• Pros

• "The software is very easy to use and this makes it fun day for everyone."

• "very easy to use. quick. both the layout and charting are very easy to use. I love the icons. easy navigate"

• "It is very easy to use. I love the resources that you can get on line plus the chat experience. The icons are really neat when you learn all of the tricks"

• Cons

• "maintenance costs and support is a little high, but for the quality you receive the software is great "

• "Can be a bit overwhelming at first as there are so many options shown only with pictures, but once you figure it out it is very straight forward."

• "It isn't entirely straight forward to learn, with the menu a little cluttered. Once you get past that, it seems to do a good job."

Browse Dentrix Reviews

Dominique from Happy Transcripts

Industry: Translation and Localization

Dentrix was a lifesaver at my previous job.

My previous job at my father's dental office worked with paper files for the first 30 years. We finally convinced him to upgrade and get a computer system. We chose Dentrix and I'm glad we did! I don't have experience with others to compare, but it was such a great software. Also, you can print out the patient's chart to have a backup paper chart to file in case of an emergency.

Pros

- Dentrix has a ton of features that makes scheduling appointments mostly easy and stress-free. - It's easy to find the codes after the patient received their treatment and add it to their digital chart. - Easy to print patients' charts for backup files. - Billing made easy. - Customer support was always excellent

Cons

- Costly. - It can take a bit to learn everything within the software. - Only Windows compatible. I have Windows but that can be an issue for those who are Mac owners. - When scheduling appointments, sometimes the boxes cover other appointment times making them nonvisible, which ultimately makes you not realize an appointment is there and mess up the appointments for that time slot and surrounding.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix

Dentrix offers more customer support and training assistance. Our company trusted Henry Schein as we were already loyal customers. Product Switched From

Tara from Elko Dental Care

My favorite dental software to date

My overall experience is a good one. I have recommended this software to other people.

Pros

I enjoy al the many ways to be able to access what I need. I've been using the software for two and a half years and I STILL learn something new about it every few months or so. The support with Dentrix is great: they always help me find what the problem is and fix it in a timely manner. I have used three other dental software programs and this is by far my favorite.

Cons

There are a few things that are a bit difficult to figure out. For the first year and a half I didn't have any sufficient training on reports, but once I took a class the next state over it made far more sense to me.

Reasons for Switching to Dentrix

The prior software didn't do half of what we wanted/needed, and I disliked the fact that any time I reached out of support in the past that it cost us additionally. With Dentrix there is no cost with support, which is how I feel it should be.

Kaivan from Kiai dental corporation

Dentrix review

The use of it is great. Customer service help has been a nightmare at times.

Pros

It's complete. The new updates are really good.

Cons

Can not integrate iPad to sign forms. Customer service quality has declined drastically since the pandemic

Experience

Arnell from Down to Earth Dental

Not for the average user

I don't have to have paper charts or appointment book.

Pros

It's powerful for the front office. Has a lot of reports that can be generated. Customizable. Can enter time on procedure codes.

Cons

Not for the average user even if they go to training. The end user has to be computer savvy and has an exceptional attention to detail. Front office heavy. Treatment planner presentation is not adequate. eServices bundle includes stuff that's not needed or used. Inaccurate when it comes to continuing care data. Although customizable, software limits the characters for labeling on definitions such as Appointment Status. Too many data fields that are hidden or hard to find therefore, causes a lot of inadequate data entry due to confusing and busy display and fields. Unscheduled treatment plan reports does not show that patients have already appointed for some on the treatment list. Can't easily generate or create referral template unless the user also has advanced knowledge of MS Word. Clinical template creation is difficult. Lab manager is too clunky. eServices insurance verification is too clunky and glitchy. Could not generate a list of specific procedures attached to a patient's name. For example, list of patients with premolar and molar endo on their treatment plan. I have a Dentrix superuser on my team. We had to use mail merge for this. Procedure code appointment length customization is pointless since the software does not properly calculate clinician and assistant times when entering multiple procedures.

