• icon"Richness of features and ease of use top the list. Total cost of operation is exceptional."
  • icon"The customer service for Collect! is by far the best feature of the service."
  • icon"This software is user friendly and able to do more than you would ever need or use. Customer Service Support is amazing and the staff is very friendly."
  • icon"This can cause confusion when querying the database."
  • icon"It is difficult to access local data and often it is out of date."
  • icon"Lack for developing features in app during processing some operations."

All Collect! Reviews

Tony

Still very happy with this program.

It is the backbone of my business. I was able to customize the software to assist us with our legal collection practice.

Pros

This is an update to a previous review. After 15 years I am still very pleased with this program and have yet take full advantage of all it has to offer. It has allowed me to have a turn key operation that 15 years ago I only dreamed about.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say. At first it was quite daunting to setup and I felt the initial instruction/training could have been better. But upon reflection I think anything new can be difficult and after working in it for several months I became much more adept at creating the plans and reports I needed.

Justin

November 2022

Highly recommend this extremely flexible highly customizable debt collection software!

I have been in this industry for 17 years. Very highly recommend this software to anyone in the Debt Collection / receivables management industry.

Pros

I love how flexible this software truly is. It is probably the most customizable solutions available that can adapt to your companies’ specific processes, needs, and or procedures. I also love how simple they’ve made patching/updating the software. Very impressive considering how flexible and customizable everything is. I feel Collect! went above and beyond to make sure their clients understood and maintained compliance with the new Laws and regulations taking effect in 2022 & 2023.

Cons

The initial setup can be a little tricky. I highly recommend learning about all the features Collect! has to offer. It is very important to take your time planning out the configuration and customization's for your setup. Spending this extra time planning in the beginning (before data conversion) will make you system much more efficient and save so much time in the future

Response from Comtech Systems

Thank you for your positive comments on the compliance suite added to meet CFPB Reg F requirements. You have also captured Collect!'s ongoing effort to provide a highly configurable, feature rich solution while making it as easy on the user as possible. You provide very good advice for onboarding. We work with clients even before their projects begin to identify their configuration and customization needs in addition to their data migration needs. We are committed to high quality onboardings that take 90 days from us receiving a first complete data set, assuming the implementation requirements fall within normal parameters. Thanks again!

Andy

October 2022

Review of Collect!

Pros

Collect! is straight-forward and efficiency about working accounts, adding notes, and adding payments.

Cons

Collect! doesn't enforce referential integrity so users can enter statuses, contact codes, note codes, etc... that don't fit with other codes within the system. This can cause confusion when querying the database.

Response from Comtech Systems

Hi Andy, Thanks for your review and we are glad you are finding Collect! easy to use and providing good value. Regarding your comment under Cons, you cannot enter a status that does not exist which suggests you have some blank lines in your list. This can easily be configured to suit the way you want the system to work. We will check with you offline to offer configuration support.

Replied October 2022

Brad

Packed with Features

Pros

Collect is affordable, packed with features and has grown with me from 2 users nearly 20 years ago to 15 users today and I know of others who have far more users on the software. It has the ability to automate complex tasks and Collect's support team is always willing to find a solution to make things easier. Collect works hard to keep the software current and is constantly improving "old" functionality and adding new functionality.

Cons

The ability to create reports, letter templates and more is limitless. Unfortunately, the report layout is not ideal. We've found ways to organize things in the library but there's room for improvement for sure.

Reasons for choosing Collect!

Equal or greater features for far less money and ease of use.

Response from Comtech Systems

Thanks for commenting on the configurability of Collect! We continue to develop Collect! knowing that no two users will use the software in exactly the same way. Our product management and development team keeps the need for configurability top of mind, as you know. Reporting is a current development focus and we will be in touch with you offline about this.

Michelle

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Collect for us

This has helped us be more efficient in collecting outstanding debts.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly, and very customizable if you know the coding.

Cons

has a very limited rang of payment processors pre programed into the system. need to pay for a custom programing to integrate other processors. Most people in customer support dont know how the program works.

Response from Comtech Systems

Thanks for your review! Collect! ships configured for a standard 3td party collection agency - and can be reconfigured to suit the user's unique workflow. We say that no 2 clients use Collect! the same way because very shortly after starting to use the software people want to use the configuration options to change some of the settings. The Help documentation is there for you 24/7! We do have a standard payment processor integration that is known to support. We have built integrations with a number of additional payment processors also. Some of these are in production and some are still officially in beta so the integration developers work with clients. This is all moving forward and takes time and multiple beta sites to do well. We are very happy that Collect! has helped you be more efficient in collecting outstanding debts.

