• Pros

• "The program is easy to navigate and my support rep. is very helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very patient with me and offers recommendations about options that I may not be aware of. "

• "Easy to work. "

• "It is very easy to use. You can find what you need on the main page."

• Cons

• "The software works great i just wish they could add even further integration with our practice management software so we don't have to use a separate website to reply to patients"

• "I wish the online scheduling feature would hold the spot on the schedule even if you don't have the patient in yet."

• "Sometimes send wrong messages "

Browse Patient Communicator Reviews

LINDA from DYNAMIC DENTAL SERVICES

Best Communication for office and patients

My experience with Patient Communicator has been awesome. Never a bad experience. Love it

Pros

I love the ability to send and receive text.

Cons

What I like least is the ability to only see 2 messages at a time on the mobile app

Reasons for Choosing Patient Communicator

Ease of use, text abilities,price, and the explanation from the rep.

Robert from Robert M Hersh DMD

Patient Communicator has taken a huge load off my shoulders

I don't know how I would have been able to communicate with all my patients during Covid-19 without Patient Communicator.

Pros

1) It is packed with useful features (e-mail, text, recalls, scheduling appointments to name a few) 2) The dashboard makes it very easy to use and to access. 3) It has a huge number of beautiful e-mail templates, and they are all customizable. 4) It interfaces with my practice management system (Open Dental) seamlessly 5) Customer support is excellent. 6) Patients can go online and schedule their own appointments without tying up a staff member. 7) Patients love it, especially the computer savvy ones. 8) All messages are stored on their servers, and the program is web-based, so you can access it from anywhere. You don't have to be in your office to retrieve messages. 9) All communication history is saved and easy to access. 10) You can send the same message to multiple patients at the same time. 11) Easy to see unconfirmed appointments at a glance. I could go on, but in summary, I like everything about.

Cons

There aren't any features I don't like. One new feature that might be nice would be integration with voice calls.

Reasons for Choosing Patient Communicator

Didn't consider any other programs when I first signed up with Patient Communicator 4-½ yrs ago. Didn't have to. It covered everything I needed.

Response from Patient Communicator

Replied July 2020

Dr. Hersh, thank you so much for your incredibly detailed and overwhelmingly positive review! We're so happy and proud that we have and are still achieving our company's goal with your practice - to make the staff's lives easier, and to offer patients a superior experience. Thank you!

Trina from Burlington Family Eyecare

Optional Review

Satisfied. My support person, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is always quick to respond with any issues I may reach out for help with!

Pros

Ease of literally communicating back and forth with patients

Cons

How to set up a template from scratch for emails

Response from Patient Communicator

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your excellent feedback Trina. We are indeed working on making our email template functionality more user friendly, scheduled for release at the end of 2020. We'll be sure to inform you when it is ready to be launched!

Katie from Queen Anne Eye Clinic

Customer for life

Our online scheduling has made it so much easier for staff to focus on the patients that are in the office, rather than spending a few minutes per patient scheduling over the phone. During covid, the fact that our patients can text us that they've arrived cuts down on unnecessary phone time as well! The automated reminders and eyewear ready notices allow us to function with a much larger patient base than we could handle otherwise. Very grateful to have this technology at our fingertips!

Pros

The customization across all platforms has been wonderful. Whenever we've encountered a "I wish this software could do x," we either find that it's already an option, or the developers make it happen for us!

Cons

I do wish that we could text our patients using our office phone number, although that hasn't created any issues for our patients or staff thus far!

Denise from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Easy to Use and A Time Saver

Pros

The software is easy to use as I have limited understanding of technology. It also makes confirming patients fast and simple as usually at least half of our patients confirm through this software. We also use this to contact patients that don't respond to phone calls, using this software to text and email them.

Cons

The only problem I have ever had is the limit of characters on a text message, simply typing out the name of our office uses up a large portion of the limit. This makes our text messages sound a bit pointed sometimes as the messages must be short and concise, which you may be able to tell from this review, I am not.

jacob from fortuna optometry

Saves us time we can spend with patients

we never realized how much time is spent calling patients and waiting to leave messages, its great being able to utilize that time for patient care instead.