Constantin from General and Cosmetic Dentistry

Poor to non existent customer service and technical support

Customer service and technical support used to be good. Last couple of years that changed for the worse. Waiting time for someone to answer a call is longer than 30 minutes and if anyone does answer, it is always a technician located overseas, with very poor understanding and command of both the English language and the software. They are answering questions by reading a script that often does not make any sense. To be connected to a technician located in the US, which are all very professional and knowledgeable, it is almost impossible. As i am typing this review, i have been on hold for 40 minutes and counting.

Pros

Product is complex and relatively easy to use, but each update makes it less dependable. Each new update adds features that are practically useless and make the whole thing more cumbersome to use.

Cons

Customer service and technical support.

NA

Esmeralda from Parkway Dental

Software

Overall I find it easy to use. It's the main system I have used and have found it easier to use than other.

Pros

We have used Dentrix in our office for years. We are currently on G6. Whenever I have an issue or need help I call the Dentrix support and get assistance fast.

Cons

I do wish I could switch when printing a walkout with dental codes. Patients say they don't need an itemized printout when they use their FSA/HSA cards then they call a few days, weeks or months later staying they need more information. I print out a patient ledger or walkout from the date of payment and the codes can't not be found. It is both frustrating and us and the Patient. Since most of the time their card has been placed on hold.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix

what I was familiar with the most and trained on.

Katrina from Inspired Dental

Dentrix is a practice must!

Excellent!!! I love how even after using the software for many years there is always another trick or use to be found! Every possible function is in the system. It gives a comprehensive look at the patient's dental needs.

Pros

Dentrix is user friendly and thorough for all practice needs. The multiple modules and functions allow for a full look at the patients information. They are always updating and improving the function of the modules.

Cons

Costly for annual maintenance. The hold time for customer service is sometimes lengthy. Some level 1 tier technicians are not as informed with the product as the higher level techs.

Samantha from Apple Family Dental Care

I use Denrix every day at work and I really enjoy it.

Pros

I really enjoy that there is so many different areas to explore. If you have any questions customer service is always willing to remote in and help and there are also training videos to watch to help.

Cons

A few things that can some times become a headache is when say a child parents are separated and they have insurance with both parents you have to add them on the same account instead of keeping every one as an individual like Eaglesoft has it. Another little con I have is that it is kind of hard to email a patient there ledger, if they request. There is a lot of steps.

Binh from Binh Dang, DMD, Inc

Used everyday in our practice for patient management software

Overall very please and have been using Dentrix for awhile now.

Pros

Ease of use. Keeps our records all electronic. Pt scheduling is a breeze. Highly recommend this software.

Cons

Can be slow at times with our servers. Outdated interface. Can be updated to look a little more modern.

stan from markiewicz

dentrix

the greatest benefit with Dentrix is analyzing financial information to see where I can reduce overhead and imp;rove overall productivity.

Pros

The company wants inputs from current users to improve their net product. Patient education is a great benefit as well as analysis of financial information.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little difficult to integrate all aspects into one system and streamline them for efficient production

Josh from Atlanta Dental Center

20+ year user of this software

Pros

This software is the original. We actually started with this software back in the terminal days before windows networks were popular. Over the years, I can say that this software has it all. They have more functionality than any other software I have ever seen. I have made my dental office more and more efficient simply by learning how to use the software and its different parts. PLUS, they have an online forum where you can make suggestions and vote on others' suggestions. Then they take the suggestions with the highest number of votes, and they build that functionality into the software. So it is a software that has been built on the backs of its users.

Cons

There is not a lot of things that I would say are bad with the software. One thing is that there is SO much functionality that it can be overwhelming. They also could have better "online" services that they call Eservices (text messages for patient reminders, etc.). Other than this, it is just vital to really get trained over and over again on the software as that is the key to its success.

Dental software beyond compare.

This was the first time I had worked in an office with Dentrix software and learning it was something I knew I was going to have to do eventually. It took a solid week of me focusing on learning each function of the software and implementing it into my daily routine for me to feel comfortable using it without guidance from coworkers.

Pros

What was there not to like about this software? I was fresh out of dental assistant school when I went to work for my first job out of school and I was nervous that I wouldn’t learn this software fast enough in the field. That fear went out the door once I got to using it and saw that the layout made things pretty self explanatory and how easily everything flowed together. This software gives you the ability to manage all functions of running a dental office under one roof, instead of operating several different programs.