Evan

Customizable, interesting product

Pros

I've worked extensively with Collects customizable features around report writing, run plans, and automated features. If you're willing to put in the time to learn how to use these features (there is lots of good documentation provided to help you learn) it can be a powerful software for improving operation efficiency.

Cons

The system can become bogged down when testing large queries at times, and random glitches can make certain things disorganized (i.e., scrambling the order of report libraries spontaneously, or losing tagged lists randomly).

Response from Comtech Systems

Thank you for your positive review. Collect! was built to be highly configurable because everyone wants to use the system differently. In addition to documentation, we have recently added many more training videos to the Member Center. The glitches you mentioned are likely small configuration or process errors in your system. We invite you to open a support ticket and provide details. We will help you with this offline.

Diego

Our experience with Collect

Great value for the monthly price paid.

Pros

Collect´s solutions, especially it´s cloud-based version are incredible tools for small companies and even for those companies that have reached their full potential.As a Debt Collection company with many years of experience, we haven´t required or needed any other software.

Cons

In the beginning we had some issues regarding some of the modules. For example, we recognized that some notes were not being uploaded-saved.

Reasons for choosing Collect!

It is not expensive and it is easy to use and learn from the beginning.

Response from Comtech Systems

Thanks for this positive review and we are glad that you have found that Collect! meets all your needs. Since you started using Collect! we have added additional training videos to the Collect! Member Center. The training videos, our documentation and our support department is all intended to help you use Collect!'s automations and features to optimize your collection workflow.

Natalie

ComCredit

Collect is always working to enhance its existing features so there are regular improvements. Suggestions are always welcome & the support staff go out of their way to assist in any way possible. Collect excels at providing a seamless end-to-end experience for our customers, our staff & our clients.

Pros

Collect is user-friendly & makes our daily tasks much easier to undertake. Collect helps to exceed our targets & our client's expectations.

Cons

There can sometimes be small issues that arise such as reports not operating as expected but they are always dealt with quickly & efficiently by the amazing support staff.

Response from Comtech Systems

Collect! offers a feature-rich, configurable system that is also easy to use. Sounds like you make good use of the automations in the operator work queues that enable your operators to complete their tasks with speed and accuracy. Thanks for your compliments on our support team - they are fantastic and will continue to be there for you whenever you need them.

Jeff

Impeccable Customer Service

Overall happy with my experience. The company is very attentive to customer needs and I sense a sincere desire to help their customers succeed. Their customer service sets them miles apart from other software vendors I've worked with in the past.

Pros

Very versatile and customizable (too much in some areas). Exceptional customer service; punctual in returning calls/email, friendly, detailed and evident they have a good culture within. Evident they care.

Cons

Several little nuances at times with the software and navigation/formatting is a bit cumbersome. Software is tailored towards the traditional collection management/agency, and less-so to our business model of legal collections (although they are improving new report writer functionality). Tutorial needs updated as it references old functionality that no longer exists, or has been altered; they have been attentive to curing issues when notified.

Response from Comtech Systems

Thank you for this review. We are about to release an updated set of tutorial videos and will keep adding to them. The new Query and Report Generator Tool will make it easier for users to create reports on the fly without programming skills. We look forward to continuing to work with you.

Replied February 2021

Donna

November 2022

What I Love About Collect!

Collect is wonderful to do business with. Very helpful when I may have a problem, which is very rare. Fantastic in helping me create unique letters and/or reports for my specific needs when requested.

Pros

Collect is a fantastic and encompassing software for a one person collection department. I find everything user friendly and meets all my needs.

Cons

For my specific needs in using Collect!, there are no bad features or extra steps that are not required.

Response from Comtech Systems

Thank you for your positive review. Our support department is always here to build the customized tools you need. If you are so inclined, you can build reports, letters and emails yourself using our Reporting Tool. We look forward to continuing to work with you to make the best use of Collect! for your needs.

Barry

Collect

We have a large number of our customers whom end up in collections and this software keeps us organized. We send many letters which we have had automated and makes it much easier.

Pros

Flexibility and Customization is great. Has made us much more efficient

Cons

If you accidently hit delete in the note section it deletes everything for the file.

Response from Comtech Systems

We are delighted to hear that Collect! has improved your efficiency through the use of automations. Automations and newer tools such as the consumer portal allow many Collect! users to manage every increasing numbers of accounts without increasing staff numbers. Barry, we are contacting you offline about your con because that is not the way the system works so support can help you with that.

Collect! saved the day!

My existing system was on the way out & the vendor made it clear they were not interested in working with small to medium sized firms going forward. I got onboard with Collect! just as my system was about at the end of its' useful lifespan. With the help of the fine technicians @ Collect!, I was not only able to migrate & save my existing system to Collect!, I was also able to expand it to the point where I now have more functionality & productivity at my disposal than at any other time in the 29+ year life of my business. The costs are reasonable & the staff is responsive & very easy to work with. I highly recommend this product & as the title of the review indicates, they really saved the day for me.

