Browse FlowShare Reviews

Christian from PharmerCon GmbH

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

A fine piece of software

FlowShare is a high quality and intuitive tool for everyone who has to prepare larger number of software instructions. The efficiency of creating such documents is significantly enhanced as well as the quality and usefulness of them.

Pros

The AI, which accurately captures how you navigate through an application is the key feature in my eyes. Next comes the reduction of redundant steps, which is more on the light end. So, I always had to remove some steps manually but never missed any important step, which is good. The bulk editing feature (cropping or blurring) across all similar screenshot in a flow is the third outstanding feature.

Cons

The formatting of instructions and headlines could some more flexibility and features. It would also be great to import content into a customer template. But maybe these are PRO functions, which I did not use.

Wolfram from K104 Prozessoptimierung GmbH

Guiding users through the user interface - step-by-step

As an ERP consultant and trainer for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Centrral / NAV I have to document the company specific procedures - this can be done with snipping tools and snagit and a lot of other software if you do not have flowshare at hand. But with flowshare I can easily edit the whole story in one user interface and publish it in different ways easily.

Pros

When doing the job I don´t have to worry about forgetting any step - FlowShare will take care of that 100%. And while editint the full story and removing some obvious and simple steps i can simply remove the boring parts and reduce the story to the real content. this will keep attention of the reader high! And: publishing the story as pdf, word, ppt or HTML makes it easy for the user/reader to consume the content his preferred way of reading and learning! That´s really great!

Cons

It is not really a mistake or error of FlowShare itself - it is more or less a constraint in my job: quite often I work remotely via rdp for my customers. When recording my work with flowshare I then do not get a fully detailed description of my step. This full description is very helpful with locally installed software and I miss it on remote machines. But more and more customers accept an installation of flowshare on the remote machine - then the work is easy again!

Reasons for Switching to FlowShare

Because with flowshare the capture and the edit of the story are much easier.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Wolfram, Thank you for sharing your FlowShare story! Our software is meant to be a simple and efficient alternative to manual documentation, so we are pleased to hear that this is the case for you. We are trying to make remote work with FlowShare as functional as possible, which is why you no longer need to have customers install FlowShare on their devices, it is enough if they simply copy the unpacked installation folder onto the desktop of the target device. Hopefully, this feature makes your work yet a bit easier! Sincerely, Team miraminds

Claudia from Jugendwohnnetz Juwo

Quick instructions thanks to Flowshare

Pros

The product is easy to use. I like the editing mode (paiting). I like the fact that the prints can be saved in different formats (word, pdf, ...).

Cons

Unluckily I find that you always have to remove the license key if several employees work with it.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Claudia, We appreciate your feedback, thank you! Usually our licenses come with one activation each. If you require more licenses for your colleagues to use simultaneously, we offer team licenses at a reduced price for NGO. We'll get in touch with you to see which option makes the most sense for your organization. Sincerely, Team miraminds

Olde from mind-centric experience GmbH

A helpful tool for documenting and teaching new software interfaces

We develop new software interfaces, information architectures and software tools for customers. We use FlowShare on the one hand for the documentation of functionalities in the course of development and on the other hand for the software users on the customer's side when introducing new functions.

Pros

Easy to use with a quick, effective result for introducing users to new software interface.

Cons

We wanted a little more individual design options for the visual output.

Reasons for Choosing FlowShare

Screencapture videos often lack a certain quality and the production itself did not fit well into our work flows

Reasons for Switching to FlowShare

The creation of training material and documentation was too tedious and time-consuming, especially in the case of subsequent changes.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Olde, Thank you for leaving us your feedback! We are glad to hear that FlowShare supports you in introducing your customers to a new software interface. As for the design options: We are currently working on creating more diversity in designs. Hopefully, we can soon provide you with a creative update! Sincerely, Team miraminds

Philipp from BDAE Holding GmbH

Great Software

Solves the problems of documentation for each purpose. We are using it for new software-developments/processes and for initial training for new employees.