Cons

The only thing I could do with being changed with this software would be the patient charting portion. For some reason, it was always a hassle when it came to entering the patient’s chart notes the Doctor had written during each procedure. It just felt like this section never operated as smoothly as the rest of the program did.

The most user friendly dental software

I've used Dentrix more than any other system over the years. It's very easy to jump in and use. There are a few improvements that can be made to Dentrix to make it the optimal software system. This would be nice to see!

Pros

Dentrix is extremely user friendly and the most common dental software found in dental offices. The charting and notes are easy to use, along with the quick notes for standard notes that are repeated with procedures along with hot buttons for easy charting. The treatment planning is efficient in the charting with outlining priority. Scheduling is easy to use, clear and customizable for display. The drop box on the right to move appointments is handy and everyone can share the same drop box, even if you are logged in under different users.

Cons

There are too many windows that need to be opened, charting, xrays, documents center, patient information, schedule. Documents would be better served with the patient information to limit all of the windows you need open. When an electronic submission is sent to the insurance, a digital copy is not kept in Dentrix. This is very hard to work with as you need to scan in documents continuously and you can see the previous record of what was covered at the last visit. You can't send emails with an option of encrypting the documents with a password - for privacy legislation this would be amazing!

Kerri from Christopher M. Mule DDS, Inc

Full Service

I really do like this program. The support has been fantastic and the developers LISTEN!

Pros

It handles almost everything we need to do in the office in one central management program.

Cons

The statements and ledgers are often confusing to our patients. I find myself having to put together spreadsheets to explain things. I also am disappointed that we can no longer change who a payment is applied to after we have closed the month. People make mistakes and once the month is closed you cannot fix patient balances without having to make a bunch of adjustments that are confusing to patients.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix

We inherited Dentrix version 11. We stayed with this version because it was what we knew. After coming to BDC 2017 we realized how much more the program could do for us and we upgraded to G6. I did consider maybe checking out Eaglesoft, but liked everything Dentrix could do.

Matt from Otego Family Dental Pc

Command center of our practice, has made our lives exponentially easier!

This functions as our command center for the office, it streamlines documentation, scheduling, collecting payment, confirming appointments, running reports, ect, There is not much that this program does not seem to be able to do.

Pros

The ease of scheduling, blocking in the schedule, access to patient records, the plethora of informative reports, the easy to use and fairly intuitive layout, customization, The ability to add and edit templates in chart module. I honestly could not imagine running the office without this program. I have had several employees say that they prefer Dentrix over any other practice management software they have used.

Cons

Sometimes the modules can lag (could be our system as well, but I have a feeling it is the program for the most part), the lack of quick update releases, the lack of adopting and implementing features that have been being asked, recommended, or outright begged for on the Dentrix My voice.

Jane from Kurt I Nishiguchi DDS

Comprehensive dental software that is easy to use

Pros

Encompasses everything needed to provide excellent dental care for patients. Although very good software to begin with, company is open to suggestions from users and will incorporate most popular suggestions in updates. Have been using for over 30 years.

Cons

Overall happy with software. Perhaps one con would be in regards to add-on features. For example, there is a credit card processing add-on that works along side Dentrix. A great feature that integrates with software but, at the time when we were using this feature, there was no choice in credit card processing company. In order to use it, all offices had to go with the same processor, regardless of the discount rates, etc. We were able to get a better rate with comparable service elsewhere, however, it doesn't integrate with the software. Not directly related to the base software program which is wonderful.

Kenneth from Clairmont Dental Care

The best software for the most sophisticated practices

Very good. I have had a wonderful experience since 1993 with this program. I install this on all the offices that I work with. You will need training and consulting to get the best of this software, but they have that too.

Pros

Dentrix has been in this game since the beginning. They are the first Windows based dental office program. Well that's history now. Today they are more advanced and more adept at managing patient details and practice information than any other program. If your staff struggles with this program or if you the doctor have issues, then get training. HSPS offers this too. I won't use anything else. Yes. It has fees and costs. But you get what you pay for.

