All Collect! Reviews

Tony

Reviewed April 2018

Still very happy with this program.

It is the backbone of my business. I was able to customize the software to assist us with our legal collection practice.

PROS

This is an update to a previous review. After 15 years I am still very pleased with this program and have yet take full advantage of all it has to offer. It has allowed me to have a turn key operation that 15 years ago I only dreamed about.

CONS

I really don't have anything negative to say. At first it was quite daunting to setup and I felt the initial instruction/training could have been better. But upon reflection I think anything new can be difficult and after working in it for several months I became much more adept at creating the plans and reports I needed.

Cody

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Fully Featured, Extensible and Affordable

While there were some growing pains after migrating from a long standing legacy solution, we never missed a beat.

PROS

Collect! contains all of the features we needed to implement policies and procedures across the entire organization. Role based access; check. Fully customizable user levels; check. Integrations with third party service providers and payment processors; check.

CONS

The reporting and letter features native to Collect! are clunky and counter intuitive. The bulk of our reports have been created using SSRS to directly access the back-end data. A company to company move feature to directly transfer data between databases would be a great feature to add.

Reason for choosing Collect!

Ownership and upper management was already familiar with Collect! and they were able to provide us with the code review that DAKCS was not.

Reasons for switching to Collect!

DAKCS was unable to provide us with a code review required by a large client.

Thank you for this frank review. Reporting functionality has been improved by the new Query and Report Generator Tool. Thank you for the suggestion of the data transfer between databases.

Replied February 2021

Arwa

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2020

Does its Job.

Overall, its a good product and does its job. The cost is fair for its quality.

PROS

I like the support from the customer service department. I have used this product in a family business to assist with collections of past due accounts. The software is simple and robust to use.

CONS

Its sort of outdated and could use a makeover, especially the user interface. The search functionalities can be improved to provide more results for different query types.

Hello Arwa, Thank you for your positive review. Our customer service department works hard to help Collect! users, whether larger or smaller, use the system comfortably. As for the user interface, our programming department is currently working on the next major version which will include a complete overhaul of the UI and improved search. We hope that you make good use also of the extra resources in the Member Center and the massive online Help documentation. We remain here to help you use Collect! to collect the way you want and look forward to your next contact.

Replied June 2020

DeMetrius

Collect Review

PROS

Ease of use and ease of deployment when we set it up

CONS

Display could be a little more graphically appealing

Reasons for switching to Collect!

A more robust platform along with reg F compliance

Thank you for your review. Collect! comes set for industry standard collection practice and Reg F compliance, the system is highly configurable for individual needs. The next major version will have a familiar but updated UI.

Derek

Reviewed May 2023

The software is great but the team and support is even better!

Collect's friendly interface, integration capabilities, powerful functionality, innovative tools, robust security measures, and exceptional customer support make it an indispensable asset for businesses and individuals alike.

PROS

User-Friendly Interface,Navigating through its features feels effortless, thanks to its well-designed menus, clear icons, and thoughtful organization. Regardless of technical expertise, users can quickly adapt and maximize their productivity from day one.Powerful Functionality, Underneath its user-friendly exterior lies a powerhouse of functionality. From task management and document collaboration to data analysis and automation, it covers virtually every aspect of modern-day productivity. you can accomplish tasks with unprecedented speed and precision.Exceptional Customer Support. The team behind Collect! understands the value of exceptional customer support. They go above and beyond to provide timely assistance, whether it's resolving technical issues, addressing inquiries, or offering guidance. The dedication and responsiveness of their support staff ensure that users have a smooth and uninterrupted experience, building trust and loyalty among the user community.

CONS

it is not easy to build your own complex reports without understanding all the logic that goes into them. However, the support team is quick to help and fairly priced for custom work.

Thank you for this positive review. While Collect! comes preset for standard collections, our philosophy is that the system should give users configuration options to let them set their system to suit their purposes. Regarding reports, the Report Generator Utility enable users to create their own reports on the fly. And, of course, the report specialists on our support team are always here to help.

Replied May 2023

Alexandria

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Collect review October 30, 2023

I’ve been using Collect for more than 23 years. I have no plans on using or switching to a different system for my collection agency. They know what they are doing and that’s why I’ve stayed with them.

PROS

I’ve been using collect for 23 years. I’m happy with the product. They’re always there to support me when I need help with something that’s not working correctly or to implement changes that are being made through the law

CONS

Not too much I can say bad about collect. Once you get used to it it works like a dream.

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you are making use of Collect!'s full suite of compliance features. Thanks also for acknowledging the solid work of our support department. They are committed to helping you make the best use of the software to build your business.

