All Miro Reviews

Jonathan

Design, 10,001+ employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Fantasic tool for brainstorms and digital whiteboards

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Miro is the dream product for remote teams!

I love Miro, it’s helped me organize my own thoughts and ideas, and collaborate with people in any location and at any time (or asynchronously). It’s just Ana amazing repository, and a really flexible tool that provides all sorts of solutions.

PROS

Miro is the digital whiteboard I spent 20 years to see, and it’s almost as awesome as I always hoped. Being able to quickly and easily collect all sorts of materials, designs, references, links, diagrams, etc, and have a permanent, shareable repository is HUGE for teams.

CONS

I understand pricing st a basic level, where it’s basically just myself and a few reviewers, but I don’t understand how to scale it where large numbers of people are creating within it, and it seems like that would get expensive quickly.

Reasons for switching to Miro

I had actually used Miro before, then tried FigJam because it’s “free” (if you’re already using Figma), but it’s not nearly as full-featured - though it IS mostly “good enough,” and it’s going to keep improving… Miro should not get complacent.

Jessica

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Miro Collaboration helps our team build product roadmaps

Our team is able to create better user flows and roadmaps as a result of the collaborative features made available by Miro. Facilitates communication between product concept and actual use. It's easy to get started with Miro because it comes with a pre-made template.

PROS

This program has a high degree of natural user interface design. It has not been necessary for me to make use of any native tutorials (which are, of course, fantastic) in order to create excellent diagrams. Facilitates the visualization of technological processes with the purpose of pinpointing areas of difficulty, complexity, and risk.

CONS

The only drawback is that it takes an extra click every time I want to write the name on a whiteboard. A pop-up window appears whenever I try to give a board a name.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro's robust feature set makes it simpler to work together with others and enhance our current workflow. Miro is a great tool for producing interactive product road maps, wireframes, and workflows.

Osmond

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Your Go-To Solution for Visual Collaboration

PROS

I appreciate that Miro allows us to collaborate in real time on a single virtual whiteboard.

CONS

It takes some time to become accustomed to the platform.

Ryan

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Miro was fine but it didn't seem to work the way I expected it to

In preparation for a conference, my company sponsored a bunch of innovation groups across the organization and we used Miro since we were from remote teams across the world. For that, it worked well to use the sticky notes and other collaboration features in place of a whiteboard. However, as mentioned above, the product was not intuitive and we were not provided training. With more training, I am sure it could have been an excellent product.

PROS

I like that there are a lot of different features that can be used by a variety of people to collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously, and everyone can use it in their own way

CONS

I didn't find the software intuitive to use. I kept wanting to click in a certain way or drag in a certain way, and it just didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do

Reasons for switching to Miro

This is the software provided for a specific think-tank project

Boryana

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Very intuitive, plenty of templates, not just for designers

PROS

More intuitive navigation than other tools. The free version has 3 endless canvases that one can use for as long as they need. There are many great templates. You don't need to be a designer to create esthetic and engagng workshops. The way I have use it has been exactly this - to run brainstorming and feedback sessions and Miro feels like it was designed for exactly this purpose.

CONS

Have not yet found any cons. Nothing to add here.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro was easier to navigate. While Invision is also categorised as collaboration tool, it seemed to be more useful / intutive to designers who have been using this kind of tools even before COVID when we started doing workshops online.

Soon Kit

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2024

A price friendly workflow management tool

PROS

Very price friendly, good for most users to start using before considering other software

CONS

Some features still in development. but key features are working well in MIRO

Aamir

Reviewed January 2024

Miro Life saver

Overall its too good and most helpful tool to build the milestones

PROS

Its easy to explain to whole team and managers

CONS

Sometimes it takes time to load the whole information if we are on screen sharing.

Vinay

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Best Whiteboard Tool

PROS

Miro is one of the best tools in the market. It's user experience is super cool and it offer lot of amazing features that help me and my team. It has full featured whiteboard. We use it create mind maps , project workflows and other things to boost our revenue and growth.

CONS

Everything is great in miro but it offers only 3 boards on free plan which is little bit upsetting for me. It's free tier is solid but they need to increase the number of boards.

Patrick

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Would recommend

PROS

Easy to visualise complicated workflows and ideas

CONS

Within the notes it does not allow the nicest text editor

Lina

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

One of a kind

PROS

Miro has turned out to be a very important tool when it comes to taking requirement or an idea through the cycle of brainstorming, planning, design, and development. It's easy to collaborate, give, and get feedback. Also great for collaborating

CONS

There is nothing we didn't like about Miro

Jonathan

Reviewed February 2024

Miro is an essential tool!

Miro has been a great tool for system development and brainstoriming with stakeholders from various departments.

PROS

I like how easy miro is to use. It has a great user interface and the integrations with smartsheet and ability to embed pages within boards is a game changer.

CONS

I cant really fault miro to be honest. I would like to have a to do list feature.