Cons

It requires good computers. It requires trained staff. Then with this accomplished your whole office performs much, much better. There's no way to justify a simpler program with less trained people. Why?

Sohrab from Mill Valley Dental

Amazing software

It runs my practice, and does everything from the daily schedule, to the patient chart, to the ledger, to the employee time clock.

Pros

It literally does everything you need to run a small dental practice.

Cons

It is on the expensive side. It really should be given to Schein customers.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix

Had used it at a previous office.

Orlando from Dale A Newman DDS SC

One great software to use!

Dentrix costumer service is rally good and they are good with helping you answer the concerns or questions you have. Its a great software when its compare with many software I've used in the past and I wouldn't go back to the other ones. I always recommend Dentrix to any new dentist or dental offices cause I have a great experience with it, we just need to modify it to make it better for us clinicians.

Pros

This software is very compatible with most computer programs, has great tools to work with and is backup by great costumer service.

Cons

They are many separate windows for every single component, due to its many tools and versatility is a little hard to navigate and find certain tools or complicated on how to use them. Needs to be a little more simplify or have a content window with links that leads to what you are looking for like finances, patient images, charting, etc.

Aurora from Northside Dental

Powerful, but not the most user friendly

Custom Reports, Communication/Integration from Dentrix to other platforms like Solution Reach for appointment reminders and continuing care.

Pros

There are so many features to use in dentrix that can really benefit a company. From custom reports to ease of scheudling and a help center. Customer service is always good and helpful, although, not always fixing the whole problem that we may have. However, they are always polite and ready to help.

Cons

Because there are so many features, we maybe know how to use a fraction of them. We have never really had any training on it and it can be costly to sign up for classes that really only cover the basics. I really want to learn! There is no in depth training and each time I have an issue I feel like only parts of the problme get fixed until I call like 3 times.

Marilena from UCI Student Health Dental Clinic

Dentrix Software

Pros

It is a comprehensive software, build on the daily needs of a dental practice.

Cons

We are not able to tailorit to our own specific needs; we have to wait for an upgrade and cross our finger that one of our suggestions were selected to be part of the upgrade.

Diane from Krause Comprehensive Dental Care

Efficiency Keeps Everyone Smiling

We've been Dentrix users for more than 20 years and have been continually impressed by the level of performance and continued growth of this product. Honestly, we cannot imagine operating without it.

Pros

The level of efficiency which Dentrix brings to the table helps to keep our office continually humming. With multiple integrated modules, information is always readily available, and the documentation process is a breeze. Employing Dentrix essentially affords us an extra "virtual staff member!"

Cons

On occasion, software updates introduce an underlying issue which results in less than satisfactory software performance, which, in turn, would lead to time consuming sessions with tech support. I would say, however, that this falls under exception, rather than the rule.

Ashley from Wavel L Wells, DDS Inc

dentrix review

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to train no employees on.

Cons

If i have a large/difficult issue, it can be difficult to get transferred to the right person in customer support to get the help i need.

Technical issues

Laura from Minnesota State University, Mankato Dental Clinic

7+ Year Dentrix User

Overall it's a great product. In talking with other offices that don't use Dentrix, I feel that we have the better product.

Pros

I have only used Dentrix in my office, it was in place when I started. It was a lot to learn, but once I got in to and took some training, it all fell in to place and was easy to maneuver between the appointment book, office manager and ledger, etc.

Cons

There is a lot to Dentrix and I'm probably not even scratching the surface on all that it has available. However, some things are not included and then you have an extra fee to add that on. When we are on a limited budget we have to pick and choose the things that will add the most value for our office.

Amy from Dr. Michael Pugh

Dentrix for the Dental office

Needs a lot of work to make it THE software for dental offices. They really need to consult with the staff using the software and make changes and upgrades.

Pros

Scheduling appointments and adding new patients could not be easier.

Cons

I hate the ledger. When posting claim payments you can post any amount, it should never let you do adjustments and payments more than the total amount charged but it does. You can not post a negative payment when insurance companies do a pull back. There is no effective or cancellation date for insurance companies. You can only enter two insurance plans. No way for the admin to delete items after month is closed.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix

At the time it seemed like the best option!

