Browse AdButler Reviews

Jeff from Jeff Payne Company

Best Ad Server Solution On The Market Plus Excellent Customer Service

I have tried several Ad serving plugins and programs over the years but when I began using AdButler about 3 years ago I quit looking. This was the perfect solution for several clients of mine.

Pros

AdButler has so many features that make this software special such as: organizing ads based on the publishers and advertisers, account statistics, variety of ad types including video, impressions and click metrics, special publisher login to manage various accounts and pricing, and brand customization for the dashboard. I highly recommend AdButler.

Cons

If you are not a regular user of AdButler from an admin standpoint you will likely need to revisit their tutorials. It's not difficult as much as it is powerful and you need to remember the process for adding and managing ads.

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

It is a very robust program that has all the bells and whistles you would want. The others I have tried were lightweights compared to AdButler.

Reasons for Switching to AdButler

The features of AdButler is second to none. I wanted a robust program for tracking, collecting payment, and monitoring ads.

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your review and nice words Jeff. We are glad we are able to help you and your customers

Anthony from Yaffa Media

Industry: Publishing

The support makes all the difference

First and foremost, the AdButler staff are incredibly helpful. Even during evaluation they were always willing to take our enquiries and offer guidance wherever possible. And then during implementation, and ongoing, they go above and beyond to help with the issues that crop up for new users. Amazing!

Pros

Great user interface and controls. Easy for all skill levels to use. Good platform features to suit most use cases. Support delivery on both web and email.

Cons

There are a few bug bears like having to add a click macro to third-party & HTML5 code (our ads are supplied by clients and we haven't had those coding skills in-house.) Also, some add ons could be argued should be part of a standard plan in this era (e.g. geo-targeting, enhanced analytics like viewability.)

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

Ultimately it was the ease of use plus the amazing support from the AdButler team during the whole process which gave us confidence to apply and adapt to the new platform.

Reasons for Switching to AdButler

They were decommissioning product.

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

Hi Anthony. Thanks for your review and feedback. We are glad we can be of assistance.

Dami from Brand Advance

Programmatic executive

Pros

The platform is user friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

Overall layout/ format could be improved slightly

Nick from Biotech

Industry: Publishing

Easy to use, packed with functionality

We deliver over a million as impressions per month with this service, a mix of Paid and in house ads. It's certainly up to the task, reliable and easy to use.

Pros

Professional level as delivery system that is easy to use, but gives you everything you need; serves all types of adA from static to third party tags to VAST. The features we use most are scheduling, controlled delivery rare and geotargetting. A solid service that we have used for many years.

Cons

Can be a bit clunky but improves every year.

Ease of use

ORLA from SideQuest

The right product for us

Overall I am really impressed with how the team at Ad Butler have supported us, over and beyond the initial setup. They listen to ideas and feedback and when they are the right fit, they implement. I like working with companies like Ad Butler that understand that software is always evolving and that having conversations with clients really helps.

Pros

We tried a few different ad systems before we found Ad Butler. Being able to self manage advertisers and keep content relevant to our site is really important to us. Ad Butler has worked with us every step of the way, always willing to have a call, go over feedback and make updates at a consistent pace.

Cons

Sometimes the workflow isn't obvious or easy to navigate but that is part of the feedback loop that we have with Ad Butler and the dedicated support really makes a difference.

Reasons for Switching to AdButler

Before, we had no control over the ads that were being shown and, because we have an desktop app based product, some ad partners refused to work with us. Now we have full control over who can use our ad system and we can implement it to suit our product.

Michele from Publimaster

A powerful means within the reach of even small businesses

My experience with ADButler is fantastic. It's a powerful tool for my needs. The assistance is always present and has never left me unsatisfied. Even if the updates sometimes leave me puzzled, the fact remains that ADButler is a great working tool.

Pros

I liked the ease of use and the service always ready to help you. The appropriate cost for a small reality like mine has then satisfied all my requests.

Cons

In the updates you are bringing you are losing the ease of use. Too many details, too many subtleties that are of no use in mid-level reality.