Jean-Michel

Market Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Easy to use, feature-rich, responsive, and adaptable to different project typologies

We needed to clarify several ideas, concepts, and operating modes within a team of five people and technical providers. Miro helped us to better communicate the needs and requirements, and to more easily agree on specific goals together.

PROS

It is an easy and smooth tool to get accustomed to. Very useful as a collaboration support, especially during video conferences with remote collaborators.

CONS

The tool is rather expensive. We do not use all of its features, but still have to pay the full price. It's a pity there isn't a lower-priced package with only basic functions.

Veljko

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

PROS

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to. The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool. Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

CONS

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc. What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Trello is pretty limiting in terms of organizing ideas, collecting notes etc - every input has to conform to the column, it has to come in specific order, with only text visible (as far as I know). When collecting inputs, it's important for people to feel unconstrained, and our experience shows that we got much more honest responses via Miro.

Satya

Reviewed July 2021

Best collaboration tool

Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

PROS

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

CONS

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Reason for choosing Miro

Miro is the best product among all these as it is providing inbuilt features to use instantly. It is providing time options to limit the time for a meeting. It is providing a lot of canvas space to draw more wide and descriptive diagram which is really requires for a complex business.

Jeremy

Research, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Visual thinking board

I'm a visual thinker, and I couldn't function without a tool like this. I've tried them all and keep coming back to Miro.

PROS

It has all the flexibility I need to lay out my ideas, and progressively develop them. Plus, the community templates are amazingly useful and new contributions keep coming.

CONS

I am sometimes disappointed or unimpressed by the visual aesthetic aspect, but this is a very light annoyance.

Reason for choosing Miro

I was lucky to get an educational licence as a PhD Candidate, which made the choice trivia.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Generally, at some point I get annoyed at some missing feature, or I find myself reproducing a template from the Miro community.

Denise

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Excellent experience in collaborative work

For the most part, we've used it as a brainstorming tool since we first started using it. It allows me and my colleagues to reorganize our thoughts in novel ways. Even though we're all working at our desks, it feels like we're using post-it notes on a whiteboard.

PROS

It was a great experience, and I've used him for both teaching and scheduling since I met him. Intuition and teamwork are at the heart of Miro's design. You may use it on any device without having to download any additional software or plugins. A fast learner who can quickly engage a diverse group of individuals.

CONS

The only drawback I can think of is that uploading material such as videos might take a while. In addition, the cost per license for a small business is considerable, although the free basic version is fairly comprehensive.

Reasons for switching to Miro

My team and clients love Miro's ability to quickly create and share process diagrams and designs. It's been quite beneficial to having a method through which we can discuss and arrange our work in a straightforward manner. Because it doesn't need any prior understanding of diagramming or mind mapping, it's been helpful to my colleagues as well!

Angelo

Internet, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

A Comprehensive Look at Miro's Features

Overall, Miro is an excellent collaboration platform with a wealth of features to help teams work together. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the real-time collaboration feature is invaluable. While the pricing structure can be confusing and expensive and there are some features that could be improved, Miro is still a great tool for teams to use.

PROS

Miro is an excellent collaboration platform that offers a wide variety of features to help teams work together effectively. Its user-friendly interface is intuitive and easy to use, while the ability to create boards and draw diagrams allows everyone to easily visualize ideas. The real-time collaboration feature is invaluable, allowing teams to work together in real-time without having to constantly switch back and forth between applications.

CONS

While Miro offers a great suite of features, there are a few drawbacks. The pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for larger teams, and there are some features that could be improved, such as the ability to import files from other applications. Additionally, the user interface can be somewhat clunky at times.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro offers a great suite of features that make it superior to its alternatives. The real-time collaboration feature is invaluable, and the ability to create boards and draw diagrams gives teams the ability to visualize ideas quickly and easily. Additionally, the user interface is intuitive and easy to use, allowing teams to get up and running quickly. When compared to other collaboration platforms, Miro stands out in terms of features, usability, and affordability.

Rachel

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2023

Miro is the Master of Teamwork and Collaboration

We've started using Miro as a tool for brainstorming and sharing our thoughts. It's been a great way to generate ideas and make rough drafts of our projects. This method is effective because it allows us to briefly describe the benefits and drawbacks of each idea.

PROS

Online teamwork is fantastic. To let others contribute to the whiteboard, just send them an email invitation. Including people from outside the team in the project's development is beneficial. Miro is a portable and functional whiteboard app. We can now put things into some kind of order that makes sense.

CONS

Because of Miro's per-user licensing structure, everyone who wants to work together on a project must chip in. The issue is that you cannot invite individuals for the sole purpose of reading without purchasing a license for each individual user.

Reasons for switching to Miro

It's a one-of-a-kind resource for group work, brainstorming, and idea exchange in the digital age. This platform has a leg up on the competition thanks to its rapid update rate, board sharing, fantastic stickers, powerful performance, and other features.

Nur