Cindy from Lake Highlands Dental

Best Software Ever!

From AR, Recall, Production and the Practice as a whole we can get anything we need from the software in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Dentrix is a huge time saver and allows us to treat the most important thing in the dental office, The Patient! We are able to stay on top of the latest technology and when I tell others who are not users, they are very envious. Reports and analytics.

Cons

The monthly price but you do get a lot for your money.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix

They are a Henry Schien product which we trusted and they are far above in the technology aspect.

Reasons for Switching to Dentrix

We were unable to become paperless and had a rough time with reporting and patient information.

ALicia from Rix PEdiatric Dentistry

Great program

Excellent. I have used it for over 20 years.

Pros

Easy to use Has capabilities to do basically anything you need

Cons

Difficulty with x-ray image integration.

Better functions

Mati from Health,wellness and fitness

Best Dental Software

Pros

Dentrix is so versatile! Love that there are so many different forms and versions that you can choose what best suits your office. The G series is exceptional, and in my opinion the best. It is quick, efficient, and user friendly. Every person uses it a little bit differently, and there is no wrong way. I always recommend dentrix when anyone is looking for new dental software.

Cons

Sometimes it's frustrating that everyone needs to be out of the system for certain updates to occur - it requires either shutting the office down or requiring some employees to stay after hours to update or close certain aspects.

Ethan from A.C.D

Decent program for a dental office

Dentrix is a good program when it works and it works most of the time. Often though, there are at least one or two bugs that always come up after updates.

Pros

I like that dentrix integrates itself with other programs like Dexis and Yapi to make office needs more smooth in transition. I also like that dentrix's chart allows ease of tooth numbering, charting and treatment planning.

Cons

Whenever dentrix has an update, there always seems to be something that goes wrong. Currently, we are dealing with issues of not being able to mass invalidate on teeth conditions and the dentrix rep stated the only thing I can do at this time is wait for a new update.

Kristina from Image Aesthetic Dentistry

One of the most efficient dental programs I've ever worked with

When we have patients waiting to get information from us, we want to make sure that we can give it fast and accurately. I loved that I was able to access most of the tabs/features that I frequently used from any given screen. It saved time and allowed me to give correct information to my patients. Billing and posting payments was a breeze. One of my favorite things was being able to post payment to specific procedures and resubmitting a claim for the unpaid treatment in the same transaction. This was helpful and I didn't have to worry about adding anything to my "to do list". Very efficient.

Pros

You can access almost every feature that is most commonly used from one screen

Cons

I used Dentrix or several years and didn't have any cons.

John from Healthy Smile Center PC

Support with an attitude, and a big bill

Good software when is running. Difficult to deal with technical issues. And very expensive. Not worth the price!

Pros

I like how Dentrix integrates all clinical aspects of the practice under one program

Cons

It is very expensive. Great marketing will have you believe you are buying the Cadillac of dental software. You must sign-up and pay monthly for technical support. They provide frequent updates, which never install smoothly. You are forced to call customer support. And they will talk to you with an attitude. Plan to spend a long time on-hold. And then a long time installing those updates. Very frustrating!

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix

We were buying dental supplies from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Thought it would be a good idea to get the software through them too. Keep it all together. Not necessarily true. Dentrix and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] act like two completely separate companies. No reason to stick to Dentrix if you already buy your supplies from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Janessa from Michael Dinius, DDS

Dentrix Review

Pros

This system has all info in central location

Cons

Ability to see chart notes all together.

Reasons for Switching to Dentrix

No more updates offered by DSN

Popular Dental Software

It helps to track your production for the day, week, month. Good for scheduling patients.

Pros

Dentrix seems to cover the basics of dental practice management. It allows you to schedule, post payments, track production, etc. Many other offices use it so that makes it easy when trying to train someone on the program. Also if you're requesting x-rays from another office that uses Dentrix , it''s an easy interface .

Cons

It is not as user -friendly as some dental practice management programs are. Not as intuitive as Eaglesoft.

Orlando from DALE A NEWMAN DDS SC

My experience with Dentrix has being a mixed feelings since is a great software.