Bárdur from Atlantic Airways

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Happy user of Adbutler

As mentioned we use Adbutler for administrating our campaigns running in Faroese online media. (4 different platforms)

Pros

We use the software to administrate our marketing material sent to the faroese media platforms, and is very well suited for that purpose. Also the way we can have different messages/graphic material for different countries is a big plus.

Cons

The biggest issue is when the downtime. It is not often, but sometimes it hit's and there has sometimes gone a long time before it is fixed.

Michelle from MichelleHoffmann.com

Great Service - excellent value!

I've been with AdButler for years, and have had no problems whatsoever :). I love these guys!

Pros

This product is easy to use, cost effective and really helps my business grow and expand.

Cons

I have found nothing that I do not like with this product.

Tom from Towne Post Network, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Great web platform for ad management

Pros

Very easy to use and understand, simple navigation

Cons

Reports a little clunky to pull, would be nice to see with the campaign itself

Joseph from Lucky Ones TV, LLC

Works like it supposed to

Excellent

Pros

It works well integrating smoothly with our content. No complaints on our end. I would recommend to anyone looking for an ad hosting service and player.

Cons

Not applicable. We found no downside to using this software

It came highly recommended

Jose R. from Palofit

Very pleased with adbutler to date!

We are blessed to have chosen ad butler, it was easy to setup and has served us wonders for 6 years now. We haven't had to do any code changes at all since the original setup, we haven't had any downtimes and we've always had an easy time with management of our ad placements.

Pros

The fact that it was easy to setup, just some parameters and copy/paste onto our website. The fact that there were several wordpress plugins that were fully compatible with it and that eased the installation process for us. The fact that we could still use adsense in the background for unsold adspace

Cons

The fact that there is no free tier for using this product.

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

It was the only one that had full support for our desired tags.

Reasons for Switching to AdButler

We were limitted by GAM in some of our configuration requirements (specifically the types of tags we wanted to setup).

Pat from Connector Supplier

Industry: Publishing

Excellent product and great customer service

Overall experience has been very good. Thanks AdButler.

Pros

AdButler replaced a prior ad service we used. After reviewing many ad services, we choose AdButler for its features, ease of use and customer service that FAR EXCEEDS the previous large and very expensive service we had used. I had great assistance to help me get the initial setup done. I have never waited more than a couple hours for response to support tickets, and get fast response when I call. AdButler continues to add new features regularly. We have overall been very happy with the choice of AB.

Cons

The only area I find a bit less robust than our previous service is the area of reporting. I would like to see more customized, predesigned and Pre-formatted reports. I can download CSV files, but I have to do a lot of formatting to make them look good for both internal and external reporting.

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

For the feature set, ease of use and value in pricing.

Product discontinued.

Jordan from Mhm publications inc

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

API is very useful

The support at Adbutler was amazing. I usually hit a reply within hours and the tone of the support was always positive and supportive

Pros

The support is top notch! Once I figured out what I needed to do in regards to th API I was able to completely automate our monthly ad process. I also developed a web portal that allows our end users to manage there own placements/artwork

Cons

The API documentation was very hard to understand. This was my first really API integration so basic examples and order of operations would have been helpful.

Jervin from Sorensen Media Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

Adbutler

Pros

Easy to deploy and been using it for multiple websites.

Cons

In terms of features, I would suggest having the ability to schedule the ads per day. For example, ads will be only running every Tuesday and Thursday for a month.

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

HI Jervin. Thanks for your review. Regarding your comment, I believe we have available the add scheduling feature you are looking for.

Rick from Callisto Marketing Services

Good for beginners

Support is good and they've generally had answers to our questions. To be honest we aren't using all of the features and really need to dig into what more it could do for us.

Pros

We didn't have a third party ad server before and of the ones we checked out, Ad Butler seemed the easiest to setup, easiest to run and was the most cost effective.

Cons

The way we had to organize it, we really needed a bit more flexibility. In effect we had to setup our clients as publishers, so there was a work around. No big deal.

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

Cost, ease of use and support. We actually recommended it to a publication we place space in and now they are using it.

Shawn from Mhm publishing

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Almost perfect

Good with minor or few complications

Pros

Easy to use (somewhat) Dependable Good support

Cons

JavaScript site prevents browser controls like opening links in tabs. System setup for ads doesn't allow campaign images to have start and end dates, only zones.

