how to start on Zurmo, it was probably just as easy as Zoho, because accomplishing some things in Zoho was overcomplicated.

Pros

- Easy to use - Cost effective - Dynamic customization

Cons

- Customer services sucks - Might cripple your company operations with no solution - You will eventually need to leave Zoho if your company continues to grow - Can't use Javascript or customize themes (use Zurmo instead)

a powerful DIY builder

Pros

* a simple application to create our own small apps. * its like a whiteboard with tools where you can build your own app without having a bunch of developers or techies. * low cost so it is ideal for small business/startups

Cons

* it is a bit complicated app while you start configuring your app. You can be a master on it by following knowledge base and tutorials.

Esteve from Mapit IoT

Well thought

Zoho Creator has helped us to improve our efficiency at work thanks to the advantages of having a personalized app.

Pros

The main function allows you to build apps to manage your different business processes. This is a very useful tool that, when well managed, can make your life much easier than you think. We were really surprised with the results. We can add/change various fields with just draging and dropping things on the interface. when things get too rough, we make use of a professional. You can export to Excel and do analytics. Also, the integration with other Zoho apps is, as always, very useful and well designed.

Cons

There are some limitations that can be a little bit bothering, but not a great deal. Also, the mobile app needs to be improved.

Kevin from Fluency Group

Industry: Market Research

Super simple to start, then can get overwhelming!

Needed a simple database to keep track of media inventory. I created something simple, which worked, but after a demo by a zoho expert I am upgrading the whole system through a zoho consultant. This system seems to be able to do anything (that's the overwhelming part) but if you do your business requirements and use cases carefully it is a great value.

Pros

Great value. Very simple to start, but super powerful if you need it to be.

Cons

Beyond the "simple" stuff, if you want to take advantage of all the power of the system you'll need assistance.