Lynette

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Satisfied Customer

I am a very satisified customer and would recommend Collect! to anyone looking for a cost effective product that can be customized to a clients specific needs.

PROS

They provide excellent custmer service which is critical after the initial implementation period expires. The team is always willing to customize reports to meet client specific needs.

CONS

The inital training is very broad so there are a ton of questions once the day to day use of the product begins.

Reason for choosing Collect!

The sales team was very patient and answered all of my questions. I needed 24/7 customer service, talking to a real person, not a computer. And finally, the price.

Thank you for your positive review and you have hit on some of the benefits that Collect! strives to provide to its users: excellent customer service, efficient technical services, useful Help Desk manned by live human for application questions, and finally a reasonable price.

Michelle

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Collect is a easy database to learn and grow with

It is always a pleasure working with their staff.

PROS

It is easy to learn for new hires and we constantly customize according to our growth and needs.

CONS

While I love that we can customize, I feel that much of what we ask for should already be available.

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad to hear that it is easy for new hires to start using the work queue functions. Collect! is highly configurable in that just about every feature comes with setting options, and customizations are a further option. Thanks for the compliment to the support staff.

Replied November 2023

Sue

Collect Review

Great

PROS

Support staff are AWESOME ; Collect features are easy to learn

CONS

None that I am aware of - support staff handles all minor challenges

Recommendations, ease of use

recommendations

Thank you for your very positive review and your comments on our support staff. Collect! can be used as is with default settings, and it can be massively configured and customized to suit individual needs. Our support staff handles everything from quick application questions to very large customization projects. We are glad you are making such good use of Collect!.

Robert

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Positive Review

It is nice to have a system that has little technical issues or downtimes to affect my workday.

PROS

The ability to move around screens and locate the information you need in a timely manner is fabulous.

CONS

At this time, I have no suggestions for improvements to help me be more efficient.

Thank you for your positive review. Collect!'s Work Queue function gives operators quick access to all the screens they need to get tasks done quickly. We are very pleased that Collect! helps you work so efficiently.

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Collect! saved the day!

My existing system was on the way out & the vendor made it clear they were not interested in working with small to medium sized firms going forward. I got onboard with Collect! just as my system was about at the end of its' useful lifespan. With the help of the fine technicians @ Collect!, I was not only able to migrate & save my existing system to Collect!, I was also able to expand it to the point where I now have more functionality & productivity at my disposal than at any other time in the 29+ year life of my business. The costs are reasonable & the staff is responsive & very easy to work with. I highly recommend this product & as the title of the review indicates, they really saved the day for me.

PROS

I like the straightforward user interface. It is highly customizable & allows me to tailor solutions for my clients directly, without the additional cost of special project programming. It is fast, accurate, affordable & serves all my business needs.

CONS

I came to Collect! after using a different software solution (1 of the major software vendors to the North American collection industry) for about 25 years. There is a learning curve when attempting to apply existing strategies & tactics to Collect! & the online documentation didn't always answer all my questions. If you do decide to use this software for your business, I would absolutely recommend that you include an implementation & support package that best fits your needs, based upon the size of your business.

Thank you for recommending the implementation packages. While training is included in purchase, most new users want at least one new business import map or other customized tool to use right away. Also, just send a quick note to support if you think something is lacking in the Help documentation and we will send that page for an edit. Thank you for taking the time for this review.

Replied August 2020

Justin

Reviewed November 2022

Highly recommend this extremely flexible highly customizable debt collection software!

I have been in this industry for 17 years. Very highly recommend this software to anyone in the Debt Collection / receivables management industry.

PROS

I love how flexible this software truly is. It is probably the most customizable solutions available that can adapt to your companies’ specific processes, needs, and or procedures. I also love how simple they’ve made patching/updating the software. Very impressive considering how flexible and customizable everything is. I feel Collect! went above and beyond to make sure their clients understood and maintained compliance with the new Laws and regulations taking effect in 2022 & 2023.

CONS

The initial setup can be a little tricky. I highly recommend learning about all the features Collect! has to offer. It is very important to take your time planning out the configuration and customization's for your setup. Spending this extra time planning in the beginning (before data conversion) will make you system much more efficient and save so much time in the future

Thank you for your positive comments on the compliance suite added to meet CFPB Reg F requirements. You have also captured Collect!'s ongoing effort to provide a highly configurable, feature rich solution while making it as easy on the user as possible. You provide very good advice for onboarding. We work with clients even before their projects begin to identify their configuration and customization needs in addition to their data migration needs. We are committed to high quality onboardings that take 90 days from us receiving a first complete data set, assuming the implementation requirements fall within normal parameters. Thanks again!