Customer service

Dustin from TITUS/ONE

Quick, Efficient and Flexible

Overall, this platform fills quite a few gaps in our ad ops process.

Pros

I like how quickly I can spin up campaigns both for publishers and advertisers. Their payment plan is flexible as well which makes it easy to manage the campaigns and process.

Cons

Documentation could be a little more robust.

Cost and flexibility.

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your review and feedback Dustin. We are working on improving the robustness of the documentation.

Marshall from Agro Industry

Adbutler was the easiest and least expensive advertising solution

Adbutler has served me well and has been utterly reliable.

Pros

What I likes about adbutler: - Ease of use (no coding skills required. – Inexpensive, could test it without a heavy committment

Cons

The user interface took some getting used to.

William from JAWS Communications, LLC

AdButler Ad Network

Pros

The ease of use and the customer support.

Cons

It seems the menu of items can be made easier to find. There were times when I had to contact customer support to locate certain functions which were not easily found.

Leonard from National Black Guide

Industry: Newspapers

Great Service and Easy to Use

Pros

I like mos that I can have my advertisers ads rotating thru all my websites seamlessly.

Cons

Something when a blank banner image pops up, it's difficult to determine which particular banner is causing the issues.

Jenny from VBD

User experience

Pros

The software is clear when there is an error message. If I cannot fix the error from this message then the support team are prompt and efficient.

Cons

Changes are made, sometimes making it confusing

Mario from Live Media Group, LLC

Hands down the best self-hosted advertising solution to supplement AdSense

Great.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of deployment, functionality.

Cons

Nothing, really. The white label domain cost is a little excessive...since it doesn't actually cost any more resource wise and is very simple to setup. I'd gladly pay $100 for the inconvenience of setting it up, but not 50$/mo.

dan from Youth Runner Magazine

Surfs Up

Good

Pros

I'm a small fish and not a big user lately (hope to ramp back up) it is fairly easy to use, but what I most liked originally is that I could call in....and you actually answered the phone. I noticed in the last year that has changed and you have to send in a ticket. I have recommended you several times just because of the prior phone support. Most software will never get you a live voice.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything to report.

Actually I forgot.

Chad from Sublime Media LLC

Industry: Publishing

Easy to use with lots of useful data......

Pros

It is very easy to use and the analytics make sense.

Cons

The Interface can sometimes be a bit confusing.

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

The company I was previously at, I implemented it there and I used it almost daily so I really am not familiar with other products..... I was happy with Ad Butler enough that I didn't research other products.

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your review Chad. Let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance.

Albert from whatsup.joburg

Decent advert software

has taken care of all our banner ads. Set up and forget about it makes our lives a stack easier.

Pros

Easy integration and short learning curve to adopt.

Cons

Sometimes the preferential placing of an ad set over another would be confusing

Rodney from Northstar Publishing, Inc.

Ad Server Problems Solved

Ad Butler automated our ad delivery and online reporting. The ability to serve and track ad performance in our e-newsletters was a huge time-saver.

Pros

Love the ability to serve ads to our website and our e-newsletter. Love the ability to provide real-time reporting links to our customers. Love the ability to schedule and forget.

Cons

No real cons that I can think of - everything works as advertised.

Ease of use.

Juan Carlos from MarketinLife

Great platform with lot of features

Pros

AdButler is a great platform, easy to manage and very powerful. I´m very proud of count on this technology in my agency because it lets me help my customers in their online marketing campaigns by serving their ads into value-added websites with an accurate tool like AdButler.

Cons

Maybe segmentation setup and settings could be better because it is difficult to understand how can you segment some ad contents according to all the features that you have within the platform. But once understood you run your campaigns without any issue.

Vinay from Scroll Media

Really simple 3rd party ad serving, with pay-as-you-go costing models

This allows us to give 3rd party ad serving to our customers. Always beneficial for impression validation :)

Pros

I like the ability to choose specific pricing models that best fit our business. It covers most of the needed ad serving features which is a good. You could directly use these in DBM, Mediamath, and I guess TDD as 3rd party creatives.

