All Visio Reviews

Sawan

Information Services, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2022

VISO still a great diagram creation tool

Tobacco, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

The tool for visual mathematicians

I love it for the purpose it was intended for. I don't think I could find anything better. Most of the time I have nothing but good things to say about this product. Just don't let yourself get in a spot where you need to write your own code to generate your charts automatically because the API and help for it would require another degree just for this product.

PROS

It can connect to a wide range of data sources to present data in your charts. It has a wide range of abilities through the various add-ons and tools. The range of standard drawing objects is huge and you can create your own if you know what you are doing.

CONS

It sucks for trying to program against it. Every drawing object has its own properties, methods and behaviors. It is a real nightmare if you need to integrate it into an automation system. The only one I have found that might be worse is Outlook and that would depend on what you were doing.

Reason for choosing Visio

We didn't. Our company purchased both and use them both for different types of needs.

Reasons for switching to Visio

These versions had a lot of functionality but since our company bought the MS suite and Visio came as part of the package it just made sense to use what we had versus buying something else.

cedric

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Mapping software

PROS

Modern and graphic product for easy mapping IT plan

CONS

Not include with Microsoft 365 product suite

Epeli

Civil Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

very well organized

loved the simplicity of visio as compared to others

PROS

Easy to use and simple compatible platform

CONS

maybe a bit more colors to the graphics.

Isaiah

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Terrible products and customer service

Do NOT buy Visio products! If you thinking of buying a tv/sound bar or other electronic, I advise you to steer clear from Visio!!! We purchased a TV back in April, we moved into the tiny house about three weeks ago. We set up the original TV, it worked for 2-3 days, when we tried to set up the WI-FI it said it needed to restart after we typed all the information into the TV. When the TV came back on it was just a black screen. We contacted the company and they said they would send us a replacement because there was no technician in our area. We were charged for another TV in the meantime of them sending us out the replacement which is understandable. We received the replacement tv in the mail the other day. We spend over an hour attaching it to the wall and everything. We packaged up the original tv and had everything ready to be sent back out to them and get the deposit back from the replacement. We installed the replacement tv and again tried to connect it to the WiFi and we are having the same issue as the original TV. We spent over an hour fighting with Visio directly this morning (on our Anniversary- yes) they proceeded to tell us that the only option was to send out a technician and see what they said. When we told them that we were told there was no technician in our area they placed us on countless holds of (3-4 minutes) they said they “created a ticket” for someone to come out and take a look, they would contact us within 3-4 business days and we can arrange a time t

PROS

None See full review in the overall experience

CONS

See full review in the overall experience

LeAnn

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Precise & Professional Flow Diagrams

I suggest several training classes for beginners because of Visio’s complex user interface and steep learning curve. But the benefits far outweigh the work to learn the product. Once ingrained, I found I cannot live without Visio in my working life. There is no other software that compares. I can create professional-looking business process flowcharts, as simple or complex as my clients request. The level of precision I can integrate into each Visio diagram helps my clients understand where they can make process improvements.

PROS

Visio gives the end-user a multitude of diagramming options and detailed customizations, making it an invaluable tool for creating detailed business or technical flow diagrams.

CONS

Visio’s pricing structure is geared toward enterprise users. Individual entrepreneurs and small businesses may find they do not have the budget.

Hugh

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Visio org chart review

Overall the application does exactly what we want it to do and has the flexibility to adjust to management changes with little extra effort.

PROS

Visio allows me to copy data into the chart and move/adjust the various blocks to where they align properly. It also allows for detailed alignment down to the fractional L/W/H for exact hierarchical flow.

CONS

The auto realignment when attaching an employee to a manager sometimes moves the flowchart in ways I have to adjust.

Bruce

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Simplified diagrams and layouts.

PROS

Able to create documents for a fraction of the cost of AutoDesk.

CONS

Updates seem to be far and few. Steep learning curve

Use and Price

Adam

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Productive Tool to give shape to data.

In general, I am satisfied with this solution. For my particular use, it permits us to easily visualize the data through the diagrams in order to make better managerial decisions. Also, it helps systematize processes and operating procedures through the flowcharts.