Dental charting is easy, financing and keeping track of your patients.

Pros

It has many different components from Rx transcripts to regular dental charting. It has also insurance information that allows you to track and see the benefits remaining on their balance etc. Also the dental charting is easy and can be customize to serve your office better.

Cons

The only problem is since there is many components there is no specific easy way to navigate. There is so many different windows and makes the patient charting hard to navigate or quickly find anything necessary.

Sherry from Regiani Holistic Dental Center

Everything in one place!

We've been on Dentrix since 1995. So happy to see many of our requests come into fruition.

Pros

User friendly, Easy to navigate from one module to another - plus more than one person can be in a patient's file at a time. IE: the doctor can review x-rays and treatment plan while a business member reviews finances.

Cons

The Ledger - sure wish it would post insurance payments with DOS.

Reasons for Switching to Dentrix

"Unapplied credits" - you can't keep money that isn't yours. Also, DOMS had a single sing on. Not secure, even back then.

Kaitlin from Lane and Associates

Looking forward to more digital features

The support staff is amazing and I'm looking forward to future digital improvements.

Pros

I like that the software has the capability of online paperwork which cuts down on office phone time. It also allows patients to see their entire treatment plan at once.

Cons

Email marketing capabilities. No photos or html in the current Dentrix system. Also no way for patients to unsubscribe from emails -- which they complain about a lot.

Corporate decision.

kristi from hudson valley periodontics

I love dentrix

I use dentrix for my dental practice. It is the only software that i have been using for 10 years. They are constantly updating the software to better your practice.

Pros

This software is so user friendly it makes days at work so much easier. I can use dentrix blind folded thats how easy it is to use. I love all the icons and buttons. You can truly accomplish anything with this software. The reports are great too.

Cons

I don't like the fact that dentrix does not have an area for specialty dentist such as perio. I have no where to log my bone grafts or implants.

Jillian from discovery childrens dentistry

Dentrix is the gold standard

Pros

It's easy to navigate, there are so many things that Dentrix can do for your practice that alot of people dont know about. Utilize their training and resource center. If you can learn this software transitioning into any other dental mgmt software will be cake. With the dentrix you have the ability to be completely paperless with ease.

Cons

honestly nothing, I guess if I were to try to come up with something it would be that after you run an update there are always glitches, but they are minor and dentrix fixes them extremely quickly

Daniela from Brush dental

Best dental software out there!

Overall, dentrix is a great software to keep track of your schedule, money, goals and patients information!

Pros

What I like the most about dentrix is how user friendly it actually is, all buttons have images that show what page youre about to open whether it’s a chart, perio, tx plan etc making it easy to navigate. And the customer service/ tech support is top notch!

Cons

It could get a little confusing when it comes to reading patient ledgers and transferring credits (money) from one provider to the other.

Sarah from Smile Xpressions

Awesome program!

My day just goes really smooth when I have a dependable program I can depend on day in and day out.

Pros

Very easy to use! I use this program on a daily basis and don't have very many problems. If there is a problem techs get right on it. Dentrix conferences can definitely help you get the training you need as well.

Cons

Occasionally the program will run slow. But we just reboot our system and that usually fixes the problem. I had other concerns however after a weekend of training at a Dentrix conference most my areas of concern were addressed.

Tyler from dmi Networking

Dentrix is a popular and strong choice for dental practice management software.

Dentrix is a powerful practice management software for dental practices, and is supportive and supported by most 3rd party manufacturers for sensors, cameras, and scanners. It is easily scale-able for the size of your office, allowing you to quickly carry over customization options to other workstations.

Pros

Dentrix's menu system will feel familiar to most users, as it has a very XP/Win7 feel to the theme and layout. Their customer support is very good, and often resolve any issues within one support session. The management windows are highly customization, both in what information is shown and where it is located, and you can share the setting file to other workstations.

Cons

It does look a tad outdated, which isn't to say the software isn't powerful. Additionally it can be overwhelming for new users due to how many buttons and sub-sections windows can be divided up into. When having to contact Dentrix's support there is often a short wait, which in addition to taking time raises concerns about how staffed are they, or are there just a lot of people with issues?

