What are Dentrix users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Dentrix software through verified user reviews

• icon"The constant updates and suggestions from users across the country is a great way to make it perfect for us users."
  • icon"I like the format of the schedule, the treatment planning is very straight forward, and it is easy to write notes/navigate a patient's chart."
  • icon"I like dentrix because once you get to navigate it then it really is a great software that helps the practice in multiple ways."
  • icon"Costly for annual maintenance. The hold time for customer service is sometimes lengthy."
  • icon"We need more pre-block options for the appointment book / scheduling to template. We have to create an event and that is annoying."
  • icon"Problems when upgraded systems. Not knowing everything it can do."

Browse all Dentrix Reviews

• Have you used Dentrix and would like to share your experience with others?

Cindy

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Best Software Ever!

Dominique

Industry: Translation and Localization

Dentrix was a lifesaver at my previous job.

My previous job at my father's dental office worked with paper files for the first 30 years. We finally convinced him to upgrade and get a computer system. We chose Dentrix and I'm glad we did! I don't have experience with others to compare, but it was such a great software. Also, you can print out the patient's chart to have a backup paper chart to file in case of an emergency.

Pros

- Dentrix has a ton of features that makes scheduling appointments mostly easy and stress-free. - It's easy to find the codes after the patient received their treatment and add it to their digital chart. - Easy to print patients' charts for backup files. - Billing made easy. - Customer support was always excellent

Cons

- Costly. - It can take a bit to learn everything within the software. - Only Windows compatible. I have Windows but that can be an issue for those who are Mac owners. - When scheduling appointments, sometimes the boxes cover other appointment times making them nonvisible, which ultimately makes you not realize an appointment is there and mess up the appointments for that time slot and surrounding.

Reasons for choosing Dentrix

Dentrix offers more customer support and training assistance. Our company trusted Henry Schein as we were already loyal customers. Product Switched From

Kristen

Great dental software backed by excellent company

We love HS and dentrix for our practice!

Pros

Dentrix is very user friendly and has many features for many needs

Cons

Too many clicking steps, not cloud based and not enough initial training. You have to dig to get the full use out of this product. Once you do, though, it’s great

Reasons for choosing Dentrix

More user friendly and well developed. Ascend is not ready for the masses!

Reasons for switching to Dentrix

Outdated software for today’s transition to digital practice charting

Sumeet

Dentrix

Overall, Dentrix is overall a great dental management software for the price.

Pros

The claims/billing management is quite easy to use. User-friendly software and easy to train staff on.

Cons

The x-ray uploading, loading and transferring. Horrible integration especially where sensitivity and accuracy are so important. There are also issues when you have people with the same name.

Reasons for choosing Dentrix

Price and ease of use/training

Reasons for switching to Dentrix

Mainly price and integration.

Support with an attitude, and a big bill

Good software when is running. Difficult to deal with technical issues. And very expensive. Not worth the price!

Pros

I like how Dentrix integrates all clinical aspects of the practice under one program

Cons

It is very expensive. Great marketing will have you believe you are buying the Cadillac of dental software. You must sign-up and pay monthly for technical support. They provide frequent updates, which never install smoothly. You are forced to call customer support. And they will talk to you with an attitude. Plan to spend a long time on-hold. And then a long time installing those updates. Very frustrating!

Reasons for choosing Dentrix

We were buying dental supplies from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Thought it would be a good idea to get the software through them too. Keep it all together. Not necessarily true. Dentrix and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] act like two completely separate companies. No reason to stick to Dentrix if you already buy your supplies from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Alex

March 2022

Dentrix makes our workday work!

We use Dentrix everyday in our dental clinic. It is the glue that holds our work days together. We are in the process of going paperless and Dentrix has enabled us to be confident in this big change. From scheduling efficiently to keeping track of completed and future treatment, Dentrix keeps the workday flowing.

Pros

Patient charting and treatment planning are the most critical functions my workday. My office manager would tell you the eClaims and insurance verification options are important for an efficient day. We continue to learn about new options as we upgrade to Optimum Pro and take on automatic notifications and online bill pay. Because of their multiple service packages, you can personalize you package based on cost and features. It’s a good product.