Pros

Our favorite part of the software is the ability to take work load off of our staff and have a robot do it for us!

Reasons for Choosing Patient Communicator

Patient communicator offered to let us do a month to month contract and didn't force us to lock into a product for a year when we were unsure about how useful it would be to the office.

lucy from dr peter mcgowan dds inc

Great way to communicate with patients.

We have had great experience with them. Always very helpful when we need help.

Pros

Like the easy way to get confirmations of patients as well as email and talk directly to them.. Also like being able to get messages to all patients.

Cons

Only one thing that we would like if we could leave messages for patients to take premed before appointments . And Identify our office on calls patients don't like that it comes from a number with no name.

Reasons for Choosing Patient Communicator

Better communication with the sales staff. And personal approach for patients.

Stephanie from Jay M. Epstein DMD

Thrilled with Patient Communicator!

Contact patients easily and quickly. System works great. Absolutely no complaints.

Pros

Fabulous customer service. Glad that you now have coverage on Fridays and on Jewish holidays. Wish Pt. Communicator had the ability to send out review requests easily.

Cons

Template emails tend to be tacky. Graphic design sometimes not on target and tends to have misspellings but not really a problem as we do not do much with emails.

Reasons for Choosing Patient Communicator

Integrates with Dentech, our dental software provider

Judith from Smile Builders

Great Communicator

Pros

We seem to make less phone calls to confirm appointments. Most get confirmed through the software

Cons

The limitation of the number of characters able to type in a text message

Liz from Total Dental Care of Middle Island

User friendly program

I am very happy with all aspects of Patient Communicator and would highly recommend the program.

Pros

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Hannah from Professional eyecare center

Patient communicator review

Pros

It’s nice how customizable the options are. Customer service is always knowledgeable and can solve most problems quickly. The program itself rarely has bugs.

Cons

While most features are easy enough to use, others seem near impossible without the help of customer service. Things could be more user friendly. It can also be very frustrating when a patient wants to opt out of messages and it can’t be completed within practice director by unchecking the allow sms button.

Response from Patient Communicator

Replied July 2020

Thank you Hannah for your review and for your very valuable feedback. You really hit the nail on the head - our focus has always been to make sure we provide a robust and reliable communications solution and to back it up with the best customer service. Because of feedback like yours, we've recently placed an extra focus on making sure the system is also user friendly. You will soon see the results in our upcoming releases!

Alicia from Zionsville Eyecare

Large Optometry Practice

Overall, we appreciate how quickly it updates with our Practice Management System and how quickly customer service responds to our requests.

Pros

We love that his program ties directly to our scheduling system and updates immediately by writing directly to our EHR system.

Cons

The navigation is not real intuitive and the texting functionality seems limited as we are not able to attach photos.

Response from Patient Communicator

Replied July 2020

We're happy that you appreciate the customer support and real-time integration that enables almost instant writeback. We're currently working on developing our MMS messaging that will soon enable you to attach images to your messages.

Lara from Bonsett-Veal Vision Source

Good but could be improved

When we work directly with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], things are great since he is quick to respond with a way to assist, however the call center and other employees have made it difficult to get a response in a timely manner.

Pros

Ability to text patients and send different links for forms

Cons

Inability to text greater than 140 characters and how the program isn't formatted for us to use on a mobile device to answer patient questions.

Lauren from Brighton Alternative Health Care Solutions

Great Texting Software

Pros

I love the ability to text patients, and have it documented what we tell them. It has dramatically decrease our no-show rate. Our patients know that they can text into us at any time and we can get back to them.

Cons

I wish it was easier to print communication history from a patient.

Julie from Leesburg Eye Center

Good overall program with Excellent Customer Service

Pros

The system is very easy to use with good customization. I like that I can easily access it from home or office. It also integrated well with our EMR. Patients expect to have access 24/7 and this can provide automated responses and immediate access to appointment times available.

Cons

It took me a little time to find all the options for customizing. However, the customer service is excellent and they set up everything for us.

Sherri from Carmel Eyecare / Indiana Commu

PC

Pros

I like the online scheduling feature also the notifications to patients regarding reminders and pickup for a product.