Pros

Makes lifes easier. Safes a lot of time for "documentation". Just telling the colleagues to use this tool for documentation and that's it. No further investigation or explanation needed.

Cons

Overview for licenses, Would be perfect to have an overview about used/activated licenses.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Philipp, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on FlowShare! Making documentation easier and a no-brainer is exactly what we are looking to achieve, so it is a great confirmation to hear about your experience. We will look into making overview of licenses easier for our Teams Licenses. One way to already solve this is the concurrent licensing. With this you should be able to use FlowShare without the restrictions of a regular license activation. Sincerely, Team miraminds

Christian from NORDANTECH SOLUTIONS GMBH

It works well and simply and everyone can use it, that is the main thing!

Pros

Our software Falcon has many options and functions so we were in need of a simple way to onboard our customers and provide support. Videos took too long to make and we wanted something that we could use for our help desk as well. I discovered FlowShare last year, it was very easy for our team to adopt and start creating guides with FlowShare instantly, resulting in more time to focus on what’s really important - providing frictionless results for our clients. Anything more difficult than Flowshare would’ve been too much of a hassle, we needed something that we could implement in our busy workflow and with Flowshare we could create consistent how to guides in an instant. Everybody can do it, it’s just that simple.

Cons

I would like to be able to embed videos in the presentations. We had to tweak the css template of the html export to adapt it to our design, would’ve been better if there were more html template options from the start.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Christian, Thank you for your feedback! Great to hear that FlowShare is helping you to enable your customers to get the most out of Falcon. We're looking to expand the template options for html output and happy to get your feedback on it. Sincerely, Team miraminds

Moritz from Consumer Goods

Convenient and easy to use tool for step-by-step guides.

The probably easiest solution to kick start your process documentation.

Pros

I am always amazed how such a simple program saves us so much time and stress in our daily work. When I introduced it the aim was for my colleagues to document their processes in our HR and ERP software, to build a foundation for our inhouse knowledge base. I was not so sure how they’d handle it, but the team is really relieved and now has more time to focus on more important tasks than creating manuals

Cons

A few functions were still missing at the beginning - like including more drawings and descriptions directly into the image, I told the support about them first they helped us out with a workaround how we could achieve the desired result and a few months later the feature was included in the new version! The same happened with the arrow, sometimes the position wasn’t ideal, now you can turn it. I still would’ve preferred if you could not just rotate but move it around.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Moritz, Thank you for your feedback! Input from our customers is very valuable for us to improve FlowShare and your comments have been a great help. And we have exciting news for you: With the version 2.7. you are finally able to move the arrows and adjust the rectangle selection. We hope you'll enjoy the new feature! Sincerely, Team miraminds

Simone from Michael Succow Stiftung

Industry: Renewables & Environment

What a relief!

I was looking for a software that would allow me, as an IT administrator, to answer recurring questions quickly and easily. A tutorial is, of course, the most obvious thing to do. Several administrators recommended Flowshare to me. I tested several programs, and Flowshare was the only one that convinced me. With other tools you still have to write a lot or edit screenshots. With Flowshare, this is kept to a minimum and I'm glad I found it. However, I was a little put off by the price, since there is no for-profit company behind it. But when I calculated how much time is wasted per month and how much it costs - well ... Now I'm happy and not so hectic. So my overall experience is a very positive one!

Pros

it is really straightforward to create a guide. I can now concentrate on my work and not on the laboriously created documentation.

Cons

it is hard to find anything negative. However, I think the price is a bit too high. A monthly subscription for that amount is probably not suitable for non-profit organizations. I would prefer one-time purchase software, as the need is not the same every month.

Jascha from ABB

Industry: Utilities

Fast and easy to use support to create manuals for software!