Stuart from Prewitt Dental

Easy to use System - Be prepared for extra cost for additional functionality

Overall, it has been a good system for us. We have had issues, however, support has walked us through it. I recommend having an IT person help with implementation...i set it all up on my own and it worked because i know tech, but it was not a fun experience.

Pros

Easy to use, staff picked it up quickly, Works well with other software(once a bridge is purchased), Good support group/customer service.

Cons

They nickel and dime you for new added features, If you want to link to any other hardware/software you need to purchase a bridge or link.

Chris from Christopher M Mule DDS Inc

dentrix review

Cleaning up our patient database, communication with patients through text messaging, ease of billing, and the comprehensive nature of treatment planning.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of the program from patient services and communication to billing, appointment scheduling, treatment planning, patient reviews, and even training

Cons

There are always upgrades to the software which take time to learn and implement-- but this is simply true with any software as they try to improve

Wonderful, our office has used Dentrix for the last 16 years and we are more than pleased.

There are too many to list!!

Pros

It is truly amazing how quickly you can take someone with little to no dental knowledge and just by training them on some of the ways Dentrix is used they can start to handle dental scheduling, billing and insurance claims.

Cons

Having to shut other workstations down for updates. Honestly this is seriously the only thing I can come up with and I think they are working on making updates automated in the evening hours so even that won't be a problem soon.

Sheryl from Good Neighbor Dental

Dentrix Covers It All

I have used Dentrix software in several different offices over the past 20 years. It definitely covers everything a dental office needs.

Pros

Dentrix understands the typical dental office and covers the needs adequately.

Cons

It is expensive. It is difficult to use in a very large practice. We have 10 hygienists. There are restraints with customizing and reporting with that many practitioners. Customer service is average. I have experienced far superior customer service, so when I went back to Dentrix, it was very noticeably.

LOVE!

Wonderful! Been a long time user and even looking at their cloud based program.

Pros

I absolutely love Dentrix. Their customer service is top notch! Someone is always available to help. Their user conference is also fantastic and love learning and connecting with more users. I highly recommend going!

Cons

Updates can tend to be slow release. It is also difficult when responses to issues that we are having are 'working as designed.' Would like easier time making custom reports.

Tracy from Dental Group West

unused potential

Good experience, just feel there is much more that we could utilize and still are learning.

Pros

ease of use, abilities to run and utilize reports, ease of gathering information.

Cons

many steps to accomplish a task, but it does walk you through it. Also, would love to see the ability to highlight or place text in a different color in the clinical notes function so that certain items are easily found from previous appts and to draw your eye to certain issues.

capabilities

Jason from Independent

From an IT perpective

Overall, again from an IT perspective, my observation are that its probably the best overall package for any practice to use, and easy to work with for IT Admins, and techs, Hardware integration is solid, Imaging software integration is solid, and support is always there. From what ive been told by Office staff, its got everything an office will need to get things done.

Pros

As far as advising clients on an overall PM software package to use, this is one of the best, with fairly decent customer support and ease of administration from a Staff and IT perspective. it also fulfils just about every need for almost any kind of Dental practice, with the exception of Endodontics.

Cons

Being that its a rather large software package with a database component, there are going to be issues. Especially with Windows 10 (but then again, its Windows 10) So it does have its fair share of bugs.

Easy to Navigate

Overall dentrix met all expectations and standards for a dental office

Pros

I liked how easy it was to navigate through the different features of this software. ie: going from charting to X-ray images. I also liked how it was easy to learn because I used a different software at my other office. Within a couple days I was getting the hang of it.

Cons

Took a bit long to load after you close the program. It is better to have a fast computer/server

Christy from Dr Brete Moran

Just upgraded to G.4 --- quality went down drastically

Pros

Many wonderful things have been added and extremely useful. Like that all staff can access journal, clinical notes, etc to be sure patients get the best in care.

Cons

TOO MANY GLITCHES! Since upgrading 1st of April have spent average of 5 hours / day on with techs to try & resolve a multitude of issues.. June 28 we upgraded to highest G6 available & have less issues, but still on w/techs at least a couple hours a day a couple days per week.