Replied November 2022

Reviewed November 2020

Look no further; This is it!

99% paperless collection agency! Everything is where you need it and where it can be found. No lost or missing documents. All stored more securely. Disk space is cheaper than real estate. With a little bit of work -flow mapping and a couple of hours of custom programming by Collect! has resulted in replacing cheque runs and paper statement remittances to clients with e-statements and EFT direct deposits by batch. Massive savings in admin time, postage, and banking costs. Improved margins and greater security.

PROS

Logical, simple & straight forward product right out of the box. Incredibly flexible to customize to your client requirements and work flow by yourself or, with the help of Collects! humble and down to earth support staff. Robust help pages (that continue to grow) makes it easy. The recent change to have Collect! running on SQL database bodes well for a bright future and robust future development.

CONS

Although having well indexed help pages it is sometimes a bit of a struggle to research and find exactly what you are looking for if you are not exactly sure of the technical name within the Collect! universe. This however I accept as more of a "me" limitation than a Collect! limitation.

Reason for choosing Collect!

Flexibility, cost, and most importantly the incredibly responsive and humble staff on the Collect! team.

Our technical staff is always ready to work with Collect! users on workflow improvements. Sometimes modest customizations can result in significant efficiencies for a business. Thanks for the great review, Chris. It is a pleasure to work with you.

Replied November 2020

Dana

Reviewed February 2017

Collect! Testimonial

thoughhasWe have been very fortunate to use Collect! as our collection software for 20 years. During that time our business has evolved dramatically and so Our original ts were, There is no way this PC based software can fulfill our needs at a price like that. But, it has exceeded our expectations in flexibility, versatility, design forethought and ease of use. Even today, there are many aspects of this solution that we do not fully take advantage of. You won't believe the total cost of operation, it is less than 20% of our prior in house developed solution. Also, you can plan on extended service life for your server. Upgrades do not push you prematurely out of your hardware. We have experienced a five to seven year life on servers. It really comes down the business model Comtech has chosen to implement: 1. Superior customer service by hiring real people to answer the phone. Sometimes it in Australia or Europe, but they are always able to help solve our problem. 2. Surprisingly affordable customization of reports and import projects. So cheap in fact that we don't even think of hiring our own people to do the function. 3. Finding and hiring good people and training them before client interaction. Always helpful, knowledgeable and polite, we truly feel that they care about us and our problem and provide us with solutions faster and cheaper than we anticipated. Comtech's staff has become a part of our family. Let them become part of yours! BOTTOM LINE: is the price performance ratio Collect allows you to have and at the same time remain competitive in a difficult industry.

PROS

Richness of features and ease of use top the list. Total cost of operation is exceptional. Great customer service.

CONS

Unable to identify any Cons.

Jeff

Reviewed February 2021

Impeccable Customer Service

Overall happy with my experience. The company is very attentive to customer needs and I sense a sincere desire to help their customers succeed. Their customer service sets them miles apart from other software vendors I've worked with in the past.

PROS

Very versatile and customizable (too much in some areas). Exceptional customer service; punctual in returning calls/email, friendly, detailed and evident they have a good culture within. Evident they care.

CONS

Several little nuances at times with the software and navigation/formatting is a bit cumbersome. Software is tailored towards the traditional collection management/agency, and less-so to our business model of legal collections (although they are improving new report writer functionality). Tutorial needs updated as it references old functionality that no longer exists, or has been altered; they have been attentive to curing issues when notified.

Thank you for this review. We are about to release an updated set of tutorial videos and will keep adding to them. The new Query and Report Generator Tool will make it easier for users to create reports on the fly without programming skills. We look forward to continuing to work with you.

Replied February 2021

Brad

Reviewed November 2022

Packed with Features

PROS

Collect is affordable, packed with features and has grown with me from 2 users nearly 20 years ago to 15 users today and I know of others who have far more users on the software. It has the ability to automate complex tasks and Collect's support team is always willing to find a solution to make things easier. Collect works hard to keep the software current and is constantly improving "old" functionality and adding new functionality.

CONS

The ability to create reports, letter templates and more is limitless. Unfortunately, the report layout is not ideal. We've found ways to organize things in the library but there's room for improvement for sure.

Reason for choosing Collect!

Equal or greater features for far less money and ease of use.

Thanks for commenting on the configurability of Collect! We continue to develop Collect! knowing that no two users will use the software in exactly the same way. Our product management and development team keeps the need for configurability top of mind, as you know. Reporting is a current development focus and we will be in touch with you offline about this.

Replied November 2022