Pros

I like the straightforward user interface. It is highly customizable & allows me to tailor solutions for my clients directly, without the additional cost of special project programming. It is fast, accurate, affordable & serves all my business needs.

Cons

I came to Collect! after using a different software solution (1 of the major software vendors to the North American collection industry) for about 25 years. There is a learning curve when attempting to apply existing strategies & tactics to Collect! & the online documentation didn't always answer all my questions. If you do decide to use this software for your business, I would absolutely recommend that you include an implementation & support package that best fits your needs, based upon the size of your business.

Response from Comtech Systems

Thank you for recommending the implementation packages. While training is included in purchase, most new users want at least one new business import map or other customized tool to use right away. Also, just send a quick note to support if you think something is lacking in the Help documentation and we will send that page for an edit. Thank you for taking the time for this review.

Replied August 2020

Cody

Fully Featured, Extensible and Affordable

While there were some growing pains after migrating from a long standing legacy solution, we never missed a beat.

Pros

Collect! contains all of the features we needed to implement policies and procedures across the entire organization. Role based access; check. Fully customizable user levels; check. Integrations with third party service providers and payment processors; check.

Cons

The reporting and letter features native to Collect! are clunky and counter intuitive. The bulk of our reports have been created using SSRS to directly access the back-end data. A company to company move feature to directly transfer data between databases would be a great feature to add.

Reasons for choosing Collect!

Ownership and upper management was already familiar with Collect! and they were able to provide us with the code review that DAKCS was not.

Reasons for switching to Collect!

DAKCS was unable to provide us with a code review required by a large client.

Response from Comtech Systems

Thank you for this frank review. Reporting functionality has been improved by the new Query and Report Generator Tool. Thank you for the suggestion of the data transfer between databases.

Replied February 2021

Look no further; This is it!

99% paperless collection agency! Everything is where you need it and where it can be found. No lost or missing documents. All stored more securely. Disk space is cheaper than real estate. With a little bit of work -flow mapping and a couple of hours of custom programming by Collect! has resulted in replacing cheque runs and paper statement remittances to clients with e-statements and EFT direct deposits by batch. Massive savings in admin time, postage, and banking costs. Improved margins and greater security.

Pros

Logical, simple & straight forward product right out of the box. Incredibly flexible to customize to your client requirements and work flow by yourself or, with the help of Collects! humble and down to earth support staff. Robust help pages (that continue to grow) makes it easy. The recent change to have Collect! running on SQL database bodes well for a bright future and robust future development.

Cons

Although having well indexed help pages it is sometimes a bit of a struggle to research and find exactly what you are looking for if you are not exactly sure of the technical name within the Collect! universe. This however I accept as more of a "me" limitation than a Collect! limitation.

Reasons for choosing Collect!

Flexibility, cost, and most importantly the incredibly responsive and humble staff on the Collect! team.

Response from Comtech Systems

Our technical staff is always ready to work with Collect! users on workflow improvements. Sometimes modest customizations can result in significant efficiencies for a business. Thanks for the great review, Chris. It is a pleasure to work with you.

Replied November 2020

Dana

Collect! Testimonial

thoughhasWe have been very fortunate to use Collect! as our collection software for 20 years. During that time our business has evolved dramatically and so Our original ts were, There is no way this PC based software can fulfill our needs at a price like that. But, it has exceeded our expectations in flexibility, versatility, design forethought and ease of use. Even today, there are many aspects of this solution that we do not fully take advantage of. You won't believe the total cost of operation, it is less than 20% of our prior in house developed solution. Also, you can plan on extended service life for your server. Upgrades do not push you prematurely out of your hardware. We have experienced a five to seven year life on servers. It really comes down the business model Comtech has chosen to implement: 1. Superior customer service by hiring real people to answer the phone. Sometimes it in Australia or Europe, but they are always able to help solve our problem. 2. Surprisingly affordable customization of reports and import projects. So cheap in fact that we don't even think of hiring our own people to do the function. 3. Finding and hiring good people and training them before client interaction. Always helpful, knowledgeable and polite, we truly feel that they care about us and our problem and provide us with solutions faster and cheaper than we anticipated. Comtech's staff has become a part of our family. Let them become part of yours! BOTTOM LINE: is the price performance ratio Collect allows you to have and at the same time remain competitive in a difficult industry.

Pros

Richness of features and ease of use top the list. Total cost of operation is exceptional. Great customer service.

Cons

Unable to identify any Cons.

paul