PROS

Being a product of the Microsoft suite, it was easy to learn to use Visio. It had a large library of diagrams and flowchart templates to choose from as a starting point. Making customizations was also straightforward. I could drag and drop different shapes and link them easily.

CONS

Some members of the team used Mac OS as an operating system. It was not as good as the Windows experience. Also, it depends a lot on other Microsoft solutions. It's not the software you use on its own. Lastly, when I upload a large amount of data, it takes quite a while to process.

Mustafa

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Upgrade your network diagram

Look no other if you are planning to start creating a network diagram. A great software for Network engineers and designers.

PROS

Creating a diagram for network high-level and low-level design is easy thanks to the features of importing ready-to-use icons. There are many options to use various network appliance icons from security to end-user icons.

CONS

It's not included in the Microsoft Office professional package.

Sushil

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great software available in integration with MS Office

PROS

Its really easy and great tool for making flowcharts and diagrams.

CONS

It needs to be with MS office that might be a cons, but otherwise its great.

Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 employees

Great workflow management tool

This is definitely a good software for manufacturers with the process visualization and data management. It also helped us out with our org chart. All in real time

PROS

The templates available and the data visualization that you get from them are top notch.

CONS

It is a tad bit spendy but at the same time well worth it.

Jorge

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Making projects easy to visualize

PROS

I liked the ease of use and manipulation of organized charts.

CONS

You have to purchase license for extra features

Great Charting Software Once You Put The Time In

If you have time, patience or a Viso expert at hand then I recommend Viso for charting.

PROS

Viso has a really comprehensive suite of features when it comes to creating charts and diagrams.

CONS

It will take a while to learn all of the features in order to create even a basic diagram worth using.

Hans

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Visio Complex but Good

I like it as a whole, much better than PP for making BPMs.

PROS

I like its ability to map large BPMs, and intuitive basic mapping.

CONS

Detailed changes are difficult to make.

Devesh

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Flowchart

PROS

Making flowcharts, mind mapping, Organization flow, product flow, and many more.

CONS

There are limits in few tools like flowchart.

Tireshia

Computer Networking, 501-1,000 employees

Visio review

PROS

How easy interfaced it is networking through college.

CONS

I haven't found anything not interesting just yet

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Great tool to draw Flowcharts , Process flows and Network drawings!!

I'm using Visio for my daily work when I need to draw flowcharts, business process and more importantly for network drawings and rack drawings. Early I was using Ms word and powerpoint for these but both of them were unable to deliver what I want so I switch to Ms Visio. Visio is a great tool to get a professional quality output without much effort. GUI is very easy to use and templates cover most of the daily business requirements and even easy to find many templates online and use it. I'm using original stencils for all my drawings ( Network and Rack diagrams )which gives me perfect output. So overall I really recommend MS Visio...

PROS

Easier to learn and use it even for a beginner who never used Visio or any proper software. The richness of the templates in the library and even the possibility to download additional templates as per your requirement. Available many stencils with most of the brands (HP, Cisco, Dell, etc.) when using to draw network diagrams.

CONS

You need to pay separately for license costs even you have Office Professional or Office 365. Need to convert to PDF or another version to view it , if you don't have Visio to see it.

Reason for choosing Visio

Trust over Microsoft products. An existing good relationship with Microsoft. Easiness of use and to learn. Better features and functionality.

Reasons for switching to Visio

Early I was using Ms word and powerpoint for these but both of them were unable to deliver what I want so I switch to Ms Visio. ( Mainly professional look output and easiness to use) Visio is a great tool to get a professional quality output without much effort.

Mohammad

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Visio is the best visual software in the market.

I loved it. It helped my work daily in presenting what I have in mind to my managers. It is a great partner when it comes to completing tasks.

PROS

Templates are there to helps us complete projects fast and save time. Customer support is very good. Price is acceptable as well.

CONS

The drag and drop option is sometimes not doing a great job but this is something that might relate to the installation itself.

Reason for choosing Visio

ARIS were not that good in responding to our requirements. We though staff will love the controls on the interface but they found it none user-friendly.

Reasons for switching to Visio

The support for Visio is better. Most of the staff required that we bring Visio to the office as they have a good previous experience working on it as it is very user-friendly.

Bradley