Cons

Its a little expensive when you choose the pay as you go model. But again, its really convenient for ad hoc ad serving requirements.

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

Flexible costing and features were a huge influence to my decision

Dennis from PathologyOutlines.com, Inc

Industry: Information Services

A good choice for banner ad delivery

Overall, a very good app for handling and serving banner ads for a website.

Pros

Very robust; it does exactly what it should without troubles. AdButler can easily pull metrics for just about any scenario you might want.

Cons

AdButler has a bit of a steep learning curve, but once you understand how it is set up and how it works, making it do what you want is relatively straightforward. Online tutorials would be a nice feature, but the tech support is extensive. A more flexible cost structure would be a welcome addition. Not everyone fits into the standard tiers.

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your review, feedback and suggestions Dennis. We will have an update on the pricing part at the beginning of the year and we're going to work more in the near future on online tutorials.

Lesley from Mortgage Bankers Association

AdButler is a

AdButler support has been fabulous. Responses are swift and AdButler takes as much time as needed to troubleshoot, always following up to make sure we're happy. I couldn't be more pleased with the support and professionalism of the AdButler team. They have been a real pleasure to work with.

Pros

It was easy to learn and has really useful features. There aren't a lot of pages and fields to fill out to get our ads up and running -- the setup process is intuitive and quick.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about AdButler,

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

Online reviews for AdButler were the best.

Reasons for Switching to AdButler

AdManager was very time-consuming and complicated, and the analytics were lacking.

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the nice words Lesley. We are glad we can be of assistance.

Gaétan from Sifted

Industry: Online Media

By far the most user-friendly service of its kind

After weeks of research, AdButler ended up being the best option for us, and really the only one that made sense. We are a medium-size company who run ads a few times per year, and had no prior knowledge in digital ads whatsoever. The platform is easy to use, and tutorial videos and customer service will help along the way.

Pros

As easy to use as this can be; very helpful and responsive customer support; flexible pricing options; clear reports; useful tutorial videos; ability to preview and change content in real-time.

Cons

Recurring monthly plans only (we only need it a couple of weeks every 3-6 months).

Varun from Doceree

Adbutler as an adserver

Good

Pros

Out of the box functionality and the feature set available

Cons

Custom development takes a lot of time and team often missed their timelines

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

API access and features available

ewan from Sunstone Digital Ltd

Smart Ad Serving - Total Control

see above

Pros

Adbutler was a great choice for our project - providing a direct ad serving solution for a global brand's advice website. We assessed a number of platforms and nothing offered a similar blend of features and value. Integration was simple and customer support from Adbutler's specialists was excellent. We've now deployed multiple ad zones for different devices, geos and category pages on the website. The Adbutler analytics suite is intuitive and provides the right blend of management and granular level data. We're 8 months in and so far so good. Very good infact

Cons

nothing to dislike etc

see above

Melissa from Family Fun Canada

Ad Butler

The tracking software is accurate - almost identical to Google analytics which is the most important aspect of reporting for our clients.

Pros

I appreciate the online and telephone support available when I have encountered issues.

Cons

The cost is in USD when both my company and AdButler are Canadian based.

Karl from MPI

Good software within budget

Pros

functions covers most of the requirement

Cons

Ad management, keep track and provide all data

Manz from Work4 Projects

Enable our company to accept more advertising

Pros

It got options that we cannot do without. Such as geo.

Cons

It can a challenge for someone with little coding knowledge to post a certain banner, but the support from Adbutler is very fast and problem was solved quickly.

Marc from Nueva Vida Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

Ad Butler - Serves up the ads..

Saved $$$ in using AdButler versus purchasing a VAST Ad server for my VOD/OTT and live stream television.

Pros

The ease of use and support has been matchless.

Cons

Not sure I can think of any. The software does exactly what is expected of it.

cost - Capex versus Opex

Linda from theBrokerList

Outstanding Onboarding and Support

It has been one of the best experiences with a SaaS application due to the combination of hands-on customer support and the amazing onboarding experience.

Pros

The onboarding experience was 5 star. Ongoing customer service is fabulous. The software itself solved my problem exactly without excess features and stuff I will not use.

Cons

I have not found anything about this product that I did not like.