- Flowshare supports us by creating very well documented handovers when staff changes. - The time savings for manual creation by using FlowShare is impressive while quality and standard layout is improved at the same time. - The compact and powerfull structure of FlowShare leads in a very fast ROI even with a very small no. of manuals to be created per year. - I'm convinced that alot of manuals are not available because it is annoying to create them - FlowShare might help to extensuate this problem

Pros

- very easy to learn and use - independent software without need for bigger software enviroment - export manuals in several types of files incl. the further editing in word, power point a.s.o. - use of an own power point template for consistant coorperate identity layout is possible - full picture editing within the software with paint - very flexibel license models available

Cons

- not possible to copy and paste individual steps within the software (yet - feedback was well accepted by miraminds and maybe there will be an improvement) - implementing an own power point template is tricky

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Jascha, Thank you for your thorough feedback! Setting an incentive to document more software by making the process easy and fast is a major objective of our company, so it is nice to hear this from you. You are right, implementing one's own PowerPoint template can be tricky even with a step-by-step-guide, as the types of template vary very much from company to company. That's why we are offering our customers support to adjust their PowerPoint template to work seamlessly with FlowShare. Your feedback Sincerely, Team miraminds.

Christoph from Streamline

Intuitive and easy-to-use software for process manuals

Pros

At Streamline, we use FlowShare as our tool for generating process manuals in the Finance Department. Instead of handling snippets and manually copy and paste them into a document which needs to be formated several times, FlowShare comes with an intuitive approach by making screenshots as a basis for the final process document. I especially like the idea of adding text and headlines and mark things to the single screenshots. When done, you are able to automatically generate a final handy document in the pdf format incl. a table of content which we can use in our company to easily onboard new employees. The ease-of-use is very impressive, it does not take 5 minutes with the tour to begin with creating process descriptions with FlowShare.

Cons

The software fits perfectly to what we were looking for. Easily created process descriptions without the hassle of document formating. I am not missing any specific features.

Reasons for Choosing FlowShare

We chose FlowShare because of its simple and intuitive way to create manuals and its easy adoption. On top of that, we are very happy with the price-performance ratio.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Christoph, Every customer that saves time and unnecessary work with FlowShare is a success-story for our company. We are excited that our software makes your work easier! Sincerely, Team miraminds

Hauke from Rockfoot GmbH

Decentralization of Know-How

Quick win for every company based on digital technology based processes, a must have tool for every company driving its digital transformation.

Pros

Time-saving software documentation tool, unbeatable ease of work and usability, fast implementation, investments into implementation-consulting is not needed, enables every employee of a companies to bring their know-how-transfer to the next level, safeguards the investments into software solutions and accelerates reaching the return of software investments by increasing the efficiency of the use of software.

Cons

There are not any barriers or show-stoppers not to use this software documentation tool.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Hauke, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on FlowShare! We're delighted to hear that our software is meeting its goals and helping our customers get the most out of their software experiences! Sincerely, Team miraminds

Oliver from Impuls-Design

Perfectly easy-to-use software

It is a perfect tool for a common problem: How to (quickly) come up with a user manual or a "how to" for any kind of softeware or computer problem - e.g. how to follow a Zoom-invitation or how to handle a user-specific CMS-system. I used in a lot of times and it helped me a lot.

Pros

I could use FlowShare right from the minute it was installed on my computer because it is so intuitive.

Cons

Maybe I would use one or two more design options - but on the other hand it is exactly this what makes so easy to use - that you cannot spend hours in fumbling on design options ;-)

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Oliver, It is good to hear that you are enjoying FlowShare! We are currently working on more design options and hopefully we can provide you with an update soon! Sincerely, Team miraminds

Marcel from ALPERS WESSEL DORNBACH GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft

An easy way to create instructions

Pros

easy handling. documentation started and every click is included as a step in the documentation. Comfortable editing of the individual screen sections, highlights possible. Extensive output options in pdf, ppt, docx etc. very high time saving and professional looking output.

Cons

no real weak points. The tool completely fulfils its purpose.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Marcel, Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We are satisfied that FlowShare is working well for you! Sincerely, Team miraminds

Roland from Nordfoto Versand

Industry: Wholesale

Replaces the assistant I do not have

Pros

FlowShare replaces the assistant I do not have at all ;-) Until now, I took screenshots of a workflow on the screen using the common tools, but I often longed for an assistant that would merge the graphics into one document and provide them with short explanatory texts. Now FlowShare does that for me. And I get off work earlier. Thanks Miraminds for this great tool!