Cons

You have to be familiar with the software or you will become overwhelmed by the number of buttons and options. I probably only use half of all the functions. Training is imperative and their customer service is usually good. At times, it will take a while to get through to a real person for support.

Reasons for choosing Dentrix

Cost and other user recommendations. We spoke with other doctors and their experience with both Eaglesoft and Dentrix. Dentrix always won out.

Response from Henry Schein One

Thank you for the wonder feedback Alex. I would love to discuss your feedback with Dentrix further. If you're interested let me know.

Replied March 2022

JoElle

Great full suite of Dental practice management software.

I have been working at another dental office recently that doesn’t use Dentrix and I really realize how user friendly Dentrix is and how complete the software feels. It is organized and easy to complete tasks/charting without duplicating efforts. Dentrix just feels like it makes sense to me and it has a professional and updated look. The software I use at the other office is so much harder to use and takes me twice as long to do anything (maybe because I have so much experience using dentrix?). Dentrix is a complete package of features that link together everything in a patient record.

Pros

The features and ways this software can help manage patient records, appointments, billing, treatment plans, and communications is limitless. I have worked in offices that utilize Dentrix to its fullest and it is a great tool and keeps everyone on the same page in regulates to patients and treatment etc. You can begin using it for a few things and as you get comfortable the features used can expand. It is pretty flexible for using in small offices or larger offices and with proper training it seems to be great in my experience as a hygienist.

Cons

It can become a mess if employees don’t understand how to utilize the software properly. If patients aren’t scheduled directly from the recall in their chart then they will show up on recall lists and get notified they are due for an appointment or sometimes they can end up with multiple recalls if not managed correctly when scheduling. If treatment plans aren’t input correctly then scheduling and estimates will be inaccurate.

Samantha

I use Denrix every day at work and I really enjoy it.

Pros

I really enjoy that there is so many different areas to explore. If you have any questions customer service is always willing to remote in and help and there are also training videos to watch to help.

Cons

A few things that can some times become a headache is when say a child parents are separated and they have insurance with both parents you have to add them on the same account instead of keeping every one as an individual like Eaglesoft has it. Another little con I have is that it is kind of hard to email a patient there ledger, if they request. There is a lot of steps.

Heather

Dentrix makes my job easier!

My overall experience with Dentrix has been a good one. I have been using this software for almost 16 years. It is very user friendly and allows us to treat our patients more efficiently.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is very user friendly.

Cons

What I like least about this software is how occasionally when I am posting insurance payments into the patient ledger it will not let me and say that the patients chart is pulled up on another workstation and that is not the case.

Jimmy

Dentrix Review

Customer suppose is always there, like the chat support feature

Pros

Very user friendly and has short cut buttons and customizable templates for everything. I would say this is the most used dental software for most dental practices

Cons

They have a very cool updated feature to link xrays to dentrix chart but it is only compatible with some xray software. Would be nice if it was made compatible with apteryx which is the xray sofware I use.

Binh

Used everyday in our practice for patient management software

Overall very please and have been using Dentrix for awhile now.

Pros

Ease of use. Keeps our records all electronic. Pt scheduling is a breeze. Highly recommend this software.

Cons

Can be slow at times with our servers. Outdated interface. Can be updated to look a little more modern.

Kimberly

Dentrix for a Dental Office

Great!

Pros

This product is very user friendly. You can go online and learn to do just about anything.

Cons

We need to update our program but need to update our computer system first. Which we just can not do at this time.

Constantin

Poor to non existent customer service and technical support

Customer service and technical support used to be good. Last couple of years that changed for the worse. Waiting time for someone to answer a call is longer than 30 minutes and if anyone does answer, it is always a technician located overseas, with very poor understanding and command of both the English language and the software. They are answering questions by reading a script that often does not make any sense. To be connected to a technician located in the US, which are all very professional and knowledgeable, it is almost impossible. As i am typing this review, i have been on hold for 40 minutes and counting.

Pros

Product is complex and relatively easy to use, but each update makes it less dependable. Each new update adds features that are practically useless and make the whole thing more cumbersome to use.

Cons

Customer service and technical support.