Harlan from Dr. McCormack OD

Great product that saves time and money

Increase retention, better capture of Google reviews and less no shows.

Pros

Enables my staff to complete charts instead of wasting time on the phone

Cons

Some aspects of the importing new patients can be awkward

Jason from Sauk Centre Family Dental

Great product

I have used Patient Communicator a little. Every time I have needed to call with a question, they have been very helpful.

Pros

It is very easy to use. You can find what you need on the main page.

Cons

I haven't used it enough to have something I don't like

Mary from Sauk Centre Familt Dental

This is very easy o use and convienent

Very happy with Patient Communicator

Pros

The home page is very easy to understand. If I do have a question, it is very easy to get in touch with someone to walk me through something.

Cons

So far I have not wanted to change anything

Marie from Teeth For Life

Very helpful especially for only having 1 front desk person

Pros

I like the ease of the program and can set it basically on auto pilot and not worry about the system not doing its job. It has freed up time for me to work on other projects. The templates are wonderful and enough to choose from that fits our dental office needs. It is also nice that there is way to communicate with our patients even after hours. Are patients love the text feature since we all know how much easier it is to text while you are at your job then trying to answer a phone call.

Kristin from Opticare Vision Center

Great system and easy to use

Pros

Our patients really appreciate the ease and quick responses from us. The systems is very user friendly.

Cons

My staff seems to like the system and I have not had complaints.

Navin from gentle dental of clark

Useful Tool

So far a good experience and very useful

Pros

Easy to work.

Cons

Sometimes send wrong messages

Liz from TMJ Sleep Center

Patient Communicator

Pros

This software is so helpful , we really like it . It has a lot of features that are very valuable

Cons

It would be nice to be able to send longer text messages

Rhonda from Studio Optics

It was worth using

Pros

The ability to reach out to all patients with a blast email

Cons

Some patients did not like all the communications

Josiah from Opticare Vision Center

Great product and service

Absolutely great experience from the software setup to the daily implementation. Easy to work with and great support staff.

Pros

The daily use is simple and integrates well with EHR.

Cons

There are so many features that it can be complicated to change something quickly.

Reasons for Choosing Patient Communicator

Price and integration with my EHR

Dana from Merion family dentistry

Excellent

Very good experience and I highly recommend their services.

Pros

It is Very easy to use and set up is seamless. Great support staff.

Cons

The phone- app For mobile access is not so developed.

Mindy from Dearborn Family Dentistry

March 2016

I like Patient Communicator!

Pros

I like that we don't have to make as many calls to patients, they can now get texts and emails instead. I also like the fact that we can send birthday texts and emails, patients really seem to like that. Sending out the pre-med and post-op information is also great!

Cons

I will let you know once I have time to really get into this... busy office don't have time to play around... lol

November 2015

Cheryl from Salavatore S Aragona DDS PC

November 2015

New to Practice

Being new to the practice i have had numerous questions about the system. they have always helped in a kind and pleasant manner. If they don't know the answer to a question they then find out and get back to me. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Fran from Nutley Eye Care

Easy to Use and Customize

easy to use easy to make changes to email and text templates appreciate the ability to text back patients if needed many new helpful features have been added since we started using the software company open to suggestions and feedback

Angie from Jonna L Schmidt MD PC

My review

We are able to satisfy our CPC+ and PCMH requirements, and communicate with our patients while they wait in our waiting room

Pros

I do really like the ease of the portal. The new portal took a little bit to get used to, but it was fairly easy to figure out.

Cons

I do not like at all that the company keeps adding slides to our program, especially the over abundance of covid slides. Our patients are bombarded enough with Covid without having to see every slide be about Covid.

Response from Patient Communicator

Replied July 2020

Thank you Angie for your valuable feedback! Sorry that you're being inundated with Covid slides - don't worry, once Covid is behind us, we'll remove them all!

Jill from Richard D. Gruntz, DDS, PC

February 2016

Great software, all postive reviews from patients.

Easy to use Does everything our practice needs and more Support/customer service is outstanding Wish we had this sooner

DENISE from DR. T. PATHAK, DDS

Patient Communicator

Ben, our trainer was fantastic!