What are Dentrix Enterprise users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Dentrix Enterprise software through verified user reviews

• icon"The support team is great, the software is user friendly in most aspects, and the schedule is easy to read."
  • icon"I have found that so many of the software systems are SO user friendly you can pretty well figure out how to use them just by clicking around."
  • icon"I am still in the process of getting to understand the software, I like the scheduling."
  • icon"Two times to select the encounter number! you can't be serious. In my arena, I need to interface with a medical record as well as other systems, all those interfaces have been bad to date."
  • icon"When interfaced with other systems, Dentrix itself is very frustrating and can't do many of the things that we need it to."
  • icon"For health centers bad overlap with medical software."

Browse all Dentrix Enterprise Reviews

• Have you used Dentrix Enterprise and would like to share your experience with others?

Kristen

Highly effective dental software

We love the options to bundle services and the services just keep improving in their features offered.

Pros

So many features not even sure we use to full capacity yet. Helpful customer service when you get a knowledgeable person. Sales reps have excellent response time, etc.

Cons

Since Covid customer service wait times are way to long.

Reasons for choosing Dentrix Enterprise

Ascend is not really fully developed.

Reasons for switching to Dentrix Enterprise

Softech is dated and not condusive to paperless/digital charts at practice transition

michael

Industry: Executive Office

Perfect for multiple offices

When we went from one practice to the second practice it became obvious to me that we needed something different then the ability to remote into the other offices computer to see what the numbers were for the day. We were beginning to lose touch with the new office. We looked for multiple solutions to our problem and demoed multiple software packages. After finding Enterprise, there was not a close second. Its ability to jump from clinic to clinic was amazing. The reporting gave us the solution we were looking for. I wanted something that put as much emphasis on the business of dentistry as it did dentistry itself. We now have the ability to stay macro and look at all our clinics (5) as a whole or, with the click of a button, drill down to the micro and find out what our areas of opportunity are with a single line item in a clinic. Without this software, we would not be in the place we are today and would not be looking to expand anymore.

Pros

The ability to jump from clinic to clinic as well as the reports that it allows you to pull out of the system.

Cons

The transition from core Dentrix to Enterprise is somewhat difficult for the clinic staff due to the "visual effects" not being there. This are in a little different place. But once they get used to the new placement, they appreciate the simplicity.

Response from Henry Schein

Thanks for your review Michael!

Sumeet

April 2022

Dentrix Enterprise

Excellent software for the price. The support is not the best, but the software is reliable and simple to use.

Pros

Easy and user friendly. Easy to train staff with. User-interface is simple and not complicated. Billing and creation of claims is easiest on this platform.

Cons

Confirmation/reminders and all communications with clients is unreliable. We have contracted with a third party company to ensure proper delivery.

Lisa

Dentrix Enterprise Review

Frustration that there is so much to the product that we can't get a good workflow.

Pros

scheduling, setting up clinical notes...

Cons

ledger, reports, dental clinical notes..

medical went with Athena

Reasons for switching to Dentrix Enterprise

it was not working well! Too many errors

Jana

Our year with Dentrix.

Pros

The reports that available, the checks and balances to the system.

Cons

We have had a lot of difficulty in the year that we have had Dentrix, with our server. Main issue is that everything runs super slow, have had multiple technicians look and try to diagnose the situation. It had been rather frustrating. Another issue that we have had is that at implementation we were told that we were set up to run medical claims for procedures to be submitted to the patient's medical insurance. It took me 4 months to get everything figured out to do this. In fact we were not set up to submit the medical claims. That part is finally working for us, but with a lot of sweat equity. We do have a technician with Henry Schein that is going to work on our server in a couple of days. Hopefully things will get figured out.

Brian

Solid build, easy to use, great support.

Coming from an environment where there are multiple EHR systems my colleages are often jealous of Dentrix Enterprise. The documentation is thorough, which makes training staff and revising our own manuals a breeze. The software itself very infrequently has problems, and when they occur they are usually resolved within the day.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to setup, very customizable, great support, interfaces with other common software. Out performs our medical and behavioral health software for ease of use, implementation, and regular maintenance.

Cons

A little pricey, especially when getting into Meaningful Use. Would like to see less third-party integrations for meaningful use or more options for third-party integrations. Would also like to see a built in maintenance solution.

Response from Henry Schein

Thanks for your review Brian!

Anabel

User Friendly

Pros

User friendly and easy to use by staff, visual.

Cons

The reporting functionalities are not good for a FQHC.

interface between our EHR

User for almost 10 years

Great!

Pros

DXE is a great EHR for dental practices that are FQHC or have multiple sites. It has wonderful features and is user friendly. Their customer support is wonderful, easy to use and can even be accessed online via chat. User conference is great! I do wish there was more user groups to connect, but overall it is an amazing event to learn and expand knowledge of program.

Cons

Reporting is clunky at times, especially pulling UDS information. Wish updates were more frequent.

Good tool, support, and value

Pros

This hits everything our dental staff needs. Everyone likes the scheduling functionality, back office works well.

Cons

There is some nickle & diming going on with some of the meaningful use functionality, and the recommended training is almost always unnecessary. When interfaced with other systems, Dentrix itself is very frustrating and can't do many of the things that we need it to. There is little help from support staff, you are always told to enter an enhancement request which just sits for years with no forward traction.

Dental practice management software

I do not currently use Dentrix Enterprise in my business because of the problems I encountered while I was an employee of an office that used it.

Pros

I like the accessibility of cloud based software, which is important for dental practices with more than one location.