NA

Josh

20+ year user of this software

Pros

This software is the original. We actually started with this software back in the terminal days before windows networks were popular. Over the years, I can say that this software has it all. They have more functionality than any other software I have ever seen. I have made my dental office more and more efficient simply by learning how to use the software and its different parts. PLUS, they have an online forum where you can make suggestions and vote on others' suggestions. Then they take the suggestions with the highest number of votes, and they build that functionality into the software. So it is a software that has been built on the backs of its users.

Cons

There is not a lot of things that I would say are bad with the software. One thing is that there is SO much functionality that it can be overwhelming. They also could have better "online" services that they call Eservices (text messages for patient reminders, etc.). Other than this, it is just vital to really get trained over and over again on the software as that is the key to its success.

Dental software beyond compare.

This was the first time I had worked in an office with Dentrix software and learning it was something I knew I was going to have to do eventually. It took a solid week of me focusing on learning each function of the software and implementing it into my daily routine for me to feel comfortable using it without guidance from coworkers.

Pros

What was there not to like about this software? I was fresh out of dental assistant school when I went to work for my first job out of school and I was nervous that I wouldn’t learn this software fast enough in the field. That fear went out the door once I got to using it and saw that the layout made things pretty self explanatory and how easily everything flowed together. This software gives you the ability to manage all functions of running a dental office under one roof, instead of operating several different programs.

Cons

The only thing I could do with being changed with this software would be the patient charting portion. For some reason, it was always a hassle when it came to entering the patient’s chart notes the Doctor had written during each procedure. It just felt like this section never operated as smoothly as the rest of the program did.

The most user friendly dental software

I've used Dentrix more than any other system over the years. It's very easy to jump in and use. There are a few improvements that can be made to Dentrix to make it the optimal software system. This would be nice to see!

Pros

Dentrix is extremely user friendly and the most common dental software found in dental offices. The charting and notes are easy to use, along with the quick notes for standard notes that are repeated with procedures along with hot buttons for easy charting. The treatment planning is efficient in the charting with outlining priority. Scheduling is easy to use, clear and customizable for display. The drop box on the right to move appointments is handy and everyone can share the same drop box, even if you are logged in under different users.

Cons

There are too many windows that need to be opened, charting, xrays, documents center, patient information, schedule. Documents would be better served with the patient information to limit all of the windows you need open. When an electronic submission is sent to the insurance, a digital copy is not kept in Dentrix. This is very hard to work with as you need to scan in documents continuously and you can see the previous record of what was covered at the last visit. You can't send emails with an option of encrypting the documents with a password - for privacy legislation this would be amazing!

Tara

My favorite dental software to date

My overall experience is a good one. I have recommended this software to other people.

Pros

I enjoy al the many ways to be able to access what I need. I've been using the software for two and a half years and I STILL learn something new about it every few months or so. The support with Dentrix is great: they always help me find what the problem is and fix it in a timely manner. I have used three other dental software programs and this is by far my favorite.

Cons

There are a few things that are a bit difficult to figure out. For the first year and a half I didn't have any sufficient training on reports, but once I took a class the next state over it made far more sense to me.

Reasons for switching to Dentrix

The prior software didn't do half of what we wanted/needed, and I disliked the fact that any time I reached out of support in the past that it cost us additionally. With Dentrix there is no cost with support, which is how I feel it should be.

Kerri

Full Service

I really do like this program. The support has been fantastic and the developers LISTEN!

Pros

It handles almost everything we need to do in the office in one central management program.

Cons

The statements and ledgers are often confusing to our patients. I find myself having to put together spreadsheets to explain things. I also am disappointed that we can no longer change who a payment is applied to after we have closed the month. People make mistakes and once the month is closed you cannot fix patient balances without having to make a bunch of adjustments that are confusing to patients.

Reasons for choosing Dentrix

We inherited Dentrix version 11. We stayed with this version because it was what we knew. After coming to BDC 2017 we realized how much more the program could do for us and we upgraded to G6. I did consider maybe checking out Eaglesoft, but liked everything Dentrix could do.

Matt

Command center of our practice, has made our lives exponentially easier!

This functions as our command center for the office, it streamlines documentation, scheduling, collecting payment, confirming appointments, running reports, ect, There is not much that this program does not seem to be able to do.