Cons

After having used FlowShare for nearly half a year I have nothing to criticise...

Reasons for Switching to FlowShare

FlowShare is easier to use than any other product.

Response from miraminds

Replied September 2021

Thank you for your review Roland! I'm glad to hear that FlowShare is easing the burden of screenshots and making your day a little easier. We're always looking for ways to improve our product, so please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do better.

Kai from Bosse PC-Beratung GmbH

Flowshare is very easy to install, to use and helpful tool to create manuals an howtos

I had to show and teach some internal processes and workflows. it was very easy to create the reference, for the team it was very helpful to do the work with the sheets at side.

Pros

Easy installation simple and intuitive use out of the box Fast results for useful how-tos very useful for documentation and support tools fast and qualified support

Cons

when I use a very high-resolution monitor sometimes some buttons did not appear on the suggested position

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Kai, Thank you for sharing some feedback. We are pleased to hear that our software works intuitively for you. After all, FlowShare is supposed to make software easier! Concerning your problem: our support team will get in touch with you shortly as we are currently working on a fix. Sincerely, Team miraminds

Miriam from Creditreform Kaiserslautern Langenfeld KG

Industry: Information Services

Perfektes Produkt

Pros

Einfach zu nutzen, Erklärungen im Programm, Support ist auch super

Cons

Nichts, alles vorhanden was man braucht.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Liebe Miriam, Vielen Dank fur das Feedback! Es freut uns zu horen, dass Sie mit FlowShare zufrieden sind. Wenn Fragen auftauchen, sind wir gerne fur Sie da! Herzliche Gru?e, Ihr Team miraminds

Matthias from dezera GmbH

Documenting software has never been this easy

I love writing code but I cannot stand documenting my own software. FlowShare is the most efficient tool I have tested so far. I also document way more than before.

Pros

FlowSHare never misses a step. All my clicks and actions are captured with the same reliable quality. This is great!

Cons

I wish there was a Linux version! I have to use a virtual machine to run FlowShare.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Mathias, thank you for the feedback! We are constantly working on improving FlowShare. :-) However, our focus is the Windows platform. If it ever changes, you'll be the first to know! Sincerely, Team miraminds

Julian from Innotech Vertriebs GmbH

Industry: Chemicals

FlowShare Easy to use very effective

Pros

Very easy to setup and use. Very clear instructions how to use it. Helps to build Step for Step Instructions for your employees.

Cons

Pricing Modell. No one time payment possible

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Julian, We are happy to hear that you are enjoying FlowShare! As you rightly point out, we only offer subscription plans for FlowShare. This is because we are rapidly developing and improving FlowShare and we want you to benefit from every update. If you have suggestions for improvements, do let us know and maybe you will soon find it in your next update. Sincerely, Team miraminds

Isabel from Cradle to Cradle NGO

Industry: Think Tanks

Great Tool for our purposes

Pros

Flowshare is a great tool to easily create and share well intelligible user instructions. We use the software in our educational work with more than 800 volunteers as well as internally in our team. Especially among the volunteers, the level of IT knowledge differs a lot. With Flowshare, we are able to sucessfully help them creating Wordpress websites or Youtube Videos. Its self explanatory and easy to use. Perfect for our purposes.

Cons

We have not noticed any inconveniences as of now.

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Isabel, Thank you for sharing your experience with FlowShare! Our goal is to make software accessible for everyone, regardless of their know-how. Hearing about how FlowShare enables volunteers makes us very happy. If you ever do experience inconveniences, let us know and we will do our best to improve. Sincerely, Team miraminds

Sandra from KSB SE & Co. KGaA

More user-friendly and easy is NOT possible!

Documentation of process steps for employees and managers in preparation for the implementation of a Global HR System

Pros

Quick, easy, to the point, cheap, cool company and cool employees

Cons

I really like everything about this software

Response from miraminds

Replied March 2021

Dear Sandra, Thank you for your review! We hope the implementation process goes smoothly! Sincerely, Team miraminds