Cons

The software had many glitches while I was a user. Many of the reports we would run didn't have accurate figures. We would run multiple reports to make sure the software would give the same result, but it always gave different figures. Since I was paid based on what I produced, the way the software inaccurately reported the numbers, it affected my pay. From a business owner's perspective, this could cause you to overpay contract employees. I also didn't like that you couldn't switch between views without losing your work. There wasn't an option to save a note unless it was completed and sometimes I had to go back to a different screen to verify information and return to my note and found that I had to start over.

Luz

Great investment.

Pros

Tons of features and functionality. The software is easy to use and intuitive. Even if you don't know where something is you can pretty much deduce where to find it will be there. The costumer service is amazing, and they will always be there for you in case you don't know something. They will guide step by step until you get there.

Cons

There are somethings that can be improved upon, but that's icing on the cake. They even though about that too. You can voice your opinion an tell the developing team what you would like to see in future version and they will add it for you. I think they call it dentrix my voice or something like that...

Brittany

Enterprise Use

Pros

Easy to use and teach to others................

Cons

Not as many one click options. You have to make several clicks to complete an action.

CHalise

Love Dentrix

Easy to train

Pros

I really like that it is so user friendly.

Cons

I would recommend Dentrix to any one. No cons.

More user friendly

Robert

Dentrix Dental Systems

The software helps to maintain my dental office finances and patient information.

Pros

Once installed on my server, the software will upgrade all workstations when Dentrix is opened. The program maintains all patient information and files insurance electronically, notifies patients of appointments and of missed appointments. Group email notices or text messages are easily formatted and sent. The ledger is connected to all modules so that patient checking out is seamless.

Cons

large upgrades require enhanced computers on workstations to handle the software.

Monique

Dentrix has multiple features which make it versatile and competitive.

Pros

User friendly and has multiple features for better navigation and flow. The treatment plan page and dental chart have custom button you can create because everyone has different things that they like on these forms.

Cons

Not a big fan of digital X-rays , I don't like how the image is not crisp and shallow carious lesions don't show up well and can be easily missed. I prefer traditional method of viewing X-rays. Some patients say the digital sensors are uncomfortable and dental assistants say they are hard to use with the Rinn system.

Grace

You can manage appointments across multiple dentists, it just takes some time to learn.

Pros

- Once you learn it, it's pretty easy to read the schedule. - You're able to add the pricing to the services and list the treatment plan. - You can add in when you've received a payment from a patient.

Cons

- When you try to reschedule someone, it shows a tiny little box on the right that you have to hover over it just to see which appointment it is. When you have many patients needing to reschedule, it takes time to see which patient is which. - I wouldn't leave any very important information there, like social security numbers

Dentrix Enterprise is the one stop shop for Dental Clinics.

I have been using Dentrix Enterprise for eight (8) years. I recommend Dentrix for these reasons Tech Support is knowledgeable, responsive, and professional Compatible with many x-ray sensors Features are current and are user friendly

Pros

The feature I like most about Dentrix is how it is accessible from both onsite and at offsite locations.

Cons

I wish that the Dentrix Client Version would auto upgrade after upgrading the Dentrix Server. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Response from Henry Schein

Thanks for your review David!

Sherry

Dentists and Dental Hygienists Love the software

Dentrix is a great dental software.

Pros

The visual aspects of Dentrix make this a product that provides ease of use. The charting is clear and easy to use. The notes are easy to build for the Dentists and make any amendments.

Cons

The cost of electronic prescribing is high as it is per provider for the feature. Meaningful use is another add on cost rather than being available in Enterprise as a feature.

Rebecca

Use this application daily with my patients.

Pros

Once you get used to all of the buttons, the software is easy to use. I like the many options to customize for each office.

Cons

Often, there are too many "clicks" sometimes I Junk the computer should be smarter but you have to tell it things it should already know. For example, make an appointment but then you have to change the date on the cc. It doesn't always save it.

Response from Henry Schein

Thanks for your review Rebecca!

Erica

Dental office review

Pros

The ability to have multiple columns for multiple providers in fast paced dental office. We have over 50 users in our program and the ease of moving from one thing to the next is seamless. We are able to upload documents, create treatment plans, leave notes etc for clear communication for all parties.

Cons

It can be difficult to teach new hires as I feel like there a multiple steps to enter a new patient, find an appointment time etc. You are also not able to track what user schedules or moves an appointment.

Heather

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great software, but could use some improvements.

Pros

The software is very end user friendly. Love the design of the modules and appointment book views. Easy to bill out of, and works good with HL7 interface.

Cons

Would like to see updates in the reporting, charting, permissions, insurance features (including verification of insurance), ledger features, as far as, grouping claims with procedures and adjustments.

Shana

Multi-Location Made Easy

Overall I would say my experience with Dentrix is like a loving marriage. Its not always perfect, we have things we both need to work on, but it looks like we will be together forever! It could be a lot worse! Just kidding, we will live happily ever after!

Pros

The ability to access all sites from one login.

Cons

Insurance component is out dated and difficult to maintain.

Size of company

carrie

enterprise

overall its a good program

Pros

the line item accounting in the ledger is nice also the treatmet planner is very user friendly

Cons

the statements have to much confusing information for the patients

the ownership changed

Peter

Dentrix

Overall experience is very good. Lot of updates and new features.

Pros

The software is easy to use. There are a lot of features which support a dental office. It integrates well with other software.

Cons

Cost is a little high. There are a lot of functions which is hard to understand. Tech support is not as good.

LEE

Dentrix G6

A good product overall!

Pros

Ideal software for a paperless Dental Practice. It has a place for almost everything and is compatible with other applications.

Cons

Still has a few quirks that need to be addressed. Too much clicking of mouse. I wish it would respond to key strokes as well so that I don't always have to use mouse.

4.17/5 out of 102 reviews