NA

Reasons for Switching to AdButler

To save time and streamline operations. It was life-changing for me being a one-person organization.

Christopher from Golf Ad Network

Seamless Integration with Our Platform Requirements

This was our first ad serving platform to be used by the Golf Ad Network. It is what we expected and know that it can grow with our business.

Pros

We needed a way to serve digital ads through our publisher requirements and found that AdButler gave us all the tools to satisfy those requirements. Best of all it afforded us ease of use to quickly and efficiently serve ads across several channels.

Cons

Most difficulty came from providing specifications to our channels that we could serve from AdButler. Deciding which way to serve the ads could and should be explained in more detail for those users who are not as experienced with ad serving.

Jake from Brand Advance

Simple and straightforward

Pros

Very straightforward and easy to use straight away

Cons

Some processes could be made faster (for example adding more than one zone at a time to campaigns without creating channels) Adding a login for media owners that own more than site so they can see impressions for all of their publishers on the same dashboard

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your feedback and feature suggestions Jake. We've written them down and we'll reach out to ask more info about those features.

Matteo from EdizioniAF

Industry: Newspapers

Great product at a stellar price

Pros

The product is really easy to setup and integrate, entry-level to mid-tier feature set, great price for the product in the end

Cons

The interface and some user flows might be better, some bugs here and there but here ally fixed quick

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the review Matteo.

Anna from Warmblood Stallions of North America

A Bit of a Learning Curve, but Worth It

It really has worked seamlessly since I started using it.

Pros

It does everything I need it to. I can set all the parameters I want, and then forget it. AdButler does what it's supposed to, and I have the usage stats I need.

Cons

It took awhile to get the hang of how to most effectively set it up for my needs.

Reasons for Choosing AdButler

We had serving banners built into our website and handled them manually. AdButler was a revolution.

Alim from FourPlus Media

Good ... Could be better

It's been very nice.. the support is friendly and timely.. there's constant innovation but frankly one can't focus on what's been upgraded on as serving technology constantly.. so other than the initial features I haven't used much.. and even if the initial issues faced by us have been resolved I wouldn't know

Pros

Ease of setup. It was not difficult to understand and the interface seemed friendly.

Cons

Issues with implementation on newsletter campaign..

Ease of setup

Luis from bPlay Global Content

Usage of AdButler for ads and video rolls for promotional marketing platform b!Play

We wanted an ad platform supporting banners and video rolls to include in our own promotional marketing platform (b!Play) to show ads for branded content, and it was easy and inexpensive to start with this one, Very happy with it

Pros

Very easy to start with and to setup, we have everything we needed to start, banners with custom and standard formats, and video rolls working perfectly with our video players (Azure Media Player and JWPlayer) Easy to get most of the statistics in the portal.

Cons

Some statistics are sometimes not easy to setup, and at first it is a little bit of hard to configure the ads and understand everything is going on. The user interface seems a little bit "old" and not so user friendly sometimes.

Dave from Worlds Without End

AdButler is forgiving for amateurs.

Overall I'm very pleased with AdButler. I was reluctant to take on learning a new software but the AB interface is very clean and with a little trial and error I've managed to work things out fairly well.

Pros

The interface is clean and relatively straight forward.

Cons

Some terms are confusing and it took some train and error to work out how to do things.

Bradley from WELD Health

Great Product & very happy!

Displaying ads to our users where and when we need to contact them

Pros

Its integration and setup on our backend.

Cons

Sometimes tricky to broadcast new media.

Brooke from Jobing.com

Excellent Service & Ease of Use

I have been very happy with AdButler - the service has been excellent & prompt. As a new user of this type of software I find it very intuitive, and for those things I didn't fully understand I was able to receive very prompt service & answers.

Pros

I have limited experience with Ad Serving software, but I found AdButler very intuitive for implementing new campaigns. I love that there were hovers with explanations on things I weren't sure of.

Cons

I really don't have anything substantial - I find it user-friendly.

Response from SparkLIT Networks

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your review Brooke.

Marc Kristoffer from The Japan HR Society

Such a relief!

So far, the overall experience was great!

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

So far, all our needs are being catered.

Affordability!