Pros

The ease of scheduling, blocking in the schedule, access to patient records, the plethora of informative reports, the easy to use and fairly intuitive layout, customization, The ability to add and edit templates in chart module. I honestly could not imagine running the office without this program. I have had several employees say that they prefer Dentrix over any other practice management software they have used.

Cons

Sometimes the modules can lag (could be our system as well, but I have a feeling it is the program for the most part), the lack of quick update releases, the lack of adopting and implementing features that have been being asked, recommended, or outright begged for on the Dentrix My voice.

Jane

Comprehensive dental software that is easy to use

Pros

Encompasses everything needed to provide excellent dental care for patients. Although very good software to begin with, company is open to suggestions from users and will incorporate most popular suggestions in updates. Have been using for over 30 years.

Cons

Overall happy with software. Perhaps one con would be in regards to add-on features. For example, there is a credit card processing add-on that works along side Dentrix. A great feature that integrates with software but, at the time when we were using this feature, there was no choice in credit card processing company. In order to use it, all offices had to go with the same processor, regardless of the discount rates, etc. We were able to get a better rate with comparable service elsewhere, however, it doesn't integrate with the software. Not directly related to the base software program which is wonderful.

Kenneth

The best software for the most sophisticated practices

Very good. I have had a wonderful experience since 1993 with this program. I install this on all the offices that I work with. You will need training and consulting to get the best of this software, but they have that too.

Pros

Dentrix has been in this game since the beginning. They are the first Windows based dental office program. Well that's history now. Today they are more advanced and more adept at managing patient details and practice information than any other program. If your staff struggles with this program or if you the doctor have issues, then get training. HSPS offers this too. I won't use anything else. Yes. It has fees and costs. But you get what you pay for.

Cons

It requires good computers. It requires trained staff. Then with this accomplished your whole office performs much, much better. There's no way to justify a simpler program with less trained people. Why?

Orlando

One great software to use!

Dentrix costumer service is rally good and they are good with helping you answer the concerns or questions you have. Its a great software when its compare with many software I've used in the past and I wouldn't go back to the other ones. I always recommend Dentrix to any new dentist or dental offices cause I have a great experience with it, we just need to modify it to make it better for us clinicians.

Pros

This software is very compatible with most computer programs, has great tools to work with and is backup by great costumer service.

Cons

They are many separate windows for every single component, due to its many tools and versatility is a little hard to navigate and find certain tools or complicated on how to use them. Needs to be a little more simplify or have a content window with links that leads to what you are looking for like finances, patient images, charting, etc.

Esmeralda

Software

Overall I find it easy to use. It's the main system I have used and have found it easier to use than other.

Pros

We have used Dentrix in our office for years. We are currently on G6. Whenever I have an issue or need help I call the Dentrix support and get assistance fast.

Cons

I do wish I could switch when printing a walkout with dental codes. Patients say they don't need an itemized printout when they use their FSA/HSA cards then they call a few days, weeks or months later staying they need more information. I print out a patient ledger or walkout from the date of payment and the codes can't not be found. It is both frustrating and us and the Patient. Since most of the time their card has been placed on hold.

Reasons for choosing Dentrix

what I was familiar with the most and trained on.

Aurora

Powerful, but not the most user friendly

Custom Reports, Communication/Integration from Dentrix to other platforms like Solution Reach for appointment reminders and continuing care.

Pros

There are so many features to use in dentrix that can really benefit a company. From custom reports to ease of scheudling and a help center. Customer service is always good and helpful, although, not always fixing the whole problem that we may have. However, they are always polite and ready to help.

Cons

Because there are so many features, we maybe know how to use a fraction of them. We have never really had any training on it and it can be costly to sign up for classes that really only cover the basics. I really want to learn! There is no in depth training and each time I have an issue I feel like only parts of the problme get fixed until I call like 3 times.

Sohrab

Amazing software

It runs my practice, and does everything from the daily schedule, to the patient chart, to the ledger, to the employee time clock.

Pros

It literally does everything you need to run a small dental practice.

Cons

It is on the expensive side. It really should be given to Schein customers.

Reasons for choosing Dentrix

Had used it at a previous office.

4.32/5 out of 328 reviews